[pp-F9] <<Guardian of Fire>> (Meokka, Jomei, Ssendom)

Guest Meokka

Jomei's eyes closed and he let out a light laugh, "Hah, you flatter me," his tone was that of a teasing manner. He sighed a bit and opened his eyes once again, still laying on the warm sand that was quickly cooling, "Thank you, I know its a trivial thing.. And its not necessarilly needed to be happy.. It just helps to take our minds off the death and mindless killing that goes on here. Gives us a small taste of our old reality a bit, ya know?" He sat up, scratching at the back of his head and looking down at his legs stretched out in front of him, " and life has been quite... Rough.. In that field lately," he now sounded a bit serious, as he thought about the girl he once cared about and how she disappeared, probably in the worst way he could think of. He quickly shook off the tone and thought, "okay, please dont stay up all night... Ill cover you whenever you wish to rest your eyes," and he laid his head back down. "Goodnight."

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Meokka

She nodded to him. "Good night Jomei-san." she said to him warmly. She hoped whatever ailed him wouldn't cause him nightmares. She sat there and then looked up at the night sky. There was a gentle breeze that seemed to calm her soul. She looked around the sands and saw there was nothing for miles. She sighed and laid on her back for a moment just listening to the noises around her. The sands gently shifted under them from the breeze caressing the sands and their skin. She sat up and began to pat her hair to get the grains of sand out. She then gave another look around. Some many hours later she got up and went over to wait Jomei. She yawned a bit and gave the ginger a gentle shake on his shoulder. "Jomei-san." she yawned again.

Jomei slept pretty nicely, well... As nice as one could sleeping in the middle of a cold desert on nothing but sand. He dreamt of opening up his HUD and noticing the log out button was there once again. Upon pressing it, a flash of bright light brought him back to a city square, sill wearing the nerve gear. When he took it off, he saw all of his closest friends standing there. He smiled at them, but felt a light shaking.. Accomapnied by a soft, "Jomei-san"

He slowly opened his eyes, a line of droll coming from his lower lip. He groaned softly as he looked up towards Meokka. He sat up and yawned, the droll made the sand below his cheek wet, so there was a layer of sand covering his cheek.

He finally came to and shook off his sleepiness, his eyes widened when he had realized he had drolles in his sleep. A blush was added to this when he realized his cheek was covered in wet sand. "T-thanks for waking me, your turn to rest now" he stretched his arms.

Guest Meokka

"Your turn." She sighed. "Wake me up when it's morning okay?" She didn't know but it'd only be a few more hours. She flopped over feeling exhausted. She didn't bother to undo her hair or anything. Not tonight. She'd be on the move as soon as the sun was up. No matter how dangerous it might be. She trusted Jomei. She had to. She dreamed about the bookstore back home, and the shrine she took care of. There was her teacher that ran the orphanage. What was he doing there anyway? "You have to persevere, we're all pulling for you here at home." She just stared at him. His arm was around the old woman that was taking care of her. She felt sad. She wanted to reach out and hug them but they just dissipated into the darkness and only their voices remained. "Come back to us soon, and while you're there you must help everyone you meet." "There have been so many causalities, please make it out in one piece and bring home the ones that still remain." He stated. "YES I WILL!" Meokka shouted into the void. She even spoke roughly in her self as she curled up. Her fingers digging into the sand as if she tried to hold onto something, or in this case someone. It had been ages since she heard her teacher or her 'mother'. That it was very emotional for her. She continued sleeping until the sun rose. It was only a matter of time no until they reached their destination.

He wiped his cheek clean of the sand, scrunching his face to the side because the grainy sand being pushed against his face stung a bit. Once he finished, Meokka told him it was his turn to take watch. Jomei gave her a playful salute, "Yes, ma'am!" She walked past him and plopped onto the sand hard, like coming home from a long day's work and hitting your bed.. He gave a single chuckle as he heard the shifting sand with a 'fwomp' sound. He looked around at the area, it was still pretty dark, but he could tell the sun way going to be rising soon. He let out a heavy sigh and looked up at the stars again.

-Time Jump-

The sun began to rise and Jomei was finally able to get a good look at the land, being they were nearing their destination. Not far from them in the direction they were going, Jomei noticed the sky seemed a little bit darker, and a red hue was emitting from a structure. Guess that was where they were going to find this boss. He stood up, wiping the sand from his shirt and pants. He crouched down next to Meokka, "Pst, hey. Wakey wakey~"

Guest Meokka

She didn't wake at first. Though after a few moment she slowly sat up and began rubbing her eyes. "Haangh." she stretched almost punching Jomei in the face. After a bit her arms just feel down and she just stared off into the sunrise. She blinked again trying to wake up. She then slowly turned to Jomei with a ghost like face, and then quickly shook her head. She got up and dusted off trying to get the sand off of her. "Forward ho then!" she saluted Jomei finally waking up. She looked towards the destination and started running in that direction. "Come on Jomei if we run we can get there a lot faster!

Time Skip!

They arrived at the cavern. "Well I guess here we go in here...."

The Cerberus only appears after players make their way into Inferno Cavern a cave that is immensely hot. The heat is so strong that all players who enter loose 1 HP If their craft roll is below 6. There they must defeat an unknown number of  <<*Hell Hounds>>  to awaken Cerberus.

Cerberus appears from seemingly nowhere; a dark body covered in dancing flames; its three heads are ferocious; and each attack individually, players must destroy all three heads in order to defeat Cerberus.

We must defeat 6 hellhounds with 30 hp total before summoning Cerberus 

<Cerberus> is a Field Boss and has the following statistics:
Head 1: 30 HP
Head 2: 30 HP
Head 3: 30 HP

Damage per Attack: 3 + 1 Burn Damage next turn
Cerberus ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 9-10
Each head attacks independently of one another. 
Thus, every hit you inflict the Cerberus will attack you three times.

"I guess we just go in then." She walked in to fight a hellhound guarding the entrance!

21618 bd9 cd6 

It was hot but Meokka didn't feel the burn she just had to take out this hell hound so they could pass. She readied her lance and pushed forwards to strike it. She landed a hit on it which seemed to wake the beast. "Quick switch with me!" She shouted to Jomei.

Meokka 50/50

Jomei 44/44

Hellhound 24/30 -6

Jomei watched as Meokka slowly woke up.. but became fully awake simply at the shake of her head. He stood up as she did, and nodded when she said they needed to move. She suggested they ran to get there even faster, so Jomei pushed his foot into the sand and took off running, following her to their destination.

The cavern where the Cerberus slept looked unlike anything in this desert he had seen until now. He could feel the scorching heat coming from the entrance to the place and dim red light radiating from the opening. "Alright, lets go. Be careful."

The two made their way inside and immediately felt the heat of the place. Sweat began to drip from his forehead and down to his chin. He pushed his bangs back out of his hair and let out a huff of breath. He followed Meokka deeper into the cavern, noticing an obstacle in their patch, Jomei leaned into the cavern wall in an attempt to bypass it.. terrible idea. The walls of the cavern were as hot as metal fresh out of a forge. Jomei grunted and pulled away from the wall, "Gah.. don't touch the walls!"

-1 HP

Finally, they saw one of their targets, a Hellhound. Meokka charged towards it in an attempt to get the upper hand with a sneak attack. After smashing her lance into it, she asked Jomei to switch. Jomei quickly drew his rapier and followed the same path Meokka took. Once he got to her position, he sidestepped around her and threw his sword forward, slashing at the beast's side. 

ID:21634

BD:5(+2) = 7

DMG: 7

CD: 5

Meokka 50/50

Jomei 43/44

Hellhound 17/30 -7

Guest Meokka

21644 MD1

The hellhound seemed confused on who to attack as it was still waking up from it's nap. When Jomei made his explanation it jumped and looked at the wall that burned him. It stared at the wall with an unbelieving face. The wall never burned this hell hound what did that human mean exactly? It instead ignored them even though they were the ones that struck it, and walked up to the wall nuzzling it. It got nothing. It then looked back at the humans with an inquisitive gaze as if expecting them to explain. 

Guest Meokka

21646 2 9

The walls didn't burn her. She was far to use to the hot forge back on floor four. However when the hell hound walked away she found her lance hitting nothing but air. She stared surprised. She frowned a bit at that, and looked to Jomei. "Switch before it gets away!" She wanted to get rid of it as quickly as possible. She held her breath as she waited for her turn. She glanced at Jomei hoping he'd rush forward and deal it some massive damage. She then scanned the area watching to make sure no other mobs where on their way!

Jomei watched as both the Hellhound and Meokka touched the wall without getting burned. "Really?" Jomei said, a additional bead of sweat dropping down his jawline. He sighed, but then heard Meokka call to him to switch quickly. Jomei's face tensed as he looked up a and saw the Hellhound moving away from Meokka. He took off, using his <Sprint> skill to charge at the beast as quickly as possible. He ran towards the walls that burned him and stepped up on to it, running shortly along the wall using a combination of his <Sprint> and <Acrobatics> skill to arc over Meokka towards the hellhound. Since he was going at faster speeds, he avoided being fatally burned. He thrusted his sword down, piercing the Hellhound in the head with his rapier.

ID: 21655

BD: 9(+2)

DMG: 7(+1)

CD: 7

Meokka 50/50

Jomei 43/44

Hellhound 9/30 -8

Guest Meokka

21689 10

It turned around roaring at them and ran at the two of them. Meokka quickly pushed Jomei out of the way as the hell hound was on top of her, it's teeth around her face. Meokka let out a blood curdling scream as it assaulted her face then jumped off howling. She laid there for a bit but then slowly got up trying to collect herself. The hellhound just seemed rather smug with itself. Then looked over at Jomei with gleaming eyes. He was the intended target, the hell hound would just have to try again.

Meokka 47/50 -3

Jomei 43/44

Hellhound 9/30 

Guest Meokka

21694 8 8

Meokka shook her head and looked to Jomei. Her hair buns fell out and her hair cascaded wildly down her face. She hated it, it was far to hot to have it down. She watched him a moment. "Follow my lead, lets end this ill mannered mutt." She nodded to him and looked at the hell hound. She placed her lance on her right arm. "You'll pay for making me look out of sorts. I don't like it!" she glared and ran forward striking the hellhound hard in the shoulder. She tried to pin it where it stood. "Stay you stupid dog." she growled. "Now Jomei switch!"

Meokka 47/50 

Jomei 43/44

Hellhound 3/30 -6

Jomei threw his shield in front of him as the Hellhound charged toward him. He shifted his back foot to brace for the attack and grit his teeth. The beast looked really angry after Jomei's last attack. Suddenly, Jomei found himself being pushed out of the way of the charging mutt. His shoulder hit the ground hard, and he quickly spun his body to see what just happened. His eyes widened as he saw the Hellhound pounce onto Meokka and began to rip at her body and face. Her scream pierced his ears as he struggled to get up. 

As the hound jumped away, she looked over to him with gleaming eyes. He knew it.. the Hellhound was after him, he was the one who had its attention. Jomei's brow furrowed, his usually cheery expression was now one of complete rage as he glared at the Hellhound. The amount of damage done to Meokka was not much, but she had still risked her life over his.. which was completely against his morals. He was the type that would give his life before anyone, and if anyone did otherwise, he would not be okay with it. Yes, it was hypocritical, but those were his morals.

"Now Jomei switch!"

Meokka's words brought Jomei's focus back to the battle. He quickly charged at the beast, his rapier scraping at the stone ground of the cavern. As he got closer, he activated his sword skill, so it almost looked as if the sparks of dragging it ignited a fire on his sword. He swung his sword forward, creating a cross formation on the Hound's body. "Celtic Cross Strike!" he pierced his sword through the center of the cross, the hellhound exploding into an array of data fragments. 

He sheathed his sword forcefully, without looking at Meokka "Do not do that again.. please."

ID: 21696

BD: 9(+2)

DMG: 7(+1)

CD: 9 No damage

LD: 9 +1 Mat

Meokka 47/50 

Jomei 43/44

Hellhound 0/30 -8

Guest Meokka

She poked around in her inventory seeing that she had leveled. She decided to change it up. I'd be far better this way. She nodded to him. 

"Sorry, I"m so use to acting like a protecting it was on instinct. How about this. So I don't do that again, based on our damage outputs we could take on separate hellhounds. While staying close to each other. That way we can get this done faster with not as much burning. If it gets to be too much we can run out for a rest. Sound good to you?" she asked him curiously now in her new armor. She figured now that she was inside the cavern heavy armor would be all right to use.She didn't feel sluggish in it at all, but it would have been far to hot in the desert combersome on the sand to wear it. She also leveled up her stats after she leveled killing the beast. "I'm ready are you?"

Jomei turned to look at her, his face still a bit of seriousness in it. He sighed and nodded at her. "That sounds good to me. Im sorry if I came off sounding angry.. I just don't want anyone giving their life for me.. plus, you have someone to make it back alive for. " He was going to make sure she at least made it back alive, God forbid anything happened to them. He smirked, {Ssendom would kill me if anything would happen to her} "Alright, lets find the next few enemies.. I want to take out this Cerberus as quickly as possible." Jomei noticed her change in armor, she looked much more prepared to fight in these conditions. He looked down at his own coat, which could not deflect a direct attack for the life of him. However, it was light and he was able to move around a lot more quickly in battle, so Jomei was happy with that. "Im ready." 

Guest Meokka

(Posting in one page from now on for my enemy, you can as well n_n)

21709 3 3 12 7

You have someone waiting for you too Jomei. You just haven't met them yet." She encouraged him.

She walked with him and saw a pair of Cerberus in the distance. Her armor heated up and she winced a bit. She then looked over to She ran forwards and used her charge skill on one of the enemies but missed. It wasn't her day. Oh well. She'd get it next time. "You, and me lets go dog." She shouted at the thing with a grin. She figured Jomei would take the other one that was there. The hellhound jumped away from the incoming lance and howled. It rushed at Meokka but she quickly side stepped. The necklace around her neck was glowing.

Meokka 47/52

Hellhound 30/30

Hellhounds killed 1/6

Jomei smiled, her words actually hit him, making him realize he had friends and would eventually find someone who cared for him.. So he knew he had to fight on for another day. Ahead of them stood the two Hellhounds, pacing around on the hot rocks. He pulled his rapier from his sheath, "Alright, lets do this." He took off running at the Hellhound, who had now noticed Jomei and prepared to be attacked. He missed his initial strike at the hound, only to have it return the favor my slashing its claws at him. He quickly jumped backwards out of the way, bumping into the walls of the cavern again. The familiar heat from the rocky wall scorched at his back again. With a grunt, Jomei pressed off of the wall, launching himself at the oversized dog. Jomei was able to land an upward slash across the Hellhound's torso. 

ID: 21710

BD: 7(+2) DMG: 7

CD: 2 

MD: 3(-2)

HP: 

Jomei: 42/44

Hellhound: 23/30

Guest Meokka

She opened up her inventory. She was actually a little worried about the whole thing.

"I'm calling in some back up!" She shouted.

She had her HUD open.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-mail%20loading.gifTO: SSENDOM

Darling, I'm with Jomei and we're fighting hell hounds. However I'm concerned about the Cerberus. Can you back us up please?

Love Meo <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21723 7 1 12 2

She raised her lance dealing damage to her enemy again "Ow!" the heat in the place was far more noticable with her heavy armor as she got burned again. She sighed somewhat use to it. The hell hound jumped at her and she quickly side stepped it again without hesitation. She quickly then hit the send button to email Ssendom. She'd feel much better knowing he was at least on his way.

Meokka 45/52 -1

Hellhound 24/30 -6

Hellhounds killed 1/6

Jomei nodded, while in the middle of his tussle with the Hellhound. "Good, we might need it for mother dearest in the next room" he threw up his shield to quickly block the hound from lunging at him. As the hellhound hit the ground, it made another leap at Jomei's head, which he simply ducked under it. As the hound flew over Jomei's head, he quickly stood up, driving his shoulder into the Hellhound's stomach. He jolted his body to the side to throw the beast off of him, and as it hit the ground, he slashed at its gut with his sword. 

"You doing alright over there?"

ID: 21726

BD: 8(+2) Dmg: 7

MD: 6(-2) Miss

CD: 11

HP: 

Jomei: 42/44

Hellhound: 16/30

Guest Meokka

21732 3 2 3 2

She winced feeling the burn as the lovely armor took another beating from the hotness of the room. She shook her head of the sweat that trickled down her face then tried to hit the hellhound one more time. She missed. "It's so hot in here everything waves a little. It's throwing me off." she admitted. She watched at the hell hound snarled and tried to jump at her. She again side stepped the beast. "I can do this all day pup." She taunted it. She looked back over to Jomei. "I think I can handle the heat. I work at a forge. How are you holding up?"

Meokka 44/52 -1

Hellhound 24/30 

Hellhounds killed 1/6