[PP-F1] Clearing the Kobold Infestation

I heard footsteps behind me, but I knew it was my party members. 'I see you guys finally caught up." I said, with a soft tone. The tension between Argumail and Primrose might be a problem. I thought to myself as I swing my sword into a circular motion. I couldn't see much ahead of me, but I still had a sense of direction before approaching something dangerous. I stood still for a moment, but continued to walk. Was there something there? I thought to myself, as I stop swinging my sword.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped when Echo stopped, I knew it. I thought I was just imagining it but I guess not. I walked faster, far ahead of Echo until I felt uneven ground. The ground wasn't very stable, not safe. I felt for the wall and pressed myself to it. I inched along the wall until I reached the other side of the room, which took me very long. When I walked into the next room a Kobold spawned and charged at me without warning. I kicked my foot at it and made a hit to it's face. I took out my sword and leaped at it, trying to be quiet about it. If Echo or anyone heard me they would think I was in trouble, which I kind of was. I didn't want them to come because if they just blindly ran into the room, they would fall through the floor. I was thinking of this too long because the monster bashed it's ax on my shoulder and went back to it's spawn.

Mayonaka 16/17

Kobold 10/10

May walked past me, but far ahead. "M-May?" I said to May, but she disappeared within the shadows. I ran after her, and almost fell from the uneven ground. Something is off with the ground. I need to find May quick. I thought to myself. I slowly walked out and felt even ground once more. I put my sword against the wall and reached for the other side of the wall with my left hand. I felt and empty slot with my sword and walked towards it. I heard something.. A growl? I thought to myself. I look to my Party Status to see May have taken some damage by a «Kobold». Without hesitation, I jumped into the dark room and see the glare of the axe. I kicked the axe and the spark from the ground enabled me to see the face of the «Kobold». I lunged into the «Kobold» severely damaging it. I pass right through it, "May.. Don't leave without me." I said to May, as I run to her side.

PARTY

Echo 15/15

Mayonaka 16/17

ENEMY

Kobold 7/10

BD: 10

I was shocked to see that Echo had gotten to me so quickly, and that he didn't fall through the floor. He lunged at the kobold and spoke to me, but I couldn't hear what he said. I wiped my forehead and sprinted at the kobold, hoping to surprise it. My tactic worked and I stabbed my sword straight through it's stomach. I dug my sword out and jumped on the head. Next I jumped forward and rolled onto the ground.

PARTY

Echo 15/15

Mayonaka 16/17

ENEMY

Kobold 4/10

Happy to see May was alright. I stood up and charged one of my «Sword Skill», but I rejected it. I didn't want to use «The Cardinal» to assist me during this battle. I raised my sword from the top and focused the «Kobold». "«Vertical»" I said with a soft tone, but the «Kobold» interrupted me and swung its axe at me. My body slamming against the wall. I grunted as I stood up, but I fell back to my knees. The pain felt real, but I knew I would recover over time.

PARTY

Echo 13/15

Mayonaka 16/17

ENEMY

Kobold 4/10

BD: 3

I knew that Echo was okay, he just needed a minute. I raised my sword high in the air and came down hard on it's head, doing critical damage. I looked back at Echo and waited for him to get up, hopefully he would. I knew he didn't feel it but mentally it hurt everyone.

13/15

16/17

Kobold 1/10 BD 10 -3 CRIT

I noticed how strange Mayonaka and Echo were acting and jogged up to where they were. When I got to the last place I was them they weren't there. The next room was really dark, enabling me to no longer see. I didn't notice the ground until it was too late.I screamed loud and heard my own voice echo throughout the empty room. I fell through the middle but caught on the ledge. I tried to swing my leg over to the edge but when I felt ground with my foot it crumbled and I was left to dangle there. I had no upper body strength to lift myself up so I waited for someone to come, hopefully not Argumail. He would definitely talk to me about falling.

I stood up, but in a weak state. I had to destroy this «Kobold» so we could advance further. I raised my sword high once more, ignoring «The Cardinal System». "Activate.. «Vertical»" I said, with a soft tone. I started from the top and ended on the bottom. Ending the «Kobold»'s life, shattering into a million of polygons. I took May by the hand and ran back. I felt the something was off, so I had to head back to the party.

I heard pebbles falling down. My «Night Vision» wasn't killed enough, but I still had enough to find Primrose hanging to the edge. "Prim, take my hand" I said, as I offered my hand to Prim. Things will get complicated if Argumail had found out what had happen. "Come on. We need to get you up here." I said, with a soft tone.

PARTY

Echo 13/15

Mayonaka 16/17

ENEMY

Kobold DEAD

BD: 8

I was able to grasp Primrose's hand, "There you go, Prim." I said, as I lifted her up and pulled her to my side. The ground flipped back, and rearmed the trap. "Are you okay, Prim?" I asked, with a concerned tone. I stood up with Primrose, and dusted myself and Prim off. My «Night Vision» enabled me to see a further distance in the dark. A heard some grumbling and I went in front of May and Primrose. I drew my sword with a block formation. Something is coming. This isn't good. There is no way May and Prim can get out of here. I thought to myself. It could be another Kobold, but I don't hear any growl. I thought to myself.

Argumail was disgusted by this arrogance he was surround in. He had the continuum wrapped in his mind and his plan was fool proof. No one had ever had should disrespect to Argumail's ability of command. He realized that this team was to dysfunctional and there was no reason why he should suffer through this. " Cedar, let go!" He shouted. Out came boggart about 4ft tall. it looked at Argumail and made a chirps and rustles. "No, I have to much pride foe myself to become a sidelines boy... we will go it alone... Mortambo planned for a much smoother op. But, he got a team of solo players."

Argumail ran head of his "party" and set down in a dark part of the mine. He looked at a ledge above him. He grab Cedar and jumped to the it. When he landed he rolled and dropped Cedar, "Check your corners!" and the Cedar did as he was told. He put took out a dagger and put it in the mine wall and then scale the wall and hid on the ceiling. He made a lot of noise on purpose so that a kobold would check the place out. The Koblod walked in and saw Cedar holding his wooden axes. The kobold inched close and close til he was in range. Argumail jumped down and slammed the kobold's face on to the blade. Cedar stared at him and Argumail said bluntly' "Don't look at me like that." Argumail ripped the dagger out of the kobold looted him and walked slowly into the shadow whistling " Oh His a Joy Good Fellow!". That was so easy and causalities were low, that's how a leader leads. If he had has "party" with him it his stratagem would be worthless. Intelligence is and always will be the decide of battle not brute strength. Although, it was true that their could be multiple strategist there could only be one commander who place the strategies in the cause and effect continuum. That's why Cedar was all he need because he understand that there is always going to be one commander.

Argumail 15/15

Cedar 12/12

"May.. Prim.. Stay here. For me." I said to the two, with a kind tone. I took off towards the grumbling sounds. I made my way through the passage, and I was able to find an NPC being harassed by two «Kobolds». "Uhm.. You!" I said to the NPC, "Run here, and stay behind me!" I said as a direct order. It was quite confusing at first, because I was talking to an NPC. The two «Kobolds» looked at me and my hate level has rose from zero to one.

I went in for the attack, but the two «Kobolds» worked together and blocked my incoming attack. "Ack.. Teamwork?" I questioned the system. The first «Kobold» attempted to counter my attack, but I was quick enough to launch myself away from the attack. Suddenly, lights came upon the room. I was blind for a moment, but I turned off my «Night Vision». I rubbed my eyes and took a defensive position.

PARTY

Echo - 15/15

ENEMY

Kobold 1 - 10/10

Kobold 2 - 10/10

BD: 5

Argumail burrowed into the heart of another foe. he licked his blade... delicious. he liked this just him and Cedar but, he felt the chill. " Oh how riveting you trying to pick us out one by one." Argumail smiled and turn around and was surround by Kobolds. " I wonder what your blood taste like." Argumail revealing his blood stained teeth making him look like a vampire. He stood up and he counted five. He threw his sword at one, who blocked back at him. He jumped and grabbed it and slabbed it through it's cranium. He got slabbed in the back... that's when he then snapped. All that nobleness went down to drain. He began to snicker at his blood dripping down his back, then it was a chuckle, then it progressed to a low laugh, and then a thunderous laugh. He blacked out. He awoke and he was Cris- cross leg in a puddle blood. He looked and saw NPCs shaking in fear of him. He smiled and pulled back a few strands of hair and got up and walked in to the dark whistling his tune.

Argumail 12/15

Cedar 12/12

The NPC ran behind me and took cover. "I suggest you run down that path. Once you go down that path, there will be two girls waiting for your return. GO!" I said immediately. The NPC ran without hesitation, I smirked and faced the two «Kobolds». There were two «Kobolds» and the room was lit bright. I could see my surroundings without hesitating to move to one place. The aggression of the two «Kobolds» were quite high, because I was the only one there.

The first «Kobold» attempted to attack me, but I jumped forward slashing its face twice. Leaving behind two marks on its face, but it slowly faded away. The second «Kobold» tried to attack me after I slashed the first one, but I was able to stab its arm and then slashed its eye. Before jumping off them. Giving me some distance.

PARTY

Echo - 15/15

ENEMY

Kobold 1 - 8/10

Kobold 2 - 8/10

BD: 9

Argumail whistled til he came to opening where Echo stood. "Oh?! How riveting two against one thats not fair." Argumail said while laughing. He tilted his head and revealed his bloodstained teeth. "May be I should taste your blood as well, haha hahahaha," He grinned. Cedar ran in and performed <> and healed Argumail. " Much better!" Argumail took out his sword and jumped into the air swing his sword at the Kobold's jugular.

Argumail 14/15

Cedar 12/12

Kobold 1 6/10

kobold 2 8/10

"A-Argumail? Did you see any NPC pass by you? As a matter of fact, did you see May or Prim?" I asked him as he missed his attack against the «Kobolds» I was angry that the fact he looked like a bloodlust freak, but he was a party member. I can't judge him because he hungers for blood. "You better keep that bloodlust to yourself, Argumail. I can't go berserk on any of us." I said to him, with a serious tone.

The two «Kobolds» forced their aggression towards me once again. I attempted to slash them both, but they both blocked my attack together. Again? Teamwork? I thought to myself. They both swing their axes down, but I was able to roll backwards from a safe distance. I was able to avoid damage, and kept my distance away from the two «Kobolds».

PARTY

Echo - 15/15

Argumail - 14/15 [Cedar - 12/12]

ENEMY

Kobold 1 - 8/10

Kobold 2 - 8/10

BD: 4

"Shut the hell up!", Argumail said, but you could tell something was off," I don't take orders from you...Alright distant is the chamber of defeat if I give him distant then, I give him my head." He turned around and ran towards a wall, the kobold followed and then jumped off the wall corkscrewing towards his enemy while Cedar attacked from behind. Argumail landed said," Echo, please forgive him my rudeness? I haven't seen your friends sor.." Noble Argumail faded back into insanity," GOo go find them WHEN I get this WAY I can't control myself... I could live with myself if I attacked you." Argumail said as he transformed in the crazied monster crying. He looked at the other kobold " Bloodlust? hmm I like it."

PARTY

Echo - 15/15

ENEMY

Kobold 1 - 4/10

Kobold 2 - 8/10

"You're a fool to think. I'll leave you with these two idiots." I said to Argumail, ignoring the fact that he could go maverick at any moment. Argumail.. you fool. A leader who can become a monster is no leader at all. I thought to myself, as I watch him transform into a crazed maverick. I threw my picks at the second monster and slashed it giving a ex mark on its face. I kicked off its body and kept my distance once more.

PARTY

Echo - 15/15

ENEMY

Kobold 1 - 4/10

Kobold 2 - 5/10

BD: 10

Argumail did a back flip and stabbed the enemy through his head and missed. He laughed, he was always a monster after what Terrence did to him. Terrence took everything from him... His friends, Probably his brother, and most importantly the love of his life. Argumail saw how Echo looked a Mayonaka he knew what love was when he saw it.

" Listen, Kid I've failed you but, take my order now like I followed yours outside... Go find her and protect her save your love... Do what I couldn't. Damnit GO!" Argumail shouted

PARTY

Echo - 15/15

Argumail - 10/15 [Cedar - 12/12]

ENEMY

Kobold 1 - 4/10

Kobold 2 - 5/10

"Tsk. STOP! May has what she needs. Right now, I need to kill these two and find that last NPC! You're coming out of this god damn mine with me! Whether you like it or not." I said to Argumail, refusing his orders. Leaving him alone.. protect my love.. WHAT LOVE? I thought to myself. I clenched my blade as tight as I could as started to slash the «Kobolds» at the same time.

But I had no effect on the two «Kobolds». They blocked my attacks together and slammed me against the wall. I flew to the wall like a rag doll. I fell to my knees with my sword stabbed into the ground. "You listen to me, Argumail. Whatever made you think that you lost something. You better forget it. You won't lose anything if you fight for it!" I shouted at Argumail, as I continue to stay knelled.

PARTY

Echo - 13/15

ENEMY

Kobold 1 - 4/10

Kobold 2 - 5/10

BD: 3