Storyline/Event Idea

Hey everyone. In my ongoing quest for mad amounts of SP, I came up with something I thought would be a lot of fun, and I’d like to see if other people would be interested in joining me.

I have an idea to run an event that centers around rescuing players who are trapped in a safezone because a bunch of mobs are surrounding the area, making it impossible for the people inside to escape without immediately entering combat. We would need to save the players, and then investigate the cause of the problem. My idea is to have this take place over a couple of threads.

I have ideas for how players of all levels could be involved, so let me know if you’re interested!

Edited by Calrex
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there's so many of us, and PPs with this many people normally crash and burn, can I propose that we do a couple different groups? I know you and I have toyed around with plot ideas before, Cal, so maybe we can tie some of those ideas in? I'm loving the enthusiasm though!

Yeah, I can see how a massive super-thread might either drag on or die off. Six-month-long Molten Hydra fight, anyone? 

Haha, but in all seriousness, I think your premise gives us plenty of room to work with. I'd be down to start one of those splinter threads, if you'd like.

Well, depending on the overall size, you could do a safe zone with X amount of exits. Each exit gets their own thread/team, yet they still run in tandem with one another. Should, for some reason, a player need to provide backup to another team/exit, they post they leave one thread to join the other thread and continue RPing in that thread until the event ends or they are needed in another area.

Multiple threads linked together as one coherent event and still providing the ability to move between areas.

Near the tail end, or the rendezvous point, everyone can merge into one thread for closings or to leave as a full group to the next safe zone.

Edited by Lycan

That would give me a way to not die in one shot to a Calrex size mob! XD

@Lessa, that sounds like a great idea! It should help people from getting lost, and having a ridiculous posting order where we only get to post once a month!

Edit: Lycan, that's brilliant!

Edited by Baldur
Lycan's brilliance
5 minutes ago, Lycan said:

Well, depending on the overall size, you could do a safe zone with X amount of exits. Each exit gets their own thread/team, yet they still run in tandem with one another. Should, for some reason, a player need to provide backup to another team/exit, they post they leave one thread to join the other thread and continue RPing in that thread until the event ends or they are needed in another area.

Multiple threads linked together as one coherent event and still providing the ability to move between areas.

Near the tail end, or the rendezvous point, everyone can merge into one thread for closings or to leave as a full group to the next safe zone.

This.