[F6-OP] A plan unfolds in a forest of reflection pt. 1

It is a bit of a walk as the resonating sound of the message broadcast snaps Shiina awake, a loose sheet of paper containing a composed song lays attached via slobber to the side of her face. "What... What is it..." Shiina exclaims ripping the piece of parchment from her cheek, with a squint reading the contents of the sent piece. "K..." Shiina grumbles as she falls out of her bed like a sack of potatoes. Collecting her things from the strewn parts off the floor, no effort taken to place them together in a violent stripping to get to bed. Shiina slinks along being one of the last to enter the hall after the trek, cranky from her disturbed slumber she motions to a chair.

Planting her butt in the seat, Shiina begins to slide down a bit and starts to fall asleep on the table with a pool of liquid forming underneath her head. Her stance as being a morning person becomes painfully apparent as she dozes off.

Collecting his things and reducing the flames from a burner that had just cooked his morning meal, the response from the boy in red having called him to where the others would surely beat him. Gaius operates on his own time, they would have to wait while he finished eating. An add of the platter and utensil to the dishes in his sink, to clean at another time Gaius retracts from his fragrantly scented store with the intentions to head to see what this was all about.

A short time later he enters the redwood building, a stagnant air about it that Gaius cannot help but pick up. Producing a prepared carafe of coffee and a few cups, he pours himself one and slides a poured one in front of Shiina with a chuckle. The others could pour their own, he was no servant while asking the head dude "What's this all about, interrupting my morning for a meeting. I got food to cook."

As all take to the seating provided, Raidou ushers about silently taking to a stand with an adjustment of his glasses on his nose. A small signal of his intention, a small purchase upon when the guildhall was founded he produces a handful of small chess pieces like figures. Walking around the table and setting them one by one in front of those that sat; Gaius: a figurine of crossed fork and knife, Simmone: A small scale; Kasumi: A ring, Shiina: a violin, Griswold: an Anvil, beckoning to Setsuna to a chair: a needle, and to his own now empty chair: a bottle.

"Each of you has a part to play, with the first steps taken you have shown you are capable of working together on both in the field and off. To those who are just joining the fray." Raidou cuts the words to looking to Eruda then a scanning glance to Sam "Would beg your aid the very same as the players you come upon." Picking the weapons and armor around the table up along with the potion Simmone had provided. The axe and potion Raidou drops into Sam's grasp "You have some catching up to do, your Gemini still stands." then moving to Eruda he hands her the sword and shield "You wish to stand with them, I would beckon you to a shield given your weapon choices."

Looking to the others Raidou begins to identify them:

"Griswold: The guilds blacksmith, all of our weapons and some of our gear come from his anvil."

Raising a fist in the air in response, Griswold remarks "Aye"

"Simmone: The guilds merchant, gets rid of what we don't need and turns it back to currency. Augmented by the fact she can procure materials and items to help bolster our strength even further."

Simmone offers a wave, Raidou pauses with a glance to Sam "If you wish to be a merchant, she would be your best bet."

"Setsuna: the guild tailor, need light armor or a mend job on your clothes shes quite the weaver."

As Setsuna reluctantly takes her chair amongst the others.

"Gaius: The guild chef, he's a bit of a pain in the ass from what I understand but he fights furiously and his meals help sustain my own efforts and soon your own."

Gaius chuckles and raises his coffee mug as if toasting to the description.

"Shiina: The guilds performer, I've yet to hear her sing and she's still learning it seems."'

Raidou says with a gesture to the still sleeping Shiina with a cup of coffee inches from her knocking it over. Simmone takes a moment to move the cup away and protect the papers about the table.

"Kasumi: the guild artisan, produces a wide variety of items of all sorts: glasses, rings, hairbands you name it she can probably make it. They tend to augment your stats slightly and give you an edge."

Kasumi perks up a bit as her name was spoken, a bit nervous from the sudden attention.

"And I am the guilds apothecary, the potions I make will further enhance your gears edge to an ever-increasing output to extremes. To most of you this was already apparent but making this clear is important. Each of you has something to offer your peers, both when you are with them and when you are not. The next set of lessons quests will further support this as the pairings will change accordingly to find the slight issues that might arise between us. I included cannot afford to have any difference in motive action or opinion in hostile conditions. These quests should be a cakewalk for you all, especially with the gear you are all equipped with but that is not the point. The true reward from these quests will be the insight into problems that need to be settled before the quests become more lethal."

Raidou remarks taking to his own chair, shuffling about the papers upon its surface and finding the one he was looking for: "Kasumi, Setsuna, Eruda, and... Sam" Raidou reads out loud "Second Lessons for Lyle, party 1." and to the next list on the same page: "Griswold, Gaius, Shiina, Simmone. Party 2. Speak to Eruda before you leave. This is the next task in sequence, prove you can work together well enough that there is no risk of dying."

Eruda stands there in the darkened corner by the entrance watching each person come in one by one. Some she recognized, but some she had not a clue to who they were. Each member that walked through the door didn't seem enthused to be there which was understandable given the fact that it was 7 am in the morning. Eruda's face turns a bit red and her hands begin to shake as more people seemed to enter. Putting her hands behind her back interlocking them together she tries to stop herself from trembling. Eruda sees one of the male figures place some coffee on the table and looking to Sam, as she was grabbing a cup and pouring herself one. Keeping her breath steady for the moment Eruda takes a step from the shadows as Raidou starts to speak.

Raidou walks to Sam and hands her a large ax and a potion. He explains that the Gemini must be no more which Eruda and Sam already knew as she sees Sam place her coffee cup down and accepts these few items from Raidou.

Walking to her handing Eruda a new sword, a shield and notions to the white heavy armor on the table, saying "You wish to stand with them, I would beckon you to a shield given your weapon choices." Eruda simply nods and accepts the new equipment. Eruda was taken back by the stand with them part, a bit confused about what Raidou intended for her to do exactly. Eruda was sure that it would be apparent soon enough but she couldn't help to try figuring it out herself later when not so many people were around. Eruda quickly scans through her menu's to equip the new equipment.

She was mesmerized by how Raidou spoke to everyone and all the introductions he made for the crew that she didn't know. He was very different it seemed from back in the day. He had this voice of confidence that was very apparent to Eruda. Glancing to each guild member as Raidou proceeded to introduce each one and their effect, position in the fray. Griswold, who made her first sword some time ago. Simmone, who she bought a few jewels for which seemed forever ago. Kasumi being the friend that she went to long ago but then abandoned for her own selfish reasons. Eruda frowns a bit at Kasumi knowing that eventually, she would need to chat with her and explain why she left when she did.

Raidou informs and determines each group for the second lesson quest and Eruda's breath became uneasy. Just the thought of two people made Eruda's nervousness break out. She was determined to fix herself though in hopes that one day she would be able to do what she thought Raidou was intending for her to do. It seemed as though he knew more of what she wanted than she did. 

Raidou asked everyone to talk with Eruda before they headed out. Eruda at this point closes her eyes as a knot begins to form in the pit of her stomach, trying to keep her breathing at a simple pace knowing that this was the start of something bigger than she could ever imagine. Getting over her anxiety from being in a larger than 1 party was the first on her to do this. Eruda places her hands behind her, interlocking them again to stop her trembling hoping that no one would notice her mental break down that she was trying to avoid with everyone around. She was also hoping that everyone would accept her as this was her biggest fear. That no one would like her because she was different from the normal human being. Eruda stands there waiting for what was to come.

Eruda Equips:

Spoiler

Name:   Bleeding Edge - Malice
Profession:    Blacksmith
Roll ID:    144116
Roll Result:    12+1
Item Type:    Curved Blade
Tier:    1
Quality:    Perfect
Enhancements:    Bleed 2, Taunt
Post Link:    Here
Description:
A red tinted blade held by a darkened silver hilt. Looking closely at the blade you can find what looks like small a red thick liquid drip from its edge. Some may say it looks like blood but who can really say?

Spoiler

Name:    Stalwart Defender
Roll ID:    144517
Item Type:    Shield
Enhancements:    Thorns 2, Recovery 1
Description:
This shield is large round and white with a golden trim. In the middle of this white there is a small bear outline with the infinite symbol signaling forever. Both combined mean forever protected. Anything that would see you harm will in the end die itself.    

Spoiler

Name:    Resistance Plate - Lily
Roll ID:    144515
Item Type:    Heavy Armor
Enhancements:    Damage Mitigation 3 (+27 Mitigation)
Description:
Smoothed and rounded plates adorn the chest, the hips attached at the waist to cover the heart and offer some protection. Jutting just underneath are quicksilver plates light enough to embellish from the dress they are attached to and still offer increased defense. With a matched pair of greaves and gauntlets, its part way fashion and half way to plate armor.

Sam Receives:

Spoiler

Name:    Grand Cleaver - Stone
Roll ID:    144112
Item Type:    2 Handed Battle Axe
Enhancements:    Damage 3 (3 Base)
Description:
A very large axe with 2 blades of the same head. Deep gold hilt with the length at large. As for the Ax itself, black and glossed. The color signals death for the party that would be so lucky to be on the other side.

Spoiler

Name:    Immolation Potion
Profession:    Merchant
Roll ID:    N/a
Roll Result:    N/a
Item Type:    Consumable - Unique
Quality:    N/a
Enhancements:    Immolation
Description:
When used, successful non-critical attacks against you deal 10 unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy. Effect lasts for one thread.

Edited by Eruda

"Setsuna." the girl barks out almost reticent at the swayed action doing so because the guild master asked her to, nothing more. The girl seemed disturbed by something, Setsuna could not help but notice the fact. This would be troublesome in the coming journey, she knew how annoying the second lesson was prior and would not enjoy if the girl was as hesitant as Kasumi was and silently hoped this wouldn't be a repeat. Although Kasumi was also a part of the quest party, she would not be required to gather tusks again and for that she was thankful. A move to the wall near the doorframe with the short introductions out of the way, she took her place and waited for the inevitable move to Lyle once again on another task. A thought passed in her mind, it seemed as though Raidou had been consistently pairing her and Kasumi together to her dismay.

"We've met before Eruda, and I still have my fingers crossed for you. Glad your one of us now, I believe in you!" Kasumi giggled with a wink, remembering the girl had commissioned the glasses on Raidou's face some time ago now while boosting her stock a bit with some jewels she used to make quite the trinkets. A subtle scoff bled from Setsuna sickened by the bubbly exchange, Kasumi frowns a bit and pays her no mind. She was now tasked with helping Eruda and the girl named Sam with the quest they had just recently completed, but thankfully this time she would not have to participate in the bloodshed. Making her way to Eruda's side with room for the others to pass by and out, away from Setsuna to which she still did not see eye to eye with.

Why does Raidou insist on pairing me with that monster Kasumi thought to herself as she avoided Setsuna, who rubbed her the wrong way with the violence she was capable of.

Approaching as if waiting in line was next up, a towering man of 6 foot 9 looms over the smaller blonde frame of Eruda. A nod and a chuckle "Hope that shield serves you well, they tend to be more useful than an empty arm. Griswold." he spoke with a bellowing voice and a shake of his hand on hers. With introductions complete Griswold looks back and exits the building, to await the others to finish up and get the leg of this second mission underway. It seemed they were running behind and had some catching up to do. The sun was still high and Griswold began to bolt his helmet to his frame and get ready for the combat that was sure to follow.

A ringing notion crept in his mind as the whole event trickled, sinking in Griswold couldn't help but shake the feeling.

That girl is familiar, reminds me of little Elda. No it couldn't be.

A slender sway on her curves as she walks, inactively alluring with the approach. A slight bow down "I know you my dear, and I still expect great things. I wonder how you have faired in all this time. Prove me right Eruda, but I don't intend to lose this little affair. See you at the finish line." Simmone remarks with a soft chuckle before her attentions shift to Sam "Come see me sometime, I'll show you a thing or two. Who knows, you may just be my assistant one day." paying the girl a wink as she exits the building to meet up with Griswold. Intriguing that this new potential addition maybe a merchant, a valuable resource that could be used to be sure. One that she hoped to claim before it flew away, Raidou was right to extend the girl to her care. Checking over her gear with a flash of screens, everything seemed in order for the trip.

Snapping awake as the shuffling movement rustles her up and Raidou pays her the words she missed before she scatters to Eruda almost bouncing into Simmone in the speed. "Hi, I am uh. Shiina! I don't really know what I am supposed to say that book boy didn't. Smartypants is good at this stuff, I'll heal you so you don't dead K?" Shiina spewed out the word as she shook Eruda's hand with both her own on each word. "K Bye!" Shiina shouts and releases before zooming out the doors and you can hear her shouting words that cannot be understood in the distance with a rustling of bushes and the like while she waits for Gaius to do the thing so they could get this show on the road.

A simple girl who was in it for the ride, enjoying the craziness with the people she liked the company. The whole world was an empty canvas to fill in the white.

Collecting the empty cups and carafe up, his next course of actions clear but he was a bit reluctant. A bit nervous as this was out of the ordinary for him and felt forced as premeditation wasn't his strong suit, Gaius puffs his chest and waddles forward being the last. "I am Gaius, the sweeping wind. My blade screams so true I lay all I strike to waste!" Gaius boasts with a raised hand pointing a thumb to his face. "When things get rough, wait for me to latch on and go for broke!" the final words spoken before he retreats out to the others with a leap from the stairs instead of walking down them, drawing his spear and twirling it about in cadence of almost practicing, Simmone starts to trail away and the others follow suit as they start their journey as they were waiting for Gaius to move on.

Eruda face reddens as each member makes there own intro toward her. Trying to half-smile but might have looked a bit weird to them. Setsuna and Kasumi stood on either side of her while the others passed and shook her hand. All but one seemed nice enough. Eruda looks to Setsuna who seemed to be leery about something but she couldn't pinpoint what it was. Eruda thought that she would have to do her best to make a good impression on Setsuna. Looking to Kasumi who seemed a bit uptight herself and Eruda could help but wonder why this was. Eruda closes her eyes and takes a deep slow breath trying to calm her nerves a bit. Hoping that she wouldn't make a fool of herself in this quest that they were about to do. Walking to Sam who was still sitting as she says "Come on Sam, we have work to do" with a low voice. Eruda looks to Raidou with sincere eyes as she clinches her fists. "Thank you, I will do my best" as she acually smiles toward him with a more convincing action this time than before with the meet and greets. Looking to Kasumi and then toward Setsuna with a silent nod. At this point, she walks past both with the intention to grab the quest and start it hoping that everything would go the way she wanted it to and not how it usually ended up.  Sam follows behind Eruda as they head to the first floor.

As the members exit the building empties out, with the tasks set and cogs moving ever forward. Raidou was left alone within, nothing more than the paper on the table to keep him company. Removing a large section of parchment and placing it dead center and using the small figures littered about the table to hold it down, Raidou lays it out flat. Taking out a stack of papers and adding them flat in front of the sheet.

On these sheets of paper reads:

Sam:

~ Battle Axe

~ Light Armor?

~ Gatherer

~ Merchant

Eruda:

~ Curved Sword

~ Defensive: found to gain resolve when injury befalls another

~ Tailor

~ Shield?

~ Heavy Armor?

Gaius:

~ Assault Spear

~ Heavy Armor

~ Aggressive Tendency

~ Violent and Brash

~ Cook

Simmone:

~ Rapier

~ Light Armor

~ Merchant

~ Cunning and motivated by wealth

~ Interested in wellbeing?

Griswold:

~ Warhammer

~ Heavy Armor

~ Shield

~ Hearty and strong-willed

~ Massive

~ Ample to Mining

Kasumi:

~ Mugen Tenshin (Works in Aincrad)

~ Light Armor (Expected)

~ Artisan

~ Quick: keeps pace with Setsuna

~ Too Gentle: needs reform or unfit for combat

Setsuna:

~ Katana

~ Light Armor

~ Tailor

~ Violent

~ Quiet, Stealth?

~ Risky, needs guidance

Shiina:

~ Weapon?

~ Heavy Armor

~ Performer

~ First Aid

~ Support?

Laying the sheets about Raidou begins to cast a pen upon the surface drawing lines and further notes, with his eyes darting between the papers and the larger piece. A cast terms begin to form as each are set to sections and placed where they would belong from here on out.

Vanguard Division:

Raidou

Eruda

Assault Division:

Gaius

Griswold

Operations and Intel Division:

Kasumi

Setsuna

Provisionalist Division:

Simmone

Sam?

Support Division:

Shiina

It becomes readily apparent what all this study was for with fruition of the first step producing a more refined designation that would allow specialization. Parties in a more direct conflict that was life-threatening would be better equipped and routinely broken up for higher odds of success now that the information was readily available. Leaving the sheet where it lay and retrieving more blank sheets Raidou begins another plan with this in mind, a small book taken out of his pocket as he began to build the schematics of the quests he knew and prepared and how best to approach them.

Edited by Raidou

Thread Complete:

Raidou

2*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus)

Eruda

Sam

Kasumi

Setsuna