PP-F6) Goblins Again (Itzal)

Jonathan waited around for Itzal. The man was searching for the key, but Jonathan doubted that it would anywhere around them. The key would be far away from the entrance, and far away from the entrance. Probably guarded... He turned and faced the man as he spotted some poorly armed guards. The blond nodded and moved in towards the guards. Here he went again, just gathering the attention and then did nothing afterward. He sighed and trodded forward. "Hey, can you direct us to the bathroom?" The goblins looked at him confused for a second and Jonathan smirked. It was not much of a smile, but it was there. It was hard for the blond to stay mad, but he knew the wound would be reopened soon enough. It took a few times for Jonathan to just explode in anger. He <Howled> to gather the attention of his foes. They turned and began to advance on him, and Jonathan just waited for them. 'Itzal should get them before they get to me, perhaps even paralyze them' 

Spoiler

[3] @Morgenstern  780/780 <> 78/78 
[0] @Itzal 980/980 <> 98/98

Goblin Spearman x4  510/510  

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itzal listened to Jonathan's words and a grin broke through his face and he chuckled at the joke.  He waited until Jonathan used howl then shot out from his hiding spot and ran along the wall.  As he passed the monsters he leaped from the wall and released Shadow Explosion, landing his attack and dealing his one hundred and eight points of damage.  Velnia swooped in after him and struck them as well, ramming into one, clawing at the other two, and smacked the last one with her tail in the face.  After that Itzal rolled and landed behind them, positioned and ready to make a second strike.  Velnia hovered above his right shoulder, electricity coming from her spikes.  "I wonder how you guys do anything around here with brains the size of a pinhead." 

ID#  80168  BD:  5+3  CD:  1

[3] @Morgenstern  780/780 <> 78/78 
[1] @Itzal 980/980 <> 80/98

Goblin Spearman x4  402/510  

Edited by Itzal

(These are the mobs form the new system of loot)

The blond watched as Itzal moved forward, striking the goblins. It was a good attack, and now it was up to Jonathan to follow up. His hand touched his pendant before he charged forward at the nearest one. He slashed forward, his weapon cutting through their armor. They hissed at him and attacked him, dealing quite a bit of damage. He grimaced and fell back. "What happened? Their damage just skyrocketed or something! I might eventually have to switch to my armor! This is crazy!" His battle healing healed him a bit, but  not enough to fix the damage that had been done. These goblins must have a stupid look to them, but they were now getting into the elites or something. He just hoped the boss was not too hard after that. They just needed to get these guys outta the way. 

Spoiler

[3, 4 #1] @Morgenstern  749/780 <> 72/78 | HP: 780- (147-50=97) +66= 749 | EN: 78-6=72
[1] @Itzal 980/980 <> 80/98

Goblin Spearman x1  332/510  
Goblin Spearman x3  402/510  

Itzal heard Jonathan call out something about their being stronger than before and blinked.  Stronger?  He saw something pop up on his menu and took a look.  It was an update.  He looked to Jonathan.  "It's an update!  That's what's happening here Jonathan!  Be careful we don't know what else could have changed!"  He ran up from behind the goblins who heard him coming.  They attempted to block or counter attack him but he was able to roll and strike them from behind again, dealing another one hundred eight damage while Velnia struck as well, shooting lightning at them.  Itzal stood beside his friend.  "Another update while we're in a dungeon.  Who knew?  Either way let's get this done so we can get the reward and read the update in greater detail.  Or read it after a few fights while waiting for the boss."

ID#  80196  BD:  4+3

[3, 4 #1] @Morgenstern  749/780 <> 72/78 | HP: 780- (147-50=97) +66= 749 | EN: 78-6=72
[1] @Itzal 980/980 <> 62/98

Goblin Spearman x1  224/510  
Goblin Spearman x3  294/510  

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan heard Itzal yell something about a update behind him. 'An update? Why do they always decide to pop up at the most inconvenient times? The goblins attacked again, but Jonathan was a bit smarter and faster this time around. He blocked the blows with his shield and slashed through one of the other goblins. The blows cut deep into its rib cage and caused it to fall back. "Alright Itzal, keep it up man, halfway through" The blond shoved another goblin away with his shield. He backed away to give the man and his dragon some space for their next attack. Itzal's expertise was with AoE attacks, so it was best if Jonathan stayed out of range. He did not want to get touched by the man's sword. "This update increased their damage for some reason? I wonder why.. their had to be some valid reason for it" 

80209 BD:8 MD:1

[3, 4 #1] @Morgenstern  779/780 <> 66/78 | HP: 749+30 | EN: 72-6=66
[1] @Itzal 980/980 <> 62/98

Goblin Spearman x2  224/510  
Goblin Spearman x2  294/510  [#2 lost 70 HP (7*10)]

Itzal heard Jonathan send words of encouragement to Itzal and he smiled under his mouthpiece.  That's the Jonathan he knew.  Itzal rushed at the mobs and dodged their blows left and right, deflecting any attack that came his way.  He had entered a virtual dance of blades and he was superior.  He struck without mercy and released Shadow explosion, hitting them all accurately and landing bleed on every one of them.  After landing something like that, the monsters growled and charged.  "Shockwave!"  Itzal called out, and Velnia swooped in and hovered over Itzal who crouched down, releasing an electrical blast that knocked the monsters away from Itzal long enough for him to leap past them and land to safety.  He nodded to Jonathan's words.  "Cardinal is always active.  It never rests.  It always tries to improve.  However this can be just as bad as it is good."

ID#  80211  BD:  8

[3, 4 #1] @Morgenstern  779/780 <> 66/78 | HP: 749+30 | EN: 72-6=66
[1, 1] @Itzal 980/980 <> 62/98

Goblin Spearman x2  116/510  [2/2 bleed
Goblin Spearman x2  186/510  [12x9=108 dmg to all.  Bleed added to all  2/2 bleed]

Edited by Itzal

Itzal moved into the battle again ,ducking and slashing. His swordsmanship was much better than the goblins and he was able to easily slash through them with expertise. The blond smiled. The man was dangerously quick. Jonathan moved in, keeping up the momentum of the attack. Sadly, the goblins were tired of getting thrashed around by them. The attacked, and Jonathan prepared to block. But the, one hit the side of the shield and knocked it out of the way, allowing the other ones to thrash right at his chest. He was slashed instantly, and now they dealt enough damage to cut through his mitigation like a kid would a supply of candy. He fell back and called, "Itzal, KNOCK EM BACK!" He tried to get recoved, but they just kept beating away at him. 'What happened to these guys. A lot more aggressive!' 

Spoiler

80213 BD:1 MD:9

[3, 4 #1] @Morgenstern  765/780 <> 65/78 | HP: 779 - (154-134=20x4=80 DMG +66= 765 | EN: 66-1=65
[1, 1] @Itzal 980/980 <> 62/98

Goblin Spearman x2  116/510  [2/2 bleed
Goblin Spearman x2  186/510   [2/2 bleed]

Itzal watched as the monsters struck harder and harder, viciously striking at his friend mercilessly.  It was the survival instinct all living things had.  Kayaba was a genius and was able to duplicate the effect and insert it into most of the npcs.  Itzal charged towards the four monsters and Velnia helped him out by igniting his sword with lightning.  He shot towards them and lashed out, releasing Shadow explosion upon all four of them, shattering and destroying two of them in the process.  His brutal attack landed as a critical attack and landed paralysis upon the two remaining goblins, freezing their wrathful faces in place as they slammed against the ground.  Itzal slid till he was beside Jonathan, Velnia landing on his shoulder.....  Munching on a loaf of bread.  "...........How did...  I don't...  Never mind.  So anyways, they dropped a rare sword.  Something we have no use fore...  Real surprise there.  They also have a survival setting.  You know, that drive that kicks in when you're about to die.  If they weren't monsters, I'd have said to spare them." 

ID#  80291  BD:  10  CD:  7  LD:  18+5

Loot ID#  80300  CD:  4  LD:  8+5  2 Rare weapons obtained..........  freaking kidding me.  Oh and 3,060 col

[3, 4 #1] @Morgenstern  765/780 <> 65/78 | HP: 779 - (154-134=20x4=80 DMG +66= 765 | EN: 66-1=65
[1, 1, 3] @Itzal 980/980 <> 44/98

Goblin Spearman x2  0/510 
Goblin Spearman x2  36/510   [12+2x9+24=150 dmg 1/2 bleed]

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal kept moving on, pressing forward the attacks. "He does well... his damage has really been improving" Jonathan muttered to himself. 'My turn now isn't it? I guess I will get at least one of them finished off.' He darted forward after the other goblin with his weapon at the ready. Before he slashed though, the goblin moved with increased speed, slashing his rib cage. The blond watched as red pixels were seen leaking from the wound. "Seriously?" The blond thrust his weapon into the goblins body, and there it shattered into millions of pixels. He looked to Itzal and said, "There is the last one. There is a key dangling off of its belt as well" He pointed forward and hoped the man seen it as well. Itzal would be the one finishing it off anyways. 

Spoiler

80298 BD:4+3 MD:6
80299 LD:5 No loot

[3] @Morgenstern  780/780 <> 64/78 | HP: 779 - (154-134=20x2=40 DMG +66= Max | EN: 65-1=64
[1, 1, 3] @Itzal 980/980 <> 44/98

Goblin Spearman x1  36/510   [12+2x9+24=150 dmg 1/2 bleed]

1530 col earned!

OOC- Jonathan, the monsters were stunned XD  They can't do squat

Itzal watched as Jonathan thrust his sword into one of the goblins, finishing it off.  Itzal heard what he said and spotted the key.  During the combat he was too focused to notice it.  He needed to practice some more and fix that.  He nodded and rushed forward, releasing Nova Ascension upon the final goblin and destroyed the last bit of it's health.  After that the loot menu popped up and he saw that he had received five materials and one thousand, five hundred and thirty col.  He closed the menu and looked at his friend.  "You know, I'm not sure I like this new loot table much.  Oh well."  He unhooked the key from the Goblin and turned to Jonathan.  "Give me a moment or two to get my energy back up and then we'll walk in and destroy this boss.  Shouldn't be too hard since it's one target rather than several."

ID#  80316  BD:  5+3

Loot ID#  80317  LD:  15+5  CD:  3  5 MAT

[3] @Morgenstern  780/780 <> 64/78
[1, 1, 3] @Itzal 980/980 <> 26/98

Goblin Spearman x1  0/510

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal moved in and finished the last goblin, receiving col materials and the key. The blond nodded and looked over at the boss room door. The man mentioned the new loot tables being bad from the update and Jonathan shrugged. "It does show we get col every time now, so that is something right?" He closed the message and nodded as Itzal told him to wait a second so he could regain his energy. "Yeah that will be needed at full for the boss" He looked over to the boss room and said, "It appears we are not done with the minions yet. We have two more of them guarding the door, and they appear to know we are here" He pointed over them and the goblins sneered as a response. They had no tendency to move at them, their job was to guard the door, not to attack attackers. 'Until we mess with that door, they should leave us alone, so Itzal can get his energy back' 

1/3

@Itzal

Itzal thought about what Jonathan said about how it did add col every single time and nodded.  "Yeah I noticed that too.  However I also noticed that it's far far lower than what I used to get.  I used to be able to get from twenty to thirty thousand col per four mobs.  In that sense, everything is worse.  Although I admit this makes the game more fair for everyone, it makes a scout even less useful."  He noticed Jonathan pointing at the door and saw three more monsters.  Oh, more company it seemed.  He looked at his energy levels.  He could regenerate a bit more before fighting this next wave.  He sat down and sighed from the happiness of being able to sit down.  He noticed a small rock nearby, picked it up, and flicked it, watching it shoot off and strike one of the goblins on the nose.  Not enough to harm him, just annoy him.  "Hey, you remember that first dungeon we cleared together?  The one with the realm of shadows?"

1/3

@Morgenstern

Jonathan watched as Itzal began to relax to reserve his energy. He pointed out that he was making less col now, and he was getting less col, which made scouts even less useful. "Well, I am pretty sure Akihiko will notice soon enough and raise the importance again." He sounded unsure, but was trying to reassure the man. Scouts were good, but they at the moment, had limited importance. DPS seemed the best route to go when it came to importance. He turned as Itzal spoke again, speaking of a memory Jonathan had forgotten. "OH... that dungeon. We were supposed to go back and look sometime right? I feel that we never got back around to that. That has happened to me a lot lately" He laughed recalling the boss that had appeared. "That final boss thought man... that was a bit hard! What was his name again? I forget" Jonathan looked over expectantly at the man. 

2/3

@Itzal

Itzal shrugged at Jonathan's first comment.  "Eh.  At this point I'm fine.  I love my build despite it's use and importance dropping.  And besides, I'll be working on my dps skills after I've finished my stealth skills so yeah, that works out."  He picked up another stone and threw it at the second goblin's face.  "Actually, while I haven't visited it in a while, I had made frequent trips to the place.  That girl is doing fine by the way.  Turns out she had a family who was able to appear after we freed their land.  As for the boss...  He turned into multiple people didn't he?  I don't know what you saw but for me it was several people from the real world that I know.  It was...  An experience."  Itzal said nothing about the last one though.  Fearx.  That username was the one thing that could possibly anger him as much as pkers.  Not because Fearx was evil, though he would do anything to become the best.  Rather it was his rivalry with that user that fueled his anger.  He hoped that when he returned to the real world, he could possibly undo all that rivalry bit by bit...  Over the years that is.

ID#  80389  LD:  8+5

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan was quite glad to hear that Itzal was still happy with his build, even though it had little importance to the game. Jonathan really did not like his build at the moment, but once he got the DPS part it would be much better would it not? Damage is something he had been wanting for a long while now, and when he got it.... Oh, this world have better watch out. He would be untouchable. Indestructible. As a main tank for floor bosses, he could take damage form most creatures in this game. Itzal was still talking about the dungeon. He must have spaced out or something. At the moment, he was talking about the boss. Jonathan did not remember much from that fight, other than the boss had an annoying paralyzing feature.  "Alright Itzal, In a second, I am going to go start this up. Are you ready?" They would be moving over to take the boss room door in a second, and then quickly go forward and take the boss. This dungeon was almost complete and they would receive a ton of SP

@Itzal
3/3

Itzal heard Jonathan mention how he was going to start the battle in a second or two and asked if he was ready.  Itzal turned to look at the three goblins who were watching.  Jonathan had stopped asking about the boss which, to be honest, he was glad for.  He did not wish to discuss Fearx.  He wanted those memories to be buried in the past.  He turned to look at his friend though the shade of his hood and nodded.  "Keep them on you man.  I'll hit them where they'll never even see me.  I want to try something different this time."  With that he charged into the shadows and vanished as he entered stealth.  Once he was in the shadows it was clear that the goblins couldn't spot him.  Once combat started they'd see him of course, and if he was alone he'd just enter stealth after striking.  However it would take time to do so and he and Jonathan needed to get this dungeon cleared for crying out loud.  And who knows?  Maybe they'd get lucky and spot a chest after fighting the monsters.  While the chances for the prized loot were nearly zero, the more chests they found the more chances they had.

Stealthed  12+ to find  @Morgenstern

Jonathan watched the goblins and heard Itzal tell him to keep the attention of them, while he came from the darkness and struck from there. Jonathan nodded and moved forward on the doors. The goblins were ready for him and moved forward to meet him with their spears. "Alright, bring it on!" He raised his shield just in time to block both attacks. The man smiled and slammed them both back with his shield. Once they were out of range. He <<Howled>> and got their attention. "Hmm, What you got behind this door? Is it the bathrooms?" He wasn't sure if it were possible to confuse these goblins, but he wanted to have them as confused for when Itzal attacked. The two of them would fall quickly. The last ones that were guarding the boss. He wondered what boss was behind the door. 

Spoiler

80450 MD:2

[0] @Itzal 980/980 <> 26/98

Goblin Spearman x2  510/510

Itzal moved with the shadows as Jonathan distracted the monsters.  He snuck past them easily, almost too easily to be honest.  The goblins seemed far stupider than he expected.  Either that or they just weren't cut out for guard duty.  Maybe they should have been cooks.  Itzal saw that Velnia wasn't with him, meaning she was probably looking for more materials and didn't notice his disappearance.  He waited until Jonathan had their attention before preparing to charge forward.  He slowly drew his sword and began to charge.  Unfortunately drawing his sword snagged Velnia's attention like crazy and she dashed towards him.  When she charged at a goblin the creature, while stupid, managed to duck in time to avoid it.  And Velnia accidentally rammed into Itzal's torso mid air and knocked him back.  After the impact he shook his head at Velnia.  "We really need to work on you.  Ok screw stealth Jonathan!  Let's just go all out on these suckers!"

ID#  80459  BD:  1.....

[0] @Itzal 980/980 <> 97/98

Goblin Spearman x2  510/510

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal stumbled into view, obviously failing the stealth and the hitting part, which really sucked. The blond shrugged it off and charged forward with his weapon. He blocked the incoming attacks with his shield, and countered with his sword. His sword slashed through the flesh of the goblin, bringing its health down a good amount for Itzal to work with. He was not the best with the damage, but he was going to help the best he could. “Alright Itzal, it is all you now, you gotta finish this up!” The blond rose his shield to defend off any attacks that might have been  produced by the green vermin. ‘I wonder what the boss is! I hope it i not like the shadowy dungeon’s boss. That was just awful’ Velnia was appearing to be what was keeping Itzal away from the main of the battle with her usual mishcheif as always. She was important though, as when she did what she was supposed to, she was a great help to Itzal's damage. 

Spoiler

80524 BD:3+3 MD:3

[4] @Morgenstern  780/780 <> 64/78
[0] @Itzal 980/980 <> 97/98

Goblin Spearman   440/510 (-70)
Goblin Spearman 510/510

Itzal got to his feet swiftly, causing Velnia to take flight as she was tossed in the air.  She rammed her head into one of the goblin's own, causing a headbutt.  Dragon skull verses Goblin skull.  Dragon skull won.  The goblin staggered back from the impact, while the other came at Itzal.  While Itzal hadn't actually worked on his martial arts skill, he knew a couple of tricks from different games, shows and movies.  He even read about it from time to time.  The goblin swung it's weapon and Itzal caught it's wrist and twisted it.  The goblin didn't drop the sword but it did howl in pain.  Itzal then released Shadow Explosion, dealing high damage to both of the monsters and leaped back, regrouping with Jonathan.  He sighed.  "I'm really not happy that my stealth attack failed.  Though I'm no master like Hikoru.  I guess I just have to practice is all."

ID#  80526  BD:  3+3

[4] @Morgenstern  780/780 <> 64/78
[0] @Itzal 980/980 <> 79/98

Goblin Spearman   332/510 (-108)
Goblin Spearman 402/510 (-108)

Edited by Itzal