[F1-PP] How Time Flies

Shaya finds herself roaming the grassplains as she usually does. In search of the next town, she walks up and down hills glimpsing at her map every once in a while. God I need a drink. A nice shot would do wonders for me right now. As she complained she thought of her friends back home and wondering what they were up to. More importantly if she was missing any parties. She looked up at the sky to the clouds and felt astonished that she wasn't in the real world with how this one looks.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jevi learned that boars were pretty fast, the hard way. Finally trying to overcome her fear of death, Jevi decided to venture out into the fields beyond The Starter City in an attempt to dirst her scimitar with battle. However, she figured out soon after she really was not ready for that, and the boar gain the upper hand over her. So Jevi ran from the boar, opposite from the town of beginnings. She thought if she ran back to town, other players would see her and laugh.. and that would hurt her pride more than anything. So she ran as fast as she could, the sound of pounding hooves and snorts coming from not far behind her. Jevi thought that this was it, that she was not going to make it out of this one. However, after running quite far from where she began, the boar turned back around.. no longer pursuing her. Maybe she ran far enough out of its attacking range..? If that was sort of a thing in this game. She found herself far from The Starter City on a road that seemed to connect another First Floor Town. A tree on the side of the path provided shade for Jevi to rest under. She slid her sword back into its place on the back of her waist and plopped down at the base of the tree, breathing heavily. She shook her head and looked towards the path. She noticed a girl was walking her way, with a small box opened in front of her.. looked like a map almost. Jevi took a long sigh when she figured the girl was no threat to her and hoped she did not notice her retreat from the boar. 

As Shaya was walking she noticed someone on the ground panting through the opacity of her map. She approached the person making out that it was a girl. You alright? I couldn't help but notice you are breathing rather heavily.  She looked down at the girl and decided to sit down right next to her. She spoke before the girl could give an answer. I'm Vio- Uh Shaya. Sorry I'm not used to the name change yet. She looked out over the hills admiring the scenery and back at the girl still awaiting an introduction.

Jevi's breathing had calmed mostly. The girl sat down next to her, which Jevi did not expect. As she settled into her new seat, Jevi subtly moved over a bit away from the girl. She pulled her knees in towards her chest and placed her hands on her thighs. She continued to look down at her hands, ~"I'm alright.." she spoke softly, "And my name is Jevi." she shot a quick glance over at the girl as she spoke her name, but then returned her glance towards the ground. Jevi was not one to be able to make small talk easily, since she did not have any friends to do so with. 

She noticed that Jevi was uncomfortable and examined her from a distance. You sure? I only curl up in a ball when I'm scared... I'm not frightening you am I? Shaya had always been a very outgoing person so she didn't deal with shy people very well. She scooted closing hoping not to scare her off. She opened her menu and selected an item, the box disappeared with a ping and a flash of light appeared in her hands. It formed into a bottle of water. You thirsty hun? I don't know what you were running from but it seems like you ran pretty far. She held the water out to the girl hoping she'd take it.

(-1 water)

Jevi clenched her fist a little bit before letting her knees fall towards Shaya and her torso turned towards the girl as well. ~"Really.. im alright. No no, you're not frightening me." she spoke sincerely to the girl, something she really did not find herself doing very often, "I'm just usually, not very good with people is all" she scratched at her bicep. The girl was seemingly very kind towards her, which kept from Jevi's attitude and ill temper from coming out. As the girl moved closer, Jevi kept her place this time. It was not that she was scared of people or was uncomfortable when people tried to talk to her, its just that she lived a life of people usually bullying her and she did not have many real friends.. so this was all new to her, people being kind that is. 

Jevi's yellow eyes looked into the girl's as she held out the bottle of water. She nodded and gently took hold of the bottle, ~"Thanks." She popped the cap off of the bottle and took a small sip, which soon turned into a much larger sip. She let out a relieved sigh, wiping any excess water from her lip. ~"I...er.." she bit her lip, and then looked a bit ashamed, ~"I was.. running from one of the boars around The Starter City... I'm.. not really good at fighting yet. And I thought it was gonna kill me."

Shaya's eyes widened as Jevi told her story. Oh? A boar huh? Yeah those things can be major butts sometimes. But I don't blame you for running, when your scared it can be pretty hard to think. You know what I'm afraid of? She waited a few seconds then answered blushing. Heights and water! And that stuff is everywhere! But I gotta keep in mind that I can overcome it all,because the courage outweighs the mind. She looked over on a hill seeing a few more boars, she gave them the finger for a moment and returned back to Jevi.

Jevi nodded as Shaya sympathized with Jevi's encounter with the boar. She tilted her head slightly when she mentioned what she herself was afraid of, ~"Sure, go for it." After a short pause, Shaya revealed what her fears were. Heights and water? Thats not too bad.. Shes heard of worse for sure. Jevi shrugged her shoulders, ~"Nothing to be ashamed of honestly." Then she watched as the girl gave a rude gesture to some boars off in the distance. ~"So, Shaya, where were you headed to anyway?"

Shaya pulled up her map and examined it for a minute. After a little bit of looking her face showed a puzzled look. Her memory was terrible and completely forgot what she was doing. I um... I forgot. She kept staring at the map looking at the names of all the towns. She looked back at Levi and smiled, Well, were you going anywhere? I could help you get there if you want me to, its not like I know what to do now anyway haha.

Jevi watched as the girl examined her map.. and then admitted she forgot where she was going. Jevi felt a slight smile cross her lips and a giggle escaped her lips, to which Jevi's eyes widened for a moment. She just smiled? and laughed? ..that was new. She had not done either of those things in a long time.. Maybe this game and meeting new people was starting to change her for the good. When Shaya asked where Jevi was going, she scratched the back of her head, ~"Like I said, I was trying to fight a boar before.. but that didn't work out too well. So I have nothing on my agenda now." She turned back to the girl and shrugged. 

Shaya finally felt she was getting on this girls good side after she heard her laugh. She thought for a moment, Hmm.. You know what really disappoints me? How much clothes cost here.  Back at home I had something for every day, here I have this. She pointed to her starting clothes which were quite nice as they were. But Shaya always wanted something else. She was satisfied with her yellow dress and high socks at the beggining but now she looks at it as old news. What do you think? Do I look alright? She said with an unsure voice hoping she wasn't unappealing to anyone.

Jevi thought about it for a minute for something like that never occurred to her. Honestly, in the real world.. she did not own too many outfits.. just enough to get her by. But she could understand where the girl was coming from. ~"I've never even bothered to check how much clothes cost here, but I'm sure I could take your word for it." She looked down at her own choice of attire, which was a little more intricate than Shaya's. It consisted of an orange karategi top and black pants, separated by a tan cloth belt. She also had a scarf, arm and leg warmers of the same color and material. She did not mind her starter clothes honestly.. but she knew in time it would have to change. 

When she asked if Jevi thought she looked alright, she gave the girl a quick look up and down at her outfit. She then smirked when she met her eyes again, ~"Well, first time I'm meeting you. So you look fine to me. Im not much of a girly-girl or pretty like you.. so I probably wouldn't be able to pull off a dress like you can" she scratched at her arm again. 

Shaya smiled at the girls answer. I'm glad you think I'm pretty, but you are too you know. I'm sure you could pull off any dress you chose. She stood up and spun around letting the wind catch her hair and clothing. I think I just show off a ton to look pretty, I'm really not. But making it seem like you are gives the boys a higher oppinion of you. Shaya winked at Jevi, assuming she was straight. Shaya didn't want to seem stuck up to her.

The only one who ever called Jevi 'pretty' was her father. Anyone else either didn't think so or used more derogatory terms when trying to get into her pants. She looked up at Shaya, who was now spinning to make her dress flare out. She gave the girl a soft genuine smile, ~"Thank you, Shaya. That actually means a lot.." She stood up and stretched her arms, ~"But, I don't think you'll catch me in a dress anytime soon." 

Jevi scoffed when Shaya mentioned boys having their opinions of them, she did not care what guys thought of her. They never cared to see how she felt anyway. She crossed her arms and looked at her friend again, ~"Yeah, I'm sure that would get guy's jaws to drop. I wouldn't really know. Guys never took much of an interest in me in that way. The nice way at least.. " She stopped herself before going any further, thinking about all of the bad things on the outside were bringing back bad memories, and she knew if she continued, she would probably end up crying on this girl's shoulder, spilling her life story. And she didn't want to do that.

Shaya understood exactly what Jevi was talking about. Love is something she has felt but never recieved. Yeah I can say the same thing. There was one boy that I thought would think of me that way.. but it turns out I wasn't enough for him. He went out with other girls while I was trying to get ready for our date. She clenched her fist in anger dispising her bad memories. She shook off the feeling, not wanting to intimidate her new friend. So be it. It just shows that he wasn't the one. She looked back at Jevi with a small frown upon her face. Hey.. Is it bad to show off? I know it takes away from others but.. I cant help but always wanting to be the one everybody loves.

Jevi sighed, ~"Im sorry to hear that. Must've been rough."  Jevi tried to think back to any situations she could share.. she figured she would keep them to herself. She didn't want to upset the girl, or herself. ~"Well, it was his loss." she placed her hand on Shaya's shoulder and smirked. As she held her hand there, she looked down and noticed Shaya's fist was clenched. Seemed like there was more to this story than Shaya was letting on, probably best not to press it. It was then that the tension released, and Shaya turned to Jevi. 

~"H-Huh? Bad to show off..?" Jevi placed her hands on her hips and cocked her head slightly in question. ~"Hm.. I guess it could be bad if its taken overboard... But I always figured, if you have it.. you might as well flaunt it." she gave Shaya a smile. ~"In all honesty, when I was younger.. I envied girls with that mindset.. trying to get everyone's love and attention. I guess that was just me being jealous and wanting people to care for me as well." She quickly brought her hands up, waving them in front of her. ~" D-Don't think that I don't like you or anything! You're really nice and I'm sure you deserve everyone's love!" she felt like she was just babbling on now.

She looked back to Jevi and gave her a smile. Thank you. Jevie continued to speak frantically. No no it's cool, I know what you mean.. But even though we just met, I care about you. And I think you deserve just as much love. Shaya knew what it meant to be alone, and she never wanted anyone to feel that. Jevi seemed like she's been alon for a long time, not ever getting someone to love her. And Shaya wanted to see her friend happy no matter what now.

Jevi's eyes widened a bit when Shaya mentioned she cared and that Jevi deserves love. Despite her skin being a tad darker, it was obvious that her cheeks were red from blushing as well. These were all new feelings, knowing she has someone's friendship and all. It really made her.. happy.. for once. She smiled at Shaya, ~"..thank you. I know we only just met and all.. and you don't really know me.. but I really needed to hear those words from someone, anyone. And im happy it was you.. so thank you." 

Jevi shook her head, wasn't time to get all mushy over something. Her innocent smile turned to a confident grin as she looked at her new friend, ~"So! Lets do something! Where are we off to?"

Shaya noticed that it seemed Jevi was about ready to cry at her kind words. But she quickly changed her attitude and asked Shaya what to do. She thought for a bit wondering of something fun. Ah! I know! How old are you? She shook her head. Nevermind it doesn't matter. She thought of something she was good at doing, playing people, specifically guys. Do you drink at all? Because I am dying for something to lighten me up. And I know just how to do it.. for free. Shaya winked at Jevi holding her hand out to her. You up for it?

~"How old am I?" Jevi wondered where this was going. ~"Well im tw-" Shaya shook her head and interrupted Jevi, telling her it didnt matter for her plans. Okay, now she really had no idea where Shaya's head was with ideas of plans. It was then she mentioned drinking, and it all came together making sense. Jevi chuckled, ~"I could go for a drink honestly.. but for free?" Jevi wondered how she would go about getting the girls free drinks.. but honestly, she figured she wouldn't ask. ~"Sure im game."  Jevi took a couple steps to stand directly next to Shaya before the two head off walking.