Jump to content
Plot Master

[F17] Obsidian Invasion

Recommended Posts

Objective put out fires 8/10

"I AM THE FIRE FIGHTING QUEEN!" Ceres shouted followed by a cackling laugh. She was hot. She was sweaty - and her laughs were broken by a coughing fit as she accidentally inhaled too much smoke. Ceres sprayed the hose upwards. Relishing in the spray of cold water that came crashing down on her.

 

"At least this will cool me off a bit!" The redheaded woman said as she began to move, not wanting to waste the water presssure -

"Ok...next house....next place...Ah!"  Ceres almost tripped over the hose as she had to stop, finding another fire, this time down a small alleyway - the entire thing set ablaze. "Ready...Aim....FIIIRE!" She shouted as she hefted the heavy hose in the direction of the flames. The water doused the flames quickly. Leaving behind a pile of charred boxes and crates. She wondered what used to be in them...and who kept starting all these fires anyway?

"How many more could there possibly be?" Ceres asked herself

Edited by Ceres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Healing the Citizens
ID#133304  CD:6

-Collected Potion from Apocathery Stockpiled +1 Potion
-No available citizens to heal                                   0 available citizens  2/10 Citizens healed

 

Mari left the tent, kicking a pile of rock out of the way as she headed back toward the apothecary. There were no more people to help. At least not in the tent...so  that meant they were trapped in houses and homes...burning rubble, suffocating....

Mari hugged herself at the thought. OF little kids like the one she saw trapped, alone, and crying. Sure...they were NPCs but they were realistic. That kids hands were warm, and his eyes were brimming with real tears. In a world where everyone was data...Did being an NPC make them any less real than her? Mari was kicking herself for thinking this chaos was strangely peaceful earlier. Whilst...a part of it still did ring true - the woman really didn't like seeing others around her suffering.

She shifted through the rubble, smoke, and fire - reaching the Apothecary, she grabbed another potion. Just because there weren't any other people in the tent, it didn't mean that she couldn't be ready for them.

 

 

 

Healing Citizens
For every CD roll of 4 or higher, a potion may be collected from the apothecary to heal a citizen.

  1. You may have someone stockpiling apothecary potions while waiting for more citizens to be freed from the rubble.
  2. Collecting a potion from the apothecary is a post action, but healing a citizen is a free action.
  3. Those with a Energize Skill or First Aid Skill may heal a citizen by using these skills with two separate post actions per citizen.
  4. Once all 10 citizens have been healed, this task is complete.



     
Edited by Mari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Healing Citizens: Stockpiling Potions

Current Stockpile: 1

Skeleton's efforts were immediately put on hold, the people requiring the healing potion he picked up were still stuck underneath the rubble. The best course of action he could do was to continue seeking out apothecaries who were carrying trays of potions to distribute them manually. The more points of distribution the easier things would be for the relief efforts.

As Skeleton moved through the mob of rushing citizens he began to lose his sense of direction. He thought he had caught sight of another apothecary but when he reached out to the figure, his hand landed flat on a curtain caught in rubble. With a brief moment of panic he spun on his heel to begin moving once more only to catch his step with his own leg, stumbling forward, arms out waving. For a moment he caught his balance, but only horizontally. He still fell forward, his face cushioning the fall.

He had hoped there weren't any onlookers.

Spoiler

ID# 133305

CD: 1

 

Edited by Skeleton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Objective: Move Debris
ID: 133306
Final LD: 8 + 7(bonus) = 15

Mishiro heaved off the last of the debris and almost fell into another coughing fit at the ash and the smoke that rose up to greet her. The NPC was beyond grateful and wouldn't stop thanking her as soon as she helped them onto their feet. She noticed they were covered in cuts and limping--their leg had seen the worst part of the collapse of their house. "Let's get you healed," the girl said after she recovered her breath. "The people who came to help, they set up a medical tent. Lean on me if you need to."

They talked as they made the arduous trip to the tent. She wasn't the most talkative, but perhaps the rescued NPC just needed someone to vent their fears and frustrations to. "I thought it was just a normal night, you know? The kids were in the dining room and I was preparing dinner at the kitchen... oh, God," the NPC wrapped their arms around themself, as if they just realized. "I-I don't know where they are."

"The others will find them," she assured, somewhat uselessly. She knew--for whatever reason--that she hadn't seen anyone else in the rubble of the collapsed house.

Along the way, she persuaded them to stand by and wait as she freed another citizen she spotted and pointed them both in the direction of the tent.

Spoiler

RELEVANT STATS

 

Edited by Mishiro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Objective put out fires 9/10

Ceres was dripping wet with water and sweat...and she wasn't sure which was which. The majority was water...thankfully... hopefully. The rose-red headed woman was breathing heavily, her thighs hurt... and her arms hurt - and the hose was beginning to get taut. She wasn't sure how much further she'd be able to carry it before it ran out of length.

Her eyes watered and she knew she'd come out of this smelling like soot and ash...still Ceres persevered. She wanted to prove she was useful. That you didn't have to fight on the frontlines or be the highest damage dealer to be useful and be respected. She'd forge her own path forward. Without pressure from others. Without judgement. Without faltering.

Despite her thoughts Ceres did falter, arms buckling as they struggled to carry a heavy hose spewing out water. Still she continued- seeing the fire near the end of the street. She pulled hard on the hose - it was taut - she couldn't go any further. But the fire was only a single house away. "I'll SHOW YOU!" She screamed at the top of her lungs as she hefted the hose high over her head with shaking hands.

The plume of water poured high over her, and just managed to reach the fire, dousing it and extinguishing it. "Phew.." Ceres said as she collapsed to the floor. She couldn't carry the hose any further. She was gasping for air. She had done it...right?

Right?

Edited by Ceres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Objective: Fortify the Walls
ID: 133307
Final LD: 18+3(MIT)=21 LD 

Jinx smiled as she watched her familiar playing with the NPC's, helping keep them calm in the face of chaos. With the NPC's taken care off, Jinx moved her attention back onto the wall itself. It was looking good, nearly done if she was honest with herself. Grinning widely, the girl climbed up the walls to ensure all of it was intact, and spotted some shattered stone. "H-hey! I need some spare stone over here please!" She called out to the NPCs who were playing with Fou. 

The NPC's heard her call, and using some carts, moved it over to Jinx. The girl hesitated, but managed to push it up the wall enough that it fitted nicely in the wall. Jinx smiled and looked around "The walls looking much better! A few more fix-ups, and i think we'll be good on this front!" Jinx called out to the others, looking around and spotting Fou clambering up an NPCs shoulder. The girl leapt down from the battlements, and beckoned her familiar over. 

Edited by Jinx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Objective: Move Debris
ID: 133308 
Final LD: 20 + 7(bonus) = 27 

This... this was terrible. Walking down rows of collapsed houses, she squinted past remaining smoke and coughed into the back of her armored hand. With all this destruction, the four she rescued couldn't be all there was, right? Mishiro was tired and the only respite she allowed herself was a few minutes' rest and a bottle of water she pulled from her inventory earlier, but she was sure she could do much more before SAO's stamina mechanic was at its limit.

At least the fires were finally out.

"Shiro?" Tugging at what looked like fallen rafters. That was how he spotted her while in the middle of a patrol... though Mishiro was sure no one else was around when she checked earlier. He drew closer, watching her pull again with genuine confusion. "What are you--?"

"I think there's someone trapped in there. An NPC," she explained. "You have better eyes than me, Aniki. Can you go down the street and check if there's more?"

A tinge of realization appeared in his eyes before they shone gold with the activation of a higher-leveled [Detect] skill and he walked past her to survey the area she was pointing. "That's really like you. I don't think Leah would mind if I took some time off." 

Mishiro smiled.

With their combined efforts, three more citizens were freed from the debris before Claude gave the all-clear. "Alright, now she's blowing up my inbox," he chuckled. The scout turned back to Mishiro and gestured to the citizens, "Good work there! I never would have thought about them. I'm supposed to pass by the tent on my rounds, so leave them to me. And--" He walked up to her and flicked her on the forehead. "You look like you're about to drop. I'm trusting you to get a rest before looking for more. Stay safe, alright?"

"I will."

She watched him leave and, as promised, she sat down on a stone bench that had been left standing by the attack.

Spoiler

RELEVANT STATS

 

Edited by Mishiro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extinguish the Fires 10/10


Ceres was sitting on the ground, which was quickly becoming a pile of slush and mud as water continued to gush from the hose. She groaned. Out of breath and out of energy she wasn't sure she could continue. There were no fires this way... So did that mean they were done.

"Better drag this back..." She mumbled to herself as with a great deal of effort...she pushed herself to her feet. With one shaky step in front of the other Ceres grabbed the hose and began to drag it back to the pump. The hose whipped haphazardly around behind her. Spewing water everywhere.

'Well....at least nothing behind me will magically burst into flames...its all wet...'

Ceres arrived at the pump and leaned down to turn it off. Only to stop. Lilac eyes staring ahead of her "Are....are you KIDDING me?" There was one more fire....thankfully close enough that she'd be able to lug the hose over to it.

"Please...PLEASE let this be the last one..." She breathed in exhaustion as she lugged the hose behind her toward the fire. Ceres wanted to give up. she wanted to cry, but she persevered.

She wouldn't let this beat her. "RRaarggh..." With a grunt Ceres hefted up the hose and aimed it at the fire. Quickly dousing the flames. Once the final dancing licks of orange and yellow disappeared into plumes of grey smoke a small notification popped up

-All fires extinguished-

"Y..Yaay..." Ceres feebly celebrated as she dropped the hose there. Screw carrying it back to the pump. She trudged through mud and derbris then collapsed by the pump as she reached out and turned it off.

"I'm....just gonna...rest.....here for a...minute..." She huffed as she let herself fall to the ground in a heap.

Edited by Ceres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Healing Citizens: Stockpiling Potions

Current Stockpile: 1

Pulling his face out of the dirt, Skeleton scrambled to his feet groggily gaining his bearings. He had looked around stick searching for apothecaries but the fall had wiped his memory of who, what, or where apothecaries are or were. Holding his hands to his head, he noticed a distinct lack of burning in the area.

"The fires are out? Nice!"

Taking another few steps, Skeleton stumble, reaching out to grab on to nearby piles of rubble, almost slipping back down in the progress. He took a second to find a safe seating to regroup. His head was spinning and to top it all off there were just too many people. 

Having caught his breath and managed to stop the woozy feeling he caught from a surprise greeting with the ground, he began to make his way back to the crowd, trying to keep an eye out for apothecaries. The only thing resounding in Skeleton's mind would be that they held trays of potions.

 

Spoiler

ID# 133309

CD: 3

 

Edited by Skeleton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Objective: Fortify the Walls
ID: 133310
Final LD: 7+3(MIT)=10 LD

Jinx smiled at the repair work for the wall, the towns shield, that she'd made. In a way, her pride did stem from the knowledge that the towns wall was like her in battle. Acting to shield everyone else from harm. If she could ensure their shield was up and standing, then much like with those she fought alongside, she could ensure their shield protected them. It was her job after all.

It didn't take Jinx long to find the next part of the wall that was in needs of repair, and grabbed a few stones, was able to ensure it wouldn't shatter if someone attacked it...hopefully. Jinx took a step back, admiring the word she'd done and whistled over. Her familiar, Fou, leapt up onto her shoulder and the girl stroked its chin. "Did you have fun with them Fou? I just hope you're ready for the harder parts of the job..."

Edited by Jinx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Objective: Fortify the Walls > Moving Debris

Finally heaving the massive stone piece he was working with the NPcs to place, Calrex gave a small sigh of relief, looking at the other areas around him. It looked like the other sections of the wall were pretty much filled in, which mean it might be a good time to switch duties to whatever was needed next, "Seems like there's an excess of people on medical duty right now, which is good, but I can definitely hear various places where the NPCs are calling for assistance with getting people out from the rubble. Better see about getting that moving."

Sprinting over the bluenette's armored appearance switched back to his casual combat attire as his eyes became visible once again. His forearms became surrounded by the Grand Gauntlets III as he drew closer and closer to one of the collapsed hunks of debris, "Alright, I'm here to help..."

Planting his feet had reached his armored gloves into the gap he could find as he gave a few deep breaths, ready to start lifting when the signal was given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID#13317 CD: 8
Healing the Citizens

-Successfully grabs another potion
-Using Stockpiled Potion  (1 stockpiled one remaining)
-Healed a citizen                                    3/10 Citizens healed

-----------

"Hmmm..." Mari shifted through the shelves of the apothecary. She already had a potion, but there was a commotion going on outside. And if her hunch was right, it meant that more citizens were being freed. She already had one potion safely tucked away in her pocket so grabbing another one would mean less trips back and forth. "There we go..." Mari said as she lifted up her baggy jumper and shoved the second potion into the pocket of her shorts.

Mari headed back to the tent, noticing that other players had began to remove the rubble and derbris from the streets. There were more now, far more than Mari had thought. "Why did they set the medic tent so far away from the apocathary?" She grumbled as she headed past houses, drenched with water and still smoking. At least it looked like most, if not all the fires were out by now. But Mari wasn't really keeping track of them.

Mari headed back into the tent and approached a weeping old woman just to the left of the entrance. "Here..." She gently clasped the old womans hands and placed the vial into her hands. "This will help ease the pain. Are you ok? The old woman sobbed and nodded her head, she tried to drink from the vial but her hands were shaking uncontrollably.

"Here..." Mari said quietly as she guided her old hands to her mouth. "Just take it nice and slow now." Mari said in a calm voice. "See, there you go. That didn't taste too bad now did it?"

"Thank you." The old lady replied. "B-But my husband..." Her eyes shifted to a man who was lying on a stretcher beside her.

"It's ok. I got another potion." Mari said as she squeezed the NPCs hand.

------------

Healing Citizens
For every CD roll of 4 or higher, a potion may be collected from the apothecary to heal a citizen.

  1. You may have someone stockpiling apothecary potions while waiting for more citizens to be freed from the rubble.
  2. Collecting a potion from the apothecary is a post action, but healing a citizen is a free action.
  3. Those with a Energize Skill or First Aid Skill may heal a citizen by using these skills with two separate post actions per citizen.
  4. Once all 10 citizens have been healed, this task is complete.


     
Edited by Mari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Healing Citizens: Stockpiling Potions

Current Stockpile: 1

Skeleton heard a call from the outside of the mob. Rubble had been moved and trapped citizens were free, but they needed healing. Skeleton had begun to weave between the mob to get through to the newly freed citizens, having gotten elbowed int he face a few times on the way through. As he approached he pulled out the potion from his pocket that had miraculously survived existence with Skeleton the last few minutes and uncapped it. He unceremoniously dumped the contents of the potion on to the citizen.

Skeleton's brain finally caught up to his actions. That's not how it was supposed to go, was it? But thankfully it had counted.

(1 Available Citizen left according to Mari's post. 4/10 Citizens Healed)

As Skeleton began darting off to the mob again his foot once again is caught by something beneath him. Before he could reach out to catch something he was dragged downwards by the sheer force of gravity. On the way down he caught a glimpse of soot and red, and could almost hear the sound of snoring in slow motion. His mind almost came to a full stop but then he remembered.

"Cer-?!"

Thud.

Edited by Skeleton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, that's a lot of potions... I look away for one second and there's already so gosh darn many...

NIGHT watched the scatter of players run about the vicinity, lazily idling by the site of danger. She'd be off working on something else, but then she got distracted watching Basuke show up. Mari had said something to him, but it looked more like he didn't understand or hear it, and thought if she should go after the boy. Nevertheless, he came back afterwards and squatted in a corner, potion in hand. Then... well, let's see.

Who names themselves Skeleton, anyway? The woman huffed, equipping and raising her scarf. The smell of sulfur and smoke was heavy in the air -- all those fires were starting to clear up, but it didn't mean that breathing was any less difficult. Stumbling through the smog, she was lost in her own thoughts, wondering if Bistro had decidedly shown up at the event yet, when--

--THUD!

NIGHT tripped, falling atop something -- no -- someone really soft.

... Who? Who just decided to take a nap in the middle of the road like this?

Edited by NIGHT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Objective: Moving Debris
ID: 133312
LD: 19 (+3 DMG) = 22

On the signal Calrex heaved upwards with his arms, lifting as much as he could. A brief grunt of exertion escaped his teeth as he worked in unison with the other NPCs working to heave the massive pile of rubble to the side. From what he could tell it might have been something close to a collapsed roof, at least from the size of the piece. However, their efforts were not in vain as he could see a couple of individuals that had been buried beneath were able to emerge successfully. Nodding over to the medical tents that were set up nearby the bluenette made sure that there were no other remaining people beneath. Once that was done he and the other participating people lowered the rubble back down. "Alright, that takes care of that for now. Seems like the sounds of calls for help are starting to die down. Hopefully there's not much more we need to do to sure up before this supposed invasion."

Spoiler

Grand Gauntlets III (Tier 3): +3 Damage

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Objective: Fortify the Walls
ID: 133313
Final LD: 14+3(MIT)=17 LD

With Fou on her shoulder, Jinx jogged around the wall to ensure there wasn't any glaring holes in the wall. She'd feel horrible if she didn't do her job properly, and the town suffered as a result of her being lazy! The girl got her familiar to go and help her, and she heard a familiar 'Fou fou!' noise. Checking it out, indeed, her familiar found a series of cracks that could let the entire wall fall! Jinx fed her familiar a snack as a reward, before sealing up the crackles with the nearby stone to keep the wall intact. 

"Good job Fou! With this, hopefully, the wall will keep everyone safe! Thanks to you little one" The girl raised her arm to stroke her familiars ears and chin lovingly and even got a second snack, just to ensure her familiar knew she was indeed well loved. 

Edited by Jinx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randal saw that fires all around him were dying down quickly and took a moment to appreciate the fact that there was no more smoke wafting up into the blue sky was a moment of serenity before his mind quickly brought him to reality as there was still very much more to do.

The city walls were still being repaired and that was a huge part of Randal’s concern, however he was now in the middle of the city far from the city walls and the effects of the obsidian castle has resulted in many kinds of debris all over the place that needed to be removed and disposed of.

Randal started walking in the direction of the city walls while removing as much debris as he could. He helped people lift up a bookcase that had fallen. Clean up flower pots that had fallen and generally put in his best effort to put up a strong front for the people of the city so that they might feel safe.

Spoiler

Objective:Putting out fire > Moving Debris

 

Edited by Randal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Healing the Citizens
-Using Stockpiled Potion
-Healed a citizen                                    5/10 Citizens healed

-----------

-Mari knelt down by the old man. She reached out and placed a hand on his head. He had a fever, and he appeared to be struggling to breathe. "What's his name?" She asked the old lady.

"Gerald...and I'm Gladys." She said.

Mari smiled at Gladys. "It's nice to meet you both. Now.." She turned her attention to Gerald. "I'm here to help you." Mari pushed back strand of orange hair behind her ears as she leaned foward. Mari gently pried one arm underneath the feeble mans back, lifting him up. The other hand uncorked the vial and held it to his lips.

"Ok Gerald listen, Your wife is here and she wants you to drink this." He spluttered but did as he was told. HIs hand wrapped around Mari's and lowered it. "T-Thank you miss... we owe you our lives. This world needs kind people like you."

Mari turned her eyes away. His words were meant to be sweet, words of comfort. But she was not...kind. If he knew, if he saw the monument of life...he'd know she was not kind.

"Thank you." Mari said softly as she stood.

I shouldn't be here...

Mari turned from the tent, and left it in silence.
 

------------

Healing Citizens
For every CD roll of 4 or higher, a potion may be collected from the apothecary to heal a citizen.

  1. You may have someone stockpiling apothecary potions while waiting for more citizens to be freed from the rubble.
  2. Collecting a potion from the apothecary is a post action, but healing a citizen is a free action.
  3. Those with a Energize Skill or First Aid Skill may heal a citizen by using these skills with two separate post actions per citizen.
  4. Once all 10 citizens have been healed, this task is complete.

     
Edited by Mari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Objective: Move Debris
ID: 133318 
Final LD: 18 + 7(bonus) = 25

She took a break. Opening her inventory with a flick of her hand, she withdrew another bottle of water and drank. Her throat felt parched. Was it from all the smoke and ash or the exertion? Mishiro had never been this close to a fire before -- not when she was conscious -- and it wasn't something she would have wanted to experience in her lifetime.

Ten minutes should be enough.

Going down the last line of houses, this one less affected by the attack than most, she frowned slightly at the thought of letting Claude leave before the job was finished. He had his own task, but with every seemingly unconcerning pile of rubble she passed, Mishiro wondered if he would have detected a trapped NPC where she didn't. She found another when she entered a damaged but still-standing house near the end of the line and freeing them was a surprisingly easier task than the rest. 

"I'm here to help," she stated. Heaving up the large piece of debris they were trapped underneath, she held it up long enough for the citizen to crawl out of the rubble then allowed it to drop back to the ground with a loud crash. Pebbles rolled off the top of the pile and her surroundings were quiet again.

The cries for help and the screaming had stopped maybe a few minutes ago.

"We have a medical tent set up. I'll lead you back there."

The city was in a better state than it had been before the players arrived, but it only reminded her of the fact that something -- something that actually left a safe zone in this state -- had never happened before... the same way invasion events had been unheard of until the Star Festival many months ago. Were SAO's events becoming more destructive as they progressed?

Spoiler

RELEVANT STATS

 

Edited by Mishiro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randal carries on his endeavour to help repair or dispose of any rubble that might have taken their place along the streets. It was almost as if an earthquake has hit thats Randal was simply unaware about. Regardless it took a lot of manpower and whiter to clear up the debris with many people utilising their skills to break down the rubble into smaller pieces so that other people who weren’t as steering could participate in the overall clean up effort of the city. 

Further away in the direction he was going, he could see that many people were also trying to repair the wall and that our Randal’s mind at ease to some extent so that he could carry on with his clean up of the city in peace of mound without having to worry so much shot the possibility of monsters or any other creature invading just yet.

Spoiler

Objective: Moving Debris
ID:  ID# 133319
LD: 4+3+3+1 (LD and DMG and searching)

 

Edited by Randal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×