[SHOP-F1] Gurando Foji (The Grand Forge) {Rank 9 Smith}

February 20-

Oikawa came down stairs as he had just woken up. As usual he had left the door unlocked, a nasty habit, and an order form had been placed on his counter. Looking it over, He brought up his PM system and sent a message to Sozen.

To: Sozen

Subject: Order Form

Hey Sozen, come by the shop we can negotiate some of the items here. Plus I'm feeling generous today so there is a surprise involved. Get down here ASAP.

-Oikawa

He had just sent the message when a new face walked into the door. The young man walked up to the counter and held out his hand as he introduced himself. Clasping his hand, Oikawa spoke. "Nice to meet you Sayre." Oikawa heard the man's request and pondered it. He reckoned he could have this done in as little as one day and hopefully no more than three. Nodding his head he replied to the man. "I'll take on your request. It should take no longer than 3 days lad. I'll make it top priority." 

Taking the materials, Oikawa set the requests down in the back and returned to the counter. He then received a 100 Col tip as the blond turned to leave. "Thank you for the tip. I'll have your request completed as soon as possible." With that he turned around headed to the backroom.

Time to forge greatness...

[Oikawa-The Faint received 18 mats from various quests][ Oikawa- The Faint received 10 Mats from Sayre][Oikawa- The Faint received 100 Col from Sayre ]

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Soon enough Sozen was staggering back into the Gurando Foji, a dour look on his face. Dropping his hammer and pack at the door with two loud *thuds*, he briskly walked over to the counter and tapped his order form.

"Thanks for getting back to me so soon. You want to negotiate the price? After the beating I just took gathering Mats, I'll pay whatever you ask." Sozen cast a longing look at the Lunar Shield, its pristine condition a stark contrast to his many, many bruises.

Sozen paused, realizing that he was alone in the front of the store. "Hello? Oikawa, are you there?"

Sozen casually walked into the shop. He then approached the counter and spoke. Hearing his words, Oikawa replied. "No problem mate! Was the shield the only thing you were interested in? I notice you use a hammer as well. How about this. You pay me 3 mats and  and I give you the hammer over there and the shield can be for free? That work for you?" He then pulled both items off the wall and polished them up as he awaited Sozen's decision.

"... by the Prophet, really?" Sozen grinned wildly before he controlled his emotions and adopted a neutral look. "Ahem. I mean, thank you for the offer, but I fear I must refuse. What I will do, however, is pay you 4 Mats and 200 Col for the pair, and you can be sure I'll be back to upgrade my equipment in the future."

*Sozen offers 4 Mats and 200 Col in trade*

"Just make it 4 Mats and we will have a deal." Taking the 4 mats he handed over the two items and swiped the air a few times as he gave ownership over to Sozen. "Your business is always welcome here Sozen and as a fellow guild mate you are now instantly allowed 15% off all future purchases."

- Volthenir I

- Lunar Eclipse I 

+ 4 Materials

February 21- Attempt 43 (1st Craft of the Day)

Oikawa walked downstairs and unlocked the doors to the shop. Turning the lights on, he checked to make sure everything was in order before deciding to work on his pending order and personal items. Once satisfied, he walked to the back and heated up the furnace. I have 1 order to complete. A perfect One-Handed Short Sword and a perfect Light Armor Breastplate. Lets get this order complete! He placed the mat into the fire and let it heat up. Once warmed to smithing temperature, he removed the heated material and placed it on the table. Taking his hammer he tapped away at the material until it took form in the shape of a Straight Short Sword.

"Yes just as I intended."  Molding the finishing touches, he entered the data for the weapon and set it in his approval bin.

ID #: 10563 Craft Die: 12

Item-Type: One-Handed Short Sword

Name: Sacriel
Quality: Perfect
Description: A blood red blade with a very elegant and pointed hilt. Traits: +3 Damage.
Wanted price: Not For Sale (Commission)

+8 EXP

February 21- Attempt 44 (2nd Craft of the Day)

Having finished part 1 of his order, Oikawa set to work on the second part. He needed to create a breastplate. He had done this several times so hopefully the experience would serve him well in his creation. Heating up the second material, he placed it on his table and hammered away. The metal glowed a deep read before turning into pixelated ash as the attempt went horribly awry. Oikawa scooped the pile of ash into his waste bin and grabbed a third mat.

ID #: 10570 Craft Die: 1

+1 EXP

February 21- Attempt 45 (3rd Craft of the Day)

"Well that was tragic to say the least." Oikawa stated as heated up his third mat of the day. I still have a few mor tries for today. Let's yield some results. Taking the material out of the furnace, he began to hammer the glowing material. He had only tapped the material three times before it began to shape into a breastplate. Tinkering with details, he polished off the finish product, entered its credentials and added it to his approval bin. 

"Woohoo, finished the order in record time!" Now that I still have a few craft attempts I suppose I shall make some other things.

ID #: 10572 Craft Die: 12

Item-Type: Light Armor Breastplate

Name: Holy Breastplate
Quality: Perfect
Description: The breastplate will be a very bright silver, with a red crest of a skull on the front of it. It will also be trimmed at the shoulders with the same elegant red color, as well. Traits: +3 Damage Mitigation.
Wanted price: Not For Sale (Commission)

+8 EXP

February 21- Attempt 46 (4th Craft of the Day)

Excited after having crafted two perfect items in one day, Oikawa was eager to craft more. Grabbing his fourth material, he warmed it and placed it on to the counter. Grabbing his crafting hammer, he tapped away at the material until it glowed. Once it did, the material suddenly darkened and turned into ash. Looking and sifting through the mess he deemed the material unable to be salvaged.

ID #: 10573 Craft Die: 3

+1 EXP

February 21- Attempt 47 (5th Craft of the Day)

Oikawa's bad luck continued. His fifth craft ended up much like his fourth craft. Damaged beyond repair, thus unsalvageable. Counting his losses, Oikawa cleaned up the area and cleaned out the furnace before cutting everything off. Once things were neatly placed in their spots and everything was off, Oikawa left the shop.

ID #: 10574 Craft Die: 4

Salvage: ID #10575 Craft Die: 4

+1 EXP

Crozeph opened the door only to see a typical forge and the only difference is his guildmate Oikawa is the one running the shop. Crozeph walked to the counter and tried looking for a bell and found none so he just knocked on the counter "hey Oikawa, it's me Crozeph" he said "I'd like a custom made weapon" he added. Crozeph then began writing down the details on a piece of paper he found somewhere

Item Name: Bleeding Dove

Item Type: katana

Description: an all white 3 foot katana with a blood-red sharp edge.  Its long form enables a good reach for any player who wields it and leaves a trail of red light when used

Enhancements: +3 damage

Price: 800 col +1 mat

Although he was pretty busy the past few days, the traveler made time to go and pick up the stuff that he paid so much to get, to gear him up for battle better. Sayre strolled back through these familiar doors again, albeit a little late on arrival. The shop was surprisingly empty this time, and this time he was there in eager anticipation of picking up his stuff as he just received a message they were available for pickup. He headed into the store, rang the bell at the front, and began looking around at all the wares in the store. There was an incredible amount of cool stuff for sale, and Sayre would be sure to bring his business back here again assuming his stuff is in the condition promised. He was pretty excited, as this was going to gear him up real good for battle. Something about this smith gave him good vibes as well, especially on how quick he delivered on (what Sayre thought) to be a difficult order. Hesitantly, he raised his voice and hollered a, "Hello?" as he peered around the door down the hall.

Oikawa heard the familiar ding of an arriving customer. After freshening up he descended down stairs, and headed for the counter. The player on the other side was none other than Sayre. "Well hey there man! Here to pick up your armor and weapon right?" Not really giving him a chance to answer, Oikawa pulled two items from under his counter. He polished both and made sure they were correct down to the last detail.

Beaming triumphantly, he set the two items on the counter, brought up the menu and relinquished ownership of them to Sayre. "Thank you so much for your business I look forward to seeing you again."

- Sacriel

- Holy Breastplate

Shortly after dealing with Sayre, Oikawa realized Crozeph had been standing at the counter the whole time. "Holy Aincrad Crow! You trying to give me a heart attack?" Walking over to the dark figure, Oikawa noticed that he had scrawled out an order. "Ah you have an order?" Reading the name aloud, he set the paper in the back. "Bleeding Dove. Sounds fitting. I'll hop on that right away. Need anything else?"

February 24- Attempt 48 (1st Craft of the Day)

Oikawa pulled out 6 materials for the day. He wanted to get a head start on Crozeph's order, and make a back up weapon just in case his voucher was denied. Opening his material bin, he grabbed out the need items and his hammer. Setting the first mat in the flames, he cleared his work space and waited. Once the material was hot enough, he placed it on the counter and tapped at it. After 3 taps, the material begin to glow and transformed into a decent dagger with no additional stats.

ID #: 10945 Craft Die: 5

Succeed

-1 Material

+2 EXP

Item-Type: One-Handed Dagger

Name: Liberaal
Quality: Good
Description: An basic dagger infused with enhanced metals to give off a nice shine, Has no traits however.
Wanted price: Refer to Guide

February 24- Attempt 49 (2nd Craft of the Day)

Repeating the same process as before, Oikawa heated up the material and waited for it to become a glowing orange before striking it. This unfortunately ended in the same results. He had created another "Good" item. On the flip side this item was a step towards his initial goal. Creating Crozeph's katana. The item he forged was just a basic katana nothing special.

ID #: 10946 Craft Die: 6

Succeed

-1 Material

+2 EXP

Item-Type: Two-Handed Curved Sword

Name: Crescent Arc
Quality: Good
Description: An basic katana made with reinforced steel. The hilt is made from onyx while the blade is made from blue obsidian. Has no traits however.
Wanted price: Refer to Guide

February 24- Attempt 50 (3rd Craft of the Day)

Oikawa placed the third material into the furnace. He absentmindedly forgot to pull it out of the fire as he was lost in thought. I wonder if Crow will like my katana. It's not my specialty however, I will try my very best. The slenderness of katana is pretty cool though.OH CRAP the material! Snapping his thought train he pulled the ore from the furnace and looked at the darkened material. "That's definitely unsalvageable."

ID #: 10947 Craft Die: 3

Failed: Salvageable

-1 Material

+1 EXP

Salvage Roll

ID #: 10948 Loot Die: 7

Fail

February 24- Attempt 51 (4th Craft of the Day)

Oikawa hammered out his fourth item of the day. So far things had been going horrid for him. Nothing but good items or failed attempts. This attempt was no different. Not only had he completely destroyed the material. He ruined it tot he point of no return. The ore was an unsalvageable mass of metal and his attempts for the day were dwindling. "This is going absolutely terrible so far." *deep sigh*

ID #: 10949 Craft Die: 3

Failed: Salvageable

-1 Material

+1 EXP

Salvage Roll

ID #: 10950 Loot Die: 5

Fail

February 25- Attempt 52 (1st Craft of the Day)

"Another day another weapon." Oikawa spoke as he and King entered the Grand Forge. "This'll be your first time watching me forge huh King?" The leopard simply nodded and leaped on top of the crafting table before lazily laying his head down. "Don't move from there then. I don't want you to get burned or injured." Taking out his first of six materials, Oikawa heated up the forge and placed the mat in the furnace. Once warmed, he placed it on the counter and hammered away.

And hammered away he did. Right through the material. Scraping the failure into the waste bin he grabbed mat number 2.

ID #: 11082 Craft Die: 1

Epic Fail

-1 Material

+1 EXP

February 25- Attempt 53 (2nd Craft of the Day)

Much like the first material, he heated it up. Once it was ready for smithing, Oikawa placed the material on the crafting table and begin to hammer away at it. The material flashed thrice before turning into standard straight sword. "Hmm. I should really focus better. My crafting is becoming random as of late." Placing the new item in his evaluation bin, Oikawa started on his third craft.

ID #: 11194 Craft Die: 8

Succeed

-1 Material

+3 EXP

Item Type: One-Handed Straight Sword

Item Name: Paralmus
Quality: Uncommon
Description: A typical straight sword in design and strength. The blade has a tendency to paralyze its opponents on contact. Traits: +1 Paralysis.