UR Reward. Yes or No?.

Go to solution Solved by Erroneous,

Should Players receive rewards from UR and which method should we use?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one.

• Yes, Method 1.
    • Yes, Method 2.
    • Yes, though I would like a different Method.
    • No.

This poll is closed to new votes

Okay, as a player on site who shines in Erotic writing I find it extremely unfair to restrict rewards in UR threads if it contains any sexual content. I understand that we can't openly show a 18+ section to the public which is why it's locked with a password and you need to confirm with staff your age. But restricting SP, Col, and even doing quests in the UR because it had some erotic content is honestly...just ridiculous. below I have provided two different, easy and simple systems that would still protect our young ones eyes from wandering a bit too deep. 

-1. Create a Sub-Forum if you will, within the confines of the UR section where players can create logs. this would be where you would link all your Roleplays that is within UR, follow the normal way you would do it in your journal. 

-2. In your actual Journal Type out the title of the UR thread and state the rewards from said thread, DO NOT LINK DIRECTLY FROM THE THREAD ITSELF. pretty simple and straight forward. 

Both ways are easy to follow and still have the safety net which is staff to review as per norm. but if you have any suggestions feel free to offer them :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 100% okay with this and don't have any shame in admitting it.

However, while I will be voting 'yes' the big issue that comes to mind is that not all staff will be willing to make sure our smut follows the rules prior to lockdown. It's inevitable someone is gonna want some coitus after a long quest. If there are staff members willing then all is swell, if not however then we'd need someone who is!

Could just have a sticky in there with names of the willing.

@Ather Yes it is, Extremely so. just because it's in sexual form doesn't mean it's not a story. And half the stuff we roleplay isn't relevant to sword art online, we come here to put our character's in scenarios that would be fun to write. Erotic is an entire Genre of writing, stuff you can find at your library even!. And it's not JUST roleplaying sex, it's character development. Intertwining their feelings together, allowing your OCs to grow together as a couple in a intimate way. I respect your opinion that you don't approve of this, but it's to each their own. You don't have to do UR, just know it would be Unfair to not reward writers who specialize in erotic writing like normal.

not rewarding Player's who do sexual things in UR because it's not 'Quality Content' or 'Relevant Story' is like Refusing material hunting threads because most posts in those are junk posts and not relevant. DO NOT take this as me insulting anyone's posts, I am saying MOST people don't spend that much time and effort on a post for just looking for a mat or attacking a pitiful mob for mats. 

And I personally don't get my... "Rocks Off" when roleplaying erotically. As long as it follows normal thread rules and meets reward requirements the participants should receive the SP, Col, and whatever else they would get. 

@Ather

By the definition of story, yes. And relevant to SAO? Does "glop" mean anything to you? xD

Jokes aside though, I could (and have) roleplay my character fishing and nothing else and I'd get rewarded. It really only starts and stops being fair when the effort brought forth is measured next to the reward. Are they being rewarded for 20 posts, or the contents of the posts? If it's 1SP(you can fill in the acronym joke) and 400 Col then it's the former. If it's 20 materials and 4 SP then a quest or dungeon is likely inside, but they want to curse or bone at some point. It's not like UR rewards are going to tip any scales or cause a huge revolution. For rewards of actual impact it's not going to be just sex.

I am voting no, and I will explain.

It makes logical sense for a player to go out and quest, and kill monsters to get stronger. But not for a player to sleep around, and gain the same power. And this is, as far as I know it, is a PG-13 site, Which is why the UR is allowed, but locked away behind a password.

And because it's hidden behind a password is why we shouldn't allow the UR to give SP, or Col. As some players, cannot access the UR and will demand to see why players who have no IC posting have so much SP and power. And when staff says 'they post in the UR' they'll want to see it, as proof. Which, is something I'm not comfortable enough to do.

I feel that, if you want to have your character get stronger you gotta go to the basement and slay a few giant rats. You can't just hang around in the inn, and gain xp that'away.

in my oponion.

@Lowenthal

That's a fair argument, but not entirely accurate as far as rewards in UR go. They already exist as long as the contents are violent, degrading, or crude. It's only sexual content that's not rewarded, even if it's three tugs after 80 posts of combat if I exaggerate a touch.

Your debate could also be used to suggest social RPs shouldn't be rewarded, as they are getting power for chatting over tea or partying. Boss meetings as well.

This isn't a Sim Date xD
Can't raise my charm by drinking the booze.

There shouldn't be anything violent in SAO. There is no pain, blood, or gore in the world of SAO.

I am completely fine with the second option, that Crimsa has suggested. If we allow players to gain Col and SP for having Tea Parties, tehn we should allow charcater SP and Col for boning eachother like rabbits at an Easter convention.

18 minutes ago, Lowenthal said:

I feel that, if you want to have your character get stronger you gotta go to the basement and slay a few giant rats. You can't just hang around in the inn, and gain xp that'away.

I can kind of agree, but that's exactly what happens right now. Heck, low levels without gear are explicitly warned not to fight mobs and encouraged to do social threads until they have some SP and can hold their own in combat. A lot of threads have no combat whatsoever, and while they do not gain that extra quest SP or bonus rewards, they're still getting something with the 400 col per page and 1 SP per player. They're still getting experience for sitting around in the inn and chatting.

I can also agree that it would be unfair for Player A to be getting rewards from UR threads that Player B can't read or have access to, so I understand why the rules have been the way they are, and could understand if they don't change.

The fact that there are currently rules for linking UR threads to journals (and what those rules are) baffle me. At the moment they basically say "you can get credit for this, but it can't go past kissing." Under those restrictions, there's no reason to go to the UR section in the first place--unless kissing isn't allowed in the main forum section?

Edit: I took too long to write T__T

Edited by Asteria

As it stands, I am completely fine with this:

'A thread in the UR can be linked to your journal under these circumstances.
It meets normal thread requirements for rewards
21 posts for 1 SP(400Col per Page)
It is APPROVED by a PST/GM/Admin and locked
The thread is then noted in the players journal BY a STAFF member'

This way those who UR, can get rewarded the same way players are. And since staff are the ones who have to soft link the UR threads, there would be no chance for the player to be at fault for mis-linking a UR thread.

7 minutes ago, Kalesh said:

@Lowenthal

That's a fair argument, but not entirely accurate as far as rewards in UR go. They already exist as long as the contents are violent, degrading, or crude. It's only sexual content that's not rewarded, even if it's three tugs after 80 posts of combat if I exaggerate a touch.

Your debate could also be used to suggest social RPs shouldn't be rewarded, as they are getting power for chatting over tea or partying. Boss meetings as well.

I agree. Plenty of threads out there where people sit and talk in a cafe (one of mine, actually) all day long. No grinding or anything related to gaining power. If someone wants to post in the UR section because they get intimate, or especially violent, then let them. It's definitely character development in my eyes. If you've read older topics, especially, a lot of them are fairly interesting and/or aftermaths of non-UR threads. @Kalesh makes a great point considering the "after 80 posts of combat". If someone only involved sexual activity during the end of a quest/combative/very well written thread, would they not be allowed to gain rewards?

Speaking of well-written content, members are (usually) pouring their muse into every post, and work very hard to do so, even if the posts are simply for amusement. Every thread, as long as it reaches the requirements, deserves a reward. 

Though @Lowenthal is right about those who can't read the content themselves. Which would most likely be a problem in the future if members of the forum are capable of being suspicious of Staff.

sure whatever ya pervs, in all seriousness I do think its ridiculous how just because its a little dirty doesn't mean we cant claim credit for it, and writing RP's are a pain either way this at least spices things up sort of like really old married couples who start doing weird stuff. I dunno but still it be ok with me and like Zero's level would double if this was put into action and most of that stuff in these sections aren't even that bad. Just a few big boy curse words and other stuff the general public couldn't handle. Usually things are pretty classy because there are rules in the unrestricted section and really good agreeable ones too. So yeah go ahead and let these people claim there SP.

Roleplay is roleplay, and any thread should be eligible for the reward if they meet the requirements(20+ posts). Considering you can grow in level/gain experience by literally doing nothing outside of the UR, it doesn't make any more sense to limit it in that way without limiting it outside of the UR as well.

1 thrust = 1 exp

Edited by Takao