(PP-F6) Cupid's Arrow (Sey, Itzal)

Itzal watched as Sey charged forward and struck the statues, dealing decent damage to the four.  Itzal heard what he said and ran calculations.  He needed to land a hit on them or they were in trouble.  It would take about three hits without Sey's strikes to take down the statues once and for all.  Jonathan rushed forward and landed a critical hit on the four but dealt less damage than Sey did.  Itzal wasn't really bothered.  Damage was damage and everything mattered...  Except the one point of damage that Itzal deals to bosses.  Especially when they were immune to stun, paralysis, and bleed.  While Jonathan nudged him to attack Itzal was rushing forward and striking at them, being blocked and parried at them.  "Yeah, trying to work on that."  He didn't stop but rather pushed harder and harder.  He was so close to using Soul Barrage but the emotion that was used to fuel it...  He didn't want to rely on it at the moment.  Still, it was very tempting to just break through these statues and shatter everything about them, every pixel.

ID#  84251  BD:  2

Party

[3] Morgenstern 800/820 HP 68/82 EN [153-134=19*4=76+66=10 DMG]
[0] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 64/102 EN
[2] @Sey 740/740 HP 34/74 EN

Enemies

Cherub Statue x3 306/510 (12*3=36 DMG Dealt)

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, looks like he was up. The energy bar at the top left corner would end up lowering a small amount. "Well, we are cutting a little  bit short on the energy. I can do this about two or three more times. Let's take a gamble as to which it may be." He explained to them before walking up to the statue monsters. They would end up taking a lot of damage from the core as he would slam the tip of the spear through their bodies. Without even a flinch, they would proceed to move forward, despite their health bars being in the yellow zone now. Before he could take any damage, Sey proceeded to run backwards to make sure that he did not get their attention on him. They seemed to have a bit more focus on him now than they did before, and he did not remember being quite prepared for tanking this time around.

Spoiler

ID# 84312 results:

Battle: 2 + 3 ACC + 1 (Concentration) = 6
Dmg: 12 x 7 x 1 = 84
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.

Party

[3] @Morgenstern 800/820 HP 68/82 EN [153-134=19*4=76+66=10 DMG]
[0] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 64/102 EN
[3] Sey 740/740 HP 21/74 EN

Enemies

Cherub Statue x3 222/510

Oh hell... I hate this thread, I am not good yet!

He would watch as Itzal tried again to hit, but once again failed. The blond shrugged. "Just keep going at it man. Fight hard, and Fight strong. We will have this in no time" He told him confidently. A confident tank would cause for confident attackers. He had them, and he was fine. They were in no danger, and perfectly safe. Sey even moved in and dealt a bit more damage. "Nice job there Sey. Let's see if we can get just one more attack out of you. Itzal, I ran some calculations through my head. If Sey and I hit good and right, your attack will be the death of it" He smiled and charged in, slashing the statues masterfully, dealing a... little bit of damage. The damage was furthering them in the dungeon and he would just be happy with that. No need to beat himself over the little amount of damage he was handing out at the moment. There was a reason he had to attackers here. They were supposed to deal the damage. 

Spoiler

84316 BD:8 MD:1

10*3=30 DMG dealt

Party

[4] Morgenstenr 800/820 HP 68/82 EN [153-134=19*4=76+66=10 DMG]
[0] @Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 64/102 EN
[3] Sey 740/740 HP 21/74 EN

Enemies

Cherub Statue x3 192/510

Itzal watched as Sey landed another strike.  He was happy for him, he really was, but right now he just wanted to get a hit himself.  Itzal backed up while Sey attacked and listened to Jonathan's encouragement.  "Yeah Itzi!  I trust you!"  He sighed as he calmed his mind and looked at the monsters.  Jonathan's calculations were off.  Itzal could deal one hundred and eight damage to them tops, no higher and their health was higher than that.  Sey would need to finish them off, and if he missed then Itzal would need to attack them again.  Regardless he rushed forward and released Shadow Explosion, damaging all three monsters the same amount of damage, actually managing to parry and deflect past their defenses and land the hit.  After the attack he leaped back and nodded to Sey.  "Ok man, try to get the last hit in.  After these, we take a break.  I don't want to have to stop mid battle with the boss in order to recharge our energy.  I really hope he doesn't have any evasion."

ID#  84327  BD:  3+3

Party

[4] Morgenstenr 800/820 HP 68/82 EN [153-134=19*4=76+66=10 DMG]
[1] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 64/102 EN
[3] @Sey 740/740 HP 21/74 EN

Enemies

Cherub Statue x3 84/510

Edited by Itzal

It was going to be a rough shot, he was hoping he would be able to get enough damage in. His spear would glow in blue light at the tip as he would sway his body to the side lazily, or seemingly. His strength was running thin. He would then charge through the cores of each of the monsters. The first one would shatter with a direct massive strike to the mid section. The next once would try to pound through his body, only to end up receiving nothing but more metal to the chest. The next would try to ram him from above, but he neatly ducked under the attack to avoid any damage before slicing upwards once, then throwing the spear down to strike at the chest once again, and again would the monsters fall. It was a perfect run for him, now to collect the loot and... Not even move on. Just take a bit of a rest, because his body was in dire need of it.

Spoiler

ID# 84374 results:

Battle: 3 + 3 = 6
Dmg: 12 x 7 x 1 = 84
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.

Party

[4] @Morgenstern 800/820 HP 68/82 EN
[1] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 64/102 EN
[4] Sey 740/740 HP 8/74 EN

Enemies

Cherub Statue x3 0/510

Loot: http://prntscr.com/f764kt

+2 LD

1530 Col
5 Mats

The blond would stand there and watch as the other two players destroyed the rest of the statues. "Nice job guys. Couldn't have done better myself" he told the two. Sey would lay on the ground and Jonathan would allow it. He was overexerting himself in these fights. They would stop for a rest here. They would need their energy if they were to take on the boss. He guessed the boss had god status, so it would not be easy for them. He sheathed his weapon and turned to sit on the ground. It had been a bit of a trip so far. They had done it though. They had completed quite a bit of the floor, and searched many areas. "We definently need to be well-rested before continuing on. No idea what lies in store. Other than what the boss is" he sighed and looked over to Itzal. He wished the man tthe best for this game. They had come this far, but Jonathan knewthat things were going to get harder form here on ot. He would protect his friend as long as he possibly could.

1/3 folks.

Itzal helped Valarie down and sat down, leaning against a nearby pillar and gave a great sigh, closing his eye s and chuckling upon Jonathan's statement.  "Yeah, that was a nice challenge for once.  You think the boss is going to be an actual threat or if he's going to be on the level of these dorks?"  He nearly jumped when he felt something touch him and when he looked he saw Valarie leaning against him, almost falling asleep.  He stared at her, his face growing red for a moment before trying to close his eyes again.  He couldn't stop it so he might as well get his mind off of it.  "Dude, I totally agree with that statement.  In fact I agree so much I'm legitimately trying to not fall asleep right now."  He let his breathing smooth out and felt Velnia leap off of him.  He knew the dragon couldn't sleep until nightfall, when all her energy was finally expended.  She flew around before spinning around Jonathan, the only non exhausted one and landed on his shoulder piece, licking his cheek and nuzzling against him, wanting him to show her some affection and entertain her for a little bit.

1/3  @Sey

"Considering how the boss is an angel with a bow and arrow designed to target one person at a time, I don't think we will be struggling in the slightest." Sey explained, placing the palms of his hands behind the back of his head, looking up and stepping back and forth lazily as he waited for his energy to rise back up to normal again. It was unfortunate how he had to rely on the games definition of strength rather than his own... Though in the real word, he was a little bit skinnier. Perhaps not the most athletic, as he was able to solve his problems by throw hard blocks of cash at the face of security. It was not like he ever had to work too hard in self-defense. The game though definitely changed that however. But regardless, so we need to treat it as such. The game certainly thinks so, as it will probably be handing us a decent number of rewards once we put it to the spear. Or... weapon rather."

Jonathan stood there, viewing the grand doors that would lead into their boss fight. Sey mentioned the boss probably would be easy since bows and arrows could only hit one target at a time. "Unless he were to attack in succession. But, if single target is the case, then this boss will rely on high damage and or status effects. I expect something out of a fight with a god. If this is what the game defines as god status, it better be worth it" Valarie was tired, and leaned against Itzal for suppport, and Velina flew over to him for attention. "Yeah, I feel ya girl" He patted the dragon on the head, and rubber her scales for a bit. She was a rather good familiar, and helped out quite a bit. He opened his inventory and pulled out two items. An apple he had been keeping for a while, and some meat he bought from an NPC. These were his sandwich supplies. He looked at the two items in his hands and handed the meat to Velnia. "I think that's turkey. I might be wrong though. It has a chance to be bologna" he told the dragon. It was going to be he and her for when their allies rested. He hoped she enjoyed the food though.

@Itzal

"If we're talking god status, you have to recall that cupid was relatively weak among the many Greek or Roman God's depending on which you prefer.  All he could do was force people to fall in love.  That's the only place his strength really lies.  I would say that his arrows might have a piercing effect like phase, but other than that I'd say the only God status is that he can never die.  Also he may have very high health."  Itzal's words were a bit slower than usual, showing that he really was enjoying his time to just rest.  Velnia on the other hand was active as usual, totally happy that he agreed with her.  When he pulled out some food it became the whole world.  She stared at it and didn't move an inch.  When he handed it over she took the time to listen to him since, well he was a good friend.  In all honesty, as long as the meat wasn't rotten she didn't care what it was.  She dug right into the food, trilling cheerfully.  After devouring it she nuzzled against Jonathan once again, this time more passionately.

@Sey

"Hm, if that's the case, it will need some damage inflicting things. While I do have some alcoholics, I don't think a lack of evasion is something that was need. With the exception of Jonathan, it wouldn't be that good of an idea. And if it's a god as the game suggests, it probably will have some form of area attack." Now this was just all a guess, but he knew a lot more about games than to expect things to just suddenly be spitballed at them. They were going to have to deal with a lot more than a lack of arrows, but a high health bar to take down slowly. "I can take some damage without a problem, but..." His hands would be placed behind the back of his head. "The point is, we're not going to be dealing too well if it has some form of effect system. For example, what if it strikes us all with whatever Itzal has. THEN we have problems, as a sudden crowd of ladies would be... Restricting... To say the least."

• 3 weeks later...

Huh, I coulda sworn that I replied to those... Cramp since I'm on my mobile, i don't have access to my stats i made! Aww.

The blond looked over as Itzal began to speak about his opinion and that cupid was a minor god. "Cupid though, isn't he the child of Ares and Aphrodite? That there should give him some recognition. Anyway, minor god or not, still more godly then us!" The blond chuckled and turned back towards the small dragon who was affectionately rubbing against his hand now. He chuckled and stood as his energy bar rose to full. A few more seconds, and his friends would be as well. He grabbed the hilt of his weapon and held it in his hands for a second before turning back to Itzal. "We can begin to find out what is in there now. Everyone look sharp, this is still a boss battle" Not a floor boss, but at least champion in the rankings. His job was to protect his friends, and there job was to release as much damage as they could to its sorry behind. His friends relied on him for this fight, even if his stats told him that he was practically the weakest of them all and the least amount of help. He prepared his shield, steeled himself, and walked over to the door. He set his free hand on the door, awaiting friends to walk beside him.

@Itzal

An update had popped up on Itzal's menu, or patch rather.  He was reading through it while Sey spoke and held up a hand to make a point.  "Um, I'll take that 'alcoholic'.  Cause according to this, they aren't alcoholic anymore, and reduce mitigation, not evasion...  Which works perfectly for me since I have like, zero mitigation to begin with."  He turned to Jonathan when he spoke up and mentioned how he was the son of Ares which was an excellent point.  "He won't be a good strategist if that's the case, as Ares had more brawn then brains, but at the same time he may have an ability given by Aphrodite that gives him additional evasion which would hinder us a little.  Overall though I think Sey is right.  He'll have more health than anything so we'll need to just release non stop all out damage on the guy.  Hopefully it won't take too too long though.  I'd like to get my hands on the experience soon.  I'm ready when you guys are...  Unless Sey is willing to hand over a damage item.  Valarie, you sure you want to come with us on this?"  Valarie gave a confident nod.

@Sey

Spoiler

Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 102/102 EN  3 MIT  3 Eva  3 ACC  2 BLD  1 Paralysis
12 dmg  (Meteor Strike not unlocked yet, meaning basic and pathetic attacks for now :p)

He tilted his head to the side. "Whatever item you're talking about Itzal, I definitely haven't made it. Never heard of such a thing." Sey explained as he would look through his inventory to see if there was such an item. It would be far better for him if he wanted to sacrifice some defense for offense. "Nope, nothing in here of that sort. And I'm not going to let cupid strike with whatever curse you have, so the evasion items are going to have to be out of question as well." The snow-haired player announced before placing the inventory down. It seemed like he needed to look through his profession again, the ability to make the item that Itzal described would help him a bunch. All of the damage stacking he could do for the floor bosses, already that sounded like a blissful sounding idea. If he mixed that with a better weapon, the damage output he would execute would be massive.

Do NOT put a tag in the HP bars. Put it outside of them. 

The blond would look. Back at the two who seemed a little iffy on fighting the boss now. They were afraid they needed more damage to be able to do anything. "No worries, we'll get each other through. Steel yourselves, remember your training. Or whatever else I can tell you encouragingly" he chuckled and turned to the door. It was good and bright, but had the same etchings into it as a floor boss. It appeared to him that Cupid had made himself a grand battle door, possibly a boss room as well. He pushed the door opened and immediately the three players were engulfed in a harsh golden light. When the light faded, they were in the center of a large circular room, where no doors or exits were to be seen. They were on a flat platform where an abyss of a place white and gold appeared endless. Falling off would be instant death. He stepped forward, not seeing anything in the room but them. Then, in a dazzling shimmer of light, Cupid appeared. He now appeared to be in a golden suit of armor, appearing to be made of golden feathers of a swan. In his hands were a bow, a quiver of golden arrows was on his back. He said nothing, but instead laughed as he landed on the ground. 

Eros notched and arrow in his bow and took a shot, right at Morgenstern, but the white knight appeared to deflect the attack with his shield. He shook his head grimly and awaited the players to attack. He was rather sure of his abilities, and knew he was quite strong for this area. 

Jonathan was glad for his shield. Cupid shot the arrow straight at his heart, but luckily he was just fast enough to knock it away with his shield. He could feel the thud on the shield and knew the arrow would have gone straight through his chest if it had met its mark. He took the advantage and stepped forward, howling in rage at the god. He smiled as he watched the god become more aggressive, his eyes flashing a gold towards him as his target was decided. "Alright, strike quick and fast. We have no idea what this guy has up his sleeve!"

Morgenstern's action ~ Focused Howl (+5 Hate)

Eros's action ~ Attack. 85841 BD:2+3=Miss. 

[5]Morgenstern 820/820 <> 82/82
[0] Itzal  1,020/1,020  <> 102/102
[0] Sey 740/740 <> 74/74

Eros 1000/1000 | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | 18 MIT 

(Only look in this spoiler if you would like to see the attacks. I am hiding it cause Itzal likes not knowing)

Spoiler
  • Heartbreak Arrow - CD of 1-6, Basic attack. Cupid fires a single arrow into the heart of the opponent. Deals 200 DMG.
  • Love's Wrath - CD of 7-9, Stun attack. Cupid pulls back the handle on his bow and reveals a hidden curved sword which he uses to slash the two players with the highest hate. Deals 150 DMG
  • Divine Light - CD of 10-11, AoE attack. Cupid points to the sky which immediately becomes a dark and violent red with flecks of gold. Afterwards, a shower of arrows rain down on all players. Deals 150 DMG
  • Love's Cloak - CD of 12, Unique move. Cupid uses his abilities to appear to the players as the ones they love the most. All players become stunned for two turns and Cupid's next attack will hit without fail with an increase of 50 DMG as well. 
  • Lead Arrow - The final attack....

@Itzal

Itzal turned to Sey in confusion as he had said one thing not moments ago, but was now claiming to have no knowledge of it.  Regardless he shook his head to clear his mind as Jonthan spoke, chuckling at his words.  "My training's been all over the place but yeah man, I'll do my best."  Suddenly Valarie jumped back onto his back, forcing him to regain his balance for a second.  Once he regained it he took out his sword and nodded to Velnia as he walked in with them.  He watched as the cupid arrived, this time in battle armor.  Clearly it was as cocky as Ares would be.  In this form, he had no doubt Cupid would have lost all charm from Aphrodite.  Jonathan seemed however to be able to deflect the first arrow rather easily.  Itzal charged forward, activating Nova Ascension, but the nimble Godling dodged the blow.  Itzal would need to restrategize his approach.

Spoiler

ID#  85850  BD:  1
- 12  EN

[0] Itzal  1,020/1,020  <> 90/102
[0] Sey 740/740 <> 74/74

Eros 1000/1000 | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | 18 MIT 

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

“Fast is as fast does, if that’s the case, I’ll be the fastest!” Sey announced in response, swiping the tip of his spear against the even surface ground. The lack of friction didn’t even cause so much as a spark to trigger the blue light of the Merciless flurry, but it did glow anyways, as it was not the spark that did it. Swift as he could, he pounced towards the airborne target, slashing the spear to the side to get in one basic hit. The second hit followed from the opposite side to even the blows, and the barrage repeated until he cut a good amount of health from the monster. It seemed to have a little effect on the health, but not so much to the point in which it could be deemed an easy fight. “It seems to have a good hit or two in it before we take it down.”

ID# 85890 results:

Battle: 8 - 1 + 3 ACC = 10
Dmg: 12 x 12 x 1 = 144 - 18 = 126
SA: Merciless Flurry - 12x1 - (13 Energy) - A high-end sword art that strikes the target with a flurry of rapid thrusts.

[0] Itzal  1,020/1,020  <> 90/102
[0] Sey 740/740 <> 62/74

Eros 874/1000 | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | 18 MIT 

@Morgenstern

Jonathan would watch as Itzal advanced on the godly figure, striking quickly, but missing in the end. The God dodged with ease, and Itzal fell back. Sey's attacks met their mark, whittling some of Eros's health away. The God fell back, obviously a bit more angered than hurt by the spear attack. Jonathan took his chance, charging forward with his sword. His damage was no where near as high as his friends, but his attacks would accumulate to high amounts if he was left unattended. Eros noticed him and notched another arrow, firing away. The blond blocked it with his shield and could see the anger that accumulated in his eyes. Jonathan thrust his weapon into Eros, and the God howled with a mixture of pain and rage. The god turned to him, his eyes showing reflections of wars and bloodshed caused by love and heartbreak. It showed the power of depression to its fullest capabilities. Jonathan stepped back, preparing for the next onslaught.

Eros would stand there smiling, his bow sitting comfortably in his delicate hands. His ability and accuracy with the bow was compared to that of Artemis and Apollo. The dark haired man charged forward, making several swipes with his sword, but he dodged each of them. His speed was not comparable to that of mortals. Then, footsteps were heard coming from the side. He was quick, but he was much to late to stop the oncoming blows from the spearman. His anger built up. His powers should have instantly smitten down the player among contact. 

Jon: 85919 BD:9. 77DMG

Eros: 85920 BD:2+3

5]Morgenstern 820/820 <> 76/82
[0] Itzal  1,020/1,020  <> 101/102
[0] Sey 740/740 <> 62/74

Eros 797/1000 | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | 18 MIT 

@Itzal

Itzal watched as Sey successfully managed to rush up and strike the god of...  Well there really a set description.  Everyone usually called him the god of love, while some called him the god of war, when in fact he was a weaker combination of both:  Ares and Aphrodite were the god and goddess of war and love.  There, really wasn't a word for it...  Although if Itzal fused war and love into one, he supposed the best word would be conflict.  Well done he thought, you just came up with what to call cupid in the middle of a fight...  Against cupid.  Itzal gave a sharp whistle to Velnia who flew around Cupid, shooting small volts of lightning that would hurt him a little bit but not actually do anything.  With cupid distracted, Itzal ran up the wall and pushed off, releasing Nova Ascension on the boss, the electricity of his sword pulsing through the god and hopefully stunning him and his wings.  He rolled as he landed and called out to Sey:  "You're up man!"

Spoiler

ID#  85995  BD:  7+3-1

12x9-18=90 dmg

[5]Morgenstern 820/820 <> 76/82
[0] Sey 740/740 <> 62/74

Eros 707/1000 | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | 18 MIT  1/1 paralysis

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Angel boy doesn't seem all that threatening anymore." Sey muttered, noticing that it's health went down a pretty decent amount. None of them took serious hits, and this was classified as a "boss". Energy was the only real threat. With this in mind, he would look at Merciless Flurry, knowing that it was quite straining on his energy bar. It was his only option however, as stunning it did not make things too easy... Considering angel boy did seem to have some form of mitigation wall to prevent it from being hit too hard if Sey took short swings. His spear swept low on the ground as he spun it, releasing it from his grip and allowing him to follow up without a pound or two on his body. As he rushed the enemy, he grabbed the spear back up from the ground and slice upwards, starting his barrage, ending up with the blissful red critical sign above the monsters head.

Spoiler

ID# 85997 results:

Battle: 10
Dmg: 14 x 12 x 1 = 168 - 18 = 150

[5]Morgenstern 820/820 <> 76/82
[0] Sey 740/740 <> 62/74

Eros 557/1000 | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | 18 MIT  1/1 paralysis