[SHOP-F1] Gurando Foji (The Grand Forge) {Rank 9 Smith}

"Ah, I'm Arc," he responded quickly when the man introduced himself. He immediately presumed the man to be proprietor of this forge, since there were no particular NPCs visibly running the show. "Nice place you got here," he praised, though still awkward in his footing. It wasn't everyday a person entered a Blacksmith's shop in the year 2024.

His trade skills were far too low to be of any use identifying or appraising any of the weapons or armor, but most of that information was prelisted nearby for convenience. "I still have starter gear," the man admitted, "so I wanted to see what higher level equipment was like."

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I walked in the store to find lots of lots of shields that could suit me well. However, after trying out all of them, I still could not find the right feeling because they weren't as powerful as I would've liked. I decide to make an order form so that I could finally be provided with the shield of my dreams. I quickly filled out the order form provided for me.

Name: The Phantom Protector

Profession: (Blacksmith)
ID: (Leave Blank)
Roll: (Leave Blank) [Leave Blank]
Item Type: Shield
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: 2X Damage Mitigation and 1X Thorn
Description: The Phantom Protector is small enough to be effectively wielded in battle during acrobatic situations. It is extremely small yet extremely effective in protecting its owner from battle damage.

After filling out the form, I left 6 MATS and left the store.

-6 MATS

"Ah, I'm Arc," he responded quickly when the man introduced himself. He immediately presumed the man to be proprietor of this forge, since there were no particular NPCs visibly running the show. "Nice place you got here," he praised, though still awkward in his footing. It wasn't everyday a person entered a Blacksmith's shop in the year 2024.

His trade skills were far too low to be of any use identifying or appraising any of the weapons or armor, but most of that information was prelisted nearby for convenience. "I still have starter gear," the man admitted, "so I wanted to see what higher level equipment was like."

The dark haired player was quick to respond as he introduced himself as Arc. Offering a handshake, the blonde replied  just as quickly. "Thanks and nice to meet you Arc." Arc then admitted that he was just window shopping the selection. "Well we all have to start somewhere I suppose. Though my wares aren't of the greatest quality. How about this, since I'll be closing the shop down for some time, you can pick and two uncommon items you like and take them with you free of charge. Sound like a deal?" The smith didn't usually offer his stuff for free, but today he felt generous and would like to close out with a bang. 

I walked in the store to find lots of lots of shields that could suit me well. However, after trying out all of them, I still could not find the right feeling because they weren't as powerful as I would've liked. I decide to make an order form so that I could finally be provided with the shield of my dreams. I quickly filled out the order form provided for me.

Name: The Phantom Protector

Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: 2X Damage Mitigation and 1X Thorn
Description: The Phantom Protector is small enough to be effectively wielded in battle during acrobatic situations. It is extremely small yet extremely effective in protecting its owner from battle damage.

After filling out the form, I left 6 MATS and left the store.

-6 MATS

Order Declined.

July 7th-

[23240] CD: 6 (5+1)

[23241] CD: 5 (4+1)

[23242] CD: 3 (2+1)

[23243] LD: 7 (6+1) Salvage Fail

[23244] CD: 10 (9+1)

[23245] CD: 2 (1+1)

[23246] CD: 12 (12+1)

[23247] CD: 10 (9+1)

[23248] CD: 9 (8+1)

The days had ticked by. Slow and grueling had the time passed by. The dust had settled and the shop stood untouched. A hand reached for the knob. A slight turn left and full turn right, unlocked the shop from the outside. The bell dinged as he stepped in the building for the first time in a week or so. Though for the smith, it felt like a lifetime. He ran his finger along the dust covered counter before rounding it and heading to the forge. He would have to clean another time. Tonight he focused on orders. He had gathered three days worth of materials and intended to use them all. The forge warmed and though he was a little rusty he managed to craft a few rares and one of the items he owed Lowenthal. Turning the flames off, he documented his results and closed up for the day. Sure to be back the next day.

Name: (Jaegermeister)

ID: (23244)
Roll: (10) [9+1]
Item Type: (Heavy Armor Chestplate)
Quality: (Rare)
Enhancements: (+2 Damage Mitigation)
Description: (An armor chestplate crafted from white onyx and boar bone. Provides decent protection.)

Name: (Pridwen)

ID: (23246)
Roll: (12) [12+1]
Item Type: (Shield)
Quality: (Perfect)
Enhancements: (+1 Paralysis and +2 Thorns)
Description: (The shield of King Arthur. According to Welsh tradition, the shield was called Wynebgwrthucher. In the Welsh poem, the Spoils of Annwfn, the Pridwen was actually the original name of Arthur's ship.)

Name: (Exaltese)

ID: (23247)
Item Type: (Heavy Armor Chestplate)
Enhancements: (+2 Thorns)
Description: (An armor chestplate crafted from emerald onyx and taurus horns. Provides a thorny protection.)

+27 XP

866/1280 XP

youno entered the shop, looking for a new armor piece, her gaze fell upon a certain helmet, and she picked it up. She walked to the counter, and set down 3 materials for the head piece, Thank you Oikawa! Here is the payment!

Name: (Helm of Bledrinkar II)

ID: (7689)

Roll: (11)

Item Type: (Helm)

Enhancements: (+1 Bleed and +1 Accuracy)

Description: (A dark closed helmet crafted with crimson ore. The overall helmet is black and finished with a dark red trim. The visor is blackened red color, with a slight tinge of grey.)

-5 Materials
+1 (Helm of Bledrinkar II)

+5 Materials

-1 Helm of Bledrinkar II

Clarence finally found the Shop, Oikawa's shop. After he went mat hunting he finally decided to come here, place an order, and start setting up his shop. Just getting here was difficult though. { Here we go, hate meeting new people. well, I have met him before, just barely. It was at the Absolute Pin meeting. Wow times have changed. Now I am with Lowenthal and in his guild <<Velvet Room>> Wonder if he knows me. wait, he is the one who got me the Dagger } Clarence's thoughts trailed off as he entered the shop, smelling burning Metal. "Oikawa? I am here to Place an order if that is okay. I have 8 Materials for you. i know the Price is 6. But, you did make me my Dagger. So here is a little Tip. oh Wait! Yeah I am Clarence by the way."  Clarence called out to the shop and hopped he was there. Clarence wrote down his order and placed, the 8 Mats sitting there and he went ot leave.

Name: (Alchemist's Ladle)

Item Type: (Leave Blank)
Quality: (Perfect.)
Enhancements: (+1 Crafting Dice)
Description: (A thin metal Ladle that is enchanted to assist the user in Crafting and making Potions and other concoctions of  the Alchemical sort)

Clarence finally found the Shop, Oikawa's shop. After he went mat hunting he finally decided to come here, place an order, and start setting up his shop. Just getting here was difficult though. { Here we go, hate meeting new people. well, I have met him before, just barely. It was at the Absolute Pin meeting. Wow times have changed. Now I am with Lowenthal and in his guild <<Velvet Room>> Wonder if he knows me. wait, he is the one who got me the Dagger } Clarence's thoughts trailed off as he entered the shop, smelling burning Metal. "Oikawa? I am here to Place an order if that is okay. I have 8 Materials for you. i know the Price is 6. But, you did make me my Dagger. So here is a little Tip. oh Wait! Yeah I am Clarence by the way."  Clarence called out to the shop and hopped he was there. Clarence wrote down his order and placed, the 8 Mats sitting there and he went ot leave.

Item Type: (Leave Blank)
Quality: (Perfect.)
Description: (A thin metal Ladle that is enchanted to assist the user in Crafting and making Potions and other concoctions of  the Alchemical sort)

Order Accepted

+8 Materials

July 9th-

[23560] CD: 3 (2+1)

[23561] LD: 6 (5+1) Salvage Fail

[23562] CD: 10 (9+1)

[23563] CD: 6 (5+1)

[23564] CD: 9 (8+1)

[23565] CD: 10 (9+1)

[23566] CD: 4 (3+1)

[23567] CD: 12 (11+1)

[23568] CD: 9 (8+1)

The dust unsettled as Oikawa stepped into the shop once more. Having had another personal request come through, he had no time to wander about when people were in need of weapons. Sparking the forge, he equipped his gloves and prepared the materials while it warmed. Once primed, the blonde laced the materials on the table and began to craft. His crafts for the day were very reminiscent of the day before. Resulting in two rares and a perfect just like before. Documenting his crafts, he finished off Lemon's order and prepared to have it sent. Cleaning up, he exited the forge once more.

Name: (Harbinger)

ID: (23247)
Item Type: (One-Handed Straight Sword)
Enhancements: (+2 Damage)
Description: (A sword forged from the soul of and <Alpha Dire Wolf>.  The blade is sharper than wolf fang ingrained into it.)

Name: (Bakuzan Koryu)

ID: (23565)
Item Type: (One-Handed Curved Sword)
Description: (The longer half of the Katana, Bakuzan. Deals exceptional damage as it can nearly cut through anything.)

Name: (Caliburn)

ID: (23567)
Roll: (12) [11+1]
Enhancements: (+2 Bleed and +1 Paralyze)
Description: (Is the legendary of King Arthur sometimes attributed with magical powers. It does not however, have magical powers.)

+29 XP

895/1280 XP

Lowenthal entered the shop, surprised to find it 'closed' "Hey Oikawa. Glad to hear you finally got those items done. Probably means that you're not swamped anymore." Lowenthal said, laughing. Lowenthal added the shield and sword to his inventory. "I know just the guy, who's going to love these." Lowenthal said, leaving Col on the counter. "And as promised. Now I bid you, adieu." Lowenthal said, taking his leave.

-1900 Col

+ 'Pridwen' and 'Caliburn'

Name: (Caliburn)

ID: (23567)
Description: (Is the legendary of King Arthur sometimes attributed with magical powers. It does not however, have magical powers.)

Name: (Pridwen)
ID: (23246)
Enhancements: (+1 Paralysis and +2 Thorns)
Description: (The shield of King Arthur. According to Welsh tradition, the shield was called Wynebgwrthucher. In the Welsh poem, the Spoils of Annwfn, the Pridwen was actually the original name of Arthur's ship.)

Lowenthal entered the shop, surprised to find it 'closed' "Hey Oikawa. Glad to hear you finally got those items done. Probably means that you're not swamped anymore." Lowenthal said, laughing. Lowenthal added the shield and sword to his inventory. "I know just the guy, who's going to love these." Lowenthal said, leaving Col on the counter. "And as promised. Now I bid you, adieu." Lowenthal said, taking his leave.

-1900 Col

+ 'Pridwen' and 'Caliburn'

The sound of the ringing bell caught Oikawa off guard considering his shop was supposed to be closed. As he looked up, he instantly recognized his ginger rival, Lowenthal as he approached the counter. "I was never actually swamped to be honest, I just didn't have any materials and I wanted to take a break. That aside, here you go man." The shield and sword materialized before them as the transaction was completed. "Well whomever it is, is lucky to get such great gifts. I remember my first free perfect. Santa gave it to me haha. But I suppose that's a tale for another time." As Lowenthal left the shop, Oikawa went back to starting up the furnace he had some crafts to do.

+1900 Col

-1 Pridwen

-1 Caliburn

July 10th-

1. [23998] CD: 12 (12+1)

2. [23999] CD: 3 (2+1)

[24000] LD: 11 (10+1) Salvage Fail

3. [24001] CD: 10 (9+1)

4. [24002] CD: 2 (1+1)

5. [24003] CD: 2 (1+1)

6. [24004] CD: 5 (4+1)

7. [24005] CD: 8 (7+1)

8. [24007] CD: 12 (11+1)

The furnace crackled to life as Oikawa ignited the coals. Materials were withdrawn from a drawer and laid out in fashion that made them easy to grab for use. Selecting a rather high grade metal ore, the blonde placed it into the flames and allowed it to warm as he prepped his hammer. Once ready, he began to craft. First a perfect. Followed by a fail, two rares, three useless crafts, and uncommon, and another perfect. A well met day of crafting to say the least. Having completed Clarence's order, the blonde placed the items in the evaluation bin and logged his gains for the day. Shutting down the furnace, he exited the shop and prepared for another couple of days off. 

ID: (23998)
Roll: (12) [12+ 1]
Item Type: (Tool)
Description: (A thin metal Ladle that is enchanted to assist the user in Crafting and making Potions and other concoctions of  the Alchemical sort.)

Name: (Calamity Blade)

ID: (24000)
Roll: (11) [10+1]
Description: (A simple metal blade crafted to deal a decent chunk of damage to enemies of the wielder.)

Name: (Twinspark Sword)

ID: (24001)
Enhancements: (+2 Paralysis)
Description: (A thin yellow metalloid blade crafted to induce paralysis on most hits.)

Name: (Wolf Fang)

ID: (24005)
Roll: (8) [7+1]
Item Type: (One-Handed Dagger)
Quality: (Uncommon)
Enhancements: (+1 Bleed)
Description: (A small white dagger with a wolf fang engraved into the handle.  Draws blood from it's opponent's.)

Name: (Twinblood Blade)

ID: (24007)
Item Type: (One-Handed Rapier)
Enhancements: (+1 Damage and +2 Bleed)
Description: (A crimson red blade locked in place by a gold and black handle. The golden cross-guard cup, protects the users hand from damage.)

+29 XP

924/1280 XP

When Wordcaster had heard that Oikawa had closed up shop for a while, he'd thought that he'd have to wait a while before his order would be processed. He was surprised a few days later when he received a message telling him that his items had been ready for some time. Quisani had hustled over to pick them up. Despite the "closed" sign hanging in the window he entered. He saw Dawn's Strike and Dusk's Relent sitting behind the counter. "Good afternoon, Oikawa. I see my order is ready." He picked up the hammer and shield to judge their weight. "Gonna have to get used to the shield, but both feel pretty good, as far as I can tell. This is much appreciated, blacksmith. With any luck on my part, you'll have a repeat customer. " Wordcaster added them to his inventory. He stopped to nod at Oikawa as he turned to leave. 

Walking up the road, he felt like he was finally ready to take on this world.

+Dawn's Strike
+Dusk's Relent

When Wordcaster had heard that Oikawa had closed up shop for a while, he'd thought that he'd have to wait a while before his order would be processed. He was surprised a few days later when he received a message telling him that his items had been ready for some time. Quisani had hustled over to pick them up. Despite the "closed" sign hanging in the window he entered. He saw Dawn's Strike and Dusk's Relent sitting behind the counter. "Good afternoon, Oikawa. I see my order is ready." He picked up the hammer and shield to judge their weight. "Gonna have to get used to the shield, but both feel pretty good, as far as I can tell. This is much appreciated, blacksmith. With any luck on my part, you'll have a repeat customer. " Wordcaster added them to his inventory. He stopped to nod at Oikawa as he turned to leave. 

Walking up the road, he felt like he was finally ready to take on this world.

+Dawn's Strike

+Dusk's Relent

-1 Dawn's Strike

-1 Dusk's Relent

July 11th-

1. [24192] CD: 5 (4+1)

2. [24193] CD: 4 (3+1)

3. [24194] LD: 8 (7+1)

4. [24195] CD: 6 (5+1)

5. [24196] CD: 3 (2+1)

6. [24197] CD: 12 (11+1)

7. [24198] CD: 6 (5+1)

8. [24199] CD: 3 (2+1)

[24200] LD: 4 (3+1) Salvage Fail

Coals sparked and crackled as a fire lit within the furnace. Materials were laid out in preparation for crafting. A blonde smith walked from the edge of the room to the door way as he collected his hammer and gloves. Once outfitted, he begin feeding the materials into the furnace and beginning hi crafting process. His en results were fairly decent. A collection of 2 Bad Items,  four Good Items, an Uncommon Item, and a Perfect Item. Logging his crafts, he cleaned out the furnace; making sure to remove the soot and ash as well as dumping his trash bin. Once that was complete he made his way back tot he front of the stores as he waited for some customers.

Name: (Blackened Fool's Axe)

ID: (24194)
Roll: (8) [7+1]
Item Type: (Two-Handed Battle Axe)
Quality: (Uncommon)
Enhancements: (+1 Damage)
Description: (A gold and black dual sided battle Axe. Crafted from fool's gold ore as well as necro ingots.)

Name: (Bakuzan)

ID: (24197)
Item Type: (Two-Handed Curved Sword)
Enhancements: (+3 Damage)
Description: (A black bladed katana. It is strong enough to cut through most armors.)

+21 XP

945/1280 XP

Clarence was told that his order was in and Clarence quickly made his way over to the shop, still forgetting the way to the shop. After about 10 Minutes of trail and error of the location of the Shop, Clarence finally found the store. {Right when I get my Item, I can finally start crafting again. I got a message from Zelrius. He has an enormous order of a lot of different types of Potions. not sure why. But, can't argue with Business I suppose } Clarence thought to himself and walked over the entrance door of the store. "I'm here to pick up my order." Clarence yelled and walked over to the desk, seeing the Tool."Thank you!" Clarence yelled and Left.

+1 Alchemist Ladle.

Clarence was told that his order was in and Clarence quickly made his way over to the shop, still forgetting the way to the shop. After about 10 Minutes of trail and error of the location of the Shop, Clarence finally found the store. {Right when I get my Item, I can finally start crafting again. I got a message from Zelrius. He has an enormous order of a lot of different types of Potions. not sure why. But, can't argue with Business I suppose } Clarence thought to himself and walked over the entrance door of the store. "I'm here to pick up my order." Clarence yelled and walked over to the desk, seeing the Tool."Thank you!" Clarence yelled and Left.

+1 Alchemist Ladle.

The bell rang and surprised the blonde yet again. I could've sworn I flipped the sign to close and put an announcement on the door. Who is it? Looking up, he spotted a familiar and frequent customer. That customer being Clarence. As he stepped inside, he announced his reasoning for stepping in. Remembering the order, the blonde retrieved the requested craft and placed it on his counter. Retrieving the tool, Clarence voiced his thanks and stepped back out. Shrugging, Oikawa went back to formulating a plan for his shop once it reopened. He also had other business to attend to. That being said, he dimmed the lights and got back to work.

-1 Alchemist Ladle

Klick walked up to the shop reading "Gurando Foji" He wondered what it would sell so he walked in. He saw weapons everywhere. He was surprise, and felt lucky. he was getting tired of his weak shield and wanted something stronger. Still weak at japanese speaking. He wrote down a request and placed it on the counter. (English)"I hope... i dont have to say much"

gives 6 mat for shield

Item: Embargo

Quality: Perfect
Enchantments: +1 Thorn, 1 safeguard, 1 Paralyze

Description: A black heater shield with neon purple outline and a Yellow gem in the center. Yellow runes are carved around the gem which gives the shield a chance to halt an attacker in their place.

gives 6 mat for shield

Item: Embargo

Quality: Perfect

Enchantments: +1 Thorn, 1 safeguard, 1 Paralyze

Description: A black heater shield with neon purple outline and a Yellow gem in the center. Yellow runes are carved around the gem which gives the shield a chance to halt an attacker in their place.

The bell of the front door sounded as a new fellow walked in. His eyes lit up as he examined everything the blonde's shop had to offer. He glanced over weapons and shields, and seemed to be in awe by the sight. Stepping to the counter, Oikawa waited while the man scanned the rest of his wares. As the customer snagged an order, form, Oikawa walked to the back and prepared the furnace. Returning to the front, the customer seemed to have vanished. Leaving only the order form behind. Taking it, Oikawa started work on it as soon as he entered the forge again.

July 20th-

1. [25286] CD: 12 (11+1)

The forge was dusty, another week had gone by without use. The blonde dusted the forging room. Removing the dust and soot that had collected since his last visit. Warming the forge, he placed a few materials on the table. A favor had been asked of him. A shield with an array of qualities had been requested and being a shield user himself, Oikawa decided not to turn him away despite the status of his shop. Once warmed he placed a material inside. moments later he took his hammer and pounded away. The shield took shape and glowed as perfection settled in. Satisfied with his crafting, he documented the craft and closed up shop.

Name: (Embargo)

ID: (25286)
Enhancements: (+1 Thorns, +1 Safe-Guard and +1 Paralyze)
Description: (A black heater shield with neon purple outline and a Yellow gem in the center. Yellow runes are carved around the gem which gives the shield a chance to halt an attacker in their place.)

+8 XP

953/1280 XP

Klick walked up to the shop reading "Gurando Foji" He wondered if his item was done. He saw weapons everywhere. He was surprise, and felt lucky. he was getting tired of his weak shield and wanted something stronger. Still weak at japanese speaking. He wrote down a request and placed it on the counter. (English)"Thank you"

Klick recieved the item, and was thankful. Now with his new shield he knew he could take on these evasive mobs without much trouble. Klick bow thanking the player and left his shop.

July 25th-

[25585] CD: 12 (11+1)

[25586] CD: 12 (12+1)

The battle was today. Oikawa knew, more or less, what he was in store for. That being said, he need two new and specific weapons. Lighting the furnace, he grabbed a few materials and warmed them. Once ready he took them out and began the process. After a couple hours of gritted work, the blonde smiled as he polished off the newest additions to his personal inventory. Placing them in the evaluation bin, he made the notes in his ledger and logged his crafts. Shutting down the furnace, he cleaned up his little mess and headed off towards the arena. Today he had a bout with an old friend.

Name: (Aegis)

ID: (25585)
Enhancements: (+2 Safe-Guard and +1 Paralyze)
Description: (A fearsome shield crafted of gold-like scale snake skin, bearing an imprint of that of Medusa.)

Name: (Fenrir's Malice)

ID: (25586)
Item Type: (One-Handed Rapier)
Description: (When unsheathed, the black blade shimmers as the Augite mineral laden blade gleams from the source of light. The blade is tipped with ruby while the cup is gold-like and centered with a topaz gem.)

+16 XP

969/1280 XP