[SHOP-F1] Gurando Foji (The Grand Forge) {Rank 9 Smith}

Zandra have been away exploring a forest on the western side of floor 1. She walked as far as she could. Then almost at the border she remembered she had a mail months ago that she didnt open. She opened her inbox and saw it was from Oikawa. Her order was complete. Hope he havent sold it to someone else. She quickly closed the menus and headed back to his shop.

When she reached his shop it was a sign saying it was closed. Hopefully he maybe was inside eitherway. She walked to the door and knocked. When noone opened the door she kncked again. After a while a screen popped up infront of her.

It told me to enter my username. A new screen poped up with my daggers transaction. I accpeted it. A second later a notice of new items in my inventory and reduced Col showed. When I looked in the inventory I saw the dagger was there. I equipped it to look at the beutiful dagger Oikawa had forged for me while I walk away from the shop.

+1 x Claw of the northern ice-dragon

Item Type: One-handed dagger

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: +2 Dmg +1 Accuracy

Edited by Zandra Zvift
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Takao's seemingly aimless wandering had lead him to a shop on the first floor, one of particular renown despite its apparent inactivity. Yet now, it seemed open, so he approached the doors and stepped inside. Like most of the other shops he had visited in the past, he immediately noticed a set of forms used for custom orders. The brunet took one and began to hastily filled it out, then left it among the other orders as well as a small heap of relevant materials as an advanced payment.

- -

-8 Materials

Name: Lex Talonis

Profession: (Blacksmith)
ID: (Leave Blank)
Roll: (Leave Blank) [Leave Blank]
Item Type: Shield
Enhancements: 2 Paralyze / 1 Safe-Guard
Description: Lex Talonis is a heater shield made of steel and simplistic in design. The outer surface of the shield is a brushed steel texture, dyed dark grey, and embellished with a white design in the vague shape of an eye. The shield attaches to the user's arm through the usage of straps, which also allow for it to be stored on the back for ease of access.
Edited by Takao

The forge. Dusty beyond cleaning and certainly in need of an air freshener. The armor and weapon displays were covered in cobwebs and dust bunnies alike, giving the shop an abandoned look. Which given the situation, it had been. But having returned, the blonde heaved a deep sigh as he moved to the closet and prepared the cleaning kits. Not bothering to dwell on the task at hand, he quickly went to work o returning the shop to it's former glory.

Just as he was finishing the counter, a bell chimed. A sound he hadn't heard in a long while. One that brought him happiness to be honest. Pushing the supplies behind the counter, he turned to see a brunette he may have encountered before. Nodding a silent hello, he watched as the player filled out an order form and placed in pile along with previously completed orders. Without so much a word, he waved goodbye as he retrieved the paper and inspected its contents.

Hmm a shield wielder. Looks like they are becoming more and more popular. Only time will tell if those wielding them will stand the test of time. Pushing the door open, he headed for the furnace and began to warm it. He was a bit rusty, but fel at ease as he slipped on his Fireproof gloves and gathered the materials the stranger had left along with his request.

The fire crackled to life as the coal glowed inside the furnace. Eight materials laid across a table in preparation. Selecting one, the blonde produced his hammer and began to mold them. The first three items were lackluster to say the least. One even resulting in fail so bad he had to attempt to salvage it. However the next were decent but not yet perfect. The blonde was beginning to lose faith in his craft until he selected the sixth material. It felt different. It had a pull to it. A gravitation that called for him to focus and and slow down in the creation of the shield. Taking a calming breath, Oikawa placed the heated material onto the crafting table. Lifting his hammer, he brought it down in three quick strikes, which were then followed by several repeated taps forming the shield. The craftsmanship was grand and it was reflected in the shield's flawless design.

Satisfied with the creation, he placed the shield in the evaluation box and allocated its enhancements. Once that was completed, he shut the forge down and exited back to the front room.

[30799] CD: 9 (8+1)

[30800] CD: 7 (6+1)

[30801] CD: 2 (1+1)

Salvage Roll: [30803] LD: 3 (2+1)

[30804] CD: 8 (7+1)

[30805] CD: 8 (7+1)

[30806] CD: 12 (12+1)

Name: Lex Talonis
ID: (30806)
Roll: (12) [12+1]
Item Type: Shield
Enhancements: 2 Paralyze / 1 Safe-Guard
Description: Lex Talonis is a heater shield made of steel and simplistic in design. The outer surface of the shield is a brushed steel texture, dyed dark grey, and embellished with a white design in the vague shape of an eye. The shield attaches to the user's arm through the usage of straps, which also allow for it to be stored on the back for ease of access. 

945/1280 + 21 = 966/1280 XP

Edited by Oikawa - The Faint

Remembering the Grand Forge (Gurando Foji) where he used to buy his chestplate, Kino enters the shop and places his kite shield onto the table, planning to sell it. The kite shield is at the very least an uncommon object due to its design, but it doesn't bother him since he still have enough Col to buy a new item. He waits for the owner of the shop as Frank is sitting on one of the chairs in the shop.

"...what are you going to buy?"

"......Yggdrasil...."

[EDIT] Sorry for the double postings, it was lagging

Edited by Kino117

Remembering the Grand Forge (Gurando Foji) where he used to buy his chestplate, Kino enters the shop and places his kite shield onto the table, planning to sell it. The kite shield is at the very least an uncommon object due to its design, but it doesn't bother him since he still have enough Col to buy a new item. He waits for the owner of the shop as Frank is sitting on one of the chairs in the shop.

[31224] CD: 7 (6+1)

[31225] CD: 4 (3+1)

The forge had been unkind to him this morning. His results being extremely lackluster in comparison to his usual turnouts. As he wiped the sweat from his brow and began to tidy up, he heard the familiar ding of a bell. Stepping to the front room, the blonde's eyes widened as a face he hadn't seen in months bobbled into view. "Kino-san, its been awhile. For sure thought you and Frank had just wondered to the edges of Aincrad and just disappeared. Its most pleasant to see you're still alive mate."

966/1280 XP + 4 = 970/1280 XP

Teayre slides into the shop quietly, hearing a gentle roar as a small cub comes padding towards her. Putting a finger to her lips she tries to hush the cub but to no avail. The cubs blue eyes gazed up at her begging almost longing. Letting out a sigh Teayre kneels down and suddenly finds herself flat on her back being licked. Ruffling the leopards head and scratching behind his ears Teayre lets escape a small giggle. "Stop it King, I'm only popping by briefly..." Placing a small bundle of materials down on the desk Teayre quickly turns to leave.

5 materials gifted too Oikawa

Edited by Teayre

Teayre slides into the shop quietly, hearing a gentle roar as a small cub comes padding towards her. Putting a finger to her lips she tries to hush the cub but to no avail. The cubs blue eyes gazed up at her begging almost longing. Letting out a sigh Teayre kneels down and suddenly finds herself flat on her back being licked. Ruffling the leopards head and scratching behind his ears Teayre lets escape a small giggle. "Stop it King, I'm only popping by briefly..." Placing a small bundle of materials down on the desk Teayre quickly turns to leave.

5 materials gifted too Oikawa

To be edited...

[31672] 7 (6+1)

[31673] 4 (3+1)

[31674] 12 (12+1

[31675] 7 (6+1)

[31676] 3 (2+1)

[31677] 12 (12+1) Two Handed Straight Sword +3 DMG

The doors of the Gurando Foji burst open, as if a tremendous storm had finally come knocking. Blinding light came pouring into the room at an alarming pace, as if the moment had been a long time in the making. Before the interiors could become permanently bleached by the bright and shining rays, a shadow stepped forward and darkened the doorway. For a moment, all that could be seen in that hazy silhouette was nothing more than a smile that glowed, and the faint hint of green.

Finally, the heavy door swung shut, revealing the true form of the mysterious (yet dashing) figure. "It's almost like a reverse Normandy, isn't it?" asked Azide as he sauntered up to the front. "Except I'm French-Canadian and not French, and D-Day affected the Germans rather than the Japanese." The brown-eyed swordsman raised hand to his sleeve and gave it a quick brush, as if to sweep these inconsistencies under the rug. "Either way, I wonder if I've caught you off-guard." 

He rested a single forearm against the counter top and leaned forward to look an old friend in the eye. "Regardless of whether or not you expected to see me, I'm here to commission a piece from Aincrad's finest blacksmith." With his free hand, he conjured a virtual window, which hummed just the slightest bit as it hovered beside him. "So, what do you say? Think you've still got what it takes?"

• 2 months later...

[40211] CD: 8 (7+1) 3 XP

[40212] CD: 2 (1+1) 1 XP

[40213] CD: 6 (5+1) 2 XP

[40214] CD: 5 (4+1) 2 XP

[40215] CD: 12 (11+1) 8 XP

Spoiler

Name: Lambhardt

Blacksmith Rank 7

ID: 40215

Roll: 12 (1+1)

Item Type: (Shield)

Quality: (Perfect)

Enhancements: (+3 Regen)

Description: (A white metalloid shield crafted with a lamb insignia etched into the center. A lamb fleece covers the shield entirely to give it a softened look.)

The warmed furnace was a welcoming sight and a familiar one as well. Stepping into the forging chamber, Oikawa equipped himself with his fireproof gloves and apron. Rusty as he was, he felt good about today. Spending some hours crafting, he marveled his work and documented his creations. A decent turnout for his first day back, not amazing work but certainly solid for a smith of his supposed caliber.

966/1280 XP + 16 = 982/1280 XP

-5 Materials

[40737] CD: 6 (5+1) 2 XP

[40738] CD: 12 (12+1) 8 XP

So much time had passed since the blonde had first donned Inquisiteur. The shield was his first perfect craft as well as his first shield. The sentimental value was immense and the various fights they had been through together could fill a book of tales. However the day had finally come, where Inquisiteur would need to be replaced. Heating the furnace, Oikawa retrieved a few materials, but doubted he would need many. As he spent hours perfecting the minute details needed to craft the shield, a tinge of sadness pained him. Once the new shield was complete, he'd have it evaluated. He will now be donning Raikiri.

Spoiler

Name: Raikiri

Blacksmith Rank 7

ID: 40738

Roll: 12 (12+1)

Item Type: (Shield)

Quality: (Perfect)

Enhancements: (+2 Paralysis/+1 Mitigation)

Description: (A fearsome shield crafted from gold like prismatic ores. The shield is  furnished with snow white tassels and bears the severed head of the God of the Swamp embossed into the middle of the shield.)

982/1280 XP + 10 = 992/1280 XP

-2 Materials, 6 Materials Remaining.

The boy nervously opened the door to the smith shop, Gurando Foji. he was moving on to higher floors and more difficult quests which meant he needed armor, wondering what he would order he browsed the items around the store. He enjoyed gazing at the weapons and armors, it gave him an idea of what he was looking for. The names of each weapon spoke to him, which meant their creator cared. though despite obtaining few ideas nothing could come to mind, that's when he felt it. A coldness. turning around he searched for the source of the chilly phenomenon, it didn't take him long. Being drawn to the black armor Takneil examined the name. <<Eternal Melody>>.

Walking up to the counter he cleared his throat. "Pardon me? I would like to purchase that armor you have over there. <<Eternal Melody>>" swiping open his menu he prepared the transaction.

-3000 Col.

Looking up from the rapier in hand, Oikawa gazed at the man that had been browsing his shop. As he gestured to <Eternal Melody>, his eyebrow raised in curiosity. "Are you sure that's what you want? Despite it's properties, the armor itself has a mind of it's own. It's rather chilling just thinking about it. The intent of malice eerily leaks into once you don the-.." The blonde chuckled mid-sentence as his face cracked into a smile. "Oh man I couldn't say that with a straight face. Please don't mind my idiocy, sometimes I get bored. The armor is pretty nice though right? Definitely gives you that evil vibe. That'll be 3000 Col my kind sir."

Completing the transaction, the blonde removed the item from inventory and sent it to Takneil. "Twas a pleasure. Enjoy."

-1 Eternal Melody

+3000 Col

offering a smile at the man's joke Takneil happily agreed to the transaction. "It just happened to call out to me, though I guess it does look kinda evil doesn't it?" he mused aloud. shrugging he turned from the keeper and waved. "thanks for the new armor, catch ya later!"

+1 <<Eternal Melody>>

[41035] CD: 4 (3+1) 2 XP

Spoiler

Name: (Klehmore)
ID: (41035)
Roll: (4) [3+1]
Item Type: (Two-Handed Straight Sword)
Quality: (Good)
Enhancements: (None)
Description: (A standard vanity claymore.)

[41036] CD: 11 (10+1) 5 XP

Spoiler

Name: (Raijin)
ID: (41036)
Roll: (11) [10+1]
Item Type: (Shield)
Quality: (Rare)
Enhancements: (+2 Damage Mitigation)
Description: (A medium-sized circular shield crafted from golden ores. Tassels line the rim of metal disc, while the shield itself is engraved with Japanese characters that reflect the terms strong, victorious, and lightning)

[41037] CD: 12 (12+1) 8 XP

Spoiler

Name: (Diabolic Esper)
ID: (41037)
Roll: (12) [12+1]
Item Type: (Heavy Armor)
Quality: (Perfect)
Enhancements: (+2 Thorns and +1 Regen)
Description: (An armor crafted from dark soul ores. With the ability to deal additional damage as well as heal some taken, the armor is often sought after for those who want to improve in those areas.)

[41038] CD: 9 (8+1) 3 XP

Spoiler

Name: (Hell Rose)
ID: (41038)
Roll: (9) [8+1]
Quality: (Uncommon)
Enhancements: (+1 Mitigation)
Description: (A pink armor crafted from rare coral ores.)

[41039 CD: 12 (11+1) 8 XP

Spoiler

Name: (Hephaestus' Hammer)
ID: (41039)
Roll: (12) [11+1]
Item Type: (Tool)
Enhancements: (+1 Ambition)
Description: (An obsidian black hammer. When used to craft, the user gains experience just a bit faster than normal.)

[41040] CD: 9 (8+1) 3 XP

Spoiler

Name: (Albatross)
ID: (41039)
Roll: (9) [8+1]
Enhancements: (+1 Mitigation)
Description: (A snow white helm. When worn, the user gains a modest amount of protection against blows to the head.)

The forge was filled with warmth and the sounds of clattering metals as the blond went to work. He had no particular orders in mind but that didn't mean he couldn't still expand on his craft. Hammering away at material after material, the blonde only seemed to be satisfied once he crafted at least two Perfect quality items. With it being long time overdue, he finally manged to craft himself a hammer that would net him some more experience in the long run.

992/1280 XP + 29 = 1021/1280 XP

-6 Materials, 0 Materials Remaining.

Calrex walked into the shop he had not seen active in a long time, seeing the familiar glowing forge in the back, as well as Oikawa hard at work. He gave a smirk as he swiped on his menu, producing a bag before giving a wave to the blonde, "Hey Oikawa, good to see you back at work. Here's a gift from Teayre and me to help you get going again."

Placing the bag on the counter he began to head back out, "When you have time the three of us should meet up again! I'll catch you around!"

Donated 40 Materials

4 minutes ago, Calrex said:

Calrex walked into the shop he had not seen active in a long time, seeing the familiar glowing forge in the back, as well as Oikawa hard at work. He gave a smirk as he swiped on his menu, producing a bag before giving a wave to the blonde, "Hey Oikawa, good to see you back at work. Here's a gift from Teayre and me to help you get going again."

Placing the bag on the counter he began to head back out, "When you have time the three of us should meet up again! I'll catch you around!"

Donated 40 Materials

The bells sounded as someone entered the forge. Likely a customer, Oikawa was ready to shout he'd be up there momentarily when he heard a familiar voice of his favorite bluenette. Listening to what he had to say, the blonde pondered what exactly the gift could be. Rather than not answering, he shouted out "Whatever the gift may be I greatly appreciate it man. And yes we must get together again soon!" As the bells chimed, again, Oikawa finished his polishes and returned to the counter. Examining the bag Cal left, he smiled as he added the 40 materials to his inventory.

+40 Materials