"New day," Lessa spoke aloud, to herself, as there was no one else in the shop. The smile she wore was easy, and well rested, as she had finally achieved a decent night's rest. It had been some time since she had been able to claim that, considering the violent nightmares and waves of guilt that plagued her evening hours. But the wounds were healing with time, and her own self-realizations had hastened the process. If this game was to be here prison, she could not spend all of her time sulking. There were still some beautiful things that lurked within the confines of SAO. Her own cloud of darkness had masked them, but she worked to find them again.

Besides, Lessa had picked up two orders in as many days. It had been months since she had made a piece of equipment for someone other than herself. When sheer pleasure had motivated her, the final product had not been to her liking. Perhaps these requests would help her find her focus again.

Spoiler

Failure
Good
Failure
Bad
Good
Uncommon

She grimaced. "Nope. Still no."

{Lessa loses 6 materials.}

Edited by Lessa
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunlight streamed through the front windows, but it could not cut through to the back of the shop. Instead, the heart of the Wild Rose Forge was lit by the fire in the corner. Its flames danced merrily, the crackling and popping reminiscent of the fires that Alyssa had enjoyed with her parents during frigid Michigan evenings. But this fire was much hotter, the air beside it hazy with the blistering heat. It streaked across Lessa's bare arms, dampening her skin with beads of salty sweat. Though the blacksmith was out of practice, the feeling was still familiar to her, and she did not rush to escape the fire's touch. Instead, she rather liked it. It seemed to breathe some life back into her, and such sensation was always welcome.

Spoiler

Uncommon
Good
Bad*
Good
Rare
Rare

Rolled a 15 on the LD. Material saved.

Lessa heaved a heavy sigh, her body deflating with disappointment. Not so bad, she reminded herself, but not what she had hoped for.

{Lessa loses 6 materials.}

Edited by Lessa
  • 3 years later...

Craft Attempts:

ID CD LD T1 Mats Lost EXP Gained
136601 13 0 2
136602 10 1 1
136603 16 1 3
136604 11 18 1 5
136605 19 1 3
136606 12 18 1 8

Summary: - 5 T1 Mats, +22 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Ursa Minor
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 5
Roll ID: 136603
Roll Result: 9
Item Type: One-Handed Straight Sword
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: DMG
Description: A basic silver sword with black accents.
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/4366-wild-rose-forge/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-597777

Name: Draco
Roll ID: 136604
Roll Result: 11
Item Type: Warhammer
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: DMG, DMG
Description: An enormous black and silver hammer with a faint etching of a dragon.
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/4366-wild-rose-forge/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-597777

Name: Sagitta
Roll ID: 136605
Roll Result: 8 
Item Type: Rapier
Description: A basic silver rapier with black accents.

Name: Pyxis
Roll ID: 136606
Roll Result: 12
Item Type: Rapier
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: ACC, ACC, ACC
Description: A sleek black rapier. The ornate guard is built of sweeping golden curves, and the pommel and handle are both a rich shade of purple.

Craft Attempts:

ID CD LD T1 Mats Lost EXP Gained
136687 2 4 1 1
136688 7 12 1 3
136689 4 9 1 2
136690 4 16 0 2
136691 1 1 1 1
136692 3 3 1 2

Summary: -5 T1 Mats, + 11 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Ursa Major
Roll ID: 136688
Roll Result: 7
Item Type: One-Handed Straight Sword
Description: A basic silver sword with black accents.
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/4366-wild-rose-forge/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-597863

• 2 months later...

Rank 6
Craft Attempts:

ID CD LD T3 Mats
Lost

EXP
Gained

Result
145477 9 8 1 3 Uncommon
145491 1 20 1 1 Fail
145492 5 14 0 2 Salvage
145493 10 15 1 5 Rare
145494 5 18 0 2 Salvage
145495 1 11 1 1 Fail
145496 6 1 1 3 Uncommon

Summary: -5 T3 Mats, + 17 EXP

Spoiler

1 uncommon T3 weapon, 1 uncommon T3 armor, 1 rare T3 armor.

Rank 6
Craft Attempts:

ID CD LD T3 Mats
Lost

EXP
Gained

Result
145859 6 20 1 3 Uncommon
145860 9 10 1 3 Uncommon
145861 4 3 1 2 Salvage
145862 6 7 1 3 Uncommon
145863 5 1 1 2 Salvage
145864 6 13 1 3 Uncommon
145865 8 10 1 3 Uncommon

Summary: - 7 T3 Mats, +19 EXP

Spoiler

5 Uncommon T3 weapons.

• 1 month later...

Rank 6
Craft Attempts:

ID CD LD T3 Mats
Lost

EXP
Gained

Result
152555 8 7 1 3 Uncommon
152556 3 4 1 2 Salvage
152557 12 8 1 8 Perfect
152558 5 9 1 2 Salvage
152559 2 9 1 2 Salvage
152560 12 20 1 8 Perfect
152561 9 3 1 3 Uncommon

Summary: - 7 T3 Mats, + 28 EXP

Spoiler

1 Uncommon T3 Weapon, 1 Uncommon T3 Armor

Name: Arcturus
Your Rank: 6
Roll ID: 152557
Item Type: Two-Handed Straight Sword
Tier: 3
Enhancements: DMG | DMG | DMG
Description: An ornate Claymore with gold and purple intertwined along the hilt. Inspired by the Greeks' "Guardian of the Bear," Arcturus glows with gold light.

Name: Galaxy Armor
Your Rank: 6
Roll ID: 152560
Item Type: Heavy Armor
Tier: 3
Enhancements: THORNS | THORNS | HEAVY MOMENTUM
Description: Silver armor with purple and gold accents. Faint swirls have been etched into the metal. 

• 3 weeks later...

He walked up to the Wild Rose Forge it had been a long time the last time he was here lessa had made his gauntlets which he still used he would open the door with his right had as he looked around the shop and smiled a bit. He was sure if she was busy or not.  He would grab a form on the front desk and begin to full it out he was looking for a T1 perfect armor with Holy Blessing 3 on it  he would put 10 mats in the form and would put the form on the desk and leave the shop. " i remembered when she first opened up now she lvl 6 black smith"

• 4 weeks later...

Rank 6
Lessa used Crafter's Respite (ID: 159184) acquired here.
Craft Attempts:

ID CD LD T3 Mats
Lost

EXP
Gained

Result
159811 7 19 1 3 Uncommon
159812 4 1 1 2 Salvage
159813 12 10 1 8 Perfect
159814 11 9 1 5 Rare
159815 11 5 1 5 Rare
159816 4 7 1 2 Salvage
159817 1 11 1 1 Crit Failure
ID CD LD T3 Mats
Lost

EXP
Gained

Result
159819 9 1 1 3 Uncommon
159820 3 11 0 2 Salvage
159821 10 2 1 5 Rare
159822 7 4 1 3 Uncommon
159823 2 11 1 1 Failure
159824 7 4 1 3 Uncommon
159825 3 9 1 2 Salvage

Summary: +8 Railroad Spikes, + 45 EXP, - 13 T1 Mats

• 8 months later...

Rank 6
Lessa used Crafter's Respite (ID: 159187) acquired here.
Craft Attempts:

ID CD LD Mats
Lost

EXP
Gained

Result
188321 11 7 1 5 Rare
188322 11 7 1 5 Rare
188323 8 10 1 3 Uncommon
188324 9 11 1 3 Uncommon
188325 4 17 0 2 Salvage
188326 5 4 1 2 Salvage
188327 4 8 1 2 Salvage
ID CD LD Mats
Lost

EXP
Gained

Result
188328 8 19 1 3 Uncommon
188329 2 19 1 1 Fail
188330 11 8 1 5 Rare
188331 4 5 1 2 Salvage
188332 9 11 1 3 Uncommon
188333 5 5 1 2 Salvage
188334 3 18 0 2 Salvage

Summary: +3 Rare 2HSS, +4 Uncommon 2HSS, + 40 EXP, - 12 Mats

CJ looks around the Town of Beginnings, overwhelmed over just how big it is. His jaw drops as he sees people chatting like normal pedestrians in this large town. He starts glancing around as he takes in his new surrounds. There's no way CJ was gonna find his friend as quickly as he might have been hoping.

He notices a green gem hovering above his head. What could this possibly mean? Just then, CJ overhears a couple of men walking past him.

"Hey, did you hear that there are some Orange Players outside of town?"

A red haired man dressed in a long dark blue coat asks his acquaintance next to him. CJ noticed they also had green gems floating above their heads. Could they possibly be other players of this game?

"Yeah, aren't they the ones who will kill other players even though if you die in this game it means death in the real world?"

The gentleman's acquaintance seems worried towards him. With a nod, the man shivered.

"That's them. We should get you a better weapon. Follow me to floor 2, I know just the place!"

Although not one to usually eavesdrop, CJ couldn't help but be worried about what he heard. If you die in this game, you die in real life? It was a terrifying thought for CJ. Last time he saw James though, he was still alive. That must mean he was alive. CJ turned his head to see who was speaking. He notices the younger person was wearing gear similar to his. Was he new too? CJ couldn't help but wonder if that means he would need a new weapon to survive too. It couldn't hurt.

"Excuse me. I'm new to this game. I over heard you talking, I'm sorry. Would you mind telling me where I might find a better weapon too?"

Shocked by the news. The man happily wrote down the directions and how to get there. Wild Rose Forge, and ask for Lessa. Easy enough direction. The man was even nice enough to explain the teleport gate to CJ. It was clear to CJ he would need to follow the rules of this world to survive. With that, he teleported to floor 2 and followed the directions given to him.

It took him much longer than expected, but eventually CJ found the large brick building with a sign painted "Wild Rose Forge." This must be the place. With a big gulp, CJ walked in. The place was extremely well kept. There seemed to be tools of all types on the wall with a crackling fire in the corner of the shop. Honestly, it had quite the home like feeling. CJ glanced around as he stepped inside, hoping to find someone.

"Um excuse me? I'm looking for Lessa?

Spoiler

Name: Black Bastion
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 6
ID: [leave blank]
Roll: [leave blank]
Item Type: 2HSS
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect or Rare
Enhancements: ACC | ACC or ACC | ACC | ACC
Description: A long two-handed black bladed sword with carvings in it.
Post Link: [leave blank]

The jingle of the bells at her door was something she hadn’t heard in a while. Even as the stranger stepped inside, Lessa stepped away from her forge and behind the counter. In that simple movement, she shifted from blacksmith to saleswoman. As she expected a mere traveler, she was startled when he requested her by name.

”I’m Lessa,” she answered with a grin. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” When the man explained his vision, Lessa nodded. “Sure, I can do that for you no problem. Just hang on one sec.”

A couple minutes later, she returned with his sword. “It’s only a rare, but it should get you started. If you can give me a little more time, I can make you something much better.”

Spoiler

Name: Black Bastion
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 6
ID: 188321
Roll: 11
Item Type: 2HSS
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: ACC | ACC
Description: A long two-handed black bladed sword with carvings in it.
Post Link: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/4366-wild-rose-forge/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-639225

CJ watched on as Lessa moved from her forge to the counter and introduced herself with a smile. CJ noticed the green gem floating above her head. She must be a player of the game too. Was Lessa her username then? CJ was unsure if people used their real names in this world or not. Still unsure of his environment though, CJ decided it was probably best to use his username for now.

"Hi there Lessa. My name is Roxis. I was recommended to come here if I was looking for a weapon."

Roxis proceeded to explain to her that he was new to this game and really didn't have a complete understanding of what was going on. He mentioned to her the kind of weapon he might be looking for. Though within a couple minutes, Lessa made a sword that looked perfect to the idea Roxis had pictured in his head. He was amazed by the craftsmanship of the long two handed blade and how she made it so quickly.

"Wow. That was amazing!"

Roxis wasn't quite sure by what Lessa meant by 'it's only a rare' but never the less the blade looked amazing to him. Roxis raised his finger and swiped down to open his menu as he saw others do before.

"How much do I owe you for this sword? It looks amazing to me and I'd love to have it."

• 1 month later...

It had been some time since <<Faustein>> had headed to the shop of a certain highly skilled Blacksmith named <<Macradon>> and put in an custom production request for his new T1 Perfect grade Assault Spear-type Giant Scalpel, the <<Fabrication Designation - Gungnir MK2>> which was essentially an upgraded version of his current standard Assault Spear-type Giant Scalpel, <<Fabrication Designation - Gungnir MK1>>. Since then, upon his return to his current base in the <<Town of Beginnings>>, he had gotten back to his ongoing and ever-burgeoning mad science research and his progressively more detailed study of the VRMMORPG world of SAO which was his main objective everyday when he was not otherwise engaged in quests. 

Hmm...the enemies are becoming increasingly tougher and far trickier as well...so perhaps it is time to acquire a secondary weapon just in case I happen upon a battle wherein my main weapon, the <<Gungnir MK2>> is separated from me...perhaps a Rapier will suffice for this purpose...

He mused silently while still languishing on his semi-firm bed at his usual inn whilst still in a half-asleep state due to having crashed completely after pulling what was basically another three sequential all-nighters since he was so inextricably engrossed in the advancement of his beloved research. While mulling over this idea for obtaining a custom made rapier as a secondary weapon to use as a backup in the event of disarmament by any target, <<Faustein>> slowly dragged himself out of bed and readied himself in his usual physician-scientist's outfit, this one being the new <<Svalinn MK2>>, while yawning briefly. After that was done, he strapped his <<Gungnir MK1>> into its holster which he had slung across his back and headed out of the inn and into the streets of the <<Town of Beginnings>>. Once there, he stretched lightly to wake himself up and purchased some freshly brewed coffee from a nearby vendor NPC while mulling over his current agenda silently

Now then, let's see...if memory serves, <<Lessa>> is also a highly accomplished Blacksmith...Perhaps it would be wise to commission her to create this custom Rapier. Yes, now that should help greatly with my ability to protect myself from attack during the course of my endless research...

With that thought in mind, he headed off as a brisk pace toward where said blacksmith's shop was located and after some effort he managed to reach his destination. After arrival, he entered and announced himself and greeted <<Lessa>>, his voice being his naturally rich, resonant baritone and melodious one

"Greetings, <<Lessa>>. I am here today to place a custom request for a one-handed rapier which you can see here. So, if you could please oblige me in crafting this custom weapon, I would greatly appreciate it."

Name: <<Fabrication Designation - Mistilteinn MK1>>
Item Type: Weapon 
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: ACC, DMG, Paralyze
Description: 

rOjlVE5.jpg?1

The <<Fabrication Designation - Mistilteinn MK1>> is Rapier type weapon that takes the form of a shikomizue or cane sword (shown in the image above). This weapon has two components and is made of three different high quality metals overall. The first is the scabbard which is made of a single, dark colored metal and which is unlike the regular scabbards seen on standard rapiers in that it takes the form of a harmless looking, but still solid-cast walking cane using by the old and infirm to support themselves while performing ambulatory activities. However, despite its innocuous appearance, its secret lies in the long, tapered, cylindrical hidden compartment it houses inside itself to securely hold the concealed sword part of the overall shikomizue/cane sword. The other is the concealed sword part of the overall shikomizue/cane sword and though this is technically classified as a Rapier-type sword, it is dissimilar to standard rapiers since it does not possess the usual complex and ornately designed guard situated at the intersection between the blade and the hilt.

The body of the hilt is made mostly of a dark colored metal and has a thick ring of metallic gold encircling the portion just before the beginning of the blade part. The pommel at the other end of this hilt takes the form of a solid-cast metallic golden skull which is connected to the rest of the hilt by a small, thick tubular piece which is also made of metallic gold. Finally, the blade portion is long, narrow, and cylindrical like that of a common, straight suturing needle used in certain surgical procedures with the tip tapering down to a short, razor-sharp needle-point. The overall design on the blade portion imbues this Rapier with the ability to allow <<Faustein>> to not only land his attacks on any given target with greater accuracy and precision than normal, but also has the ability to inflict higher damage than normal on said target as well as afflict the chosen target a transient paralytic state upon successful impact. This blade portion extends from the end of the hilt and secured in it by a long, roughly conical, silver-colored metallic brace and together with the hilt and scabbard, is designed to make this weapon look like nothing more than an innocuous, regular walking cane to any beholder. 

Post Link: [Leave Blank]

With that said, <<Faustein>> fell silent and waited for <<Lessa>> to accept his request after which he transferred over the agreed upon price of 4x Mats as a production fee for this custom request. 

OOC:

-Appearance (CREDIT TO DORAN 2019 FOR ARTWORK):

cNkIWMc.jpg

----

Summary: 

- Turned in Request Form to <<Lessa>> for custom order of a T1 Perfect grade Rapier aka, <<Fabrication Designation - Mistilteinn MK1>> for <<Faustein>>

- 4x Mats paid to <<Lessa>> as the production fee for this custom request by <<Faustein>>

Edited by Faustein