OP: F1 - When the String Snaps PM for Invite

After successfully disrupting the hold that Daeron had on Mari everything went downhill. Mari broke away thankfully but she made a move, a dangerous one at that. She opened up one of her vials of disgusting liquid and downed it. He first attempt to strike was at Ariel was futile, which was good. I gave Mari a worried look when she let out a cry of pain and held her hands to her head. The potion seemed to be taking a turn for the worst. Removing him from Mari might have triggered her little outburst but she wouldn't have gone crazy if no one was there to screw with her. I began to walk over to see if she was okay but a certain visitor stopped me.

From up above Kosan entered the scene with a grim presence. His chaotic laughing fits and crazy smile were signs that he was about to do something he would regret. Especially with the words he said. This wasn't like him. The past three times I saw him he was like this: delusional, stupid, and just acting strangely. He used to talk to me like we were friends but now he had an orange cursor. He wore a hood and a mask. He pushed people away and now, he was going to kill someone. Just as I thought, he grabbed Ariel from behind and held the blade of his sword to her neck. My face paled a little as he began to speak nonsense, was he really going to kill her? From the amount of time it took for me to think that he would kill her, Kosan threw her to the ground and threatened her. To run or die. If that wasn't bade enough, Daeron had a hold of Mari again. In this state he would most likely just be angering her to the point of murder. 

I looked at Daeron, then back to Kosan. I knew what was needed to be done before anything. My number one jobs was to stop murders. I raced towards Daeron and ripped my dagger from the back of his armor. From there I pivoted and lunged forward, stabbing my dagger forcefully into Kosan's chest. I twisted the blade then retracted it from his body and held it at my side. For the few moments I caught my breath I stared into Kosan's eyes with concern, no glares. I swallowed and in between breaths I spoke. "Kosan...being a "bad guy" wouldn't be funny. It would be the worst thing in your life. Everyone would stray from you, people would be issuing death threats on you, no one would be there to back you up. You'll be backed into a corner. I have not been an orange player thanks to Keith but I have experienced everything that he would. I was shunned, stabbed, and pushed around just for being next to him, It's not FUNNY!" I had managed to get most of it out but at the end of it my voice rose with anger. Suddenly, I felt a sensation on my cheek, it was a tear. I wiped it away and looked back at Kosan with a cold stone expression. "Kosan. Stop this." I placed my hand onto his shoulders and squeezed them slightly. 

ID: 13168; BD 7 (+1 Base +1 ATH +6 Damage= +8 Damage)

Kosan 28/36 -8 (You fix the damage, your stats are confusing)

Kiru 90/90

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hikoru looks at Ariel, who had told him to put his weapon away, and sighed as he slowly put it back into its sheathe. She was right, he didn't have a chance against any of these people. He quickly found Kimba near the bush and stuck with the little lion, holding onto him from fear. He knew that this could easily be the end of him, and he didn't want to take that chance.

But soon he saw Mari drink a vial, and she charged at Ariel, and barely missed her, luckily. Honor felt the lion growl beside him, and he tried to calm its restless spirit. He felt tears come to his eyes as he knew that someone was going to die. Someone's life would be ended, and he couldn't do anything about it

From seemingly out of nowhere, another familiar face entered the fray. "Kosan?" he called, recognizing the hooded figure. He'd been there that very same night- the night he'd first met several of the players who'd gathered here again today. He'd been tempted to call it fate, but in a world with less than ten thousand people, perhaps an event like this was more a matter of time than chance.

He reached out as Mari downed the lavender mixture from the vial as if it were a shot. "You idiot!" A few less than appropriate curses came to his mind as she opened her eyes again, looking noticeably worse for wear. "As if you weren't unstable enough..." Alchemy was not something to be trifled with so lightly- it was why he'd never bothered to dabble into any of its more questionable uses. In a world like this, where the mind triumphed over the body, every one of their virtual creations was king; it was reckless to bring into existence mind-altering substances. Sure, it was interesting, but humans weren't exactly lab animals...

Mari soon erupted from the clutches of her captor, proceeding with neither rhyme nor rhythm. In a quick moment, he watched as Mari set her sights on Ariel. Her eyes were crazed, and yet tears trailed from her eyes and dotted the ground behind her as she sped forward in a frenzied assault. He felt conflicted as he instinctively reached for Quantum Slicer, but cast his doubts aside upon seeing a second figure make a move toward the Crowned Lioness.

All three parties managed to miss their initial strikes, but he resisted the urge to calculate the odds of such an occurrence. "What the hell do you think you're doing, Kosan?" Azide demanded. His hand tore at the air as he swung his arm out to the side. "If memory serves right, the last time I saw you, you hated her. And even if you still love her, then why the hell would you let her go on like this?"

He shook his head. "Kosan, I'm not going to fight you unprovoked- but I suggest that you lay down your sword before somebody else does it for you." As if on cue, he watched as a girl charged forward and plunged a dagger straight into his chest. "That's Kiru," he thought, recalling a certain day in the Battle Arena.

At around the same time, Daeron had managed to subdue the chaotic pink menace better known as Mari on drugs. And with Ariel having received assistance in the form of a girl wearing black-framed glasses and Kosan kept at bay, he felt it would be best not to make unneeded attacks.

"Come on, Mari," he sighed. "Are we really going to do this right before the next boss fight?" He glanced over his shoulder to check up on his guild mate and sighed a second time- this time in relief- as he saw that Xanatos was still just fine. "Unfortunately, the same can't be said about a few certain other players around here."

Absolute Greed: 9 posts Remain

Mari cackled as Ariel suggested Mari disappear. "Disappear?" Mari asked. "DISAPPEAR?" She repeated, shouting the words at Ariel. "You sicken me - You, ALL of you have assumptions - you simply assume I am some  big bad wanton killing machine." Mari tilted her head to the side, offering Ariel a lop sided grin. "Well, today's yer lucky day blondie, cuz I am sick of being treated like someone I'm not. " Mari clapped her hands together; at least the best she could whilst still holding her dagger; "GIVE IT UP FOR MARI!" She cried out, "Giving the public EXACTLY what they f**king want!" 

Before Mari could say any more; Kosan seemed to approach, taking a stance on her side; Mari's eyes furrowed. The hell was his problem? He swore he'd kill her, then he said he hated her - then he drugged her, then he proclaimed he loved her. It seemed that Kosan was acting on convenience rather than emotion. Mari grunted toward him. "People like you sicken me," she muttered. "You follow the strongest; now that Zelrius has disappeared; you flock straight back to me. You don't love me - you just want to latch yourself onto the strongest to save your own, pathetic life." 

Mari was ready to turn her pyre toward Kosan; but she was knocked back; once again by Daeron as he tackled her to the floor, the two were quite evenly matched but with the weight of his person and his armour atop her; it was difficult to move. Still; she strained against his hold, the heated hatred from the potions effects bubbling up within her. Droplets of sweat beaded on her forehead. "Get the F**K off me!" She screeched. She didn't like this; she didn't like being stopped; she had to. She had to. "Daeron!"  

The Golden clad man simply leaned closer; his voice lidded with urgency. Mari realized something; she wouldn't get anywhere acting like this. In a sense, he was right; she was never normally this volatile. If she wanted to destroy everything around her she would have to be more calculated. More...refined. Mari stopped struggling, her body becoming lax under his. She took a few deep breaths. Feeling his own against her wet cheeks. "You're right.." She mumbled, seemingly more calm than she was moments before. "I'm so sickened by others." She whispered; opening her cerulean eyes to look up at Daeron. "It drives me mad." 

There was moer shouting; and movement from where Mari was knocked back from - Kiru seemed to have gotten into an alteration with Kosan; Mari bit her lower lip. Doing her best to hide the smile that was threatening to form. She didn't have to do anything. She had lit the spark and now the chaos around her was forming; merging, burning like a wildfire. 

Azide spoke; and she tilted her head to address him. "Mmmm, I think it's like a wake up call." Mari said

Kosan twisted smile remained as Kiru, a friend of his , stabbed him into the chest with a dagger.. "He..He..He.." He said as he saw a tear on her face.. "Kiru... You say its bad being evil.. You say its no fun... You know , I've never felt so alive ... Its great... AWESOME..But , I hate it when people interfere.." He said as he felt her hand on his shoulder.. With a quick reaction , he grabbed the dagger that was in his chest and plugged it out , handing the dagger to Kiru back , whispering in her ear "I don't plan on killing anyone.. But I've never been so happy.." As he pushed her back a little "So I don't care about it... Its fun ! I like it ! ..

But you people interfere.. Look at Daeron there ... Stopping Mari.." He said as he smiled , hearing Mari say something about him.."Oh , excuse me Missy for taking YOUR side... You can act how the hell you want , but be graceful that I'm by your side.." He said as he checked his HP.. "Just 2 damage .. From kiru ?.. Damn.." He added as he turned his glare towards Azide.. "Yo.." He said to Azide as he smiled.. "You won't join the fight ?.. Too bad..." He added as he remembered about Ariel.. "So.. Will you leave or remain and die ..?" He added.. Sure , she was his guild member , and he wanted her to be alive , but if she was going to fight , he was going to respond..

Kosan 35/37 (6 DMG mitigation)

I stood in utter awe of the chaos that had been sparked by Mari's outbursts of anger and hatred. I could feel the darkness of this world gathering to us. I even felt for a moment that someone was watching this for their amusement. This...this is just what this world wants out of us. To fight and kill each other out of some delusion that we are no longer human beings with value. We all have value. The player that Mari killed, had value. It saddens me to see that even those who have been in this game longer than I have not learned how to conquer their darkness. Learned to realize that this isn't just game anymore...it's a real life....albeit a different location but still a life now...."STOP THIS MADNESS CAN'T YOU SEE THAT THIS IS JUST WHAT THE MADMAN THAT PUT US HERE WANTS??"

Things went from bad to worse with Kosan's next move, it seems this 'fate' that people tried to make Ariel believe existed, decided to throw more surprises at her. The blad clad then rushed at her but he was far more slower than her previous assailant so she just stood there, confident that she wouldn't go down with only a strike. But it didn't come as he stopped in front of her, aiming his blade at her neck. She wanted to say a couple of things but got pushed back and fell on her rear. 

She could hear the sound of a blade slitting out from its scabbard, turning around she saw Oske drawing her sword with tears in her eyes. The word "Don't..." faintly escaped her throat. 'Why are people so willing to fight amongst themselves?' that thought was what she wanted to say next but saw a golden flash ramming itself into Mari, embracing her yet again. The blond man sealed Mari's movements for the moment and told them to handle Kosan for now. Ariel bit her lip in frustration, she didn't want to fight a fellow guild member.

To her, even after these actions she thought of him still as a part of the big familly called Azure Brigade. The family that took her in when she was lost and almost fallen into the dark side. But in the same time she could feel the sadistic urge to rise and plant her black rapier through Kosan's skull. She only felt this urge when fighting mobs but that was different. The mobs here in SAO are soulless entities created by the Cardinal, their purpose was to fight and die by the hands of SAO players.

The blond bit her lower lip in this internal struggle, so hard that a slither of blood would be seen coming from her mouth. "Run or fight you say? There is another option!" she said almost shouting while she tried to raise from the ground, supporting herself with the black rapier, that was still impaled in the ground in front of her. "I will not engage in fighting you, I won't attack a member of my new family!!!" she shouted, then looking at Oske and Hikoru she continued in a calmer tone while retrieving her sword and entering the same defensive stance she was earlier: "But I will not let you hurt others! I will protect them even if it costs me my life! A person already died here today and people seem to ignore that fact.

Her actions were disrupted by Kiru who managed to retrieve her blade from the golden armor and stab Kosan in the chest. "neechan..." she muttered while looking at Kiru trying to talk Kosan into his senses. In that moment despite her stone cold expression, a tear managed to sneak out on the cheek of the girl with two toned hair.

Even if this was the second time Ariel would hear Kiru plea for Keith's case, this only strengthen her opinion she had about the girl. In the meanwhile Hikoru made his way safely to Ariel's companion and stuck onto her like glue. 'Good. You should've stayed there from the beginning.' she thought while letting out a sigh of relief as she knew her companion would do everything she could to protect the boy. Now she only had to attract the others attention to her. Azide tried to talk Kosan out of this as well, with little result. She then could hear an unfamiliar voice coming from behind Azide shouting with all he got. The blond agreed with him, so she decided to respond to Kosan's initial question first:

"I am not 'trying' to be good. It was the natural evolution, given my childhood, holding a sword from when I had enough strength to do that. Then father instilled in me his swordsmanship and teached me the basics of The Bushido Code. I may wield this European weapon but I'm still Half-Japanese and will honor my father's legacy, more so in this game!" anger could be sensed in her voice, as she directed her gaze towards each one of the present people and continuing.

"You seem to forget that we ALL have the same final goal to achieve. To reach the 100th floor of this damned death game! Until then we are stuck here, away from our loved ones and that we will need every bit of help to get out! Instead of focusing on that, we are fighting among us! Playing our parts right as Kayaba wants us to!" She then lowers her guard and continues: "I for one don't want to be one of his puppets..how about the rest of you?" she asked scanning each of the one present's faces.

Her gaze return towards Mari once again: "And can't forgive you for murdering an innocent" then turns towards Kosan "And you for watching her without doing anything."  She takes a breath of air then continues: "But if we continue this, more will probably die. I suggest we call it a day and each go their ways. Thinking about what happened here today." she said with a firm voice, awaiting the other's responses, taking the 'omamori' that was hanging from the hilt of her rapier into her left hand.

(OOC: I will NOT let this post die xD)

Hikoru watches quietly, slowly petting the lion that was sitting right beside him, protecting him from the other Pk'ers that were around him. He slowly rubbed the soft fur of the lion for comfort, watching the mass murder to come, for he knew someone else was dying, and nothing could change about that

Be careful Ariel He thought to himself We need you to stay alive.... He says, and he feels the lion rub up against him, and he smiled as he pet him under his chin, making him make a soft, cat-like purr, which calmed him more. He watches as Ariel gives a speech, and he smiles as she does not attack Mari, no matter how crazy she is, she doesn't deserve to die.

Daeron kept her subdued enough that she couldn't move. The one time he was glad he got heavy armor, otherwise she might have pushed him off a little to easy. It was then, that she calmed. She claimed that it was nothing but a wake up call simply because she hated everyone always misjudging her. Could this be the potion talking, or was it really her. He couldn't tell, and until he was sure, he refused to get up off of her. That's when Daeron had the idea that could determine what was happening.

"Alright, if you say so, then tell me... How do you feel about me?" he asked her. Her answer would deter if she was being truthful or if it was simply the concoction talking once again. It seemed strange to go from completely insane to calm in a mere second. Something was wrong, and he didn't want to lead everyone to their death. He couldn't hurt Mari, not matter how hard he tried. Everything that happened, it was because of people's misjudgment of her, if he did that now, then it could lead to another situation.

"Why Mari? I promised you that I wouldn't leave you, and here I am, still beside you even in your worst of moments. My feeling haven't changed for you. Though you may not care. I do, and until I die, I will always be with you." he said, trying to lead her into the question further on, as he was interested in hearing what she had to say about him.

Meanwhile, everyone was dealing with Kosan, whom was being fought on multiple fronts now. Daeron gave a quick look over to Kiru, whom had just stabbed Kosan and a tear was rolling down her face. "Kiru, can you really trust him? Can't you tell he isn't himself anymore. A bastard like that can't be left living." he said, trying to talk her into doing the right thing, which in this case really was. He'd gone over the edge, and if nobody stopped him, then he'd make sure he did after Mari had calmed.

Absolute Greed; 8 posts remaining

Mari looked up at Daeron; as he remained, unmoving. Why was he being so persistent? Couldn't he hear the riff raff behind him? How horrendously loud they were being? Did he not understand? Daeron - the man whom killed for fun, why was he so persistent on stopping Mari from silencing the white noise?

"How do I feel about you?" Mari asked, finally wrestling her hands free -reaching up to cup his cheeks in her hands. "That's a hard one." She said simply, rubbing his tan skin with her thumbs. She had to answer this carefully; it was clear this was some sort of a test. "I thought I told you. I don't exactly feel much of anything these days, but who can blame me?" Mari offered him a lop sided grin. "I'm simply a product of my surroundings." Mari shifted her hands to move around his neck, pulling herself up to whisper in his ear - "But is that really such a bad thing Daeron? If it weren't for my daughter, or the unfortunate accident with Alkor-do you really think I'd be here? Like this? With you?"

Mari tilted her head to face into his neck, and allowed her nose to graze the skin; "This won't be the wrost of my moments; I can assure you of that. You'll be in for one hell of a ride; Daeron - killer of innocent players, the man who took a sadistic joy from watching the light fade from their eyes. Daeron; the man who proclaimed his love for Lessa - only to now whisper lilted affections to Mari. Just what will Daeron do next?"

Mari paused, a part of her didn't want to hurt him again, but she had a goal - and she saw it with such clarity. She had to; he was in the way, so she had to. She'd do the same thing to him again. Mari allowed her lips to graze his; before she captured his mouth in a lavender scented kiss - and in one agile movement - she pressed her dagger into the midst of his chest. She didn't even flinch as the thorns of her armour pierced her own skin. 

She used the momentum from her attack to push him off; "No hard feelings Daeron." She muttered to him as she escaped from out underneath him. Her next target? The screaming brat.

"Oii..." Mari muttered, pretending to clean out her ear with one hand as she approached Xanatos. "Ain't anyone teach ya not to yell?" 

ID:13315   BD:7 +3 =success

Mari: 80/81
Daeron: 76/80

(Once again put you all into a random generator -  Xanatos you are up! )

Daeron felt her graze his neck with her nose and then her lips against his. This was what Daeron figured was the potion talking as she didn't seem to care for him right now. This was the point where he lout a grunt. The dagger entered his chest and he froze, even his heavy armor didn't reject the weapon. He looked down to see a red gash in his chest now, and his health partially taken. Once she escaped, Daeron was on his hands and knees, shaking with rage. His mind was corrupting and if anybody knew better, they knew what happened when he got mad. Daeron then stopped shaking for a brief moment.

Everything around him fell into silence, he didn't hear any screaming- nothing. Everything around him had faded to black simply because his eyelids covered his orange eyes. It wasn't until seconds later, he stood up. His weapon drawn, and a determined look on her face. This wasn't the Mari he knew, and if she didn't change, then he couldn't just let her run. He swore he'd never kill another person again, but even now, those words were irrelevant to his emotions.

Daeron turned around and saw Mari charging towards one of the other players, someone who could easily die. Instead of charging behind her, he simply stood there and said, "Stop." He didn't say it loud, or even with anger or fear. It was a monotonic voice that echoed through the scene. Something everyone could hear, but nothing anybody would hear too loudly. He could feel his sanity gripping from him as she had done nothing but screw him over mentality. Instead, she had done nothing but mess with his emotions, called him out on what he's done to others, bring up his past mistakes. He's had it, and if nothing changed, then he would assure to everyone, that something did.

He began to step slowly behind her, and instead, he kept up with her by simply walking. Once he caught up to her entirely, he grabbed her shoulder and spun her around. He had a simple expression of vengeance, and he didn't look like he normally did. If it was a time to show how easily Daeron could snap, then now would be the time. Once she was fully turned around, that's when Daeron smiled. "I still love you, I just want you to know that." he said as he thrust his weapon forward at her stomach. He knew what he was doing would go against his morals at this point and might contradict his emotions, but no longer did he care. Mari was hurting others, and if he had to kill someone to bring back peace and order, then clearly he must do the right thing.

Before the weapon impaled her however, he froze. Realizing that he was becoming this "monster" that she was calling him as well. Instead, he sheathed his weapon and simply stood there looking at her. Had he delayed his freeze by a second, the weapon would have entered her. "I refuse to hurt you. I couldn't. But you need to stop, Mari." he said as he gave her sad eyes almost. "Please." he said softly, almost begging her with all that he could, without sounding extremely desperate. "Can't you see who all is here to try to NOT hurt you, but you ignore them, saying how everyone calls you a 'monster'? Ariel, Oske, Me, Locke... all of us refuse to harm you, but yet you still do the opposite thing. So just please stop." he said simply, his weapon now being gone from his hand, but he knew that if she didn't listen, he'd have to do the right thing and that would mean going against his emotions.

ID: 13320

Battle: 1 [Of course I failed with the worst number]

Crafting: 11 [+3 HP Healed from Battle Healing]

Daeron: 79/80

Mari's gaze turned to me for a moment. Her eye's burning with rage and hatred. She heard me, but understood nothing. Daeron kept her pinned but I could still feel the drive she felt in wanting to slaughter me right then and there. How much could I take from her? One hit? Two hits? She was so intent on killing me in that moment that she stabbed Daeron in the chest. She is relentless....Was she an example of someone that just couldn't be saved?....No..we have to give her chance. "MARI! DON'T GIVE IN TO THE DARKNESS IN YOUR HEART! THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT YOU. WHO DON'T BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE THIS MURDEROUS KILLING MACHINE. I ONCE TURNED AWAY FROM DARKNESS, I KILLED RELENTLESSLY. I TURNED MY BACK ON THAT LIFE, NOW YOU CAN TOO! FACE YOURSELF. BECOME STRONGER THAN YOUR DARKNESS BY EMBRACING THE LIGHT! TRUE HEARTS REVEAL TRUE EVIL!

Oske swallowed. At this point, all pity or attempt of friendship or any feelings she had for Mari were gone. She only felt anger--hatred. She was done. Oske once saw herself in Mari--a scared, depressed, and bitter girl that turned into a monster. But she turned around. She thought she could turn Mari around, too. She was wrong. This woman... this woman was...

Selfish.

Oske gripped her sword tighter, and as Daeron stopped Mari, Oske stepped in front of Xanatos. She wouldn't let anyone die, let alone such a low-leveled player. She listened to what Daeron had to say. She was glad that after she left him, he found love again. And she was glad that they were still... okay. But Oske was done trying to be a good person. Done trying to care about people that didn't care about her. If Mari wanted a fight, she'd get one. 

Absolute Greed: 7 posts remaining

Mari quirked her brow at the Xanatos kid; he would not stop shouting. "Do you have a err....volume control button on you?" She asked, casually twirling her blade around in her hand. "Boy do you have a set of lungs on you." She sneered, as she took a step closer - she was close enough now her hair tickled the skin on his face. "You sound like a cliche'd anime character." Her eyes travelled up and down his form. "I don't believe you've killed relentlessly. Look at you." She stated, "Your lip is quivering..." She paused to wipe a bead of sweat off his forehead. "You are persperating... and you have such fear in your voice." She leaned in, closer still. Taking a deep breath. "It's so in-tox-i-ca-ting." She said in a sing-song voice.

His words fell on deaf ears - the potion had ensared her in its clutches; bringing the bitter hatred she had for the world around her to a boiling point, it bubbled up and over, soaking into her skin - the very core of herself, and the only two people who had any grasp of its effects were Daeron and Azide; the others all simply assumed it was all Mari. In a sense, it was Mari. This was her hatred, her pain, her heartbreak - all condensed down into the one - focused goal. Destroy.

Mari was ready to attack, but she was spun around. Her eyes widened in a sort of gleeful sparkle as she noticed the pure vengeance that Daeron wore. His eyes burned with such rage. Yet he still did it, he still proclaimed he loved her, before he went to strike her down. Mari couldn't help but laugh. It started off as a giggle, but it grew in volume till it became a broken cackle. "Now THAT's the Daeron I like!" Mari said, as she slapped him cheerfully on the shoulder with the palm of her hand. 

At some point; her craized eyes softened, and it was almost as though Daeron's pleas had reached her. They may just well have. That is, if it wasn't for the absolute greed. Her head throbbed, and she groaned, pushing him away. "S-shut up...SHUT UP!" She screeched. Turning from him to face Oske- she grunted, still clutching her head with one hand as she shoved Oske away with her shoulder. Quickly bringing her dagger up to land into Xanatos' shoulder. Mari looked up at Xanatos through her sprawled fingers. Blue eyes dialated and bloodshot. Her teeth were grit together hard and she was breathing heavily.

Mari's knees buckled; and she fell to the floor; her blade still lodged in the other mans shoulder. "Ugh just shut up shut up SHUT UP!" 

She had to silence this world; she had to. The voices, their voices. Her mind throbbed; her body heaved. The effects of the potion taking its toll on her body. "pLEASE JUST SHut Up EvErYone!" Mari muttered, as tears began to pool at the corner of her eyes again. Why wouldn't they all just leave? Why wouldn't they all just remain Siilleenntt..

ID: 13324  BD: 6 +3 - 1 = 8 SUCCESS

Xanatos: 16/22

From the looks of it, his words had fallen upon deaf ears. Kosan remained entirely unconvinced by what he'd put forward, and it sounded as if he'd committed firmly to carrying out his own misguided whims. Had he not heard Mari's decidedly unimpressed sentiments? He wasn't doing anybody any favors with his recklessness. The white-haired man was not someone he knew well- and they'd only encountered each other sparingly. But he couldn't help be recall how vulnerable he'd been that night. He'd been on the verge of tears.

Kosan was not a bad man- he was simply broken at the moment. He could be fixed, but it would take time.

His train of thought slowed as he watched the heated exchange between Daeron and Mari. He'd only ever encountered the former in the presence of the latter- they must've had an extensive history together, from what he could gather. He listened vaguely as the pink-haired woman lambasted him, but didn't pay much attention to the details- just the poisonous tone with which she spoke. He wasn't interested in finding new sources of gossip.

The woman went on to drive a dagger through the player's chest, and Azide's heart jumped. It'd woken him up, but he knew in the back of his mind that there was no way she could pose a legitimate threat to him in the midst of all of these players. Daeron had been at the latest meeting of clearers- he was no pushover.

But her next words changed his line of thinking all together, and for a moment, it seemed as if the train had derailed completely from its iron tracks. He tore across the clearing and placed himself between Mari and his guild mate, who was spouting some sort of nonsense about light and darkness.

Azide sliced the air with a sideways swipe of his hand, and practiced movements soon materialized a new weapon into his hand, sending Quantum Slicer to his inventory. He held his weapon steadily, then raised it at Mari. He stared at her with dead eyes, and his latest toy in hand; a paralyzing rapier. "Take another step and you will be forcing my hand. Is that absolutely clear?"

"To hell with Daeron's love."

Mari's words were wild and sharp. Cliche huh? Well that doesn't mean I'm wrong....I could barely speak as the dagger pierced my shoulder. "Agh!" I grunted as the force pushed me to the ground. My armor stopped a good majority of the damage but I could feel the pain from the dagger coursing through me for a few moments. Thank God for Oikwawa....As I hit the ground I saw Azides stance change. He drew his rapier, an elegant blade that seemed to radiate beauty. He threatened Mari in defense of me. He was willing to put his life on the line for even me, a relatively new guild mate. He barely knew me...Azide if you die because of me I'll never forgive myself....

Hikoru looks, and sees Mari's weapon lying on the ground, without anyone guarding it. He looks at Kimba, and the Lion give shim a look, as to say "Don't do it, you could get yourself killed." I smile and whisper in his ear

"Watch my back for me bud. I have to protect everyone." And he charges out of the bush, silently grabbing the stray weapon, and running in between Ariel and some more friends, deep into the woods to hide the weapon, along with himself, and soon he saw Kimba following him close behind. He was glad he had someone he could trust, even if it wasn't a player.

(OOC: Ariel, im sorry I took Kimba Dx but you told him to stay with me, so I just played along.....)

The blond closed her eyes and started rubbing her temple. 'Fools!' she thought 'I'm surrounded by fools. They didn't hear I word I said, they are just blindly following their emotions and impulses.' Mari's apparently random attacks struck this time Xanatos who was behind Azide and Oske, who gathered some inner strength and stepped in to defend the guy. She couldn't believe how the pink headed shoved oske away and apparently went through Azide  attacking Xanatos. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw that the boy lived. Next was Azide's turn to act on emotions, brandishing his blade at her. She could understand the desire to protect him but could've easily take advantage of Oske joining him to take the boy and leave this place. Apparently he wasn't as calculated as the blond thought..what a shame.

She felt relieved when she saw the shy Hikoru pop out of nowhere and 'steal' Mari's dagger, running into the forest with Kimba. 'Good girl' she thought while letting a faint smile surface. But this wasn't the time to relax, as Mari stated earlier she had a secondary blade somewhere. The blond quickly unsheathed her rapier and dashed by Azide's side, stepping in front of Xanatos motioning him to get away. Without changing her focus, she addressed Azide showing sadistic smile: "Don't engage her she has another blade, I'll back you up but we both will probably die in the process. Then again, I can't let my ally stand alone while I watch him die, I couldn't keep having the moral high ground if I did.*chuckle*. Oske are you alright?" she asked at the end.

Just noticing the creepy sadistic smile on her face, she would guess what triggered it. The sight of blood from Xanatos's and Daeron's wounds, the same blood she would see when fighting/slaying NPC mobs. Thinking better about it, this was the first time Ariel saw a player's blood being spilled by another player. She thought it wasn't that different from a ordinary mob's blood. Slowly her mind slipped into a dark zone that she tried to keep it contained while facing other players appealing to her teachings to help her subdue the urge. She would let this urge to take control of her actions only when she was fighting against mobs..alone... no, accompanied by her trusty lion cub that would roar with all her might to bring her back to her senses every time a fight against a mob would stop. But now, Kimba wasn't here to help her...what would happen next? 

Daeron watched as she turned again only to attack the player. She began to mock the young player and it was too far. Daeron held his weapon and brought it down towards Mari. His weapon felt heavy as he wanted to scream with anger but again held that determined look on his face. He watched as the player jumped from the Bush to take her dagger and run. That's when he thought it was too late.

His weapon had too much momentum from his swing this time to stop it right before connecting. Hid mind racing he hadn't a clue if he could go through with this. He was afraid she'd hats him but on the other hand he wad doing the right thing after all. His eyes had no expression though on the outside.

Inside his head he heard a voice telling him to slaughter Mari and how she will never love him back.

ID: 13370

Battle: 9 [9 - 6 = 3 damage]

Crafting: 3

Mari: 77/81

(I hate tablets... editing my format ..)

"Daeron!" Oske gasped. She watched as someone who she cared about, someone who normally never hurt someone in her presence, not only attacked someone but... Attacked someone he loved dearly. Oske grabbed Daeron's shoulders, and pulled him back. She needed to get to him--if she couldn't reach Mari's heart, then she would have to reach Daeron's. "Don't attack her... you're... you're stooping to a low level that I haven't seen you in for a long time. Don't do this, please..."

Oske sword was still in her hand, but it was pulled back so it couldn't stab or hurt anyone currently. She looked at Mari, who had been stabbed after attacking an innocent player. Oske's eyes filled with hatred and rage. She hated Mari. She hated her.

One day, I'm going to kill you, Mari.