Floor 11: Taft's Spring Festival COMPLETE

~"Wait, bu-" Jevi took the bowl back from Grave, even though she planned on sharing the food with him. However, Grave had different plans. He wanted to make his own dish using the Aldram meat. She shook her head with a smile, ~"If you insist, Mr. Chef."  She continued to walk down the streets lined with tents and people, still munching down on the food she held in her hands. They began to pass by a couple of stands with various games, and Jevi looked over at Grave. ~"I heard you say before you like the sideshow games, so why don't you go give one a shot." she said with a smile after swallowing a mouth full of food. ~"Maybe after that we can see what everyone is gathering for at the other end of town."

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Alrighty... let us see if we can find... aha! The old ball and cans!" I shouted, rubbing my palms together out the front of the game tent. "Ohoh! A new challenger, I see! Step right up, young man!" The tent owner invited me to come forward and I did so with a grin. "Right, how much is it?" I asked him, and in return he scoffed and waved. "First try is always free. 50 Col per try after that." He told me, and I smiled; 50 Col was fine with me. I reached down and grasped the ball, throwing it up and catching it a few times, before taking a low stance like in combat. "Time to watch a badass at work, Sweetheart." I said arrogantly to the girl behind me... but it is not arrogance if you can back it up. The tower of cans seemed pretty rigid; seemed like I was not knocking them down with a normal throw. I chucked the ball up into the air and drew my fist back, left hand fingers acting almost like sights. I took a deep breath as the ball passed in front of me and-

WHAM!

KRASH!

The tower exploded outwards and spilled onto the floor of the tent, and I grinned as I stood; the cans stood no chance against my Rank Four Martial Arts. "Oh, my! We have a winner! Take your pick! We have many prizes! We have-" He began to ramble on, while my eyes were drawn to a group of four Kitsune masks... specifically one of the two with a blue half. "I will take the blue and white fox mask." I ordered, not sure if I cut the man off or not. "Of course!" He responded heartily, reaching up and grasping the mask with a blue left half, bringing it over to me. With a smile I gratefully took it and slipped it onto my face, the head strap going over my mess of silver hair, and I spun to face Jevi. "So... how do I look?" I asked her.

ID: 51716 LD: 20 = Duality Kitsune Mask (Vanity Item)

(Kitsune Masks - Left-most Mask)

Edited by Grave

It did not take long for the silver haired man to take a pick of which game he wanted to play. He chose a pretty simple one, knocking down cans by throwing a ball at them. Jevi watched the man step up to the game like an excited child with a fiery passion to win in his eyes. Jevi stood a couple of feet behind Grave, finishing off the rest of her stew. As she took the last bite into her mouth, the bowl and chopsticks in her hand disappeared in a white light, quick and easy clean up. Using her thumb to gather sauce that had splashed onto the corner of her lips and transfer it onto her tongue, she watched Grave go to work and prepare to win the game. She found that most of these games had a twist to them, which usually meant the player would be dishing out dollar after dollar to- And just like that, interrupting her thought, Grave had demolished the cans with one try. He had used a nice boost from his Martial Arts skill. Jevi smirked as the man collected his prize, a blue and white fox mask. He then turned around, asking Jevi how it looked. ~"Hm.. definitely an improvement." she said with a sly smirk, placing her hand on her chin. It was with that comment that she heard a loud whistling, followed by an explosion. Looking up into the air, she saw the cause of the noise; fireworks.

With a smile, she turned to Grave, ~"Well, I'm guessing the fireworks mark the festival ending.. So lets go find a good seat and watch." She held out her hand for the man to take.

As parts of the festival begin to wind down, the entertainers stopping their shows and heading towards the main event. People took various seats around the grounds, outside of the town on the grass, on benches inside of the walls, even some managed to get on top of the roofs of shops to see. The old man carrying the cart of rockets has made his way into the mountains around Taft, and his show was about to begin. One by one, he shot off firecrackers of various colors into the air, coating the festival in every color of the rainbow as they exploded in the air. The musicians in the town played their songs to go along with the show the man put together in the sky. 

(( PRIZES MAY NO LONGER BE EARNED WITH THE FESTIVAL CLOSING. THIS MARKS THE 24 HOUR MARK BEFORE THE THREAD IS CLOSED TOMORROW. PRIVATE THREADS MADE FOR THE FESTIVAL MAY STILL RUN))

tumblr_nqyvysqSnM1snu3wyo1_500.gif

A lingering feeling took over the blonde as she felt Hikoru escape from her embrace. Luckily he didn't completely let go and she could still feel his warmth as they were still holding hands. She looked at him as the boy seemed to be at a lost of words, she returned a warm smile as she listened to his words. A wedding? yes, that was the proper follow up after being proposed to. She mirrored his eyes in her silver iris and nodded: "I want that too, a big wedding, me in a wedding dress, you in a tux... all our friends attending." she began fantasizing about it already with her eyes closed while bringing her hands to her burning cheeks like a a maiden in one of those cheesy romance animes. She opened her eyes to a warm touch on her lips. It was Hikoru who apparently decided to give her another kiss while holding her hand. She returned it this time, prolonging it for as much as needed until she was satisfied.

Meanwhile behind her, the main attraction of the festival started. the noises and lights from the fireworks display combining into a outstanding spectacle. But the blonde didn't even flinch at it and decided to ignore what was going on behind her. She was too busy with Hikoru to react to such trivial things. She was beginning to wonder if this whole thing was a dream, SAO... her friends, all her adventures 'til now and of course this very moment. If it were true, she'd swear to herself she'd kill whoever would wake her up from this dream. Hikoru's presence in her life, made this game a bit more bearable. Thoughts like those crossed her mind as she prolonged the kiss. 'This isn't a dream right?'

(Got permission from Hikoru to bunnyhop, visual help for the moment 3:40 -4:20 below)

Spoiler

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

With glass in hand, Lawfer looked up into the brightly lit sky. The dancing flowers of fire that illuminated everything, caused the blue eyed man to smile. It had been some time since he had seen fireworks. It reminded him of the 4th of July back with his friends in the real world. Taking a large drink from his frothy alcoholic beverage he looked over to a tree that seemed to have a large enough branch for him to relax in and enjoy the fireworks with a better view. As he walked over to the tree, he finished off his beer, and tossed aside the glass as it began dissolving into pixels. Staggering for a moment, he regained his composure as he proceeded to jump up and grab a low hanging branch. Pulling himself up, he continued to climb until he was nearly at the top. As he sat down, his legs dangled in the air, "Best spot in the house." He commented to himself as he continued to watch the beautiful fire works. "Darn..." He said disappointed... "I wish I had more booze... that would make this perfect.

Yuki walked back to the tree and jumped up to the first and biggest branch. She watches the fireworks, not knowing someone else was in the tree. Yuki felt her heart break into pieces as everyone had someone to be with, but she was alone. Yuki sighs and looks up into the tree and notices someone. The man began to speak and Yuki was startled that someone else was in this tree as well. She quickly turned away and watched the fireworks again. 

Hikoru smiled and pulled in Ariel as she agreed with what he said. He was happy that both her and him wanted a big wedding, and he was happy that she was happy. He smiled and kissed her for what seemed like eternity, and every second of it was bliss. He breathed in and felt his heart fluttering, his heart fluttering and having butterflies in his stomach. He pulled away slowly, and he gave her a small smile. He opened his HUD, and found what he was looking for in his inventory. Soon, his Hoya Pendant appeared in his hands and he opened a trade menu with Ariel

"I want you to have this... To remember this moment, and so it can seal our agreement..." He said with a small blush. He had just recently gone on this Quest, and he promised himself that he would give it to the girl he wanted to marry, and he had found the one. He breathed and waited for her to accept and to wear it, and couldn't wait to see how it looked on her.

-1 Hoya Pendant to Ariel

What it looks like:

Spoiler

tumblr_ne9k8z9Vne1u2wwzno1_1280.thumb.jp

I grinned underneath the fox mask. "I am not sure whether that was a compliment or an insult. Knowing you, it is both." I remarked, giving Jevi a gentle punch in the shoulder, careful not to use my Martial Arts boost; that was honestly annoying when you wanted to be gentle. I slowly raised the mask to sit at an angle atop my forest of silver hair, only to have it illuminated by a burst of colour in the pitch sky above. "Oh, when did it become night?" I wondered, surprised by how quickly time had passed. "Well... guess it is nearly time, hey?" I asked, at the same time that Jevi made a similar mark, adding a suggestion to find a seat on the end. "Hmm... I wonder where..." I pondered, gently grabbing the girl's hand, before clicking my fingers with the other. "Ahah! Keep up, it is throwback time!" I shouted before bolting off, Jevi in tow. I was looking for alleyways that led to rooftops, eyes flicking left and right, until finally found one and took a sharp right turn, entering the shadows. "Seem familiar?" I asked, leading her up a pile of boxes and onto the rooftop where I seated myself. "How is thid for a seat?" I asked, gesturing to the boundless sea of colourful explosions ahead of us.

Jevi laughed when a confused Grave questioned about it being night, ~"It's been night for quite awhile now.. the sun was setting by the time you got here." Jevi looked around, trying to find a place that was clear to sit in, but also did not cut off their vision of the entire night sky. Maybe they could find a tree to jump into, though it looked like most of them were already taken.. being the cliche spot. As her wind wandered, she felt Grave's hand grab hers and an idea struck him. He mentioned something about this spot being a throwback, relating to a past memory with the two. She wondered just what it could be, being the two did not have many, if any, adventures together up on this Floor. She walked with him back through the town and into an alley, where they found a stack of boxes that would allow access to the roof of some unsuspecting man's shop. She chuckled, ~"Yeah I guess this is a throwback, huh?" The two easily made their way up to the roof, where they were the only ones. They had a perfect view of everything; she could see the entire festival, and had a perfect view of the night sky. Her golden eyes lit up and sparkled from the fireworks that exploded over head, and the smiling girl sat next to the silver haired man. As she situated into her seat,her legs bent off to her side and using one arm as a support to keep her up, she found her fingers placed on top of Grave's. Looking down at them for a moment, she intertwined one of her fingers with his. As she looked back up into him, she looked away for a moment with a blush. ~"Tch, this is probably one of the most.. cliche things I've ever done.." Her golden eyes then shifted back to meet his, half open. Similarly to the other night, her lips slightly parted and she leaned in towards the man. As her face approached Grave's, she slowly closed her eyes, softly saying ~"Thank you." This time, without stopping herself, she gently pressed her parted lips into Grave's. She kept this for a couple of moments before pulling away, a smile on her face. 

Before the fireworks:

Zandra nodded in agreement to Jomeis suggestion about go and take something to eat. It didnt took long for the two off them to find a man that was selling different dishes. Jomei wanted some chicken on a stick and whatever she picked.''Well, I take chicken as well. Then hmm...'' she looked at the different dishes. She would like to try them all, but she had to choose a few. Not an financial problem, but she didnt got time to try alot off them.''Then I take a portion of the curry rice.'' She said and pointed on it. A few moments later they had the ordered food and headed towards the fireworks.

At the start of the fireworks:

There was stil some minutes left until the fireworks would start. Zandra took out the chilen stick out off her mouth, half-eaten. She rembered a place that would work perfect to watch.''Come, I know the perfect spot where we gonna have a wonderful view over the fireworks.'' she put the stick in her mouth and with the curry rice in her right hand, her left grabbed Jomei and pulled him with her with fast steps. When they have followed a street for a bit she suddenly stopped infront of an oak-door. She released Jomei, opened the door and moved in. The house had almost no furniture's inside and not a single NPC in sight. Zandra went straigth for the stair to the second floor. There it was a ladder and trap-door that led out on the roof. Zandra climbed the ladder and went out on the roof. From there you could see it was one off the taller houses and pretty close to where the firework-man was preparing his show.

"Thank you very much! I hope she enjoys it!"

"Yeah, I hope so too. Take care."

After stopping by and having the flower he had picked converted into a hairpin Calrex looked down at his menu as he saw that Teayre had sent him a message. A smile crept on his face as he dashed out of the safe zone and back towards the treeline as Teayre had indicated. Pulling up his tracker the bluenette made his way over to the redhead. Without losing pace he swept her up in his arms with a big hug, "Hey Teayrie."

Gently setting his wife back down Calrex quickly swiped through his menu, producing the purple flower hairpin with a smile before gently setting it into her hand, "I got this for you. I know we haven't seen each other in a while...I'm glad you could make it."

Looking outwards towards the only place she could have come from the Ultramarine Knight gave a nod and a smile, "Things are getting kind of crowded here. How about we head further out and see how far this festival covers on the floor?"

Heading out away from the festival the bluenette put his hands into his jacket pockets, the lights of Taft becoming smaller and smaller behind him.

Gifts Purple Flower Pin to Teayre

(Calrex Leaves Thread)

Hekima had only come to this floor to check out the festival. She had heard that the game was running a spring festival for the new year and she was impressed with what she saw so far. Of course, she had no intentions of being actively engaged in the little amount of booth games that the festival offered because from what she had heard from a few players that had left the festival, there as no point due to the fact that they were all vanity items and hence, they were useless to Hekima and her quest to become one of the strongest tanks in the game. Power drives her and she had to do anything she could to become the best that she can be. 

Hekima looked around. Still, it was nice to see a change of scenery for once. Instead of the boring green pastures laying on the first floor, Hekima was offered nice man-made structures on the eleventh floor. The festival was a nice boost to morale both for Hekima and the other players... At least most of them. Indeed, the festival was a great idea despite the fac that it was a waste of time. She had come only to check out what was here and she, of course, was not disappointed and rather pleased by how good the scenery was here.

"Good day." An NPC stated as he walked near Hekima.

With a grunt, Hekima coughed and walked away... back to the first floor where she would start a new quest... A quest by the name of Earning a Living. She would not waste any more time here than she already did and it was a shame that she could not enjoy the scenery here as much as she wanted to. Besides... We're probably stuck in here for a long time... There'll be another opportunity next year. She thought, comforting herself as she walks way.

Edited by Hekima

r.i.p to my first post 

After accepting the young blonde's arm I proceeded to stare down at my black shiny heels. Every step I took I could see my reflection in them because of the light from the town we approached. It was quite amusing to me to think how real looking this death game could get. Everything looked real to me, it made me think a lot about the intentions of the game masters. And especially on nights like these designed to make the players of Aincrad forget of those things I couldn't stop the reoccurring thoughts to pop in my head. I was so focused on how the game creators reached the level of graphics for this game and how they could make things look so real. I could see the textures of the dresses that Ariel made for me, I could see the sharpness of my dagger. I could also see the countenance of the player beside me change; when he frowned and smiled, his emotions. I smiled as my eyes made their way from my shoes to my arm that was interlocked with Oikawa. It was comforting to be accompanied by another person tonight, especially one whom I've grown to trust and create a solid relationship with; someone I could openly express my feelings to and not get angry for watching the scene between Zelrius and I. 

As we walked through the town I observed the festival inside the safezone begin to shut down. The shopkeepers shut their doors, the taverns lit up, and the outside stands were broken down and packed into inventories for next year's use. The players in the town began to even out as well, they were all heading to the fields to watch the fireworks in an open area. We had been walking for maybe twenty minutes before either of us spoke. Naturally it was Oikawa first because I was wrapped in my though ninety-nine percent of the time. He stated we should go and see the fireworks. "Aren't I the best part of the festival though?" I joked and continued walking.

"Yes, I really would like to see them." I said just as soon as I heard the first firework commence into the air and explode.I knew that they wouldn't be going on for very long sadly so I stopped and looked towards the sky. Just then I heard two unexpected words come from Oikawa. My eyes shifted from the explosions in the sky, to the blonde tufts slightly waving in the night breeze. I had no idea why he said it but I smiled and reached for his hand. I gave the gloved hand a slight squeeze and closed my eyes. "Thank you as well...for tonight. I really am having a much better night now that I have someone to spend it with." I then looked up at the sky. Lights began to dance, then end abruptly with a fizzle of smoke much like a real one. The unexpected events of tonight lead me to this moment, and for that I was glad.

Edited by Kiru

Their steps echoed along the emptying road as they finally began to approach the fields. As the winds blew this way and that, a few of the pre-fireworks began to shoot off to get people excited and signal the start of the show. The blonde's small grin only widened as he enjoyed the moments he had been spending with Kiru. The remained interlocked for a bit longer, before she spoke up in response to his earlier declaration. And although she joked, the blonde answered the obvious rhetorical question. "Well for me... yes. The fireworks the stands and even the gifts we could've won tonight would've been great. But, just spending time here with you... was more than worth it."

The tint of red that stained his cheeks even caught him off guard and even more so, she thanked him for the night. With a slight squeeze to his own hand, the blonde submitted to the full on blush that was to ensue. He wasn't easily flustered but there was just something about the ice queen that...just captivated him. Shifting his gaze from her to the skies, he watched as the the sparks began to litter the air. Crackling and fizzing with every launch into the sky. It was surreal. Very life like in itself, and he personally felt this explosion of lights could only be topped by a Fourth of July festival that those in the states celebrated.

Gently squeezing the hand within his own back, the blonde spoke once more. "Again, it was my pleasure."

A flash of red spread on my porcelain cheeks as the blonde took my joke seriously. Normally when I made jokes such as those I got sarcastic answers, so for him to take it to heart was completely unexpected. Though, his words did have some truth behind them. The time spent with Oikawa discussing, walking silently, and watching was way more important than any item gained at the Festival. It was really great that he and I could just pick it up as friends even though we haven't seen one another's faces in probably over three months now. With anyone else besides Tristan or Keith it wouldn't been very awkward for me to explain myself. The young man had truly been a faint presence in my life at Castle Aincrad up until now, but he was in no way just there. Oikawa was the only person that I asked the question of marching into your death, and he exceeded my expectations with his answer. He didn't lie and tell me he would bravely go with me, nor did he ask what was wrong with me. No, he told me that he would be there for me but would never let me go into such a situation. And that, along with this precious night with the blonde, and irreplaceable by mere vanity items. 

All while thinking this I watched the fireworks above. Bright yellows, dark greens, and practically every other shade made it's way into the sky each with it's own unique explosion. I looked out of the corner of my eye when I felt a returned squeeze and a reciprocated thank you. From under the bush of yellow I saw a red brighter than the fireworks above us. This made me smile even more, and laugh a little internally. I bit my lip to keep myself from laughing, causing my cheeks to turn the same shade as his. Finally, I breathed out and looked at Oikawa. "You know Oikawa, you really are something!" I chuckled slightly with a grin. "I could say the same for you. Who knows what my night would've been if you weren't there. You are the highlight of my night Oikawa because without you I probably would've watched these beautiful lights all alone from that bench. I know there's supposed to be a limit but I don't think so...so I'll say it again: thank you very much Oikawa for this night." 

As the vast array of colors dazzled over the sky decorating it a spectacle of excitement and bewilderment. Dom couldn't help but watch the people in the town and along the ground, cuddled up to one another or just in a group of people. The feeling of Love and Passion was in the air, and many people seemed to have magic happen to their life that all occurred with the entirety of the event. It was very heartwarming to think about the idea of being in the presence of the one you care most for, or possibly even the one you love. Be they Relative or a Love Interest, it was suppose to be a happy moment for everyone in the fields.

But Dom rested in the tallest tree getting one of the best looks at the Firework display that only riddled his heart with sadness and depression, knowing that full well he couldn't ever bear the happiness that the people were finding in this event. He was happy that many of his friends could find someone to spend the day with, albeit he couldn't see them since they were far too small to make out. But if one were to look hard enough they could possibly see the Berserker in his Dark Green Kimono made by his good friend Lowenthal, with the upper torso left off the body for comfort exposing his chest and back which he had the scarring setting on to show all the pain he had felt physically in this world.

But even though he had marks of damaged skin all over his body, he knew nothing hurt as much as the empty void in his heart that Meokka had left him with. With how much of a failed man he had been toward her, he knew to start making his distance with other people. Only sadness and sorrow came with being in the presence of someone who would only be viewed as a trophy at this point due to the color of the crystal that hovered above his head. He looked back at the Fireworks one last time, a tear streaking down his face for the first time in a very long time.

He clutched his hand to his heart area as it ached with the feeling of loneliness and abandonment, "What I wouldn't give to hold her hand one last time... What I wouldn't give to hear her voice one more time..." He stated to himself, as more tears streamed down his stoic face. For once in a long time he finally let go of the grip that he held upon his emotions knowing that he was truly and completely alone in this world. He had friends he was close to, but they were filling their time with the ones they wanted to share their lives with in this miserable game. He knowing at some point in each persons story, would be left as a shadow of the past to eventually be left mostly forgotten.

He clutched his chest even harder causing some red data particles to fly into the night sky and dissipate as his health bar ticked down ever so slightly, the pain was at a point it was too unbearable to hold back any longer now that he had finally let go a slight amount. Weeping, Sniffling, multitudes of actions that deranged from crying essentially. All he could manage was a few words before he finished crying into the night, "I am sorry Meokka... I still love you... And I know it is now an unrequited love. I miss you........ I'm sorry." He couldn't speak any longer cause the pain was too much for him.

He buried his head into his inside of his elbow and let loose all of his emotions. Taking one last time to let them out before he would turn himself back into a walking stone cold being depraved of his emotions as they would be locked away. Finally shutting the note on his pursuit of happiness, focusing on the goal to drive his life into the ground until he was finally slain by the game. He planned to be at every boss event until it finally took his life, he knew at some point he would have to cut the ties to his friends as it was easier in his mind to begin shadowing himself in each persons past.

<Dom ends his sadden night by falling asleep on the tree branch. (Leaves the Thread)>

Edited by Ssendom

I grinned as Jevi seated herself behind me and I inched closer to her. Her hand sat atop mine and I widened my grin as she peered down at it, before interlocking a single finger with mine. I proceeded to gently finish off the job, locking the rest of our fingers together. "I have to be honest, cliché is my style." I chuckled in response, before my heart skipped a beat, watching Jevi begin to lean in. It began beating again, faster now, as I found myself leaning in likewise. A simple thank you was all that ran between us as our lips connected, a firework explosion screaming down at the land below, washing us in a crimson light. We broke apart and looked each other in the eyes. She really was enchanting, especially in that kimono she was wearing. The colours that  played across her tanned flesh lit her up like she was a firework herself. I could not help myself; I wrapped my right arm around the girl and pulled myself in, my chin resting on her shoulder, mouth beside her ear. My heart was racing as I built up to speak, and I sighed nervously. "Jevi..." I began.

"I love you."

<Will continue in a private thread after event  finishes>

Edited by Grave

Jomei held the empty skewer stick in between his lips, chewing up the remainder of his dinner. Zandra had ordered the same thing as him, though she decided to get a side of rice on the side. After they had finished their food, Zandra told Jomei that she knew of the perfect spot for the two to watch the fireworks. Grabbing his hand and pulling him, she ran off. Jomei stumbled as she pulled him, dropping the skewer stick that was in his mouth. He followed after the girl pulling on his hand as they hurried through the crowds of people. She led him all the way to some sort of home, though inside it seemed a lot less than that. There was hardly any furniture, and the house was empty of life. Jomei questioned where they were for a moment before Zandra brought him upstairs to where there sat a ladder than led to a top swinging door. As Zandra climbed up and opened the door, it revealed the dark night sky above them. Jomei smirked and followed after her, emerging onto the roof of the building. The two were pretty high up, giving them a perfect view of the show as it began. One by one, different colored rockets were shot into the air, exploding in an beautiful array. Jomei put his arm around Zandra and pulled her in tight to his body. A perfect way to end the Festival.

THREAD COMPLETE. SWORD ART ONLINE'S SPRING FESTIVAL HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED. THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING. ENJOY YOUR ITEMS. Now go have fun with your after parties you crazy kids.

Jomei, Darius Verand, Ranmura, Lazarus, Shizuka, Zandra, Calrex, Lowenthal, Manta, Hikoru, Ariel, (Congrats to the couple)  Vayrin, Himeko, Seul, Opal, Lycan, Baldur, KazuAnaka, CookieKat, Zelrius, Lawfer, Snow, Macradon, Tristan, Flints, Kiru, Takao, Nonon, Phillia, Zero, Azide (rip bb) Oikawa, Takneil, Sinful, Jevi, Lessa, Brice, yukisuzuki, Comet, Icarus, Grave, Hydra, Teayre, Ssendom, Hekima.

+1 SP and 62 col each.