[F11 - OP] Christmas Chaos (aka Come Eat All Of Koga's Food)

Astreya grinned at the other.  "Well, like, sorta?  Like you're not using, attacks or weapons, but you gotta like..." she began, gesturing slightly as if to explain with her hands as well.  That was pretty common for the young woman- she talked with her hands as much as she did with her voice, which was saying something.  "So like, okay," she began, "when you're fighting, you've gotta watch your opponent, see how they're moving, see how to respond and all that, right?  So like, with talking to people, you gotta watch them.  See how they move, and their body language, but then you also gotta listen to how they're talking too."

"Some people like to totally wear their heart on their sleeve," she spoke, making a gesture toward herself, "but then there are, like, others, who don't do so well.  So you gotta watch, learn how they talk and everything and just kinda... I dunno, go with the flow, y'know?" she spoke, giving the other young woman a smile.

As the girl mentioned she was ready to go inside, Astreya nodded, grinning.  "Sure!  I can help out!  I'll be, like, your backup if you need help," she offered, before the other asked about her real name.  "Like, either or is fine.  I've told a few people, but like, everyone said I shouldn't be using my real name... but like, everyone I've asked hasn't given me a good reason why?  They just say I shouldn't, but totally don't really why you know?" she murmured, before grinning as the other woman gave her real name as well.  "Nice to meet you, Nari!" she cheered, tilting her head to the side, presenting a cheery smile to the other young woman.

@Nari-Lanreth

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nari paused as the girl continued speaking. Everything she said made sense, in a way. The bit about watching one’s bodily movements, reading their intent upon their physicality, and treating them as an opponent in a way. It seemed…odd to Nari, at first. But the more she thought about it, the more it made sense.

“It’s nice to meet you too.” Nari flushed again as she said the words. “Oh, uhm. The reason people don’t give their real names is because…well…normally you don’t want to give away too much about who you are in real life, because…you don’t want people finding you. It’s like…do they still teach online safety? Like don’t tell strangers online too much about you so they don’t…find you?”

Nari smiled at Iris in what she hoped was a friendly manner. “Well, it’s also kinda like, in games you…like you said. You play this game to be someone else. And well, for us gamers…sometimes that sticks a little too much. It’s become a kinda taboo not to use your real name, I guess because it breaks that whole roleplaying thing we strive for – and a bit because of the whole…being safe thing.”

Nari wasn’t sure if she was making any sense, but it was the best she could manage with how her mind was spinning. She was actually managing to converse with someone…it felt…oddly enjoyable. ‘This…Iris. She’s such a nice person. Maybe she would like to be friends…?’

@Astreya

Spoiler

Word Count: 241

Koga bade Astreya farewell as she went to go...do whatever it was that extroverted people did. He was quick to resume his comfortable position, leaning against the wall and relaxing as he oversaw the partygoers. He spotted NIGHT speaking to the girl who had brought the sodas. It almost seemed to fit, neither girl seemed to have a particular penchant for socializing. It was easier to communicate with one's own kind.

The door slammed against wall loudly, making Koga nearly jump out of his skin. Another exuberant party-goer. Or coming. Whatever. The man pulled out several bottles of what Koga only assume was wine and started...talking? Shouting? Something in-between the two. But then a tiny bear literally rolled into his home and Koga just stared at it. What. In. The ever-loving hell. Ignoring the fact that the bear just knocked over an entire plate of deviled eggs, Koga walked over to the new comer, and pointed at the bottle in his hand. "May I?" before taking the bottle from him and taking a long swig from it. He exhaled and looked at the bottle in disappointment. "Man, I wish this stuff actually worked...I could really use it right now," he muttered before handing it back. Alcohol. One of like...three ways into Koga's heart.

The man then looked over his shoulder at the tiny bear and the fox that had joined it and then back at the newcomer. "They're yours?"

Looking back and handing the bottle of wine to the supposed host. Scanning the room finds a rather abysmal showing of pairs having small conversations in the corner, not a lick of dancing or revelry. No board games or cards, nothing. "Have at it, brought quite a bit." He points to the crate beneath the dining room table.  Watching a blonde jam cookies into her face like a lunatic off the table, after getting all huffy from a pair of familiars. It would have once boiled to a point, but Gaius was growing up, little by little. "Still tastes good if it's made right. This is sad." He gestures the bottle, taking from Koga and taking another swig before handing it back.

A question about the familiars, gesturing a finger toward them, "That one's Boris, and that's Ko." To the Bear first, then the fox. "That one is my...Girlfriend? Fiancé? Roommate? Something, she's my something's." Looking out to the birth of the room, "Ya'll call this a party, it feels like a library in here." This wasn't the most lively bunch, maybe those two years had made him out of loop. Is this is what kids did these days?

Edited by Gaius

So far this entire conversation had Koga blinking slowly in...disbelief? Concern? Confusion? Honestly, it was all three, this man was...a little strange, even by Koga's standard.

"You don't know?" he asked, taking no offense to the admittedly abysmal state of the party. He wasn't good at this kind of stuff. Hell, he normally talked to like, two people over the course of an entire week. On the bright side, those present seemed to be having a good time, at least. "I feel like you should at least know if she's your fiance. Did you or did you not propose, and did she, or did she not say 'yes?'

A bit blunt as he took another drink from the wine bottle. He probably looked like an alcoholic. If this stuff actually did something, he would definitely be an alcoholic. But the strange man seemed like the kind of person who wouldn't mind. Maybe even preferred it, judging from the way he spoke himself.

Her group of people was coming and going, and with Astreya gone there wasn't anyone she was too familiar with. Luckily, that didn't bother her too much. This... Astrolynn? She seemed to be pretty invested in the game itself. Was she the gamer type? Or was she the kind that just wanted to be really helpful? It would take more observance. "Yeah, I just don't like hurting things, I'd just rather help out!" Her eyes fluttered to her surrounding area where she seen a familiar face walking in through the front door. If she hadn't seen him, she would have at least heard him. Almost jumping from the sudden joy, she would offer a pardoning wave and smile to @Astralin before bounding off suddenly. 

"GAIUS!" Tearing through the room, she would all but jump on the large man. "What are you doing here? Finally chase those people out of your kitchen?" Seeing the man brought her much joy. Out of everyone, Gaius was one of the few people she respected. Even if she had to basically beg to get in his kitchen... just to spend and obscene amount of time looking for things in there. 

"Okay, like, other people have said that too.  But like... how are you gonna find me with just my first name?  It's not like I'm gonna give out my last name.  Now that's totally silly," Astreya spoke as she gave a small spread of her hands, shrugging slightly in response to Nari's words.  It wasn't that she was trying to be mean or be rude about it, and the girl hoped it came across that she genuinely didn't understand the logic behind it.  That giving out one's first name was dangerous, in some way that she didn't quite follow.

But as she continued, Astreya lifted a hand to her jawline in thought.  "I mean... I guess that makes, like, some sense.  I dunno, I'm not, like, a gamer or anything like that," the girl admitted, raising both hands in almost a defensive gesture.  Of course, the fact that she wasn't a gamer... and yet had managed to get into the ten-thousand few who were trapped in this game was something impressive all on its own.  "Unless you like, count chess.  I'm pretty good at that," she responded with a small grin as they made their way back inside.

Inside, of course, was a whole new scene.  The fellow that had went by them when they were outside was now talking loudly to Koga, and then as they closed the door, Astreya noted Blueberry approaching him as well.  "Who's that?" she asked aloud- not really to anyone in particular and certainly not Nari- the girl seemed sheltered enough as it is.

@Nari-Lanreth

"Who's-" Nari's voice cut off as she glanced in, seeing all the people. Her heart fluttered for a moment, and she felt the panic attack starting afresh. Closing her eyes, she thought on the words that Astreya had mentioned. 'It's a battlefield. Treat it like one.'

Slowly opening her eyes, she glanced about, finally letting her gaze fall back on Astreya. She felt her pulse slow a little, the calmness that normally hit in her combat taking over. Surprised that it had work, it took her a moment to continue answering the question that clearly hadn't been meant for her, but that she felt dedicated to now.

"I don't know who that is, but maybe we should introduce ourselves?" She'll wave a hand between herself and Astreya, a sudden calmness in her eyes and features. "If you feel up to it, that is."

A sly grin will appear on Nari's face at the final words, her eyes hinting at a bit of humour.

@Astreya

Spoiler

Word Count: 163

Emptying out the current bottle and grabbing another from the dining room table, leaning down and muttering to @Yona "Keep eating like that, and you might end up with a stomach ache. I am the best chef in Aincrad, we aren't going to run out." Shuffling back to @Koga and pulling the cork on another bottle, offering a shrug at the weird chick. Guess this whole talking party wasn't so bad, but it was clearly a more adult celebration.

It hadn't dawned on him that most of these kids were nerds, and had no reference of how a party actually worked.

Eyeballing the Christmas tree as he found a bare bit of wall to lean on. "Well, I proposed, and she said yes. So I guess she's my fiancé." The small Bear peaking up, covered in egg dressing and tapping @Yona with a cherry in attempts to share. Still the sweetheart. "We've all grown up way too fast in here, eh?" Taking a drink and passing it to Koga, the revelation coming from the fact the party felt like a bunch of senior citizens instead of wild college students. A sudden shrill voice breaks out across the chamber. Blue. "At least some of us..." A sigh as he takes a deep swig, wiping his mouth with his sleeve and giving the bottle to Koga as they shared it back and forth.

"Blue, its Christmas. They didn't show up today. Where the hell are all those friends you were talking up? Instead of showing up to a random party." A quick swap of his attention to Koga "No offense."

Gaius was far more casual with his response than she remembered him being. Cocking her head at his response, she would reply, "You... you do know that its only the 23rd right? Besides, Frying Pan Boi isn't random. Don't you have someone to hang out with? Maybe you've been drinking a bit too much of that wine." Blue had spent many nights in the past drinking herself, she had gotten to the point she held some semblance of control while intoxicated. Gaius did seem like the type to be that way as well. 

"How have you been doing, I haven't visited in a while!" Flashing a smile at him excitedly, she would get close to him and wave her hand out giving a grand gesture that would sweep over the room. "Maybe I could come make some desserts at your restaurant sometime, I've gotten really good at it!" She would frown for a moment, before adjusting her stature. "Actually, I'm going to do it regardless." Gaius was the kind that like straightforwardness. He wouldn't care for her question but he would respect a demand if she could recall correctly. 

Koga watched as the man shuffled, or rather stumbled away to the food table, before reaching beneath it grabbing another bottle of wine. Koga had to admit, even if it didn't do jackshit to make either of them feel anything, it at least tasted pretty good. Even had that slight alcoholic undertone to it. When the man stumbled his way back and finally answered Koga's question, the man host had the strong urge to slap his hand into his own face. And he thought he was dense.

The comment that followed however, Koga paused. An entirely different tone than before. Koga nodded in response, before looking around his home, full of people he knew and did not know. Trying to reclaim some semblance of normalcy in their eternally and wholly fucked up lives. "Yeah. Yeah, we have," he replied with a nod before taking the offered bottle and taking a swig of his own.

A loud familiar voice shattered the strangely reflective moment that had just occurred, and Koga took a long reflexive draw of not-wine as he listened to Blue and this Gaius fellow talk. He owned a restaurant then? Hmm, maybe Koga would have to check it out sometime.

"No problem."

It only took her a moment to stew on what to say next, and that was the beginning of her mistakes. Had she spoken sooner, perhaps she would've gotten some extra piece of advice out for Jevi before being interrupted by the sight of a zoo entering the party. Half of her wanted to disappear completely from the present upon that sight, and the other to chide herself for not having assumed that something like this would've happened upon public invitation. And yet, watching the scene unfurl mouth agape, she still didn't find herself moving. Because everyone else did, in her stead.

Strange. And how many cookies had she eaten by now? She had only a single one in her hand at the beginning of the chaos, and now there were a few more missing from the plate --

What were they talking about, again? NIGHT shook her head, before refocusing on speaking to Jevi.

"Heading out's one thing. But if you need company for it, I assume that's what social events like these are good for." Her eyes drifted to the flood of animals, and NIGHT knew to correct herself. "Right-- maybe not messy ones like these, perhaps. But you get the gist. I'm sure the more you keep attending events such as these, the easier it becomes to get to know someone new."

Had it not been for Yukiro, in the past, she might've gotten herself in some trouble on her first adventure out into the city. And that thought was all that was necessary for the player to summon a prompt to the other player with a shortcut on her pinky-tip. A friend request.

"And if you're ever in a rut, I've got time to be available. Drop me a message whenever, and I can be there."

She heard Nari start to speak before the girl lost her voice.  Astreya frowned slightly, worried that maybe the girl would've just reverted back to how she had been before.  She didn't really know if she could help to teach the woman overnight how to be a people person.  Astreya had just always been a social butterfly, and between her own innate ability to read (usually) read conversations as well as the learning that her father had pushed down upon her as well, she had gotten pretty good at doing it.

Besides that, she just really enjoyed being around people and talking to them.  There were so many different kinds of people and different ways of thinking- she enjoyed seeing how everyone just 'ticked' and picking them apart to determine for herself.  That was one thing she definitely kept to herself- she didn't want anyone to see her as weird, after all!

The woman watched this person that Blue seemed to know, and because of that, Astreya actually felt a little better about potentially approaching him.  But before she'd gotten too much further to think on that, she heard Nari murmur nearby, and there was a sudden light of mischief in the girl's eye.  "Like, did you leave all of that hesitation outside or what?" the young woman responded, grinning slightly toward the violet-haired woman.

All the same, as the option opened up, she moved up toward the fellow that Blueberry was still talking to, and with little hesitation, she beamed a sunny smile at him.  "Hey!  You've got a restaurant?  That's so cool!" the girl spoke up, watching him.  "Blueberry just taught me, like, today that player made food is like, way better than the stuff from NPCs.  Where it at?  I'd totally love to stop by and, like, check it out sometime!" she cheered.

@Nari-Lanreth @Blueberry @Gaius

A glare and a fuzz of the girl's hair, and as soon as it is removed there was a *poof*, and it stuck on end. "Really, Frying Pan Boi?" She must have meant this dude, that was his conversation bro for the last 15 or so minutes. Taking a glance toward Koga and then back.  "No shit, you were stuck in my kitchen for the better half of a month. If you came back to visit, I'd think you bumped your fucking head." Nudging Koga with his shoulder, the guy murmurs. "But fuck it, right? Roll with the punches and pick ourselves up. Ain't no use wallowing in the funk. It's Christmas, leave the heavy shit for the morning." Locking his arm around a bundle of a pain in the ass, as if punishing a younger sibling.

"Knock your self out short stack, hell, maybe if your cooking is bad enough they'll stay away." Snickering before a new voice causes him to stop and peer up, a lump of smiling pink hair pressed against his chest. "Yep, what of it? Damn right, I taught Blue everything she knows the exact same way I learned. By not showing her jack shit." he laughs out before scrunching heavier. "Rolling Bite, Floor 7 near Deepedge. Don't come too often, can't stand customers who just sit there and do nothing all damn day, every day. Best Chef in Aincrad, Gaius at your service. AINT THAT RIGHT BLUE." a squeal rings out of a noogie.

Standing slightly off to the side, Nari will suddenly shyly grin, speaking up from her semi-hiding place behind Astreya. Her words – although not nearly as loud or confident as the others, were spoken with what she felt was a confident tone – although they likely still rang with an air of uncertainty and shyness.

“You…own a restaurant? I’d love to come try some food…all I’ve had to eat is some half-decent NPC made stuff. Which – don’t get me wrong…it’s not, I mean it’s not great. It’s not horrible. But something better would be better. I mean good. I mean, enjoyable. Can I come too?”

Face flushed as she waited for her response, she tried to stare at the taller man who had stated his welcome to Astreya and the others. She truly hoped that he would not try the more physical approach that he had with the others, and felt her hands clasp together in front of her, her muscles tensed in preparation to retreat if he did try something.

Throwing a side glance at Astreya, she tried to send the girl a look of thanks for bringing her back inside – and more importantly for giving her what she needed in order to be able to do this.

@Astreya @Gaius

Spoiler

Word Count: 207

Gaius was someone who was loud, crass and more than a little bit too much all at once.  So of course, Astreya liked him immediately. 

The smile on her features widened at his response to her, giving the man a small laugh in response to his words.  "That sounds awesome!  Well I had some of Blueberry's desserts and they were like, so good, so like, if you taught her...sorta?" the girl spoke, her train of thought derailing for a moment at the idea that he had taught Blueberry by teaching her nothing at all.  "Anyway!  I'll definitely stop by!" she spoke, giving him a small grin.

And then Nari (surprisingly to Astreya) found her voice again to greet the loud fellow as well and she couldn't help but to give a small grin and a nudge to her, before her eyes widened slightly as she heard what the woman had to say about the NPC food as well.  "Ohmigosh, same!" the valley girl exclaimed, before she glanced back over toward the desserts table.

"Okay, like, hang on," she spoke, beginning to usher the young woman over toward where the desserts that both Blueberry and Astralin had provided were located.  "Here- do you like blueberries?  Like, even if not, just try one of these.  They are so good!" she spoke, before realizing that back near the table, both @Astralin and @Melodie le Breton  weren't too far.  Aaah there was too much she was trying to do at once!  

She felt like Melodie and Nari would get along well- they both had that shrinking violet thing going on.  "Gaius!  You make more than just, like, desserts, right?" she called.  It had honestly been awhile since she'd had anything other than desserts... so a change might be nice?

@Gaius @Nari-Lanreth

A hand would suddenly begin to roughly brush her head and shake her entire body with. "DA DA DA DA!" Her mouth began making random noises in protest. She reached up to his arm and the man would remove it. Once pretty and neat pink hair was now left in shambles. Gaius tried to joke at her with her cooking abilities which would cause for Blue to laugh at him in a mocking tone. Gaius was a type of man that enjoyed being challenged. Challenge him she would. "If I came and my desserts at your shitty restaurant they'd sit there all day waiting for me to come back!" Closing her eyes and resting her hands on her hips, she would stand there confidently. That was at least until he would take hold her again, holding her next to him as she spoke. Her head was basically pressed into his chest. The vibration of his voice against her threatened to awaken things.

The two other girls that seemed to be crowding around were interested in the food Gaius had to make, causing the man to spout his self-claimed moniker. "Only reason you're the best chef is because I make desserts." Her words were met with a knuckle rubbing into her head. "OW OW OWOWOW!" she protested, pulling herself from him. "At least you made yourself useful and got something to drink all anyone brought was dessert. That was obviously my job!" Reaching to the crate, the pink-haired player would snatch an entire bottle to herself and began to drink the wine. It had a... pretty good taste. Normally at parties she had found herself drinking far more concentrated drinks but this at least tasted good. Besides, it wasn't like the drink was going to affect her in Aincrad anyway.  

"I made her a frying pan as a weapon once..." Koga began to explain to Gaius at the mention of his curious nickname. "She's called me that ever since...speaking of," Koga extended a hand towards Gaius. "I'm Koga. You are?"

The conversation was soon onto the topic of Gaius' restaurant, and Koga made a mental note of it's name and location. Maybe he that'd be a good place to...eh, shouldn't really even consider that yet. "I'll come check it out sometime," he told the man as Astreya and another player he didn't know came to inquire about the joint. "I prefer to just eat and leave, so you won't have to worry about me."

Koga couldn't help but chuckle as Blueberry bore the brunt of abuse from the much larger man. Seemed fitting that the two of the most boisterous people in the room would get along. And, likely, Astreya would enjoy them as well. He was just happy they finally had something that resembled booze at least. Maybe if he drank hard enough the system would just break and finally let him get drunk...here's hoping.

Somehow, Koga has finished an entire other bottle, and gone back for a third.

nicegai.jpg.0bf7483c11ce078586db56aee00af958.jpgOne eye kind of perks out, as Blue wiggles and worms. Eying this purple haired chick a bit close. A tinge of red on her nose. One corner of his mouth would perk up, snatching the bottle from Blue. Taking a hearty a swig and popping it back into her hands. "Really Blue, then prove it. Maybe they'll stop showing up in my joint, and you can be stuck with those lazy assholes all day."

His attention shifts, a wide grin and one can swear they could see a tiny star on the edge of his teeth. "More the merrier, of course I make more than just desserts." Gesturing to his face and inflated ego with an outstretched thumb. Sticking out his tongue and snagging a slowly raising bottle from Blue's hands. "Unlike some 'cook' I know who keeps making yogurt." Letting it slip that he'd been checking up on his protégé.

Looking to Koga "Frying pan huh, weird weapon but ok. Nice to meet you, Koga." The sudden raise in volume was exactly the kinda aura he was looking for. "So, cards or something, now that we are getting a little more lively?"

Nari stands back a bit, watching the encounter between the others in the room – specifically this larger, louder man. He had glanced her way, giving her an odd look – nothing dangerous or harmful, but more than a curious glance. She wondered if she would somehow become the next target of his – and hoped that she would remain beyond that boundary for at least a time yet.

She glanced sideways at Astreya, wondering if she should suggest meeting some other people – but Astreya seemed content to remain here, at least for the moment. Sighing softly to herself, Nari realised she had no choice but to participate, at least a little bit.

“Well, if you truly are such a great cook…then…then what would you say is worth eating here?” Nari pointed her question at the tall man, trying to distract him from the sudden suggestion of cards – there was no way she was going down that dark road again. She still had nightmares about that…

“Astreya and I would like to know what’s worth indulging in. If you’d be so kind…” Nari smiled at Astreya, hoping the girl didn’t mind her inclusion in this.

@Astreya @Gaius

Spoiler

Word Count: 192