Floor 11: Taft's Spring Festival COMPLETE

"The families...of course." the woman said, "A friend of mine, Lindow. He was stubborn, a man who did things on his own and a hero in my eyes. He was the push in creating who I am today. He had a wife and a daughter outside this game, was a respected by his fellow officers. The world lost a great man the day he died. I can't think how his family must feel like right now knowing this devastation to happen. I keep them in my thoughts and pray no one else has to lose family members like that. But you are quite right," the woman shifted her position once more getting into another comfortable spot. With a dress that hugged her thighs, it was hard not to keep a lady like form, but a simple twist here and there and she was once more in a peaceful pose.

"It is not just the people here in this game that are in jeopardy. I don't think Kayaba is doing anything to help those poor families that lost income during this tragic event. I fear though, since we are still only scratching the surface of this castle, we may lose yet quite a few more people before the end of all of this. I can't protect everyone, but I can sure as hell try to protect who I can." 

The woman brought up her inventory, her hand hovering on her cigarette quickbar icon as she sighed. She could really use a quick drag or two after stemming up some difficult memories, yet she was in this fancy dress and she didn't want to put off the stranger with something as trashy as a dirty habit. She swept her hand clear of the menu and smiled back, the crimson lips hooking into a smile at Baldur. He seemed genuine about what he spoke of, she too felt it was necessary to come here to relax and soak up some of the more gentle and calming atmosphere. Rarely did you see someone crying or breaking down during such a wondrous event. Yet, hearts are fragile and sometimes things occur which should not. It was life. 

The Vice Commander had noticed she did not have a drink in her hand which was disappointing. No smoke, no alcohol. Time to remedy one if not both. She stood, her tall legs keeping her upright as she bowed slightly to Baldur, "I am going to get a refreshment at one of the stalls. I shall be back, unless..." the woman pushed the platinum blonde hair from her face and eyes as she seemed slightly hesitant to ask, "unless...you cared to join me? I am sure you wouldn't want to waste that sake tonight. Perhaps we can find something a little less exuberant for the occasion?" 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I swear I'll get it this time" the boy stated, offering an awkward smile as he picked the dart from the NPCs hand once more. Taking a deep breath he pulled back his arm, it couldn't be that hard. All he would have to do is throw it into the red, that's it nothing else. Letting the dart fly in the air once more he prayed that whatever gods were watching they would bless his aim. 

Spoiler

ID# 50268 results: Battle: 2 Craft: 3 Loot: 6 MOB: 3

'Miss!' the NPC called out after an small thud. 

Exhaling all of his built up hope Takneil slumped over the side of the stand, he was never going to get that prize was he?. Sighing he stayed there mumbling curses at lady luck and trying to regain his confidence. 

Edited by Takneil

Seeing as he choose the item she was hoping for, the blonde let out a small girly 'Iiiiii' sounding shriek of sorts and dismissed the western suit opening a trade window for Hikoru with the remaining kimono. "Good to hear that. Now let's get you change and start enjoying the festival's greatest attraction!" her eyes were shining with excitement as she spoke. She'd wait until the raven haired boy would return, properly dressed then continue: "What do you want to do first?" she asked with glee, stealing glances at the dart stand. None knew that while swordsmanship was her primary hobby and her job, darts or pretty much any accuracy related festival game were another one of her affinities. She'd brush away a couple of wild blonde strands from her face and adjust the side flower in her hair. This attire wasn't her first choice, the blonde preferring more 'easy to fight in' clothing but wanted to dress different for today. In all her twenty three years of living she could count the number of times she's attended a traditional japanese themed festival, on one hand. She was excited to have this opportunity and try all of the stalls.

Ethereal was strolling the grounds of Floor Eleven, admiring the change of decoration and atmosphere during the Spring Festival. Personally, he loved these sorts of events - based solely around relaxation and where the darkness of this world slipped away for a short while. Gazing across the crowd of happy faces, the swordsman admires the skill with which this event was crafted by the developers. Certainly, a lot of thought had gone into having something here for everyone. Women were walking around with new kimonos and hairpins, young children were playing with the various games and couples were having the time of their lives.

"Anyone out there think they have the skill to beat me in checkers? If you can you'll win a prize!" the call carries over the heads of the various players milling around. Eth's ears prick up as he makes his way towards the sound, a wizened old NPC sat on a cushioned seat behind a game board. One kid was looking fairly despondent, picking himself up from the opposing seat and trudging off. "It isn't nice to run the mood, old man." Ethereal comments wryly, sitting himself down, "I'd better teach you a lesson." The white-bearded old man raises his head to look under the brim of his farmer's hat. "Oh! A challenger! Shall we begin?"

ID# 50290

Loot: 11 (+1 = 12) 

For Ethereal the game turned out to be mere child's play compared to the regular chess games he attended. It was over in less than five minutes at which point the old man sighed; "Well played, lad. Choose a prize." The victor nods, "Well played. I'll choose... the fox one there." he points with his index finger at a rather menacing looking fox mask among the various kitsune. The elder reaches over and retrieves it, passing it over as Eth stands and bows before making his way off.

Edited by Ethereal

His eyes focused and hung on every word she ushered as she explained what was bothering her. The slight stutter in her voice making it obvious to how emotionally draining the situation itself was. Her heart was no longer in it. Defeat lingering in each statement as she recited her woes. The blonde only listened. Sitting in silence as she let it all out. Then came a moment where she paused, looking down at her hands. She must've realized, that to an outsider, her and Zel's more intimate moments were in fact private and that he'd have no insight on the situation aside from what he himself had witnessed. Nonetheless, she continued, much to his pleasure.

She continued to weave the reasoning behind her saddened state. Each sentence digging a little deeper into her own feelings while simultaneously revealing some feelings the blonde became aware of. As her recount came to an end, the ending phrase in particular caught his attention. 

"  I just can't say that he would do the same for me..."

He recited in his head. He was there to listen but he also had a few observations of his own. Turning to face the street ahead, the blonde waited a moment before speaking his mind.

"I can't imagine what you're going through. So I won't. But I can empathize. It's painfully obvious you love Zelrius. Not in an intimate way, but in way like one would love their last living family member. You have become so attached to him, emotionally, that, even knowing that he loves you just the same, you feel hurt by his recent actions. You of all people should know Zel is flippant. I've never seen him at his worst, he's always been an arrogant little pain in the behind, but he's always been that. You and I both know that if it really boiled down to it and your life was in danger, he would summon all of azure to come save your ass. And if it's any consolation, I would do the same. Kiru, Zel loves you. Plain and simple. While you may not be at the echelon of old, you are still who we pick over anyone else. Its not just your skill, but you. You are what makes you worth saving, looking up too, and loving like family member. You know, there was a time when I thought I'd never get to see you or Keith again. While still have Keith here," he stated as he gestured to his chest, "we still have you here" he said gesturing to where she sat.

"Now I'm not saying it shouldn't hurt, because it is and it will, but you shouldn't let theses moments get the best of you. You have more than just Zel now. You have Zel, myself, and the rest of Azure behind you every step of the way. Don't forget that."

Baldur nodded thoughtfully as she told him about her friend Lindow. The name seemed familiar somehow, but he doubted he had ever known the man, and certainly now well. The situation must be truly devastating for his family on the outside. On the outside they were helpless, they could only stand by the hospital bed and pray; on the inside at least, they had a fighting chance. For the most part, Kayaba seemed to intend for them to have an honest chance of fighting. From what Baldur had experienced, nothing had been designed to be downright unfair or insurmountable, though the difficulty curve could be quite steep in some areas.

"My condolences for your friend's loss." He was glad to have met, quite at random, someone with a mind so similar to his own. "Indeed, we may not be able to protect everyone, but I will protect everyone that I can. There are still so many who don't dare leave the safety of the towns let alone the first floor... it is up to us few to tackle this tower, and we're only ever going to accomplish that together."

When the beautiful woman stood up, Baldur immediately felt a sense of regret that their conversation would be ending, but she expressed her desire for a drink and he could not blame her. She had already given him more conversation and company than he had expected at the party. When she asked if he had wanted to join her, a smile slipped across his face unbidden.

"I think I shall, actually. Some of that food looks delicious as well." Baldur stood up to his full six feet in height and with a gesture made the ceramic bottle of sake disappear into his inventory. He nodded his head to Opal and then walked out into one of the aisles of booths lining the streets of the settlement. The lights and music and scents and sounds assaulted his every sense, and for a moment he enjoyed being lost in the sea of it all.

"What is your poison of choice?" Though Baldur asked the question, he suddenly stopped in his tracks and turned to a vendor who had beef teriyaki on a stick. He immediately turned to the made and initiated a trade, "Two please." Once the trade was complete, Baldur smiled at his conquest as if he had slayed the beast and cooked it himself. He took a big bite out of one piece and had a contented smile on his face. "This is really quite good." He then began to move forward again as they looked around for drink.

Hikoru jumped a bit at her squealish outburst as he chose, and gave her a bit of an awkward smile as she did so. He was glad she was happy, but he wasn't expecting that out of her. But he continued with it and smiled as He clicked accept on the wardrobe, and went to a changing room. He opened up his HUD and picked the kimono, his armor soon fading away into pixels as the kimono took its place. He gave a small blush at the sight. He looked.... well, weird in his own eyes. He wasn't much for fashion, and he turned and looked at the nearby mirror, and swished it around for a bit. It was uncomfortable to him, but he would just have to deal with it.

"The sacrifices I make..." He said quietly, a small laugh following close behind. He came over and stood by his beautiful date, and noticed how well the kimono's matched with each other, making them almost look.... married, or a couple at least. He gave a small smile and took her hand gently "This was her plan all along..." He thought to himself as she asked what he wanted to do. He looked at a stall with an dart-throwing challenge, and smiled as he took Ariel to one of the stalls, deciding to give it a try

"Excuse me sir! Would you like to try? One balloon popped and you get a wonderful prize!" the NPC running the stand said. Hikoru gave a nod and picked up a dart. He threw one, and it hit one of the balloons, but it aimlessly just bounced off of the balloon. He felt a small blush and looked at Ariel with a slight smile "Whoops, not enough strength, you take a try."

ID: 50308

LD: 7+2= 9

+1 Fail at trying to impress date

Edited by Hikoru

The Spring Festival was in full swing by the time the girl arrived. Even from where she stood, blocks away from the celebration, the sounds carried loud and clear. There was loud music, blaring from speakers placed strategically around the city. There was muffled talking, and occasionally, peels of laughter would carry above the din. Even more noticeable, however, was the scents. A myriad of smells mingled, wafting down the crowded street, and hanging heavy around her. The heavy aroma of grilling meats was most prominent, but the light scent of fruits and sweets could not be missed. All in all, the occasion was one unlike anything Lessa had experienced before. As the eleventh floor had only recently been discovered, this was the first every Spring Festival that the players had access to. That was the only reason why Lessa had decided to go - simple curiosity. But as she stood in the shadow of a tall brick building, her bare arms crossed against her chest, she found herself reconsidering. Would she be able to fit in in a place like that?

The young woman certainly looked the part. A light, loose-fitting blush dress hung to her knees. It was the same outfit that she had worn to various weddings and similar events, as she did not see much of a reason to splurge on more formal attire. This time, however, she had not wasted any time preparing her hair; it hung free in its natural waves, brushed, but otherwise untouched. But as a package, she looked ready for the festival. On the surface, no one would recognize that she did not belong.

But finally, her features hardened. She looked like an idiot, standing there alone, on the outskirts of the party. The least that she could do was swing through, grab some food, wave at a few people, and then make her exit. So before she could allow her mind to change, Lessa stomped down the street, her white, heeled sandals clapping angrily with each step she took.

Nonon looks around and sees that everybody has a date already, completely ignoring him. He sighed and closed his eyes while looking at the ground. 'Might as well go to sleep, maybe then I'll find my prince charming.' The lonely boy made sure to check around if anyone was coming, he then sat on a bench and went into his sleeping position that made him look frail. "Goodnight." He smiled before falling asleep without a blanket on.

As expected, the polite young man listened intently without interruption. Oikawa really was a good listener, it was almost as if he wasn't there in the first place. Though that would leave me sitting alone I still felt calmed by his faint presence. Throughout my entire speech he didn't once inject his opinion. Instead, he let me finish like a gentleman. I was entirely grateful and felt somewhat undeserving of his time right now. However, I needed this time with him to let things out or else it would probably stay bottled inside me, ready to burst any moment. More often times than not I had kept my emotions inside, building up for over a year. All it took was for Keith to disappear for my entire world to explode because at the time he was my entire world. I continued to keep everything inside myself so I wouldn't look weak but that hadn't gotten me that far now that I was physically weak as well. As stated by many others before myself, it wasn't healthy to bottle your emotions. I actually felt relieved now that it was off my chest.

When I had finished talking he went silent and faced the street. Most likely he was either taken aback by the sheer amount of detail or trying to figure out how to respond. Probably the latter. I would be entirely shocked if I were in my shoes. I mean, what would you do if the once arrogant and edgy girl was now sat beside you crying over the dumbest but most important thing? Nothing, I wouldn't be able to comprehend my own emotions. But Oikawa did, and summarized everything completely. It even made me question myself. Did I really love Zelrius in that way? Surely it would be obvious to an outsider, but to me it was a foreign feeling that I couldn't detect in myself. He reassured me that Zelrius would do the same, even though I doubted that. He wasn't saying these things to temporarily make me feel numb to the pain, he was saying it because he believed it in hopes that I would as well. 

"I guess that he wouldn't leave me to die but..." I recalled the moment before the last boss fight I attended. I had gone to Zelrius and requested his help in a mission to help find Keith. We were going to go deal with the person behind everything but, Zelrius exploded. He said Keith didn't matter, that he was a dead man. "If I were to follow through with a plan I was to execute with him then I'm afraid he wouldn't follow me. Actually, I'm sure he'd want to distance himself from me. After all, he did turn his cursor orange for a reason." I knew for a fact that Zelrius would be angry with me if he found my cursor to be orange. "If I was in real danger who's to say that he would even make it? Especially if I was a PK? I'd be nothing in his eyes." I stated, knowing fully that I stuck with Zelrius and helped him turn green. Maybe he would help me turn green but that wasn't something on the top of my lists. The entire idea of going after "Keith's killer" had gone from my mind. I had no intentions of becoming an orange player. But theoretically if I were to, Zelrius wouldn't be too happy. 

Oikawa proceeded to talk about Keith and I, which surprised me. I didn't think that Oikawa even thought about Keith, let alone me, at all. "Yeah..." I said, feeling a twinge of sadness knowing that everyone claimed Keith to be dead. Even sadder, he probably was. "Oikawa. I know you believe this but, I don't think everyone in Azure would march behind me if I went to attack someone. I mean, would you? In all honesty, would you walked along with me to your certain death to merely make a point?" I asked, knowing it wasn't a fair question. Of course no one would just happily go along. The only person that might would be Zelrius, but obviously not. If Keith heard anything about me doing anything remotely dangerous he would literally pick me up, drag me, or force me not to go. "If I'm being picked because of being me then how come I never see anyone at the Guild Hall? How come they leave? I just don't understand what I've done." I shifted in my seat and turned towards the street. This was definitely not the night I was expecting. 

The blonde gave little to no reply to his reaction for her little... outburst. As she waited for him to change, Ariel took a moment to look around her. People were getting into the spirit of the spring festival really quick. The place seemed to be filled with, if not real couples.. at least pairs of people walking along the dim paper lights that were hanging all around Taft. Strange how this, not so long ago frontline town, managed to get so full of life with players variating in levels as they were in heights and attire. There were some in the distance that seemed to be weeping about something but as the blonde couldn't see them clearly in the ocean of people... she took little interest in them. Afterall, today was a day off from herself concerning with the welfare of others and more with her own happiness. Something she had neglected for quite a while now... thus the dress and the hair, both which respected etiquette to the letter. With a giggle she summoned a white fan with blue and golden markings on it and began displaying it as a geisha would, lightly waving it despite not having the need for some wind.

Alas, her date came back and once she laid eyes on him, the fanning stopped mid-motion. With a light chuckle she brought it forth, covering a portion of her mouth bringing forth the silver color her eyes as she smiled behind the fan. She examined Hikoru from top to bottom and with a tinge of blush that was skillfully masked by the fan, she spoke: "Aren't you looking pretty handsome right now!" she claimed as she walked beside him to the stand. "Don't mind if I do!" she replied, taking a dart from the counter and aiming for the balloon. Of course, taking such a thing seriously would ruin the mood so the blonde's first attempt was... a total failure. Despite trying to maintain composure, her competitive spirit raged and a small frow clouded her expression.  "Seems like I too...lack something." she muttered, her tone altered with a bit of displeasure.

ID# 50335 LD: 3

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Hikoru smiled as Ariel took a shot for the balloon and missed as well, and he gave a small chuckle. He saw the fire of competition in her eyes, and her tone of displeasure gave him a small smile. She had always been very competitive ever since he had known her, and he liked that about her. He loved himself some competition, and he knew she loved to give some. He picked up a dart again and decided to give the game another try. He aimed it, and it struck!... Right between two balloons into the board. He laughed and felt embarrassed again, and turned to his date

"I've never been good at games like this... your up." He said with a smile, and waited to see how she did

ID: 50348

LD: 1+2=.3

Edited by Hikoru

"Geezes...how long am I gonna be at this until I find a freaking unwilted flower?"

Moving from branch to another branch Calrex gave a small sigh, keeping himself crouched low in order to maintain his balance. Scanning back and forth  it would almost seem like the bluenette was scanning across the field zone, when in fact he was still trying to look across each section of the tree for a suitable blossom to be turned into a pin. Bringing his head back to center he gave a small sigh, "Talk about horrible lu..."

As he was about to give up he looked straight ahead. At the end of a thin branch was in fact a single flower in full bloom, most likely the last on the tree. "Alright, well at least I found one. That branch looks a bit too thin for me to walk on though...but maybe..."

Looking down at the branches just below Calrex found a thick enough limb to stand on. Taking a free hand he reached up and grasped the base of the thin branch that his target was growing from, slowly bending it more and more until he managed to bring the flower into arms reach. Gently plucking the blossom Calrex gave a sigh of relief, bending down before dropping off of the branch, landing on the ground.

"Alright...now to get this back to the pin maker..."

Looking back towards the safe zone Calrex gave a small sigh, swiping on his menu, pulling up a message, "She's probably still on the lower floors, but maybe she'll have enough spare time for me to give her this..."

Sending out the message the bluenette made quick haste towards the stands inside the safe zone.

A wave of warmth washed over her as she smiled brightly at the well mannered individual she had just met, not expecting any greater purpose than to enjoy the scenery, the woman was delighted to find such good company for the night or at least for the time being. They had walked along the paved street that lined with so many of the festive and highly decorated tents and stalls that lined the path of Taft. Opal had fallen in love with the food of Aincrad, if there was anything that felt real in this world it was the sensation of being full and eating such a wide variety of different foods from all over. Stopping by at what appeared to be a Teriyaki Pavilion, Baldur ordered up two sticks of the coated meat. Opal smiled brightly as he returned, "If there is one thing about the impressive nature of this game it is that a woman, such as myself, can eat whatever her heart desires and not gain a pound from it. I could eat junk food all day if I wanted and not see any fat added to my body here. Could you imagine if he added in some sort of weight mechanic for food and character models in this game. I would be on a low carb diet still..." 

Food was one of her vices, among them was drinking and smoking. The woman had come from a family of alcoholics, but not her current generation from mother and father. Both seemed more normal than most parents, however, she had a horrible wild side when she went out with her sorority sisters. The nights usually filled with some hard partying from her and her friends and the boys of the college. Yet she had her tame side as well, when she actually went to her classes. But for the most part, the game world had changed Opal for the better, but she relied heavily on the dependency on certain items that game could produce. Afflictions of the past seemed undesired and the much needed proper remedy for them to keep such horrible memories at bay. 

She eyed the many stalls once more, her thirst skyrocketing with each and every step she made. It did not take long for the duo to find a place to order some beverages, of course Opal wanted straight beer. For semi formal events like this, or any sort of carnival like event she had experience to be in, normally beer was the main source of her liquid diet while other prefered soda or water. She could have got by on water alone this night, but if she wanted to live it up a little while off duty, she was going to get the flavored amber liquid she so desperately desired.

"Thank you," Baldur was kind enough to hand her the cup of the brew passing it over with one hand as he held his stick steak in the other. She enjoyed the exotic flavor of this current ale having rich notes of cherry added to it, she was a sucker for fruity drinks, but didn't quite think the alcohol here would taste like this. She smiled and nodded with satisfaction, "That is quite good. Quenching my thirst. I'll have to come back for another one of these soon." She had deposited off her tab to the vender and enjoyed her beverage. 

She was thinking back on Baldur's earlier comment about getting through this world together, "Not to mix business with pleasure, but you said earlier that we needed to accomplish defeating this castle together. That is actually what I am currently doing with my guild. I didn't mention it earlier because I figured, 'hey this guy is just gonna have a seat for a moment and then leave,' so I didn't bother introducing myself in food. I am Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath, and all the guilds I have seen they have one thing in common. Much like wind they come strong, a great and powerful presence for the time being, then it flutters away as quickly as it came. The Knights have been around for a long time from what I have gathered from the Commander, and I decided to take it upon myself to launch Aincrad into a new...Golden Era. Quite ambitious don't you think?" she asked smiling, her lips peppered with the remnants of her beverage as she swept her tongue across the smooth flesh. 

"But the point is to unite Aincrad in one strong banner and build a foundation for the people to stand on. Some desperately need help, I've been to the first floor and I can say that many people still have yet to come out of their shells to help in the service of freedom. But they are not to blame, it takes a certain mindset to come out and do something productive. Of course we also have children, the future generation to think about. But with a strong following like the Blood Oaths, where we can make a difference and not let the shade of darkness fall upon us, act as a beacon of light to these players...That is when we are truly united. The Azure Brigade...While they are strong they are nothing more than wind itself, coming and going but it won't be around forever. Not like the Knights of the Blood Oath at least. I respect them and their help with clearing the floors. Men like Zelrius and Tristan, we need strong players like that. But they are not Gods and they can not defeat this campaign alone. We all need to do our part and help those who are too afraid to do so."

The woman drank her beverage, "Excuse me for being so passionate about what I said...just that, the guild itself has saved me from darkness. In my hour of need it was there and I was able to find some sort of salvation. I would like others to believe the Knights are also there to lend a help as it did to me. No one...gets left behind." 

Brice walks through the town, looking around and marveling at the scenery and people around him. The cold, frozen winter was finally giving way to a wam and beautiful Spring. The once barren trees' cherry blossoms had finally begun to bloom, covering the trees in a beautiful coat of pink. All NPC's had changed from their normal clothes into more traditional kimonos and robes. It was facinating to see all of this culture intgrated into the game's world. The boy never goes to a social event without someone to accompany him. Luckily, one of this fiends had agreed to meet him there. Unfortunatly Brice is unable to find him and opens up his friend menu and sends a message to his friend, Takao, telling him that he had just arrived nearby the park entrance.

Edited by Brice

"Yay!" Shizuka called out without thinking as she watched Lowenthal throw the ball into one of the cups that was on display in front of her and the orange haired man. Indeed, it wasn't the cleanest throw of all times but it was definitely a throw that was right on target and Shizuka smiled widely as she saw the ping-pong ball float onto the tip of one of the cups and bounced inconveniently. Yay! Lowenthal got himself one! Now it's my turn. Shizuka thought, willing to try her hardest to get a matching one with Lowenthal. With a calming sigh, Shizuka prepared to throw the ping-pong ball once more and that was when Lowenthal stopped from from doing so by offering to give her his Kitsune Mask. It was a charming mask, in fact, it was probably the design that Shizuka had wanted. There were no masks that had the pure pink color and no other color but this would work fine. With a white background engraved upon the mask, its whiskers were purple and the rest of the mask were randomly filled with pink polka dots that certainly adds to the foundation of the mask, allowing it to stand out from the other masks and this was why Shizuka had wanted it and here, Lowenthal had offered it to her. There was no way for Shizuka to refuse his offer as one, the mask was beautiful, and two, it was a gift from Lowenthal. Shizuka took ahold of the mask and without hesitating, put it on her face and wiggled her head to see if it would fit and definitely, it fits like a charm. "Well? How do I look?" Shizuka said, allowing her head to drift into the next thing that she wanted to get. 

Sinful's real self was not one for socializing with people, but for the sake of his mask he will do what he's against, interaction with a large number of people in different level groups. Might as well make a lasting impression, he set up a small table with a sign saying 'Free plushies! Extra cute! All must go!' on top of it. "Kids and adults of all ages! I hope you haven't grown too old for the innocent plush toy, come on! They're really cute!" He cheerfully waved his hands high pointing towards his table, and then he'd wait and see just how many players would come to him. 'That's right, like pig to the slaughter.' He thought of some 'disturbing' things in his depraved mind.

Lowenthal let out a quizzical noise as he thought about the mask that was covering Shizuka's face. "I don't really know." Lowenthal began. "I think it hinders you. Seeing as it covers up most of your already beautiful face." Lowenthal said, flirting. It was something he had grown used to, flirting. He did it with anyone and just about everyone. But with Shizuka, he actually meant it. He did find her, quite attractive. He didn't know if it was from all the time he had spent with her that day, or the times after. Or if it was something he was feeling about this day. But when Shizuka smiled when he had won her the kitsune mask, he couldn't be happier. "C'mon. Let's find something else to do." Lowenthal said, taking Shizuka's hand firmly in his. Even if they didn't find anything to do, or anything to get, he was happy that he was with her. "Say, look at these." Lowenthal said, looking at a variety of pins made from flowers. He noticed that they all were made from the flowers of the tree behind the stall, which was a cherry blossom tree. The woman spoke. "They are free today. For the celebration." She said, giving a bow. Lowenthal thanked the woman and picked one of the pins. He turned to Shizuka, and brushed a strand of hair aside from her face, as he added the pin to her pink hair. It almost blended in, but it made Shizuka all the much cuter. "There we go." Lowenthal said, his face with a blush. He took Shizuka's hand in his own again, and asked her. "So, anything else?" He questioned trying to think if there was anything that she wanted to do that they already had not.

Shifting his own gaze back to the street, Oikawa recollected and went over again and again what Kiru had said. Her conclusion more so than anything else. The thoughts trickled here and there as he tried to figure the best way to respond, each response being more irrelevant than the last. He wasn't fond of the silence between them now that she had finished. The awkward site of the two of them peering into the soul of nothingness as they stared on, would more than likely attract a few double takes from passerbys.

A sigh, broke the silence as the blonde finally decided to do what he should've from the second she finished: speak his mind.

"Kiru.."

"You are right. If death was certain and I had the choice to not go, I wouldn't. But I, like I'm sure Keith would've done, would have dragged you back to the safest place I know and scold you for your foolery. maybe you are right. Maybe all of the guild wouldn't march behind you, but as weird as it may sound, these people aren't inclined to. I'm your friend, and more than that I admire you. Hell, if were being honest, I've liked you since the first day we met, but given the circumstances I realized early on that things would not proceed that way. I accepted that fact and turned the realization into a positive. I decided to learn from you two. I picked you and Keith over everyone else to be my mentors. I'd still pick you over everyone else, save Rebekah, as we have a bond as well...

The point is, you are chosen because of your skill, your effect on others and your reliability as a friend. I don't think I have that going for myself. And to hit on your guild hall issue, the Guild Hall is just our base of operations. We leave it to fulfill our roles as the front-line team, not to leave you behind silly...

So pick your chin up, and wipe away those tears. Its not befitting for the 'Icy Queen' who used to once threaten me with daggers," he concluded with a slight grin.

Yuki stared at the entrance of the spring festival. She is wearing a traditional kimono that compliments her pink hair. She walks into the festival and can notice the happy aura it gives. Yuki feels out of place as she has no one with her at this festival. Yuki walks down the festival path and looks at all the lights and tiny games and shops. She looks at everyone who is laughing with each other. Yuki sees the blossom trees and smiles big, she's always liked the color of the petals on the trees. Yuki stares at the pretty blossom tree, knowing that no one will show up for her. Yuki has always been lonely, but it never hurt this much to be alone. Yuki has been always lonely but she will figure out how to cope with it, somehow.