(PP-F8) Overcoming as a Whole (PP) (Complete)

Upon hearing that the monster they were going to fight was able to turn into another player, Sol began to fear for his own mental safety. "....Not good." He peered around to see if anyone else he knew showed up. "Lets see... Who all...?" He spots Pyro, the girl he bought a health crystal from, and Sousuke. "No Destiny? Goo-" Just as he finished his verbal thoughts, he spots her over next to Crozeph. "...Not good." He shook his head and decided to try and not worry about her safety, she seemed to have a good partner to protect her for the time being. "Alright so, this monster deal 5 damage but loses accuracy on his attack against another player. Is there any way you can tell who he transforms into?" Sol was clearly concerned with that fact. Considering his last quest he embarked on nearly made him crazy.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arekkusu then turned his head towards Sol to reply to his question. His research has gone that far luckily, but it was a bit hard to explain.

"These enemies were designed to not just mess with players physically." Arekkusu answered. "But mentally as well... every one of them can scan players and their information. It was done on me last time I fought, and I almost got wrecked. It can transform into just about anybody among the group, and if they use your information to do this, then you could break down emotionally, and that is when they will strike you tauntingly, the person you hate killing you. It is just about the worst way to die. So to avoid this, make sure they don't scan you, to do this, attack it while your screen is green. If your screen is green, you are being scanned. If it is red, you have been scanned completely, then you're in trouble."

Crozeph listened as Arekkusu spreads the info but in all honesty, he didn't like it when it transforms to someone from the party "I don't mind getting emotionally challenged" he mumbled. Crozeph has his emotions intact ever since he grew up though there is one thing that troubles him most "now is not the time to act irrational, we need tactics for this one" he said. Crozeph knew that it the monster will go hard on them, Crozeph would enjoy it triggering his bloodthirsty nature which he faced on one quest he took and considering that the monster inflict decent damage, it will be his end before he even goes on a warpath "let's just hope someone would snap me out of it" he said to himself. There were lots of reason for his death if he goes in without thinking and just go head to head with the monster but on the other side he couldn't stop it, it was the part of his nature that he tried avoiding and now hearing the info from Arekkusu just made him feel more scared of himself "it would seem that I need to keep my other side calm" he thought. Diana is also there and Sousuke, two of his relatives with him and it didn't seem right in his mind to let them perish on such battle. It would seem that this battle will not end easily in their hands.

Pyro tapped her chin, nodding as Arekkusu explained. 'I'm a tough nut to crack. I can't even feel sadness in the first place!' She tells herself. Pyro holds out one hand and slams her first into the other. "Bring it on! I'm gonna smash this monster's head in, and then pull out its spine and-" Pyro covers her mouth with both hands, embarrassed at her outburst. She looks down and plays with a ring on her thumb and blushes. "Sorry in advance for my outbursts and childish behavior..."

Sol took this information to heart. This was not good to his psyche. "At least you can have that chance to prevent that from happening..." He got into a mood that could encourage good morale. "With this many of us, We should be a-okay!" He smiled as he looked around at the players that gathered. "We definitely got this covered. We can't let this creature toy with our loved ones and ourselves. We will defeat such a beast! And we will prevail with no casualties!" His little outbreak hopefully boosted everyone's morale, but not his sadly. Sol knew one thing, He will die to protect those around him, After all he said to himself that he would be that hero he wants to be.

Destiny let go of her hold on Christoff’s neck.  She stood there rather quiet.  Destiny thought about all Arekkusu was saying about how the monster could morph into other players and how much damage it could do.  She was unsure.  There were plenty of demons in her closet that she had yet to tell anyone.  Not Sousuke, Christoff or even Sol.  Destiny looked around at all the other’s they seemed so confident about their abilities and that together as a group they could defeat it.  â€œI just… I don’t know.† She thought to herself.  “I just made friends…† 

"Anyone with further questions before we proceed?" Arekkusu asked, making sure his group was informed. He will only give information if asked for it, so he made sure that all questions were answered before they travel their way towards one of the Dark Metal Player Eliminators. They were rare, so they had to travel altogether or get caught otherwise in a deadly attack.

Sol grips his Spear and smirks. "I'm as ready as I can get." He prepares for the worst in this fight, and he has made it his priority to prevent players from dying, stop him from transforming into one of the people he cares for and himself. "Any Idea where he hangs around at? and would we be able to get a surprise attack on him? Like bait him into a better tactical advantage?"

Destiny nodded in agreement with what Sousuke said.  “Alright, with Christoff.† She thought.  Destiny took in a deep breath.  She did her best to contain her fear; but she wasn’t sure how evident it was to the others, especially Sol.  â€œAt least Claim is here...†she thought to herself.  Still it hurt her a bit, she had so many people to worry about.  Destiny attempted to fight back her doubts, but the more they talked about their impended battle the more it grew stronger.  “Can we just get going already?† she said in a stern tone.  “I’m sick of waiting here.†

Destiny glared at Sol.  "He was late to this..." she thought to herself.  He is always late to everything.  Not to mention he hadn't talked to her more than a few days. 

"We will advance to the empty fields, where no one is looking except for us all." Arekkusu said. "They attack in isolated places, so that's where we will be going, all right?"

Without waiting for an answer, he started walking with his blade unsheathed, he was ready. His partner for this fight was Pyro, a healer. That was good, someone who could keep his health up is a good thing. Arekkusu continued walking, then looked behind to see if everyone else in the group will follow his lead. Or his once was lead.

Crozeph patted Diana's head before moving forward then he looked back at her "you'll be doing fine, I'm sure you know the players here..." Crozeph looked forward now ready to take on the monster "remember, that we have strength in numbers" he said to them "if that thing deals five damage, let's return the favor to it by dealing more than five" he said smiling "we know what's real and what's not, morphing into someone we love is too easy" he said. Crozeph knew that they need to stay strong and he hopes that his words and his curve sword will help them be stronger.

He smiled at sol as he said " Hey each good hit calls for a drink when were done" He walked up to him he knew how his skill could keep him self alive. his sword was this sheathed as he mumbled " turn up the death"   He thought to him self this shouldn't last that long with the damage that the groups could do even if someone had a mob grenade that was so many turns of free hits that could add up fast. HIs eyes turned that soulless icy white as he could wait for the thing to spawn in.

Sol grins upon Claim mentioning a drink. "I could use a drink after all I've been through lately man..." He let out a sigh as he listened to Claim mutter the words 'Turn up the death'. He chuckled lightly and said back to him. "And turn down for loot." He chuckles at his cheesy joke, He really could use the laugh to keep his mind off of things. "Alright, Claim, I got your back bro." He mentioned as he pulled out his Spear to ready up for a joint assault against the Metal Player Eliminator.

Destiny  winced at Christoff’s pat on the head.  She thought about what Christoff said about knowing other players here, “Yeah… Know is an understatement.  Especially for some people here.†She thought to herself.  She looked around at the different groups of two, and ended her gaze at Sol.  She crossed her arms and huffed a bit.  Destiny wanted to tear him a new one, she wanted to scream and yell at him.  But she refused to talk to him.  “A fiery pit in hell…†she said softly to herself.

“Umm…. Yeah give damage…†she said, repeating what Christoff said.  “Gosh, you’re so positive.†She thought as she looked at her cousin who was smiling.  “Oh so positive.† She proceeded to listen to his speech of positivist. “Knowing what’s real….†She thought.  Destiny was skeptical… If this place wasn't so ‘real’ why was it that if they died here they died in the real world that they knew.  â€œYeah…A sense of reality and fiction illustrating the ease of morphing into someone we love…†she said softly to herself.  Destiny was a bit beyond skeptical and worried  now.  It was a mixture of emotions that she was feeling.  It was as if she was drowning between the anger she felt, and the sense of impending danger; it was taking her whole. 

Arekkusu went with the group, hoping that Pyro had followed him as well as the group then. There were friendships, there were rivalries, but everyone in the group will have to put all conflict behind them if they want to live at the end of all this. The Metal Player Eliminator was hard to find, but there was one way to attract a Dark one. Arekkusu pulled out his blade and ran past the group quickly, making sure that he was alone. He was alone, so hopefully they can get ready for battle.

Arekkusu then felt a vibration in his body. His screen was turning green, the enemy was there! Arekkusu looked around. "Look around!" Arekkusu exclaimed. "The Eliminator is here! Repeat, the Eliminator is here!"

Arekkusu explain this boss they will fight on this floor. Namely Metal Player Eliminator, the name itself could turn a player into a coward. Its ability pose some problem as it can morph into another player, messing with their mental state.

"Great..just what I need... As if I didn't have enough mental problem on my hand right now..."

Most of the player aren't that close to me except for Arekkusu, therefore if the monster turn into them I won't have problem to strike it down. Moreover, the five damage it inflicted won't hurt me that much.

Or at least, that's what I thought. 

Thinking back, can I even raise my sword at another player? Acting like a tough guy won't help anyone in this group. I slap my cheeks until it turn red, throwing away that heroic thoughts of mine. They all need to work together in this situation, friend or no friend for their survival.

Just as I want to ask the formation for our battle, Arekkusu shout.

No time for little discussion. Well, they've discuss much already. Drawing my sword from the sheath, I ready myself for the boss.

"Counting on you, Arekkusu. Give us the orders and we'll bash this Eliminator!"

Sousuke felt the ground shake it was like the earth split apart and he saw the hulking beast begin to approach. He Unsheathed his sword and held it loosely by his side in his right hand, in his left he held Manta hand and gave her a gentle squeeze to reassure her everything would be ok. Things were about to get tense. He called to Arekkusu. ''Arek bring up its stats!'' waiting for the interface to appear.  

Manta listened as he explained further about the mob. She unsheathed her sword nervously, her smile shrinking bit by bit. Then the ground shook. Apparenly they were being attacked anyway. They didnt even have to go anywhere. How convenient... She still didnt understand what they were doing. "Hey. Sousuke... Are we switching out or are we all just attacking?" She glanced arpund nervously.