[OP-F4] Valentine's Festival (All Invited!)

Post 3-

The end of the ride was near. He watched as the couple beneath him got off the ride. He then realized it was Baldur the Merchant and Tyger the Blacksmith. Oh my Aincrad it was them the whole time haha. The ground grew closer as his car cam closer to the bottom. When the rig finally stopped, Oikawa sighed and exited his car. He then stretched and headed back towards the direction of the Anonamor. 

Arriving at the booth a small notification popped up. He had received a festival card. I wonder if its like a collectible thing. Do all the attractions have them? Hmm guess I'll just have to ride them all and find out. I'll start first with this tent. Oikawa walked into the tent to see a small stand with a blank white Valentine's Day card sitting on it. Using the pen provided he wrote a letter to someone he recently fancied. Maybe this is just what I need.

Labeling it to the person, he placed the letter in the drop box and left the tent. 

[Oikawa- The Faint received the <<Take Me to the Top>> Festival Card]

Festival cards:

Take Me to the Top

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Looks like everyone else here's dressed a bit more casually today," thought Azide. He cupped his hands together and blew a warm breath into them, then let them retreat to the comfort of his pockets. It briefly crossed his mind that he was likely one of the few to still be wearing his usual attire, but he dismissed the thought. "Carrying my sword around could definitely be overdoing it, but the rest of my equipment wouldn't seem too out of place even in the real world." Aside from the razor-sharp rapier that he kept sheathed at the waist, he'd simply worn the same collared shirt and green jacket he'd always worn. Combined with a pair of leather gloves, the warm dress actually felt quite at home here on the chilly fourth floor.

As he made his way through the fairgrounds, he couldn't help but notice all of the anatomically-incorrect hearts that seemed to hang from every corner and adorn every decoration within a square mile or three. "Weird place for a meeting," he thought. Finally, he managed to spot her among the crowd of passing players up ahead. He slipped a hand from out of his pocket to wave at the female player, who'd seemed to have been talking some other player for a moment. "Lessa, it's good to see you again," called Azide. "Still no fist-bumps, I'm afraid. Might take a while before that happens." He'd nearly missed her, having expected her usual pink, only to discover her in a long black jacket. Luckily, her light blonde hair still seemed as blonde as ever.

Once finished with the giant bear hugging, Ariel looked around her...people were starting to gather, little by little filling the place. She took a look at the ice skating heart shaped ring. There, the only person skating around was the same guy she saw earlier, feeling a little sorry for him she decided to join in. She hasn't practiced ice skating for a while and wanted to know if she still remembered how to. She equipped the skates she received and  started skating on the white heart shaped ring.

"Just like riding a bike huh?" She muttered to herself. It was surprising that she didn't fell after the first two meters, executing some minor acrobatics while skating, to test her balance, she slowly drew closer to the lone skater that was there before her. Choosing to ignore the orange stripe above him, she addressed him from behind with a smile:

"Mind if I join you?" then she went of in front of him and executed a medium difficulty acrobatic move, bowing after successfully finishing it as any professional skater would.

ID: 9211  CD: 11 ((now I roll 11...)

((forgot to mention in the previous post but Ariel changed her attire as well..she made a special dress for the occasion:

Item: St. Valentine Dress - Red Edition.

Item type : Vanity Item

Quality: Good

Enhancement: None
Shop: The Lion's Den

Description :

Spoiler 
Valentine-DrBeautiful-Valentine-Dresses-

Lessa gave a high-pitched squeal of surprise as she was tackled by a mysterious figure. Her entire body tensed, every muscle rippling with uncertainty. It was not until Tyger began to speak that Lessa realized who the surprise hug-giver was.

"Happy valentines day to you too!" She peeled herself off of her good friend, then gave Baldur a nod of greeting. "It is so good to see you both. I guess I hadn't expected to see you two here, but it looks like you're having a great time. Tyger's faced was flushed with happiness, and the natural glow that radiated from the woman was quite spectacular. Lessa found herself smiling in return.

Suddenly, their small group adopted another individual. Azide, the person she had been waiting for, had arrived. Not wishing to be rude, Lessa immediately dove into introductions. "Azide, this is Tyger and Baldur. They are two friends of mine." Turning to the two aforementioned players, she told them, "Azide is the leader of the Square One guild." Her smile grew. "And I'm working toward getting a fist-bump out of him."

Tyger acknowledged the newcomer with a small head nod after she and Lessa finished their hug and small talk.

"Nice to meet you, Azide! I've heard a lot of good things about Square One and helping lower level players."

It was true. Had Tyger thought about it, she would have done the same thing. Granted, she did somewhat with her blacksmith.

"Baldur and I run the Catfish on the first floor. We opened it to help some of the players stuck there branch out with a bit more confidence if they had gear. We even sponsor a free gear bin, so hearing of a guild centered around helping too just makes us ridiculously happy."

When the lack of fist bump was brought up, Tyger laughed and shrugged. To each their own, she guessed. 

"Shall I leave you two alone, then?"

She glanced between the two of them. If they were on a date, it was surprising to say the least. Didn't Lessa have eyes for someone else? So, Tyger assumed it was probably down to business, to which she could be shoo'd off at any time. 

Baldur laughed softly when he saw Tyger got shooting off like a quarrel when they spotted blonde-sempai. She seemed surprised by his Tyger's pounce, but she quickly laughed. Seeing that smile on Lessa's face brought a joy to his heart. Tyger had that effect on many people, but when they had first met Lessa she had seemed so... consumed by the past. 'Death is light as a feather, duty heavy as a mountain' Baldur quoted in his head.

He smiled wryly at the mention of trying to get a fist bump out of the guild leader of Square One. Baldur bowed in greeting to Azide, "It is a pleasure to meet you." Once the formality was out of the way, his face split into a wider smile.

"It's nice to have a face to put to the mysterious guild master's name. I've met several of your guild members, they all seem like a great bunch so far."

He was actually surprised he hadn't seen X running around, jumping off of things, and trying to woo every pretty girl that walked through the festival, but then, female players were pretty rare in SAO, then his eyes widened slightly when he took in Lessa and Azide.

Oikawa exited the booth and to his surprise no card was awarded. "Well that's slightly depressing." Well no matter. It's not like I did it just for the card anyway. I really did feel the need to write that card. Anyway what's next on my list? Using his mental map, Oikawa remembered there was an arrow shooting booth around the corner from here. He walked through the crowd and made it to the main intersection. He had just started to head towards the left when he noticed the couple and a real familiar face. His friend and leader Azide. Who's the blond beauty he's next to? Haha well Azide you sly dog, you came here with a 10, and left me to come alone. We could've been each other's wing-man! Oh well. Good luck! Smirking to himself, Oikawa continued on his way towards the Cupid's Arrow Stall.

Keith and Kiru had finally tied the knot. And just soon enough to go to the new carnival that had been advertised everywhere. Keith arrived at Floor 4, the place with an abundance of snow. Which, luckily for him, was somewhere Kiru felt right at home. He stood outside the festival, outside the admission gate as he opened his menu. He clicked on Kiru's profile, then tapped "Send Private Message". He quickly tapped some letter and then sent it to her. <Yo, Kiru! I got a suprise for ya! meet me on Floor 4 and then track my location. See you soon! Love, Keith.> Closing his menu, he put his hands into his pockets and wated, Ruby sitting on his shoulder casually to wait with him, his tail swaying side to side. 

Azide couldn't help but smile as the two new players introduced themselves to him, especially at the mention of a free gear box for less experienced players. The praise toward his guild mates served as the icing on the cake. "It's more than a pleasure to meet both of you, Tyger and Baldur," he said, nodding at the two. He'd looked at the woman when saying Tyger because of her orange-ish hair, which certainly did faintly remind him of what he presumed to be her namesake. That left him to conclude that Baldur must be male, whom had greeted him with a bow. "And they say handshakes were rare in this world. Can't get classier than that."

"I believe I've heard mentions of the Catfish before," he said, facing Tyger. "From what I've heard, it's risen up quite quickly to become one of Aincrad's most productive shops. A gear bin like that just sweetens the deal." He made a quick mental note of the fact, in case the guild's storage ever ran short of equipment for new recruits. "With any luck, they'll be high-level before we know it," he added with a chuckle.

He turned to Baldur and returned the man's bow. "A real gentleman, this one." He glanced over at Tyger and feigned a whisper. "He's a definitely a keeper." He looked back at the male player with a grin. "Now that there's a face to the name, I'm afraid my aspirations of vigilante crime-fighting might have to be laid to rest. But on the plus side, I'm glad to hear that my guild mates are leaving a good impression." He leaned in and whispered to the man, but for real this time.

"And as for leaving the two of us alone? I don't want to hog Lessa here all to myself on a day like this, but at the same time, I'd rather not bore either of you with details of business either." He brushed away a few locks of hair from his eyes and smiled at the pair.

Crozeph stood in front of the Ferris Wheel, even the sight of it might make take out the last three breads he ate before entering the Festival "not sure if dangerous or I'm just afraid" he said. Crozeph looked around him, most of the players roaming around in the Festival seemed to be with someone "and I feel..." Crozeph searched around to look for food "maybe a sandwich can make me feel fine" Crozeph then heard screaming as the Ferris Wheel moved again "or not." He walked around the Festival, both hands on his pocket, his weapon along with his cloak and armor he unequipped leaving only his white shirt, black trousers and his grey boots. Crozeph moved towards a stall and looked for food but it seems he isn't in the mood to eat anything yet "maybe playing a game will make me hungry enough to buy some" he said.

Ariel decided to go forth getting no response from the mysterious loner, she made another complete tour of the skating "ring" while doing more medium acrobatic movements. She didn't care if nobody saw her, she was happy to get the chance to skate again after so many years. Getting closer to the outer part of the ring she looked at the people out there, enjoying the festival. She rested upon the rails for a second while looking, it seemed the Ferris wheel was quite a popular attraction. "maybe I'll get in that too...sucks that I'll go alone thou, but what can you do I haven't looked for my significant other half, while here..and I don't see myself searching for one soon." She said to herself while giggling happily, doing more acrobatics and stunts in the ring, The red dress she made for this occasion was perfect even for skating, and swapping the high heels she decided to wear, for ice skating shoes was the best decision yet, she made this night. She decided to take a couple of more spins while doing acrobatics like doing pirouettes and even a wheel...

maybe somebody that she knew, passes by the ice skating ring and recognizes her by her blond hair..since she ditched the usual outfit for the special red evening dress

pic

Valentine-DrBeautiful-Valentine-Dresses-

ID: 9237 CD: 7

It didn't take long for Oikawa  to reach the arrow booth. He glossed over the stall as it looked simple enough. But just to make sure, he decided to read the rules.

Cupid's Arrow Stall

Rules!:

The player only gets one game, but each game consists of three chances. If you miss all three, you're out of luck! However, if you strike a CD of 12, then you win the "Shot Through the Heart" card.

Oikawa glanced at the heart-shaped target that was 30 feet away. So I have 3 chances to hit the target. If I get a bulls-eye, I'll collect another card. Let's do it.

Oikawa notched the first arrow. And aimed right for the center of the target. Though he never used a bow and arrow before, the weapon of choice felt rather comfortable. Alright keep your eyes on the prize. Slow. Steady. Now.

[9244] CD: 10

Letting the arrow fly, he was slightly upset that he hit the target but missed the bulls-eye. I was so close too.

My eyes scanned the PM I has just received, as per usual, it was from Keith. Once again, he had called me to do something at the absolute worst time. I stood in the center of my room at the Inn on Floor 4 I was currently residing and stared at myself in the full length mirror. I had just stopped at Ariel's shop to pick up a custom dress I had ordered. The item was stunning but to be seen outside with it was out of the question. The dress itself was so embarrassing for me, also the fact that I was wearing it. It was a red dress with cute capped sleeves, had frilly lacing at the bottom and at the collar as well. To top it off there was a bow in the center of the all of the frill, mixing everything about the materials perfectly. I read the PM again and decided that I needed to leave now, it might be urgent files to show me or something. My cheeks flushed as I checked my reflection again. I took a deep breath and equipped my blue cape and scarf over it so the only thing showing was the bottom skirt and headed outside. I walked past everyone quick as I could and tracked Keith's location. He was right outside some big event going on. Great. Just great. I thought and approached Keith with the straightest face I could. 

New Item: 

Item: St. Valentine Dress - Lolita Edition.

Item type : Vanity Item
Quality: Good
Enhancement: None
Shop: The Lion's Den
Description :
Spoiler
Cute-Cap-Sleeves-Square-Neck-Lace-Detail

Keith looked over, seeing Kiru was approaching him. He smiled, walking over to her and giving her a quick kiss on the nose. "Hey, you! Check this place out! It's a Valentine's Festival! Looks totally tight!" He said, gently taking her hands and smiling to her. He stepped back slowly, as if to lead or provoke her to follow, before he held with just one hand and turned back to the Carnival. "I'll let you go ahead and pick what we should go do. After all, I was the one who asked you here." He said, turning back to face the Festival and glancing over his shoulder at Kiru. "Where do you wanna go first?"

Asen let's out a sigh as he was starting to see how quickly this place was getting to be. Most were lovers of course, and that is kind of bugging him for he begins to wonder if there is someone out there for him. He quickly dismisses that thought by shaking his head to clear it off. 'There is absolutely no way that'll ever happen. Everyone hates me anyways, so why bother?' He thought to himself rather gloomy purposely putting himself down to prevent him from wondering about such things. Still skating around the icy ring shaped like a heart as he's already making loop arounds since most of the activities here require a couple or is for a couple and that is something he can't do for it'll be pointless in his case. There's just too much sorrow and hatred for him to pursue such things as right now he purposely makes himself be disillusioned that him falling in love is impossible.

(ID: 9321)

CD: 3

As if karma came around and kicked him in the rear end, he slips on the ice after making a mistake and winds up falling on his back on the cold ice beneath him. The ice cracks underneath him as he could feel something really icy cold and wet touching his face as he realized that the ice was starting to give way with him in it and the water from underneath was starting to slip through the cracks. "Holy crap that is cold!" He mumbled to himself as he winds up receiving the "Slippery Shoes" card and he rolls his eyes as he can't help but smirk. "Yeah, these are indeed slippery shoes." Still mumbling to himself as he pretty much carefully made his way on his hands and knees to get off the ring. When he turns around after standing up to his feet and takes off the skates he sees that the heart shaped skating ring has a crack right on the middle representing a broken heart. He can't help but feel that is how his heart is only that its a hundred times worse even now.

Crozeph has been walking for a while now, looking for something better to do "I feel weird for not knowing anything better to do on festivals" he said. Crozeph then saw a few familiar faces around there "I bet I'll be seeing someone get into trouble or maybe I'll get in trouble myself" he said smiling at them. There were lots of players now and it seems everything is in place "I should have invited someone" he thought. Crozeph opened his friends list and scrolled up and down "yeah no luck here either" he said before letting out a sigh and closing his menu "I still don't feel like eating or playing, what a lazy person I am" he said then continued looking around.

As I approached Keith I looked behind him, eyes focused on the commotion. It was a festival of some sort. Only, this one was all lovey dovey and Valentine filled. There were stands and tents scattered about all with the theme of love. I crunched through the snow until I finally was close enough to actually talk to Keith without shouting.  My eyes shut tight as I made an unnoticeable small when he gave me a quick kiss on my nose.  I would like to get changed but I can't. I mumbled, still in a slightly annoyed mood about my outfit. This dress was really going to be death of me. I tugged on the blue cape with my free hand and began to walk slightly behind Keith. Nothing looked very interesting. Kissing booths were a bad idea, the mysterious tents seemed weird, and sadly I was afraid of heights so the ferris wheel was a no go. I looked around until finally deciding upon skating. Skating. Definitely skating. I said and squeezed his hand slightly. When I was younger I liked to ice skate but I hadn't skated it quite awhile. Even so, I was confident it my abilities. 

(CD: 4 next post)

Keith nodded, smiling at Kiru as he walked over to the skating rink. "Sounds good! I've never skated before, though..." Keith said, sure he would do just fine. He unequipped his boots and pulled on a pair of skates his size that were provided outside the rink. He then wobbled over to the ice, cautiously stepping inside. He slid forward slowly, wobbling a little. "I-I think I got it..." He said, leaning forward and jolting back, trying to use his hands to balance himself. He then shuffled over to the wall and held onto it, looking back to Kiru. "Aw, c'mon. You can change right here. The game just changes your current item for the one you want. It's nothing like in the real world." Keith said, losing his balance but regaining it before a fall. 

[CD: 5]

Following Keith I chose a pair of stark white figure skates and put them on. I walked over to the rink and inspected it as I glared at him slightly. Keith, it's still the same. It's weird and uncomfortable! I said, feeling blood rush to my cheeks. I stepped with my left foot first onto the ice and glided slowly. I tilted forward and flailed my hands at my sides a little until I finally got the courage to stand up straight. The ice was slippery but it was like any other rink, smooth. I kicked my toe pic into the ice and turned around to look at Keith. At least I can stand up straight without falling...Keith? I asked with a chuckle He really couldn't skate. It was a little funny to watch him go from a confident and cheery guy to a blue haired boy struggling to stand up straight. I skated over to where Keith was and sighed with a smile.  Here, I held his left elbow tightly from behind and skated forwards slowly. just put one foot in front of the other and hold onto the boards. I stated, guiding him forward. 

CD: 4 

Keith did as he was told, slowly moving one foot in front of the other and making him move atop the ice. He watched his footwork, focused on it entirely to make sure he wouldn't fall. As he started to feel more at ease, he looked back up and took Kiru's hand, moving back slightly so he was skating beside her. "Heh, I'm a fast learner." Keith said cockily, smirking and looking to Kiru. "Oh... And you're an okay teacher, I guess." He teased, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek as they kept skating at walking pace. "Oh... And... What is it you want to change into? Come on, no one else is looking. I want to make sure you still look adorable in more than your daily outfit." He said to her, eager to see what other kinds of outfits she actually had.

[CD: 9]