(PP-F6) Cupid's Arrow (Sey, Itzal)

"Thanks Jonathan. Glad to be getting there, I have a lot of progress to go. Glad to know it's showing though." He would reply with a collected smile, closing his eyes before he would look at the top left side of his sight. As a result, he would notice the bar of energy completely full at that moment. "Seems like my energy is completely filled. We need to get through the guards as quickly as we can." Well, he needed to anyways. It was much better than just standing around and hoping for something to happen in the not so near future. The less time they were able to cut, the better for him. he wanted more skill points and more loot, that was just the nature that he was born with and decided to raise himself in. Can one blame him? While many can say yes from the outside, they do not realize that they answered no in doing so, but not in the way they expected.

@Morgenstern

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan listened to Itzal as he mentioned that there was nothing in the books for Greek Mythology on statues, so he guessed they were magic. The Dawn Breaker nodded and turned to Sey. The man informed him that they were ready to go. "Alright. We got one more normal group, and we will hope the fountain statues don't attack us as well" He had a major feeling that they would though. He looked to Itzal and told him, "If your energy is not back, just sit out until you are ready. Sey and I are going to be advancing forward. I want this done as soon as possible as well" He surged forward and the statues hopped off their pads. Itzal would probably sit out this first rotation, but he and Sey would be able to manage. "C'mon Sey!" He unsheathed his weapon and let out a glorious <<Howl>> to gather the attention of all four of the creatures. they began to come after him with their weapons, but were to slow to reach him to be able to attack their first rotation. 

Spoiler

[3] Morgenstern 820/820 HP 82/82 EN  153-134=19*4=76+66=10 DMG]
[0] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 33/102 EN <<1 Turn left before energy refill>> 
[0] Sey 740/740 HP 74/74 EN

Cherub Statue x4 510/510 

@Itzal don't attack so you can get your EN back

Itzal heard Sey mention that he was all up to date on energy and was ready to fight.  Jonathan said they had one more normal group to go before they hit the boss.  The freaking cupid.  Itzal nodded and began to get back up, Valarie moving beside him to get back up with him.  Jonathan and the others had the head start and ran into the last wave of statues who began to attack.  Itzal was about to draw his sword before Jonathan told him to wait until his energy was completely replenished.  Itzal hesitated, wondering why.  However he had grown to trust his friend and let go of his sword, looking at Velnia who landed on Valarie's head.  She giggled and picked her up, placing the purple dragon of adorableness on her shoulder and petting her head.  Itzal smiled and sighed.  "Alright then I'll join you in a second.  Shouldn't be too long before it's back up to maximum."  One thing Itzal didn't like was being unable to do something.  However that wasn't the same as being patient for the right moment.  He'd be fine.

3/3

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

He successfully slashed his spear through the chests of the enemies upon hearing his name, his speed enhanced heavily at that moment as he was would cause a massive amount of damage. For some reason, he felt some sort of rush behind each strike to the chests of the enemies. They were not able to counteract as well, despite the hate that he built in the process. Even if he was the one with the highest hate, it was highly unlikely they were able to match his speed from the snow-haired player. Once they were all pierced through, he would playfully leap onto one of the statues before using it as a trampoline to flip back to where the other two were. "WOO! That felt good! Well, time for you guys to do what you do, if you need me, I'll try not to explode from whatever I'm feeling right now." Adrenaline perhaps, there was not much else that he would be able to do without that rush in his body.

Spoiler

ID# 82413 results:

Battle: 10
Dmg: 14 x 7 = 98
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.

[3] @Morgenstern 820/820 HP 82/82 EN  153-134=19*4=76+66=10 DMG]
[0] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 102/102 EN
[2] Sey 740/740 HP 61/74 EN

Cherub Statue x4 412/510 

Edited by Sey

Jonathan would watch as Sey would follow him into battle, striking hard and strong with his spear. His talent with the weapon was tremendous, if only the weapon did a little more damage. He nodded to Sey. "Good job. Way to keep up the momentum" Itzal called something from behind him, but Jonathan could not make it out. He spun his blade in his hand and moved forward, but the statues moved in to meet him. He raised his shield just in time for it to take some damage away from the blows. He fell back and yelled, "Itzal!" He he twisted mid air, rolling to allow Itzal to slip past him as he usually did. The other guy was speedy and was able to do things like that. He watched a dark shape fly past him, and he was pretty sure it was Itzal. "Keep it going guys. We just need to take out these guys and the other ones" 

Spoiler

82478 BD:3 MD:7

[3] Morgenstern 810/820 HP 81/82 EN  153-134=19*4=76+66=10 DMG]
[0] @Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 102/102 EN
[2] Sey 740/740 HP 61/74 EN

Cherub Statue x4 412/510 

Itzal watched as Sey went in to attack and it looked like he had a rather fierce adrenaline had kicked in in his friend.  Sometimes combat could be fun.  To Itzal however it wasn't always that way.  Sometimes if it was challenging then yes, but otherwise the monster's AI typically wasn't smart enough to use tactics that could match Itzal's own tactics, strategies, or stats for that matter.  Regardless his energy was maxed out now and he nodded as he charged forward at the monsters.  He watched as Velnia scratched them to distract them first and the two statues looked away from all three players to bat at the dragon who was far too fast for them to even hope of hitting.  See?  Idiots he thought.  Itzal released Shadow Explosion on the two and dealt his usual damage before sliding back to Jonathan's side.  "You know, these monsters used to be fun...  Not so much anymore."  Itzal had barely noticed that Valarie was holding on his back again.  He'd become rather used to it at this point.

ID#  82487  BD:  7

[1] @Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 84/102 EN
[2] @Sey 740/740 HP 61/74 EN

Cherub Statue x4 304/510 

Edited by Itzal

Well, they were able to take down a massive amount of damage from the monsters. If that was not noteworthy, he was unable to tell what was. Maintaining his silence, he would brace himself for the monsters in case they were to lash out once again. He noticed that the damage that Morgenstern let out was a massive amount, even so much compared to his own. A tank with that much power was something that not even Sey thought was possible, but not only was Jonathan able to live, he was able to mow down monsters as well. For his build, that was just perfect. Seems like he was not the only one that had been improving after all. With that said, he would then leap out towards the monsters, piercing them in the core, nearly missing, but making sure to keep his focus locked so that he did not miss a thing.

Spoiler

ID# 82577 results:

Battle: 2 + 3 + 1 (Concentration)
Dmg: 12 x 7 x 1 = 84 Dmg
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.

[3] @Morgenstern 810/820 HP 81/82 EN  153-134=19*4=76+66=10 DMG]
[1] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 84/102 EN
[3] Sey  740/740 HP 61/74 EN

Cherub Statue x4 220/510 

Edited by Sey

The blond watched as Itzal joined the assault, attacking with ease. He muttered how it had gotten boring and Jonathan sighed. 'Easy for him to say. He's not constantly missing and not doing anything' He sighed and moved in, bringing up his shield to intercept the oncoming attacks. The attacks did little damage to him in the long run. He stepped in, shoved the enemies weapons away and made an counter attack, but the statues had already blocked his attack. "You figured as statues, they would be quite easy to hit, and their attacks would be slow. Ya know, like the tortoise. Slow, but accurate, on pace." He sighed and looked over at Itzal "Your up, strut your stuff, or whatever motivational gets into your head" He chuckled and looked to Velnia, seeing her being the one to have enjoyed all of this. 

Spoiler

82677 BD:5 MD:7

[1] @Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 84/102 EN
[3] Sey  740/740 HP 61/74 EN

Cherub Statue x4 220/510

Itzal had noticed that Sey was silent for a while.  Was that adrenaline he had gone?  Was he just focusing?  Was something on his mind?  Regardless of what it was, Itzal couldn't afford to let his mind wander in the middle of battle.  He had circled around and was moving in for the next strike while Jonathan tried and failed to get a hit on them.  His words to Itzal made him chuckle.  "Strut my what?"  He shook his head while chuckling before charging at them one more time, releasing Shadow Explosion again and dropping their health down swiftly.  "Dude, just tell me to hit them and I will.  Doesn't matter if it's a challenge or boring.  I'm not one of those players who only fights for the fun of it.  We need to get out of this game and to do that we need to raise our levels.  That's how I see it at least."  He leaped back after his attack and waved to Sey.  "Alright let's wrap this up shall we?"

ID#  82748  BD:  3+3

[3] Morgenstern 810/820 HP 81/82 EN 
[1] @Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 66/102 EN
[3] @Sey  740/740 HP 61/74 EN

Cherub Statue x4 112/510

Edited by Itzal

They were not getting too much damage done now, how lovely. To think that they were going to struggle with some statues. Sey tried, he really did. But he was still on the cooldown for the concentration skill, and so that was not going to be working for him. With his accuracy item on him, he was still unable to get the hit. While the other two decided to chat for a bit, Sey would move forward towards the monsters to try to deliver something of a finishing blow. They were able to dodge... Statues. They were able to sweep to the side and narrowly dodge his attacks as if they were nothing. Sweet, it looks like he was slower than objects that were supposed to be inanimate. Just one more thing to add to the list of things that he messed up in Aincrad. Oh well, they were in the red zone anyways, they were nearly done and they could soon move onto the boss... Hopefully. At this point, he did not want to keep guessing.

Spoiler

ID# 82751 results:

Battle: 2

[3] @Morgenstern 810/820 HP 81/82 EN 
[1] Itzal 1,020/1,020  HP 66/102 EN
[3] Sey  740/740 HP 60/74 EN

Cherub Statue x4 112/510

Edited by Sey

Jonathan would watch as the two men in front of him would begin to make quick work of this group of statues. He could not help but smiling when their HP bars had dropped to quite a low point. "I am going to go ahead and set you up Itzal!" He charged forward at the statues and stood in the middle of them. He waited until they neared quite close, almost enough for them to slash him to bits. The he rotated his weapon in a circle, striking each of the statues. The fell back, one of their arms shattering and a leg beginning to crack. "There we go! Alright Itzal, up to you to finish these guys off!" He raised his weapon in the air in a cheer. He felt if Itzal missed, then Sey would not be able to finish the statues off. If he perhaps had a stronger weapon rank, then perhaps he would have made quick work of each of these statues. 

Spoiler

82886 BD:8 MD:5

[3] Morgenstern 820/820 HP 75/82 EN  
[1] @Itzal 1,020/1,020  HP 66/102 EN
[3] Sey  740/740 HP 60/74 EN

Cherub Statue x4 92/510 (-30)

Itzal rushed at the two statues after nodding to Jonathan.  With that last hit Jonathan made it made it possible for Itzal to one shot em at this point.  He rushed forward and released Shadow Explosion, causing the monsters to shatter into thousands of crystals.  After the attack was over Velnia flew over their heads before landing on Itzal's, snuggling into his hair.  He looked at her before sighing and checked the loot menu.  "Hey is it sad that I value the lower loot more than the higher loot?  I mean come on, I feel like getting extra col is worth more than four rare weapons."  He split the col between them all as usual and sighed.  "Alright so I guess we get to recharge our energy real quick before the boss right?"  Valarie looked at them.  "Hey I wanted to ask you guys.  Who are you planning on fighting again?"  "Um...  Cupid.  Tiny guy with wings?  Annoying?  Likes to shoot people with arrows?"  "Oh, you mean the guy who tried to shoot me?"  Itzal was silent for a while as he stared at her.  "Wait....  What do you mean by, tried?"  "I mean, he tried to shoot me but he got the log instead.  I never got shot by him."  Itzal turned to look at Jonathan and Sey.

ID#  82897  BD:  3+3

Loot ID#  82898  CD:  4  LD:  5+5  10,200 col

@Morgenstern

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Thanks Kayaba. Another shot to the hearts of scouts." Sey would mutter, realizing that a lot of rare weapons now became a thing because of that. To get a higher chance of getting good loot, you would need to apply food and other bonuses. That would take a while, considering all of the materials that needed to be obtained. Another Valerie dillusion would make it's way into the fray, a sigh emitting from his lips. "I don't even want to know what she's talking about." He replied to the stare that Itzal was giving him. "Regardless, energy restoration wouldn't be such a bad idea. I used to think bosses don't need em so much... And then we met a recent one that blows through a lot of damage and players." That was quite the day... Stupid Bull. Oh well, it was over now, with the losses being what they are, it was nothing to be concerned about now. "Cupid better not have non-monster traps..." He said, looking around for any golden arrows waiting to trigger.

Jonathan would stand and walk slowly forward, the other two hopefully followed behind. Sey mentioned something about traps. He shook his head and replied, "We are already going through his defense system test, and he wants us to make it to him for some reason" Jonathan shook his head. This whole ordeal was kind of wacky. Itzal and the NPC were talking somewhere back there about Cupid. He believed he heard something of a log? "We should move through the Fountain statues before taking a rest. Get more things done faster" The blond charged forward, and the statues jumped off their pedastals, and began to head over at Jonathan. He <<Howled>> and then raised his shield. Luckily these three were too slow to reach him in time before Sey an Itzal attacked. "Alright, let's finish these guys!" This was the last group and he wanted to get the hell out of here. This was taking far too long. It was partly is fault for not having any damage. 

Spoiler

[1] @Itzal 1,020/1,020  HP 66/102 EN
[3] Sey  740/740 HP 60/74 EN

Cherub Statue x3 510/510 

Itzal looked at the npc again, who smiled at him brightly.  Did this npc really have feelings for him naturally?  Dagnabit why him?  He heard Sey mention something about Kayaba shooting another arrow into the hearts of scouts and he sighed.  "Yeah.  I refuse to give up my scout skills, but unfortunately it's usefulness is becoming less and less the longer time goes on.  Particularly through updates.  It seems every new one has something that makes my build that much worse."  Sey mentioned traps for them and Itzal was about to tell him there probably weren't any when Jonathan beat him to it.  He nodded.  "Yeah, that."  Then three more statues emerged, obviously the last of them, and Itzal watched as Jonathan howeled and gave the command.  Itzal nodded and charged forward but when he struck at them, the managed to block his attacks without receiving damage.  Dang it.  Looks like they were getting smarter.

ID#  83000  BD:  1

[1] Itzal 1,020/1,020  HP 66/102 EN
[3] @Sey  740/740 HP 60/74 EN

Cherub Statue x3 510/510 

Edited by Itzal

“Defense system or not, if we finish this, I’ll make sure to get some more damage so that there will not be much of a system left for him to have.” He would declare before they would then encounter more enemies. Sey let out a sigh from his lips before he walked over towards them, not even having the appetite to rush through them. Fortunately, he was able to take a successfully slice out of each one of them through their cores, and they didn’t retaliate back at him as well. The result was successful, and he was able to lead the charge to taking out the three fools. Once they were done here, they might as well make a dash for it, the British player was getting angry. And the British bulldog was not something that made others happy whenever it was losing it’s patience. While stat-wise he lacked, luck was favored to him.

Spoiler

ID# 83021 results:

Battle: 5 + 1 (Concentration) = 6
Dmg: 12 x 7 x 1 = 84

[3] @Morgenstern 820/820 HP 75/82 EN  
[0] Itzal 1,020/1,020  HP 66/102 EN
[1] Sey  740/740 HP 47/74 EN

Cherub Statue x3 426/510

Edited by Sey

83275 BD:4... MD:10

Jonathan would watch as Itzal would fail to hit the statues, due to their seemingly great defensive mechanics. "That's alright Itzal, Sey bring it forth" The man moved forward, attacking each with his spear brilliantly. The creatures dipped a bit in health, enough to be noticeable. It really was Itzal that was in charge of the AoE damage that moved around. The blond moved in, striking forward with his sword. In seconds he was overpowered, the heavy pure gold blades knocking his shield aside and exposing his chest, ripe for the slashing. The middle fountain took its change and smashed its fist into his chest, causing him to fly back into the ground. The blond gritted his teeth and stood once more, still clinging onto his weapon. "G-Get em' Itzal" he called to them. Morgenstern was a bit rather unedged from that hit. 

Spoiler

[3] Morgenstern 810/820 HP 74/82 EN  [153-134=19*4=76+66=10 DMG]
[0] @Itzal 1,020/1,020  HP 66/102 EN
[1] Sey  740/740 HP 47/74 EN

Cherub Statue x3 426/510

Itzal watched as Jonathan told him it wasn't a big issue even though it technically was.  Itzal needed to hit them since he was packing the biggest punch out of them all.  Still he trusted that his friend was willing to put his miss aside and watched as Sey rushed forward and landed his own attack.  After that however Jonathan charged in, attempting to land an attack on the monsters.  What the-  Then he realized something.  Time seemed to slow as he did the calculations in his head and recalled that howl gains three hate while normal attacks only receive one.  Sey had one hate while Jonathan had three.  This meant that even though he's the tank, he can go ahead and attack because there would be no reason to gain more hate.  He charged and tried to hit the statues but they once again blocked him and pushed him back.  Itzal growled.  "Seriously?!  Again?!  And why me?!"  This was getting annoying very fast.  Honestly he just wished this could freaking end already.  He wanted to finish off the cupid for it's experience more than it annoyed him at this point.

ID#  83321  BD:  2 >.>

[3] Morgenstern 810/820 HP 74/82 EN
[0] Itzal 1,020/1,020  HP 65/102 EN
[1] @Sey 740/740 HP 47/74 EN

Cherub Statue x3 426/510

Edited by Itzal

It seems that they were having a tough time getting through the monsters. Looks like he had to cut down onto them as well. His spear would glow with blue light once again, though his energy bar would warn him once again of the amount getting past the yellow point. "I reached halfway through my energy bar." And with that warning out of the way, he would then stomp onto the ground once, letting a small shockwave before blurring at the very next second. This allowed him to charge through the open space and get close towards the opponents. They tried to push back, but he had too much force behind his own muscles and would take a good number of stabs through each of their cores. Before they could retaliate, he would jump back casually away from them, nothing athletic. Their health bars were still in green, despite the chunk that he successfully drew away from them.

Spoiler

ID# 83332 results:

Battle: 6 :3
Dmg: 12 x 7 x 1 = 84

[3] @Morgenstern 810/820 HP 74/82 EN
[0] Itzal 1,020/1,020  HP 65/102 EN
[2] Sey 740/740 HP 34/74 EN

Cherub Statue x3 342/510

Edited by Sey

Jonathan would watch the group as he recovered from the previous blow. Itzal would attack again, but each of his blows were blocked by the statues. The blond grimaced. Itzal needed to hit if they were to finish this quickly enough. "Nice try Itzal" You looked to Sey who was already in the middle of his attacks. He kinda chuckled. The reasons spears occasionally bested swords, was due to the fact that without a shield, it was extremely difficult to block. The spear went straight through the holes in the statues defenses. The blond recovered and moved in as Sey was returning from his attack. He slashed across his enemies chests, dealing critical hits that did not deal that much damage. He grimaced, and tried to block out the next attacks, but it was almost impossible in his point-blank position. Sey mentioned something about his energy which was another clear sign for the need of Itzal's damage. "Alright Itzal. Now would be the time" 

Roll: 83431 BD:10 MD:8

Party

[3] Morgenstern 800/820 HP 68/82 EN [153-134=19*4=76+66=10 DMG]
[0] @Itzal 1,020/1,020  HP 65/102 EN
[2] Sey 740/740 HP 34/74 EN

Enemies

Cherub Statue x3 306/510 (12*3=36 DMG Dealt)