PP-F6) Goblins Again (Itzal)

Jonathan listened closely to Itzal as they spoke casually about Calrex. "Hmm... Taking it easy? Really, I have not been pushing that hard, Beatbox has been going wild with grinding, seeming to just grind 24/7 without stopping. I have things to do though, this guild and other things going on has just been leaking some time" Jonathan laughed and turned away from the other player to hide his uneasiness. "Unique skill or not, I will get better than him though. After I find out how to get a unique, I will have it almost instantly. You can too if you are the best or second best tank." The blond laughed and turned back. They still had to head farther in. find the dungeon and complete it. So much work to do. He found more work to do when Itzal was around. The Scout was like the curse of hard work. They would always spend hours exploring, it was like he was a leach for time. 

@Itzal

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itzal nodded slowly when Jonathan talked about how Beatbox had been grinding.  "Yeah.  I'm worried he's training too hard.  He's got to let loose and relax at some point right?  Especially since Hakai dumped him.  He hasn't been himself.  He's always serious, focused on nothing but training, combat or getting the job done, and doesn't want to talk with me.  I miss talking with him.  As for unique skills, unless there's one specifically designed for scouts, I don't think I could care less.  However if there's anything I can do to help you get a unique Jonathan, please let me know."  He smiled to his friend as he said so.  Then he heard something.  He turned to see what the noise was but he heard nothing.  Then he heard another noise, on the opposite side this time.  "Hey Jonathan...  What do you suppose that huntress was, uh, hunting?"  Itzal placed his hand on the handle of his sword, just in case.  He had a suspicion they'd be in another fight.

Energy revived

@Morgenstern

Jonathan smiled as the man offered to help him get a unique skill if he could. "I certainly will tell you, If there is a scout one, then I will certainly help you as well" Jonathan smiled. When he came into this world, he would never have expected that he would make such a friend as Itzal. He truly was an extraordinary friend, and Jonathan would put his life on the line for the man. He smiled and turned away looking through the woods. Then the man said something that caught his attention. His hand moved to his weapon, and he tightened his hand onto the hilt. 'What she was hunting....' He looked around, but saw nothing. His senses were not as good as Itzal's though."I really do not know. Perhaps it was the same thing that has everyone keep people close together in camps. Maybe its the thing that caused that hunter to look crazed, and perhaps red." The possibility was endless. It could just been a standard rabbit. Or perhaps it was a creature that was so deadly, that it plagued the villagers and turned them into horrible monsters. "Can you use reveal and find it?"

Itzal heard Jonathan's suggestion and he nodded.  "Most definitely."  Itzal activated the mod and immediately spotted them.  A goblin warrior and...  A shaman?!  The shaman seemed to be able to tell they had been spotted.  He gave out a cry to the warrior and they broke through the trees.  The warrior didn't have much more than leather armor on with a large one handed ax.  The shaman however, was about five foot ten, taller than Itzal was, and was wearing a rather fancy robe, with a staff in his hand.  The staff itself held a spherical jewel that glowed.  The shaman's hood shadowed his face, concealing it from view.  Itzal switched to Niger Natio again and drew his sword, Velnia appearing beside him, electricity emanating from her again.  "Um...  They've got a shaman...  We might be biting off more than we can chew here man.  I've uh, never fought a shaman in Aincrad as of yet...  Keep your eyes sharp.  I'll let you get the hate first."

Mob info:  Goblin warrior:  510 hp, 60 dmg.  Shaman stats and abilities are a mystery.

@Morgenstern

OOC Since I know nothing About the Shaman, I will roll for the warrior, you roll for the shaman

IC: Jonathan heard a sharp cry and out came barreling a goblin, leather armor and a large one handed axe. It caught Jonathan by surprise a bit. He did not have much time to raise his shield and the blond's shoulder was struck by the axe. He fell back a bit. Some of the damage had been mitigated. The rest had healed by itself. "Alright, you keep the shaman on his toes, I will try to lessen my physical damage from this guy" He blocked a blow with the power of his shield and sword together. This was a rather odd duo to be going out together in the woods. Has the goblins been behind the problems with the sixth floor? If so, then they would have to put a stop to it at once. To gather hate, Joanthan <Howled>> and gatehr both of the mobs attention. Now Itzal could attack freely without worry. 

Spoiler

76630 MD:8

[3] Morgenstern 780/780 <> 78/78 [-(60-50) 10 HP, +66 HP]
[0] @Itzal 980/980 <> 98/98

Goblin Warrior 510/510
Goblin Shaman ?/?

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal watched as Jonathan used Howl, gaining the attention of the warrior.  The goblin roared and rushed at him, lashing his ax at the blonde warrior, hacking at him left and right.  However with Jonathan's superior MIT, the damage was reduced to a measly one point.  The goblin noticed this and his eyes opened in surprise at the lack of damage it had just dealt and leaped back.  It noticed that one of the players was missing and turned to see the player charging the shaman.  The goblin grinned evilly before charging the tank again.  Itzal didn't see it of course.  He was busy focused on the Shaman.  He glanced at Velnia who nodded and electricuted his sword.  Itzal charged and released Nova Ascension........  And his blade went completely through the shaman as if he were a mist.  Itzal's eyes widened with complete shock, almost losing his balance but managing to stabilize himself.  He turned to Jonathan.  "Ignore the Shaman!  We can't touch him!  We need to focus on the warrior!"

ID#  76631  BD:  10  CD:  2  MD:  6

Itzal:  980/980  <>  86/98  <-12 Nova Ascension>
@Morgenstern:  779/780  <>  78/78

Goblin Warrior:  510/510
Shaman:  ?/?

Edited by Itzal

The Goblin leapt back, surprised a bit by his mitigation. He had not even dealt with its entirety. Jonathan smiled and advanced forward at the goblin. Itzal yelled something about leave the shaman alone. He did not hear its entirety. He charged forward, his blade glowing a violent gold. He ducked under a slash to the head and she slashed with and undercut. The goblin made a squealing noise while Jonathan got up and made various spins and slashed, lowering the Goblin's health by a suitable amount. Smiling at his effort, he rolled backward, swinging his sword back to a ready position as he taunted the Goblin forward. He raised his shield to protect himself with, and possibly even paralyze the creature. "Attack the warrior for now then, perhaps they're tied together in some way!" The goblin slowly began to advance on him and Jonathan smiled. 

Spoiler

@Itzal:  980/980  <>  86/98  <-12 Nova Ascension>
Morgenstern: 780/780  <>  72/78 [+30 HP/ -7 EN, +1 EN]

Goblin Warrior:  440/510 -70 HP

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal heard Jonathan's words and glanced at the shaman.  He wasn't even attempting to strike back.  He nodded and turned, charging towards the warrior.  The goblin soldier was struck by Jonathan and tumbled back a little, but then it heard Itzal coming and turned around.  When Itzal struck at him, the goblin swung it's own blade, locking blows with Itzal's.  The two stared at each other before the goblin felt a sudden surge of strength and grinned at the Shaman.  Before Itzal could figure out what was going on, the goblin shoved Itzal back and turned to the other player with a look of confidence.  It charged Jonathan and swung a mighty blow towards him.  However Itzal noticed that Jonathan had dodged/blocked it just in time.  Why did he look so confident?  The shaman was still not moving in any way.  Itzal got to his feet and looked to Jonathan.

ID#  76670  BD:  2+3  CD:  7  LD:  20  MD:  4

Itzal:  980/980  <>  85/98  <-1 miss>
@Morgenstern: 780/780  <>  72/78

Goblin Warrior:  440/510 -70 HP

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan kept fighting and noticed that the goblin he was fighting was not even looking at him. Instead, it was having a silent discussion with the shaman. Taking advantage, Jonathan burst in forward. The warrior just managed to turn around as he ad reached it. He slashed forward, striking in multiple different areas, his final blow knocking it to the ground. "You possibly think the Shaman can buff or heal it? It better not be able to heal it. If so, that is a little unfair. I am cool with taking more damage. I can take damage for days." He chuckled and returned to a ready position. He looked to Itzal and said, "Wait til it turns its back too you. Then it should be the most vulnerable, we need to kill it quick and get to the shaman. What if the shamans are what is making the huntresses are going crazy about" 

76672 BD:10

@Itzal:  980/980  <>  85/98  
Morgenstern: 780/780  <>  66/78 <-7+1>

Goblin Warrior:  356/510 -84 HP

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal heard Jonathan's comment and shook his head.  "Jeez I hope not!  If it does heal I hope it's not by much."  He rushed at the goblin warrior who was about to strike Jonathan again and intercepted the attack, blocking the blow.  The goblin gave an ugly growl before he fell silent.  And why wouldn't he?  Anyone would fall silent after being kneed in the gut.  Itzal pushed him back and released shadow explosion, Velnia striking with him and thus causing electricity to emit from the sword.  The strike ended up being a hyper critical, dealing massive damage, placing bleed, and paralyzing his target.  Once the target was hit the goblin was thrown back, frozen on the ground.  Itzal was about to charge again when a green glow emerged and fell on the goblin....  Thirty points of health was returned to it.  "Oh you've got to be kidding me..."

ID#  76782  BD:  10  CD:  9  MD:  3

Itzal:  980/980  <>  67/98  <-18 shadow explosion>
@Morgenstern: 780/780  <>  66/78

Goblin Warrior:  260/510  <12+2x9=126 dmg.  +30 health.  Bleed and paralysis added:  2/2 bleed.  1/1 Paralysis>

Spoiler

Ability:  Spirit's healing:  30 hp revived to self and others:  CD 8+ activation

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan readied to block an incoming attack when Itzal intercepted the blow for him. From there, the man slashed at him repeatedly, inflicting some status effects, including paralyze. The goblin fell to the ground, obviously not able to get up. A green glow emanated from it like a phantom, and its health rose slightly. The blond looked over to the shaman. It must have dome something. he glared back to the warrior and imbedded his sword in its chest. The goblin made a gurgling noise, obviously a bit angry. He pulled back up his weapon, noticing the creature had lost quite a bit of health. "That is no fair that it can heal! I thought this was going to be an easier fight." He glared at the shaman, a bit angry that it had some healing abilities. He would ensure to enjoy hacking away at it. Well, Hopefully Itzal can kill this guy.

76805 BD:10

@Itzal:  980/980  <>  67/98  
Morgenstern: 780/780  <>  60/78 [-7 EN, +1 EN]

Goblin Warrior:  176/510 [-84]    2/2 bleed.  1/1 Paralysis>

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal himself was frustrated that the shaman was healing the target, but honestly it was so low it would only do so much.  Especially with Bleed about to kick in.  Itzal rushed forward, knowing that he only paralyzed it the previous round due to his sword and not his sword art, he would be able to use Nova Ascension to keep it from striking.  He began to rush at his opponent but the goblin was able to see him coming.  The monster barely, barely mind you, parried Itzal's sword above it's head and pushed passed him, lashing out at Jonathan.  The Shaman did nothing but observe this round.  Was he analyzing them?  Regenerating energy?  For whatever reason, Itzal was growing less and less fond of the shaman.  He turned to Jonathan with an apologetic look on his face.

ID#  76829  BD:  2+3  CD:  4  MD:  7

Itzal:  980/980  <>  55/98  <-12 Nova Ascension>
@Morgenstern: 780/780  <>  60/78 [-7 EN, +1 EN]

Goblin Warrior:  152/510  <-24 bleed.  1/2 bleed.  0/0 Paralysis>

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as the goblin now rised, actually becoming a little bit of a threat. The blond smiled and began to advance. He rose his shield, intercepting an attack. The goblin was taking blows furiously, but it was futile with the Ascendant's Protector in the way. He rolled and dodged its final attack. From the he swung around, using his momentum to slash through its body. The goblin fell back, low enough in health for Itzal to finish off. He stepped back, giving Itzal room. He watched as Velnia flew around his form, seeming to be quite happy with the battle at the moment. He smiled to her and returned his focus to the attack. He looked over to Itzal and said, "Go ahead and finish that sucker!" He laughed and rose his shield, hoping that I would not get him before it died.. If the shaman did not heal, the battle should be in the bag for sure. 'Alright Itzal, Come on'

76768 BD:6

@Itzal:  980/980  <>  55/98  <-12 Nova Ascension>
Morgenstern: 780/780  <>  60/78 [-7 EN, +1 EN]

Goblin Warrior:  82/510 [-70] <1/2 bleed>
Shaman:  ?/?

Itzal watched as Jonathan lashed at the monster a second time, causing it to howl in pain.  The creature was infuriated at this point and charged at Jonathan.  When the goblin struck Jonathan, Itzal noticed his health went down...  A bit farther than it should have been.  He looked at the Shaman who was bringing it's staff back towards itself.  For goodness sakes he thought.  He yelled as he charged the Goblin.  Loot or no he was ending this.  He activated disguise, temporarily transforming into the goblin, causing the warrior to freak out and thus Itzal was able to release Shadow Explosion and finish it off.  After that he transformed back to the black outfit.  He then noticed the loot menu and checked it.  Huh not bad he thought.  He sent two thousand, five hundred and fifty col to Jonathan, as well as a tier one materialHe turned to look at the Shaman, but as he stared longer the shaman just...  Faded.  Itzal sighed.  "I have a bad feeling we'll be seeing him again..."

ID#  76963  BD:  2+3+1  CD:  5  LD:  20+5  MD:  7

2,550 col and 1 t1 mat given to both players.

Itzal:  980/980  <>  37/98  <-18 Shadow Explosion>
@Morgenstern: 730/780  <>  60/78 [-7 EN, +1 EN]

Goblin Warrior:  0/510  12x9=108
Shaman:  ?/?

Spoiler

Abilities:  Spirit's healing:  30 hp revived to self and others:  CD 8+ activation
Spiritual Strength:  Grants 49 damage that can't be mitigated along with the original damage:  10+ LD activation

Edited by Itzal

Itzal stormed forward, striking the goblin and getting quite a bit of loot from it. He smiled and sheathed his blade, returning his gaze to his friend. The shaman pointed its staff at him, and something happened, his health lowering. The effect was completely healed in a few seconds though. Then, it cackled its eyes boring straight into his. Then it literally began to fade from the scene as if it had never existed. Jonathan sighed and spoke after Itzal. "Well, I bet you are right. Something was odd about that one. I have never seen a mob be able to dissapear like that. " The blond shrugged stepping forward. They had to keep moving. "See any of those dungeons around here? I feel as if we have moved far enough in" Jonathan looked around himself, but not to the point of finding anything. That was by far Itzal's job. He had a huge advantage when finding dungeons. Jonathan as completely ready for it, his equipment would depend on the type of dungeon they found. 'I wonder Itzal's motives for being a scout. Alsas, I don't know my true motives for being a tank*

@Itzal

OOC- Using post to switch gear

Itzal listened to his friend comment on the monster and he nodded.  "I haven't seen magic in here before.  The fact that enemies can use it but we can't.  Dang.  It kind of sucks to be honest."  In most other games Itzal was a full on dps, dealing as much damage with extremely high evasion and stealth skills, capable of dealing damage and receiving barely any.  However when there was magic, he'd make good use of it in any way he could.  Then Jonathan asked him if there were any dungeons around.  Itzal opened his menu.  "Let me switch to my searching gear...  Actually let me switch to my loot gear.  That way I won't have to change mid battle.  Unless you think that I should keep my accuracy and just take the time to switch gear."  Itzal knew Beatbox hated it when Itzal switched gear, and he was now aware that others might as well.  He didn't think Jonathan would but it didn't hurt to ask.  He sheathed his sword and selected the equipment, switching to his twilight cloak, but waiting on the ring depending on what Jonathan told him.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan turned as Itzal mentioned mobs having magic. 'That shaman really did seem to be using magic. I wonder if he is the reason for the hunters acting weird' In games, Jonathan would never have been a heavy magic user. He would be more of a physical damage, with a bit of imbued magic. If there could be magic sword arts, this game would be the entire best. He watched as Itzal began to switch his gear. "I would say, for the minions that come before the actual battle, you need to have your Twilight Cloak on, and for the actual boss go with you normal combat gear. We want as much loot as possible, and no one is better at that then you" He turned. The man needed LD, ACC, and DMG right now, but he could keep track of his own build. He wanted to hold off on the mitigation til the boss, and even then he just wanted to have the armor on as he needed it. The blond waited. There had to be something around here. Of course, if there was Itzal was the man to find it. 

Itzal turned to Jonathan when he mentioned that he needed to switch gear and chuckled.  "Man, I'm not that good.  I feel like everyone expects too much from me."  He chuckled a bit before making his way through the forest.  He didn't want everyone's expectations on him to be so high.  He was only human and there was only so much he could do.  Especially with the randomization of the chances of getting anything.  Whether it be a hit, dodge, skill or mod activation, crafting, or spotting something.  Itzal began looking through the trees, quite literally thanks to the reveal mod, and activated detect in hopes that they would spot the dungeon.  As they made their way around, Itzal spotted something odd about the cliffside.  As he checked it, the reveal mod showed that it was in fact a secret door into an underground structure.  The walls inside were crudely cut, not very well done.  As if in a rush.  Itzal turned to Jonathan.  "Here it is.  And I think it's an advanced one so we better be ready."

ID#  77102  LD:  12+13  Advanced dungeon found

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan turned as Itzal spoke. He had found a dungeon in the cliffside. How he found it, it was hard to tell. The man was just a pro at finding things like these. The blond nodded to Itzal, and decided to be the first to plunge inside. "Let's go get us some answers. If the goblins have made camp here, then we will find out where the dwarves are for sure" He plunged through the hidden door and the temperature immediately dropped. He landed onto hard dirt ground and he looked around. It had a cave setting with many indention on the walls. There was a corridor, where he was at, that led to what appeared to be a mess hall or something like that. He spoke up, speaking to Itzal. "Alright, everything is clear, watch your landing!" He waited for the man to and and Jonathan smiled as he did. "See anything useful or of interest down here before we move on?" He knew that would trill the man. He enjoyed the farming point of RPG's. The thrill of searching. 

@Itzal

Itzal nodded to Jonathan as he mentioned how they should get some answers but then he mentioned the part about the dwarves.  "I really don't think we're going to get that information that easily.  Maybe where they went, but no guarantee that they'll be there.  Most likely this will take a while."  He watched Jonathan enter and gave the all clear so Itzal walked in behind him.  He activated reveal and detect, noticing that no goblins were in what appeared to be the mess hall.  From the looks of the table was recently used, animal meat having been the only real dish.  Mutton it looked like.  He then spotted a chest nearby and tapped Jonathan's shoulder, pointing to it.  He then equipped his picking ring and made his way over.  He very much doubted he'd get anything good from it, but it was worth a try he thought.  He pulled out his tools and looked to his friend.  "The percentage of my getting us something actually useful is one out of twenty percent chance.  Meaning most likely it's not going to be very useful.  One thousand col maybe."

ID#  77567  LD:  12+8  Chest found

Switched ring to Thief's eyes +1 rank picking.  Rank 4 picking and dismantle

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal