[OP-F2] Lakeside Fun <Open to All>

Itzal listened to the woman ask why he wasn't with his friends rather than with a shady figure such as herself and he shrugged.  "I guess that just depends on how you view someone as shady.  As a scout I tend to lay low and my choice of armor might scare others off but that doesn't mean I'm dark or anything like that.  Appearances can tell some things, but never judge by them.  I learned that a long time ago."  The woman talked about how he shouldn't be seen with people like her and pointed to some sort of emblem on her belly.  He narrowed his eyes to focus on it, getting all of it's detail but he couldn't identify it.  From what she was telling him, she and her friends probably had a bad reputation.  While this did make him a little more alert and cautious he was not about to drop a potential friend or ally.  Everyone had their reasons for doing things.  Itzal himself would have done some things he saw as justified if it weren't for his friends intervention.  "Well.  If my friends look down on me for being with someone who's looked down upon publicly then they weren't truly my friends were they?  Real friends stick by you no matter who you hang out with.  Sure they can warn you about the dangers, but overall I think my friends would back me up.  I'm the kind of person who likes to hear both sides of the story and they know this.  Although if you don't mind me asking out of curiosity, why did you come here if not to relax?" 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Opal was caught off guard by the mature words of the player. She looked down and then up at him, he didn't know about Laughing Coffin? He didn't know this woman by her name, of course stories of the female should have been spread from the frontlines already to the others alerting them of her and her guild's presence in this world. She sighed and shrugged her shoulders, "I was interested in see what was going on. I just happen to come across this place when I heard laughter and splashing of water. Seems like you guys are just out here relaxing and enjoying your time. But nothing more than more than that."

The woman lifted her arm up and her long blade had dematerialized from view. After the words the player had spoke, she didn't want him to feel threatened, and if he didn't know about Laughing Coffin, then there was a good chance she didn't want to bring it up. For these kids, who were able to play freely in such a way, able to have a good time. She bit down on her lower lip looking towards the lakeside; all those happy face. She remembered why she had joined with Laughing Coffin in the first place and she steeled her nerves.

"I am Opal from Laughing Coffin, I killed a Front Liner sometime ago by the name Ssendom. Laughing Coffin is a Player Killer guild and we kill without mercy to anyone..." she stopped, her eyes clearly changed from that saddened look to a more dominating gaze, "Now you know who I am, and you my side of the story." She squinted slightly, her black lips curled, "This may sound sudden, but what if I decided to kill all those players in the lake now. I am level fifty-five, and I have the means to do so one way or another. Would you take so kindly to an individual who just said they were part of a Player Killer Guild and act so friendly towards them out of good intentions?" 

There was a glint of blue from the corner of her eye, did she really just see a massive fish monster being wrestled by..."Ugh...him..."

Itzal internally relaxed a little bit when the woman removed her sword.  She glanced at the lakeside and he caught a glimpse of.  Sadness?  When she turned back to him however, the sadness was replaced by a look of dominance, authority.  He wondered if it was a mask for not only himself, but her as well.  He had heard how if one wore a mask for too long, they themselves would become the mask, believing it to be true.  He stayed completely still as Opal told him her guild and their purpose and that she killed a player yet her cursor was green.  By the time she had finished she challenged his kindness.  She's testing me to see if I'm like others.  Well, the best answer is the truth, and there is no other.  He took a quick breath before replying.  Hopefully she would accept it as his truth.  "First, no that's not your side of the story.  You've told me what you did and who you're a part of, but anyone could tell me that.  Most likely they'll point at that.  No, your side would be the reasoning for killing that player.  Nothing is done without reason, even if it's mindless pleasure.  As for your killing all the players here you might get away with a few, but I doubt you'll take us all out, unless you've got more pkers around here.  And just recently I spotted Calrex.  I met him briefly during a quest and I now know he's currently the most powerful player in Aincrad thus far.  Even if you did go out killing everyone here I can't hate you Opal.  I would feel sorry for you should you choose to kill players but seeing as how you've only killed one, or at least so you've told me, I can't help but feel like there's a reason you're failing to share with me.  Whether you choose to share or not is your choice.  But should you want someone to talk to I'm willing to listen to anyone."  And with that he finished.  He could only hope that his suspicion was right and pray for the best.

Crimson eyes beamed from the opening of the forest that lade to the lake below. Several green crystal dotted the scene, giving him a rather accurate representation of Aincrad's active players. Armor removed, and weapon aside, the blonde only donned a pair of swim trunks that he had once used in the tournament against the previous holder of Achilles, Tristan. A small grin found its way to his features. He missed the old days. Hmm maybe with the coalition we can bring something like that back,  he mused. Taking a step from the shadows of the greenery, Oikawa spotted a peculiar crystal being bounced around upon the surface of the water. Suddenly it was launched to shore and beneath the little emerald was a bluenette he was all to familiar with. Bringing up the messaging menu, Oikawa selected a certain bi-color haired girl from his list and typed out a quick message.

To: @Kiru

Subject: Lake Party

Down for some R&R? The lake on floor 2 is host to some old and new faces it seems. You could use another break with all the training we've been doing. -Oik

Sending it off, the blonde then took off towards the bank, eager to see what had sent Calrex flying.

"Reason for killing? Hahahaha." The woman laughed almost bending over from the ridiculous thought. She waved her hand as if to dismiss the silly thought. People broke when she got close to them, perhaps she could break him as well. Opal took a step forward, her eyes narrowing as she began to prowl around the character as if stalking him like prey, "You want a reason from a player who is in a PK guild to give you a why I had done so? It is rather simple don't you think? Yes of course, there was the pleasure in doing it. I reveled in his lose because he deserved it. But more importantly, it was to gain infamy for the Guild. To let Aincrad know that Players like us were now a more organized outfit. We kill without reason, each one of us a right and reason to do things. My reasons were to get the name out and to let the Front Lines know that we existed. Nothing more, and nothing less." 

The woman stopped right behind the player and her lips curled once more, her snakeskin armor seemed to round about the player, not touching him completely, "You say you wouldn't hate anyone who killed so many people. You would feel sorry for them? Hahaha, do you know the cruelty of player killers? Children even, are not safeguarded by such people. There are those in this world who do things far worse than death to others, did you know Urbus is known for its human trafficking, sexual molestation of children as well? You only see this..." the woman gestured to the Lakeside.

"Happiness, and fun. Sometimes we all forget this is a game where life and death matters. And we do not see the underlying evil and darkness this world breeds or the sadness and dispaire in the veterans who fight and lost their friends in battle, or because one of these...Monsters killed them just for breathing. You White Knights are all the same...and yet, you are all stained with the belief anyone can be saved." The woman leaned in close to his ear and whispered, "I wonder how much it would take for you to hate me."  

Beatbox had not liked the amount of people that was around this area, he looked over to see that Itzal was talking to a figure in which he couldn't hear what they were talking about, but he figured for a moment why he was here besides being here for Alisa. However he figured that with this amount of people that was appearing... who knows what one would do or say, Beatbox stood back up and brushed off his armor. "I'm gonna go off and look for some materials, I'll catch you around Alisa." he said as he patted her head and gave her a smile "Stay safe!" he said as he walked off away from the crowd, he looked back and saw all the fun that people were having, however Beatbox didn't have any swim gear to properly enjoy the water... so they only thing he could do is sit back and talk to others, however there are a huge gathering of people and Beatbox doubted that he would be able to keep up with a conversation with someone, so he instead decided to leave, he then walked away from the lake to go to another location to find materials.

Beatbox had left the thread.

OOC - I'm only leaving the thread because I am too lazy to keep reading everyone's replies xD

Itzal listened to Opal laugh now, insulting his statement that there was always a reason.  He listened to her as she orbited him like a predator would a prey.  He listened to her as she shared that she killed the player simply to get the word out.  She questioned him on his knowledge on how dark people could be and how dark and twisted this world was, and how it did the same to players.  He listened to her as she spoke about white knights and how they believed anyone could be saved.  Then she questioned how much it would take to make him hate her.  As she spoke he didn't quaver or shake, nor did he follow her gaze.  Even as he felt her close to him he didn't move.  There was no way he could be embarrassed in a situation like this.  His fast mind was running and there was no stopping it.  When she finished all she got from him.  Was a sigh.  "I know how terrible man can be.  I've met too people thus far who would kill without hesitation most certainly.  The first being the man who murdered my parents and the second being a woman named Teayre.  To lay down a point there was once a time I hated my parent's murderer but no more.  I've learned to let go of that.  And all I feel for Teayre is sadness that she had chosen such a path.  As far as this world the only difference I see between this world and the real one is that people cannot reproduce and it's game like mechanics.  Other than that I don't see anything different.  We have pain, and suffering, but also have enjoyment and love.  Just like the real world we can die at any time and that's it.  No more lives.  I'm no knight in shining armor.  I can't possibly protect everyone from the cruelty of this world.  And don't think that just because I want to help others, doesn't mean I think that everyone can be saved.  Many are doomed once they've chosen their paths, though there are the individual few who still have a chance at redemption.  And as I said again, you could kill everyone I know and while I would fight you to protect them, even if it meant my own death for a chance at their escape."  He turned around to look at her in the eyes.  "I still wouldn't hate you Opal."

The woman shook her head, displaying the fall of her hair off the shoulders and cape of her armor, "Your words are a lot like his." the woman said gesturing to the buffoon riding the Monster Fish, "And his wife is Tearye, the one you mentioned who might be too far from redemption. But her time will come soon enough, no one can escape the fate that has befallen them. We all will pay a price in the end." The woman moved away from the player and leaned against a trunk of a tree as she looked at the sea of players that were having fun, being merry and without a care in the world.

"You would save all of them and sacrifice yourself? How noble of you. Are you sure all of them are worth protecting? There is no doubt in your mind that would sacrifice yourself to save them all. Are you not scared of death? Do you not have a future that you wish to see? Are you so selfless you would help them all and how far are you willing to go to do just that?" the woman had questioned this player, if not for the fact he was under leveled, she would see him as an equal to herself. She had her plans for people, this one was a wildcard. He could be used as a pawn later on, but right now, she wanted to test his resolve. Lifting herself from off the tree, she crossed her arms over her chest, "Could you kill a player to save your friends?"  

Wow.  That sounds like something Domarus would do XD

Itzal glanced at Calrex when she gestured to him and listened as she told him Calrex' wife was Teayre.  Did they marry before she started killing or after he wondered.  He listened as she basically told him 'I'm going to kill her and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me'.  Then she questioned his readiness to sacrifice himself for his friends and family.  He looked at her for a moment and was about to respond when she added the last part.  He remained silent for a moment to gather his thoughts.  Or at least, lasso a handful of the mass ocean of thoughts in his mind and sort through them.  Finally he spoke.  "Whom Calrex chooses as a wife is his own decisions and I cannot speak for him.  I don't know him well enough though I do think I will try talking to him about this sometime.  As for if I think their worth it, I think that while I might not know many of them.  They all have different goals and history, potential for greatness.  They all have families and loved ones who will miss them if they're killed.  I haven't met several of them but I do know some of them.  The girl and the boy together over there are Alisa and Beatbox.  The girl with the blue hair joining them is Mina.  She crafted a sword for me not too long ago and recently parted with someone.  And then of course there are the others that I can get to know over time.  As for my readiness to die?  Sure I have goals.  I want to get out of this game as much as the next guy.  I want to find someone who will love me as I love them.  I want to have a family.  And yet all this is undecided and has not happened.  If I had someone dear to me, more than anyone in the world then perhaps I might hesitate then.  However I still care for others and can't help but want them to continue living.  Now I don't mean I'll just rush in there with no plan or hope for victory, no.  I learned that from Oikawa after he, uh.  'Tested' low level players on the first few floors.  As for killing others?  In the most extreme cases, if there was no other choice, and my opponent would not back down, I would kill out of self defense.  There's no point in just surrendering myself to die.  That's suicide and I believe suicide is wrong when there are so many options for us.  Although I wouldn't like it Opal, Self Defense is the only justification for killing someone else.  At least that's what I've learned thus far."

Rin sighed and sat in the water now realizing that this crowd was growing far larger then she really cared to generally attend particularly after the crowd almost doubled in size from what she could tell. The people who were all about the lake now to the point she couldn't even hope to keep her eyes upon them all. A deep awkward sigh now passed under breath as she began to wade back up back to the front of the lake. Perhaps at a different date she would wander her way back to this lake when the crowds dispersed. For now it was far to hectic for her to make any sense of it.  It seemed like one of the men partially disappeared though, Itzal perhaps hew as off in search as well for the different materials that she overheard from across the lake. Beatbox was already leaving the little lake party now when she stopped seeing a stranger whom she hadn't met before.

He was seemingly hunting down the most ridiculous sized fish she had ever seen, although their were such contests in game for people of his ability enjoying it as a sport. When the unsheathing of his sword however to face off with this fish she began to recall an old story. A whaler who also took rather absurd measures to hunt down the game of a life time. Moby Richard. Or perhaps it was some other name, but she really didn't know the story well enough besides how could an animal be associated as something so rude. Shrugging her shoulder's Rin then looked back to Domarus and Esther whom seemed to be enjoying themselves.

"Um well it was nice meeting both you and your friend Esther though I think I'm probably gonna go back home it's getting  a bit more crowded for my comfort."

"Well then, Player. It looks like today is the day you get to rejoice that you become a martyr. You said you would hesitate if you found someone you loved and cared for, do you not love and care for your friends here enough to save them? You are just like Calrex, you would go out of your way to save one out of the many. People like you make me sick. This is why the world created people like me. But I am tired of this..."

The woman once more held out her hand and called upon her blade The Masamune X. With a glimmer of light, it fell into her hand within the saya. The woman slowly began to peel the blade from its sheath as she looked it over, finally once again revealing the brooding edge, "I challenge you to a total loss duel. Or, you can take back everything you said just now and run along back to your friends there. Play, swim...forget this ever happened and live to see the light of tomorrow. However should that be the case, your words will hold no meaning to me in the future, and when it is time for me to pass judgement again on your soul, I will remember such words and there will be no backing out." 

The woman swept her blade side to side, "This is Masamune X. I suppose you should know the name of the blade that killed you this day." her pointy finger skimmed across the long seven foot katana as she then held the blade and pointed to the player, "Decisions, decisions. To become the Martyr you so selfishly believe in, or to live another day and find your words are for naught."

OOC: Just stating this now, Itzal has nothing to worry about IE being forced into a duel or anything as such. I dont want the Wrath of Lycan upon me. 

Thank God I don't want Itzal to die in Aincrad and have no intention of it happening XD

Itzal listened as Opal once again scoffed him and suddenly pulled out her blade again.  Then she challenged him to a duel.  This action caught him by surprise and he stared at Opal with a tense figure.  He listened to her taunt and he sighed once again.  As Itzal began to speedily change his cloak to Niger Natio he spoke to her.  "Like I said, I don't fight to the death unless I'm forced to do so.  If you intend to fight and kill me two things:  The first being a reminder that the other players will probably overhear us and rush over.  The second being that I find it surprising for you to challenge a player who is clearly no match for you, only to test and see if I were truly brave enough to do so.  It's pointless.  However."  He leaped away a good few feet, now cloaked in his black armor Niger Natio, and Ascendants Rosario materialized in his hand and he took a defensive position.  "If you truly intend on killing me I know you'll stop at nothing to stay high enough level to be capable of killing me.  It wouldn't matter where I go or how long it took.  If you truly want to kill me Opal.  Then I only grieve for you.  But I won't stand by and let you kill me.  This isn't about running away or taking a stand.  It's facing the inevitable and wishing it were otherwise.  I'm not afraid to die.  But even if the odds are against me I will fight to my last breath.  And I will not give up.  I have friends and family who wait for me.  I cannot let them down.  They're the best thing that's ever happened to me Opal.  And I won't let them go."

"He was serious..." Opal listened to the player as her hands were brought back to keep the blade up at length, using both hands to keep it squared with her body. Her violet eyes intensified as he got into a defensive stance, his words were true. She was too much for him to handle, now and forever, which is why more than anything in this world, she had to continue to do as she had done. For the sake of the future and for these people. She too had laid down her life for everyone and she would continue to do so, however, she was not passive like the others. She drew blood, to make a point and her fight would never truly be over. 

"Even now you are faced with defeat, you do not shy away from your words. Is this your pride talking? Or do you really care about those people swimming in the lake?" She already knew the answer from the conversation, he believed in his ideals much like Calrex did. He too would kill to protect himself if he had to and others to protect those he loved. The woman gave a downcast gaze towards the ground and her feet slid away from her stance, "I don't feel very much for a battle right now. You have proven to me you will not back down to save these friends of yours. However, you must realize you made a mistake. There is a player here already who could have helped you, that man with...oh god, what is he doing with that fish now?" Opal looked back towards the player riding the fish in an all too comical way and she placed a hand on her forehead, "The likes of him being the most powerful in Aincrad...That man could have saved your hide should you have only called out to him, sparing your life in return. There is no cowardice in asking for help, unless all your talk is built upon a wall of pride. In the future, remember that. When you are faced with hateful eyes and you have people at your back...Call for them. Do not die a meaningless death. Do you understand?" 

Edited by Opal

ID: 68272
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 133 Remaining)

"Whelp, this is definitely not what I was expecting in a fishing experience. Next time I'm just going to stick with the fishing pole."

Fully aware that he was probably creating some form of a spectacle, Calrex felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head before leaping to the side of the fish's tail, piercing the Grand Blade II into its back scales. The monster fish then decided to go back across the water, bringing him in tow, "Geezes, come on this is just unfair."

Quickly scanning his surroundings the bluenette saw a nearby rock formation that was jutting out of the lake. Releasing his sword from the monster's side he kicked off, landing on the rock before Roc got eyes on the creature. The blue falcon tattoo appeared over his cheek as he launched forward, triggering <<Charge>> so that he would carry him across the water.

Unleashing <<Meteor Break>> his sword became covered in the shining golden aura of the Sword Art. His opening charge connected, slamming into the creature's side with enough power to knock it off course. Rapidly slashing against the side of the creatures scales flew off, disappearing into crystals before he finally pierced into it again on the last attack, "Great, that's a chunk...oof!"

As the fish was stunned from his attack it tilted over, falling onto the water sideways with the bluenette on top. With that it began to flail, attempting to get free, making the place Calrex was standing nearly impossible to stand on. Instead, he was only able to hang on by his sword, being shaken up and down with the flails

"Stop...doing...that...for...a...second...please..."

Calrex: 1485/1485 | EN: 133/144

Lake Monster Fish: 534/743 | 20 DMG (13+5+1 DMG * 11 Art = 209 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

Itzal listened as the woman questioned whether he was speaking of pride or the desire to protect others.  He shook his head.  "We're all just humans Opal.  We've all made mistakes and we've all done what we thought was good at some point.  Opal I try to avoid pride.  Pride is the illusion that we are great when really none of us are.  We're all human."  Then Opal stepped back and told him he made a mistake.  When she told him about calling to friends for help and how it wasn't cowardice he thought for a second.  He nodded to her as he pulled his mouthpiece and hood down.  "Your right Opal.  I'll take your advice next time.  However, I feel like your not following your own words."  He pulled up his menu.  Despite the fact that she had secrets she obviously didn't want to share yet, and despite that she had a goal she refused to tell him about, he was willing to hear her out any time she felt the need, and was willing to help her in anything that wasn't against his beliefs.  He sent her a friend request.  "Just in case.  Everyone needs help, your right, so no matter where you go or what you do.  If you ever need me.  Give me a ring ok?  As long as it's not to kill me that is," he finished with a chuckle.  He looked up to her in her eyes.  "Even if you hate me please take it.  Everyone needs someone they can trust." 

There was a pop up from her interface, it was a friend request from the player Itzal. So that was his name. The woman dismissed the pop up, "I have no desire to make friends with anyone especially people like you. You have my respect for now, let's leave it at that. Cause at the end of the day, I am still Public Enemy number one for most of people in Aincrad. This mark of the Laughing Coffin is a symbol to be feared. Do not mistake my leniency for kindness...Now, fall from my presence." The woman turned her back on the player and walked away from the scene. She had stayed within the area to mind her own business, that player Itzal was much like Calrex. She sighed that players like him were more often in numbers than not, it made her job all the more difficult. She stood between two trees leaning out and watching the scene unfold.

Those violet eyes seemed heavy with thought, she was protecting all of Aincrad like she had promised herself so long ago. Bits and pieces of fabricated lies to mask her true desires. These kids, who played and splashed about without so much as a care for the world upon their shoulders. They were the future she was protecting, hoping that her will to fight would never become dirty enough to be something she hated. Her heart would be within her chest as she looked down at the Masamune in her hand, those thoughts continued to weave constantly in her mind. She took a long inward breath and expelled slowly through her nose, was she insane to think she could save this world herself? Saving...? Was she really doing that, or was her form of Justice just as polluted as the idea of Laughing Coffin. In the end, she was a Player Killer just like they were. No matter the color of the crystal over their head. She knew this and despite all that, she continued this path of carnage. 

Careless eyes watched them play; it was enough to see this...to endure the days to come. 

Itzal watched Opal dismiss his friend request and he made a mental sigh.  She had made her decision.  He could only pray for her.  He nodded to her.  "See you then.  I truly wish you the best ok?"  As she turned to walk away he watched her leave before turning back toward the lake.  After this event he needed to take some time off.  As he approached Alisa, Beat and Mina he was still in Niger Natio with the hood and mouthpiece down and Ascendant's Rosario hanging on his back.  His face would show worry, deep thought, and a hint on anxiety.  He stopped in front of them.  "Hey I uh.  I need to head out.  Something I need to think about ok?  I'll be seeing you guys soon, there's a quest I'm expecting to pop up soon.  I'll see you two then ok?"  He turned to Mina.  "Thanks for getting me involved Mina, it really means a lot to me."  He looked at the players in front of him.  His friends.  These three, along with several others as well as his own adopted family in the real world, was who he was fighting for, along with everyone else in Aincrad.  He knew there was more to Opal than she told him but she chose her path.  He could only hope that in the end she could find peace.  He made a weak smile to his friends before heading back to his shop/home.  And he would be there until dawn the next morning.

OOC- Itzal has left the thread.  I hope I get the same SP as everyone else in this thread XD

Alisa continued to lay by Beatbox, laughing and talking with him. More and more people were showing up, and it was turning into a real party! Some of them were scary some odd, but all looked interesting to talk to. Sucks she didn't bring more food, could have catered this event. Oh well, perhaps she should get some stored up just in case this ever happened again? Could be a profitable business venture at some point. But that wasn't for discussion right now. She was too busy having fun. Itzal walked up to them and said hi but...quickly left for something before she could even return the hi. What an ass. She chuckled lightly.

"I guess I should go meet some new people huh?" she asks, staring out across the lake towards the other end. "It okay if I leave you Beatie?" she chuckles again, laying against the sandy shore.

Raze briefly considered assisting the blue haired boy but quickly realized that this fish was way out of his league. This guy will have a massive filet when he's done with it.

Satisfied with the answer from the similarly haired young man lying prone in the lagoon, Raze locates a nearby rock outcropping and sets himself down upon it. Stretching and yawning, I'm going to have to return here when there isn't any people. It seems to be a relaxing place. Considering the events of the previous day, he could do with some R & R.

I'd love to help, but I would likely die in a single hit. So instead Raze casually made the gesture with his hand and scrolled to his inventory retrieving some bread and a container of water and began silently observing the fish hunting exercise. These guys are really high level, huh? I hope I can get close to their power one day.

He was oblivious to the now increased number of people, fortunately for him. Because he most likely would feel uncomfortable and leave otherwise.

Edited by Raze

"Right," she mumbled.

Kneeling down, her hand dipped into the liquid. Testing the temperature of the water before deciding that the warmth was rather pleasant. Standing back up, she took a deep breath before dropping the shroud of the cloth draped over her, revealing her white bikini beneath. Stepping to the edge of the water, she slid in, letting the water consume her. An audible "ahh" could be heard as the slightly heated pool coated her.

"It does feel rather nice."

Resurfacing, the blonde eyed a brunette who had slid into the pool next to the white haired youth just as the other one walked off to claim a rock as his own. Offering a small wave Galilea opted for small talk.

"Lycan right? Galilea. Have we met before? And you?" she questioned, gesturing to the brunette. She hadn't seen the girl walk up, which given her usual awareness, made her wary of the lass. Sitting back into the water, she awaited the white haired youth's response.

Edited by Galilea