[F1-OP] On a second thought ... <Boss Raid Meeting ... The second what that is>

Boss Meeting Thread

Outside the Town of Beginnings, Macradon sat on a small hill with a top point wide and big enough for a big flock of people to sit on while everyone was at the same level of height, not counting in their own height. The first formal meeting was done in the Guild Hall, mostly to show off the guild, as it had begun to run stagnant, ever since Mack disappeared, not much had heppened socially in the guild, and Macradon had some kind of bad after taste in his mouth as he felt that it was his responsibility as the one right under Mack's position. Inhaling slightly to give out a deep breath, Macradon would send out a global announcement, once again, to call in for a boss raid meeting.

Dear citizen of Aincrad,
I, Macradon of the KoB, hereby call everyone willingly to join yet another raid meeting as stated at the last meeting.
This meeting is not for too much discussion, but mostly making parties, teams and dedicate different players to different parties.
The location of this meeting is not in the KoB Guildhall like last time, but instead on the first floor in the <Grasslands> in front of the <Starting City>.
This is done to welcome Player Killers as well, so they're not neglected the ability to voice their opinion at the meeting.

Kind Regards, Macradon.

He would send out the message and hope for the best. The Sun was high, it was just a bit past noon, so the day was still sunny, even though winter was on its way over the Castle of Aincrad. Macradon would be wearing his armor, but with his green robes over the armor to stay as casual as possible, as well as not wearing his helmet. His white hair was blowing in the air as Macradon would squint his scarlet eyes together as he would look over the grasslands that he sat upon. He would probably have to wait for a long time before anyone else would arrive at the meeting. 

Even though Itzal was very much leaning towards not going on this boss raid, he decided to join the meeting yet again.  The last one hadn't gone well for him.  Not only did he not like the guild and it's leader very much, but he was pretty much useless in both the meeting and the would soon arrive boss raid.  If what they said was true and that the boss most likely had extreme mitigation as well as probably immune to most status effects, all Itzal could really do was stand there using items.  And he could only hold five consumables total.  He had attempted to gather materials for the front liners, but things continued to pop up and he just didn't have the time.  Thus he would give what he had and go gather at a later date.  This time the meeting wasn't in a guild hall and thus pkers could join as well.  He made his way up the hill and spotted Macrodon again...  And was very much surprised to see that he was the first to arrive yet again.  He cocked an eyebrow.  Really he thought.  He shook the matter aside and sat down with a sigh.  It had been a rough week for his guild, trying to resolve issues between members and Beatbox' accident had made things rough.  He wasn't sure how Opal would react to seeing Beatbox with a red cursor.  Itzal knew it was stress that just burst outward when someone had accused him of something, but the poor guy had nearly killed himself afterwards.  Itzal knew there was regret and therefore hope.  However he wasn't sure if Opal would see it the same way.

@Macradon

Jonathan could not help but smile as he received the message for the boss fight. He was not completely decided about going, due to the fact that he was still only level thirty one, and only had a hundred mitigation, but it was still worth to go. He was surprised however that it was not held at the KOB guild hall. He smiled and pulled up the collar on his White Jacket with Gold trims. The jacket increased his loot finding ability, but was also to be causal. He was on the thirteenth floor at the moment, which was currently his favorite floor. He sighed and stepped onto the teleport pad. Floor one, Starting City! In a blue flash he vanished from the thirteenth floor and popped up on the first. His green eyes gazed around, and his blond spikey hair ruffled in the wind. He put on a smile and seen the man that had sent him the message. Macradon, who was also his main blacksmith. He journeyed over and felt a nervous burning in his chest as simple words raked at his mind. You are not good enough to be here. You are not strong enough, you are going to die. The Tank Paladin of the Celestial Ascendants shook the thought away and smiled to Mac. Hello.... I figured I would join you today and talk to some people to see If I am ready enough for this boss battle. Jonathan looked beyond the hill seeing a few players grinding. He returned his gaze to where he had come from. It appeared he and Macradon were the only ones here. Perhaps for a little while longer.

Am I even ready to join here? I know I can join the frontlines, but can I tank in the frontlines yet? I mean, I have more mitigation than most, but it the bosses deal a ton of damage, and I can't take that much yet. The blond tank looked over to Macradon. I have one question of the boss, I have heard everything stated at the last meeting from Itzal but do you know if the creature will have a high damage output overall? I know it will most likely deal AOE damage but will that be a lot of damage. Jonathan smiled to the KOB player. Jonathan looked around actually seeing the player he had just mentioned. Itzal was standing silently away. Oh... I thought I was the first one here my friend. 

Edited because of @Itzal XD

Edited by Morgenstern

Baldur closed down his shop in the town of beginnings and made his way to where Macradon had said that the revised boss meeting would be taking place.  A lot had happened since they last met, and the landscape for this boss had changed greatly. He wasn't quite sure how to handle the changes himself, nor how the frontline would be shaped by what they had to say. As he approached the hill, he saw that Macradon, Itzal, and Morgenstern had showed up already.

"Ohayo!" He called out and waved to the three others, offering them all a smile and a friendly nod.

"Good to see you all here. I hope we've all used the time productively?"

The wanna-be gaijin samurai was clothed as he always was: in his light armor the color of sunset, with his blue and white haori over everything, and a set of katana at his side. Causal or not, he always wore his swords, and his hand settled on them in a relaxed way that showed he was very comfortable with them on his hip.

"I'll be curious to see who else turns up for this meeting."

Bhairyuu had been on his way to explore the streets of the <<Town of Beginnings>> when he noticed that familiar new announcements icon pop up in his HUD, so he paused in his sojourn, sat down and began to read the content of the announcement, muttering to himself

"Hmm, so a new boss meeting already eh? Sounds interesting...and I need the experience anyways for later so why not?"

With that, he set off for the <<Grasslands>> area mentioned in the announcement. Once there, he spotted Baldur, his blue haori making him stand out from the others, so Bhairyuu headed over to him, walking at a leisurely, long stride and his hand up in the air doing a lazy wave to @Baldur. Upon getting within earshot, Bhairyuu called out, his rich baritone but melodious voice drifting through the air easily

"Ohayo Baldur, long time no see, my friend. How're you doing?"

As he moved towards Baldur, Bhairyuu took off his medium sized black Chinese hat and the gentle breeze blowing through the area flowed through his coal-black hair tied up in a hgh spiky pony tail causing it to swish about softly and his karusan-hakama fluttered gently due to the same breeze during his motion. As he came within sight range, Bhairyuu put on a polite smile and a respectful expression in his keen jade green eyes as he regarded Baldur while waiting for his response.

Khrysaor was just outside his shop on Floor 8 lazing about in the nice weather, when a small noise could be heard indicating that there was a new message for him to check out. He lazily swiped his finger a few time and came up to the message, and skimmed its content. He brought his head up and thought, 'I was wondering when they would bring up the second boss meeting. Its been almost a week or maybe a week and a half since the last one which ended kind of prematurely. Well, it seems like I have something interesting to do for the day, why don't I go check it out, and observe and learn more. Since, I will not be going on the actual boss hunt this is a nice way to get in on some of the action.'

Khrysaor got up and dusted himself off, before he went in the direction of the teleportation gate. Once, he reached the gate and was enveloped in its light he stated, "Teleport-Town of Beginning, Floor 1" and disappeared in a swirl of bluish-white light. He reappeared on the first floor not too long after and headed in the direction of the grasslands. Once there, he saw a pretty decent sized group of players gathering up on a hill, and thought that might be the location for the meeting. As he got closer to the meeting he spotted @Bhairyuu in the small crowd and waved his hand while calling out, "Hey man whats up been some time, hasn't it."

Domarus had considered for a while whether or not to go join a boss meeting.  At first he didn't think it was time for the front liners to know his name and face but now.  Now that he had four potential candidates for his four generals, as well as his good reputation on the first floor, he was ready.  So when he had received a message that the new boss meeting was on the first floor he nodded at it and turned to Keres, his brown haired servant/only friend who dressed in maid's clothing.  Porvós, her flaming serpent, was curled around her.

"I'd suggest you stay in the shop until I get back Keres.  Not sure how the front liners would think about me coming with a maid."  Keres bowed understanding completely.

"Understood master."  With that she began making her way back.  Domarus himself began moving in the direction of the meeting with Rhozarth, his red dragon with a dark iron skeleton-like armor and constantly ablaze sitting on his shoulder.  Domarus had been training Rhozarth not to make players uncomfortable by staring at them too long with it's calculative eyes and it had done so beautifully.  Domarus switched to his dragon bone armor, the armor he wore when in public in contrast to his Hopebreaker set, which looked black, intimidating, and pulsed a dark red glow.  Soon the meeting was in view and he spotted multiple players:  What seemed like a knight, a samurai, the scout he'd met once, the tank paladin, and two lower level players.  Domarus walked up to them all with a bright face that could convince everyone but Mari and those who knew him that he was a knight in shining armor.  He walked to the knight first and offered his hand to the host.  

"Hello blacksmith.  It's been a while.  How've you been?"

@Macradon

I was in my bedroom, taking a nap on the bed, when I got abrupted by a notification. I opened my crimson eyes and changed to sitting position. With a click on the note the message poped up. Didn’t took long time for me to read thru it all. When I had closed it, I placed my elbows on my knees and leaned my forehead in my open hands. A deep breath let out of me. I knew I had to attend to this meeting. From a particular movie they said ‘with great power comes great responsibility’. And as one of the strongest frontliners, it was my responsibility to be there, preventing any possibility of someone losing a life. Slowly I rose and walked up to the opened window, a gust with the smell of saltwater met my face. For a minute I just stood there, watching the waves of the sea splash up aand down, up and down. ‘’No, this wont do. I have to get going now.’’ I said to myself as I turned around, walked down the stairs and left mine and Jomeis house behind me.

A few minutes later I exited the town of the beginnings and headed towards the <Grassland>. As I arrived, there was already quite a bunch of players present. None thou that I was very familiar with. Nor was any other frontliners here. Well, except the meeting-hoster and the samurai. Macradon already was in a conversation so I just sent him a ‘hello’ together with a smile. Then I walked up to Baldur. ‘’Hi. Nice to see you here as well. Hope the meeting will be more organised and get out more planning then the last meetings we have been having.’’ I said to him in a relaxed tone.

To his surprise, people would arrive at a speeding pace, quicker than he had anticipated that was. He did not have to wait for more than a few minutes before the first participant would arrive, and just shortly after another one. He had no time to really greet each of them individually as they both came, nearly at the same time as well, those two, @Morgenstern and @Itzal. "Hey you two. Good to see you coming to this meeting today" Macradon would say, offering some spots on the dry grass. When the sounds of boars and blades clashing weren't being the ambient sounds of the grasslands, the rivers and ponds would take over most of the nature's beauty out here. If it was silent enough, a stream of water would be heard not too far from where Macradon had placed the meeting spot, but that was just a coincidence after all.

As he looked over at Morgenstern, a few questions would be launched at Macradon. "Hm ... I did not catch too much from what I saw in the boss room, it was just one big giant colossus, so I would think that its damage would be great, complimenting the sheer size of the monster" he would say "And with the AOE part, I'm not too sure if that's the case, but it sure would seem fitting for a giant beast like that to hit in wide arcs with its giant arms" Macradon would reply, hopefully answering the questions Morgenstern had for him. Though his answers were slightly vague due to the lack of information that was at hand in the boss room, Macradon tried to give as much as possible to the man. Macradon would stretch his body slightly to let the blood flow through him, he had just been sitting here while not doing much else, so he would proceed to stand up.

"Well met" Macradon would reply to the samurai, @Baldur, that would appear, probably also joining the boss raid, a good asset for the raid. "Good you could come" Macradon would say with a smile adorned upon his lips. "I agree" Macradon would say with a slight chortle slipping out. It would be interesting to see player killers arrive, if they ever would arrive. With a light shoulder lift for himself, Macradon would proceed to see more people joining the small "party" that had started here. A small get together like the one af the Guild Hall, but this time also accessible for Player Killers. Macradon was happy that it wasn't discouraging that Player Killers could be attending the meeting for most players, as they could be seen as major threats. Looking over at a trusty Patron, Macradon would wave slightly and greet upon him "Hey there @Domarus, I'm doing fine, thanks, how 'bout you?" he would ask the man.

This, of course, wasn't the end of familiar people that would arrive at the meeting. One of his close friends, @Zandra, would arrive. One of the players who're guild-less, a 'loner' so to speak, but she wasn't alone, she had her husband to support her, though Macradon hadn't seen Jomei for quite a while, maybe he too were retiring back in his house. Letting out a small lightening breath, Macradon would face and smile at Zandra. "Hey Zandra, what's up?" he would say in a casual manner. The last meeting wasn't really a well thought out meeting, but this time Macradon had a plan on how the meeting was supposed to be, but not a true agenda like that, just a guide line on how he wanted the meeting to function.

After greeting a few other players Macradon turned to speak to Domarus.  After the two had greeted Rhozarth nodded to the player, not because he was a worthy general, the man was too selfless to be in that position, but to greet the player with manners as discussed.

"I'm doing alright my friend.  That armor you made really helped me take down anyone.  I thank you for it.  Oh and this is Rhozarth, my familiar."  The flaming dragon with black skeleton armor nodded again.  Domarus chuckled and turned to Macradon after the player had greeted Zandra.

"So what about yourself?  I heard you found the boss room so I assume you've been busy.  And I don't know much about your guild save for a few rumors that speak both good and bad about it.  Mind sharing some details on it and how it functions?"  He knew this player couldn't provide all the intel he needed, so he'd need to place a player in their ranks at some point to gather inside information, then when the time was right the player would have a proper reason to leave and after some waiting, would join Domarus ranks officially.  He intended to do this with all the guilds.  Originally he intended to join the Celestial Ascendants so he could influence multiple players but Aereth was already there so he'd provide the perfect intel once he'd turned that man into his scout general.  Then there was the Spectrum Coalition.  Perhaps Domarus himself should try getting their attention so he could temporarily join and get a feel for how they thought, moved and acted.

@Macradon

With a small smile on his face, Macradon would thank the gesture "Sounds good that the equipment I made could be used for something useful, and thanks, @Domarus, I'm doing fine" he would say and begin to walk back to his spot where he were before "Please take a seat, if I can even call it that" he would say and gesture with his arm down to the soft grass. "My guild ... huh" he would reply with a shallow sigh. "It hasn't been going great. I, as the Vanguard commander, had been busy, as you stated, finding the boss room. Our Vice Commander has gone MIA and he was the one really holding us all together as a small family. The guild is slowly crumbling into nothing again, each member falling off because the glue isn't there to hold us together anymore ... I'd love to take the Vice Commander spot, but that's just not my forte, I'm better at fighting than actually ruling anything" he would say with a slightly bummed out voice.

It was quite sad that the guild had its peak and was now nearing rock bottom. He did not like this at all. He had heard nothing from his friend, the Vice Commander, and all he knew was that people didn't want to be in the guild without him. He had not much to say at all, he was all caught up on clearing the floors than actually taking care of his guildmates like Mack did, seems like Mack was the superior Mac. Well Mack did have more experience leading a guild, and Macradon had just been guildless for the most part, maybe being in a guild once or twice, but those guilds disbanded quickly because of different events that wasn't really like this one. "Without Mack, the Commander and I are the Higher Ups, and even though together we're mightier than most, but when we're seperated, we're not much different from the other frontliners" Macradon would say "The Commander has his massive Charisma, but lacks the free time to tend his guild. I have all the time in the world, even though I always get caught up with boss scouting, but I lack the Charisma, Mack was the middle ground between us" he would say, quickly snapping out of his small talk.

He would snicker lightly and look at Domarus "Thanks for listening, even though it might've just been me venting out" he said with a light grin. Though it seemed dark at the moment, Macraodn had other plans for the future. More scouts were slowly showing up and that let Macradon tend his guildmates rather using his time and effort on finding the boss room, he had already done it once now, twice if the also take in Malethis, but that was a second find. Macradon would use his money, materials and time to make his guild feel like a family again. Macradon was slightly concerned that all of his strongest assets didn't want to stay without Mack, but he had no choice at the moment, he just had to try to revive the guild again, hopefully doing it soon.

Macradon seemed very pleased to hear that Domarus' armor was working very well.  However once on the topic of guild rose up, his attitude changed dramatically.  Rhozarth noticed that the player didn't acknowledge him and this made the familiar dislike the man even further.  However it tried not to show it as commanded by Domarus.  Domarus listened to the knight's words and when the player paused to think some more Domarus considered what he heard.  So the knights of the blood oath was falling.  Due to poor leadership it seemed.  Domarus could of course, step in, rise in their ranks, and seize control but it was a broken system from the start.  If he took control he'd need to change so much that they wouldn't be the knights of the blood oath anymore, but something else entirely.  That's why he would build an organization of his own from scratch, and was already doing well.  No, he did not want a group like the KoB.  When Macradon thanked Domarus for listening and he nodded with a comforting smile.

"No problem my friend.  Anytime you need someone just let me know.  I'm sorry to hear the guild isn't doing so well, and that your friend is missing, but surly it will turn around sometime right?"  

@Macradon

Jonathan watched as the many people began to arrive. He caught sight of Zandra, Domarus, Khrysaor, Baldur and Bhairuu. Jonathan was a bit saddened to the fact that there was not that many frontliners out here. Zandra, Baldur and Macradon were the only for sure going to the boss fight. Itzal and Jonathan were not yet sure. Macradon had no information of stats on the boss, which was... understandable. He only got vision from it, and he only knew by what went off the creatures size, and appearances. Jonathan sighed and noticed Domarus and Macradon, deep in discussion. Jonathan turned to @ItzalDo you believe we are ready for this? I believe I could survive a boss fight for sure, but not sure if I could last i I tanked yet. I believe we would be better off, sitting this one out, or just be there as support characters. Jonathan was bummed by his words. He really wanted to be there this boss fight, showing everyone he belonged and he qualified. I guess my whole goal has been to impress everyone? Jonathan questioned his motives, but to him they were not fully clear. He wanted both. He wanted to impress people, but also actually wanted to do the things that he would do to impress. I guess I just want to be known for something great and honest?

Bhairyuu had been observing the conversations going on between the more advanced players of the lot with keen interest, trying to glean all the experience he could from watching and listening to them when he heard an all too familiar shout-out addressed to him specifically, so he turned around with a sigh and waved back at @Khrysaor while beckoning him to come nearer

"Yo, bro...yea it has been a while since we last saw each other...how're you doing so far?"

With that done, he fell silent and while waiting for Khrys to come closer so they could chat some more, he went back to waiting for @Baldur to greet him back if he wished to and also to observing the other players in action and wondered what sort of team he would be put on this time around...since the last time he participated in a boss battle, his team consisted completely of women save for him, not that he minded one bit, but still...he figured it would be nice to see some more variety and equality in the gender ratio for the teams.

Green, Beatbox was happy to be able to walk around this floor without worry of players looking at him wrong, he had learned about the second boss meeting where we would establish parties and figure out who is with who at this meeting. Beatbox has seen the group of players and smiled to see mostly celestial ascendants but he had seen Baldur. He smiled and messaged Itzal before walking up to the group of players.

Spoiler

To: @Itzal

DONT YOU SAY A WORD ABOUT ME. SAVE YOUR WORDS TILL LATER.

Then walked up behind Baldur and gave him a pat on the back with a wink "It's been a while hasn't it my friend." he giggled and looked toward Macradon and said to him with a smile "I've only grown much more stronger since then." he looked back to Baldur "I'm no where near the level for the next tier, but I can dish out much higher damage now. Level 35." he giggled with a smile. 

He looked around the area and didn't see Hakai, he had seen Itzal and Morgenstern... along with Zandra. However the rest of the bunch was unknown to him, except Domarus... but a part of him knows he's up to no good. He shook off his thoughts and looked back to the conversation that he took part in with a wide smile.

@Baldur @Macradon

"Huh, guess another meeting's been called. Looks like this time outside of the safe zone. Alright then, best start making my way over and give Tea the heads up as well."

With a small stretch Calrex got up from where he was resting, making his way speedily over to the teleportation plaza and transporting himself over to the first floor's Starting City. After materializing alongside his familiar, Roc, the bluenette began to make his way to the designated meeting point, swiping on his menu while doing so. Rather than equipping a weapon this time around, he chose to merely use his bare fists. The first floor's creatures were at a strength level that he could easily fend for himself without usage of any of his armament, as long as he made sure to keep his armor on him. At the same time, it would also serve as a gesture to represent he had no intention of instigating any hostility.

Sending out a message over to Teayre with the coordinates for the meeting he stepped out of the gates, putting his hands into his jacket pockets as he continued walking, "Supposedly this meeting is for determining the formation and teams. Guess that makes sense, since this boss will require some tweaking in strategy, especially when it comes to dealing with the limbs in order to strike at the weak point."

Glancing at the group already assembled he gave a nod to each of them before moving over next to Baldur, "Good to see everyone's doing well."

With that he looked over at Macradon to hear what came next.

Itzal watched as players moved in, several he knew and one he didn't but recognized from the other meeting.  He looked up when Jonathan asked him a question and Itzal sighed.  "Personally, I think we should sit this one out and wait for the next one.  Opal had a good point in the last meeting:  This is the last boss of the second tier, so it'll be very hard.  Not to mention that if it is a rock giant, then I doubt any of my status effects will be useful.  The best I could do is deal minimum damage most likely.  If I did join it would be just to observe while I use safeguards and get healed by the healer as needed.  Unless of course they want me dealing minimum damage just because, I don't know."  As he stopped he spotted Beatbox approaching...  With no orange cursor.  Itzal's eyes widened but when he saw the look Beat gave him he said nothing.  He stood up and leaned in to Jonathan.  "Don't say anything about Beatbox' orange cursor.  It would be a very very bad thing if Opal heard about it."

@Morgenstern @Beatbox

Hikoru appeared from the shadows of the few Trees that loomed in the area surrounding the group. He had started getting the hang of his whole shadow thing and was glad that it was working out for him well. He came over to his guild members, grabbing @Beatbox and giving him a small noogie with a smile, then patting @Itzal's and @Morgenstern's backs, making his way towards the large group. He came over to @Macradon and gave him a small smile and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly

"Sorry i'm late, had a few loose ends to tie up." He said with a small smile and a laugh. He sighed and gave him a nod "Im a DPS, so put me wherever-" Then he leaned in close "But can I not be in the last team? I've been stuck there forever and would like to move up if possible" He said with a sly smile. He sighed and looked at the rest of the group, giving the low levelled players a small nod and looking at @Calrex and @Zandra and giving them a small wave, then returned to his Guild Members, and leaned in "So tell me what I missed here. Itzal your face was too easy to read from where I came from, so apparently I missed something."

"Not bad man, not bad at all. How about you, what have ya been up to all this time?" responded Khrysaor, as he wrapped his right arm around @Bhairyuu shoulder, and watched as the higher-leveled players discuss their next boss battle, and how they should tackle the problem. Khrysaor then said to Ryuu with a small sigh, "I really do have to wonder how long it will take us to reach their levels. I would really like to participate in one of these boss battles one of these days. The sooner the better."

Khrysaor observed the scene and tried to figure out the personalities of each of the players there and see if he could gleam any information for later use. He got a little hungry and could see there was still time before the real meeting truly got underway, he had a chance to get a bite to eat. So, he took out a small container which contained some sushi, and a pair of chop-sticks and started to munch on his snack., while he waited for Ryuu to respond and for the meeting to get under way.

More frontliners he knew approached the meeting, this was great, but even though more had come, the numbers were still low. Macradon would greet the fellow frontliners as they arrived slowly. Though before the frontliners, a special person had arrived, it was Beatbox. Giving off a soft smile, Macradon would reply "It's fine" and would give a small wink as fellow frontliners would set their feet at the meeting's location. Seeing as @Calrex came to the meeting, Macradon would approach him with a smile and greet the Ultramarine Knight. "Hey, Calrex, good to see that you could make it. I think we'll start discussing the subject of parties soon" he would say with a smile, just as Hikoru would arrive. Nodding at @Hikoru's request, Macradon would smile in delight "I'll try to put you somewhere else than just on the 3rd party" he said "Maybe the first or second, we'll see because I doubt we'll be enough to form a 3rd party with the amount of participants I see here ..." he continued as he awaited some more people