[SHOP-F1] Gurando Foji (The Grand Forge) {Rank 9 Smith}

March 30th- Attempt 1

Oikawa had one order on his plate today, Calrex's. As he entered the back of the shop, he retrieved his gloves and turned the furnace on. He grabbed 7 or so mats and placed them in the furnace to heat. Once they began to glow the typical orange color, he removed them from the flames and went to work. Hid first attempt proved to be extremely bad a cruddy gauntlet emerged from the material. Trashing it, he moves on.

[13918] CD: 3 [2+1]

Bad Item

-1 Material

+1 EXP

Salvage Attempt

[13919] LD: 3

Fail

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

March 30th- Attempts 2, 3, and 4

Placing the second material on the counter, Oikawa took a deep breath as he brought the hammer to the metal. He tapped it several times before it began to glow. It resulted in the exact same creation as before. What am I doing wrong? Oikawa didn't even attempt to salvage the material, instead he just tossed it and set to work on two more materials.

His third attempt was finally a success as the gauntlets shimmered and glowed. He polished the item off before placing it in his evaluation bin. Whew that's one part down. One to go.

Sending his hammer into a frenzy, he struck the mat a few times before it began to glow. As the shimmering died down, Oikawa noticed he had created another good item. Well I guess they can't all be perfect aye? He grabbed his last 3 mats and set them on the table next.

[13921] CD: 3 [2+1]

Bad Item

-1 Material

+1 EXP

[13922] CD: 12 [11+1]

Succeed

-1 Material

+8 EXP

Name: (Grand Gauntlets)

Profession: (Blacksmith)

ID: (13922)

Roll: (12) [11+1]

Item Type: (Gauntlets)

Quality: (Perfect)

Enhancements: (+2 Unarmed Damage and +1 Accuracy)

Description: (A pair of gauntlets that seem to have been made to fit with the Grand Chariot armor that Oikawa had made. These gauntlets seem to be strong enough to punch through even the hardest of armor. The bearer of these gauntlets can unleash a barrage of attacks much like a Hekatonkiers.)

[13923] CD: 6 [5+1]

Succeed

-1 Material

+2 EXP

Name: (Good Item of Choice)

ID: (13923)

Roll: (6) [5+1]

Item Type: (TBA)

Quality: (Good)

Enhancements: (None)

Description: (TBA)

March 30th- Attempts 5, 6, and 7

The materials were primed for crafting and Oikawa was ready to finish his attempts for the day. He grabbed his fifth material and placed it beneath his hammer. tapping it a total of 3 times the material glowed a faint white before dulling out and becoming a rare rapier. Close but not what I wanted. Placing it in the evaluation bin, he started on his sixth mat. Rattling it with rapid taps from the hammer, he managed to craft another typical good item. Tossing it aside, he grabbed his last material and placed it on the table. Tapping the mat 6 times, he was surprised to see a golden hue cover the item as it shaped into a perfect Broadsword. Finally crafted Cal's sword. Satisfied with his crafts, Oikawa made notes in his books and placed the final item in the eval bin for inspection. Once it's approved he will be able to pm Cal to come pick up his commissions.

[13924] CD: 11 [10+1]

Succeed

-1 Material

+5 EXP

Name: (Eternity Blade)

ID: (13924)

Roll: (11) [10+1]

Item Type: (One-Handed Rapier)

Quality: (Rare)

Enhancements: (+2 Damage)

Description: (A silver blade that seems to have smoky flames enchanted into the weapon itself. It is said this sword can harness and control evil spirits of whatever it strikes. The user of the blade can unleash that spirit at any given time but only for a certain amount of time (10 Posts) before the spirit must be returned or it may roam freely once more. )

[13925] CD: 6 [5+1]

Succeed

-1 Material

+2 EXP

Name: (Good Item of Choice)

ID: (13925)

Roll: (6) [5+1]

Item Type: (TBA)

Quality: (Good)

Enhancements: (None)

Description: (TBA)

[13926] CD: 12  [11+1]

Succeed

-1 Material

+8 EXP

Name: (Grand Blade)

ID: (13926)

Roll: (12) [11+1]

Item Type: (One-Handed Straight Sword)

Enhancements: (+3 Damage)

Description: (A strange sword that seems to be modeled after a naval cutlass, but has a secondary edge running from the point to two thirds back on the "spine" of the blade. It's deep sea blue color scheme matches perfectly with the Grand Chariot armor. Its wide blade seems suitable for slashing through armor, as well as the toughest of monsters.)

Calrex walked into the Gurando Foji, giving a friendly wave to Oikawa as he walked in, "Hey Oikawa, I got your message. The weapons I requested are complete?"

He walked over to the counter, first inspecting the Grand Gauntlets, "Wow, these look to be a great match!"

He swiped down on his menu, equipping the Grand Chariot armor before trying on the gauntlets. He turned to the side and faced the air as he activated his <<Martial Arts>> skill. Instead of the glowing yellow hue that was symbolic of the skill, the entirety of the gauntlets now being enveloped in a different kind of hue. It was as if an infinite series of chains formed an aura around the gauntlets and were spiraling into infinity around them, like a double helix moving in various patterns and paths. As Calrex executed a straight punch the chains seemed to move with the punch, almost like a shotgun blast or a barrage of punches. "These are great Oikawa. A masterwork piece as usual!"

Calrex gave a smirk as he accepted the gauntlets and added them to his inventory. He inspected the Grand Blade next, picking it up with a hand on each end, gazing at the weapon, "Gh!" As he continued to inspect it the deep sea blue seemed to flow in his mind like a wave. His eyes dimmed slightly as he gave a calming breath before suddenly he shook his head, looking at the weapon once again. He did the same with the sword, turning to an empty part of the shop, raising the sword as he readied as Swallow Return strike. The blade glowed with a dark blue hue, and when he executed the attack the slash patterns that resembled cuts in the air were replaced with the chains like the Grand Gauntlets had. "This one as well! It's amazing!"

He gave a smile as he turned to face Oikawa, handing over the second half of the payment, "Thanks a lot for getting this done so quickly Oikawa. I'll be sure to send more business your way."

He added the sword to his inventory as well before giving a wave to Oikawa, heading out of the shop.

+ Grand Gauntlets

+ Grand Blade

- 1100 col

Calrex walked into the Gurando Foji, giving a friendly wave to Oikawa as he walked in, "Hey Oikawa, I got your message. The weapons I requested are complete?"

He walked over to the counter, first inspecting the Grand Gauntlets, "Wow, these look to be a great match!"

He swiped down on his menu, equipping the Grand Chariot armor before trying on the gauntlets. He turned to the side and faced the air as he activated his <<Martial Arts>> skill. Instead of the glowing yellow hue that was symbolic of the skill, the entirety of the gauntlets now being enveloped in a different kind of hue. It was as if an infinite series of chains formed an aura around the gauntlets and were spiraling into infinity around them, like a double helix moving in various patterns and paths. As Calrex executed a straight punch the chains seemed to move with the punch, almost like a shotgun blast or a barrage of punches. "These are great Oikawa. A masterwork piece as usual!"

Calrex gave a smirk as he accepted the gauntlets and added them to his inventory. He inspected the Grand Blade next, picking it up with a hand on each end, gazing at the weapon, "Gh!" As he continued to inspect it the deep sea blue seemed to flow in his mind like a wave. His eyes dimmed slightly as he gave a calming breath before suddenly he shook his head, looking at the weapon once again. He did the same with the sword, turning to an empty part of the shop, raising the sword as he readied as Swallow Return strike. The blade glowed with a dark blue hue, and when he executed the attack the slash patterns that resembled cuts in the air were replaced with the chains like the Grand Gauntlets had. "This one as well! It's amazing!"

He gave a smile as he turned to face Oikawa, handing over the second half of the payment, "Thanks a lot for getting this done so quickly Oikawa. I'll be sure to send more business your way."

He added the sword to his inventory as well before giving a wave to Oikawa, heading out of the shop.

+ Grand Gauntlets

+ Grand Blade

- 1100 col

The bell rang as a favorite customer of his walked in. The bluenette waltzed in, waving and greeting in his usual cheerful manner. "Hey there Cal! Yep I finished them up earlier today!" The player then tested out the new items. He made sure to give them a good testing before giving an excellent review and promising to bring more business. "I'm glad I could make them to the standards you set haha!" He collected the second half of the col and waved as the player thanked him and left the shop.

+1100 Col

-1 Grand Gauntlets

-1 Grand Blade

• 2 weeks later...

Vashtor hummed softly as he headed back into the city after a good hunting run, noticing a smith's workshop out of the corner of his eye. He was in the market for a new axe, seeing how his current one was just a beginner's weapon. Just about anything would have been an upgrade for him at this point so he happily steps into the shop and looks around. After going through the smith's stock he came to the conclusion that none of his weapon class was present, so he instead chose to make a request.

"Hey! You mind if I ask for something new to be made?" He starts to swipe through his inventory, finally finding the two iron ores he had obtained, he sets them down on the front desk and starts to go through the details of the weapon he wanted. "It'll be a big ol' greataxe, bladed on both sides if you would! Seeing how I only have iron, feel free to have it made from the same." He spends a moment in thought before finally concluding "Your sign says uncommons are worth two materials, so I'd like it to be enhanced with damage!" He needed damage at this stage of the game he figured, and he lacked the SP to get himself there through skills. All at once he gasped and said "Oh, name's Vashtor by the way! Hard to tell me when my stuff is done if you don't know who it's for!"

-2 Iron Ore

The shop was relatively quiet as usual. King laid lazily in the corner as usual and Oikawa was just polishing off a few weapons when a familiar ding sounded through the air. In walked a player he hadn't seen been for. He seemed to be quite new judging by his lack of gear. this was confirmed when the young man rattled off a request. "Nice to meet you Vashtor. The name's Oikawa. And I'll have your axe made in a jiffy." 

Collecting the ores, Oikawa shook hands with the player before heading tot he back to work on the new commission.

Once in the back, Oikawa began to heat up the furnace. Grabbing his Fireproof Gloves, he put them on and placed the materials in the furnace. Once they glowed a bright orange, he removed them and placed them on the crafting table. He then grabbed his hammer and began to tap away at the material. The first material turned into a perfect... Although it wasn't what I was going for, I'm sure someone could use it. Placing it in his evaluation bin, Oikawa tried a bit harder to focus on making a battle axe. Once the material took shape, he was relieved to see his effort hadn't gone to waste as the axe materialized in front of him. Placing that in the eval bin, he messaged Vashtor that his weapon was created and just awaiting eval and that he'd notify him when it is ready for pick up.

[14801] CD: 12  [12+1]

Succeed

-1 Material

+8 EXP

Name: (?)

ID: (14801)
Roll: (12) [12+1]
Item Type: (?)
Enhancements: (?)
Description: (?.)

This roll has now been used in Post #192. It was changed to this:

Name: (Chaosbreaker)

Item Type: (Two-Handed Broadsword)
Enhancements: (+2 Damage and +1 Accuracy)
Description: (Chaosbreaker is a large blade created with magma ores and onyx ingots. The handle of the blade is crafted to form 4 winged bat-like hand guards on each side, while the blade itself glows with a blood red aura. It is a very powerful weapon. (Image link: http://www.blendswap...db53b32228.jpg))

[14802] CD: 9  [8+1]

Succeed

-1 Material

+8 EXP

Name: (Big Ole Great Axe)

ID: (14802)

Roll: (9) [8+1]

Item Type: (Two-Handed Battle Axe)

Quality: (Uncommon)

Enhancements: (+1 Damage)

Description: (An iron great axe that is bladed on both sides. Extremely useful for hacking and slashing down even the most vicious creatures.)

Vashtor had heard that his weapon had finished being evaluated so naturally he returned for the item, smiling to the owner and saying "Hello! My weapon's ready, right?" He happily brought up the trade menu for the axe and hit accept once an item was placed inside, blinking when he saw the weapon's name, a grin swiftly growing on his lips. "Oh, you I like. Heheh, that's awesome!" He grinned as he held his hand out to happily shake Oikawa's, having a sense of respect for those who can take or make a joke.

With the transaction finished he added "I'll have to be careful of my wording next time." He winked and bowed his head slightly in thanks before he left the forge. He had a new weapon, he had every reason to want to rush out and try it out on various creatures of the land! The biggest question on his mind was closer to "What should I kill first?"

(+Big Ole Great Axe}

The young redhead from before, once again stumbled into the shop. Oikawa greeted Vashtor as the player inquired the status of his weapon. "Yep! Big Ole Axe is ready for swingin' haha!" Oikawa completed the transaction and reciprocated the handshake gestured towards him. Vashtor seemed genuinely enthused with his item and to Oikawa that was worth more than mats or Col. I'm glad he likes it.

Not seconds later, the ginger thanked the smith and headed out the door. Oikawa simply stood and watched.

(-1 Big Ole Great Axe)

• 2 weeks later...

Zeri walked into Oikawa's shop once more, but this time to actually purchase a weapon. So Zeri walked into the shop, looked around for a moment and said, "Hello! Oikawa, are you here? I like to have a weapon made." So Zeri took a form and filled it out.

Name: Chaosbreaker

Profession: Blacksmith

ID:

Roll:

Item Type: Two-Handed Broadsword

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: + 2 damage; +1 accuracy

Description: Chaosbreaker is. Large blade created with magma ores and onyx ingots. The handle of the blade is crafted to frim 4 winged bat-like hand guards and each side while the blade itself glows with a blood red aura. It is a very powerful weapon.

(Image link: http://www.blendswap.com/files/images/2014/07/image74717/medium_b8c5104b1285d778bfe3a3db53b32228.jpg)

With that done, Zeri placed the form on the counter and waited for Oikawa to show.

Zeri walked into Oikawa's shop once more, but this time to actually purchase a weapon. So Zeri walked into the shop, looked around for a moment and said, "Hello! Oikawa, are you here? I like to have a weapon made." So Zeri took a form and filled it out.

Name: Chaosbreaker

Profession: Blacksmith

ID:

Roll:

Item Type: Two-Handed Broadsword

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: + 2 damage; +1 accuracy

Description: Chaosbreaker is. Large blade created with magma ores and onyx ingots. The handle of the blade is crafted to frim 4 winged bat-like hand guards and each side while the blade itself glows with a blood red aura. It is a very powerful weapon.

(Image link: http://www.blendswap.com/files/images/2014/07/image74717/medium_b8c5104b1285d778bfe3a3db53b32228.jpg)

"The price was 450 col and 2 mats right?" With that done, Zeri placed the form on the counter and waited for Oikawa to show.

Oikawa heard the familiar ring of the bell that signified a customer had entered. Making his way to the front of the shop, the blonde recognized the player that had entered. "Yeah I'm here Zeri." Oikawa looked the order form over. Rubbing his chin, his lips then formed a grin as he remembered something. "Yes the payment is 2 mats and 450 Col. I can also have the weapon made by nightfall. I have a perfect weapon template ready in the back. I just need to tweak a few specs and the weapon will be ready for use. Of course it will still need to be evaluated but that's the easy part."

Perfect unused weapon from post #187:

[14801] CD: 12  [12+1]

Succeed

-1 Material

+8 EXP

Name: (?)

Item Type: (?)
Enhancements: (?)
Description: (?.)

From that to this:

Name: (Chaosbreaker)

Item Type: (Two-Handed Broadsword)
Enhancements: (+2 Damage and +1 Accuracy)
Description: (Chaosbreaker is a large blade created with magma ores and onyx ingots. The handle of the blade is crafted to form 4 winged bat-like hand guards on each side, while the blade itself glows with a blood red aura. It is a very powerful weapon. (Image link: http://www.blendswap...db53b32228.jpg))

"I completely forget about that..." Zeri disapointingly said but Zeri didn't mind waiting a bit. So Zeri gave Oikawa the money and the col and said, "Let me know when it's approved, ok. Also expect another order from me soon." Zeri told Oikawa as he walked out the store

-450 col

-2 mats

"I completely forget about that..." Zeri disapointingly said but Zeri didn't mind waiting a bit. So Zeri gave Oikawa the money and the col and said, "Let me know when it's approved, ok. Also expect another order from me soon." Zeri told Oikawa as he walked out the store

-450 col

-2 mats

"Yeah Eval can be a pain but hopefully it'll be ready soon." Oikawa collected his payment and made a note that his unused perfect template had been used. I only have one more template left. Hopefully I can put it to use soon. After that he waved to the boy as he exited the store.

+450 Col

+2 Materials

-1 Chaosbreaker (When it's completed evaluation of course. [PENDING])

After getting a message from Oikawa telling him that his weapon was ready, Zeri walked back into his shop. "That was pretty quick!" Zeri said to Oikawa. Zeri looked at his weapon, 'Chaosbreaker', for a moment before he placed it into his inventory. "As soon as I grab me some more col, I'm coming back to you so that you can make me some armor. Bye!" Zeri said to Oikawa as he walked out his shop, ecstatic about his new weapon.

+1 Chaosbreaker

After getting a message from Oikawa telling him that his weapon was ready, Zeri walked back into his shop. "That was pretty quick!" Zeri said to Oikawa. Zeri looked at his weapon, 'Chaosbreaker', for a moment before he placed it into his inventory. "As soon as I grab me some more col, I'm coming back to you so that you can make me some armor. Bye!" Zeri said to Oikawa as he walked out his shop, ecstatic about his new weapon.

+1 Chaosbreaker

Zeri returned quickly after Oikawa sent out the pm telling him his weapon was ready. Oikawa had just finished polishing the hilt, when the player burst through the doors. Zeri commented on the quickness of the order and Oikawa simply smiled. With a declaration to return for some armor soon, Zeri equipped his new weapon before exiting the building. Before he could leave, Oikawa thanked him for his business.

Malakath Walks into the store and smiles at the smith "What would the price be or the material cost for a single gauntlet that looks exactly like this?"

Vincent_Gauntlet_by_Azmal.jpg

"Nothing special about it, would just like a gauntlet if possible"

"And I'd like to have a sword made, potentially the biggest project but nontheless needed, the sword will look like this"

the_moon_also_rises___diana_s_weapon___b

"Also I would appreciate this being made with the maximum amount of damage possible on it? Judging your prices? This should do correct?"

In doing so simply deposits 1200 Col on the table in front of him and says "Please send me a private message when completed."

Oikawa had a few pending orders for the week. Scrolling through his messages he recalled a request from a player by the name of shadowsnake. If I recall correctly he wanted a perfect cutlass with +3 Damage. I have one other template I can use. It'll be my last one before I have to start making perfects again haha. Oikawa pulled the template from his bin and hammered out the features of the requested blade.

Perfect unused weapon from post #147 (was originally for a player by the name of Syo, but he hasn't been on since like february and I never completed the specs or had it submitted.):

[12865] CD: 12  [12+1]

Succeed

-1 Material

+8 EXP

Name: (TBA)

ID: (12865)
Roll: (12)
Item Type: (One-Handed ??)
Enhancements: (+3 Damage ?)
Description: (?)

From that to this:

Name: (Twin Snake Sword)

ID: (12865)
Roll: (12)
Item Type: (One-Handed Curved Sword)
Enhancements: (+3 Damage )
Description: (A short, thick saber, with a slightly curved black blade sharpened on the cutting edge. Etched into the blade are two cobras spiraling around one another.)

Once completed he placed it in his evaluation bin Just as he was poised to leave, a newcomer entered the shop.

Malakath Walks into the store and smiles at the smith "What would the price be or the material cost for a single gauntlet that looks exactly like this?"

Vincent_Gauntlet_by_Azmal.jpg

"Nothing special about it, would just like a gauntlet if possible"

"And I'd like to have a sword made, potentially the biggest project but nontheless needed, the sword will look like this"

the_moon_also_rises___diana_s_weapon___b

"Also I would appreciate this being made with the maximum amount of damage possible on it? Judging your prices? This should do correct?"

In doing so simply deposits 1200 Col on the table in front of him and says "Please send me a private message when completed."

"Hey there. I can make these weapons pretty quickly just give me a day or two!" Oikawa accepts the Col and made a not so he wouldn't forget to make the items. With there business taken care of, Oikawa made a few preparations, then closed up the shop for the day.

+1200 Col