[PP-F1] Blade of Dreams (Redo).

I roll my eyes."I guess I could try my dagger. I hope it doesn't break." I mutter as I pull one of my daggers out. I jab it into the key hole of the chest. I try picking the lock but all my dagger does is move around in it, then it gets stuck on something. I get slightly scared as I can't get my dagger out or move it, then a pretty risky thought came to mind."Back up a bit, 'bout to do something stupid." With out listening to what Miaki said. I lift my boot and stomp on my dagger. As my foot comes down I have the terrible thought of my dagger breaking, but as my foot collided with it and the chest popped open, I get less nervous."Yes!- oh god what is that." I take a step back in surprise as there is a black form slowly coming out of the chest, toward the two of us.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miaki watched Clarence struggle with the chest that was partly in the water. He was just about to give him a hand when he tried using his boot. "Uhhhhhh" Suddenly the chest shot open and started moving around. "It's a mimic! Get back!" Miaki shouted to Clarence as he drew his blade from his waist.

Mimics were insidious predators that can imitate inanimate objects. Nobody is really sure what the true form of a mimic is, or if it even has one. They tends to dwell in dungeons and underground ruins, imitating furniture or large treasure chests in the hope that a meal will come by. If this is the case, it will grab with a sticky pseudopod, covered in a strong adhesive that can only be dissolved with strong alcohol. The mimic can neutralize its own adhesive at will. They are usually worth a fair amount of EXP when defeated.

Miaki charged forward with his blade ahead of him using a thrust type of attack. "You're not getting anything from us today!" He yelled as his blade pierced the chest.

"A mimic? What the heck is a mimic?!" I call to Miaki as the thing grew to its full size, a really tall and big creature. I stare in shock as it starts moving towards us. I finally get a grasp of my movement and take a step backwards. I take another but trip over some of the branches I moved before, searching for the chest. I fall with a gasp as I hit the stony beach hard. I rub my shoulder, it took the full impact of the fall. The creature. noticing my falling, took the opportunity to grab my leg with one of its tentacles."Ah let go of me you monster." I yell, trying to reach for my dagger.

In the blink of an eye I watch as Miaki comes forth and stabs the creature in the chest. I relax a bit, thinking it will be over. But, the creature thrashes around, trying to hit Miaki off. It this fit of rage it throws toward the dock.

SMACK!

My body comes in contact with one of the wooden poles holding up the dock. My eyes are open for a bit and I see Miaki with a slight look of fear as he looks at my body. My eyes slowly close as my body goes into unconsciousness.

The <> vanished in an instant from Miaki's attack. He twirled his katana around his body and sheathed it away. He then saw Clarence begin to pass out. "Oh [censored]." Miaki glanced at Clarence's health bar trying to figure out what happened. He opened his menu screen and switched it to display current party status.

Clarence: Has fallen unconscious and unable to fight.

"Okay good. He's fine. Just some HP loss." Miaki said with a sigh of relief. He accessed the Brigade inventory and selected a health potion which materialized in his hand. Miaki held up CLarence's head, uncorked the bottle with his teeth, and force fed the contents to Clarence. Clarence's HP bar slowly regenerated to max. Miaki placed Clarence back on the ground and sat back waiting for him to come to.

My eyes open and I jolt awake. I'm breathing hard from shock of what happened and fear of its still here."Miaki? Wha-what happened?" I ask, confused a bit on why I'm still alive after being thrown at a wooden pole across the beach. All of the sudden I get really scarred and I jump up."Is it still here?" I ask. I'm still a little woosy from being unconscious so I fall back down to the ground after a second.

Miaki sat on a rock with his right leg crossed over his left reading a book when Clarence jolted up and was acting a little frantic. "Calm down. It's gone. I took care of it." He closed the book he had in his hands. "You've been out for a little while, perhaps an hour. Welcome back to the land of the living." He said.

I'm panting a bit but I slowly calm down."An hour! Dang that was a while, anything interesting while I was out?" I Miaki, rubbing my shoulder, my body still thinking there is pain but really there isn't. I look out to the ocean and notice the chest is gone and everything pertaining to the battle earlier is completely gone.

I nod slowly to Miaki."Yeah I'm good, just freaked out a bit. So, do you want to possibly look for the last chest. Not sure on where it would be though." I say to Miaki. I pop open my map screen and look through the surrounding areas."Any thoughts on to where it might be? The only place we haven't been is the forest, mountains, and the remaining houses."

"Well the forests and mountains are alot of ground to cover and I don't want anymore surprises from random houses." Miaki stood up on the rock he was sitting on then stepped off of it. "Oh I suppose we could go to the forest area. There is plenty of space to go around searching for a final chest."

"Okay the forest is....... that way!" I point toward the forest at the south east corner of the bay. I open my map and circle the forest area. I send the map data to Miaki and close the map again."I think the forest is relatively safe, never really been there to look around, just to map it out."

Receiving the data Miaki looked around observing the area that they were passing through. "Hopefully this is a quick in and out manner find the next chest. The last thing I want is a crazed snake lady chasing us, a building crashing down on us, or two bumbling bandits coming after us." He remarked.

"Hehe, that's what she said." I make a stupid comment and laugh at Miaki's words, Quick in and Out. I give him a half smile, noticing he lots all hope in me at that comment (OOC, figuratively speaking)."Sooo, any info from the info brokers on Floor 8?" I ask Miaki, trying to redeem some respect from Miaki.

Laughing a little over the board Miaki patted his good buddy Clarence on the back wiping a tear from his eye. "Oh that's a good one. Been awhile since anyone's beaten me to the punch with that joke." He grabbed a canteen of water and offered one to Clarence. "All I know about 8 thus far is that it is a floor completely suspended in the trees. The image I keep thinking of is that planet with the wookies in Star Wars meeting something elves would live in in one of Tolkien's books." He put his hands behind his head. "Only a matter of time before we reach their. I feel good about it now."

I laugh a bit more and accept Miaki's canteen."Oh my god! That's awesome! I've always loved that planet on Star Wars, such an old movie though. I can't wait to reach Floor 8 though." i smile a bit and continue walking, taking a sip of the canteen. I hand it back to Miaki. I open my inventory and pull out to pieces of food."Want a piece? Fresh from Floor 3." I say and hold out a piece of Crab.

Miaki's eyes widened at the sight of fresh <>. His mouth began to water at the sight of the delicacy he only tasted a few times in the "other" world. He had yet to express his absolute love for crabs from living on a coastal state in America. "I-i-i-is that..... Are those.... crab legs!?" He reached his arm out and grabbed the shell and began to crack it open having had lots of experience before living in Aincrad. "Where did you? Oh floor 3 how stupid of me!"

I laugh a bit at Miaki's reaction and let it go as he basically rips my hand off."Calm down. Crabs are good. It took a while to steal these- I mean what?" i laugh slightly at my mess up and crack my crab leg. I pp a piece into my mouth and smile at the great taste of the crab meat. My mouth waters slightly as I eat it and I swallow."Someone likes crab don't they?" I say, motioning to the way he devours it.

Miaki sucked every piece of meat out of the crab and displayed his familiarity with the anatomy of the crustacean at how well he seemed to break into it finding every chunk of meat. In between bringing the crab to his mouth to such another chunk out Miaki peered at Clarence in the corner of his eye and spoke with the crab still partly in his mouth. "Where I was raised these were a delicacy. The area was known for catching some of the best crabs on the coast. I've been dining into these things since I was little. I have no idea how long it has been since I've had one of these."

I smile and laugh at Miaki's eagerness in eating the crab."Ah, where I came from, well I've never actually had crab before so, I guess this is my first, in the none sexual way I mean." I smile with a laugh. I finish off the crab toss it onto the ground, it breaking into particles from durability."Be a perfect meal for your wedding day...." I mumble off a bit. I approach the forest and look up at the <>.

Miaki began coughing on his crab meat and looked at Clarence in surprise. He brought his free hand up and cupped it under his mouth "Dude, that was sudden. Who the hell said anything about marriage?" Clearly surprised by the sudden shift in their causal talk that didn't seem to bother Clarence in the slightest bit. "Right now I'm not even with anyone. I haven't even given the idea of settling a thought." His voice began to trail off. "My minds always been about pushing to the next floor and the one after that."