[OP-F1] Scouting the Fields [No More Participants]

Baldur was slow to act, mostly due to being completely stunned by what happened so rapidly. He new Oikawa, so what looked to someone else like this orange player may be attacking some newbies, to Baldur was a friend rushing in to help out. Two other players ran over to intercept Oikawa, and Baldur stood up, preparing to vouch for Oikawa and make peace when... [67076] he did not notice Hikoru, but did notice Takao chilling in the shade.

"Hey Takao!" Baldur waved to the scout before walking down the hill. Off to the other side he noticed two cotton-candy colored women wandering around picking flowers. He didn't notice the chain at first, but he did notice Oikawa suddenly charge over and draw his sword. It was then that Baldur noticed two critical features of the scene unfolding before him.

One girl was held by a chain to the other, and the other was non-other than the feared orange player, Mari. Baldur had no idea what was racing through Oikawa's mind, Baldur had been out of the verse for too long, but his friend did not seem pleased. Moving up to a jog rather than just a strole, Baldur came up to the side of Mari and Oikawa just as the pink haired alchemist interposed herself even further between them.

"Heyyy... everyone, I'm sure no one where wants any fighting to happen, so let's let cooler heads prevail. Oikawa, why don't you lower your blade, and Mari, why don't you just drop the leash so we can tell she's here of her own free will, and then we can just settling on trying to kill everyone with stares instead of sword arts?"

Baldur had his own hands held up in the air to either side of his face. He was distinctly trying to not look at the Muramasa at his hip. He didn't want to escalate this any further, but he would defend his friend, and whomever this girl leashed to Mari was.

"I'm just here to make sure no one dies and to make sure that girl can get away from you if that's what she wants. If she's happy, I'm totally okay with whatever two consenting people trapped in a death game want."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You mean up here!" claimed the blonde while adjusting her dress so that any who would watch them from below would be forced to use their imagination in terms of her underwear. The then continued with a bright smile as she opened her umbrella and set her eyes on Lycan: "I can't always walk around in battle gear and its not like it the dress makes the man...... um woman.... something like that." after a momentary pause she continued.

"And besides, you should know girls like to change their apparel almost as often as their shoes. Besides being a tailor does offer great advantages both in the appearance and in its use. I practically can go to battle in this dress!" she claimed while puffing her cheeks. 

From below Kimba roared at the guy who had greeted her and attempted to imitate Ariel and climb up the try, she managed but to jump on a low branch before it snapped under her weight. After a spiteful hiss towards the hateful branch, the lioness decided to camp under tree and take a napping position at ground level.
The blonde giggled at the failed attempt, showing her familiar the tip of her tongue in a cheerful way, no doubt a small revenge for all the running she did earlier. She then looked around from the vantage point the tree offers. She then turns towards the other lazy bum, that was beside her and asked:

"What brings you here? I would've thought you'd be nowhere near the 'noob town', trying to catch up to us front liners. I hope I haven't mistaken to take you as someone brave enough to wanna join the rest of us? " A sly smile on lips as she finished her inquiry.

ID# 67078  LD: 6

"Suppose you have a point there," retorted the teen in reference to her comment about girls and their clothes. "I guess in a place with no real hygiene risks, I don't have to worry about a change of clothes."

Lycan paused on the thought. While the words spilled out of his mouth, he realized just now grotesque the notion would be to someone else. Specifically toward the opposite gender.

"I mean, every once in a while, but maybe not as often as you?" Lycan tried to save face with the statement turned question, but his uncertainty aired out for everyone to see. His head hung low in response.

"Anyway~" he chimed, further trying to remove focus on his personal habits. "I'm just taking a day off to relax. Catching up to you front line types is no easy chore. I'm beat!"

He smiled at the blonde but that very moment, Lycan caught wind of a commotion. Some of the passersby halted and pointed out toward the fields. 

"Is there going to be a fight?" he overheard one female player ask her group.

"God, I hope not," replied a colleague.

"Isn't that?" Lycan heard a pause. "Crap, those are orange players!"

At the mention of orange players, Lycan spun his head on a swivel. He jumped to his feet, taking care to watch his balance as well as minimize the branch's sway. His body propped against a load bearing bough and parted the foliage of the trees toward the direction of the disturbance. While his searching abilities weren't as keen as some, Lycan made out several players off in the distant plains. Two females stood on the edge of a flower bed, facing two males. Each side had one orange player and one blue player.

"Ariel," Lycan muttered. "There's trouble brewing in the field."

With squinted eyes, Lycan made out three familiar faces. One belonged to the blonde smith responsible for the weapon on Lycan's back, the other called a name to Lycan's mind: Baldur, and the last forced the teen's eyes wide.

"Crap," the teen swore. "I know that girl. This isn't good."

Back when Lycan met Oikawa, his cursor was green. Now, it hung orange over his head. Lycan didn't know what transpired since then, but he felt a bad vibe from the situation. Weapons were drawn and tensions were high.

Oikawa glowered; his crimson gaze befalling Mari as he was pushed back and she quickly filled the void he once vacated. Off like a piston, the pink haired lass spewed commands and explanations as if her words and demeanor still held merit to him. He faltered no more, holding his ground as he stepped closer to her effectively putting his face in hers. "None of my business you say? You string up some lowly on a leash for your amusement and its none of my business to care for her well being? Fortunately my business doesn't cater to your whims and as such I will not remove my 'rusty ass sword'," retorted the blonde as he inched the blade between himself and Mari.

As he glanced down, the girl seemed fearful. Her well being seemingly shaken as she stood behind one player killer shielding her from another player killer. Surely no one would willing be led around so foolishly? Knowing this witch, she probably has her under the influence of one of her ridiculous potions. Opal sure learned from the best on that front.

His focus was snapped back to the scene at hand as a familiar voice interrupted their squabble. His gaze sifted to Baldur, fellow Coalition member, and current holder of the highest natural damage weapon in game. He spoke of cooling it, attempting to diffuse the situation before it escalated to the use of sword arts as he put it. Oikawa would more than gladly welcome that challenge now. Mari was in no shape to combat him currently especially given she had no visible weapon in sight. However, he listened to his comrade and clicked the blade back into place along his back.

Nodding to Baldur, he conceded and squatted to address the younger lass behind Mari. "Are you sure this is what you want? You don't have to follow people like her. Especially this toxic entity," spat the golden haired youth.

Takao's ever-wandering eyes slowly trailed across the landscape, taking in the various appearance of players at different distances. One of many benefits that the Search and Detect skill bestowed upon him was a variety of enhancements to his senses, namely his hearing. The conversations going on around him were mostly filtered out into white noise, but a familiar voice had caught his attention. It was one he hadn't heard in quite some time.

"Hold that thought." Takao said, lifting his hand to Hikoru. Had Hikoru even said something? Oh well. His legs tensed and he stood, his head turned as if guided by radar to the gathering of players not too far away. Catching various bits and pieces of the conversation had left him with some much needed context, but being the person he was, Takao opted to approach them anyway.

"Some lowly?" He said to Oikawa first upon approaching the gathered players, his head tilted and eyebrow raised. "I didn't take you for the sort t'call people that. Y'sound like the Brigade." He commented in monotone, green eyes first moving to regard Baldur with a cordial nod of his head before curiously trailing over the collared player and finally settling onto Mari, whom he had recalled last speaking to on a good note. The air around them seemed tense and he flexed his empty, glove-clad hands as a result. Without a visibly equipped weapon, he couldn't imagine he came off as an immediate threat, but looks could certainly be deceiving. "Hey, Mari. S'been a while." 

Mari gritted her teeth as Oikawa threw an insult toward Esther. In any other circumstance, Mari would let it slide - she wouldn't even give the insult the time of day, but Esther? Mari glanced over her shoulder at the Lilac haired woman as she spoke, trying to defend Mari. Sheesh...she really doesn't do well in heated situations, it seems if things weren't all hunky dory Esther would turn into an emotional mess. Mari's eys drifted back over toward Oikawa. "Care?" Mari scoffed, "You're the one brandishing a weapon around on the first floor. Even I'm not daft enough to do something so stupid like that - you went and got yourself a Pker mark, congratulations - but don't go trying to play the hero when in this scenario you're the antagonist." Mari shrugged, "No matter which way you look at it, you're the bumbling idiot who just crashed up into our own private conversation."  Mari didn't flinch when he inched the weapon closer. She wasn't afraid of him, she didn't fear being struck down. She expected it. Mari had been away from social interaction, from the frontlines for a long time - but she is still able to hold her own. 

Another approached before Mari or Oikawa could exchange further heated words. She didn't recognize him, but he spoke of her with familiarity, suggesting she drop the leash. Mari didn't trust the situation, she didn't trust that Oikawa, now a Pker just suddenly approaches her out of the blue in an arrogant flurry that seemed to rival Zelrius' , then one of his comrades asks her to drop the chain. "Bite me." Mari muttered toward Baldur. "I ain't the one instigating any fights. Ya'll f**Kers are the ones who are flocking to lil ol  me."

Another approached and it was almost too much for Mari. She knew this would happen, she glanced over at Esther again, making sure that she was coping. If she weren't - Mari would have to make sure she was able to leave, and quickly. Mari was used to the ire and hate, she assumed Esther was not. When Mari realized it was Takao, she relaxed her shoulders, only slightly. She had no ill will toward him, and as far as she knew, he toward her. Even his approach was nothing short of apathetic curiosity. "Mmm..  I suppose so." she muttered in return.

More words and anger spilled out from the two Player Killers before her. Esther didn't say much at this point. She was nervous, and it was a sad insight into how Mari lived. Into why she lived the way she did. She stepped out, for the first time in a long time - and this is how people were treating her. She wasn't the one brandishing the weapon she wasn't the one who started yelling, and yet she was the one who was being treated as the bad guy. Mari said she'd drag Esther to hell with her, is this what she meant?

As Mari spoke with the other two men who joined the group, Oikawa had used Mari's distraction as a chance to talk to Esther. Esther jumped, and a hand instinctively reached out to grab hold of Mari, but there was nothing to grab hold to, her clothing was too form fitting. So Esther's hand lingered helplessly in the air for a few seconds before she let it fall to her lap. 

Esther fumbled with her hands, but her brilliant, green eyes stared up at Oikawa - stubborn and innocent, unwavering despite her shaking body. "Y-Yes." She stuttered. "I mean. I agreed to it." She glanced up at Mari, then back to Oikawa, lowering her voice slightly. "If anything, Mari was the one who didn't exactly want this." Esther muttered, again her cheeks flushing with embarrassment as she lowered her gaze to the chain that hung from her neck, she gave it a small tug. "I mean...she said this would happen. That people would just jump on her...but I wanted this." Esther said again, rising her eyes to meet Oikawa's. "So please, don't blame her. She's not toxic. She's just Mari."

"Its about principles!" she replied right before he changed the subject in order to answer a different concern of hers. She listen to his reply trying to ignore the random dialogue near them but it seems the teen wolf had a different intention. After herself too, eavesdropping in the end she pulled out her HUD friend tracker and managed to identify some of the players that were causing a commotion. A long sigh escaped her lips as Lycan continued his 'hero play' she could only enthusiastically nod. Squinting her eyes in the distance she took a closer look in a attempt to identify all the people centered on that particular spot.

Despite being a extremely long time since seeing that pink headed figure, she'd recognize the woman who was holding in her hand...... a leash? Another long sigh followed by a mildly amused giggle escaped her lips once again. "Do you really want to go there? I mean they are clearly over your level and almost each of them could potentially kill you with a poke of their blade."  she added with a grin, seeing him so fired up. 

Meanwhile, the so called 'scene' people were talking about caught the attention of a certain white furball that lazily yawned and made its way towards the group in question, hoping to get a bit of the attention. She stopped near the one she didn't knew... the girl in a leash, keeping an eye on the one holding it and lowly growling at her. Ignoring the rest of the people present.

The lioness crooks her her head and fixates her gaze at the colar on the girl's neck then hisses at it, trying to reach with her paw from the distance. One would think that if familiars had sentiments, Kimba who has always been able to do all she pleased even after becoming Ariel's companion, would feel sorry for the apparently freedom deprived girl. At the sight, Ariel let out a 'Tsk' as her familiar decided to interviene on her own... but she trusted that the lioness was agile enough to evade any incoming attacks, now that she and Ariel shared a deeper bound than before. She looked at Lycan and asked again: "So do you want to make a appearance?"

ID# 67207  LD: 9 (no Hiks hiding around here.. nope)

Hikoru was sitting quietly when he was suddenly interrupted by a roaming Takao, who had seemingly appeared out of nowhere, and he was out in the open where everyone could see. He looked at him with bugged eyes and backed away to the trunk, making sure to but a great distance between him and the Loot-Based character, who apparently found Hik too easily. He breathed and looked at him, moth agape from shock and unable to say anything. Soon as the player appeared he vanished, and he breathed as he now felt safer that the player was away. He did his best to regain his breathing and sighed as he looked at the group that Takao was going towards, when he saw that there was a conflict. He breathed and looked to see the characters as best he could. He found that Oikawa, a girl on a leash, Takao, a man named Baldur, who he had seen around, and... Mari. A girl whom he had met a long time ago that had killed a player in front of his eyes. He shuddered and waited to see what would happen, but he unsheathed his weapon and waited to see if he would be needed

Lycan turned to Ariel with a scowl.

"You're a terrible at empathy, you know that?" scolded the teen. He snapped his eyes back to the group in the distance, holding the leaves further apart for a better view.

The two PKer's looked to be at each other's throats with a mousy, lilac-haired girl being tugged about like a chihuahua on a leash. Seeing Esthar shaking, avoiding eye contact, and looking somewhere between embarrassment and fear, Lycan gripped the foliage tight with anger. Then, from the corner of his eyes, he watched a blur of white make headway toward the commotion. The teen turned to Ariel with a mixture of confusion and frustration on his face just as she asked if he wanted to make an appearance.

Lycan opened his mouth to reply.

'The ---- would I do?' he asked himself. His mind reflected on the half hour struggle he had with a floor two mob.

His knuckles whitened with the feeling inadequacy, and he clenched his teeth.

"No..." came his reply, thick with defeat.

He turned back toward the players and focused on Esther, then to Baldur. Lycan knew Baldur was good people. He didn't know why Oikawa, the smith, had become a PKer, but he hoped their intentions were for Esther's benefit. Lycan didn't know the situation, but he felt deep down that the girl's involvement wasn't deserved nor natural. Angered at only himself and the situation, Lycan let go of the branches and lost sight of the group.

He flopped down on the tree's bough and folded his arms across his chest like a pouting child.

"It's bull---!" Lycan proclaimed. "Just because they have numbers greater than mine, I couldn't do a thing if I tried..."

"It's bull---..." repeated the youth, this time softer.

"Let's get the hell out of here, Ariel," Lycan commanded, shifting his weight so he slipped from the tree and landed below. "I gotta go kill something. Sitting around isn't making me any stronger..."

The novice swordsman plucked Harbinger from the grass and fixed it to his back. His otherwise gentle features remained twisted and disfigured with anger. 

Oikawa simply nodded as Esther explained her side of the leash. He could only shrug as to why someone would willingly be leashed up, but he realized the saying 'to each their own', was more than applicable here. Hearing another familiar voice, Oikawa could only feel a twinge of regret as he was called out on his verbiage. "You're right, normally I'd refer to the person in question by name. It seems my manners deteriorate when I'm around her," mumbled the blonde in response to Takao who had joined their dispute. Despite his apparent bravado, Oikawa was never one for malicious conflict especially given all the work he had done to remove that association that came with his crystal. Sighing, he offered Mari a hand. A visible sign that he knew he was out of line and wished to apologize.

"Despite my words, my cohorts are right. There is no need for violence here, especially given Esther's disposition to the whole thing. You have my apologies." Whether she took his hand or not, the blonde displayed nothing short of neutrality to the situation now.

More annoyed than anything, Oikawa glanced to Baldur and Takao before addressing them both. "Teayre's meeting will be starting up soon. We should make way before we're late."

Turning back to the lasses, Oikawa offered a slight bow in their general direction. 

"Esther."

"Mari."

With that he turned to leave.

Baldur breathed a small sigh of relief once Oikawa put away the sword, though it wasn't until he finally seemed to relax once Esther chimed in. He knew people were into that kind of thing, but Baldur had yet to see one paraded around in SAO quite that way. However, when Mari copped an attitude with Baldur for trying to calm down the situation, his respect for her waned. If she wasn't going to own up to her part of the situation while parading around a low level player on a leash like she was her pet, then he had nothing more he would work with.

"Esther-chan, thank you for clarifying what is going on. Hopefully you feel comfortable enough speaking to us with Mari around. We will respect your choices, we just wanted to make sure you weren't an unwilling prisoner." Baldur's eyes followed Oikawa's back as his friend walked off. Turning his head to nod at Takao. Baldur had never seen Oikawa fly off the handle like that before, but the gaijin samurai felt relieved to know that Takao as well was present. Baldur had no idea if he could take Mari in a fight, and while he knew Oikawa would never put him in danger that way should Baldur force himself to intercede between them, knowing that Takao was there to watch their backs, as well as to deescalate the situation, was incredibly reassuring. 

Moving as if to follow Oikawa, Baldur hesitated and turn to admonish Mari for being so unemphatic, but Baldur thought better of it, and instead only gave them a polite nod before taking off after his friend and comrade. Baldur walked beside him in silence for a moment, and then playfully rapped his shoulder with a fist and gave Oikawa a nod of support, before they left the field to head towards the new boss meeting.

Mari glanced to the side, and her eyes narrowed - just off to the distance, not too far from where she and Esther were standing - sat a big fluffy white lion. "Tch." The lion seemed to have an issue with both Mari, and the collar Esther wore. "Dumb mutt." She muttered under her breath. 

As the discussion continued Mari turned her attention back toward Oikawa. He mentioned that his manners deteriorated around her, and Mari shrugged. "Don't blame me for ya bad manners, bub." It wasn't exactly fair, to just blame someone else for your actions, sure - her presence could piss him off, but its not like she was the one who went and bothered him. With both Takao and the other man around, Oikawa seemed to back down. Even going as far as to offer his hand for Mari to shake. 

Mari's first instinct was to slap it away and to exclaim she'd rather stick her hand in a nest of fire ants - she almost did, her eyes narrowed and she even and her hand drawn, but she stopped. Hearing Esther once again offer her such praise that she really didn't deserve. Mari closed her eyes, drawing a deep breath. "Mmm." She grabbed his hand and gave it a firm shake. "Tis fine.." She mumbled. It would be difficult getting used to being around people again, and not being such an ass about it.

Without saying much more, Oikawa turned and left, offering both Mari and Esther a short bow and parting words. Mari crossed her arms, speaking in part, to both Takao, and Esther. "Suppose I can't get too pissed when they offer their apologies. Huh?"

Finally....finally the situation seemed dissipate, as the golden haired youth, Oikawa left - seemingly satisfied with Esthers answer. Esther laughed softly at his response. "I can see how it appears strange at first, but I assure you - I'm the one that insisted upon this. Not Mari."  She turned her attention to Baldur, who seemed to be the most polite of the group. "Oh, of course I feel comfortable talking around Mari. The situation just..." She glanced back toward Oikawa, "Having someone angrily storm up to you with their weapon raised, it's kinda scary." 

Esther leaned in to whisper toward Baldur. "Please excuse Mari, she's really nice when you get to know her. I promise."

Esther turned to Takao, "Takao yeh? You seem to know Mari right?" She glanced from him back to the pink haired girl. "I don't think she shows things well, but I think she likes you. Here..." Esther held her hand out to him. "It's wonderful to meet you, my name is Esther. I hope we can see each other again in...uhmm..." She glanced over at the other two players who had confronted Mari, they were now walking away. "A less abrasive atmosphere? Yeh, I'll go with that." She turned her attention back to Takao. "Thank you. Whatever you did, it seemed to help the situation."

"I was emphatic before, I think... before joining this game" she said while looking towards the fake sky above. "I don't know if it will be for better or worse but in time this... game, will change you more than you want it to." she said with a sad expression which was visible just for split of a second, a unmasked version of how she really felt inside her heart. It didn't last long though as a 'Tsk' from her lips announced the return of the usual mischief smile she had. 

Seeing Lycan act like that after having a bit of internal struggle the blonde giggled and jumped down behind him. "I'm all for leaving, after last time we meet.. seeing Mari again will undoubtedly light some sparks that I'm not in the mood for now." she turns towards the general direction where the commotion happened, then puts her thumb and middle finger next to her lips and whistles loudly.

After that the blonde lets out a sigh and turns back to the platinum headed teen putting a hand on his right shoulder: "You know, if you would've stormed in there I wouldn't have let you face them alone." she said in a serious tone then a wacky idea came into her as she drew her face closer to his right ear and whispered: "Besides, that girl looks like she doesn't dislike being in a leash, I've made items far more .... uncommon that weren't meant for battle. I could make you something similar if you want me too." she ended with a giggle, hoping to soften his expression a bit. Going into a fight to blow off steam wasn't a bad thing, she just needed to at least try to calm him a bit before he'd go hurt himself... in a bad way.

Meanwhile, Kimba stood there and felt a bit ignored by the group, except for Mari who cursed once noticing the lioness, the rest just.. weren't interested... not even the girl which she showed concern for her freedom. Hearing a faint whistle sound the lioness also growled hissed at those who were leaving/ignoring her then made her way towards her companion and the wolf boy. 

Hakai glanced around. Rin hadnt shown yet, and no one was really talking with her. As such, she deemed that it was time to leave. She gripped the handle of her katana, sending one last glance towards the two player killers. They certainly seemed to be very interesting people, and definitely quite dangerous as well. She wasnt sure if she wanted to steer clear of them or get closer, especially the man. She turned on her heel and started to walk back towards the starting city, wondering what had happened to Rin to make her so late. Still, she was glad that Rin wasnt here. Who knew what stupid thing the girl might have done. She'd probably have ended up being killed by one of those orange players. She would certainly remember Itzal for the future. He seemed very dependable. She stepped into the safezone and headed towards her shop. She was done here.

[Hakai leaves the thread]

As the others spoke around him, Takao remained mostly silent. Insults and labels were thrown only to be followed by reconciliation. While his eyes bounced from one player to the next, briefly examining them along the way, his hands slipped down into the pockets of his jacket. He seldom enjoyed playing the role of mediator and certainly didn't think himself to be in such a position, and instead merely stuck around because he found the squabble to be enjoyable as a spectator. None of their ill-will seemed to be directed at him, anyway.

Following Oikawa's apology, he had turned to Baldur and himself, informing him about the meeting.

"Oh, right. Raid meetin'. Almost forgot 'bout it." Takao said to Oikawa with an exhale. He had intended to scout the floor himself, but with Teayre and Macradon racing off to claim the opportunity for themselves it seemed a bit redundant. He had the top score to beat in that endeavor after all, so there was some entertainment to be had in sitting back every once in a while. His torso turned to watch Baldur and Oikawa depart, lifting one hand from his pocket to wave. "I'll catch up." He said just before they were out of earshot.

He smiled faintly at Mari's comment and shrugged his shoulders. "I'm sure he meant well. He's not a bad guy, after all." Takao said, mulling over the thought. By the very definition of his status as a player killer, one could easily contest his "not a bad guy" claim. Shaking the thoughts from his head, Takao refocused on the other voice to address him.

"Yep, that's me." He said in response, offering her a slight smile and shaking her hand after it was held out to him. Following her glance to the two that were walking away, a light chuckle resounded in his throat. "That's a good way t'put it. 'n it's nice t'meetcha, Esther. I'm not sure I really did anything, though. It seemed like it was solvin' itself out. Anyway, sorry t'cut this short, but I think I might be runnin' a bit late for the raid meetin'. I'll see y'two 'round sometime, yeah?" He said, raising his hand to wave to the two before trotting off after Oikawa and Baldur.

Hikoru looked around as the conflict has subsided, and he was left up in the tree alone. He looked around to see multiple players leaving the area, incuding a certain blonde-haired girl with a white Lion trailing her. He jumped through the trees and soon landed beside her, giving her a heartwarming smile and a small hug on her side as he turned around and gave Kimba a bit of attention, petting her and giving the familiar a small peck on the forehead. He smiled an stood again and caught up with the two other players that were walking, smiling and taking Ariel's hand.

"Hey guys, how are you guys doing?" He said, giving the young player a look. He didn't trust his situation, but he would walk along and see how things are going, if this young man could be trusted and trying to not steal his girl. He was very... protective of these sort of situations, and he would make sure his presence was known, until they went into town of course, because of his crystal, he couldn't go in. So he would make sure this... Kid, would make sure who the top dog was.

(OOC: How Hik looks at Lycan here. Slight Swear word warning)

"Well..." Mari said as she stood up from the rock, it seemed that everyone was going off to another Floor Raid meeting, just how many floors had they cleared in her absence? Sine she walked out of the very boss raid meeting she was leading? Mari gave her head a slight shake. There was no way she'd return there right now. Not with all the commotion, the fighting, the petty rivalries. It was something she refused to deal with.

Mari turned to Esther, who had finished up her conversation with Takao, before he too left. "Damn kids gotten pretty strong." Mari mused, watching him run off after the others. "Anyway..." She turned her attention back toward Esther. "I think I have made my point yes? This thing..." She held up the chain that bound the two together. "Is that really something you want to put up with?" She gestured toward the people, "And that- that hateful ire, is that something you want to be around? Think about it." Mari dropped the chain in front of Esther.

"I'm going back to the 10th floor. Do what you want."

-Mari Leaves Thread-

Itzal heard a lot of commotion coming from the place where Oikawa had went and decided things were getting a little heated.  He didn't know exactly what was going on but it was clear that there were players who weren't exactly with a good reputation in the front lines.  And anyone too dangerous for the front lines was definitely too much for any low level player.  Itzal wasn't exactly low level anymore but he certainly wasn't a high level by a long shot.  He turned to the two players he was talking with.  "I think we should probably head out now.  It was nice meeting you two and I hope we can meet again.  Maybe we'll be able to talk without something drastic happening every few minutes," he finished with a chuckle.  He began to walk away, waving at the two as he headed for the forest to rejoin with Alisa.  He needed to check to see if she was still safe overall and decided to stay with her until the following morning.  Just in case.  As he reached the first tree he scaled it and began to leap from one branch to the other silently, becoming a phantom that glided through the forest trees.  This was easy for him as he had much practice in the real world, let alone more so here with all the trees and medieval like buildings.  Speaking of which.  It was almost time for Alisa to begin her advanced training.

-leaves thread-