[SHOP-F1] Gurando Foji (The Grand Forge) {Rank 9 Smith}

January 27-

*Ding*

Hearing the ringing of the bell, I realized I had a customer. Is business actually picking up? I like it! Chuckling to myself, I headed towards the front. Looking at the figure standing by the counter, I realized it was our newest member to the guild, Kino. "Well hey there! Welcome to my humble abode that just happens to double as my workshop, Gurando Foji! What can I do for you today?"

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Frank stands behind Kino as he glances at the armor behind the owner. Kino looks at the lists of items nearby, and after 3 minutes of observations, he finally asks Oikawa about his desired armor. 

"...is the Lunar Maw a part of a light armor? is it a pauldron or gauntlet of some sort?" His red eyes looking up towards the owner as he is curious about the name of that particular armor.

"The Lunar Maw I is a Light Armor chest-plate. As with most of my armor. I haven't really attempted to make anything else yet aside from a couple helms. Oh and the name is usually spur of the moment. I don't know what made me think to call it Lunar Maw but I like it. Actually my latest version of it, the Lunar Maw II, is what I currently have equipped. Does the good armor interest you?" Gazing at the red eyed boy, I couldn't help but feel a little off put. This kid is peculiar, there's something different about him. Shaking the thought from my head, I cleaned off the counter as I waited for his reply.

The armor looks surprisingly light due to its materials. However, he shakes his head kindly as a sign of no interest with the Luna Maw. He takes out 350 Col and 1 Material, wishing to purchase two light armors straight ahead. He requests for them in a quiet, but audible voice.

"...I would have Cuirass Of The Unscathed and the Helm Of Regularity..."

"...a good start...," says Frank in his raspy voice, glaring at Kino as the eyes of his skeletal bunny face glows red in color. 

" Ah the Helm of Regularity, one of my first pieces ever created. And the Cuirass of the Unscathed I, the first of many great armors I have forged. Great choices. Before you purchase however, I must make sure you understand these armors have 0 special traits. Are you okay with that? Actually, if you want, you can substitute one of the good armors you chose and replace it with an rare armor. Consider it a guild discount." Beaming, I took out the armors he asked for just in case he declined my offer.

As he listens to Oikawa's offer, he immediately understands that the price for the rare armor would be the same as the good armor for him. Smiling at the discount given to him, he points towards the second version of the cuirass since it offers the user better protection. He doesn't mind if the armor has no evasion effect, he is a berserker who would just kill the enemy with his strength. He hands out his 1 Material and 350 Col to Oikawa. Frank thinks that the pricing is fair, and somehow easier too, if one manages to farm some materials and Col. 

== Purchased Cuirass of The Unscathed II for 350 Col ==

== Purchased Helm Of Regularity for 1 Material ==

Picking up the upgraded Cuirass that Kino-san pointed, I added it with the Helm of Regularity and relinquished ownership of the two items to the boy. "Good choices mate! I can't have our sprouting guild members walking around with only good armor. You're the future of our guild and SAO. As such you need great armor!" Collecting the material and the Col I documented the transaction and updated my for sell list. "Need anything else?"

Sold Good Armor to Kino117 for 1 Mat.

Sold Rare Armor to Kino117 for 350 Col (Guild Discount).

Side Note: [Oikawa-The Faint received 4 Mats from <<Search of the Hoya>>]

He thinks about the functions of its Damage Mitigation, and speaks gain in his quiet voice as he keeps the newly purchased armor into his inventory.

"...how does Damage Mitigation works? Does it reduce the damage taken from the enemy?" 

Frank stands in front of the entrance, waiting for his reality friend to exit the forge. 

Barely speaking above a whisper, the boy asked about how damage mitigation worked. I replied, "Yes it reduces the damage you receive, However, you can never take 0 damage from a successful hit. So if the person or creature your fighting lands a successful hit (rolls a natural 6 or higher) then the minimal amount of damage you can receive is 1. No matter how much defense or mitigation you have." 

"...I understand...," said Kino as he exits the inventory menu. He bows as a sign of thanks and waves farewell as he leaves the forge. Frank stands beside him as he gives an emotionless congratulation for buying new equipment so Kino could improve himself. He doesn't respond as he makes his way towards the Catfish Forge for a new weapon before heading back to the inn. He took a swig of water as he examines his new armor. 

I waved to the young man as he exited the forge. He's awfully quiet isn't he? Hmm wonder if he'll prove to be a formidable ally in the future... Time will tell I guess...

Returning to the back room, I turned the heat up of the furnace. "Goals for the day include making my Trifec de Helm or 3 Perfect helmets. All helmets will have +2 in either Paralysis, Bleed, or Thorn while having +1 in Accuracy. Who am I even talking to? Myself? and I'm still doing it.." shutting up, I retrieved 5 mats from my storage and laid them out for use.

Placing the first mat in and set to work on the first helm.

Attempt 23

ID #: 7685 Craft Die: 10

Crafting the helm was the easy part, making it perfect proved to be harder. Setting it to the side, I wasted no time in going for my second attempt.

Item-Type: Light Armor

Name: Helm of Bledrinkar I
Quality: Uncommon
Description: A dark closed helmet crafted with blood-lust. The overall helmet is black and finished with a dark red trim. The visor is blackened red color, with a slight tinge of grey. Traits: +1 Bleed.
Wanted price: Refer to guide

Attempt 24

ID #: 7687 Craft Die: 10

"Ugh its gonna be one of those days huh. Guess this one will be enchanted with paralysis." Adding it to the pile, I cranked out my 3rd attempt of the day.

Name: Helm of Litekaster I
Description: A bright closed helmet crafted with the ability to incapacitate. The overall helmet is white and finished with a golden yellow trim. The visor is brightened yellow color, with a slight tinge of grey. Traits: +1 Paralysis.

Attempt 25

ID #: 7688 Craft Die: 3

"Yep it is gonna be one of those days", muttering to myself I scraped the failed mess off the table and into a waste bin. "Well 2 Uncommons and an atrocity. Lets make these next two count." Setting the second to last mat up, I attempted to forge at least 1 perfect helm.

Attempt 26

ID #: 7689 Craft Die: 11

"Arrghh so close yet so far! I got it to a rare quality. This will be my Bledrinkar upgrade." Enchanting it, I added it to my pile and grabbed my last mat. Putting it in the furnace, i realized this was my last chance for the day. "Here goes nothing" 

Name: Helm of Bledrinkar II

Quality: Rare
Description: A dark closed helmet crafted with blood-lust. The overall helmet is black and finished with a dark red trim. The visor is blackened red color, with a slight tinge of grey. Traits: +1 Bleed and +1 Accuracy.

Attempt 27

ID #: 7692 Craft Die: 4 

"I give uuuuupppppp!! " I exclaimed. A little pissed, I shut down the furnace and cleaned up the back room. "Well not a total loss today, but not a real success either." I documented my trials and closed up shop. "Maybe better luck tomorrow"

Results

Succeeded Attempt 23 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Uncommon Light Armor, and Gained 3 XP)

Succeeded Attempt 24 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Uncommon Light Armor, and Gained 3 XP)

Failed Attempt 25 (Lost 1 Material and Gained 1 XP)

Succeeded Attempt 26 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Rare Light Armor, and Gained 5 XP)

Failed Attempt 27 (Lost 1 Material and Gained 1 XP)

January 28-

"Yuuuuuhhhhhhhaaaaaa"

Yawning, I decided to finally get up. Equipping my armors and such, I went down stairs to start my crafts for the day. The day before, my guild leader, Azide had asked me to make him a perfect rapier with the +3 damage trait. Makiing that my top priority for the day. I set to work immediately.

Attempt 28

ID #: 7797 Craft Die: 8 

"Having made rapiers countless times, you think I'd be a pro by now" I muttered as I added the Good Rapier to my for sell pile. "Onto the next one!"

Item-Type: One-Handed Rapier

Name: Lancaster
Quality: Good
Description: A basic rapier. More durable than any starter rapier. It has a silver blade and the spiral handle is blackened with grey tips.

Attempt 29

ID #: 7798 Craft Die: 2

"Oh no I must've rushed it!" I exclaimed as the middle of the blade molted into ash. Using what i know about mats I attempted to salvage it.

7+ CD = Salvaged

ID#: 7799 Craft Die: 6

"Apparently I don't know much" mumbling I dumped the material in my waste bin and grabbed another mat. "3rd times the charm no?"

Attempt 30

ID#: 7800 Craft Die: 6

"Today is just not my day either". I added the rapier to my for sell pile and kept on going.

Name: Brisingr
Quality: Good
Description: A basic rapier. More durable than any starter rapier. It has a green blade and the cup handle is a dim grey.

Attempt 31

ID#: 7802 Craft Die: 10

"Well at least its better than a Good rapier", I added it to my evaluation pile and grabbed my final mat of the day.

Name: Yamazii
Description: A professional rapier. More durable than any starter and Good rapier. It has a red blade and the spiral handle is a is a goldish color with black tips. Traits: +1 Damage

Attempt 32

"This is my last chance today. Lets make it count!"

ID#:7803 Craft Die: 2

"I literally did the exact opposite." Thoroughly pissed , I didn't even attempt to salvage the material. Dumping the material in the bin, I documented my results and went upstairs. "Today was a lousy day for crafting.

Results

Succeeded Attempt 28 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Good One-Handed Rapier, and Gained 2 XP)

Failed Attempt 29 (Lost 1 Material and Gained 1 XP)

Succeeded Attempt 30 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Good One-Handed Rapier, and Gained 2 XP)

Succeeded Attempt 31 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Uncommon One-Handed Rapier, and Gained 3 XP)

Failed Attempt 32 (Lost 1 Material and Gained 1 XP)

Kino comes to the shop late at night after his long adventure in the forest. Now he had obtained so much Col, he decides to purchase some more items in the shop. He looks around to see that the forge is a little different lately. There is an air conditioner at the main room and more new items are at the display. He sits down at a chair as Frank appears, looking at him.

"...are you ok...?" he asks softly.

Kino answers with a nod, remembering his fight with the Tarkus Knight. He was barely hit by his last attack, if he didn't go berserk immediately he would be dead by now. He looks up as Frank sits down at another chair, anticipating for Oikawa.

Azide let himself into Guarando Foji, unannounced, as was customary to him. He found himself pleasantly surprised to see Kino, another member of the guild sitting down at one of the chairs up front. Kino seemed to be looking at something, although what that was wasn't immediately clear. "Kino!" He waved from the doorway, then made his way over after looking around the shop, seeing no sign of Oikawa at the moment. "Well in a more literal sense, I did happen to see a sign at the front of the store, but wordplay won't be bringing him here any sooner." He looked at Kino and gestured to the chair beside him. "Mind if I take the seat next to you? I messaged Oikawa the other day because I was running some errands, but I felt bad about not coming here in person- so here I am." He paused, and upon remembering that players usually came here in search of equipment, couldn't help but be a little curious about what the other boy was up to. "You looking for a new sword or something?"

Kino turns his attention to Azide and is a little surprised. Frank glares at the same person and speaks again.

"....isn't that your guild member...?" 

He nods, both to his and Azide's answer since Frank stands up and sits somewhere else. The silent player speaks in his quiet voice.

"...i am looking to see if there is anything else i may need..."

Azide laughed, then sat down next to his fellow guild mate. "Sure is a quiet one, that Kino." He turned to face him, though his expression and posture meant to project a sense of equal standing, rather allude to any sort of difference in rank. They did happen to be, first and foremost, friends, after all. "It's good to be prepared for all sorts of situations. You can never be too over-prepared here in Aincrad," he noted. He began tapping his fingers lightly against his forearm, prepared to wait for the blacksmith's return.

As Kino waits for Oikawa's return, Frank sits down after taking a book about forging weapons and armor, reading up about the process of metal being shaped, heated and hammered into variety of weapons and armor. He also found a section about Japanese weapons such as katanas and wakizashis, the former being the strongest and sharpest Japanese weapon in the game, similar to reality. 

He remembers how he time traveled to feudal Japan and secretly witnessed the battle of Musashi Miyamoto in a castle. Musashi was once the greatest swordsman in Japan to date, which impressed the bunny.

Panting, Oikawa rounded the corner and set off full speed. With his shop in view, he kicked it up a notch further. Bursting through the doors he looked around and noticed he had a few customers. But not just any customers, his guild leader, Azide, and his guild mate, Kino.

"Well... hey.. there guys" he said in between gulps of air. "What can...I do you for?" Catching his breath he went behind the counter and checked to make sure everything was still in order. It's not like he didn't trust his guild brothers, but he still wanted to make sure nonetheless.

Kino stands up as soon as the owner comes back, seeing that he is in some kind of exhaustion from doing his errands. He puts his hand onto the counter and asks, again in a quiet voice.

"...may i own the Helmet of Bledrinkar....?"

He took out the right amount of Col, readying to pay for his desired helmet.

Azide and Kino sat in wait for a few minutes more, with the latter seeming somewhat on the quiet side. "I'm sure the guy's probably just getting himself adjusted. He'll come around eventually." Eventually, Oikawa came bursting through the front door, breathless and gasping for air. For a moment, he wondered if Oikawa was having an asthma attack of some sort, and thought the player to be searching for an inhaler (or something of the sort) behind the counter. He quickly dismissed these thoughts, however, and chuckled upon realizing what the blacksmith was up to. "Don't worry Oikawa, I made sure to only grab a few hundred col or so," remarked Azide with an impish grin. He stood up and walked over to his fellow guild mate. "You in a rush or something? I was just telling Kino here that I wanted to stop by the shop in person! I don't believe I've ever actually been here before, and I wanted to pay some respect by gracing you with my presence."