[F2 - PP] <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Spoiler

ID# 74221 results:

Battle: 1

As cracks began to appear here and there from the damage dealt to the stone and the health bar finally dipped below half, a surge of excitement coursed through Shield's body. If he didn't think about it too much, it almost felt like he was just completing another fetch quest without any real care on the world.

As his thoughts wandered, so did his fist, which scraped along the surface of the rock without leaving any damage whatsoever. Shield stumbled, catching his weight just before losing his balance entirely. He held out his hand against his target to steady himself.

I cannot wait for a quest that I will actually be able to contribute more than a few weak hits here and there...

He sighed, taking a moment to dust off the side of his hand that had scraped against the hard stone.

As long as we're still making progress, I suppose...

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the wanderer stood there waiting for the two to take their turn at the rock, his impatience was wearing thin. The fact that the two failed miserably to event dent the rock didn't help with that predicament. Once the two finally finished taking their turn, the wanderer burst into a run. Soon after, as before, he leaped high into the air before clenching his fist and proceeded to pummel the rock. This time, he aimed for where he hit before. From his studies in random stuff in college, he's learned that it's good to focus your attacks at the weak point as it will continuously build up damage. In this case, the impact point he made before was the weakness. As his fist collided, more cracks began to jut out from the point and former crack. He then flips back on the ground and walks back towards the two. "A couple more should do it."

ID# 74235 results: Battle: 9
[Rain] [Level 29] [HP (580/580)] [Energy (57/58)] [DMG 1+3] [ACC 3] [EVA 2] [MIT 18]

» [Punch] DMG 4 + + Crit 1 + Crystal 2] = DMG 7

[Boulder] [HP 16/50] -7 HP

Edited by Rain

ID # 74236 result: 2 = miss

Beat closed his eyes, using his mind to envision the next punch. He imagined it not only hitting its target, but crashing through it and shattering it like a window. He concentrated on this image for what seemed like minutes, when in reality it was only seconds. He visualized the image in his head traveling down his body and into his right arm, which shot out like a rocket. His form was perfect, almost like he had learned an ancient martial art and was now perfecting the ultimate, but simplest technique. A breeze kicked up as his punch reached its destination, striking mid air. He opened his eyes to find himself just out of arms reach. 

"What!? Aww come on!" 

He sank to his knees, the vision still clear in his mind. It was so clear that it was hard to believe that it had not become reality. Beat had definitely found a deep pocket of focus he had never tapped into before and he made note of it for later investigation. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

74237 results:

Battle: 10

1 dmg +2

Boulder 13 HP -3

"Here we go again," Shield growled, crouching low and driving his body forward.

As he swung, everything clicked. The turning of his hips, the transfer of power to his shoulders, even down to the timing of the extension of his arm. Though he knew it was only electrical impulses that his brain was decoding, the resonance of his strike in the boulder was unbelievably satisfying after his last disappointing attempt. A piece of crumbling sediment tumbled off of the back side of the stone as the health gauge dipped lower than it had for any of his previous attacks.

Note to self... never not do it exactly like that!

He drew in another breath, preparing to exhale with his next strike. As he drew his hand back, he kept his eyes forward, focusing his gaze exactly where he had just struck.

"Either my hand is going numb, or this is hurting less as I'm getting better!"

Edited by Shield

Growing more impatient with every minute and second flying by, the wanderer stood there waiting for the two to take their turns at the rock. The first one swung and only grazed it. The second one, however managed to hit the rock with such intensity for his level that he managed to make more cracks at the rock. With a slight grin on his face, the wanderer stepped forward. He can see the light at the end of the tunnel already. Clenching his fist, he began to step forward. Then, eventually breaking into a run. As he got closer he tighten his leg muscles ready to jump. However, at that specific moment, a cramp stuck the wanderer's legs, impairing him and making him fall to the ground. "Ahh F***!" He screamed as the pain became somewhat overwhelming. He felt like he failed to look all badass at his juniors and this was truly embarrassing. Who knew they even implemented cramps in this game.

ID# 74238 results: Battle: 5 (2+3)
[Rain] [Level 29] [HP (580/580)] [Energy (57/58)] [DMG 1+3] [ACC 3] [EVA 2] [MIT 18]
 » Missed

[Boulder] [HP 13/50] 

Edited by Rain
Spoiler

74239 results:

Battle: 9

1 dmg + 1

Boulder HP: 11 -2

Heaving his body forward, Shield let out a heavy and purposeful kiai that echoed through their surroundings. He knew as his hand connected that it was another solid hit. There was an audible crack as more splintering rock fell away.

"You say something, Rain?" he asked, tilting his head to see the new ally splayed out on the ground.

If I know gamers, it would be less damaging to his pride to not ask him if he's alright. There's no way that dealt any damage, at any rate. Unless I misread the manuals.

"Keep it up! I can see fissures starting to make their way deeper into the surface! Not much longer now!"

With the health bar continuing to drop, Shield was not planning on letting it slow down. He pulled back again to unleash another blow.

I've always heard people say you can't get blood out of a stone. That may be true, but we'll get as close as we can!

Edited by Shield

ID # 74240 result: 8 = 1 dmg

Boulder: 10/50 HP

Beat wiped the sweat from his brow, the heat beginning to take its toll. The realism of Sword Art Online was impressive and, unfortunately for him, accurate. Hunger and thirst were beginning to make themselves known, though nothing drastic quite yet. He began to think of his favorite sushi place in the real world and his mouth began to water. There were only a couple of things that could pull Beat back to reality: Food and sleep. His mind drifted off, his eyes glazing over at the rock. He was at a point where he could actually taste his favorite sushi roll and then it occurred to him: if he didn't escape the game, he would never get to actually eat again. He instantly snapped out of his trance and slammed his fist into the boulder.

"I WILL HAVE SUSHI AGAIN!!!!"

To his delight, the hit registered and rewarded his delusional devotion to food, invoking a celebration from the professional gamer. 

Edited by Beat

As he laid there somewhat cradled like a little baby, he watched the two run passed his body taking their attempts at rock. Each successfully hitting the boulder and spreading the cracks the wanderer had started. This that he shouldn't be getting out done by these two, his pride kicked in. He forced himself up on his two feet. He hopped at the rock at the rock as if incapable to even stand, which he kind of could right now. once close enough, he dashed at the rock and threw his fists once more. As it collided with the rock, the crack began to spread even more. Looking over at it's HP it's been brought down considerably already. As he turned around, he looked at the two with a sign of relief on his face and casually walked behind them. "Just a few more should do it." He says as he found a tree to lean against.

ID# 74241 results: Battle: 8 (5+3)
 » [Punch] DMG 4 + Crystal 2] = DMG 6

[Boulder] [HP 4/50] -6 HP

Edited by Rain
Spoiler

74242 results:

Battle: 4

Shield did not flinch often, even in difficult combats in Crossreign, but with that last hit from Rain, Shield found himself wrongfooted, losing his focus as he attempted a third consecutive hit. He failed to make a solid connection. The small knuckle of his hand ricocheted harmlessly off of the boulder, its health gauge not having moved from before his attack. He cursed under his breath and shook off the miss, leaning back on his heels and stepping lightly over to a new spot.

As he watched Rain wander away from the stone, the faintest hint of a smirk played at the corner of his lips as he watched his former rival attempt to best a new immovable object.

Should I? No, I probably shouldn't... Oh, what the hell?

"Hey Beat!" he shouted, taking a moment to dust off his knuckles which would have been bleeding heavily were this his real body. "Race ya!"

Edited by Shield

ID # 74243 result: 9 = 1+1 = 2 Damage

Boulder HP: 2/50

Come on! Gotta get stronger so I can eat!

Beat obsession with sushi was allowing him to ignore the building fatigue of his body. He squared up and prepared to strike once again, hearing the resounding sound of another successful blow from their new friend. He chuckled to himself as he watched Rain take a well deserved respite. 

Geez, he makes it look easy...

As he went to strike, he heard a familiar tone in Shield's voice. He had heard it often on the fields of battle in Crossreign. The way they taunted and egged each other on was almost as famous as their battles. He smiled and looked at his rival and, without looking, struck a solid blow in the stone, deepening the cracks on his side of the boulder. 

"Sure, but you better hurry! I'd hate to make you look bad!"

It was a playful jest rather than anything actually intended to anger his ally. He looked at his new competitor expectantly, proud of the critical blow he had just struck. 

Edited by Beat

As the wanderer sat there under the shade of the tree, his back, against the tree, he watched the make their attempts at the rock. It was down to it's final 2 HP. Being the kind person the wanderer is, he gave the last hit to the two. I mean, it all works out for the best. The wanderer could rest and recover from the sudden - and odd - cramp that came out of nowhere and the two could fight for the last hit on the rock. That's rest and entertainment right there. As he sat there, he flicked his fingers in the air, opening his inventory. Soon after, his gloves disappeared and his spear appeared next to him, with all it's shiny white glory. "I wonder how long those two are gonna to finish that rock finally." The wanderer thought as he swung his hands in the air and resting it behind his head as he fell to the ground. 

Brawler's Bout - Unequipped
Wanderer's Light - Equipped

Edited by Rain
Spoiler

74244 results:

Battle: 4

He felt rather than heard the impact from Beats last strike, and a pulse of the old competitive spirit sprang to life within him. His vigor rekindled by the familiarity of the competition with Beat, Shield launched his fists one at a time at the stone. Nothing connected with any results, but there was almost a child-like joy to flailing away at the stone monolith.

If I end up half as sturdy as this lousy rock, I'll be a force to be reckoned with! Even in its last few rounds of combat, it's still holding on with next to nothing. I half expect it to have some kind of death throe AOE attack waiting for us!

For a moment, Shield almost thought he might be smiling, but smiling wasn't really his style these days, so he wrote it off as imagination as he continued to beat down on the boulder.

Edited by Shield

ID # 74245 Results: 1 = Miss

Beat laughed as Shield failed to damage their worth adversary. 

"Ha! Gotta do better than that!"

Beat's heart was really racing now, invigorated by their approach of the goal and the familiar feeling of competition with Shield. His mind wandered back to some of their memorable fights. A miss, a glancing blow, a solid hit returned in kind by another solid hit. Popping and cycling cooldowns and buffs with perfect timing to milk them for everything they were worth. He stared at his adversary, gasping for breath as hard as his opponent, both not wanting to give any ground. 

"You have to strike like this!"

The slammed his fist into the rock, only to be disappointed by managing to only glance off of the surface of the rock. A tightness formed in his stomach as he hoped to have one more shot to steal victory before his adversary could deal the final blow. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

74246 results:

Battle: 3

"How courteous of you to not make me look bad, old friend!" Shield crowed.

He leaned back onto his center for his next strike, half to refocus after missing, and half because he knew for a fact that he was smiling now.

Can't let him see that he's getting under my armor. I'll never hear the end of it.

Even as he attempted to concentrate his blows, it was very difficult to reign in his amusement and the excitement at seeing the health gauge persist, even with such a thin sliver of health. With a lurch, he flung his fist forward, but not with near the ferocity of his last successful attacks.

Focus, newbie! It's only a matter of time. I can't underestimate the only player to one-hit drop me into the yellow with my optimized build! He may be fresh, but I can't underestimate his ferocity and intensity!

His arms half-dead and his chest beginning to heave, he dropped his center low and prepared for another wind-up.

Edited by Shield

ID # 74247 result: 4 = Miss

I'm in his head! I can win this! Let's end this!

Beat was reliving an old battle with shield as they wailed against the rock, being fortunate that shattering their bones on the rock was not an obstacle they would have to deal with. Craters littered a hillside as two large groups, each from their guilds, gathered behind their leaders respectively. The crowd was cheering as it seemed that Beat had Shield on the defensive and was not letting up anytime soon. Beat knew that Shield was bidding his time for something. A small opening in the timing of his attacks, an errant shot, anything that he could use to turn the tide of battle. Beat's fists and kicks beat against Shield seemingly perfect defense. Finally, Shield moved subtly, causing Beat to miss the movement and over-extend a fierce hook. Beat's eyes opened wide as he knew what was coming. He smiled and closed his eyes as the blow approached.

...good game...

As he relived his vision, he struck at the boulder, over-extending in a similar fashion to his reenactment. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

74248 results:

Battle: 9

1dmg +1

Boulder 0HP -2

There was barely anything left of the boulder, but likewise, there was barely anything left of his arm strength. Sweat was beginning to break out across his face in earnest, trailing down his jaw and across the indented edges of his scar. With each blow that his opponent failed to land, there came a new chance to best him. He could feel the pulse of battle echoing in the memories of their fights, and for a moment, Shield almost felt as if the hits that his rival had not quite managed to land were glancing off of him rather than the rock.

For a brief moment, Shield felt entirely in his element, and he struck.

The great obstacle gave way, and his eyes widened as it split beneath his knuckles. Rock splintered, and the seemingly unbreakable object split down the center, the health bar vanishing. The sweat that had gathered on Shield's brow was flung from his forehead as he had to stop himself, his momentum carrying far beyond the point he had expected it to. His balance regained, he stood in the midst of a cloud of dust that rose slowly around him. He lifted his gaze from the rubble to Beat.

"First quest in the bag!" he roared, opening up his arms and throwing back his shoulders. "I never thought punching a rock could be satisfying before, but there you have it!"

A dialog box sprung to life over the spot, brandishing a single celebratory word.

|Congratulations!!|

With one last heave of fresh air, he took a step into the rubble and closed the distance separating him from Beat, extending him a hand for the second time today.

"You softened it up for me."

Edited by Shield

"Nicely done." The wanderer says as stood up from his resting place and casually walked towards the two. "Now that that's finally taken care of, would you two be interested in taking on a dungeon with me? You'd get more rewards from it than this quest alone. Of course, it would be dangerous, so you guys will have to stay behind me and let me take all the monster aggro." The tilted his head to the side just a little bit as he gestured his hands during his entire little monologue. "Look, you don't really have to go with me to a dungeon, but you know it would mean more SP for you and me. I don't mind giving you guys all the rewards if you want. All we have to do is head to 5th floor where dungeons begin to appear. Of course, it's still hard to find one." As the wanderer talked, he flicked his fingers in the air once more and his clothing changed. So a classy black suit.

Archangel's Regalia X - Unequipped
The Wandering Kingsman v2 - Equipped

Edited by Rain

Beat fell from his over-extension, the shock of the comparison of his vision to how the fight with the boulder had ended stunning him for a moment. He quickly refocused and righted himself, standing back up and smiling as the congratulatory message appeared. He looked to the victor of their race and gave a thumbs up. 

"Well done. I feel like we've been here before at least once. haha!" 

He quickly opened his radial menu and scrolled through his skill list, eyes widening as he saw a new entry. He smacked his forehead as he moaned at how obvious it should have been. 

"Oh my god! I just got the Martial Arts skill! How did I not see that coming?!"

After calming down, Beat turned to Rain, who had halved the time that the quest would have taken at the very least. At his mention of the 5th floor and a dungeon delve Beat calmed down, anticipating a high degree of danger. He and Shield were only level 1, so they would be trusting their new friend with their lives. He saw no reason not to trust Rain, but the decision was a heavy one when he considered the potential risks. He placed his hand on his stomach and closed his eyes for only a moment before smiling and nodded to Rain in affirmation. 

"I'm in! Let's kick some monster butt!" 

Shield nodded, taking it in turn to navigate his own radial menu to regain his own spear. The danger of skipping floors had not escaped him, but after seeing the kind of punishment Rain could dish out with a non-favorable weapon was reassuring.

"We're trusting you here, Rain, but I think we'll be alright. I spent an extensive amount of time researching the Hate mechanic. As long as Rain is hitting the most, the monsters will stay off of us entirely," Shield said aloud, almost as much to comfort himself as he did Beat.

The spear felt light and effortless in his hand now that he had no need to use an empty fist. His mind was still buzzing after the sudden end to the quest. It was almost addicting in a way that Crossreign never was.

It's like it's real. In ways that I'm not used to. That's... a little scary. More than a little, really. But it's too late for regrets.

Shield took a step closer to Rain.

"Lead the way."

Upon the two player's agreement to come with him to a dungeon, the wanderer sent them both a party invite. "Alright, let's go." He says as he began his fairly long walk back to town. After an hour or so, the wanderer took his first steps out of the portal and into the 5th floor. "Welcome to the 5th floor gentlemen."

2nd Floor >>> 5th Floor

He says as he began to flick his fingers in the air once more before proceeding to send 2 Cooldown potions to the two players. "Here, drink this. This place gets pretty hot and will keep you cool. Especially when it gets to midday."

1 Cooldown trade to both Beat and Shield.

As soon as he finished trading the items, he quickly made his way to the gate. "Alright, ready? Follow me. I know where to find one near by." He says as he began to make his way to the location. On his way to the location, the wanderer notices a slight glint in the corner of his eye. "Wait, I think i see something." As the wanderer gets closer, he spots a small metal pole jutting from the sands. "Oh it's just a pole. Nevermind."

ID# 74254 results: Loot: 11( 4+7) No Loot

Edited by Rain