(PP-F6) Cupid's Arrow (Sey, Itzal)

Itzal heard Sey call out to them letting them know he was nearly out of energy.  Jonathan repeated the statement and he nodded.  Itzal had to land a hit.  Maybe he should get an accuracy sword as well so that he could reap the benefits as well as hit the monsters.  He rushed at the hellhounds and released Shadow Explosion yet again, cutting their health down even further and leaped back.  If he landed one more hit then this fight would be over.  Itzal looked at his friends.  "I can either take a chance or take a moment to switch to my accuracy ring.  I think I'd like to take the chance but the decision is up to you guys."  The girl on his back of course didn't understand any of this, but that didn't matter.  They just had to get to the dungeon and fix this issue up pronto.

ID#  78096  BD:  6  CD:  8

[6] @Morgenstern 820/820 HP 62/82 EN  [ -6 EN +1 EN , -20, +66] Burn 4/4
[4] Sey 740/740 HP 10/74 EN
[2] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 82/102 EN

Hellhound x4 103/510  <12x9=108>

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I’m not… Done… YET!” The snow-haired player would exclaim as he would look at his energy bar. He was certainly out from being able to use his strong sword arts, but he could at least cause some more damage. To compromise with loot was a bad idea. If he and Jonathan can land the next hits, that would mean that Itzal did not have to worry about changing into something to give him accuracy. “Don’t do that Itzal, I swear I won’t miss THIS!” The adrenaline pumping through his body would make him use instinct rather than intellect as he leaped forward towards the monsters, slashing through them with a wide amount of range in a frequent left right pattern, resulting in them taking some more damage, but upon the fifth attempt of trying to swing, he would end up being unable to move his body, and the energy bar at the top would flash with red as it had but only two pixels left in it.

ID# 78172 results:

Battle: 6
Dmg:: 12 x 4 x 1 = 48 Dmg
SA: Hurricane - 4x1 - AoE - (8 Energy) - Twirls the pole-arm and slices four times across a wide area.

[6] @Morgenstern 820/820 HP 62/82 EN  [ -6 EN +1 EN , -20, +66] Burn 4/4
[5] Sey 740/740 HP 2/74 EN
[2] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 82/102 EN

Hellhound x4 55/510

Edited by Sey

Itzal made another attempt into his attack. His blade struck the hellhounds easily, bringing them down quite far in health. He smiled and turned to him as Itzal asked a question. "Keep with the low accuracy. I believe you can do it, if not you will get another chance." Sey charged forward, expending the rest of his energy. "You are the only one with the strength to even do anything, so it will have to be you!" He nodded to Sey and he charged forward. He brought his blade forward before slashing at the enemy with brute force. His weapon missed by far and he sighed. "Alright Itzal, you are up. Finish it up so we can hopefully find that dungeon. I have a feeling we are getting close." He managed to turn his head to look at the woods, checking for any creatures that might be learning their names. 

Spoiler

78174 BD:2 MD:7

6] Morgenstern 820/820 HP 62/82 EN  [ -2 EN +1 EN , -20, +66] Burn 0/4
[5] Sey 740/740 HP 2/74 EN
[2] @Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 82/102 EN

Hellhound x4 55/510

Itzal listened to his friends give their answer.  It seemed they trusted him enough to have him keep the col multiplier on rather than switch to his accuracy ring.  His friend mentioned he believed they were close to the dungeon so they should wrap this up.  Who knows?  Maybe there was a chest nearby as well.  Itzal nodded and charged the hellhounds yet again.  As he did though they shot off towards the forest, running much faster than he thought possible.  He stopped and activated reveal.  They were attempting to surround the group as silently as possible...  Dang it.  "They're trying to surround us.  Get ready.  And sorry that I missed again."  Then the girl pulled herself up a little so she could whisper into his ear.  "Why are you apologizing?  Its ok if you miss, I'm sure they won't hold it against you."  Itzal thought about this comment.  It sounded like something he'd say to another player who was beating themself up.  He nodded.  "Your right, thank you."

ID#  78201  BD:  4  CD:  10

6] Morgenstern 820/820 HP 62/82 EN  [ -2 EN +1 EN , -20, +66] Burn 0/4
[5] @Sey 740/740 HP 2/74 EN
[2] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 82/102 EN

Hellhound x4 55/510

Edited by Itzal

“I can’t…” Sey would explain, swallowing a bit as he felt the heat from his body swarming through his bloodstream, causing an immense amount of discomfort. Muscles shaky as he did not feel like he could continue, he would rather not try again and end up getting knocked out. At this point, they were so close, it was not in his place to get the final damage in. So he leaned all of his weight against the butt of the spear, trying to keep his balance. “I’m too tired…” His voice would strain the exhaust that he had, so this was what it was like to have all of the energy drained out of him. To think that there was a point in time when he actually thought that it was normal to have this amount of energy. Now it was barely able to keep him standing, he went far, but that was not a good thing in this case.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan smiled as Itzal charged forward. It HAD to be the last attack. Then the man missed. Jonathan sighed and looked pleadingly to Sey. The man looked like he was doing his hardest not to collapse. Jonathan himself was no fighter, he would not be able to get a hit in. He heard a moan from Sey about how he was exhausted. The blond nodded to him. "Sit out from here, you have done all you can, I am pleased with your work" He turned to Itzal, giving him a look of stress. "Its going to have to be all you. You know about my skills in damage." The blond looked over at the hellhounds and decided he might as well at least try to get a hit on them. As soon as he approached, the creatures snarled, baring them perfect white teeth. The charged at once and ripped through hi body, but the damage that had been slowly began to heal again. 

Spoiler

78482 BD:1 MD:9 

6] Morgenstern 820/820 HP 61/82 EN  [ -(70-116)1 HP, +66 HP/ -2 EN +1 EN , -20,] Burn 4/4
[5] Sey 740/740 HP 2/74 EN
[2] @Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 82/102 EN

Hellhound x4 55/510

Valerie squeezed gently and Itzal somehow knew she was smiling.  She was encouraging him.  He nodded to Jonathan and charged forward, his sword glowing as he prepared to release his sword art.  After it charged he released it upon the four hellhounds, finishing them off.  The creatures yelped right before they shattered into thousands of crystals.  Itzal panted for a moment but then smiled as Valarie began to celebrate.  "Yay!  You guys did it!  I knew you could!"  As the girl continued to congratulate and giggle, the loot menu popped up.  Itzal looked at it.  What the?  Twelve thousand, two hundred and forty col...  Along with four rare armors?  Two were light and two were heavy.  One of the light armor had three evasion, and one had one savvy and one light momentum.  One of the heavy armor had three mitigation and the other had two thorns and one mitigation.  Itzal stared at the armors before looking towards his comrades.  "Um.  I think the loot system might have updated...."

ID#  78543  BD:  8  CD:  5  LD:  7+8=15

6] Morgenstern 820/820 HP 61/82 EN  [ -(70-116)1 HP, +66 HP/ -2 EN +1 EN , -20,] Burn 4/4
[5] Sey 740/740 HP 2/74 EN
[2] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 64/102 EN

Hellhound x4 0/510  <12x9=108 dmg>

Loot!  12,240 col, and (armor pending)

@Sey @Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

"Oh? Updated? For the better? Or worse?" Four questions, each other them with only a spoonful of words, how lovely. He was still tited though, so speaking in complete sentences served to be a difficult task regardless. his body felt extremely drained of all the energy, like he ran a marathon. It was a difficult feeling to swallow down as well, since he never felt like this often in the real world, since he usually never had to run for so long to the point in which he was out of energy. "How many... More..." The snow-haired player would ask, leaning his weight onto the spear as he would try to get some rest, looking up to his energy bar as he saw it slowly recovering, a smile appearing on his lips now before then looking back down to the other two that had been apart of it. They don't seem as tired as he was, which was comforting and discouraging to him at the same time.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan watched as Itzal finally got the last hit on the creature. The blond smiled and sheathed his sword. He patted Sey on the back before walking over to Itzal. "Nice job guys, now lets see if we might be able to spot the dungeon. I am tired of being tested with disposable minions." The blond siged and looked forward. As he got to the edge of the clearing he turned to Sey and told him "You really should get some rest before we start out again" He looked over to Itzal. "This time, ensure you have your accuracy items before we move on" The blond moved forward into the woods, leaving the other two players alone. 'Where are you' He seen no dungeon around that would remain in sight, so he moved back into the clearing. The blond looked over to Itzal. The man was probably going to take some time before looking for that dungeon. It would b best to just give Sey time to rest before they began to dwelve into things. The Sentinel was quite an important figure in this quest. 

Itzal chuckled at Jonathan's comment on the monsters.  "Technically they're all disposable.  No matter what they'll just respawn somewhere."  Valarie giggled, adjusting now to their strange way of talking.  However she liked Itzal even more when he talked funny.  She hugged him as she did but Itzal didn't pay much attention to it.  He simply adjusted her again, which drew more giggles, and listened as Jonathan told Itzal to equip his accuracy ring.  He shook his head with a faint smile.  "You know, you could have asked nicely."  He swapped Skyreach for Beauty incarnated and looked to Sey.  "Rest up buddy.  You did great."  Itzal looked as far back as he could in order to see Valarie.  "You ok too?"  Valarie nodded happily and began to laugh as Velnia flew onto the girl's shoulder and nuzzled against her cheek.  Itzal shook his head and looked around.  "I suppose I should look for the dungeon now huh?  Alright let me get to a vantage point.  That hill could work since I can't climb a tree right now." 

The most that he could do was nod when he was told that he did well, trying to conserve as much of his energy as he could as it was slowly growing back up, it was going to take a long while before it would be filled up. His mouth felt dry, so he would open up his shop menu before pulling out a little water bottle from the selection o the vanity things that he had on him. With that done, he would then place the water in his mouth swiftly, chugging it down with a mighty amount of force as the water was so cold and refreshing. "Phew! That feels REAL good." The Sentinel wold declare as he would then twist the cap back on the bottle, a smile appearing on his face as he was already beginning to feel better. At the very least, his body was not in a burning state anymore, which to him was most certainly crucial right now.

The blond moved to a spot and leaned against the tree. He looked over to Sey who seemed to still be recovering.  'Perhaps If I could actually help by dealing some damage, he would not be in this state.' Jonathan coldly looked away, still rather bitter about the fact he did not deal any damage. As Itzal walked by he heard a ton of giggling, so Valerie must be having fun. She was still unharmed, but they had yet to enter the dungeon and fought the boss. That was the main concern or problem with her. If the boss potentially had AOE attacks, then Valerie might get hit as well. She came with them, so the risk for her was on herself, not on the players. They would do their best, but if something were to happen.... He shook the thought out of his head and listened to Itzal mention he could get a better search if he was at a high vantage point. The Paladin nodded and turned waiting for something to happen next. 

@Itzal

Itzal was about to rush to the nearest tree to scale it when he remembered Valarie on his back.  He turned his head to look at her.  "Um.  Maybe you should get off while I scale the tree."  She looked a bit sad but she nodded as it made sense.
     "Ok Itzal.  I'll be here when you're done."  With that she slid off his back and landed on the ground.  Without the need to worry about her, Itzal rushed to the tree and scaled it, climbing swiftly towards the top.  When he reached it he activated his reveal and his detect mods while looking around.  While he did Valarie walked over to the other two while waiting, happily humming a tune to herself as she waited patiently.  Itzal soon spotted a structure that he was certain would be it.  "Hey guys.  I think I found it."  He climbed down and when he reached the group he pointed to the general direction of the temple.  "It's over there."  He saw valarie walked up to him and when she jumped up to hop on his back he caught her to avoid both his and her injury.

ID#  75159  LD:  18+8=26  Advanced dungeon found

@Sey @Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

"If that's the case, let's go!" his energy was just about restored, nearly, but enough for him to go through another wave of monsters in his opinion. Naturally, he was not quite the best at determining whether or not it was a good idea. Itzal was the one who found the dungeon, it would have been best for him to lead since he was currently the best one as being able to navigate through all sorts of things. With this in mind, he would then place his spear back up, feeling a lot more active than he was before. Was it a dangerous idea to be moving after  nearly passing out due to lack of energy? Probably... But it was definitely nothing compared to the beginning of the game where he actually did rely on two energy, so he was able to man up to it now. So he would await Itzal back at the bottom. They were ready to depart it seems, and with much more energy, they will have a much easier time.

Jonathan waited around for a few seconds and watched as Valarie and Itzal seemed to be discussing something. 'I don't like the fact that an NPC is traveling with us, and then acting like a helpless brat. It would be different if she could fight or heal the party. No. She is just sitting on his back for the whole trip.' He sighed and tried to get the thought off of his mind. Sey appeared to be better now, which definitely was a plus. Itzal was still gaining his back, but it would not be long before he got it back. Jonathan's energy levels had no matter. They never really had. He could be at ten energy remaining, and still the group would proceed. It was part of being the meatshield. Everyone remembers the great warrior who got the last hit, but not the player who took the damage. The blond sighed and shook the thougts from his head once again. Why did he keep coming back to negative thoughts? 

They had begun to walk towards the destination.  The girl began humming to a song that Itzal actually very much enjoyed and he was surprised to hear that she knew it.  When she ended the humming he began to actually sing the song.  When he did she looked at him from behind with sparkling eyes and began to sing along with him.  Itzal loved it.  The song had a beautiful melody and was a great traveling song, if a bit lacking in verses.

Spoiler

Roads go ever ever on,
Over rock and under tree,
By caves where never sun has shone,
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains of the moon.

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star,
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

As he sang Velnia flew gracefully through the air, going up and down with the music.  It was clear to any person walking by that Itzal loved music and song very much.  It was technically both his hobby and his side work, his main one being adventuring.  Itzal liked to keep an upbeat attitude about this stuff.  He went ahead and switched his gear so that his Twilight cloak was in place and his ring was Beauty Incarnated instead of his Skyreach ring.  So far this day wasn't too bad other than the unexpected party guest.

@Sey @Morgenstern

OOC- Jonathan what does the temple look like?  XD

There seemed to be a lot of things left to do in this dungeon. They merely fought a few monsters outside of it, they were going to have to do a lot more while fighting the boss of the dungeon as well, in which Sey could only assume was Cupid, but that was just based on his observations. It would be too merciful to only be shot with arrows, but it did seem to make them hurt any more or less if it was that as the boss. His hands would rest inside of his pockets and his eyes half-closed, showing indifference and uncaring nature around him, simply because he was lacking any reason to contribute something to a conversation. How much closer did they have to get in order to meet the area they were supposed to be at anyways? his question would be answered as he would notice an area a little bit away, but not too far. His eyes opened up once again as his head would tilt to the side. "Hm?"

@Morgenstern

The three followed Itzal in through the entrance, a dark cave, seeming to have no place in their destination. He and the girl seemed to be singing a song together, that was quite catchy but he was not really paying enough attention to it. As they got close enough, the image of the cave melted around them, and Jonathan was blinded by the incoming light, too bright to be regular sunlight. As his eyes adjusted he looked around. They were now standing in a grass field. Perfectly trimmed bushes of hearts or of cupid himself. The field in front of them was freshly mowed and was lined with pedestals with statues of Cherubs on them. In the center of the field was a fountain with three statues of cherubs spewing water into it, creating a perfect rainbow with the mist. Behind the lawn was a perfectly white house with a single door. Every second, the house seemed to become even better looking as if it was matching its look to his taste. "This place is astonishing! Its like it isn't even real!" The blond smiled as he moved in forward. There did not seem to be any creatures confronting them. As he got closer though, he heard something as if gears were clicking into place. In one quick motion, the statues of Cherubs turned to face them. They hopped off their pedestals, holding large golden sickle blades. "Ready yourselves!" He made sure he did a <<Howl>> to get their attention. 

Spoiler

3] Morgenstern 820/820 HP 61/82 EN 
[0] @Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 102/102 EN
[0] Sey 740/740 HP 74/74 EN

Cherub Statue x4 510/510 ~ 153 DMG, Immune to Bleed and Paralysis- Takes double Phase Damage. 

Itzal walked along with them until the flash came.  Valarie screamed but Itzal just closed his eyes before it became blinding and afterwards he looked at everything.  Valarie was impressed while he wasn't that much.  "Woooooooow!  It's so pretty!!"  Itzal however, was extremely skeptical of the entire view.  When Jonathan mentioned how it seemed like it wasn't even real Itzal nodded.  "I don't believe it is.  This could be an illusion or a pocket dimension.  However I'm more than certain it is the illusion part.  The house I believe is the only real thing here.  Think about it:  If he's a god then he can cast illusions if he wants to."  Then the statues began to move.  Figures it would be moving statues of love.  Itzal watched as Jonathan howled to gain their attention and then he charged forward, Velnia by his side.  Itzal glanced at Velnia.  "Velnia retreat.  Lightning and claws are useless against statues.  Find something to use and then you can."  As she flew back (seeming upset) Itzal released Shadow Explosion on the four monsters, dealing his usual one hundred and eight damage.

ID#  80003  BD:  3+3  CD:  1

[3] Morgenstern 820/820 HP 61/82 EN 
[1] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 84/102 EN
[0] @Sey 740/740 HP 74/74 EN

Cherub Statue x4 402/510

Edited by Itzal

“Whooooa… I wonder if I could buy this place…” Sey would mutter to himself, thinking of all the admiring the place would have. Come on, it was definitely a place worth considering to buy. However, fantasies aside, trouble would arise as they seemed to have an additional wave of monsters to handle, this time, living statues. Unfortunately, that was nothing too figurative as all. The game was never expected to be realistic in the first place, but was this not overstepping the boundaries even the slightest bit? Regardless, he was prepared to launch an attack onto them, and so he would leap at them with his spear glowing with light blue light at the tip. They seemed to have a little difficulty with moving, so hitting the statues was a surprisingly easy task. So he was able to pierce through the center of each enemy with the weaponry successfully, resulting in them losing more and more health swiftly. “They don’t seem like that much a bother right now to be honest.”

[3] @Morgenstern 820/820 HP 61/82 EN 
[1] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 84/102 EN
[1] Sey 740/740 HP 74/74 EN

ID: 80011
BD: 8
Dmg: 12 x 7 = 84
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.

Edited by Sey