[SHOP-F1] Gurando Foji (The Grand Forge) {Rank 9 Smith}

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After receiving the message letting me know my new weapon was ready I make a u turn for the blacksmith's shop known as Gurando Foji. I find the shop fairly quickly and open the shop's door. It's a decent place, well stocked with many beautiful and threatening weapons. I walked to the back of the shop where the counter was located.

"Hey Oikawa! I'm here for the weapon you made ready for me." I grin excitedly. 'This is my first custom weapon.I'm going to be of more help during battle!' 

-500 col

+ Eternal Harmony (uncommon curved sword) 

Returning his attention to Ssendom, Oikawa supplied the requested paper and watched as the player drew the blade he wished crafted. It was fine in detail and would be a welcomed challenge. Taking the paper, he taped it into his ledger along with his order and smiled at the player. "I intend to give it my best effort. I shall pm you when it is crafted and once more when it's ready for pick up. Sound good?"

Ssendom nodded at him, "Alright then I shall leave you to it. Just let me know what you need and I'll retrieve it for you good sir." Ssendom stated as he then began to take a bow, "Till next time, have yourself a marvelous day." He turned and took his leave, waiting till his sword was ready for pick up.

The enthusiasm that literally seemed to emanate from the person that was addressing Jia suffocated him, the sudden mood of the area inducing some amount of disdain. The notion vanished as soon as it arose, however, due to Jia's current pressing concern. Finding the root of his problem, he spoke his mind carefully and clearly, making sure that his details were conveyed properly to the smith before himself.

"I keep missing my target in a fight, and it frustrates me. Do you think you have anything that could help my predicament?"

Although no other details were given, the sheathed dagger that hung at his side told exactly what weapon he used, along with the fact that it was still the starter weapon. If the information was all pieced together, it would seem that Jia was ordering a knife with an enhancement of Accuracy twice or so.

"Oh, and also. I only have 400 col at the moment, so I probably can't pay you for the order until I get back from the fields today. Is that fine?"

After receiving the message letting me know my new weapon was ready I make a u turn for the blacksmith's shop known as Gurando Foji. I find the shop fairly quickly and open the shop's door. It's a decent place, well stocked with many beautiful and threatening weapons. I walked to the back of the shop where the counter was located.

"Hey Oikawa! I'm here for the weapon you made ready for me." I grin excitedly. 'This is my first custom weapon.I'm going to be of more help during battle!' 

-500 col

+ Eternal Harmony (uncommon curved sword) 

The bell chimed as another player entered the shop. She marveled at the custom items for sell before making her way to the counter. With a friendly greeting she asked for the weapon she had ordered previously. The blonde grinned and replied. "Ahh the curved sword correct? Just a sec." He rummaged through a bin beneath the counter and smiled as he brought out an Uncommon curved sword. "Eternal Harmony! That'll be 500 Col." She then paid for her weapon and Oikawa thanked her for her business.

+500 Col

-1 Eternal Harmony

The enthusiasm that literally seemed to emanate from the person that was addressing Jia suffocated him, the sudden mood of the area inducing some amount of disdain. The notion vanished as soon as it arose, however, due to Jia's current pressing concern. Finding the root of his problem, he spoke his mind carefully and clearly, making sure that his details were conveyed properly to the smith before himself.

"I keep missing my target in a fight, and it frustrates me. Do you think you have anything that could help my predicament?"

Although no other details were given, the sheathed dagger that hung at his side told exactly what weapon he used, along with the fact that it was still the starter weapon. If the information was all pieced together, it would seem that Jia was ordering a knife with an enhancement of Accuracy twice or so.

"Oh, and also. I only have 400 col at the moment, so I probably can't pay you for the order until I get back from the fields today. Is that fine?"

"Ahh, it seems you struggle with accuracy. Judging by the dagger on your waist I assume you want a better one? Fill out this form here and I'll see what I can do. As far as payment goes, I accept materials and Col and the prices are listed here, " he gestured to a price chart as he handed him an order form. "I'll PM you when the item is crafted and when it's ready for pick up. You can pay for it then. Sounds good?"

Order Form:

Name: (Fill In)

Profession: (Blacksmith)
ID: (Leave Blank)
Roll: (Leave Blank) [Leave Blank]
Item Type: (Leave Blank)
Quality: (Fill In)
Enhancements: (Fill In)
Description: (Fill In)

June 5th-

The shop was quiet. There were no customers inside which meant it was a perfect time to get started on his orders. The blonde moved to the back of the shop and grabbed his gloves. Heating up the furnace, he grabbed a few materials and placed them inside to warm. Once they were primed and ready he nabbed his hammer and set to work.

Attempt 1

He knew he needed to craft a Perfect Armor Chestplate for a player named Shuyin. He focused on getting that done first. His first craft although not a failure, it wasn't a complete success either. He crafted the chestplate but it was of Good Quality rather than perfect.

[18720] Craft Die: 5 (4+1)

Name: (Prideful Heart)

ID: (18720)
Roll: (5) [4+1]
Item Type: (Heavy Armor Chestplate)
Quality: (Good)
Enhancements: (None)
Description: (A basic metal chestplate. Crafted to protect the wearer from basic attacks.)

Attempt 2

His next attempt followed the same route. Resulting in another Good quality armor.

[18721] Craft Die: 7 (6+1)

Name: (Malice)

ID: (18721)
Roll: (7) [6+1]
Description: (An armor chestplate crafted from black onyx. Provides basic protection and provides no buffs)

Attempt 3

The third craft, like the two previous resulted in a Good quality armor. The blonde sighed as he added it to his growing collection. I need to sell these eventually even if for scrap Col. Maybe a merchant will purchase one.

[18722] Craft Die: 7 (6+1)

Name: (Heartbreak)

ID: (18722)
Description: (An armor chestplate crafted from a rose pink ore. Provides basic protection and provides no buffs.)

Attempt 4

The fourth craft proved to be an improvement. Albeit small, but an improvement nonetheless. Placing this craft in the evaluation bin, Oikawa grabbed his 5th material and hoped he could craft a Perfect.

[18723] Craft Die: 8 (7+1)

Name: (Mercy)

ID: (18723)
Roll: (8) [7+1]
Quality: (Uncommon)
Enhancements: (+1 Damage Mitigation)
Description: (An armor chestplate crafted from black onyx and wolf bone. Provides basic protection and provides a plus one damage mitigation buff.)

Attempt 5

The fifth craft was one of perfection. He had finally created Shuyin's requested armor. Placing it in the eval bin, he focused on his next order. A Perfect tool, requested by Calrex for his girlfriend or fiance rather, that would allow her to make better crafts in her shop.

[18724] Craft Die: 12 (11+1)

Name: (Breastplate of Frozen Souls)

ID: (18724)
Roll: (12) [11+1]
Quality: (Perfect)
Enhancements: (+3 Damage Mitigation)
Description: (A breastplate as white as the snow with light blue detailed designs on it. The left pauldron has been forged into the shape of a skull.)

Attempt 6

His training with crafting seemed to be paying off. He had created the requested tool and smiled as he placed it in the eval bin. Looking through his notes he realized he had yet another two orders. A Perfect Two-Handed Straight Sword and a Perfect One-Handed Straight Sword. Alright last material. Lets hope for the best.

[18725] Craft Die: 12 (12+1)

Name: (Sculpting Tool)

ID: (18725)
Roll: (12) [12+1]
Item Type: (Tool)
Enhancements: (+1 Crafting Die)
Description: (A tool to be used by an Artisan to increase their chances of crafting better sculptures and miniatures.)

Attempt 7

The final craft resulted in a Rare quality Two-Handed Straight Sword. The blonde face palmed as he realized he was this close to crafting three Perfect items for the day. Putting all his crafts aside, he brought out his Result book and documented his crafts for the day. Finished, he left the back of the shop and focused on making some sells for the day.

[18726] Craft Die:  (9+1)

Name: (Thunderbreak)

ID: (187256)
Roll: (10) [9+1]
Item Type: (Two-Handed Straight Sword)
Quality: (Rare)
Enhancements: (+1 Damage and +1 Paralyze)
Description: (A golden blade with lightning bolts etched into the steel. The hilt seems to flash as if lightning passes through it at all times.)

Results:

Success Attempt 1 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Good Chestplate and Gained 2 XP)
Success Attempt 2 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Good Chestplate and Gained 2 XP)
Success Attempt 3 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Good Chestplate and Gained 2 XP)
Success Attempt 4 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Uncommon Chestplate and Gained 3 XP)
Success Attempt 5 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Perfect Chestplate, and Gained 8 XP)
Success Attempt 6 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Perfect Tool, and Gained 8 XP)
Success Attempt 7 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Rare Two-Handed Straight Sword, and Gained 5 XP)

Vaan began to walk back towards Oikawa's shop. He walked in and wrote down the order. He left the payment materials of five and then left without out a word. Oikawa should know him by now if he wrote his name on the slip right?

Name: Berserk Blade

ID: Fill in yourself

Roll: Fill in yourself

Item Type: One Handed Straight Sword

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: +3 damage

What it Looks like: The blade a fierce or flaming red and the hilt is black. But what is special about the blade is at the bottom of the hilt. There is a little glass dome that is made to hold a chess piece given for being in the Absolute Pin guild.

Description: This Blade was forged for the Berserker himself and gives a significant amount of damage added to attacks. It also has a loyalty to the Absolute Pin

Vaan began to walk back towards Oikawa's shop. He walked in and wrote down the order. He left the payment materials of five and then left without out a word. Oikawa should know him by now if he wrote his name on the slip right?

Oikawa heard the chime of the bell. Looking towards he front, he was surprised to see no one inside. He did notice the order slip placed on his counter. Looking at the name he noticed it was from Vaan again. "Another order eh? Consider it done." He made a note in his book and headed to the back. He had two orders remaining and only four materials left. he hoped the crafts would be in his favor today. He would need all the luck he could get .

+5 Materials

June 6th-

With his recent increase in orders, Oikawa had no time dilly dally around with failed crafts. Opening the forge door, he collected his gloves and placed some materials in the furnace. Once they were warmed he laid them out on his crafting table and started hammering.

Attempt 1

The first attempt was pretty nice even though it resulted in an Uncommon quality blade. He named and spec'd it before placing it in his eval bin and grabbing a second material.

[18805] Craft Die: 9 (8+1)

Name: (Metinidas)

ID: (18805)
Roll: (9) [8+1]
Enhancements: (+1 Damage)
Description: (A large claymore-esque blade with a minotaur head carved into the handle. The blade is two-toned with one side being goldish and the other side being black.)

Attempt 2
His next craft dropped back into the lackluster category as another Good quality sword was made. What do I have to do to get a solid craft around here? I guess I could just craft better. Putting the item up for display, he started working on his third attempt.

[18806] Craft Die: 8 (7+1)

Name: (Fame & Glory)

ID: (18806)
Enhancements: (+1 Accuracy)
Description: (A magnificent blade crafted from the ores found on the ninth floor. It's rumored that the blade can bring one to mentally believe they have fame and glory.)

Attempt 3
The third crafted followed a pattern different from the previous ones resulting in a Good Item. Quickly finishing it, he displayed it and placed another mat down.

[18807] Craft Die: 4 (3+1)

Name: (Fortune & Depravity)

ID: (18807)
Roll: (4) [3+1]
Description: (A blue and gold claymore crafted to look awesome but with no additional effects.)

Attempt 4
Another Uncommon quality item was crafted. Oikawa was beginning to run out of ideas for lesser items, he hoped he could craft something better soon.

[18808] Craft Die: 8 (7+1)

Name: (Misfortune)

ID: (18808)
Item Type: (Two Handed Straight Sword)
Enhancements: (+1 Damage)
Description: (A blackened blade that seems to bring misfortune to those who oppose it's wielder.)

Attempt 5
The next craft and the following seemed to just be repeats. Oikawa was beginning to wonder if his hammer was broken. With his 5th and 6th craft both being Good quality, he realized today would be a total failure if he didn't craft at least one useful thing.

[18809] Craft Die: 4 (3+1)

Name: (Yamata)

ID: (18809)
Roll: (4) [3+1]
Description: (A crimson blade bearing the insignia of the hydra, Yamata No Orochi.)

Attempt 6
Just as he was beginning to give he remembered he still had a Rare order he could complete provided he didn't make another Good quality item.

[18810] Craft Die: 6 (5+1)

Name: (Transcendence)

ID: (18810)
Roll: (6) [5+1]
Description: (Your typical greatsword in design and color. Meant to work as a fill in until you gain a better weapon.)

Attempt 7
Success. the blonde had in fact created a Rare quality dagger. Making it in the image that was requested, Oikawa placed it in the evaluation bin and notified Tokki of the completed craft that just pended approval. Done with his crafts for the day, Oikawa cleaned up the forge and headed back to the front of the store.

[18811] Craft Die: 11 (10+1)

Name: (Black Thorn)

ID: (18811)
Roll: (11) [10+1]
Item Type: (One-Handed Dagger)
Quality: (Rare)
Enhancements: (+2 Accuracy)
Description: (A dark black knife with a long yet slim blade. Its sleek and shiny finish remind those that view it of thorns.)

Results:

Success Attempt 1 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Uncommon Two-Handed Straight Sword and Gained 3 XP)
Success Attempt 2 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Uncommon Two-Handed Straight Sword and Gained 3 XP)
Success Attempt 3 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Good Two-Handed Straight Sword and Gained 2 XP)
Success Attempt 4 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Uncommon Two-Handed Straight Sword and Gained 3 XP)
Success Attempt 5 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Good Two-Handed Straight Sword and Gained 2 XP)
Success Attempt 6 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Good Two-Handed Straight Sword and Gained 2 XP)
Success Attempt 7 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Rare One-Handed Dagger, and Gained 5 XP)

Calrex walked into the Grand Forge after receiving notification that the tool was completed, giving a friendly wave as he saw Oikawa and King, "Hey Oikawa, I saw you finished the tool. That was fast!"

He looked and inspected it, although of course it was easy to tell it was a masterwork piece, "I'll be sure to deliver this to Teayre ASAP. Thanks again!"

With that he gave another wave before beelining for the fourth floor.

+1 Sculpting Tool

Jia wrote the details on the slip, hoping that it was legible enough to be read without difficulty. The naming of the weapon was the most difficult part, which was why it ended up being the final thing he filled in on the slip. The name he ended up choosing was on a simple whim and didn't actually hold anything special personally. Placing the slip where it should have gone, Jia himself disappeared, off to gain more money in order to pay for the very object he had just ordered.

Name: Black Thorn

ID: Blank
Roll: Blank
Item Type: One-handed Dagger
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: +2 Accuracy

Description: A dark black knife with a long yet slim blade. Its sleek and shiny finish remind those that view it of thorns.

Formatting isn't working out for some reason

Calrex stepped back into the Grand Forge when he got a message from Oikawa that he was running low on materials, "Heh, time to call on my services?"

He swiped through his menu, setting the bag of materials on the desk, "Here's something to get you through one more day. I'll get started procuring more in the meantime!"

With that he gave a friendly wave and headed back out the door.

Donated 5 Materials

Jia wrote the details on the slip, hoping that it was legible enough to be read without difficulty. The naming of the weapon was the most difficult part, which was why it ended up being the final thing he filled in on the slip. The name he ended up choosing was on a simple whim and didn't actually hold anything special personally. Placing the slip where it should have gone, Jia himself disappeared, off to gain more money in order to pay for the very object he had just ordered.

Name: Black Thorn

ID: Blank
Roll: Blank
Item Type: One-handed Dagger
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: +2 Accuracy

Description: A dark black knife with a long yet slim blade. Its sleek and shiny finish remind those that view it of thorns.

Formatting isn't working out for some reason

Oikawa collected the form. He watched as the strange player disappeared from the shop leaving him alone with his companion King. Taking a look at the slip he was surprised and relieved to see it wasn't a Perfect item request. Rather a rare, which is something he could have done in a jiffy. Suddenly the door swung open as a certain bluenette dropped by with the requested goods. With their latest agreement Oikawa was happy to see how quickly the order had arrived. 

Calrex stepped back into the Grand Forge when he got a message from Oikawa that he was running low on materials, "Heh, time to call on my services?"

He swiped through his menu, setting the bag of materials on the desk, "Here's something to get you through one more day. I'll get started procuring more in the meantime!"

With that he gave a friendly wave and headed back out the door.

Donated 5 Materials

"You're a lifesaver Cal! Thanks!" he shouted as the player quickly left again.

+5 Materials

-1 Sculpting Tool

June 7th-

Attempt 1, 2 and 3

It was very early for the blonde as he heated up the forge. Yawns escaped his lips as he grabbed his gloves and hammer. Pre-heating the materials, he prepared his crafting table  and waited for the ding of the oven. A few minutes later, The blonde began pulling out the materials and getting to work. The first craft, like that of the last two days, resulted in a Good quality item. Moving it aside, he focused on his second craft. This resulted in a Perfect two-handed sword. He then added the details and placed it in the evaluation bin. His third craft also resulted in a Good quality item. Displaying the Good crafts, Oikawa grabbed three more materials.

[18904] Craft Die: 7 (6+1)

[18906] Craft Die: 12 (11+1)

[18907] Craft Die: 6 (5+1)

Name: (Cleaver)

ID: (18904)
Description: (A heavy two handed claymore that is used to cleave opponent's in half.)

Name: (Dusk Reaver)

ID: (19806)
Enhancements: (+3 Damage)
Description: (The_Dusk_Reaver.jpg)

Name: (Symphony)

ID: (18907)
Item Type: (One-Handed Straight Sword.)
Description: (A unique rapier in design, Symphony slices better as a blade made for slashing.)

June 7th-

Attempt 4, 5 and 6

The next three materials were kind of sporadic crafting wise. Oikawa used the 4th material and crafted yet another Good quality item. Placing it on the sales floor, he focused on the fifth craft. This craft resulted in a really Bad item. Oikawa attempted to salvage the material but failed to do so. He scraped the fail into the digital trash and moved onto the next to last craft of the day. His efforts peaked yet again as he created the Perfect One-Handed Straight Sword. Tweaking it to match Vaan's request, he smiled as he placed it in the evaluation bin.

[18908] Craft Die: 7 (6+1)

[18909] Craft Die: 3 (2+1)

[18910] Loot Die: 4

[18911] Craft Die: 12 (11+1)

Name: (Skybreaker)

ID: (18908)
Roll: (6) [6+1]
Item Type: (One-Handed Straight Sword)
Description: (A unique rapier in design, Skybreaker cuts through the heavens leaving the opponent in a state of disarray.)

Name: (Berserk Blade)

ID: (18911)
Item Type: (One-Handed Straight Sword)
Enhancements: (+3 Damage)
Description: (The blade a fierce or flaming red and the hilt is black. But what is special about the blade is at the bottom of the hilt. There is a little glass dome that is made to hold a chess piece given for being in the Absolute Pin guild. This Blade was forged for the Berserker himself and gives a significant amount of damage added to attacks. It also has a loyalty to the Absolute Pin.)

June 7th-

Attempt 7

The final material and last craft was unnecessary, but Oikawa used it anyway. The craft resulted in a Good quality shield. Satisfied with having completed his orders, he made sure all his crafts were placed in the evaluation bin and quickly cleaned up his mess. Turning off the forge, he returned to the front of the store and awaited his customers.

[18913] Craft Die: 6 (5+1)

Name: (Brethyndr)

ID: (18913)
Item Type: (Shield)
Description: (A black metallic shield used to help mitigate basic damage received from both warriors and mobs.)

Results:

Success Attempt 1 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Good Two-Handed Straight Sword and Gained 2 XP)

Success Attempt 2 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Perfect Two-Handed Straight Sword and Gained 8 XP)
Success Attempt 3 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Good One-Handed Straight Sword and Gained 2 XP)
Success Attempt 4 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Good One-Handed Straight Sword and Gained 2 XP)
Fail Attempt 5 (Lost 1 Material and Gained 1 XP) Fail Salvaged  Attempt
Success Attempt 6 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Perfect Two-Handed Straight Sword and Gained 8 XP)
Success Attempt 7 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Good Shield, and Gained 2 XP)

After receiving a message from Oikawa that his armor was ready for pickup, Shuyin set course for the first floor. Walking out of the teleport gate in the center of the city. Shuyin placed one hand on the hilt of his rapier and began his walk to the forge. Entering in through the front door, Shuyin waved to Oikawa before opening up his menu and tabbing over to his inventory. Clicking on his col icon, he selected the amount and then initiated the transfer.

-1100 Col

After receiving a message from Oikawa that his armor was ready for pickup, Shuyin set course for the first floor. Walking out of the teleport gate in the center of the city. Shuyin placed one hand on the hilt of his rapier and began his walk to the forge. Entering in through the front door, Shuyin waved to Oikawa before opening up his menu and tabbing over to his inventory. Clicking on his col icon, he selected the amount and then initiated the transfer.

-1100 Col

Oikawa didn't wait long as Shuyin entered the shop. The white haired fellow waved to the blonde as he approached the counter. Oikawa reached beneath the counter and grabbed the necessary armor and placed it on the counter on full display. The <Breastplate of Frozen Souls> was hopefully crafted to his liking. The notification popped up for the transfer. Selecting the armor, he processed the even exchange and handed Shuyin the armor. "Pleasure doing business!"

+1100 Col

-1 Breastplate of Frozen Souls

Ssendom was strolling around the 5th floor town idly when a message notification appeared on his HUD, he dropped his menu and began reading the message telling him his blade was in stock and ready for him to acquire. "Sweet, time to go get my Reaver." He said to himself while he walked toward the Teleportation gate. After a few minutes of arriving on the first floor he had arrived at The Grand Forge, he pushed the door opened to hear that sweet sound of the bell as it opened. "Just like the Donut Shops, refreshing to hear." he stated out and openly. He waltz up to the counter and leaned upon it, "So I hear you got the goods?" He said in a joking manner following it up with a light chuckle, "Thank you again Oikawa for making the weapon for me. How much do I owe you?" he asked as he sifted through his menu for the trading window.

Ssendom was strolling around the 5th floor town idly when a message notification appeared on his HUD, he dropped his menu and began reading the message telling him his blade was in stock and ready for him to acquire. "Sweet, time to go get my Reaver." He said to himself while he walked toward the Teleportation gate. After a few minutes of arriving on the first floor he had arrived at The Grand Forge, he pushed the door opened to hear that sweet sound of the bell as it opened. "Just like the Donut Shops, refreshing to hear." he stated out and openly. He waltz up to the counter and leaned upon it, "So I hear you got the goods?" He said in a joking manner following it up with a light chuckle, "Thank you again Oikawa for making the weapon for me. How much do I owe you?" he asked as he sifted through his menu for the trading window.

The bell chimed for the second time today. With his orders having been completed, he figured most of his company today, would be those that ordered. His gaze shifted tot the entrance as Ssendom entered Gurando Foji. Oikawa clasped his hands together as the young man made his way towards the counter. Standing up, he greeted the man before they got down to business. "I have the goods indeed, though my supplier...he's getting iffy about all these dealings, I'm gonna have to start asking for some dough in advance" he chuckled as he tried to do his best scam artist impression. "Haha! All jokes aside, Your sword is certainly ready for pick up. I'm just glad I could get it done in a timely fashion. The cost will be 1100 Col, my good sir."