[SHOP-F1] Gurando Foji (The Grand Forge) {Rank 9 Smith}

Addressing Kino, Oikawa replied with a grin, "Why of course you can mate, though can you speak up a bit ? Its a little hard to hear you sometimes haha!" Grabbing the Helm of Bledrinkar, Oikawa remembered an important detail. "Ah, I would sell it to you right now, but I can't because it hasn't been approved yet by the evaluation council. I will send them a PM after I craft some items for the day. Sorry about that. If anything else interests you my For Sell list is updated for the most part!"

Letting Kino decide what he wanted to do, Oikawa turned to face Azide. "Not in a rush at all. In fact I just got back from running a few errands. And only a few hundred? Haha, that would be all I kept in here." Flashing a grin of his own, Oikawa commented, "So, to what do I owe this blessing from Aincrad's finest Guild Leader?"

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Looks like I'm not the only who who's noticed his quietness," thought Azide, glancing quickly at Kino from the corner of his eye. He waved goodbye as the player left the store with nary but a silent nod. Azide turned his attention back to Oikawa, who was clearly pulling his leg, albeit not in the literal sense. "I thought I'd stop by to pay my respects for Aincrad's finest blacksmith." He laughed, and switched to his more usual tone. "Actually, I came by because I thought it'd be somewhat unconventional to leave an order entirely through private messages. Excuse the redundancy here, but it's a bit more personal in person." Azide carefully removed Atom Slicer from its sheath, and laid it down on the counter top. "I've been a little hesitant to move on to a new weapon, so I'd like you to model the new sword after this one, if possible." He pulled up the private messages menu and sent off details he'd prepared in advance.

To: Oikawa

Subject: Request Details

Item: Quantum Slicer

Type: One-Handed Rapier

Quality: Perfect

Attributes: +3 Damage

Description: A rapier with an edge said to be sharp even on a sub-atomic level, making slashing a viable option.

"I'll PM you when it's approved mate!" Oikawa yelled as the boy walked out the door. Turning his attention back to Azide. He chuckled at his friends comment. "Alright alright were the finest people in the land." Still laughing a bit, Oikawa regained his composure. "Hmm so you're looking to upgrade eh? I can do that for you!" Skimming the details and scanning the Atom Slicer, Oikawa made mental notes about the length of the blade, estimated weight, and overall design. "If I'm lucky I'll have it done by later tonight otherwise, I'll pm you when its finished." The Quantum Slicer is actually as bad*ss name haha. Lets see if I can make it look and feel as bad*ss as it sounds. Saving the details in his notebook, Oikawa swiped away the message. "Well aside from that does Azide need anything else? Stifling a laugh at his corny wordplay, gestured towards the wares of his shop.

Azide nodded happily, then restored Atom Slicer to its sheath. "I hate to let her go, but I've been wanting something that would make grinding a bit less tedious," he explained. "Trust me, the longer we spend time as guild mates, the more obvious of a problem my attention span will become." He nearly missed the bit of wordplay Oikawa had made, which would've flown straight over his head had the player not laughed after wards. As a man who appreciated the occasional pun, he laughed along, then glanced around the shop before shaking his head politely. "Just the sword should be more than enough for now. I'm more of a leather man myself," he remarked, noting all the metal that surrounded them, then made some off-handed comment about visiting a place called The Lion's Den. He thanked the blacksmith and took a mental image of the Gurando Foji's location in his head as he made his way out, hoping to avoid a repeat of the trouble he'd gone through earier just to find it.

"Ahh I know the feeling. I still haven't gotten rid of my original rapier, Eluciador. The Fast Stinger was a gift from a player that was here around Christmas time. He was decked in a Santa outfit though so no one knew who he was" Smirking he continued. "It can't be much worse than X's haha. That guy switches between interest and disinterest faster than he gulps water." The Lion's Den eh? Ariel's shop if I recall correctly. I need to giver her my order still. Adding to his list of mental notes, Oikawa waved as Azide made his way out the door. 

"Guess I'll get to crafting" With that he returned to the back and set to work on his new challenge.

January 29-

Heating up the forge for the first time today, Oikawa was in a slump. This week hadn't been going his way in the least. but Today he was determined to make something of it. Grabbing 5 mats, he set the first in the heat.

Letting smelt a little, he removed it from the fire and begin to hammer out a rapier.

Attempt 33

ID #: 7934 Craft Die: 11

Lightly tapping here and there, he molded a rapier of Rare quality. "Not quite perfection, but it's a start" Adding the weapon to his now empty eval pile, Oikawa grabbed another mat from his pile. Setting the heat a tad lower he began molding yet again.

Item-Type: One-Handed Rapier

Name: Digitizer
Quality: Rare
Description: A black, one-handed rapier that was created as light as a feather. Superb for combat,  it has the capability to increase the chances of dealing damage. Traits: +2 Accuracy.
Wanted price: Refer to Guide

Attempt 34

ID #: 7937 Craft Die: 6

With the heat turned to low, the material didn't heat long enough for the material to expand. Taking advantage of this, Oikawa turned the material into a ring rather than a rapier. "It'll make a good vanity item." Chucking the ring into his now useful jewelry box, he pulled out his third material. Hmm turn the heat back up and take it slow. Taking a deep breath he heated the material and set to work on yet another rapier.

Item-Type: Ring

Name: Emerald Ring
Quality: Good
Description: A silver band engraved with the word Emeraldus. A small sized emerald stone takes center of the ring.

Attempt 35

ID #: 7938 Craft Die: 12

Smoothing the blade out, he attached it to its accompanying hilt. Polishing off the weapon, Oikawa beamed as he had finally crafted the Quantum Slicer. Carefully placing it in a case, he added it to the Eval pile. "Oh boy that was awesome. Next on the list is Jubei-san's  weapon. Grabbing a fourth mat, Oikawa began molding the metal as it heated up and took form.

Name: Quantum Slicer
Quality: Perfect
Description: A rapier with an edge said to be sharp even on a sub-atomic level, making slashing a viable option. Traits: +3 Damage.

Wanted Price: Not For Sale (reserved)

Attempt 36

ID #: 7939 Craft Die: 1

Distracted by his recent success, Oikawa had burned a whole through the middle of the blade and charred the rest of the material. Dumping the mess into his waste been, he refocused and grabbed his last mat. Making sure to carefully place the material in the heat, he bent and shaped the material as it expanded and took form.

Attempt 37

ID #: 7939 Craft Die: 7

The material had expanded thats for sure. However instead of a rapier it expanded to the size of a shield. Rounding off the edges, the shield took the shape of a moon. Oikawa noticed this and decided to embed the lunar cycle into the design of the shield. "Another cool vanity item." Documenting his results as usual, he cleaned up the forge. He even actually cleaned out the furnace and dumped his waste bin. "Maybe tomorrow I'll make that sword." With that he locked up for the night and went upstairs.

Item-Type: Heavy Armor Shield

Name: Lunar Eclipse I
Quality: Good
Description: A silver shield engraved with diagrams of the lunar cycle. A cosmetic upgrade to a basic shield.

Results

Succeeded Attempt 33 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Rare One-Handed Rapier, and Gained 5 XP)

Succeeded Attempt 34 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Good Ring and Gained 2 XP)

Succeeded Attempt 35 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Perfect One-Handed Rapier, and Gained 8 XP)

Epically Failed Attempt 36 (Lost 1 Material and Gained 1 XP)

Succeeded Attempt 37 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Good Heavy Armor Shield, and Gained 2 XP)

Azide entered the Gurando Foji, unannounced, of course. Such was the style in these sort of games. "But at least I'm not breaking his pots and examining all of his furnishings." Azide had received a message from Oikawa telling him that his item was ready for pickup, so he decided he'd stop by first thing in the morning. Looking around, he noticed no one was around yet, although he did notice a set of stairs leading to another floor. "Considering he tends to stay down here, he must be sleeping up there, or something to that effect." He decided to wait until the owner came down, and in the mean time, continued reading one of the alchemy books he's brought with him.

Hearing the familiar sound of the bell announcing a customer, Oikawa jolted out of bed and freshened up. He then went downstairs and was excite to see his friend and leader, Azide. "Morning Azide-san. Here to collect your weapon I presume?" Not waiting for an answer, Oikawa went to the backrooom and retrieved the sword from lockup. He brought it ti the front an set it on the counter. "There it is. A true beauty if I do say so myself" he remarked with a grin.

Azide heard the sound of footsteps as someone descended down the stairs. "Barring an unlikely break in, I think it's safe to assume that's Oikawa." Sure enough, Oikawa soon turned the corner of the staircase and made his way to the ground foor. "Top of the morning to you too, Oikawa. I'm not too familiar with the honorifics of the Japanese peoples, so you'll have to excuse me on that one," he said with a smile. He waited as the blacksmith ran to the back room and quickly returned with a sword which highly resembled the one he currently wielded. He picked it up and held it in his hands. "It feels more substantial, though. The quality of this blade should allow me to considerably more with it than Atom Slicer. Sorry Sai, but looks like this one's a keeper." He turned back to Oikawa and nodded. "It really is beautiful. You've outdone yourself once again, Oikawa. How much will it be?"

"Ah, no worries. I'm still getting the hang of the honorifics myself." Beaming from the praise Azide gave him, he responded simply. "Well since you are apart of the guild, you guys get 15% off all items in the shop. So instead of 1100 Col it will be 935 Col!" Oikawa polished up the blade. making sure the rapier was completely ready and capable for battle. Hmm it has been awhile, since I've made a rapier for someone else. The last person was my dear friend "..Sindon." Oikawa hadn't realized he said that last bit out loud. Shaking the thought from his head, he returned his gaze back to Azide. "Or you could pay in mats if you'd like?"

Azide nodded. "If you don't mind, I think I'll pay in Col- I think you can relate to the importance of keeping enough materials on hand for crafting purposes," he replied with a grin. "Speaking of which, I finally opened up an alchemy lab the other day!" he added, showing a bit more excitement than was usual for him. "Well, it's not quite open, yet. But I'll definitely let you guys know when it's ready for business." He pulled up the SAO interface and quickly navigated to his Col funds, punching in 935 and transferring it to the blacksmith. He picked up the Quantum Slicer, marveling at how light, yet sturdy it felt. "No idea on what Sindon is, but considering he didn't acknowledge it, probably just a verbal slip." He thanked his fellow guild mate and waved his goodbyes, then exited the Gurando Foji.

-935 Col

+Quantum Slicer

"Yeah materials are definitely a pain to come by haha especially when you use them all  up crafting 5 times a day." Releasing ownership of the sword to Azide, Oikawa collected the Col and added it to his bank. "What ?!?!?! Your shop has arrived? We should totally have a grand opening party mate! " Genuinely enthused, Oikawa began taking a few notes in his digital notebook. Recording the transaction and a few other tidbits he had remembered about random things. Flicking the menu away, he focused again on Azide "You definitely got to throw a party haha." Azide thanked him and waved as he left the store. "See you around Azide-san"

Sold Perfect One-Handed Rapier to Azide for 935 Col.

Ariel just entered the shop, she then spotted Oikawa at the counter and slowly approached him, looking around the place. When he arrived in front of the table she addressed him in a slightly happy tone:

"I told you I would swing by and here I am, nice place you have here. I'll take up your offer if you're not too busy. Here's what I would want." and hands him a order form she previously filled at her shop.

Name: Thorny Rose

Item Type: Rapier

Quality: Rare

Enhancements: +1 DMG +1 EVA

Shop: Grand Forge

Description:  The twin sister of the Thorny Nightmare, but this blade has a little more offensive power.

Amvx8Xd.png(credits go to Aaphi, for providing the basic sketch)

Payment:

Having just finished a transaction, Oikawa was surprised to see a familiar face. "I knew you'd be stopping by but I didn't think it'd be so soon. Excuses the mess. I've been recently pondering if I should move my shop to the outskirts of Floor 1." Cleaning up a stack of useless metal, he continued. "Any who, I see you've taken up my offer." Taking the form, he looked it over. Hmm seems reasonable enough. After I get my next shipment of mats (complete these few quests) I'll start right on it and PM you when its ready and approve for sell." Smiling at her, he set the form down in the back so he wouldn't forget it. "Anything else I can help you with?" Maybe another adventure in the future?" he asked a with a slight blushing grin.

"Nothing for now, if you need mats here's some to help you." she then opens her inventory window and takes 2 materials from there placing them onto the counter.

"Don't worry about the mes I don't mind at all. As about adventures..I think I'll pass that for now as I'm going to a boss battle soon. And I have a bad feeling I'll be the lowest level there. But still It's  chance to join the front liners and see them in action..if things go south I got a teleportation crystal that I can use."

-2 materials

January 31-

[Oikawa-The Faint received 2 mats from Ariel-The Crowned Lion] [Oikawa-The Faint received 1 mat from loot "Look Someone Had To Do It]

"Ah, that's a shame I had fun on our last adventure, but nonetheless I shall begin ASAP on your weapon. We can't have you  on the front lines without the best equipment can we?" Smirking he added the mats to his inventory. "Hopefully I won't have to use the extras. Well if that be all, I believe I have a badass blade to make. PM you when its finished and approved" Oikawa turned around and headed to the back.

Oikawa heated up the forge. His only goal today wa sto complete Ariel's rapier. Removing 5 mats from his inventory he set to work on the job. Heating up the first material, he slowly tapped away at the heated metal.

Attempt 38

ID #: 8069 Craft Die: 10

The material suddenly took shape. However it wasn't a rapier. Although it was of uncommon quality it was not what he was wanting. I have to do better. Polishing the dagger he managed to creat instead off, he added it to his Eval pile. Taking out a second mat he tried again.

Item-Type: One-Handed Dagger

Name: Feral Bite
Quality: Uncommon
Description: A slender one-handed dagger created from wolf blood-infused metalTraits: +1 Damage.

Attempt 39

ID #: 8070 Craft Die: 2

The material never had a chance. It instead expanded and began to melt.  The material proved to be unsalvageable, so Oikawa moved onto the next material.

Attempt 40

ID #: 8071 Craft Die: 11

The material begin to glow and transformed into Rare quality Rapier. "Almost there!" Maybe i can forge a perfect version. More determined then ever, he place the rapier aside and pulled out the 4th mat.

Name: Thorny Rose
Description: The thin sister of the Thorny Nightmare, but this blade has a little more offensive powerTraits: +1 Damage and +1 Evasion.
Wanted price: Not For Sell (Reserved)

Attempt 41

ID #: 8072 Craft Die: 11

Having created yet another rare weapon. This time an assault spear. Oikawa was glad and sad at the same time. It still wasn't a perfect weapon. Grabbing his last mat from stock, he tried for the final time.

Item-Type: One-Handed Assault Spear

Name: Lethal Scorn
Description: A metal beam with a black spike on one end and a near-perfect tipped metal arrowhead attached to the other. Traits: +1 Damage and +1 Paralyze.

Attempt 42

ID #: 8073 Craft Die: 9

The last attempt proved futile as he had just created an Uncommon ring.

Item-Type: Ring

Name: Ring of  Balance
Quality: Uncommon
Description: A ring made of white metal(or white gold)  that has black metal(or black diamonds) insertions on it , forming a simple yet beautiful Yin-yang pattern that protects the user from damage. Traits: +1 Damage Mitigation.
Wanted price: Not For Sell (Reserved)

Documenting his results Oikawa cleaned up and returned to the front. "Not a bad day at all."

Results

Succeeded Attempt 38 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Uncommon One-Handed Dagger, and Gained 3 XP)

Failed Attempt 39 (Lost 1 Material and Gained 1 XP)

Succeeded Attempt 40 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Rare One-Handed Rapier, and Gained 5 XP)

Succeeded Attempt 41 (Lost 1 Material , Gained 1 Rare One-Handed Assault Spear, and Gained 5 XP)

Succeeded Attempt 42 (Lost 1 Material, Gained 1 Uncommon Ring, and Gained 3 XP)

Ariel came to the shop, she was anxious and couldn't wait any more. She knew that, but decided to still come. Even if her weapon wasn't ready she could chat with Oikawa on random subjects instead. Entering the front door she let out a greeting: "Hey somebody here? Oikawa-kun I've come to see how you're doing." She then started to look at the shop's display until somebody answered. But sees a box on the counter, she slowly approached it and sees her name on top. Opens the lid and sees a beautiful weapon and a ring in it. With a smile she picks it up and leaves the shop.

+ Thorny Rose

+ Ring of Balance

• 3 weeks later...

Stepping into the forge, Sozen took a moment to look around before nodding in satisfaction. I can see why Oikawa's the blacksmith of Square One, these are some good pieces. Among the large number of weapons and armors that lined the walls and counter of the store, a metallic glint caught his eye, and Sozen wandered over. Hanging from a peg was a silver shield, with engravings of the moon's phases along the edge.

"Now that is definitely something that I could use. Let's see, it's a Good Weapon, which means it costs either 350 Col, or... 1 Mat? Now that I can afford!" Grinning, Sozen turned to the counter and looked around for the owner, but didn't see anyone. Not wanting to take anything without personally paying for it, he shrugged and filled out an order form for Oikawa to find when he returned.

Name: Lunar Eclipse I

Item Type: Heavy Shield

Quality: Good

Enhancements: None

Shop: Gurando Foji

Description: A silver shield engraved with diagrams of the lunar cycle. A cosmetic upgrade to a basic shield.

Payment: 1 Mat

"Hopefully I can get this soon, it'll really help with fighting Mobs." Checking to make sure the form was visible on the counter, Sozen turned and walked out of the store, pointedly ignoring the golden hammer hanging near the door. Don't even bother looking at that, buddy. No way I can afford it just yet.

Name: Sacriel

Item Type: Short Sword

Enhancements: +3 damage

Shop: Gurando Foji

Description: A blood red blade with a very elegant and pointed hilt.

Payment: 5 mat

Item: Holy Breastplate

Item type : Light armor

Enhancement: +3 Damage Mitigation

ShopGurando Foji

Description : The breastplate will be a very bright silver, with a red crest of a skull on the front of it. It will also be trimmed at the shoulders with the same elegant red color, as well.

Payment: 5 mat & 100 col tip

Sayre enters the store, a very unfamiliar area. On his grand quest to get stronger, he wasn't going to waste any time with weak weapons, so his road to the top meant paying a premium price. He had a scroll clutched in his hand, as he approached the counter. He immediately stuck out his hand for a handshake, he felt it was a formal way to meet someone and the best way to introduce himself. "Name's Sayre." he paused for a brief second, and then continued "I don't think I've met you before. I want to commission a very important weapon, this will be something I hope to have for a very long time, so I want it to be perfect. I'm willing to pay the premium on it, if at all possible. Let me know if you have any questions about this at all." He then backed up a little bit to give the shop owner a chance to think about what he just placed down, and was holding 5 material in his hand to help commission the sale. 

He turned around to leave, and then stopped "Oh yeah!" he pulled another scroll out of his pocket. "Almost forgot I was working on this one..." he remarked, as he turned around and slapped 5 more material onto the table, along with a scroll with a 2nd request. "I appreciate your effort here, and I recognize this may take a little while, but the quicker the better...." he then put down 100 col as a tip. 

(Let me know if anything is wrong.)