[F3] Alley Cat Stash (Merchant) [Closed]

20120317131030_FZcvf_thumb_600_0.jpg

Among the streets of Delilah Village there lies a Merchant's shop slightly off from the surrounding stores and taverns. On the outside the building looks generally approachable, but once inside the atmosphere changes to a dimly-lit store, leaving one to wonder if the building was still inhabited. 'Alley Cat Stash', the sign outside the door read, as if it had been scrawled onto the wooden sign. If you're looking to buy, sell, or trade you've indeed come to the right place. The shop owner Hans may come off a bit strong, but he would never turn down a good deal.

[Merchant Info]

EXP: 193

[General Store]

Here are all the general store items.

Antidote Potion - Cures the target of one Condition. Requires a post action.
Cost: 1,100 col

Healing Potion - Heals the user for 15 Hp. Requires a post action.
Cost: 880 col

Field Rations - Grants +2 MAX HP for duration of a thread or one roleplay day. Requires a post action. Cannot be used in combat or if threatened. [TEMP BUFF Cook] +Max HP
Cost: 264 col

Immolation Potion - Grants the user rank 2 thorns. (Opponent suffers 4 DMG on opponent BD: 6-8 if you were a target of their attack and are hit.) Duration: 5 Posts. Requires a post action. [TEMP BUFF Alchemy] +Thorns
Cost: 440 col

Basic Teleport Crystal - Returns the caster to the primary safe zone location of that floor. Requires two post actions to complete teleportation. Example: You use the crystal on your first post, but do not teleport away until your next post.
Cost: 2,200 col

Basic Armor - Generic good quality armor. Provides no enhancement bonuses but may be used to gain the benefit of armor skills. All types available.
Cost: 110 col

Basic Weapons - Generic good quality weapons. Provides no enhancement bonuses. All weapon types available.
Cost: 110 col

Dimensional Backpack - Adds +1 to player carry capacity. (This item does not take up an equipment slot) May only ever have one Dimensional Backpack at any given time.
Cost: 11,000 col

Custom Fishing Rod - Gives a +1 CD to the fisherman who uses it.

Custom Instrument - Gives a +1 CD to the performer who uses it.

Recording Crystal - Can be used by anyone to record sound, later voice or time activated.
Cost: 880 col

[Junk Sale]

If you've got stuff you don't need, I'll sell it off for you.

Uncommon Items
Gains: 90 col

Rare Items
Gains: 180 col

Perfect Items
Gains: 360 col

Edited by Hans
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Custom - Available for Purchase]

These are all items I've acquired. Lemme know if you want something special, it'll be put in the Custom Orders section down there.

Uncommon Voucher [Quantity: 28] - Use to re-assign the enhancements on an uncommon item.
Cost: 200

Rare Voucher [Quantity: 6] - Use to re-assign the enhancements on a rare item.
Cost: 450

[Custom - Orders] 

Here are the orders I'm working on. Place an order whenever and I'll tell you about how long it'll take me to make or find it.

[None]

Edited by Hans

[Item Appraisal]

Base Cost. If you provide the materials, the base cost for the appraisal is free. I sell materials for 500 col each--feel free to purchase any I may have and I'll use those. This completely depends on if I happen to have any materials in stock.

Result Cost. Once the appraisal is finished, an added cost depends on the result and (on a success) the type of enhancement applied.

• Locked or Retry: If your item is locked or I couldn't add an enhancement, I will not ask for further payment.
  • Success:
    • Normal Success: Any normal enhancement added is 500 col.
    • Unique Success: Any unique enhancement added is 2,000 col.
Edited by Hans

Emerath poked his head into the store. He wasn't sure if he had the right place, and he felt even less so by how dimly lit the store was. He looked around and was about ready to leave again when he noticed a man who looked suspiciously like a hobo messing around with some stuff in the shop. And then the man stood up, and sure enough, it was Hans. Yep, this is the right place... he thought to himself as he made his way in. The place smelled a bit dusty. Hans must've just picked the place up, perhaps as an abandoned shop from an NPC or another player. As he looked around at the general wares in the store and their listed prices, Emerath felt like, despite that these were perfectly legal and common items, that he was in some sort of a black market shop. Perhaps that's what the catlike man had intended.

Emerath finally made his way to the shopkeep himself and smiled at him, trying his best to be polite. "This is, uh. A very nice shop you have here Hans. I figured I'd stop by, like you requested."

Hans had been poking about, finishing the set-up of his newly-acquired store. He heard the noises of someone entering and turned around to take a look. Despite his messy blue hair covering his eyes, he grinned when he saw Emerath approach. "Nya ha, Emerath!" He greeted him, looking around the store proudly as he walked over to the counter. "Glad you like it!" He rested his arms on the sturdy wood and leaned over the counter, his yellow eyes visible through a part in his bangs as he was uncomfortably close to Emerath now. His voice lowered in volume as he spoke again through his catty grin, "So... You got the goods?"

Emerath was about as close as he might have ever wanted to be to this man, as he leaned over the counter and he was asked a very... strange question. Emerath looked at Hans very quizzically pondering what he was saying. Now he really felt like he was in a black market store. He felt like he had just had the shadiest guy just ask him for something not entirely legal, despite that there weren't any "illegal" things in this game as far as Emerath was aware. Emerath backed away and quickly ran his hands along his suit, as if it had somehow become creased.

Finally, Emerath smiled at Hans and said, "Honestly, my good man, I have no idea what you mean." The tone was flustered, as if he had just been caught in some kind of a bad deal by the cops or something.

"Pff--" As Emerath backed away, Hans couldn't contain himself. "Nya ha ha ha!" He laughed, clutching his sides. "That was great!" He exclaimed, taking a moment to regain himself. "I'm joking of course," He finally continued, resting his arms on the counter again, flashing his usual grin. "But if you want to buy, or have things to sell or trade, you've come to the right place." His expression soon turned sour as he glanced over at the various wares on the shelves. "I can't offer you much but the basics right nyow, though."

Emerath shook his head at the man and gave a bit of a sigh. Yes, of course. He was just messing with me. He thought to himself as he looked around at the wares again. It was a lot of basic stuff and Emerath figured he could use a lot of it at one point or another, but now was not this time. But Emerath looked in his inventory and saw that he had a bunch of basic potions. Ones that weren't great, provided no stat bonuses and would essentially be considered "common" and then looked to Hans. "Well, if it's goods you do want. I have some basic stuff I can sell you. I'd prefer materials but I'll take Col too. I have 9 basic items. What would your starting price be?"

Hans put a hand to his chin, weighing the man's offering and determining a good price. "If it's materials you want... For nine basic items, I can give you four materials." He thought it was a fair deal, and gave him plenty of items to start trading for vouchers. He placed his hands on his hips, hoping Emerath would like the offer, and ideally become a repeat customer if they could work out a good system. Hans would need to find a good way to acquire materials, though. They would probably be in high demand with all the professions the game offered.

Emerath smiled, considering Hans' counteroffer to his initial one. It sounded like a fair deal to Emerath, and he didn't really want to gouge the man anyway since he had just started and probably didn't have many materials to begin with. Emerath nodded at the offer and opened up a trade window, placing the 9 basic potions he had in his inventory into the window. It was a total of 5 good potions and 4 bad potions, all of varying medicines and poultices that provided no real stat bonus to the player, and were only for vanity. Emerath never really thought he'd make much use out of them anyway, so he figured better to trade them to the merchant for something he could use.

Emerath's Trade Offer:

• 5 Good Potions
  • 4 Bad Potions

Trade Accepted

• 9 basic items obtained (5 Good, 4 Bad)
  • 4 materials traded

Hans grinned and placed the four crafting materials into the trade window, pressing the Accept button. Remembering the guild they had just finished recruiting for, Hans remarked, "Once the guild has been established, I'll have to implement guild pricing." He figured he could lower his prices a bit if it meant getting more customers. Connections really were everything, in both real life and online.

Emerath nodded as he watched the items changed places and looked at the materials that had popped into his inventory. "Well, my good man. You just helped me make sure I can craft tomorrow. I appreciate it." And then he listened to Hans comment on the guild, and thought that sounded like a good idea, "Yeah, I'll probably do the same. Though you and me, we need to talk about working out deals anyway. Aincrad needs a solid merchant with good connections. And you're going to be an information broker anyway. People are going to come to you for practically everything." As Emerath said this, he couldn't help but think about the shop he was in, and how odd it would be to have this be a bustling shop. Are we creating the black market?

Emerath shook his head and chuckled. "Anyway, I must be going. It was great seeing you Hans. I'll let you know when the guild finalization goes through!" He gave the man a wave and made his way back out of the shop. As Emerath stood outside, he filled his nose with the fresh air and actually ended up sneezing. Huh... I guess I had gotten used to the musty cat smell. I hope I'm not allergic to cats.

Edited by Emerath
  • ID#: 33094
  • CD: 7 (Good Item)
  • Obtained 2x Uncommon Vouchers
  • Lost 2 basic items (7 remaining)

With his newly-obtained items for trading, Hans began trading the common potions for vouchers. His first stop proved useful, gaining him two uncommon vouchers. He still grumbled, as he had hoped for better, but continued on to another NPC with another set of common items.

• ID#: 33099
  • CD: 9 (Uncommon Item)
  • Obtained 1x Rare Voucher
  • Lost 2 basic items (5 remaining)

His second stop was more successful, earning him a single rare voucher, which he thought to be more valuable than two uncommon. With a content sigh, he trudged back to his shop after a busy day of trading, looking forward to relaxing and lazing about until tomorrow.

Edited by Hans
  • ID#: 33229
  • CD: 12 (Perfect Item)
  • Obtained 1x VIP Perfect Voucher
  • Lost 2 basic items (3 remaining)

With his first order coming through, Hans took the last of his basic items to trade, hoping to fill the order quickly. On his first stop, the merchant NPCs apparently desperately wanted the items he had brought, quickly handing him a VIP Perfect voucher in exchange. He wasn't sure how to react at first, but considered it a win. Not the exact item he was looking for, but hopefully he could sell it at a nice price later.

• ID: 33230
  • CD: 6 (Good Item)
  • Obtained 2x Uncommon Vouchers
  • Lost 2 basic items (1 remaining)

In the last rounds at the marketplace, Hans' luck turned sour. He grumbled a bit as the last pair of items he had for trade only got him another two Uncommon vouchers. With a sigh, he shrugged and started heading back to his own shop, figuring he could've done much worse today. He'll have to scrounge up some more items for trading tomorrow.

Edited by Hans

The girl arrived at the shop, knowing that she had been searching for a rare voucher for quite some time, but there were not to be found anywhere. Perhaps, he had it in stock, as there were not a lot of merchants anymore. These days the stores were filled with blacksmiths and chemists, all trying to earn and collect col for the new housing expenses. She waited for the shop keeper to respond as she waited by the counter.

Hans turned at the sound of the door swinging open, as he had been preoccupied with rearranging things to his liking. A girl approached and stopped at the counter. Hans lifted his hand up in greeting turning to face her with a grin. "Nya, hey there. Looking for something specific?" Hans got the impression this person wasn't here to just browse.

Opal was shrouded from head to toe, a heavy hood over her figure as she stepped closer towards the store. She inhaled and stepped inside knowing all too well that some merchants just had creepy auras about them. As she went inside, she noticed a man behind the counter and another woman. Casually the female strolled forward and waited next to the other woman to be helped, Opal didn't want to interrupt the interaction between the two and would wait her turn. She moved aside and looked at the display cases as the different unique items that were stored inside. Within her hood she gave a shallow smile and continued to look around.  

As Hans greeted the blonde girl, another woman entered his shop. She approached the counter, and while he waited for the first person to respond, he gave a nod of his head to Opal. His messy blue hair covered his eyes, but his catty grin remained visible as he also greeted this woman. "You too, looking for something special?"

Opal smiled under the massive hood from which she wore and turned to face the man, "Merchants are interesting in the fact that they can create vouchers for players to redistribute stat points or to even change the item all together. If you have one available, I would like to purchase a VIP Perfect Voucher from you. I know those are hard to come by, but I can pay you in whatever you see fit." Opal moved towards closer to the Catty-Male figure, Hans, she'd look him in the eyes but apparently his bangs covered a good portion and Opal would have to tip her head up to see more clearly through the thick fabric over her head, still trying to stay in her disguise ware.