[F13 EB] Tainted Prestige

Even though he kept his morale high and his self esteem higher, trying to maintain this calmness was for naught, at least that’s what it seemed liked. Adorning a big smile, Macradon would see the reset of his party, slowly lashing out and dealing the damage they could to the winged beast, but something was wrong, something didn’t go as planned. “No …” he thought as he saw the falling health bar halt “NO!” he began to mutter, slowly beginning to understand what was going on “NO NO NO NO!” he roared, but it was too late. As he turned around to look at both Hestia and Morgenstern, two he had been fighting with for a while on the frontlines, being engulfed in the darkness of Artamiel, Macradon would drop his sword and try to reach out a hand to them both, but it was way too late. The darkness spread, dealing more damage than the frontlines had ever experienced, being shown something that was probably coded for the higher floors, but was for some reason released into the frey at this time for the non-adequately equipped, level wise and equipment wise. "NOOOO!" he yelled in frustration as the two frontliners would disperse from the avatar, disappear from the battlefield in crystalline polygons, like a freshly slain monster in the field, these two were ... gone. Falling to his hands and knees, Macradon would stare into the ground. The confused cerberus would circle around its master, not fully understanding what just happened despite its master's frustration. His frustrtion grew to anger, and with a clenched fist Macradon would punch the ground below him and yell "Damn you!" as he got back up on his feet, grabbing his sword in the process and would face the beast, but while he was incapacitated by his own mind reacting to the situation, the rest of the battle parties had finished off the great evil that was a way too strong event boss that was not meant to be fielded like this. Watching the rest unfold, Macradon would would grit his teeth in agony and rage, but as the scene would slowly unfold, and the deus ex machinegun would arrive, Macradon would look in awe, this game was stupid, this game was dumb. It made no sense. It was like playing a game of DnD, and all that happened were NPC's interacting. Your character had little to no meaning in this fight, you were but a bystander, watching someone else's story take place. He would stare in pure awe as this theatre would close its curtain. Everyone receiving what they had "deserved" from this "fight". Macradon would walk back to the church, seeing that Hestia and Morgenstern indeed were fine. Walking through the church, Macradon would nod at both @Hestia and @Morgenstern, them acknowledging it or not, and would say out loud to them both "I'm glad you're safe, I can't be bothered with this f***ing *h*t game anymore" he said and would proceed to the exit of the church.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would feel something come to hug me as i would glance over towards the samurai that i had fought alongside four times or six something like that and had a rather nice conversation with Hikoru about the world they lived in and some of the by products that living in it has caused others. My cold blue eyes look towards Baldur and lighten up ever so slightly the rage that i feel about this stupid game persisting but being put aside for just a brief moment to hug the samurai back the man that i had known as a man of calm and collectedness being able to cry for my sake is...interesting. Yeah i'm alive. This failure gets to live another day trying to fight and keep all of you alive in turn. Sorry for wasting yours and Calrex's items you could've used those in a situation that actually would've mattered in the end but instead the game decided to ruin your efforts. I say towards the man as i pat his back gently and i would try to back away no tears in my eyes from the emotion more so just this sense of cold detachment to the world that is around me as i look towards the samurai and give him a rather serious look. Baldur do me a favor from here on out. To the Tier 1 and Tier 2 players. None of us had died. Nobody on the tier 3 fight had died and if anybody tries to say anything about myself, or Morgenstern dying i want you to try and interject if i am not around to prevent it. We're keeping this under wraps if we can we need to be beacons of hope for people and we can't do that if we are killable by a event boss of all things. I want to be something they can believe is unkillable something they put their hope in. Something to have hope in a better tomorrow even if it looks like their is no hope for the frontlines. I say to baldur with a rather serious look as i than pause and just stare at the man that had cried tears for me and seemingly cared enough to waste many items in turn to try and keep me alive. One last thing. Nice to meet you the name is Ember. I say as i extend my hand towards @Baldur as if greeting him for the first time. My eyes that had gone and persisted in the battle of being hopeful, and at least somewhat happy seemingly having died along with my form during that fight and replaced with a more..serious look but a sense of the same optimism in the end.

Looking towards @Macradon i can only just nod in agreement that this fight was annoying to deal with and at least for myself i can only guess huge amounts of bad luck if i went down not along side Macradon since we're about the same level and mitigation most likely.

Baldur wanted to shake this foolish, stupid girl for her callousness towards her own life, but she pushed on, not giving him a chance to respond. He could only imagine what she must have been going through. She had just died, found the way out, but then was brought back here. She was being given a second chance. It was more than any of the others had ever been given. So many others had never been given.

Then she asked that the deaths be kept secret. She wanted to maintain the illusion that the frontline was undefeatable. That they were a beacon for the lower level players. Symbols like that were important. And after such a frustrating set of battles, the boss fight and this event fight... who knew what condition they were going to be in going forward. He could see why she was asking for him to help with that... but it was unimportant to the gaijin right now.

Then, she landed a critical stun attack against him. She gave him her name. Her real name. Baldur's eyes widened in unbridled shock when she told him, and then a sad smile crossed his face, showing plainly how touched he was that she would give him something that people held so close. Baldur's true name was only known by two people in all of Aincrad. Two.

"You silly girl." Baldur said as the smile moved to touch his eyes, his tears finally abating, and his tone endearing, not demeaning. "I would have sacrificed everything if it meant bringing you back." He then took her hand, and leaned forward, so that only she could hear, placing his free hand on her back, in a common greeting for American men.

"Nice to meet you, Ember. My name is Jason." He whispered into her ear. "And if that is your wish, then I will honor it."

@Hestia

Edited by Baldur

I smile a bit and chuckles slightly at the samurai's words as i can feel some of the negative emotions just roll off my person slowly but surely by just talking to somebody that seemingly actually cares despite only having few interactions seemingly. 'Maybe they mean more than i think..or that you truly bond with people when your life is on the line..something.' I think to myself not entirely sure but not going to try and stop it since it is rather nice to have people care for oneself it means that to at least someone i'm important somehow in this world that i've only participated for only a year in. I smile a genuine smile when i get to hear Baldur's actual name as i nod towards him rather happily my familiar moves over towards the two of us and nuzzles up against me and ever so slightly you seemingly wanting some attention himself. It's nice to meet you Jason and i can only hope that i get to learn more about you in the future. Though for the silly thing...i meant what i said towards Artamiel, Baldur. i want to set up Aincrad's prison. I want to be the chief of the Aincrad Police Department. if i die...do you think anybody would continue on that dream? I ask him as i look slightly upwards to meet his gaze with a worried look within my eyes as i bite my lower lip ever so slightly to try and do something to calm myself down as i can slowly feel the bubbling emotions try to ride up once more to consume me. Tears slowly form in my eyes as i try to blink them away as i raise my hand to quickly wipe them away as i look towards Baldur with the same worried look. I may act tough. But i am just a scared child in the end. I'm scared of dying in this world to never even get a chance to watch my sister grow up to see what kind of person she grows up to be...i'm terrified of that Baldur. I'm scared of what would happen to those that care about me.

Sunova looks back as it seemed two more players join them at the altar both Morgenstern and Hestia, It seemed that the fight did not end in a good way and both of them ended up at the ends of there live before being brought back again here just like Sunova herself did. She turned to look like the rest of the other Tier 3 players walked up being desperate to have lost Hestia and Morgenstern in that battle until they got to see them again and things started to break down quickly. Hestia seemed to be quite mad and Baldur at least that was his name she could hear was trying to talk to Hestia for some reason, Sunova was still quite scared for everything and she knew that Haz talked about Hestia being a nice person who cares but seeing this was just scared and even brought a bit of fear into herself. until they seemed to calm down and Hestia kind of calmed down getting sad and all just like Sunova did.

Sunova could just think of one thing, and she did it. Out of nowhere, Sunova ran up to Hestia Hugging her, "I...am Happy to see you ... okay, Haz and Cosi would be worried sick if ... If you did not come back." Sunova said while hugging Hestia. "I...I'm Scared for them, they are still fighting and... and they are really having a hard time there... Dazia got out but... BUT THE REST IS STILL IN THERE," Sunova said as her voice was full of fear and tears started to roll down her cheeks. "I ... I really hope .... H...hope they get here, Just like you" She said slowly letting go of Hestia before looking up at the woman as Sunova's face was red from the crying and fear was truly in her eyes.

@Hestia @Baldur

Itzal panted.  He had many emotions going on at once.  Hatred, terror, weariness, awe.  So much so that they came in waves.  First was the hatred that Artamiel was essentially an unbeatable entity.  Was that what the black cursor meant?  He needed to research these to find out.  Then came the satisfaction of seeing Artamiel tossed into Hell where it belonged.  By an angel no less.  Awe was the next to be felt, at the angel's appearance in general.  After that, terror as he realized his friends were dead.  And finally:  Relief and anguish upon knowing they were in fact alive.  Itzal rushed over to the cathedral, dropping his sword, <<Yakimba>>, which sparked as it hit the ground.  He rushed into the Cathedral and ran up to the first person he saw:  @Hestia"HESTIA!"  He didn't wait for her to reply.  He didn't care what others saw, nor that Baldur was there.  He rushed up and caught her in a hug, tears running freely from his eyes as he held her tightly.  For she had in fact, been a great friend to him.  A dear friend whom he did not wish to lose, and in fact see her in the real world.  "Hestia, oh thank you God!  I thought..  I couldn't.."  He spoke between sobs, unable to let go or stop.  After a little while however he composed himself and let go, looking her in the eyes.  The fear of losing her.  The pain from having thought he did.  And his friendship showing clearly through them.  "I'm so glad you're alright."  Velnia also rushed up and hugged her, clearly as happy as Itzal was.  Itzal wiped the tears from his eyes, not caring that his hood and mouthpiece fell down.  He looked at @Baldur and a young woman ( @Sunova) and realized just now that he had interrupted something.  "Sorry for interrupting you guys...  Hestia..  Are you alright?"  He asked, knowing death, then resurrection must have been hard on her in some way.

Jason took a moment to consider Ember's words. He appeared to have gotten through to her, and he didn't even have to shake her like a rag doll. She appeared to be genuinely opening up to him, in much a similar way to what Hikoru did when they had their conversation at his house. Before he had a chance to answer her though, more people ran up and pushed forward, throwing their arms around her and hugging her, and Baldur couldn't help but smile.

"Life is precious Hestia. The bonds we form are stronger when built with honest feelings, and truth."

He would leave it at that, and let her other friends surround her and love on her, showing the truth of his words far better than he could ever try to explain.

The Samurai faded back slowly, a warm smile touching the steel blue eyes of Aincrad's one and only gaijin samurai. He watched for a moment, and then turned to walk over to @Morgenstern. He punched the back of the knight's shoulder plate just hard enough for the Paladin to know he was there. Baldur stood shoulder to shoulder with the kid for a moment, not saying anything for a long moment. The boy had clearly been wrecked, and Baldur had seen him struggle through the floor boss fight as well.

"I once read a book, and a single quote jumped out that changed my entire life."

The samurai turned to look at Jonathan. To meet his eyes, and hold them.

"The power of good is shown, not by triumphantly conquering evil, but by continuing to resist, even when facing certain defeat."

Baldur turned to look out over the front of the church, and the battle continuing on inside.

"We have a seemingly impossible task before us all, but the option to fail does not exist. Cannot exist. People will die. Failure will happen. But we must always, always stand back up, dust ourselves and our comrades off, and push forward. There is no other option."

Emotions were at their peak all around Shield. Tears and shouting, confusion and anger, everywhere he looked. He let out a long sigh, only to find that his own breath was a struggle. He could feel the heat behind his eyes of tears - tears of exhaustion and relief - threatening to penetrate his iron facade. The soul wisps that had once been players returned to their forms, and @Beat was alive, and this time, there was no debating it. There were no theories or conjectures or 'probablies.' It was fact, solid and concrete in front of him. His lip threatened to start shaking, and he bit the inside of it. It was perfectly fine for players to let out what was inside of them.

But somebody needs to be strong right now.

The front lines already seemed to be on the verge of collapse. Between the last floor boss raid and the chaotic outbursts and carrying on in the midst of this fight, he did not have the luxury of crumbling. First and foremost, he offered a hand to Beat, pulling him up to his feet and immediately into a one armed embrace, their hands still clasped between their chests. "If you had made a liar out of me and died, we would have to have a very serious talk about that." He looked up the steps where players were beginning to congregate and released his 'waifu.' "Come on," he said, gesturing with his head. "They need us up there."

He walked up towards the other and began making the rounds, checking on the players who he knew the closest. As he drew near the cathedral. He laid a hand on @Hestia's shoulder, and then another on @Itzal's. With the latter, he did not exchanging more than a glance, but there was a solemn sobriety to that glance. Though the Ascendants were no more, Shield would have lost a part of him if any of them had actually died.

With that, he had two players left he needed to visit. He turned to where @Morgenstern and @Baldur stood and slowly approached. This was an encounter he did not know how to begin. There had been too much bad blood between Shield and Jonathan. His own ambition had placed a wedge between them that had never properly been removed, and since that moment, Jonathan had not spoken to him in a remotely friendly manner. Still, his feelings were the same as those he felt towards Itzal. He gripped Jonathan's shoulder and pulled him into a firm, one-armed embrace. With his mouth by the younger player's ear, he said under his voice, "Feel how you like about me, but I would have been sad to lose you. You have another chance now. I know you well enough to know that someday, you'll make the best of that." He released Jonatham and looked at Baldur, adding "I'm going to make an announcement to those gathered about our plans. If there's a time where a need for cohesion and direction is paramount, it is now. Take your time, and then join me if you like." He strode to a low garden wall, sitting and waiting patiently. There was a lot that needed said, and everyone needed a chance to recover themselves before forcing the bigger picture on them all.

I quickly wipe away tears and takes quick calming breathes before i open my eyes to look towards Itzal and Sunova as i just hug Itzal back gently letting him back away as i look towards the duo of players as i just nod my head. Well it's nice to be back. However, as far as everyone else is concerned you two i didn't die and neither did Morgenstern we both lived through that entire fight. Okay? I say towards Sunova asking her in a almost pleading and gentle tone of voice as i look towards her to lie for me to lie to everyone within Aincrad to make sure nobody will find out the truth about the events of this day. As far as everyone would be concerned me and Morgenstern had lived through this day without being knocked to 0 by a event boss. The frontlines needs to remain a force of being unbeatable to any challenge that comes towards us that is what i signed up for at the very least cause i want to inspire people so i am asking for you two to make sure that stays as such. That the frontlines is known for being a unkillable group and that it doesn't get compromised at all that such a fact would get slipped out. Can you do that for me? I ask as i make sure to maintain eye contact with @Sunova as i would ask that by using plural so Itzal would know that i am including him and by proxy all of the other players in this event raid to keep that a secret at all costs.

Once i would get my answer i would turn back to @Itzal as my gentle look would slowly rest into this definitely more serious look within the black haired girl's eyes as i glance down towards my familiar than towards the church doors and than finally right back towards Itzal. I'm doing fine. If anything this made me realize my time has been wasted by spending time gaining levels. I'm going to start putting meaning into my life by making everything i want reality. I say with this tone of finality that if anybody knows me would know have a good time trying to change my mind. I than look towards @Shield and makes my way over towards him making my way across through the courtyard till i would arrive at the tank. So than. What do you plan to say towards the gathered players Shield?

Itzal was glad to know she was ok, though what she said next concerned him.  No one would hear that they died today?  Specifically because Hestia wanted them to appear as some unbeatable force?  He frowned at this.  "...Hestia, it's never a good idea to make people think they can be invincible.  Especially when you're facing life or death situations.  They need to be ready for the fact that they could perish at any moment.  To lie to them would be to put them at risk when they didn't truly want it.  When players approach the front lines they need to be ready for the possibility of death..."  He sighed and turned to look away.  "......But if you want to keep the inevitable truth that everyone will some day discover.  I won't stop you."  No, he wouldn't.  He was essentially leaving the frontlines in their hands at this point.  When he heard what she said, it reminded him of back when he faced himself.  In that quest.  The lonliness.  The pain.  The hatred.  He chose to change and he did.  Now he'd be taking some time to change again.  He nodded in understanding and gave her another hug.  "Just don't close yourself off to your friends Hestia.  And stay safe."  With that he'd let go and watch her walk to Shield.  Itzal saw Morgenstern but wanted to talk with him in private.

@Hestia

With the battle over, Calrex gave a brief exhale as he returned with the others back to the outer area of the church, seemingly even more silent that he was normally. It wasn't hard to tell that he too had been shaken with the events that transpired. A small thud could be heard as he let the Grand Legionbane sloppily drop from his shoulder, as if he put no effort into guiding the massive axe-sword towards the ground. Swiping on his menu the weapon vanished as he gave a long sigh, one that he used to try and bring himself back to center.

There was a lot to process, and a lot for him to reflect on. The last series of actions put almost the entirety of the tier 3 party at death's door...all except for him. Part of the Ultramarine Knight was trying to understand what had transpired, while another was trying to analyze what could have happened if things were done differently, "Should I have been the main tank for the second party for the whole battle? Should I have brought mass healing potions?..."

Moving over to a nearby rock he dropped into a wide sitting position as he placed a hand against the "face" section of his expressionless helm, masking whatever emotions were flashing across his face as he continued to try and focus on his breathing. Eventually over the course of minutes he felt the wrenching spiral of emotions subside, seemingly coinciding with his breaths become more normal in pace and less erratic.

As he looked over at the people that were there he saw the ones they had supposedly lost in combat were still alive, Hestia, Morgenstern, Beat, and Seul all present and very much alive, all being surrounded by the others in the same sense of relief, although he himself was not expressing it to the same level. The sight gave him peace as a small smile came across his face, still hidden beneath his helmet, "It's not much of a comfort, but at least we haven't lost someone yet..."

Getting to his feet he gave a small nod to himself, "Don't be sorry, be better...that's all that I can do. If I was able to survive this, then it's not my character skills that need work. It's my tactics and decisions on the battlefield..."

"I've got work to do..."

He would watch as the boss's health bar reached zero, the bar fading. Except... it didn't break. It just seemed angered. It began to change forms again but before it made its change a light of brilliance would shine, causing it to falter. This light of brilliance and Artamiel would have a brief exchange before the light would send Artamiel into a rip in the sky. As it did, it would return to the living players speaking to them briefly. It would then begin to wave its hand, a surge of heat flowing through him. He would be thrusted into a bright light before he returned, coughing and sputtering on the ground. Tears still streamed down his face as he remained collapsed on the ground. It wasn't fair. He stood as people began to move into the courtyard. The frontliners would come into the area, the first to acknowledge him being Baldur. 

The man would tap Jonathan's shoulder pad, giving him a few words of advice. "I once read a book, and a single quote jumped out that changed my entire life." Jonathan would look to the man's eyes. It was Baldur who had basically inducted him into the frontlines. He reached out when the Frontlines needed a tank. "The power of good is shown, not by triumphantly conquering evil, but by continuing to resist, even when facing certain defeat." Jonathan would look towards him, wiping the tears from his eyes. "Resisting won't get us through the heavy door that obstructs tommorow. The only way to get through is with a passionate sword." He would look away from the man. Baldur's words meant something, but he couldn't change what laid in store. Not now. Another voice would speak up, this one far too familiar. "Feel how you like about me, but I would have been sad to lose you. You have another chance now. I know you well enough to know that someday, you'll make the best of that." Shield would walk away afterwards, but his words would linger. Perhaps... he had mistreated Shield himself. He shook his head. It was better if the man hated him. Once Jonathan finished his final mission, he wouldn't have anymore. That was it. He couldn't deal with it. 

He seen another figure look at him. Itzal. He knew the look. The man wanted to talk, but his face alone spelled out a thousand words. He didn't wish to speak in such a crowded place. 

@Baldur

Shield sat patiently. Hestia was already waiting to hear what he had to say, but he tried to give the others more time with one another. When those gathered had quieted down some and a fragile peace had settled in, he stood and raised a hand to call for silence. He waited a moment, letting anyone who cared to listen to redirect their attention before taking a breath and booming out over those gathered. "This was a difficult fight," he said, giving a very slight twitch at the corner of his mouth to acknowledge that he knew this was an understatement. "I am worried about the front lines. I do not think I am the only player who feels the same. Between the events of the last floor boos and what happened here today, it's clear that there's a lot of competing wills and a lot of players butting heads and following their impulses in the heat of battle," he went on, his dark brown eyes scanning the crowd, meeting the gaze of any who were listening. "Today, we received a harsh reminder that this isn't just a game, and that not only are our lives on the line, but even the supposedly immortal tanks were not safe from harm. I am built on 100% defense, and there are few players at a higher level than mine and look-" he pointed to his own health gauge, still sitting in the red despite his passive healing. "I used every opportunity available to me to defend and recover, and I barely survived."

He let the weight of their situation set in, taking a moment to take a deep breath before speaking again. "We are entering a new chapter of this war, and it needs to be met with a united front, or we risk losing people we need. Baldur and Beat and myself have been speaking of plans to bring some organization to the front lines," he said, gesturing to both players in turn. "This is not a dictatorship, and in a lot of ways, we are not even imposing ourselves into positions of power. We are organizing ourselves, and we are planning to network crafters to make sure players on the Assault Team are properly equipped." His gaze rested on Calrex and on Macradon and Hestia, and so on, one at a time picking out all of the powerful players present. "Whether or not you join our ranks in any official capacity, even if you are already loyal to your own separate guilds, if you fight for the freedom of the players and work to push the front lines forward safely, I consider you to be an honorary member of the Assault Team already. However, if you wish to contribute to our cause to make sure that players stay alive and well equipped as they push the lines forward, then I invite you to seek me out and discuss what you can contribute. Every player is needed, and every player has value."

He took another moment to look over those gathered and his expression softened a little, his jaw unclenching itself and his eyes relaxing. "I can't make players stick to a plan," he said, giving a very gentle shrug of his shoulders. "I think we need plans though, to make sure we're not fighting one another. That doesn't mean everyone needs to act as one, but the more that we're working together with one another - communicating, acting for the good of Aincrad rather than for personal interest - the more players that will see the light of day... the actual light of day. Not the artificial sun that we've been living off of for these long years." He extended his heavily armored hand, reaching out to those gathered with an upturned palm. "No matter your level, your build, or your occupation, we need you - we need each other."

Edited by Shield

Macradon would stop in his step as he was approaching the exit when he not only heard Shield’s words that regarded him, but also that he forgot something on the battlefield. “Dammit!” he yelled as he let go of Belphegor’s chains and ran by the flock of people, back out into the battlefields of where the frustration of an event battle had been held. “Where is it … where is it …” Macradon muttered as he scouted out the dark yard covered on shadows, and even though his helmet and the shadows would clash and contrast, it was still difficult to spot it out. “Ahh, there!” he said out loud and went down to pick up the helmet he had thrown to the side while fighting Artichoke the Bitter. “Heh, should probably keep this for the time being” he said as he turned back to the church where everyone else were. “Oh yeah, my forge is closed for the time being. I have some work to do before I open it again, but if the frontlines are gonna need some combat gear, I’ll probably start the Infinite Forge again” he said with a snicker towards @Shield, as that guild was long gone, and no members besides him were left at this height of floors. While thinking of the 'work' he had to do, he would rush to the windows to look at the lower tiered players and how they were doing, specifically @Kairi. Macradon would hammer on the windows, hoping to get her to notice his presence, but the noise from the battle and whatever magical himimajig would probably cancel out the noise he made. But while hammering on the window, Macradon would yell out “You go Kairi! Show them who’s boss! You go girl!” he said while Belphegor would howl while Macradon would do his pep cheer.

Sunova nodded to @Hestia looking up to the calm woman now who was letting out a few tears just a second ago, Sunova kind of wished she was like her calm and relaxing about everything, But Sunova never really could do that even if she tried. She was always scared people would see her as different in this world because of her pure white hair, just like everyone in her hometown did anyways. "I can... Yes, I can do that, But if Haz one day makes it to the frontlines, could you make sure he does not act like ... like he does now, He has been the only support I had when I got into this game," She said a bit as tears still fall down her cheek slowly, clearly Sunova was upset as she saw her best friend turn mad because he kind of lost his best friend, and no matter what she said Hazado could not hear her.

She then turned to the other guy who hammered at the window, "Sorry Sir, I have tried, they can't hear a thing, he is blocking every sound from going in he even made an illusion to think all of you were really dead, and not just you know, this guy may not be the god as there is nothing like that, but surely this guy is a devil and does not belong anywhere, just Like me." She said to @Morgenstern Before sitting down on the stairs again staring at her Katana she was holding it could almost like she was hugging it. at the handle of the white Katana sat a fox head and on the sheet of the blade were drawings of a fox as well. She looked up at @Baldur Who seemed to Have a Katana as well, "Sir... How do you even handle a weapon like that, I know mine is a bit too big for me but still I can train in using it... I failed my job as a support today, but I also want to help my friends in every way I can, I know how to strike a sword, I was learning it from my gramps, but this thing is just big and um... a bit hard for me to handle well," Sunova said to him as her tears slowly started to faith.

Baldur smiled sadly as Morgenstern turned away from him. The boy was confused and looking for a way to dismiss everything, but he would come around. He couldn't yet grasp the words Baldur had shared with him, but the samurai was certain that the time would come when the meaning would reveal itself to him. He just had to open his eyes, but perhaps following his death and resurrection wasn't the time for it. He needed the words now more than ever, but Baldur could not help someone who didn't want to be helped... and sometimes you just had to work it out yourself.

Baldur had been there before.

Turning to and walking up besides Shield, Baldur listened to him tell the players gathered here about their plans. It wasn't the locale or the situation Baldur had planned, but it would certainly due to get the word out. Baldur listened as Shield worked through his spiel about the guild. It was pretty good, it said what needed to be said, and Baldur would reiterate a few points that he had made for emphasis. This was Shield's baby though, they just happened to share an understanding of the problem.

"We all saw what happened at the last boss fight, and I think we all, here at least, agree that that can't be how we proceed. There needs to be organization. What we did prove, however, was how a well supplied front line can triumph, even on our worst day. That was perhaps the worst we have ever performed, and yet we triumphed because we came to the fight prepared. But here, we came to the fight unprepared... and we would have faced truly terrible results."

Baldur distinctly didn't look at anyone when he said this last bit.

"We're losing people, not to death, but to disorganization and disenfranchisement. We will need to rebuild trust, and forge bonds between each other again, and work together to make sure we come to each front line fight prepared."

Now he looked at each of them in turn.

"That's what we're trying to do. Help organize. You don't have to be a member of the guild, because our guilds purpose is to support the frontline. Through leadership if needed, or working with other leaders. Coordinating resources, be they players or potions. We're not here to control, but lead, by serving."

Having said his piece, Baldur stepped away from Shield and the imaginary spotlight Baldur had placed on himself speaking out like that, when he noticed one of the lower tier players he did not know the name of yet, but she bore wolf katana. Katana users weren't terribly rare, but they were rarer than most.

"How do I...?" Baldur mused at her question, repeating part of it as he thought.

"You don't. I mean, the system does all the striking. You don't want to fight it. The most useful thing I've taken from swordsmanship outside of the game is the most fundamental. Footwork. Footwork is everything in SAO. Since the system takes care of the attacks themselves through the sword arts, focusing on footwork can help you step into the pre-motion without losing your guard, or help you create distance without losing your chance to counter-attack. Just like in a real kendo or European fencing match, it's all about footwork."

He smiled down at the girl, seeing now what her situation must have been. She wasn't just sitting here to watch them pose and talk about boss fights, or cheer her friends on. She had been in the fight and died like they had. Baldur felt his heart suddenly ache for the youngster. At second glance, he realized he had misjudged the girl. Well, he had misjudged the young woman, and kicked himself mentally for it. She was... vertically challenged, to be fair, but she was not the child that he had first thought she was. And for that reason, Baldur turned his full attention to the woman. He gave her a bow deeper than he normally would, an unspoken apology for a slight he had not made, but for which he still felt guilty.

"Pardon my manners. I am Baldur. I'm sorry you feel like you failed today, but I'm sure your friends feel like they failed you." He tried not to talk down to her, but she appeared to be asking for his advice as a frontliner and fellow katana users. "I know it sounds selfish, but if you are building support, then your first priority needs to be yourself and the tank. It's not often that a boss deals enough damage to threaten the support and DPS players, but when it comes down to it, you life is integral.If it comes down to a life or death fight like today's was, you need to put your life, and the life of the tank, before anyone else'. If you die, the tank won't be far behind. And if the tank dies, everyone else dies with him. If it comes down to you or the tank, you choose the tank. Because if the tank goes down, everyone is going down, no matter how much you can heal. So when you come to join us on the frontline, you need to come prepared to survive."

Sunova looked at @Baldur and she nodded, "Footwork... Yeah, Okay, I know how to use that as I'm a dancer as well so footwork is not a problem, But I always seem to mess up, I don't know if it is just me or the blade, but like my grandpa always ways said, The user will move to the blade but the blade will never move tot he user, you have to change if you want to use a blade, But I really don't know that means tho," She said looking down again to her blade. She was quite a bit sad and she was mad at her self for some reason, it was just something that happened and she could not live with herself. She then looked back to Baldur and gave a weak smile but you could see how sad she was in her eyes just alone, as he was telling her about things about having a tank and other things. "Well... may sound selfish but sometimes things like that need to be done, I think, Name is Sunova user of the Fokkusu soul or White fox soul," She said standing up.

She walked over to the window and pointed a player in party one with green armor and the trident, "That guy, He is my Tank, Hazado... We are... Close friends, and seeing him like this is just... painful," She pointed at Hazado as  he took a healing potion in, But after he did Miraak blacked out the windows and something happened It was just quiet now and nobody knew what was going on, What did he do what is happening. You could see the worry on Sunova's Face and she got scared that her friends in there were going to get a full attack on them and not making them as lucky as she herself was. In all her pain and fear Sunova fell to her knees hugging her Katana close, "I don't... I don't want to know... please just do something!" She said to @Hestia and the rest that was standing there, sounding angry and sad at the same time, She truly could see that this was scaring the girl even more and it was just broke her slowly.

"Oh, you're a dancer? Then yes, you should be able to grasp the footwork quickly. I can show you what I mean, but the way sword arts work, and if you're a classical dancer, then the premotions should be something very easy for you to grasp, as they're almost like dance poses." Baldur was not a dancer, but from what he knew of dance, and what he knew of the sword art system, they were very easy to conflate.

"Fighting with sword arts is very counterintuitive to fighting with a sword in the real world. Some of the principles and skills learned in one can be useful for the others, but mastering edge alignment isn't a thing in SAO, which is perhaps the most annoying thing about sword fighting in the real world." Baldur said with laughter touching his eyes.

"It is nice to meet you, Sunova." Baldur gave her a warm, welcoming smile that emphasized the truth of the welcome.

Baldur walked over to the window with Sunova, and peered through, watching the lowbies fight for their life. He felt for her. He had been in her shoes just a moment ago, but now he had the clarity of hindsight. He watched as she pointed out Hazado, her tank, and he understood a bit more of the feelings that plagued the girl.

"There is a sacred bond between a tank and his healer. You did well keeping him up. Now that our cards have been played, we just have to have faith that he will know what to do."

Just as Baldur finished trying to ease her worry, the inky darkness of the demon inside blacked out the windows, and Baldur could see the fear and anxiety in her reflection in the window. Then the girl collapsed to her knees, unable to bear the weight of what she could no longer do to help the fight.

Baldur turned to look at the priests, as if to ask them if there was nothing more they could do, but a certainty fell upon Baldur's shoulders. Anyone more who died would end up here like Sunova, just like Beat, and Seul, and Hestia, and Morgenstern. This was an event on rails. It was meant to throw them up against something difficult, that pushed them to the limit, but not let them suffer the consequences. There was still uncertainty, but not for Baldur any longer.

"They will be fine, Sunova-chan. They will come through."

@Sunova

I nod towards Shield with a smile at hearing his words as i can tell that it at least is what i was hoping to do on my own by forming my own little meeting and inviting everybody that i could. 'Though it seems like Shield and the others were on that already might've been after the boss raid instead of scouting they might've had a meeting..who knows.' I think to myself idly as i just nod towards the tank and just gives a thumbsup before i make my way away from him, and as i do so i look towards Sunova and smile gently towards her and rests a hand upon her shoulder and just nod my head towards her. I can promise that your friend and mine as well Hazado will be taken care of Sunova. Anyone that enters the frontlines and anybody that i can see and be able to reach will have my protection. I risk life and limb for all of you really and make my decisions based on what i think can help protect everyone that i can. I say in a gentle tone of voice towards the girl with a smile upon my face doing my best to try and act like i'm fine and that nothing could stop me if it got in my way. Even though that is far from the truth and easily observable for those in the Artamiel fight and those that saw myself spawn in this courtyard after my impromptu not death. I turn towards the church as all the windows get covered in just pure black nothingness obscuring people from view of the fight on the inside as i just nod my head accepting that as a fact of this event. 'A way to strike even more fear and distance between players.' Looking towards Sunova i look towards her and just smiles a gentle and non-worried smile. Don't worry about them Sunova your friends are strong they'll defeat Miraak in the end, and besides i don't think we're allowed to interfere at this point since if we could i'm sure Macradon would've busted down that church by now. Furthermore, it seems that whoever dies during this gets revive. Either Kayaba wanted to instill fear, or he felt like making players become to scared to fight again like in the early days of this war against him.

(OOC: Sorry that it took so long for me to post...)

Sunova laughed a little as Dazia asked the questions, but she soon...hugged Dazia, sobbing as she did so.   "This, this is... This girl understands personal space much less than Yinangi does..." Sunova believed it may have been a bug in the system, and that after she was brought back that she was unable to help in any way. She also gave her thoughts on the party's current condition in the fight, and said that she couldn't stand the thought of leaving them there to die because she could do nothing. "...I see this as a taste of what the frontlines are like, something designed for our level, but still dangerous nevertheless. It is no different from actual war. People go, and they either die or come back wounded, mentally or physically, and I sure as hell won't die out there, being slain for a cause I cannot fight for. It's too risky for me. Granted, leaving the safe zone for the first time was a necessary risk, but the dangers of bosses like these are far too much for me to be at ease. I intend to survive, by any means necessary, so I've made my choice to leave so I may live to fight another day. You were brought back from the dead, so I'd say you have a chance to carefully consider, is the price of war really worth it all?" Soon, one of the priests came to Dazia to explain the situation. "...'Fallen Angel'? Are you serious?" A "Fallen Angel" was preventing her from getting out? She found herself unable to see anything but the specks of light, the courtyard, darkness, Sunova, and the NPC priests, thus she didn't understand. The priest claimed that God was watching over the players fighting the thing that kept Dazia trapped here. "Save it for your Sunday sermons, which I have no interest in attending." She thought.

@Sunova

It wasn't long before the Frontliners' battle had come to a close, and all who were "Killed" returned to the courtyard alive and well. As the conversations began, Dazia began to wonder why the defeated players were even resurrected in the first place. "They should be dead after that. Why aren't they dead? I've had to kill in a duel twice out of self-defense, and they didn't return... So just WHY is this happening?" The question puzzled Dazia for a bit of a small while. She thought it over as she gleaned what words she could hear from the overlapping conversations. When she came to a conclusion, she would say out loud for a few, or several to hear, "I believe Kayaba is toying with us. This is either a joke to him, or this is, to us, a taste of the dangers yet to come. I bet he's laughing his head off over what we all just went through, and what they might go through as well." She said as she gestured to the ongoing fight, the view now concealed in black fog. "The result of what you endured has only proven my own opinion on the frontlines. It's a war I'd rather not get involved with. Risking my life in such a way would be unlike me. Some are willing to risk their lives for all players in Aincrad, but here, I, and all of you, have been reminded of the price of war today." She explained(and admitted) with a serious expression on her face. "The exact events that occurred here, should not be omitted, if you are to tell anyone. Spreading lies and hiding truths will only get more players killed. There may be less casualties if they know of, and are prepared, for the price they may have to pay." She couldn't leave the courtyard, but she would go off on her own for a bit. No doubt that someone may have been angered by what she had said.

25 Dark Points have been added to Dazia's Journal

Dazia's alignment has been affected!

@Hestia @Macradon @Shield @Baldur