[F2 - PP] <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Not wanting them to get another hit in like the last fight, the wanderer clenched his spear once more till it glowed crimson. "Sweeping Moon." He whispered under his breath before he swings the weapon around him cleaving through all the Lizard Warriors once again. Within seconds, the creature blew up into an array of pixels. It was a scene to behold. Looking all BA as he slowly walked back to his companion, the red pixels flowed into what could be a breeze in this dungeon, before disappearing into the air. "Just a few more mobs we have to fight off, then the boss' room should open." The wanderer says as he plopped on the ground, leaning against the wall once more, as he's done before. As he sat there, the wanderer stared off into space as if in deep thought, it had been ages since he's last stepped foot in a dungeon, he still wasn't entirely sure he could handle it, but lo and behold, he's managed to rip through the dungeon mobs like nothing.

ID# 74302 results: Battle: 6 Loot: 16 (11+5)
[H 1] [Rain] [Level 29] [HP (510/580)] [Energy (23/58)] [DMG 14+2] [ACC 3] [EVA 0] [MIT 54] [LD 2]
 » [Sweeping Moon] (SA 1x9)x(DMG 14 + Crystal 2) = DMG 144
  » -18 Energy; +1 Energy

[Lizard Warrior 1] [HP -7/290] [DMG 50] -153 HP DEAD
[Lizard Warrior 2] [HP -7/290] [DMG 50] -153 HP DEAD
[Lizard Warrior 3] [HP -7/290] [DMG 50] -153 HP DEAD
[Lizard Warrior 4] [HP -7/290] [DMG 50] -153 HP DEAD

8/10

Group Loot
11,600 col
8 Mats

Edited by Rain
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

74306 results:

Loot: 8

Shield kicked at a pile of loose stones, but to no avail. Still no materials in sight, he looked up just in time to see one more fatal blow land on each of the enemies. He crowed out to Rain.

"Excellent work! I feel so useless back here, but as long as we're getting to our goal, I can't complain."

The threat now gone, he stepped forward into the room to admire the aftermath, particles still dwindling around the ragtag party. He gave Rain a solid clap on the shoulder before setting about searching the room.

"I can't image it would be much further. This is a low level dungeon, so we're hardly getting ourselves into a full-on labyrinth."

He turned stones over with his foot until he found the flagstone floor of the dungeon below. Still no luck. Still, he kept up his search. It was a little embarrassing having chosen such an obvious name for himself and yet not even having his namesake to show for himself as a player. Even if he had to go through a pile of materials to produce anything usable, he was going to get a proper shield.

Edited by Shield

ID # 74308: LD-9= no mats

Predicting another rest so they could be ready for the boss, Beat lifted the pack off of his shoulders and threw it down in front of himself, making a loud clank and rustle as the contents of the bag shifted. He sat in front of it and stuck his and arms inside, rummaging through everything in a thrid pocket of the pack. 

"Jeez, how many pockets does this thing have? It really is too bad there isn't a use for packs like this here."

Crossreign's inventory system used bag and packs that players were actually responsible for carrying around. They had no weight and could be safely sat down during combat, but it was always a struggle in the beginning to have enough bag space to hold everything you needed. Bags were a high level crafting recipe and the mats weren't cheap. 

"Hey Shield, can you imagine finding a bag like this at level 1 in Crossreign?"

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

74309 results:

Loot: 9 = No mats

"That would have been a hell of a find. Materials in general were a pain to acquire at low levels, and even with a carry, finding items of any sort was a struggle."

The room refused to yield him any new resources as he continued to rummage through debris.

I guess I got lucky in that first room. I can't seem to find anything in this one to save my life.

At the thought of the words 'save my life,' Shield grimaced a little. That phrase was a little too on the nose given the state of the world now. he straightened up and stretched, pulling his arm across his chest while the corresponding shoulder rolled back to increase the tension on the joint.  He repeated the motions with his other arm before setting himself back to the task of searching.

"You need to acquire perfect items in order to craft, correct?" he called out to his allies.

He seemed to remember reading something about that, how a crafting hammer would be necessary to begin any sort of smithing. He had a feeling Beat was going to want to start crafting himself some items as well, if nothing else, just to satisfy his need to min/max his builds.

Edited by Shield
Forgot to answer Beat's question.

As he sat there, deep in thought, his party seemed to be busy grabbing all the materials which seems to be all over the floor. Watching, the wanderer's felt somewhat happy. He's survived this long, enough to help others boost up levels. Just as how others boosted him up when he first started. He can just remember it now. Takao, was ripping through mobs like butter, and behind him, was the wanderer just gathering materials, trying not to feel useless. This picture looked exactly like that. Twas, kinda of emotional, you could say. "You know, if you need materials, I can always help you guys out. I've got more than enough to spare to get you guys started in crafting.That is, if you want. I've met a lot of people, prideful enough to not accept my help, but I don't think you guys are that kind. We gotta do whatever it takes to survive, right?"

[HP 530/580] [Energy 24/58] (+20 HP;+1 Energy) 1/3

Edited by Rain

ID # 74310: LD-9 = no mats

As beat continued to toss junk through the dungeon, littering the place with nameless items that he was beginning to wonder were even game objects at all. He wondered if maybe Sword Art Online had used a bag style inventory system like Crossreign in it's beta phases and later done away with it. This pack possibly represented an older version of the game they were all now stuck in. Beat's head rose once again from the pack and he beamed at Rain. 

"I don't think pride like that has a place in this game. Not at the level he and I are at. Everyone can use a helping hand to get them started, especially when their lives are on the line. If you're offering to donate some materials, I would graciously accept." 

Beat set the pack aside for the moment to fully pay attention to their conversation. Rain had more than earned his respect and the least he could do is mind his manners while Rain was resting. He gave Rain a gracious bow out of respect for his offer. 

Edited by Beat

The wanderer was taken aback at the player's gesture. "Y-you don't have to bow to me. I'm just another player." The wanderer stared away as if embarrassed. "Besides, I've never liked people who try to put themselves on top of others as if they're the boss of them. Unless, you know, they're you guild leader or something." As the wanderer's voice trails off his minded is reminded of the hulking red giant that was once his vice commander when he was part of one of the largest guilds in the game, Knights of the Blood Oath. It wasn't entirely that he forces people to be under him. It's just his presence when he walks in a room that forces people under him. (literally, he's taaaaaallll) In fact, he wasn't entirely all up and happy with being the vice commander. He took the spot only cause no one else can handle it.

[HP 550/580] [Energy 25/58] (+20 HP;+1 Energy) 2/3

Edited by Rain
Spoiler

74311 results:

Loot: 13

It's definitely the room.

Shield turned over what felt like the hundredth stone in this room, still not managing to find anything useful. To say that he was not too proud to accept help was entirely accurate, but if they were going to take the time to go spelunking in the dark, they might as well add as much to their wealth as possible.

"Generosity is always appreciated," Shield added, answering the question that had been posed while he was too distracted to notice. "We already have a new skill and a handful of money waiting for us thanks to your contributions, so if you don't consider that a debt to you, we'll at least have to pay it forward when we're more experienced.

Shield tossed the stone that he had just overturned, landing it by Beat's foot.

"Isn't that right?" he shouted over to his comrade, holding in a laugh.

Edited by Shield

ID # 74312: LD-17 = 1 T1 Mat found

Beat usually had a hard time keeping his eyes from wandering on occasion, no matter how much attention he was actually giving to the situation. The only time his eyes never wavered was when he was in combat. During down times like these, his attention rested on their carry as his eyes would occasionally scan the debris from his search of the pack, hoping to find something he missed and threw out of accident. His attention was diverted by a rock landing by his foot, directing his attention to a useful looking spool of thread by coincidence. He looked to his comrade and smiled widely. 

"For sure! It seems wrong to just step on everyone to get ahead with no regard for anyone else after we get to the top." 

He picked up to spool of fabric and added to his inventory, causing the counter for materials to now read '2'. He gave Shield a grateful salute before standing up, ready to continue, assuming Rain was.

Edited by Beat

"I'll hold you on that then, although, I don't think there's anything that I'd find interesting other than a demonic egg or those of it's kind. Although those are pretty hard to come by. Hell, I don't even have one." As the wanderer finishes talking, he notices his Energy almost back to full once more. After another quick stretch he jumps up from his resting place. He twists his hips a little bit before turning back to the other two. "My energy's just about full again. You guys ready?" The wanderer spoke as if they had intentions in joining in the fight. Which is pretty unlikely. They're get killed if any of those creatures hit them even once. That in mind, the wanderer's enthusiasm kind of faltered. What was he thinking, that they could even manage mobs at the wanderer's level. As he breaks from his deep thought, he looks down the corridors. As if feeling danger was coming.

[HP 570/580] [Energy 58/58] (+20 HP;Full Energy) 3/3

Edited by Rain
Spoiler

74314 results:

Loot: 13

Shield followed the gaze of their companion, glancing back at him in hopes of an explanation.

"Do you see something?"

As much as it bothered him to continue to have to do so, he took a few steps behind where Rain was standing to avoid being the brunt of any sudden encounters.

We have yet to encounter any wandering monsters. Still, until I'm comfortable with the ebb and flow of this new world, I'll leave the front-lining to those who can handle it.

Safe in the shadow of the more advanced player, Shield kicked about at the rubble on the ground, frowning as his efforts produced as little results as his previous searches in this room.

We definitely need to find a new room... This one almost seems like it's been picked over before. Either that, or the algorithm just screwed us over on the drops this time around. Maybe the next room would produce better results.

Edited by Shield

The wanderer clenched his lance tighter as he waited for a bit. After surviving for so long, you could say players gained some kind of instinct when danger was coming, and the wanderer's radar was going crazy. He wanted to say something or look back, but he didn't want to take his eyes from the corridor. You see up ahead of them was a T cross section so he can't really see ahead which was kind of dangerous, but they managed to last this long without trouble. Hoping the two backed off from him, the wanderer began to step a few feet forward. As he got closer, he began to hear footsteps, and they seemed fairly large, based on the sound. Not wanting to take a chance, the wanderer tightened his grip on his lance. Once he felt they were about to come around the corner, the wanderer began to rush forward.

Coming around the corner were 4 fairly large Lizard Warriors, named Elites. They sported what seems to be a thicker armor, and larges axes. The wanderer quickly ran to the middle of the group. "Sweeping Moon!" He yelled out as he swung his bladed spear around him. Cleaving through all 4 like butter. As they got hit, they got knocked back, but unfortunately, not on their back. Even if the wanderer managed to critically hit them all, they stood there completely unfazed. Instinctively, the creatures followed suite and attacked the wanderer, swing theirs axes at him and destroying the surround walls and flooring in the process. However, the wanderer managed to walk away with only scratches.

ID# 74315 results: Battle: 9
[H 2] [Rain] [Level 29] [HP (568/580)] [Energy (40/58)] [DMG 14+2] [ACC 3] [EVA 0] [MIT 54] [LD 2]
 » [Sweeping Moon] (SA 1x9)x(DMG 14 + Crystal 2 + Charge 1 + Crit 1) = DMG 162
  » -18 Energy; -2 HP

ID# 74315 results: MOB: 6
[Lizard Elites 1] [HP 144/306] [DMG 50] -162 HP
 » DMG 50 - MIT 54 = DMG 1 (Minimum)
ID# 74316 results: MOB: 3
[Lizard Elites 2] [HP 144/306] [DMG 50] -162 HP
ID# 74317 results: MOB: 1
[Lizard Elites 3] [HP 144/306] [DMG 50] -162 HP
ID# 74318 results: MOB: 10
[Lizard Elites 4] [HP 144/306] [DMG 50] -162 HP
 » DMG 50 + Crit 2 - MIT 54 = DMG 1 (Minimum)

Edited by Rain
Spoiler

74321 results:

Battle: 2 = Miss

Shield's eyes narrowed as Rain engaged with the threat. His attack flashed brightly, and even though the enemies were of a higher caliber, their health still dropped dramatically.

Crit!

Shield hesitated for a moment. Rain had accumulated the maximum amount of hate possible from a single attack. No matter what, he would remain the focus. Nothing Shield or Beat could do would draw their aggro. Leaning forward on his right foot, Shield took off, rushing up alongside the more experienced player.

"Can't let you have all of the fun!" he called, swinging with his spear.

His attack collided harmlessly with the powerful creature. The tip rested against his target, not causing it the least bit of worry. Suddenly, he felt like he was facing the boulder again. He pushed off of the creature, leaping back and circling around to the other side of it to look for an opening. The hairs of the back of his neck stood on end being in the midst of such strong enemies, but without any Hate on him, there was no real danger.

Still, he kept his eyes wide open.

Edited by Shield

ID # 74320: LD-11 = no mats

Beat stood back and watched rain's devastating attack hit hom, sending the Lizard Elites reeling and more than halving their HP bars. He made a fist pum as he cheered their guide on. 

"Nice one! They felt that for sure! Now end it once and for all!" 

Beat was a little sad that he couldn't get involved effectively in these combats, but he also understood why and that, eventually, he would be just as strong, if not stronger, than the spear wielding wanderer who had decided to help two lowly level one players that day. 

You know what? Screw it, next round I'm swinging. Need to feel what combat really feels like.

It had been far too long since Beat had been able to swing at something and he figured a lizard Elite was just as good a target as anything else. His hands tightened on the handle of his sword as he readied himself. 

Edited by Beat

Out of nowhere, Shield came rushing past the wanderer attempting to make an attack, but sadly to no avail. Not wanting to give the creatures anymore room to move or attack, especially since Shield joined the fray, the wanderer tighten his grip on his spear. "Duck" He say as he glared down the creatures. Within moments, he whispers "Sweeping Moon," under his breath as the lance began to glow crimson. He then follows it up with a swing of his spear which cleaved through all Elites. The damage itself broke the creatures into pixels which seemed to surround the wanderer and Shield like a tornado before disappearing into the air. "You okay?" he say as he looks back at Shield. He had hoped to not include Shield in the attack and fortunately for the group, he wasn't. That should be the last of them, let's head to the bosses room and camp outside to rest up.

ID# 74322 results: Battle: 7 (4+3) Loot: 7 (2+5) No Loot
[H 0] [Shield] [Level 01] [HP (020/020)] [Energy (00/02)] [DMG 1]    [ACC 0] [EVA 0] [MIT 03]
[H 2] [Rain]   [Level 29] [HP (568/580)] [Energy (23/58)] [DMG 14+2] [ACC 3] [EVA 0] [MIT 54] [LD 2]
 » [Sweeping Moon] (SA 1x9)x(DMG 14 + Crystal 2) = DMG 144
  » -18 Energy; +1 Energy

[Lizard Elites 1] [HP 0/306] [DMG 50] -144 HP DEAD
[Lizard Elites 2] [HP 0/306] [DMG 50] -144 HP DEAD
[Lizard Elites 3] [HP 0/306] [DMG 50] -144 HP DEAD
[Lizard Elites 4] [HP 0/306] [DMG 50] -144 HP DEAD

12/10

Group Loot
11,600 col
12 Mats

Edited by Rain
Spoiler

74323 results:

Loot: 3

Through the haze of battle, Shield heard someone call out to him. Responding to the warning, he ducked and rolled back away from the fray just in time for another powerful AOE to land. Red particles filled the air and the sounds of angry lizards died away. Health bars vanished and only the players remained.

"Yeah. Thanks for the heads up," Shield said, straightening up to his full height. "I figured you had it, but... I kinda had to."

He shrugged and lowered his gaze, shoving aside the little bits of fallen ceiling that cluttered the ground.

Well, this hallways isn't proving much more useful than the last room. Oh well.

He returned his eyes to Rain.

"That was impressive. They were clearly of a higher difficulty class, but you seemed to handle them just about as easily as before. Those were some solid hits you got in. Wish I could say the same."

Edited by Shield

"They weren't really that different from the earlier ones other than a little more HP which is really nothing since I managed to hit them with a crit. Alright, let's find Beat and head to the boss' room, then we can camp out there while waiting. It'll be a lot safer just right outside. I don't wanna be running into more mobs with my energy. It'll be a nuisance." As the wanderer say that he looks around for Beat, who seemed to be nowhere in sight. After a few seconds though, he manages to spot him rummaging through his pack that he found earlier. "Let's get going Beat. We can camp out in from the the boss' door. It'll be safer there." That in mind, the wanderer carefully went down the corridor's twists and turns. Luckily, they didn't run into any mobs and soon found themselves standing in front of the boss' room.

[HP 580/580] [Energy 24/58] (+20 HP;+1 Energy) 1/3

Edited by Rain
Spoiler

74324 results:

Loot: 3

Shield nodded and followed after Rain, keeping his eyes out behind them as Rain led the way.

"Thanks for keeping an eye out, even if I was kinda in the way. I hadn't originally planned on joining in."

That much was the honest truth. It made far more sense to keep looking for materials rather than hopping into a battle he couldn't handle. Still, he knew that he had to act.

It's not that I thought it would help... and it wasn't even just on a whim. Back there... I hesitated. I saw an opening, and instead of just saying yes or just saying no, I thought about it, and then just... froze. I was legitimately afraid, and I let it stall me. I can't let that become a habit. If I'm going to be on the front lines, I have to relearn how to act like a front-liner, even if death is actually on the line now.

As they came to pause outside of the large, ornately carved stone doors, Shield let his back rest against the nearby wall.

"Take your time, Rain. I don't know what boss battles are normally like here, but if they're a bigger deal than what we've seen, there's no shame in letting yourself recover."

Edited by Shield

ID # 74325: LD-4 = no mats

Hearing the end of the battle, Beat gave the pack one last look through, turning it upside down and dumping its contents onto the dungeon floor. Sadly, there was nothing left other than items that didn't even have item tags in the game, as if they didn't even belong there. It was certainly an enigma and something that definitely spoke to the daunting task of project the size of Sword Art Online. Who could blame Kayaba for not cleaning up every last legacy artifact from the beta testing stages? 

I wonder if I could make a living selling beta-artifacts. Sounds boring through. 

He answered Rain call to him and caught up, staring up at the boss door in awe. His heart began to beat faster as he wondered what would need a door that large and heavy to contain it. It certainly set the tone appropriately. 

"Man, they certainly know how to build up tension for a boss fight!"

Edited by Beat

"Yeah... the door's pretty daunting. Even though these dungeon maps changes along with it's mobs, these doors never change." The wanderer says as he glazed his hands over the door's intricate details. He looked up at the symbol plastered on the large door. A symbol of a large head golden head with red eyes. It been awhile since he's last seen that symbol and with it, the wanderer had a vague idea on what the boss could be.

He turned around and walked towards the rest of the group. "Just give me a few minutes. My energy will regen soon." He says as the wanderer finds a wall to sit down and lean against. As the wanderer sat there, his mind wandered if he was ready for this fight. It's been months since the wanderer had delved into a dungeon. And it's been months since the wanderer fought a boss.

[HP 580/580] [Energy 25/58] (+1 Energy) 2/3

Edited by Rain