PP-F6) Goblins Again (Itzal)

Jonathan watched as Itzal entered the battle, starting with Velnia. She seemed to get into it now, headbutting a goblin to knock it off balance for Itzal. Jonathan smiled at the masterful work done by the two and he planned to keep up the move. As Itzal retreated to move behind him, Jonathan charged forward, ready to deal even more damage. They seen him coming, and as he slashed downward, spears blocked him. His blade deflected off with a sound of metal and sparks. "Alright, no fair" He raised his shield and blocked both incoming attacks entirely. These creatures were so predictable and had the same moves everytime. It made it quite easy when trying to defend against them. It was as if they had no proper training at all,. Perhaps when they were fighting the boss they could mention it? 

Spoiler

80530 BD:2+3 MD:3

[4] @Morgenstern  780/780 <> 64/78
[1] @Itzal 980/980 <> 79/98

Goblin Spearman   332/510 (-108)
Goblin Spearman 402/510 (-108)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itzal ran up from behind the two Goblins while Jonathan was complaining about their blocking and leaped into the air, lashing out at the two with Shadow Explosion.  "Nah, it's totally fair.  Though it's always the same with these guys.  Block together pierce together.  Can you guys spin your spears around from time to time?  Even just to show off?"  The goblins roared and spun around, thrusting the blade at Itzal who dodged it easily and walked past the two.  "You see what I mean?  No flare whatsoever."  They tried to kick him but he jumped up, then jumped from their shoulders over them, landing beside Jonathan and pierced his sword in the ground as he did so.  "Now that's how it's done boys!  Now you try."  They gave him looks of hatred and he turned to Jonathan with a shrug.  "Huh.  Tough crowd."

ID#  80600

[1] @Itzal 980/980 <> 61/98

Goblin Spearman   224/510 (-108)
Goblin Spearman 294/510 (-108)

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal became weird for a minute or so, and began to act like he was a star or something, with just the amazing style and flare. He was trying to  give the goblins tips, but they were not pleased with his efforts. He made a joke, and Jonathan chuckled before he continued the assault. He easily blocked the goblins, and moved their pins weapons to the side. From there, he weapon gave a gleam of a bright blue while he slashed across one of the creatures body. From there, the blond went into a frenzy mode, bringing it even in heath to its friend. Jonathan nodded, satisfied with his work. He fell back, readying himself for Itzal to move forward. The man fought like a crazy man, doing a bunch of jumps and tricks. It really must have been a unique style, that very little could do if they learned. The man was just a crazy fighter. 

Spoiler

80628 BD:3+3 MD:1

[1] @Itzal 980/980 <> 61/98

Goblin Spearman   224/510 
Goblin Spearman   224/510 (-70)

Itzal watched as Jonathan had charged forward and landed a strike on one of the monsters, evening both goblin's health out.  Then he gave room for Itzal to strike and thus he charged at the Goblins.  The first one tried to stab him, as usual, and Itzal twisted his body to avoid it without backing up and swung his weapon at the goblin, causing it to retreat back and growl.  As the second one started to thrust Itzal jumped forward, pushed off of the goblin and landed behind them.  He then bent his knees and charged forward, releasing his sword art onto the two goblins and dealing another large chunk of their health.  Afterwards they tried to stab him again but this time he simply spun his weapon to parry the attacks away from him and Jonathan, thrusting his blade at them and cut one of their ears, and one of their shoulders, causing their attacks to cease for a second or two as he regrouped with Jonathan.

ID#  80639  BD:  7

Goblin Spearman   116/510 
Goblin Spearman   116/510 (-70)

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal moved forward once again, striking with a few placed blows to bring down each of their health even more. As he moved to fall back, Jonathan nodded to him and kept the assault running. The goblins were already disarrayed from Itzal's attack, leaving Jonathan a good chance to get things done. He moved into the center of the two and spun quickly, striking the goblins three times each in a whirlwind attack. As he finished, the goblins well back, obviously out of wack form his attack. "Alright Itzal, all you now!" Jonathan backed away from the goblins, giving the man and Velnia as much room as possible. "Just one hit, and we are in that boss room" Jonathan grinned at the idea and waited for the final move to be placed. 

Spoiler

80640 BD:5+3 MD:5

[5] @Morgenstern  780/780 <> 64/78

Goblin Spearman   86/510 (-30)
Goblin Spearman   86/510 (-30)

Jonathan called on Itzal and the scout knew he needed to take these monsters out.  Jonathan made one final comment on the fact that they were one hit away from reaching the boss room.  Itzal wondered what sort of boss it would be.  Another giant Goblin?  The last time they fought a huge Goblin, he turned out to be something other than the Goblin king.  Perhaps this time it would be the king rather than some bodyguard.  Hopefully he didn't have any of those huge bodyguard's in the room with him.  He recalled that the Goblin boss the last time around had a spear that could paralyze it's foes, which really annoyed Itzal.  Hopefully the boss wouldn't have that this time around.  Even if it did though, unless it had some sort of AoE skill it wouldn't be able to touch Itzal.  Itzal dashed forward with Velnia by his side.  The Goblins could tell that they were one hit away from death and did something Itzal hadn't seen coming:  They reached their hands into a secret slot in the wall and pulled out a shield, both of them blocking his incoming attack.  Itzal pushed off and landed by Jonathan.  "Ok, now that's just cheating."

ID#  80642  BD:  1............

5] @Morgenstern  780/780 <> 64/78
[1] @Itzal 980/980 <> 42/98

Goblin Spearman   86/510 (-30)
Goblin Spearman   86/510 (-30)

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal made his final charge forward, before the goblins were dead. He slashed forward, but as he did so, the goblins pulled shields out of nowhere and blocked his attack. "Now what in the?" Itzal fell back, obviously a bit ticked. Jonathan sighed and turned over to the goblins. "Now what in the hell is this? Some kind of magic and you just magically get shields? This gotta be magic or advanced technology!" Jonathan charged forward after the creatures. They stayed in a complete defensive position, and as he lashed forward with his sword, they blocked every single one of his attacks.The blond growled, thrusting one last time before giving back up and moving out of range. "Velnia, swoop down at their heads and try to get them to lift their shields" He had no idea if the dragon familair would listen to him, but it was worth a shot if she could get Itzals sword past the new defenses. 

Spoiler

80643 BD:1 MD:1

5] @Morgenstern  780/780 <> 63/78
[1] @Itzal 980/980 <> 42/98

Goblin Spearman   86/510 
Goblin Spearman   86/510 

Velnia heard the command and thought for a second.  Another player needed her?  To do something?  She didn't mind doing it...  So long as food was involved.  Whether she was successful or not she expected food.  However if she was successful she'd want triple the original amount.  Velnia charged at the monsters and swooped down from underneath.  She was about to shoot lightning at their hands when one of them kicked dirt onto her.  She flew out of the cloud and onto a rock between Itzal and Jonathan, coughing the dirt out, albeit a little comically.  Itzal looked at her than the monsters and charged, trying to break past the shield and failed.  He then tried to run up the walls to jump over them but the goblins pierced their spear where he was heading and he had no choice but to push himself back.  Itzal landed and shook his head.  "I don't know how but they somehow have gained a little more intelligence.  This is really obnoxious."

Spoiler

ID#  80782  BD: 1   We have the worst, luck, of all time..

5] @Morgenstern  780/780 <> 63/78
[1] @Itzal 980/980 <> 41/98

Goblin Spearman   86/510 
Goblin Spearman   86/510 

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as the goblins appeared to know exactly how to defend the oncoming attacks from the players. They kicked dust to keep Velnia away, blocked Itzal as he charged over a direct route, and then used their spears to keep him from going off the walls. Jonathan frowned. Itzal even mentioned they appeared to be more intelligent now. Jonathan nodded, looking around to see what might be happening. Nothing. He shook his head and charged at them, slashing his weapon violently at their shields. At first they appeared to bene going their normal slow pace, but then a faint blue light covered them and they moved faster, stronger, more precise. They blocked each one of his seven blows and Jonathan fell back, blocking with his shield. He was still the better shied user. "Something is going on with them. It is like they are being invigorated with that faint blue light. You notice it too?"

Roll: 80792 BD:3 MD:5

Party

[5] @Morgenstern  780/780 <> 62/78
[1] @Itzal 980/980 <> 41/98

Enemies

Goblin Spearman   86/510 
Goblin Spearman   86/510 

This was getting very frustrating, but somehow he knew it was going to end soon.  Then he had an idea.  "Velnia!  Windmill!"  Velnia perked her ears up, excited to do that one as they had yet to actually preform it in battle.  She flew past the monsters and hovered behind them while Itzal rushed at them from the front.  The goblins stood back to back, each holding their shield carefully.  Velnia started to move towards them at the same speed as Itzal.  It appeared that they were going to hit the shields when suddenly they changed directions:  Velnia swooping under them and Itzal ran up the wall.  As Velnia came up she sent lightning into the shield itself, causing the monster to drop the shield from the pain.  And Itzal stabbed the goblin's hand, causing him to drop his own.  Then Velnia flew upwards while Itzal came from below.  He slid across the ground, kicking their legs while Velnia hit their heads, causing them to spin in mid air.  After that Itzal stopped as well as Velnia, and charged at each other, Itzal using Shadow Explosion while Velnia became a living lightning bolt, both of their attacks finishing off the goblins.  He sighed when he saw the loot menu.  "Just two materials for all of this trouble?  You've got to be freaking kidding me."

ID#  80865  BD:  5+3

Loot ID#  CD:  6  LD:  1+5  x3 col (3,060/2=1,530 each player) 2 mats, one for each.........

[5] @Morgenstern  780/780 <> 62/78
[1] @Itzal 980/980 <> 23/98

Enemies

Goblin Spearman   0/510 
Goblin Spearman   0/510 

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched Itzal and Velnia's brilliant display of fighting, bringing in a new move as if they had been training it for years. Itzal finished the off, and they crumpled to the ground. The blond sheathed his weapon and turned tot he door. It was massive, and now officially unguarded. "Let's get you rested up before the battle again." Jonathan leaned against the wall beside the door watching to see what the darker haired player would do. It was a bit sad Jonathan could not release AoE attacks like that at the moment, but it was nice to see Itzal was no longer having any problem with his own damage. When Itzal was pure scout, his skill was high but his damage was low. Now they were both quite high. They were not Beatbox and Hikoru high, but it was up there. Itzal could keep the damage going a bit. 'Well, I really don't like to just sit here and wait, but it is kind of what I am forced to do' Jonathan sighed and waited to see if Itzal would say anything. 

@Itzal

1/3

Itzal sighed and nodded to his friend, sitting down against the wall in front of the door, holding the key that would unlock it.  Velnia went to go see if there might be any food lying around this place or not.  While she did Itzal watched his energy meter slowly build back up to it's maximum.  Three bonus accuracy, three bonus evasion, and bleed equipment.  Itzal needed to stun the boss so that they didn't get hit so hard.  However before they took on the boss.  All issues needed to be resolved.  Itzal looked at Jonathan for a moment, wondering what on earth could have been the problem.  "Jonathan, before we move on to the boss.  I need to know what made you upset.  I don't want anything to linger.  When it does it usually festers and grows.  Trust me, that happened to me.  If you don't wish to talk about it I won't push."  Itzal hoped he didn't push Jonathan too far again.  Hopefully the player would reason with him.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan watched as the man moved down to sit against the wall, the key in hand that would unlock the entrance way. They sat in silence for a bit before Izal seemed to finally get something of his own off his chest. The sad part about it, that it was about him. Jonathan listened to the question and lingered a bit. Another minute of silence paseed before he sighed, showing that he gave in. "It... Its just that being a tank... Nobody cares about you. When you think of the frontlines, you remember those with the high damage and flashy attacks, you don't remember that guy that took a beating for them." He pushed himself against the wall, facing Itzal. "I..." His voice cracked but he kept going on. "I am just tired of not being important enough to things. I want to be more of a help, so people keep e around for another reason than just to sit around and take the hits. I am just..." He cut out there, finding himself staring at the floor in front of them. 'I am just tired of not being a contributor.... anything important. '

2/3

@Itzal

Itzal listened to his friend and, while he wasn't a tank, knew exactly how he was feeling.  He sighed.  "Yeah I know the feeling Jon.  Nobody bothers to care about scouts to be honest.  They get a bit of hallowed glory after finding a boss room but not only is it meaningless and hallow, but now scouts can't find the boss room.  We need to fight our way through a labyrinth to gather fragments of maps to get to the boss.  You don't need a boss for that.  Not to mention that with this loot system change?  My searching bonus is going to be a lot less important.  At this point my only reason to stay a scout is for finding materials.  So yeah, I know how you feel.  But know this:  You are important.  If you had died, or vanished, or decided to stop being a tank, I promise you that everyone would notice.  I'd say about eighty percent of the players in Aincrad wouldn't be able to handle a boss's damage on their own.  You keep them alive, you save them from risk.  Regardless if they accept it or not.  And even if they don't, I know the truth.  I know that you, Calrex, Shield, all the tanks are the reason we've made it this far without huge casualties.  Now granted, I too want to be of more use.  So I'm working on dps skills next.  However that does not change my thoughts on my scout build.  I love this build more than anything."

@Morgenstern

Jonathan listened to Itzal as he spoke. The man went on about his build was losing importance greatly over time. It started with the boss hunts, but then it started happening with the standard loot table that the game mechanics use. Jonathan sighed. At least he was not the only one that had to deal with this. "I believe my tanking skills are fine enough to survive the 20th floor boss. I think I am going to invest in my sword a bit as well. Get it up to where it needs to be, then refocus on tank and get my Battle-Healing to max. So much SP is needed to do that though!" He sighed and watched as the second portion of his energy bar filled itself. Another few minutes or so, and she would be ready to charge the boss. "Anyway, we got here being a glass cannon so far.... I am pretty sure some players still think we can continue that. Especially with the additions to everything else." He sat there for a moment before asking, "You want to go hunt the 21st floor boss door with me? If we can get our damage high enough, I am sure it will be easy" 

@Itzal

3/3 turns

His reply seemed to have had the reaction he was hoping for.  Jonathan let go of the stress and anger and when he finished his first comment Itzal chuckled.  "Welcome to my world.  I still have yet to max out stealth and I'm putting that on hold so that I can get rank two in martial arts so my damage isn't so sucky.  After that for the dps part, I've got to get ferocity, rank three light armor so I can get the mod, then max it out for the bonus evasion, get and max out charge, and finally I'm going to be getting battle healing.  That's a lot of SP too.  Maybe we could gather it together."  Jonathan asked Itzal if he'd like to go hunt the twenty first floor boss with him and Itzal smiled warmly.  "Yeah, I'd like that.  Although I'd appreciate it if you brought along a damage potion for me.  I'll pick up an LD item from Sey's shop.  That will make it way easier for us."  He watched as his energy hit maximum and Jonathan's was close.  He stood up and held the key.  "Alright, you ready to do this man?  Velnia!"  Velnia flew over and landed on his shoulder.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan listened as Itzal rambled through the skills and mods he needed to achieve. That was another place they could agree with. They both had a lot to invest into. "Charge is useless for me, as the boss comes into range after I howl at it" She sighed. There was so much damage he could not invest into, because it was not in the book for tanks. "Maybe when I am completely finished, I might have enough room for Search and Detect. That would be fun" Jonathan watched as Itzal stood, key in hand. Jonathan nodded to his question and waited for him to open the door. His sword and Shield were at the reay. He would switch to his armor if he really needed too, but he had a feeling this would not be too difficult of a boss. It was an intermediate floor after all. It was not supposed to be too hard was it? He never knew when around Itzal. That man was a trouble magnet, especially when Jon was around him. "How's Kasier been? Have not seen her in a little bit" 

@Itzal

Itzal smiled at the mention of Kasier.  "She's been taking it easy lately, but she mentioned how she wanted to get back up and going soon.  Even if she decided to stay out of combat for the rest of our time in Aincrad I'd be fine with it though."  He inserted the key in the lock and turned it.  The gates slowly opened and they saw a huge difference from the other sections of the dungeon.  This was a throne room.  However the room itself was three times bigger than a castle ballroom, and there were doors along the walls that probably lead to other parts of a castle.  A long red carpet lay in the center of the room and ended at a throne that was elevated with steps.  The throne was large and on the throne was a nine foot goblin wearing armor of gold.  At his side was the shaman they met before.  The shaman appeared to be a little upset.  The Goblin king looked wrathful.  "WHO DARES DEFILE MY LANDS!!!  SHAMAN!  ELIMINATE THESE SCUM AT ONCE!!"  The shaman sighed though it was hard to tell for anyone without detect and seemed to have teleported from the king towards the center of the room, two simple goblin warriors following behind.  The shaman's eyes were visible this time and his eyes seemed to say 'sorry about this'.

Boss details:  Shaman (main boss)  600 health.  90 damage +20 (ability).  3 accuracy.   12 MIT.  Goblin warriors:  300 health.  130 damage +20 (ability).  0 MIT.  2 accuracy.
Abilities: 
<Spiritual Strength:  Goblin warriors inflict 20 unmitigational damage in addition to their original attack>
<Unknown>
<Unknown>
<Unknown>
<Unknown>

[0] Itzal:  980/980 <> 23/98
[0] @Morgenstern780/780 <> 78/78

Shaman:  600/600
Goblin Warrior 1:  300/300
Goblin Warrior 2:  300/300

OOC:You have to do the Mob roll since I don't know abilities. 

Jonathan listened to Itzal as he spoke of Kasier. The woman was taking it more easily lately, which was something he had been noticing. Itzal was fine with her staying that way. Jonathan understood that. Rin, mostly just remained in the walls of her shop on the third floor. Usually, after the day was over, he would stop by just to see her. Itzal unlocked the door and pushed it open. With a creak, the boss battle began. The room was most definitely a throne room, with red carpets. It was large with many other doors on each side. At the end of the room was a Goblin, wearing an armor made of pure gold, and at his side was the shaman from before. The goblin king roared in a wrathful voice, commanding the shaman to stop them. The shaman looked a bit sorry for the players, but prepared to fight. Jonathan charged the shaman dead on, preparing to deal as much damage to it as he possibly could. His blade met with its body, a a flurr of slashes met its body. From there, Jonathan raised his Shield, prepared to take the Shaman's and the others attack. "Itzal, let's focus on the shaman!" 

Spoiler

81250 BD:10 

Boss details:  Shaman (main boss)  600 health.  90 damage +20 (ability).  3 accuracy.   12 MIT.  Goblin warriors:  300 health.  130 damage +20 (ability).  0 MIT.  2 accuracy.
Abilities: 
<Spiritual Strength:  Goblin warriors inflict 20 unmitigational damage in addition to their original attack>
<Unknown>
<Unknown>
<Unknown>
<Unknown>

[0] @Itzal 980/980 <> 98/98
[2] Morgenstern:  780/780 <> 72/78

Shaman:  528/600 (84-12=72 DMG dealt)
Goblin Warrior 1:  300/300
Goblin Warrior 2:  300/300

Itzal nodded to Jonathan who told him to focus on the shaman.  Itzal was about to rush at the three monsters and attempt to land a widerange stun attack.  Before he could though the two goblin warriors struck at Jonathan and...  Broke through his mitigation.  Their first few strikes cut through his armor only a little bit but then both of them stabbed in a weak section of his armor and dealt ten additional raw damage.  After that the Shaman pointed it's rod at Jonathan and the tank could feel a blast of cold wind that took away another ten points of health.  When Jonathan struck at the Shaman the goblin grunted and fell to the ground.  When he did an unearthly screech was heard and a blast of black energy shot out, striking Jonathan and Itzal both.  Itzal was thrown back from the force and slowly got to his feet, groaning from the physical pain.  He saw the monsters about to strike Jonathan again and grabbed his sword, Velnia joining him in his charge.  Oh no you don't.  His sword ignited in lightning and he released Nova Ascension on the Shaman.  Unfortunately, the shaman got to his feet and tapped his staff on the ground, the familiar light emerging and restoring the monster's health a little bit, including his own.  "Oh you've got to be kidding me!"  Itzal and Jonathan after that would feel a strange feeling.  As if something was trying to get inside of them, but the feeling passed just as soon as it came.

Spoiler

ID#  81254  BD:  8
Boss/minions roll:  ID#  81255  BD:  10  CD:  6  LD:  5

Abilities: 
<Spirit's Healing (activated on CD 6-12)  Restores 30 HP to all allies>
<Dark Spirit's Wrath (activated when struck by a critical)  Damages all players with 20 unmitigational damage (50 if hypercritical)>
<Unknown>
<Unknown>

Discovered:  Shaman immune to bleed

[1] Itzal:  960/980 <> 86/98  <-20 Dark Spirit's Wrath>
[2] @Morgenstern 660/780 <> 72/78  <Warrior:  130+2-111=19+10x2=60.  Shaman:  90-111+10+20 (DSW)=50.  120 dmg total>

Shaman:  462/600  <12x9-12=96 dmg.  Spirit's healing activated:  +30 HP>
Goblin Warrior 1:  300/300  <>
Goblin Warrior 2:  300/300  <>

Edited by Itzal