[OP-F? The Speakeasy] Not In The Usual Mood (Limit of ten people)

After Clarence had finished speaking, Keith led me out to a balcony that I didn't know was at the back of the shop. He began with stating that the es-hunter was Daeron. It was ironic because he was here at the party. 

I wasn't very surprised that Daeron was the one that left the guild. Daeron reminded my of Zelrius in a way so it was very shocking that he was in Keith's guild in the first place. But for Keith to have this much spite against Daeron complicated things. I often found myself being told that the people whom I trusted were horrible people. I had been warned about Zelrius and now I was getting a new perspective of Daeron. Just more to add onto my suspicion of everyone, even I had just a smidge of suspicion of Keith, curious suspicion. I sighed and also looked up at the sky. It was now night time. When I started the party it had been in the early afternoon but now it was dark. I don't really agree with you on that one. Daeron is almost exactly like me, except the yellow cursor. I was with him not too long ago on a quest and he didn't seem that bad. Whatever he has done to you though doesn't affect me...but I will consider this whenever I speak to him. Anyways, I guess I'm actually going to join your guild. Hopefully this one doesn't end with me leaving to save someone else.. I mumbled that last part, only Arek and one other person would know the exact reason why I had to leave. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London was looked around a bit more and decided to try and be social one last time. If it turned out to be a repeat of Atma he would probably just isolate himself outside on the balcony or something, if no one was there, till the end of the party. He pushed himself off the wall and saw the man who was talking to the girl that slipped in, Lessa I believe her name was, standing by himself after the host and hostess left to attend to things he assumed. Running a party, especially when there are strangers about can't be all that easy. He walked silently to the man, with his arms folded behind his back. He stopped once he was behind him and said "Hello." To the man, it seemed that a voice just appeared out of nowhere behind him since London tends to unintentionally sneak up on people.

Keith blinked and looked back down at Kiru. Despite all she had been leading up to be, this was a very selfless thing to do. Keith dared say she was doing this for him really. "That's great to hear... I knew you would come around eventually." Keith said with a smirk, lightly nudging Kiru on the side as he leaned back against the railing. "Besides, I haven't turned you wrong so far. I mean, the party was a hit. And I gave you that idea. Guess I'm just a genius like that." Keith said as he closed his eyes, stretching his arms and making a small yawn. "But, guild evaluation is in order. And I don't know if you're skilled enough to be my partner." Keith said, opening his eyes and smirking again, sending a guild request to Kiru. "Up for another adventure? I need to see how well you do without being handcuffed to me." He said with a light chuckle, standing back up and brushing a few small snowflakes out of his blue hair.

Arekkusu pulled back Ignite and put her in his inventory. He had enough to do, and his time was up. He had to go back before the morning hits him, he wasn't too far from home though, so that was a good thing. He didn't have to raise a blade at anyone and he didn't lost his mind either, he remained calm for most of the party... only when Ignite threatened to burn down the whole place if Arekkusu attempted to drink was when Arekkusu went a little bit crazy. But nobody drank, and that was good, at least, no one drank while Arekkusu was looking. There was always the doubt. There was no was he was going to pass out in front of everyone at a party, and there really wasn't any of his friends that wasn't already in a conversation, so he just walked out, hoping no one noticed. He didn't want to hear it the next day, and he didn't want commentary on his absence, so he made sure he didn't allow that by just simply going. He hoped maybe to see them all later on, regardless of encounters of grudges, but he didn't want to fight or talk too much. So that was the end of the party, at least for him. He was going to pm his friends on his way home, then drop dead onto a couch and sleep.

London saw Arekkusu getting up and leaving out of the corner of his eye as he waited for a response from the man he was standing behind. He decided not to pester or follow him, he seemed to have his fill of the night. London was sure he'd talk to Arekkusu one on one when they met again, that's how London did things at least. Never really one to meet a whole new group of people at once, it ruined some of the engagement if it was all divided between people. He also noticed that whenever he was in groups, no one would hear him or if he was about to say something, someone would cut him off. He looked at the man again and tapped his shoulder lightly, saying "Hello." again but a bit louder this time, perhaps he was speaking a bit too soft. This time it had to be heard, the man would have to be deaf otherwise.

Clarence jumped high as he heard a random voice from behind. Clarence spun around to see a man who was sitting by the wall for seemed like ages, walking up to him. Might as well be social. He seems nice. Clarence smiled lightly to the player and wiped away a loss tear. "Oh hi. Sorry, I was really distracted with.... something else." He trailed off and smiled apologetically at the man. "Also, did you ask that guy to say that poem thing? Because that was kind of funny." Clarence laughed lightly and smiled at the man. "So what''s your name? Mine is Clarence." Clarence stuck a hand out to the guy, to shake hands.

London naturally shook the man's hand. "Sindon, a pleasure to meet you." His hand shake was surprisingly firm. He cringed inside at the mention of the so called "poem". "I did nothing of the sort...he just sorta jumped on the table and started to serenade everyone. Apologies about all that, regardless of him knowing him, it was rather rude to just do that." There was something about his presence that was calming and uneasing at the same time. He saw the man wiping his eye. I wonder if that was because of the poem from laughing to hard. I doubt it, I didn't really see anyone laugh or even give him much attention. London wasn't prone to smiling, in fact, his grim face showed that smiles were very rare to pass across his visage. However, he smiled slightly, it looked to be more of a smirk as he introduced himself.

I laid my arms on the ledge and rested my head upon them, crouched a little. I scoffed when Keith mentioned me "coming around." Yes Keith was slowly becoming less and less annoying but he was also expecting more of me. Joining his guild, becoming a Maverick hunter, and also hosting a party was pretty much a mix of his influence and the voice in the back of my head telling me to be nice. I nodded my head upwards at Keith, he was only a few inches taller than me but I was slouching over the railing so I was seemingly shorter. Yeah well don't think I'm doing this for the same reasons as you are. I have no intentions on "bringing forth justice" into Aincrad nor do I care if it ever comes. I looked down below in the alley way, no one was there but it was dark. It somehow made me want to go down there and see if something was hiding in the depths of the path. Actually you have turned me wrong in like the first ten seconds we met. Do you not recall the time when you got me arrested for standing next to you? Also, remember when some guys tried to kill me just because I knew who you were? That sure was fun. You're just a walking load of trouble, but that's the fun part. I nearly laughed when he called himself a genius. He also didn't hesitate to take credit for the party. Mostly he made this a success but it was me who made the final decision to actually throw it. 

Out of habit, my hand moved to the 'decline' button on the guild request. I took a deep breath and was true to my word, hitting the 'accept' button. I stood upwards, careful not to let my hat fall in the process, and raised my eyebrow at Kieth. First he invites me into his guild and now he tells me I have to be evaluated? Hmph. I narrowed my eyes at him with a slight smirk. I think you have that one twisted, I'm better than you when it comes to fighting. You would probably look like an idiot next to me. But anyways, I'm up for another adventure as long as we do something fun. Besides, I need to kill my boredom around here. I jabbed my elbow into his rib and turned away from him. I don't really think an evaluation will be necessary. 

After disappearing through the doors and into the party again I flipped back my red hair and looked around. Everyone seemed to be occupied but this was getting tiring, I didn't like being a babysitter for all these players here. I walked over to the bar and stood up on it. I clapped my hands rather loudly and put on a smile. I'm sorry to say but this is all the time I have reserved for this space. It was a pleasure hosting such a lovely group of people but you all need to leave so I can clean up and close up. I said, lying through my teeth. This shop wasn't even mine, it hasn't even opened yet, and no one had to leave. I just really didn't like having to pretend around everyone for so long. I opened the main door, letting in a chilly breeze and pointed for everyone to get out. 

Atma turned to Kiru as she made the announcement to leave, and started making his way to the door. As he left, he grinned and clapped his hands, singing to himself the rest of the words to his favorite zombie song. He had liked the party, and hoped that he would find another one to join at a later date.

Keith walked back inside and then headed over to Kiru, standing next to her. He nudged her arm and smirked. "Well, aren't you the charmer." He said with a soft laugh, straightening up again and walking backwards through the doorway, both his hands in his pockets while Ruby came bounding to him from inside, jumping up onto his shoulder like usual. "Well, party was pretty good. Went off completely a-okay. Just remember, don't think you're going to get rid of me that easily." He said with a genuine smile, taking another step back. "We got plenty of work to do. Maverick Crime is high, so come visit me some time and we can get to work. And believe me, it's always an adventure." He said, making a little finger-gun and pointing it at Kiru, firing and mouthing the word "Pew".

Keith then turned back around and waved behind him, walking off with a smile on his face. He knew Kiru probably found him obnoxious, cocky, impatient, and annoying, but deep down, he was sure she found him at least a little tolerable. Hey, it wasn't easy being the good guy all the time.

As Kosan got up from the couch he sat all night , he goes to Kiru who basically told us to leave and says "Well ... This party was okeysh... " as he started walking to the exit ... Kosan raised his hand and waved because he was to bored to go to each person alone to say good night ... He was pretty much ignored in this party , he didn't felt necessary to do so ..

-Kosan leaved.

Clarence was about to reply to Sindon, but the party holder, Kiru, said that the party was now over, that she had to clean up for the next day. "Well, it was fun talking to you but we all best be going. Hope to talk to you soon!" Clarence smiled and turned around and approached the door of the shop to leave Clarence opened his HUD screen and set a friend request to the girl Lessa and the boy Sindon, hoping to talk to them again some time. Hope fully I can see them again, they seem nice. Clarence thought about the party with a light smile as he left to an inn for the night.

The popup that danced before her eyes startled the young woman. "Huh?" She murmured, blue pools scanning the message in her HUD. It was a friend request from the man she had spoken with briefly. A soft smile flickered across the blonde's lips as she fingered the button that sealed their virtual friendship. The crowd was thinning as party-goers took their leave, and she figured that it was high time she do the same. Though the night was still young, Lessa rarely stayed out past dark. Her desire to go out partying had died away some time ago, and her focus had shifted from enjoying herself to beating the game. Loneliness had a way of making a person reassess her goals, it seemed.

"Thank you so much for the lovely evening," the player in pink told Kiru, giving the other woman a polite nod. Though she was still quite unsure why she had come to the party in the first place, her time spent there had not been terrible. She had met a new player, which may have never happened if she'd passed the evening in her room at the inn. "New things," Lessa whispered to herself as she slipped back into the inky dark of night. "That's what I need. A new start."

At the very least, she had not been alone on Christmas. That had to be good for something. 

London looked at the hostess as she made her announcement. Hmh...She's forcing it too much. I won't harp on it though, I probably should be leaving. The party was good for other players...I barely talked to anyone and I doubt anyone here like to see me ag- His thought was cut off as a notification popped before his dark eyes. Friend request....I don't know him well but might as well. He seemed nice enough. He clicked accept. He turned to the hostess and the host and said "Thank you for having me, it was an enchanting party." London nodded as he raised two fingers as a goodbye and turned towards the door putting his hands in his pockets, looking about for a second to make sure he had everything. Force of habit, he knew he had everything but he just needed to make sure. He headed towards the door and walked out in to the dark night. It's nice out...chilly and the moon is high. Oft to the inn I suppose... and with that London walked out into the night, blending and merging with the shadows. He seemingly disappeared. I wonder how many rooms are left... London began to ponder as he slipped into the night. It was a nice evening, for everyone else that is. He found it nice but he was rather lonesome but it didn't matter. Time to get some sleep.

With everybody leaving, and he hadn't done much socializing, he felt dumb for even arriving. Then again, it was his own problem for even showing up so late. Had he known that the party was near ready to die out, then he'd have stayed in his rented room at a nearby inn and wouldn't even have bothered come. Exhaling as he was starting to be taken by exhaust and tiresome boredom, he stretched. Saying good-bye to practically anybody that was around him. He neared the door slightly, as he moved around some of the wooden tables and chairs that were in the area.

As he looked, he saw a variety of empty glasses on the tables that each held their own beverages that would be cleaned up eventually by the NPC who did the cleaning for them. He pushed in one of the chairs that was still stuck out in the middle of the walkway to prevent anybody from getting hurt. He gave a look to the last few people still in the area and then he opened up the door, where he stepped out and disappeared for the remainder of the night and nobody had heard of him since then.

I groaned when Keith mentioned that I now actually had to do something, and that was hunting down "criminals." I waved goodbye to everyone as they left even if I didn't know them. It was actually a little fun to finally be around others again. Sure everyone was annoying but it was exciting to shake things up once in awhile. I sat down at the bar and looked around, only a few things had to be done before I left. I got up as soon as I sat down and made my way around to pick up any stray items or random trash. When I got to the tree I placed the potion I had left for someone back into my inventory and dragged the tree outside. I left it leaning against the side of the shop, not even bothering to take back. If I took it back it would probably just explode into pixels, wasted effort. I glanced at the letters on the roof and shrugged, I had no intention of climbing up there to get those down. Before leaving I peeked my head into the door and checked one last time. I shut the door and took the hat off my head, walking away. I gave it one last longing look before turning away completely and leaving the now non-existent party. I guess it wasn't that bad...

120+80 col tip left for Kingpin, the shop owner. (+200 to Kingpin)

1151 - 200 col = 951 col remaining