[pp-F9] <<Guardian of Fire>> (Meokka, Jomei, Ssendom)

Guest Meokka

Jomei was feeling fine. A lot warmer now because he had just been set aflame, but it had not done much damage so Jomei really was not hurting. He figured he would just keep watch for the night, he was not tired and wanted to make sure his comrades were fine. "No please, enjoy the rest while you can. Ill keep watch for the night... I'm feeling up to it." He slowly drew his rapier and sat down on the sand, his knees bent in front of him and resting his sword on his shoulder. "If anything happens, Ill make sure to wake you." 

Jomei sat there, tapping his sword on his shoulder, looking up at the starry sky. The warmth from being on fire had worn off, and the cold desert air began to nip at Jomei's body. He equipped his shield and placed it on the sandy ground, shifting his body so he could sit on top of it. Since his Summertime Blaze could do heat damage to enemies, it was giving off a light warmth as he sat on it. 

"Hey, Jomei" Jomei shot up. What? He wasnt sleeping.. he was just..resting his eyes for a minute. He squinted and blinked a few times to see Skylar standing in front of him, his face sort of.. tense. It was still dark out as well, so he must not have dozed off for long. Meokka was still asleep too, so that was good. "W-Whats up?"

"Something.. came up. I can't continue on with you guys.." he spoke in a whisper to not wake up their sleeping friend. "Im sorry."

Jomei stood up next to Skylar, his arms extended out to his sides, "What, why? We are close to our target. Whats going on..?"

"Its personal.. Tell Meokka I'm sorry for ditching you guys.. I gotta go.. Later" With that, he tossed the teleportation crystal he had been holding in his hands up in the air. As if fell back down, Skylar grabbed it and whispered the floor he was leaving to. It was too low of a mumble and Jomei couldn't hear it. His arms dropped to the side and his head slouched, followed by a heavy sigh. Jomei sat back down and continued his night watch. Guess it was just the two of them now.

Jomei: HP: 39/40 

Meokka: Concentration 2/5

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Meokka

TIME SKIP! Skill are refreshed HP is Recovered and Skylar is out of the equation due to IRL stuffs/inactivity.

Meokka woke up and took her turn before the sun rose. Again there was no issues at all. After the sun was up she went over to Jomei and lightly shook him. "Hey there. Skylar had to teleport out. I think something came up for him." She explained. She just stretched. "Do you think we can handle this ourselves, or do we head back now?" she asked a bit concerned. "It'll be a close call but I'll leave it to you. I suppose we could always just run away if it gets too bad. What do you think?" She'd go if he was still willing to try it.

He sat up and stretched his arms. Oh yeah, he remembered Skylar having to leave for some reason in the middle of the night. He originally thought it was a dream.. but it seemed like it really happened. "Yeah," he yawned, "I know, I spoke to him last night." He stood up, dusting the sand off of his clothes. "Don't know what it was about.. but it seemed pretty serious." He scratched at the hairs on his chin, trying to see if he could come up with any reason. Maybe a guild thing? No, couldn't have been.. He remembered Skylar mentioning he was in the same guild as Meokka.. so if she was not summoned as well, it could not have been that. He let out a sigh, "Oh well, nothing we can do about it now." 

He hooked his thumbs in his belt and looked around at the desert. "Well, we already came out this far..We might as well push on and give it our all. Im sure we will be fine."

Guest Meokka

She nodded admiring his enthusiasm. "It's been pretty quiet in this desert." After a long trek they came across a long steep drop. Meokka slid down it and waited for Jomei. "We should be there by morning or late at night at this rate. Hooo, it's pretty hot out." she stretched. the sands shifted under her and she almost lost her balance. "Wh-What is that?!" she fell on one nee and saw something bright shift out of the sand! "What the heck is that?! Wait it's the scorpius I mentioned before. I thought they only appeared at night! Jomei if you can try to strike now! "Watch out for it's cosmic dazzle attack!"

Hate Jomei: 

Meokka 50/50

479087314_1122737.gif?4 Scorpius 25/25 - Cosmic Dazzle: on a CD roll of 10+ blinds the character with the most hate for 1 of their turns.(like paralyze) 

The two continued their walk through the hot desert, which seemed all the more dangerous without a third person around. It made Jomei slightly nervous, but he figured what they were bound to face could be handled by the two of them. "Yeah... a little bit too quiet.." he couldn't help but chuckle when he quoted one of the most cliche movie lines of all time.. {..I have a bad feeling about this..}

Jomei and Meokka eventually came to a steep incline in the sand, one that would be a pain to walk down without falling. The two stood over it for a moment before Meokka hopped over the side and slid down the sand dune. Jomei laughed as she skid to a stop at the bottom. "That was awesome!" 

About to do the same, he stopped.. He had a better idea. He dropped his shield on the sandy ground, handle side up, placing his foot under the handle. {Hope this works..} He was about to lean forward, but suddenly stopped as he saw Meokka lose her balance and drop to her knee. The two were suddenly met with a giant scorpion like creature, who's skin shone like diamonds in the sun. "What the.. Thats a Scorpius?!" 

Jomei's face tensed, he needed to act quickly before this thing did any real damage. He unsheathed his rapier and held it back, his other hand, open palm, resting on the bottom of the sword's handle. He leaned his body forward, the shield taking him down the slope like a snowboard. He crouched a bit to lower his center of gravity, the shield speeding up as he declined. "Meokka, look out!"

As she dove out of the way, Jomei quickly thrusted his sword forward, piercing the giant scorpion and tackling it at the same time. The scorpion simply slid back in the sand while Jomei flipped over it and hit the ground rolling. He stood back up, recovering the shield that was still stuck to his foot. 

ID: 21211

BD: 6(+2) DMG: 7

HP: Jomei: 42/42 (Hate: 1)

Meokka: 50/50

Scorpius: 18/25 

Guest Meokka

21334 BD1

Meokka raised her lance and ran at it striking it. "They go under ground and......" her place was through it but it seemed to not have a body. "See the points on it, you have to hit there, or you miss! It's based off the constellation like the lion we fought yesterday. I thought it was only a night mob. Also be careful, it will burrow in the sand to avoid getting hit." She tried to explain in rapid fire. She jumped back and sure enough the thing went under the sand. "Shoot, we can't attack it till it comes back up. Be on your guard!"

HP: Jomei: 42/42 (Hate: 1)

Scorpius: 18/25 

Guest Meokka

21338 7 - 1

It came up from the sands and used it's claw. Pinching Jomei in the leg. It made a strange noise and quickly retracted it's claw from the thorns the pieced him. He growled again and skittered along the sand trying to find sand that shifts with more ease to hide again. However it seems rather confused and doesn't sink into the ground. It's still trying to figure out how it was hit when it attacked Jomei. It then turned hearing the woman shout something. "Jomei get it now before it dives into the sand!" It looked towards Meokka with interest not noticing Jomei.

HP: Jomei: 41/42 (Hate: 1) - 1

Scorpius: 17/25 -1

Jomei stood at the ready at Meokka's side, listening to her explain their enemy. It was a weird thing to fight, only being able to hit certain parts of its body. "Heh, guess I just got lucky then" when he slid down the side of the sand dune and smacked into the scorpion monster, he managed to do damage..so he must have hit one of the weak spots.

Before he could attack again, it had burrowed under the sand. Damn.. He had missed his chance to get a good look at where all its vulnerable spots were. He frantically looked around trying to find any sign of where their enemy way. Suddenly, he felt something clamp onto his leg. He looked down to see the scorpius slowly coming through the sand, its claw wrapped around Jomei's shin. He grunted and gripped his shield in his hand, which began to glow like metal being heated in a forge. He pressed the fiery hot shield into the scorpion's claw, managing to make it loosen its grip enough for him to pull his leg out.

Jumping back, he brought up his sword and ran at the beast again, it was his turn to do some damage. He quickly made his way towards te scorpion while its focus was on Meokka. "Oy, eat this you big bug" he leapt at the scorpius, driving his blade into a shining spot on its back. He dislodged his sword as it squirmed away from him.

ID:21354

BD: 8(+2)

DMG:7

Guest Meokka

21371 3 + 2 + 1

Meokka ran at the monster. Her armor activated from missing last time giving her a faint blue glow, and her eyes glowed a bright purple and she looked for a certain spot to hit. In fact she looked for the spot Jomei hit on his last turn. She placed her lance on her right arm and moved forwards thrusting it against the creature as it let out a pained scream of agony. "It's almost dead Jomei! I think you can take it out on this final swing. Hurry and sw-" before she could say switch the creature pushed her back and readied for it's turn!

HP: Jomei: 41/42 (Hate: 1) - 1

Scorpius: 4/25 -6 Cosmic Dazzle: on a CD roll of 10+ blinds the character with the most hate for 1 of their turns.(like paralyze) 

Guest Meokka

21375 1 

The monster ended up backing away from the lance however when it did so it's legs got caught in the sand. To remedy this problem it struggles a bit but then flipped over on it's back exposing a large fleshy surface to it's enemies. It's legs wiggled and writhed as it tried to stand up straight but failed to do so. It made a strange gurgling sound as it felt disoriented and didn't like being up on it's back. It would not kill the creature but it was being crushed by it's own bones and thus kept trying to move to get upright.

HP: Jomei: 41/42 (Hate: 2) 

Scorpius: 4/25 -6 Cosmic Dazzle: on a CD roll of 10+ blinds the character with the most hate for 1 of their turns.(like paralyze) 

Jomei watched as the beast stumbled, its bosy lipping over and revealing its underbelly. Jomei nosded and took a fighting stance, "Got it!" He crouched down a bit before pushing his foot into the sand and using his <Sprint> skill to charge at the vulnerable monster, before it could recover and escape back into the sand. As he approached the scorpion, he bent his knees and jumped as high as he could, turning his body almost horizontally and beginning to spin. As he reahed the peak of his jump, he began to spin faster like a top, rocketting down towards the scorpion, " Dancing Hurricane Strike!" The spinning cyclone that was Jomei collided with the scorpius, kicking up a mass amount of sand and blue data fragments.

The dust settled to reveal Jomei, picking his body up on the ground, sheathing his blade.

ID: 21401

BD:10

Dmg: 9

LD:10

+1 Mat

Guest Meokka

(Pft lols at your avatar)

She nodded to Jomei. "Well done." she was pleased seeing such great skill. She looked at him. "If they come out in the day time we should be on our guard. Some of them carry poisonous stingers. Lets get going." She put her lance on her back and tried to lead the way. "We should get there early in the morning but we'll have to rest again at some point. "Are you holding up all right?" She asked a bit concerned about his health. She knew being truly hydrated wasn't an issue but at the same time she didn't want to risk it.

He grunted as he stood up, stretching his right shoulder. The speed and force of that attack, whenever he did it, took a bit of strain on his arm. It was nothing a bit of stretching couldnt fix. He nodded at her in thanks, he appreciated the slight praise. "Yeah, we should be careful.. Especially since we arent even there yet, being we still need to fight the hell hounds and Cerberus." He sighed, they had a tough trek and battle ahead of them, so he needed them to be ready. He smiled at her when she asked if he was okay, " im feeling fine, thank you.. We should try and keep going unless you want to rest."

Jomei pulled his shield from his back and observed it, it had taken a bit of a pounding since he first got it, as a shield should. He noticed it was beginning to wear out.. He may need to invest in a new one soon enough.

Guest Meokka

She walked over and looked at him. She got out a cloth and started cleaning up the shield. "If you need something from a blacksmith let me know. It'd be safer and sturdier." She explained. She walked with him. "I've only made one shield before though. I'm curious to your tastes Jomei." she smiled ready to hear about what sorts of things people liked. She lead him to the place where the Cerberus gathered. "What's Cerberus plural?" she wasn't sure. The heat was annoying once they got closer to the place the sun had gone down. "Should we rest again to arrive there in the morning?"

Jomei watched as she washed off the shield "oh, thank you" he smiled. She began to talk about getting a new shield and going to a smith. Well, Jomei had been thinking of that lately, could really help in making him stronger. Then she mentioned the smith being her, "Oh youre a blacksmith? Wheres your shop located?" Jomei asked excitedly, he didnt know any blacksmiths personally.

"Well, id really have to think about it.. I think id want to focus on gettinf a new sword first, but definitely on my to do list." He gave her a thumbs up and smiled. "If youd prefer to get there by morning, lets rest now. If not, we could keep going."

Guest Meokka

"It's on floor four, called the crescent hare. She smiled. 5 Materials for a perfect item. That's how most people pay. I need to go hunting for more materials actually." she admitted. "You said you were a performer earlier. Can that help us against monsters or, how does that work exactly?" she was a bit thrilled to learn about a new craft. If she found out more maybe she'd go to his store as well. She hadn't gone shopping in awhile. It seemed like a good idea actually. She knew performers danced or used an instrument. She wondered which he did now. It was all she could do for campfire talk. 

"Fourth..floor..?" Jomei scratched at the hairs of his chin, thinking back to Snowfrost village. His eyes widened a bit and he began to grin, then he looked to Meokka with one raised eyebrow. "So that means you are friendly with Ssendom then, am I right?" He chuckled, thinking as if he was some Sherlock Holmes for thinking he figured it out. "He mentioned something about being friendly with the girl from the forge there, guess thats you huh."

He scratched at the back of his head when she asked about his profession, "well..uh..I.." He was at a loss of words, he barely knew how to craft anything useful in his field.. He only really used it for leisure. "Im not really sure.. I think if I was better at crafting theyd be useful.. Maybe I should look into it more."

Guest Meokka

"Hm? Was I a secret or something?" She tilted her head trying to figure out how he meant it. She looked off wondering if Sen-kun was embarrassed of her that he only called her the girl at the forge. She just looked down not sure of anything now. she nodded. "I hope you get better in your craft, but, how did my Sen-kun talk about me?" she asked with knitted brows and a long face. She honestly hoped that it wasn't in a bad light. She then looked up at the stars for a moment. Her military like outlook wanted to slip. She was usually very direct about things, but with Sen being brought up she was thrown off completely.

He waved his hands in front of him smiling, "Relax relax.." He sat down in the sand, crossing his legs and taking a bottle of water out of his inventory. "No, he was not keeping you a secret, I just had not asked him about it.. I merely asked about his new armor and he mentioned that you had made it for him, and that the two of you were friendly," He smiled reassuringly, "Im sure he would have told me wonderful things about the two of you.. I just felt I did not want to poke into his personal life is all, since its none of my business. But he seemed very happy about mentioning you."

Jomei fell back into the sand, his hands behind his head, looking up at the sky. "Trust me, I may not have seen it with my own eyes.. but what you guys have is really something special.. Wish I had something like that" he chuckled, pathetically. "So, would you like the first watch tonight? Or should I?" 

Guest Meokka

She sighed feeling at piece with everything. It was a good thing he did not tease her or she'd get anxious. She looked to him and watched him a moment. A smile went across her face. "I know you'll find someone. You're reliable in battle, and very kind. A woman would have to be blind to not notice you in some way. Don't worry about it. It'll happen for you. If I had my tarot deck I'd do a reading for you but I don't have one." she relaxed a bit. "I can take the first watch. Because we're almost there I doubt we'll meet any monsters tonight. I'll wake you up when it's your turn." She said looking over to him. "Good night Jomei-san." she gave him a slight bow and hoped he'd sleep well.

(After the skip we'll find the place n_n here's hoping we don't die!)