[F01 - R8 Blacksmith] The Ring and Sword

Secret meetings. That was kind of their thing, for whatever strange reason that was. Messages out of the blue dictating a time and place with no other context was the norm for these players. Details were often left until after they'd already happened upon them, as little good as that did.

This location though, Koga new every detail of. Hence, it was a little strange to receive such a request to appear there. It didn't make sense until Koga entered his shop and noticed the addition of a new detail. No instructions though. Though, knowing NIGHT's weapons on sight, he was quick to figure it out. The woman was probably loathe to part with it, and the extras? Easy enough job.

Spoiler

> ITEM FUSION

item #1 | 1 scale, 1 shard.

Spoiler

Shuku-ro Coat | [#206664a] | TIER 4 LIGHT ARMOR | EVA, REC, VAMP-D
[desc.]: A black leather coat, well worn, but in good condition. Although there is nothing of particular note about the coat, one might swear that it's wearer's shadow wavers like a wisp of smoke from burning incense.

Shuku-ro Coat (copy...?) | [#206639b] | TIER 4 LIGHT ARMOR | EVA, REC, VAMP-D
[desc.]: A black leather coat, well worn, but in good condition. Although there is nothing of particular note about the coat, one might swear that it's wearer's shadow wavers like a wisp of smoke from burning incense.

shuku-ro coat | x | shuku-ro coat (copy) | -> shuku-ro coat

Shuku-ro Coat | [#207460] | TIER 4 LIGHT ARMOR | EVA II, VAMP-D II

item #2 | 3 scales, 1 shard.

Spoiler

oathkeeper. [#*tag-2] | TIER 4 STRAIGHT SWORD | HLY, ACC, BURN
[desc.]: | may nothing but death do us apart.

Orgoth's Legacy | [#187492] | TIER 4 STRAIGHT SWORD | ACC, PHASE, HOLY
[desc.]: | —the wash of starlight, the old paradox. / it's you. i swear i'd find you in the dark. 

shinigami. | [#206645c] | TIER 4 STRAIGHT SWORD | FLN, DMG II
[desc.]: | 繋いだ手を離さないでよ / 二人いま 夜に駆け出していく

Tsukuyomi's Odachi (Alpha)+5 | [#163222a] | TIER 4 STRAIGHT SWORD | FLN, ACC II
[desc.]: This odachi came in a dark wooden case alongside its replica, only scarcely bordered by a sheet of glass above it. A dark steel blade laced with red and white etchings, the sword is slightly curved around its length, with a marking of a crescent moon near near its guard. It's incredibly ornate, making it difficult to wield with practicality.

oathkeeper | x | orgoth's legacy | -> oathkeeper
tsukuyomi's odachi | x | shinigami | -> shinigami
oathkeeper | x | shinigami | -> oathkeeper

oathkeeper. | [#207461] | TIER 4 STRAIGHT SWORD | FLN II, HLY II
[desc.]: | —the wash of starlight, the old paradox. / it's you. i swear i'd find you in the dark. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when she'd last seen it, oathkeeper had been a blade that stood about half of night's height. at koga's message, she'd realized the weapon now exceeded her expectations.

it shimmered, shone as though it had no traces of an outline, a sword as holy and bright -- pure white. just as orgoth's legacy had been. but it thrummed differently as her hand wrapped around its hilt. she wasn't sure what magic koga had pulled off other than how item fusions were supposed to work, but the gentle melding of weapons into the final form of her edge --

at the gentlest touch, it rippled with a heavy force. a flash of the darkest night, and it was gone.

what she left on the counter was something akin to a thank you note.

picking up oathkeeper.

@Koga dropping off the following:

lupine. | [#207468] | TIER 1 TRINKET | ACC III, EVA I
[desc.]: a resin tassel in the shade of fire. its colours are marbled, layered in with streaks of amber, white and cream.

It was on a whim that the man walked into his forge this evening and began to strike his hammer against hot metal. The usual bouts of insomnia kept him awake, so he'd figured he may as well try to be productive for once in his life. Sadly, that motivation lasted only about as long as a single craft. Not that it was even a very impressive craft, just about anyone could have made it. But, hey, it was something at least.

Still...he felt way too awake right now...Maybe eating something would help him sleep? Probably not, but it was worth a shot.

Spoiler

| 207940, CD nat10 +1, +1 T4 Rare Katana, -1 Mat, +8Exp

Edited by Koga

two birds, it'd said. and despite knowing only a pair of wolves rather than a flock, his name was literally in the weapon. so it made sense that it went to koga, and yet...

it looked minute. almost standard. a short katana, almost shorter than the one she used against macradon in the tournament. night didn't give the weapon any further thought than its delivery, slipping the sword by its sheathe onto the counter, allowing it to settle on the wood with a clack. and the jingle was all that she would leave her friend with as a notice to her presence. koga would know what to do with the rest.

dropping this off. @Koga

kogarasu. | [#206621] | TIER 4 KATANA | DMG, FALLEN
[desc.]: two birds on a wire.

Walking into his shop that morning, Koga was met with a peculiar sight. Or perhaps not that peculiar since it had happened at least once before...although it did bring up the question of how she was getting into his shop in the dead of night...

In any case, Koga walked over to his counter and picked up the blade left behind to examine it. It only too a moment before a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips. This was exactly what he needed.

Taking the weapon into the back of the shop, and retrieving that plain blade from yesterday, Koga began his work...

Item Fusion

Spoiler

Unfurnished Blade | Rare T4 Katana | #207940 | DMG II
[desc.] An unfurnished blade, raw, unpolished. Nothing spectacular, but the makings of something great.

kogarasu. | Rare T4 Katana | #206621 | DMG, FALN
[desc.] two birds on a wire.

Tsuki no Hikari | Demonic T4 Katana | #ERROR | CRSD, BRN, BLT, FALN
[desc.] A beautifully crafted katana with a blooming plum branch engraved into the blade. A midnight blue ito embraces black rayskin. A tassel, the same color as the ito, hangs silver and black beads from the pommel. 'A blade of moonlight and a weary traveler who learns forgiveness.'

Unfurnished Blade + kogarasu. + 1 Gleaming Scale = kogarasu.

kogarasu. + Tsuki no Hikari + 1 Gleaming Scale + 1 Demonic Shard = Tsuki no Hikari

Tsuki no Hikari | Demonic T4 Katana | #207955 | CRSD, BRN, FALN II
[desc.] A beautifully crafted katana with a blooming plum branch engraved into the blade. A midnight blue ito embraces black rayskin. A tassel, the same color as the ito, hangs silver and black beads from the pommel. 'A blade of moonlight and a weary traveler who learns forgiveness.'

Edited by Koga
  • 2 weeks later...

Later in the day, Ghost made her way to Koga's shop, the Ring and Sword. Walking in, she was taken back by the beautifully designed weaponry along the walls, the jewelry, the armor... She knew that Koga was passionate when it came to his gear, but she'd never expected that he was this determined as a blacksmith, with how relaxed and laid back he was at times. Her eyes then landed on the wooden kendo training sword hung in the very back, broken but held like a trophy. That probably has quite a story, if he chose to mount it like that.. Maybe I'll ask him later,  she thought to herself with a small smile. She could hear Koga somewhere in the back, probably hammering away on some other masterpiece. Deciding not to bother him right away, she walked up to the counter and opened the Request Form menu, filling it out fairly easily.

Request Form - Enhancements Request Queue
Item Name: Lockhart Gloves
Profession: Blacksmith
Roll ID: 
Roll Result: 
Item Type: Martial Arts Weapon
Tier: 2
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: DMG III
Description: No Materia Needed!
Post Link: 

Stepping back out from his forge, Koga noticed a slip of paper on his counter. A quick read over, and he was actually a tad bit surprised to realize it was Ghost who had left behind the request. For a moment, he wondered why hadn't gone and knocked on his forge door, considering his hammering was definitely audible, even in the store proper. His second thought was that he needed to remember to start locking the door so no one came in and stole anything...not that there was really anything of much value on display to begin with. It was a good habit to build at least.

Spoiler
208730 CD nat6 +1 -1 Mat, +1 Uncommon T2 Martial Arts Weapon, +6Exp
208731 CD nat 11 +1 -1 Mat, +1 Perfect T2 Martial Arts Weapon, +11Exp
208732 CD nat12 -1 Mat, +1 Perfect T2 Martial Arts Weapon, +11Exp

Edited by Koga
  • 1 month later...

The old man stood up from the creaky rocking chair on the porch of the inn he had been staying at. Giving a long stretch, he elected to begin making his way. He equipped the heavy plate mail that left not but his head uncovered. The menu had an option to put the helmet on but Teddy had no idea how to do such a thing, not to mention it would surely make it harder to see if he did. He made his way through the merchant district. Shop after shop was closed. It truly was a shame. Then he found it, an open blacksmith, and the sign caught his eye. It was far more elegant than the things he had seen in the past. Pressing through the door, Teddy takes a look around, admiring the craftsmanship of the establishment both of wears and construction. Finally he approaches the counter. “Whell Howdy there, my good smith!” Teddy says with a hearty smile, “Ah would be mighty happy should you be able to point me in the direction of a good hammer. Ah hate to say that I don't have much knowledge about this game an’ all.” He puts his hand behind his head, the armour clinking as he moves.

Zenshu let his eyes roam over the exterior of the shop. It was very different from the showy, flashy merchants that seemed to scream and shout at anyone who passed by - trying to draw them in for whatever cheap items they were selling. Zenshu ignored most of them - although a few shiny pieces had caught his attention, the shop itself was his desired destination.

Stepping up to the shop's door, Zenshu opened the door and stepped into the shop itself. The rows of weapons, the broken training sword, and the smiling blacksmith all greeted him. He waited patiently for the man to finish speaking, before bowing and stepping forward. 

"I'm actually looking for a weapon! A somewhat specific one, if you're able to...which, looking around I'm sure you're more than capable!" He waved a hand towards the weapons lining the shop's displays. Pulling out his own ninjato, he laid it on the counter - the black of the blade almost seeming to consume the light that touched it. "I'm looking for something similar to this...although with a few modifications, if possible! Do you happen to have an order...ah there!"

Pulling forth the order form, Zenshu took a moment to fill it in before passing it across the counter. "Oh! My name is Zenshu by the way! I'm...well, a player. You'd know that. I've recently made my way towards joining the fight in earnest, so I'm likely to need more equipment over time, and from the looks of it this is a wonderful place to go! You wouldn't happen to do cloth armour, would you? My current tunic is lovely, but I'll need something...well, more, in the future! Do you happen to do them yourself, or know where is best to go to?"

A beaming smile as he listened to the response, before bowing and making his exit. He felt good about this store, and looked forward to returning to it, again and again.

-----------------

Item Name: Shadow

Item Type: Straight Sword

Tier: 2

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: ACC II / BLD I

Description: A shorter ninjato, this single edge blade is entirely black from the string wrappings on the hilt, to the tip of the blade itself.

"Welcome in," Koga said politely with a short bow as an older gentleman walked in. "I do believe I actually have just the thing for you," the blacksmith said, before walking over to a display case and unlocking it. He pulled out a shining hammer and set in on the counter before turning around. "Oh, and one more thing," he pulled a kite shield off the wall behind him, the emblem of a gold phoenix emblazoned on it's front. "Take this too. Both are free of charge. Consider it a welcome gift," the man said with a nod. "And a bribe to get you to come back," he said with a cheeky smile.

Just then, the bell above the front door rang again and another man walked into the shop, carrying a sunny demeanor that Koga still wasn't sure how people could manage. "Welcome in! Uh, if you're looking for a tailor, I'd recommend the Crusty Bahrnacle. I can pin it on your map, here. This though," Koga then picked up the ninjato the man had placed on the counter. He'd actually owned one similar to this in the real world. Decorative, of course, but a small bit of nostalgia went through him for a moment. "I can do this. Come back tomorrow, I should have something ready for you."

Spoiler
209393 CD nat3 +1, LD 17 +5Exp
209394 CD nat7 +1 +1 Uncommon T1 Hammer, -1Mat, +6Exp
209395 CD nat1 +4Exp, -1Mat
209396 CD nat8 +1 +1 Rare T1 Hammer, -1Mat, +8Exp
209397 CD nat12 +1 Perfect T1 Hammer, -1Mat, +11Exp
209398 CD nat7 +1 +1 Uncommon T1 Shield, -1Mat, +6Exp
209399 CD nat8 +1 +1 Rare T1 Shield, -1Mat, +8Exp
209340 CD nat2 +1, LD 10 -1Mat, +5Exp
209341 CD nat8 +1 +1 Rare T1 Shield, -1Mat, +8Exp

Fusion

Rare T1 Shield | 209399 + Rare T1 Shield 209341 = Perfect T1 Shield | 209402

koga gives theodore bell Hammer of Bahn
koga gives theodore bell Shield of Bell

Edited by Koga

Teddy watched as the shopkeep took the beautiful hammer and shield off the self and was bit taken aback by the outright kindness of the gentlesoul. He took the hammer first in his hand looking for some time at the craftsmanship “Whell, would you look at that, she really is a beaute! Ah tell you, Ah can't wait to be knockin’ some heads with this! To see the fahne details illuminated bah the glow of the sun, whellll that will be something to behold.” He then looked to the shield. “Nahw Ah do say, this looks as something straight out o’ fantasy. Ah reckon it will do exceptionally in the case of mah protection.” Then the man said something about them being free. “Ah tell you what Ah will wear it with pride and make sure that you are mah go to blacksmith. Ah’ll make sure that anyone who cares to know, knows where Ah acquired these lovely pieces. Ah wish back in mah ol’ life it was possible to run such deals. Ah did do it for the youngins though, they would come in an get their pick of the antiquities so long as they wouldn't run me too into the red. He He, Oh Ah seem to be rambling, an it looks like someone is waiting on you. Ah’ll be sure to make mah way back here next time Ah need to, an’ Ah greatly appreciate your generosity!”

A few days passed of Koga definitely not forgetting to make that sword for that one random dude, and definitely not just sitting around being lazy. No. Not at all. He was definitely working super hard on it. You know. He had to farm up materials and what not. Because he definitely didn't have a surplus.

Anyways, after working on his very difficult craft, Koga sent a message off to Zenshu letting him know he could come pick up his weapon. Probably one of the less ostentatious weapons he'd crafted for others, the man laid out the weapon on a plain white cloth on the counter top, ready for Zenshu to come pick it up.

Spoiler
209423 CD nat10 +1 +1 Rare T2 Straight Sword, -1Mat, +8Exp
209424 CD nat2 +1, LD nat13 +5Exp
209425 CD nat5 +1 +1 Uncommon T2 Straight Sword, -1Mat, +6Exp
209426 CD nat6+1 +1 Uncommon T2 Straight Sword, -1Mat, +6Exp

Fusion

Uncommon T2 Straight Sword [209425] + Uncommon T2 Straight Sword [209426] = Rare T2 Straight Sword [209427]

Rare T2 Straight Sword [209427] + Rare T2 Straight Sword [209423] = Perfect T2 Straight Sword [209428]

| koga gives zenshu Shadow

Edited by Koga
  • 2 weeks later...

Wandering in with a large smile on his face, Zenshu greets the black haired man behind the counter with a low bow. Glancing over the blade as it’s handed to him, Zenshu nods, at a loss for words for a few moments as he considers the piece.

“This is wonderful! You’re far more skilled than I had even hoped to expect! This piece is…perfect! Thank you, so much. I’ll be returning here a lot for more pieces, so long as you’re in business! Well, I do hope that that lasts only as long as we’re all here – which hopefully isn’t a super long time…but again, thank you!”

------

Zenshu collects Shadow

• 3 months later...

Today was the day, Kana had finally gotten the payout from helping the adventurers that had returned to the Town of Beginnings, and he had it all planed out.
He would use the materials to get some gear together, as he was sure not to leave the town in starting gear. The only thing he wasn't so sure about, was the place he was going to buy what he needed, as there were so many places that called out for him to buy. So he walked around town, looking at all those NPC stores, until he was done with this and decided 
 to leave the busy roads and have a look at those stores opened by adventuring folk.

He had seen the ring and sword before, but hadn't entered as he hadn't had any material or col to spend, but that had changed, so he entered the store. The display of craftsmanship in front of him baffled him, and he was distracted, so when the man next to the door said Hey there!”, “In need of weapons? Or maybe some armor? Well you’ve come to the right place. Welcome to the Ring and Sword!” he nearly punched him.
Still a little startled, Kana simply nodded and proceeded to look at the items in stock. 

There was a beautiful two handed sword, the hilt wrapped in blue leather with a sapphire embedded in the hilt, that immediately stood out to him, and he pointed at it and asked the shop owner "Hey, just to answer your question from earlier, I need a weapon, and I think it's this one. How much is it?"  After getting the price, he proceeded to hand over the materials and continued, while asking "Do you have any armor that would fit with this sword?" He looked through what's in the armor racks and decides to get a heavy armor without much ornamental stuff.

@Koga

In Stock Purchases:
Monarch (6 Mats)

Spoiler

Item Name: Monarch
Roll ID:  129549
Roll Result: 12
Item Type: 2H Straight Sword
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: [Accuracy // Damage // Damage]
Description: A well crafted sword. It's hilt is wrapped in navy blue leather, with a sapphire embedded in the pommel. 'A good monarch is wise, just, but most of all compassionate.'

Tough Armor (4 Mats)

Spoiler

Item Name: Tough Armor
Roll ID: 130926
Roll Result: 10
Item Type: Heavy Armor
Tier: 1
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: [Mitigation // Mitigation]
Description: This armor seems like it can take a beating.

• 3 months later...

It had been three days since the shop "The Ring and the Sword" had been found.  Since finding the shop the young girl had been wracked with an unfamiliar feeling. Anxiety.  Why some may ask? Well, that was because she was about to make a decision that held the weight of the world - or at least felt like it. 

Before leaving to start his adventure her brother, a player named Thirteen, made it clear that he did not want her to leave the Town of Beginnings. As he was leaving the last thing he said was, "Promise me you won't leave. At least not without me." What he never realized was that he took her silence as an agreement when it was not. She was not going to make a promise she might break. And being here was the beginning of where that might be considered broken. 

Closing her eye a deep breath was then taken as she made her way into the shop.  Hey there!” calls the shop keeper, “In need of weapons? Or maybe some armor? Well you’ve come to the right place. Welcome to the Ring and Sword!” Sunni greeted and addressed the shopkeeper before wandering over to the weapons. She had thought a long time about what weapon she would wield when she started her journey.  Finally, she had landed on a sword. After all, what hero didn't have their trusted sword; King Arthur & Excalibur, He man & Power Sword,  Perseus & Harpe. So when her gaze landed on the sword <<Soldier's Broadsword>> she knew it would be the one to start with. 

"Actually yes!" she called, "This sword is perfect. Thanks Mr.!" And then like a leaf in the wind she was gone. 

@Koga

In stock purchase: 

Spoiler

Item Name: Soldier's Broadsword
Roll ID:  128458
Roll Result: 11
Item Type: 1H Straight Sword
Tier: 1
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: Damage // Damage
Description: A broadsword with a brown leather handle. It's blade seems unusually sharp.