[F1-OP] On a second thought ... <Boss Raid Meeting ... The second what that is>

Beatbox looked around... the number of players was looking a little low... worst of all we we're wasting too much time before this battle, Beatbox grew a little irratated and said out to everyone "We need to get a move on here, we have been spending way too much time screwing around when we could have started the battle by now. We need to settle this pronto, the more time we waste is the less time we have to beat this game. And I don't know about everyone here, I want to see myself get out of this game." he said looking around at the other players, he took a deep breath and faced Macradon "You may place me anywhere between any of the teams, my next build will be a defensive DPS, I will have high damage while having enough mitigation to keep me alive. I don't mind tagging along with anyone as long as we stay on task towards victory." he said with a bow.

@Macradon @Calrex @Baldur @Itzal @Zandra @Morgenstern @Bhairyuu @Khrysaor

I looked around at the participants of the meeting. There wasn’t that many players present. Even worse, the lack of frontliners was kind worrying. Wasn’t the ones at the previous meeting ready to join? I know that some of them probably going to show up. But why wasn’t they here now? When we was going to decide the teams? Since we needs to know their builds to max out the efficienty. Builds, right. I remembered last boss fight. The fronlines at the moment had a huge lack of tanks. Probably we wouldn’t be able to muster enough for this boss fight. There was several low and medium level players that was working to become tanks. Thou there was only Calrex of the higher ones that was a dedicated tank. None here had said it, but I realised what I must do. Thou I wasn’t sure I wanted to. But, you cant always let your own interests come in first hand. Have to think about others safety as well. I gulped, took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a few moments. Then I went a little closer to the host to get his attention. ‘’Well, it seems like we do lack the amount of tanks. And it wouldn’t be good to repeat Takao’s action from last fight. You can place me at any role, my damage is pretty high and I can heal. But if needed, I can be one of the teams tank. My role is in your hands now mister smithy.’’ I said with a plain face and neutral tone in my voice.

Standing a short ways away from the gathering of high level players, she examined the parties from afar. A boss raid meeting.. the very first she'd ever seen, and certainly the first she intended to join. Most of the faces were recognisable - in fact, save for one man who dressed in Japanese-style garbs, she at least recalled meeting everybody in attendance before. 'You know they say, best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. Second best is now..'

Birdie pushed onwards, closing the gap between herself and the meeting. She overheard a voice, Zandra's from the sound of it, mentioning the lack of tanks on the Frontlines. 'So it is true.. I wouldn't fulfil that role at all.' She felt hesitant - was it truly worth their time to slot her in somewhere? Her weapon skill was almost maxed- one skill point would push her over the edge- so her damage wouldn't be terrible, but most likely a tickle in comparison to most Frontliner's damage output.

She sighed - at the very least, it was worth talking to the group. Waiting for a quiet moment to settle, Birdie approached and joined the meeting, giving a small wave to the people she knew. "Hey- uh.. I know it might not be the best time, but are you still accepting new participants?" The question wasn't directed towards anybody in particular; she looked towards Macradon whilst speaking, figuring he was the organiser. 

Edited by Birdie

Today was supposed to be yet another normal, boring day; the most action she'd see would be  by running errands related to her shop's business. Since she closed the gates for the general public, its been relatively peaceful... the blonde accepting orders only from people with pockets bustling of col, at the extravagant prices she deemed fit for her status of Master Tailor.Now that mean blue blood NPCs were mostly her clients while there were also the random PMs from players that helped keep in touch with current trends and events.

But today she did nothing of that sort instead, after closing her shop way earlier than usual, she 'equipped' a blue flower patterned yukata1  and decided against 'wielding' the overbearing two handed assault spear that she used as her main weapon; instead she had in her hand a simple umbrella with frills2, overall giving her a very girlish aspect. After one more look in the mirror to make sure her golden hair was braided properly, she took off towards the 11th floor's teleport plaza; her destination, the Grasslands located on the first floor. A weird place to meet considering where the previous meeting was held. 

Once she got there, she'd recognize several friendly faces while other not so much... the fact that this meeting was put off 2 weeks still pissed her and Knowing the KoTB's 'play safe' policy, she would most likely have to wait at least 1 more week until things would shift into gear. As she passed by the people attending the meeting she couldn't help but mutter to herself , in a way that whoever wanted to listen would hear her words: "Wish I had a handful of players with whom to attempt in defeating the boss. I not fond of Mari but I still admire her resolution on the 11th floor. If only..." stopping her train thought as she looked in the distance.

She spotted Hikoru and hear several players complaining about the lack of action. She walked up behind her dethroned and put her arms around his waist while gluing her ample bosom to his back; resting her chin on his right shoulder after giving him a small smooch on the cheek, she adressed the host: "I see we're having a picnic over here, too bad I forgot to pack some lunch." she didn't even bother to hide the sarcasm in her tone. "Are there any plans later for a camp fire, and us sitting in a circle singing 'Kumbaya' ? " she'd decide to halt her banter there and in exchange next spoke with a serious expression: "At this point I don't care where you place me. Only thing I want is to hit hard and get a chance for that Last Attack bonus as I've been only been helping people get it in previous fights.

Spoiler

pHrOPjL.png

Disorder.  Pointless.  Lazy.  Those were the words he chose to describe this meeting.  His familiar sat on his shoulder scanning for any participant who might actually take this meeting seriously.  When it did it gestured to the very player.  Domarus turned around and spotted the blonde boy who spoke up, trying to get things moving.  The woman Zandra, whom Domarus heard was the only healer on the front lines, said she could be put anywhere but looked a bit nervous while doing so.  Then two participants joined.  A blue haired girl and another blonde haired woman.  The girl wanted to know if she could join.  Judging by her appearance and stance, either she was a powerful level and just had a fear issue, or she was nowhere near ready for this boss raid.  Then Rhozarth forced Domarus' attention to the blonde woman who was passing by the group.  She was muttering something that he could hardly hear...  Hardly.  One word caught his ears though:  Mari.  Mari was a player he had dealt with in the past.  If they wanted Mari he could certainly get her, but he was not sure if that would be the best of options.  He'd also have to do it in a way that nobody knew he had connections with her.  That it would be a random tip off.  Still, perhaps the pink haired woman would enjoy a fight in the front lines.  He shrugged to the players.  

"I'm here to get a feel for how things are run.  I'm not ready to join you all just yet."

Edited by Domarus

Nodding at Beatbox, this was tedious that it was taking this long to actually get the prep done for the raid, which was really irritating. Macradon did not want to set back anything, and especially not the frontliner's work. He would exhale heavily as this was really a burden he felt he was having upon his shoulders. Looking up at everybody, Macradon would need to rush it as it didn't seem like more frontliners were arriving. These were probably also a good enough rough count of who would arrive at the final battle. Macradon would look and take in account of who and what people were, if they were frontliners or not, what build they had. Macradon had not too much information of everybody that he weren't familiar in battle style with. He was sure that the usual frontliners's builds were, but those he hadn't seen in action he had no idea what were good at.

"Alright, to cut through all the small talk, this is what I've come up with" he said and would drag out some notes he had been taking. He would state out all of the information he got on each person and put them into teams accordingly. "Since we don't have that many healers left ... this is what I got for our parties" he said and would tell the people of the positions they were given and which party they were part of. "Party number one, main Vanguard. This team is directed at damage, but we need the sustenance of our resources. Calrex; Tank, Ariel; Main DPS, Baldur; Secondary DPS, Healer is Open, Morgenstern; Secondary Tank, Filling slot is open" he said, giving out what he seems was a reasonable team.

"Next is the second party" he began "Heathclif/Zandra; Tank, Hikoru; Main DPS, Beatbox; Secondary DPS, If Heathclif does appear, I want Zandra to be the healer of this party, I, Macradon; Secondary Tank, Itzal has been placed on the filling spot in this party." he said, having said all names that were present with the Commander being an exception. He would look over at Birdie, who had also arrived at the scene "I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to accept you, it would be a task too dangerous for anyone below level 30 at least" he said. Boss raids has gotten a lot stronger over the months, so having someone below the threshold of level 30 would not be accepted to raids when Macradon was one to lead the way like this. He might not be the greatest Raid Leader at all, but he did his best, even if it really wasn't that good. "Meeting dismissed. If you have any comments, please do come and talk to me, I will be in front of the boss room's gates" he said and would end the meeting this abruptly.

13deefda2724ffe4a0e35b3570f20ddb.png

Thread Completed:
Acquired:

1 SP to all attendants.
30 Col to all attendants.