PP-F6) Goblins Again (Itzal)

Jonathan stood on the sixth floor. It had been a while since he had trained, one on one with Itzal. The gap between their levels seemed to just keep increasing and Jonathan needed to start training hard again, becoming a mere apprentice to himself. He needed to train under multiple people, and he knew that Itzal was one of the best tutors to train under. Jonathan messaged @Itzal asking to help him out on the sixth floor. He figured between the two, they could take on a dungeon and get a good amount of rewards from it. The blond just needed Itzal to deal the damage and find the dungeon so the both of them could become stronger. Stepping forward slowly, Jonathan looked at the few girls in the village. This was an all female floor, and most of them could easily toy with your emotions if you left them. He felt like there should have been dryads on this floor, but he really had yet to see any. 'Alright Itzal, where are ya at man. We really need to get this show on the road. I don't want to wait out on you all day, even if you are already busy. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why.  Why oh why did he have to select this floor?  This was the one floor.  The one floor Itzal didn't want to go to.  It was the one place where his face would turn red.  It was a constant reminder that he still hadn't gotten over his embarrassment issues.  The biggest issue was that the npcs knew him fully now.  He had tried to sneak past but they spotted him swiftly and the same three girls crowed around him.  One pulled his hood down so they could see his face.  When he approached Jonathan it was clear he was doing his very best to keep a straight face while the girls were giggling and talking to him.  "Jonathan...  Why this floor?  Please give me a valid reason as to why this one forsaken floor?"  Itzal looked at his friend with a begging request.  That they get as far away from the town as freaking possible.  He didn't know how much longer he could stand it, not even Velnia could last.  She tried to shoo them all away with her 'wrath' but one of the girls called her cute and cuddled with her.  Soon enough Velnia accepted the attention and cuddling like the spoiled dragon she was.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan watched as Itzal slowly began to approach. He couldn't help but to crack a smile when he seen the tree girls already tailing him. He began t plead answers from him of why he came to this floor. "Well, I thought you needed to catch up with your girlfriends" Jonathan chuckled and then added, "You probably should be thanking them. I have been getting information from them all day, and one of the few elite class of them, the hunters, seen a dwarf. Why he was not traveling underground, we do not know." Jonathan's face became depressed as he said, "This dwarf also happened to be an outcast, and he told her the Dwarves were moving far north of here before they crafted a machine that would get them to a higher floor.  The outcast dwarf is now dead. He was in the hunters hunting territory" Pleased with the information he brought to the table, Jonathan smiled. "Also, I was hoping you could help me get stronger again. I've been wasting my time for far to long" 

A shadow was over Itzal's upper face when Jonathan spoke.  "Not...  Funny."  He talked about how he was able to get information out of the women on the floor.  To be perfectly honest Itzal could collect information without talking to them all.  And seeing as he already had a girlfriend.  "Can we please...  Discuss this outside the town?"  The girls began to whine and asked him to stay and he shook his head, making his way over to the gateway, not even waiting for Jonathan.  After he left the gate and entered the trees, he went far enough till they couldn't see him anymore.  He took a very deep breath, and let it out slowly.  When Jonathan arrived he turned to his friend with a pained expression.  "You do realize that I already have a girlfriend right?  That right there?  That's my version of torture."  He sighed.  "As for this dwarf, I wish we could have seen him.  From the sound of it they keep moving upward.  I wonder why, and where they're heading.  Either way most likely there's a dungeon for us to find right?  Well let's go scout it out then."

@Morgenstern

Jonathan watched as a pained expression passed over Itzal's face as he pleaded for them to get out of town. He nodded and followed the man through the trees until they were far enough out of town. He put his hands up in apology letting the man speak. As they finally got to talking about the dwarves, Jonathan nodded and said, " Yeah, I believe so to. They must have some pretty bad luck, or something is following them. Remember that soul king or whatever we fought with Beat and Zandra in that dungeon. The Boss was upset about something. They failed him, and that was a big problem. They are after something, and what If that has something to do with the dwarves?" Jonathan went silent in thought and nodded at the searching idea. They really needed to investigate further into this. "Something has been wrong with this floor. According to everyone, the Hunters have been working overtime and nobody is allowed to leave the cities. The hunters won't tell me anything but that I needed to stay in town." Jonathan looked around. "They might be a problem if they see us."

Itzal listened to Jonathan's thoughts and pondered for a moment.  "Hmm...  It's possible that the Gobliins fought the Dwarves, who shortly left the floor.  Though from what I know about dwarves they wouldn't give up their land.  They're stubborn and proud.  Perhaps they ran out of things to mine and decided to move, but the goblins blocked their path?  The king seemed pissed because they failed him, but it seemed that he wanted them to conquer the surface world.  As for the lone dwarf I think he might have fallen behind and became trapped on this floor.  So the dwarves are gone and the goblins are fighting for the surface world.  And with their former master dead that will prove much easier I'm guessing.  Perhaps they'll have some answers as to where the Dwarves have all gone.  Oh!  I wanted to show you something."  He opened his inventory and crawled through it until he spotted the materials.  He pulled out one of them and showed Jonathan the Mithril Shard.  He waited a moment to see if his friend recognized it before confirming/answering.  "Mithril.  I figured we could find enough to make armor for the both of us.  I think I have nearly enough to make light armor for me, but we'll need a lot more for you.  If your interested."

@Morgenstern

Their discussion seemed to be rather intriguing. He had not spoken with this man alone in forever, and they still seemed to have that link together that they could tell what the other as thinking. Earlier, you could not get them separate. It wasn't Jonathan or Itzal. Always Jonathan and Itzal. He spoke well and Jonathan definitely seen where he got the ideas. "Yeah, we definitely need to see if the goblins know anything, but something tells me that most of them won't just tell us. Force might be necessary. Also, probably only the scouts or commanders of them would know. As for something else, who might the goblins be working for? I just can't shake the feeling as if we are starting to get into something much bigger than we first expected." Jonathan watched as Itzal brought up a shard. It appeared to be the same shiny metal that he seen being mined in the frost giants cave. There was dwarves there. They seemed crazy, or insane. Perhaps drugged, beaten and enslaved. "Mithril might be good to give to a merchant. See if they can find any unique properties in it." He remembered he was supposed to tell Itzal about the frost giant. If he remembered, he would tell him later. Slowly, the blond began to walk North, toward the direction the hunter told them. 

Itzal listened to his friend's reply and thought about it.  "I doubt the material will be much different, but perhaps they will give the armor and weapons special properties?  Who knows.  Either way, Mithril is the rarest metal anywhere man.  Let's keep our eyes out for them."  When Jonathan began moving Itzal walked along side him.  "If there are dwarves enslaved I don't think there will be any more than a few.  Dwarves are excellent fighters so only those left behind would be captured I'd think.  I could be wrong, I'm just going off of multiple game and book lore.  Other than that we do this like we usually do?  I deal the damage and you tank?  Although if you have more than enough hate I'd love it if you could deal some damage yourself, heh.  You have any potions on you?  We're going into a dungeon so we might as well be prepared."  His thoughts went to Beatbox as he said this, and how the player called his analytical nature during battles, as well as his changing tactics and his wanting to prepare anytime they went to a dungeon stupid and annoying.  He didn't care though, it was his nature.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan listened intensively when it came to their conversation. Itzal was like the rest of everything wasn't. He understood where he was getting all of his dwarf ideas. From books, and thats where every other mob came from so why not? Jonathan heard Itzal's last question and he nodded. "I have two perfect healing crystals, along with a teleport. I think I will be fine." The blond smiled but it quickly faded as he heard footsteps. He just managed to unsheath his sword before a woman in bone armor appeared before them. She seemed a bit crazed and her cursor was red. "Itzal. She is one of the Amazoness hunters. Why is she red?" The woman noticed them and pointed her spear forward. She made a shrieking noise and advanced. Something was definitely wrong. "What do you think is the matter? Well, we really don't have time to find out." The woman seemed confused so Jonathan let out a <<Howl>> and left it there. 

OOC Will add stats before entering dungeon no time now. 

Spoiler

[3] Jonathan 760/760 <76/76>
[0] @Itzal 980/980 <98/98> 

Amazoness Hunter 490/490

OOC-  I think Amazonian Huntress would be a better name XD

Itzal nodded to Jonathan.  "Alright then.  If the dungeon is a beginner we should be good, but if not I have two teleport crystals myself.  Let's go check it ou-"  he heard a sound and snapped his attention, seeing the huntress in the trees.  Before he could say anything his friend spoke and, before Itzal could stop him, used his howl skill.  The huntress took this as a challenge to the death and charged forward.  Itzal sighed.  Why must it always resort to violence?  Itzal drew his sword, his new sword, which had an obsidian hilt and pommel, black handle, and it's blade was blue.  The amazonian huntress slashed at him with two daggers, the two of them locking blades.  She was obviously pissed.  "Honestly, I really don't want to fight.  This was all a big misundersta-"  She punched him in the face, knocking him over before charging Jonathan.  However she couldn't get past his defenses.  While they were busy, Itzal got to his feet, rubbing his forehead and Velnia landed on his shoulder.  "Alright," he groaned to her.  "She doesn't want to talk...  I hate this but we have to stop her."  Velnia nodded and her spikes, teeth and horns sparked electricity.

ID#  75925  BD:  1  CD:  11  MD:  2

[H=0] Itzal:  980/980  <>  98/98  -1 energy miss, +1 energy meditation
[H=3] Jonathan:  760/760  <>  76/76
Amazonian Huntress:  490/490

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

@Itzal If you got the MD Roll then without my armor my MIT is 50 at the moment (I have my Sword, shield and ACC item on. Means if roll of 9-10 she paralyzed)

Jonathan watched as Itzal sighed, probably for him taking his usual approach. Fighting. You could learn a lot about someone or something from it. Itzal pulled out a rather different weapon, this one proving to be made of obsidian, blue bladed, and appeared to be quite heavy from its slower than usual movement through the air. Jonathan smiled as he realized he was up again. Itzal approved him for battle and Jonathan dashed forward. In seconds Jonathan's weapon struck his opponent, leaving a large gash right where her ribs would be. Smiling with satisfaction, the blond raised his shield, ready to take a hit. His armor was not on to take a ton of damage, but instead his accuracy item to help Itzal out with the damage. The blond did not have a ton of damage, but he certainaly could deal a reasonable amount. "You're up Itzal. Try using that hand-switching method that you used in our first few duels" The hunter in front of them seemed to be a bit wild-eyed up close. Strange. 

Spoiler

75933 BD:6+3

[H=0] Itzal:  980/980  <>  98/98  -1 energy miss, +1 energy meditation
[H=3] Jonathan:  760/760  <>  70/76 (-7+1)
Amazonian Huntress:  420/490 -70

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal was confused at first.  Hand switching......  Ooooh he meant Soul Barrage.  Didn't he tell him about Ulises' death and how he perfected the technique and handed it to Itzal?  Either way he was requested to do so, and do so he would.  Itzal charged the Huntress who was able to spot him quickly.  She turned and tried to block Itzal.  However he was ready and he smiled.  "Velnia!  Soul Merge!"  Velnia smiled excitedly and charged with Itzal.  Itzal released Nova Ascension, slashing at the huntress with extreme speed and strength, letting go and swinging again so fast it all seemed like two blades...  Especially with it glowing with lightning.  When Itzal had charged, Velnia hovered over Itzal's blade, and when he started to strike, Velnia did too, acting like a missile, clawing and such.  Every time she hit, was the exact same time Itzal's weapon struck the huntress, and with each strike, both Velnia and the sword forced lightning through the huntress's body.  When he finished the sword art and struck her with the pommel, Velnia backed up and shot a full on lightning bolt at her, dealing his full on damage and stunning her at the same time.

ID#  75940  BD:  10  CD:  4  MD:  5

[H=3] Itzal:  980/980  <>  86/98  -12 energy
[H=3] Jonathan:  760/760  <>  76/76
Amazonian Huntress:  364/490  <12+2x9=126 dmg.  Bleed added.  Stunned.  2/2 Bleed  1/1 Stun/Paralysis>

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Joanthan watched carefully as Itzal made an attack. His attacks were flawless, and they seemed to be one with Velnia as they both hacked away at the hunters data form. He seen a few sparks of lightning, meaning somewhere there was a stun enhancement in his attack. The movement of his weapons was like watching a single blade of a fan going round and round and maximum speed. You could not physically see his blade. As Itzal backed away, Jonathan wasted no time and h dashed forward. Keeping the attack going, Jonathan hacked and hacked again at the woman's form, and upon his last attack he fell back and waited for her to get back up. Something was obviously wrong with this NPC, something that they would find about later. And then end up in another slew of dunegons and tasks. Same old same old. 

Spoiler

75965 BD:10

[H=3] @Itzal:  980/980  <>  86/98  -12 energy
[H=7] Jonathan:  760/760  <>  76/76
Amazonian Huntress:  280/490  < 2/2 Bleed  1/1 Stun/Paralysis> 10+2*7=84

Edited by Morgenstern

When Itzal started using Soul Barrage he never stopped till either he or the target dropped.  Though usually when Itzal dropped it was from physical fatigue.  He had strengthened himself to the point where his very heavy sword was light in his hands, but when he exerted his stamina like this, it drained on him fast.  When Jonathan struck at her, Itzal simply slid to the side and struck the same time Jonathan did.  Part of Soul Barrage was to never cease your strikes.  The Huntress was overwhelmed, frozen from the stun effect she watched with seething rage as Itzal struck at her.  She could see the anger in his eyes, the passion that fueled his strength.  However she saw that rage in a cell, controlled by Itzal, channeled towards the target.  Itzal released Shadow explosion the moment Jonathan backed up again and once more, Velnia swooped in to join the attack.  When she did the sword lit up with lightning.  Velnia was the only reason it became electrified.  It was her lightning that caused it.  Itzal released the sword art and dealt the damage, finishing it four times faster than he normally did, and still he continued to slash at the Huntress.  If Jonathan watched and if he knew Itzal, he'd see that the technique was not controlling him and that he was safe to strike alongside his comrade as he did before.

ID#  75970  BD:  9  CD:  7  MD:  stunned

[H=3] Itzal:  980/980  <>  68/98  -18 energy
[H=7] Jonathan:  760/760  <>  76/76
Amazonian Huntress:  141/490  <12+1x9=117 dmg, +24 bleed.  1/2 bleed.  0/1 stun/paralysis>

@Morgenstern You need to show how much energy you lost during your attack XD

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan smiled as he watched Itzal finish his attack. They were not even letting the hunter have a chance. The blond dashed in forward, watching as Itzal feel back. He started with his weapon low, and then slashed upward. He felt the pendant on his neck burn a little, and he altered the blades course slightly. The blade met its mark, and Jonathan made a series of slashes, he stroke causing dust to fly away from them in each direction. He drew his blade back one more time, and his blade gleamed a brilliant gold. From there he brought it over his head and slammed it into the hunter. Smiling, he leapt back and took a defensive stance and yelled, "All you Itzal! Take her down!" He had brought the Hunter dangerously low on health, and he knew the man could finish it off easily. 

Spoiler

76008 BD:4+3 

[H=3] Itzal:  980/980  <>  68/98  -18 energy
[H=7] Jonathan:  760/760  <>  64/76 -12(This and Last turn)
Amazonian Huntress:  71/490  <10x7= 70dmg,  1/2 bleed.  0/1 stun/paralysis>

Sorry man! XD @Itzal

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal was still on her when Jonathan told him to finish her off.  Before he could comply the woman threw one of her daggers at Jonathan, striking him square in the chest.  Itzal called out to Velnia, "Velnia!  Thunder Break!"  Velnia nodded, shooting lightning onto Itzal's sword and flying off.  Itzal released Nova Ascension on the huntress again, but this time instead of striking her with his pommel, he made a thrust with all his strength, Velnia flying in so that she struck the same time his sword did.  When she did come flying in, she was engulfed in lightning, becoming a literal thunderbolt, and she and the sword pierced the huntress, causing her to shatter into millions of pieces.  With that over with, Itzal stabbed his blade into the ground and rested against it, panting heavily.  Velnia landed on his shoulder as he split the winnings.  "Here...  Just...  Give me...  A minute..."  His energy was still fairly above the red zone, but his stamina was not.  He needed a moment to rest up.

ID#  76017  BD:  9  CD:  11  LD:  17+5=22  MD:  8

[H=3] Itzal:  980/980  <>  56/98  -18 energy
[H=7] Jonathan:  750/760  <>  64/76  <60-50=10 dmg>
Amazonian Huntress:  0/490  <12+1x9=117 dmg>

Each player receives 2,450 col and 1 MAT

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal stepped in. He appeared to be fighting like he had done it all his life and had trained for it daily. He kept synchronization each attack perfect with his familiar Velnia. The blond smiled and sheathed his blade as his opponent shattered.  After his final attack, Itzal slumped to the ground and leaned against his sword. "Are you alright there?" He chuckled and accepted his rewards from the fight. He got a notification that he had leveled up from the fight. He raised one hand up and pumped it in a cheering motion. "Yay, about time I leveled up!" He distributed a few skill points and looked down to Itzal.  He appeared exhausted as his he laid down. "That move really takes it out of ya doesn't it?" Jonathan laughed. He sheathed his blade and sat beside Itzal. "I don't have any signature moves. The only thing I have Grandmastered is Block. Next  up is probably Battle Healing and Heavy Armor. Then I will get some Mods, then going to invest into damage" Jonathan sighed and smiled

+2450 Col, +1 T1 Material

Itzal continued to rest against the sword and smiled when Jonathan said he leveled up.  He'd say congrats but he was still recovering.  When Jonathan spoke again Itzal nodded and waited a moment before he finally had breath.  "It doesn't consume, energy.  Rather, it drains stamina.  Even if I train to hold huge weights with ease, swinging in that manner can tire anyone out.  And you don't need a signature move.  Ulises invented this for strategy purposes.  And don't worry, you'll be the greatest tank Aincrad has ever known."  Itzal was fully recovered stamina wise, though he still needed to recover his energy.  "Alright, so this should be the general area the dungeon should be in right?  Let me take a look."  Itzal made his way into the trees to scan for the dungeon.  However he couldn't spot a dungeon anywhere.  He frowned.  Usually there was something around.  He turned to Jonathan.  "I think the dungeon might be further in."  He waited to see what his friend had to say.

ID#  76101  LD:..........2+13=15 YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING XD

Energy (1/3)

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan smiled as he seen the color returning to Itzal's face. He explained that his technique did not consume so much of his energy, but instead more of his stamina. It tired him out physically instead. "That's Alright man, you did great! You definitely have worked hard from the beginning!" Jonathan laughed. He could barely remember the day he met Itzal. He believed it was all due to the fact he mistaked him for a guy named Emblem. Itzal told him that eventually Jonathan would be the best Tank Aincrad had ever seen. The blond chuckled weakly. "As if! Have you never met Calrex? He is a lot stronger and better than I, but he is not even really a tank build. He is more of a bruiser, or at least he told me so. If I can get strong enough quick, I can be main tank though. It will require about another Fifty SP though. Lot of grinding. Jonathan laughed and followed the man deeper inside the woods. He wondered if they would find more of those hunter ladies here. If so, they would most likely travel in groups. 

Energy 1/3

@Itzal

Itzal listened to Jonathan talk about Calrex and he nodded.  "Yeah I met him.  He's the highest level player in Aincrad at the moment.  Not only that he has a unique skill that helps his tank abilities.  However know this Jonathan:  He's been taking it easy while you've been pushing with all your might.  Not only that, but if he didn't have that unique skill there would be no difference between you and him other than level.  Don't worry too much about it.  Just like how I shouldn't worry about missing out on a scout item.  And don't worry, I'll grind along side you."  He smiled to his friend.  That first encounter of theirs was both one of the best, and worst times of his life here in Aincrad.  He met Jonathan for the first time, and nearly lost him all in the same day.  However it was that event that had lead him on the path to working through his emotions and making himself a better person because of it.  Anyone who would go back in time to keep a bad event from happening was a fool.  Don't worry about the past.  The past makes us strong so we can move forward, not back.  That creates a paradox.

@Morgenstern