Floor 11: Taft's Spring Festival COMPLETE

He smiled as she accepted and extended a gloved hand to her "Shall we?" Whether or not she accepted the gloved hand, Zelrius began to stroll through the ins and outs of the Festival, both admiring how well and relaxing this was  but also hating how extremely generic and lame it was at the same time. On a better note, I got a Firework out of it and don't have to do any Guild work or Grinding, since everyone else is here for the day. He reminded himself, sighing in relief to himself that he was out of Commandant duties. "So, Manta," He began adverting eye contact from her, a bit uneasy. "We've gone on several little trips together, and while I tried my best to avoid and ignore any of this, I actually geniunely like you as a Person and was wanting to know if you'd maybe like to hang out sometime outside of the usual sht. You know, A day without grinding monsters or scouting Floors or Fighting bosses, Or," He glanced around and gave a chuckle "Or without so many god damned people." When he ended he looked to her, unsure how the Brigadier would react to the situation.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manta reached her hand out to grasp his offered hand. She walked along beside him as he led her through the twisting, winding streets of Taft and through the festival. She admired the beauty of the festival, her mind flashing back to when she truly noticed how realistic and beautiful everything seemed, even though it was a just a game. The last time she had had a thought like that was over a year ago. She glanced over at him as he finally spoke, only to see him glancing away from her. She wasnt entirely sure if it was that she was gaining a better understanding of him as a person, or if he was changing. Perhaps it was a combination of both. When she had first met him he had seemed like one of those abstract art pieces that you see in a museum. Something to look at but not touch, something that seemed simple on the surface but had so much meaning underneath. In a way, he was still like that piece of art in that he was complex and hard to understand, but she wasn't afraid to get near him anymore. Her eyes widened slightly as he spoke, unsure of where he was going with this and what exactly he was asking.  She decided to go with the assumption that he just wanted them to hang out as friends and not anything more. She just didn't want to misunderstand what he was saying and felt like that was the safest assumption. "That sounds like fun Zel. I havent really done much in the way of relaxing besides this." She replied, not saying much as she was still unsure what he was asking specifically.

As they walked through the Festival, Zelrius glanced around to see the outfits and once again, was glad he was wearing his usual tuxedo. It was strange, The Blackfyre Cloak and all the gear weren't all that heavy (Zelrius relied heavily on Agility, and the lighter the gear, the better,) but with them all off he felt strangely unweighed down. Though that was more due to metaphorical reasons; of which are not worth covering in a Thread made for Relaxation and fun in a Festival. His amused grin turned into a large smile after she accepted and he stopped walking for a bit to turn to talk to her. "Aye, Good stuff. I don't know when I will next be free, so if you're fine with doing anything today, We can go now. Of course, if you'd like to stay in the Festival a bit longer, I will stick around." He held up a finger indicating for her to wait a moment and went through his inventory pulling out the hair pin he had won at a stupid game, holding it out to her "Not much I know, but I think it'd look cute on you."

Macradon rubbed his eyes as he warped to Taft on the 11th floor. He had gotten a global message og a spring festival, Macradon was excited. Of all the years he had been trapped in here, this was his first spring festival, heck, his first spring festival overall. The lights were beautiful and all the joy filled the town. Macradon spotted a lot of people at the town, people that he knew or at least had met once or twice before. It was nice being here, the aura and the aroma felt really nice. Macradon was wearing his old crafty robes that would resemble one's of a monk, so it was not as close as the other NPC's clothing, but it was close enough for Macradon, he wouldn't bother getting a whole new set of clothing for this particular day. He would take in a deep breath as he would venture out into the town and look at all the stands around.

Tristan was in a long haori, which was black and plain in colour, but he liked the change of pace when it came to his usual fanciful unique equipment (often rather scary looking too). He cracked his neck to the side to help his stiffness, then held the hand joined with his tightly, which was Flints' with a squeeze, then eased the grip to let it be comfortable, turning to her and smiling, giving her head a gentle kiss. To spend the festivities with his wife was enjoyable, something he wanted to value. But how could he do so more than simply being here.

Tristan looked around, then saw a woman under a tree who was working on cherry blossoms. He let go of the hand and said "Give me a moment dear.", then strode to where the woman sat and worked. "Excuse me, I had to simply admire your pins, and think they would be perfect for my wife.". The woman chuckled with a hand over the mouth and then smiled, taking the hand and finishing the pin they were working on ( Cherry Blossom Pin: A large cherry blossom attached to a pin, two pink ribbons tied to the stem and hanging downward. Could be work as a pin, or as a hair piece.) and saying "For such a compliment on my work, you can have this.". Tristan nodded and smiled, taking the pin and saying "Thank you." gently.

He strode back over to his wife, pin in hand and then said "Stay still a moment.", then putting the hair pin into her hair. He took a step back to admire the view, now complemented with a cherry blossom hair pin with ribbons against her brunette hair. He grinned and said "It seems my wife is as lovely as ever, looking especially refined. Nothing to worry about for this husband.", trailing towards a silly comedic tone.

Flints' emerald eyes shown brightly as she took in the sight of the festival; it was unlike anything she had ever seen, the decorations and the way everyone was dressed was certainly different from what she was used to. Her usual layers of armors were now shed and replaced by a more modern style black kimono, it's length was short and cut abruptly at the thighs but kept the traditional long flowing sleeves. Tight ribbon incircled her ankles, wrists and waist, which was tapered off by a large, deep maroon bow that rested against the arch of her back. "Dressed up without actually being dressed" Flints giggled at the thought as she walked the festival with Tristan in tow, him in a more regale gown that looked mighty comfy as well. She was brought back to the world by the gentle squeeze from her husbands hand on hers, to which she replied by clinging to his arm tightly before he pulled away to address a vendor. Her eyes curiously followed him to the woman as they exchanged kind words. She admired him in his garb and grinned from the major contrast of the deep black cloth and his firey mane. 

As Tristan walked back over to her she looked away in a blush standing as still as she could waiting for him to pin her new gift into her long lose hair. With the given complements Flints became a giggling mess before tippy toeing to kiss her husband and whisper in his ear, "with an as regal looking of a husband as mine I feel I have much to worry about"  

Spring had once again finally reached Aincrad, thus the Spring Festival was to come. I slightly remembered going with Keith to something like this but I was pretty sure that it wasn't the Spring Festival exactly. Back then, I was so nervous because it was the first time we went to a formal event together, and the first time in a while that I wasn't running around killing things or completing quests. In fact, I think I was actually a little irritated that I was missing an entire day just to screw around at some event that didn't even offer any good rewards. But even though there wasn't a beneficial reason, a material item, or a boss drop, didn't mean that the day itself wasn't any more special to me now. During that event I had so much fun that I forgot about reality and furthering my level for quite some time. That was, until we were rudely interrupted by a couple of PKs that thought they could just "teach us a lesson," and leave. In the end, they were in critical condition, running away and scared. Overall that experience was for the better and made me ultimately want to come to the next Aincrad Festival, even if I didn't have someone to go with. 

I stepped off of the teleportation gate and onto the path, leading me to the town in which the festival was being held at. It wasn't a very far trip, and from the looks of it, no one else was on the path other than a player lugging a gigantic burlap bag over their shoulder. Upon closer inspection I noticed that he was also dropping things on his way. "That's not smart, someone's going to take them. And if any Player Killers are around they could easily just kill you because you're so distracted with that bag of yours." I thought, looking around to see if there was anyone that could potentially harm the player ahead of me. Like before, no one new had gotten onto the path. I smirked and began picking up the items he had been dropping. To my surprise they were fireworks. I smiled, remembering the first time I met Kyr. I stole his blanket and watched fireworks with him, as if it were normal to lay on someone's blanket. 

This player sure was oblivious to their surroundings. I mean, I could just as easily take off when the mound of fireworks piling up in my arms and sell them. Though I had no reason to, I didn't need money and waiting for people to buy them would be a waste of time. Instead, I decided to return them to him since I was pretty sure I would have absolutely no use for such frivolous items. Yes, they were pretty to look at but I had no interest in taking it. I sped up my pace, holding about eight fireworks, and caught up with the player. "Hey!" I called, "you are dropping like fire hundred of these!" I held them up as the player turned around. It was a man who looked concerned and maybe just a little frightened. 

"Thank you so much!" He said and and gratefully accepted the heap of explosives. He turned to walk away before facing me again, with a weird look on his face. "You know what?" He asked, "I really won't sell all of these and you look so nice, so please accept this and use it tonight to show everyone in Aincrad that lovely outfit of yours." His hand reached out to mine and placed a firework inside of it, not letting me refuse, and then left. 

"Uh...Thanks!" I called after him and thought about his compliment for a moment. What I was wearing wasn't that special really. My usually down hair was pinned up into a messy bun. Lately, I really liked having my hair up because the black and white colors of my hair intertwined and made it look really cool in my opinion. Normally I wore my boots with literally everything but today I wore a pair of black pumps with small straps around each ankle. The black tights and black circle skirt were set off by the white knitted sweater. But, I internally thanked the man for the compliment anyways and stored the firework in my inventory for a later use. With that settled, I strode towards the town that glittered with excitement from the outside. 

The town of Taft was lively as ever as I stepped onto the stone floor. My heels clicked with every step, which made my presence known. I didn't care either way since it was rather loud. Everyone was gathered around every booth, making it certain that there would be profit tonight made by every player selling items here tonight. Everything looked the same as any other festival, so there was nothing new for me to explore. I guess I could say that it was a little boring seeing as though it was rather generic. Even so, it was to be a wonderful night. I wandered through the streets, stopping every once and a while to check something out, but kept moving. After a few impulse buys later I got into a less crowded area. Then, I saw a familiar face: Zelrius. Beside him was a white haired girl who was extremely familiar but I couldn't think of the name. It was a little strange to see him with someone else, and it even made me a little jealous. After leaving for so long he was choosing to spend his time with someone other than his fellow commandants? In my mind I was so confused, and even a little angry, but I smiled at him as I approached and waved. "Hey Zel, you here with your date?" I painfully teased, looking slightly downwards at Zelrius since I was wearing heels. "I'm Kiru, its nice to meet you." I extended my hand out to the white haired girl with a warm, yet icy, smile. 

"Whoa-ho!" Takao said as he looked over the settlement of Taft. The scene was a lot for him to take in at first glance, the festival was alive with activity. Having heard about the festival through the grapevine, the brunette decided it was as good a place as any to spend some time. He started down one of the many streets, and his eyes were immediately drawn to the dress of the NPCs. They were adorned in clothing much more traditional than Takao's own, who had shown up in what he'd taken to calling his 'civilian attire'. It was considerably more casual than the kimonos and haoris that the vast majority of non-player festival goers were dressed in. "Oh man, this is sick. I don't even know where to start." He said aloud, eyes darting from one side of the street to the other, examining the various tents and their innards as he passed, trying to find a good place to start his night-long excursion on the eleventh floor. The familiar perched atop his right shoulder was experiencing just as much of a sensory overload as the brunette, his golden eyes constantly refocusing on whatever seemed to draw their attention. "I'm thinkin' we find something to eat first, yeah?" He and his familiar exchanged a glance and nodded in agreement. A nice festive meal would be the perfect way to start the evening.

Baldur smiled as the pretty woman introduced herself as Opal Vice. An odd name, but he had once known a girl who had the nickname and surname of Vice. He gave her a polite smile and then a very American two-fingered casual salute, as a boyscout might. She was dressed to the nines; she expected to go out to a party and live it up. He, on the other hand, had dressed as he always had. Perhaps I should get more than one look. He did know some people wore multiple outfits, but he had just adopted this one recently... well... other than the coat and the sword.

"I'm Baldur, no titles or nicknames, just Baldur."

He smiled at her, hoping that his dorky grin would make her wise to his attempt at humor. When she inquired about his drink, he raised his left hand up high revealing the brown ceramic sake jug that looked like something straight out of an anime game... The comically large stopper had an ofuda plastered over it sealing the jar in and marking its contents as sacred. He had no idea what the intended effects of the beverage were, but he had liked the style and it suited his need. If the festival didn't come back next year, he may never know what it was supposed to do.

"This is <<Sacred Sake>> that I found here in the festival. It may sound silly, but I felt the need to get it for... " Badlur fell silent for a moment, as he considered what to say to a perfect stranger. He didn't want to be one of those people that just spilled their life story to every person that spoke with them. "some friends." His recovery was lackluster, and he was obviously avoiding talking about something, but he pressed on.

"I've never been much of a beer person, and the wine in this game just seems... off. I haven't found anything I really enjoy drinking here in Aincrad. Maybe that's why I'm always so thirsty." Baldur flashed her a casual, off hand smile at the thought of going years without drinking anything satisfying. "I've never even tried getting drunk in here... that seems like it would be a ... strange sensation."

What appears to be a lonely girl with bunny ears enters the scene of the festival clad in a long white shirt. The figure looks at the ground with sadness, and then walks to a tree but bumps into Takao, falling on the floor. "I-I'M SORRY!" Nonon bows and tells Takao that it is sorry. "I-It was rude of me t-to do that... I'm s-sorry sir!" Nonon then blushes and hastily walks away and goes back to what she was doing before, trying to find a pretty flower to turn into a pin since she heard of an NPC artisan who does such things.

The festival was lively with players and NPCs wearing traditional Japanese clothing. It reminded her about the real world, what she used to do. Somebody stuck out the most during the festival, it was a girl wearing bunny ears and didn't wear any pants appeared to be extremely shy. Phillia wasn't going to wear a kimono, they were somehow always too small or big to fit her, but at least she can see other people wearing them today. "Oh, that flower is pretty." She picked up a cherry blossom and didn't know what to do with it until she turned around and saw an NPC Artisan. Her looks were superior and so were her pins. "Wow! You're prettier than me!" She complimented the NPC Artisan and didn't know what happened next. Phillia then placed the cherry blossom in the NPC Artisan's hair and smiled. "There we go, now you look beautiful!" What happened next was unexpected, the NPC Artisan smiled and thanked Phillia, and then took the cherry blossom out of her hair and turned it into a hairpin. giving it to Phillia. "What? For me?" Phillia took it and thanked the NPC and put it in her hair. The hairpin really popped out since it was pink and her hair was a bluish-black color.

+1 Cherry Blossom Pin

Zandra blushed and smiled at Jomei when he said she was amazing in the komino. She looked in his eyes, yes, kept eye-contact with him. She had realy got stronger after that evning with a special vice-commander. Before that she would have looked down and quietly thanking for the compliment."You look realy good as well. Also, a reason it looks good is also because best best tailor in Aincrad had sew it for me. Actually, I plan to wear this from time to time. But only during special events like this. But enough about that."

Jomei grabbed her hand and answered the gesture."Sounds like a good idea." The couple started to slowly walk down one of the streets, looking at all the different players, foods, games, there was so much to look at. After awhile Jomei asked what she wanted to do."Me?" Alot of thoughts flew thru her mind."I'd like to try out all different japanese dishes. There is also this goldfishing game Ive only seen in mangas and animes." She continued saying alot of other stuffs as well until she remembered she wasnt the only one wanted to do things."Oh sorry. Well, most of all I want to try out that game when you fishing goldfihes with a tiny paper-racket. What do you wanna do?"

Edited by Zandra

Without disturbing the space between them, Opal leaned one arm over the bench and moved her body so that it looked towards the now introduced player as Baldur. She smiled, her red lips curving with a smile. She brought her hand up at and angle and lowered her head into it as she listened to what he spoke of the jug and this so called <<Sacred Sake>>, that was interesting he was able to find it at the festival, but she wasn't surprised as this being a japanese themed spring event. She would have to keep that in mind, but what was more compelling than that was the small story he gave a long with it.

The woman nodded, "Friends..." she muttered, "I think I understand for the most part. I am sure you are aware of it, the Monument of Life that is. Every once in awhile I visit it, the names scratched out with a line, former comrades...friends, family. I dedicate to them a toast that their lives were not lost in vain and I continue to fight in their honor until..." the woman paused and smiled once more, "Anyways, once I make my peace there, I visit the graves of those I knew who have fallen, and I reminisce over the memories of the days when they were alive and I give them flowers and I pour alcohol on the spot of their death. Even in the afterworld, no one should be denied a nice hard drink. This <<Sacred Sake>> I shall have to keep that in mind the next time I visit my friends," the woman carelessly swept the tendrils of platinum blond hair from her eyes.

She didn't intend to tell the man she just met so much as that, but perhaps knowing some of her past, he could find comfort in the words she expressed. Or she could have lost the meaning to his comment and was overthinking the situation. In that, she would be surely embarrassed. She cleared her throat and looked outward towards the people coming and going, "They all look happy. If I could, I would make their smiles last a lifetime in this game." Her own smile remained as she continued to relax with her new acquaintance. 

"Do you have any other plans besides just sitting around? You are a handsome guy, I am sure you could get your pick of any woman here and enjoy the rest of evening with someone more enjoyable as I. Stick around long enough, I am gonna ramble and when I am drinking...my vices come out in waves..." she laughed lightly and shook her head not meaning for that to sound creepy at all. 

A certain NPC caught his attention. A beautiful woman sitting under a cherry blossom tree in a traditional kimono. She was sitting and working with something, Macradon would approach to get a better look. She was making some kind of hair pins, Macradon was amazed on how delicate they were made, even though many of the other stands did look intriguing Macradon still wanted to comment on these hair pins. "They look beautiful" he would say to the woman who were making them "Could you make one for me?" he would ask. She nodded and pointed up at the tree above. It seemed like Macradon had to give her something to work with, which made sense as he was a blacksmith and needed materials to forge his items with. He would jump up and catch the biggest flower he could get a reach on and hand it over to the lady who would then begin to craft a hair pin for Macradon. It didn't take long for the skilled lady to finish up the hair piece and hand it over to Macradon. "Here you go" she would say with a soft tone and give it to Macradon. He would thank the lady and put the hair pin away or later use or a gift for someone on a later date. He would continue roaming around the town to see the different stands around.

Manta glanced around the festival as Zelrius spoke. However beautiful it was, it really wasnt anything that she hadn't seen before. She really didn't have much of a reason to stay anymore, so she looked back over at Zelrius. "I didn't have any plans for today either, besides wandering around here. If you have a place in mind, lead the way." She replied to him with a smile. She accepted the hair pin, blushing a little and attaching it to her hair on the left side. She would have to adjust it and change up her hairstyle a little later using it. She heard footsteps approaching, but chose to ignore them, assuming it to just be another player walking around the festival. That was, until she heard someone voice the question that she had been asking herself. She was unsure how to reply but turned to face the other player, glancing her up and down. She looked very familiar, perhaps someone who had bought a potion from her shop at one point? Regardless, she seemed to have come over for no other purpose than to be rude under the guise of politeness. Manta smiled back at her warmly and shook her hand firmly, all the while thinking about why so many cancerous scrubs were in this game. "I'm Manta, it's nice to meet you too." She said, her voice also projecting the warmth that her smile did. Even if she didn't feel it, she was going to do her best to be kind to everyone.

The blonde would wonder around familiar faces would but from that sea of people a simple couple drowned her attention, or at least that was the image that they're projecting toward the blonde. She stood there with a genuine happy smile on her face as she saw a ghost of the past... someone she thought retreated from active life as she didn't hear from 'them'. Yet he was here with another perhaps just a friend as their body language and relaxed attitude suggested. She recognized her as well, having seen her in a more recent time then him... though she changed her hair a bit and it suited her quite well, especially with that oriental dress. Ariel was about to unconsciously start walking towards the two when she heard a familiar voice. 

Waking up from her half-unresponsive state she looks to the side to see Hikoru extending his right arm in a gentlemanly manner. Seeing him adopt the proper position made the blonde slightly blush as well as she looked at him. She open her lightly crimson colored lips to reply, her voice gaining a sweet and seductive tone as she narrowed her silver eyes. "Took you long enough." She look at his attire, wanting to return the compliment but her keen aesthetic sense twitched as he apparently wore a casual outfit. "Thank you Hikoru." she continued, directing her gaze at his eyes. She leeched onto his extended arm with a soft giggle putting her left hand onto his shoulder as she whispered towards his ear: "I can't wait.... but first, let's get you into something more proper for a festival like this." 

Zelrius was fairly pleased with the day so far, and was even more happy when Manta agreed to go for a hang out, and even suggested that they do one on this particular day. "Alright, What are you comfortable with? There's hot springs out on the Fourth Floor, There's the Cathedral not to far from this location. Just depends what you're okay with," He wasn't sure exactly where Manta was willing to go or what she was willing to do. He began to walk off, pulling Manta along until he heard a familiar voice and froze. Instantly the golden haired boy tensed up and grew bright red. The last person he expected to run into here was Kiru, and he was hoping he'd go away from this place with Manta before running into anyone he knew. It took him a second, and he tried to gather a fake composure bowing lightly to Kiru, being overly Formal. "Afternoon there, Commandant. Lovely day for a Festival of this caliber." Her comment about date. He sighed and tried to play it cool. "I didn't arrive here with one, but I am hoping to leave here with one. With that, I should be off, Good seeing you Commandant. Vale." And with that he pulled Manta off and away from the Two-toned hair Commandant known as Kiru.

Manta let out a sigh of relief as Zelrius started to talk, politely excusing them and pulling her away from the awkward situation. At least she had gotten an answer. She followed him, unsure of where they were going, her mind on his earlier question. She wasn't comfortable with the hotsprings at all, even with Erin. On the other end, what would anyone do in a Cathedral? It seemed like he had just suggested two extremes. "I think i'd be more comfortable with the cathedral, but what do you even do at one?" She asked.

"Didn't like the hotsprings idea? Didn't think you would. The cathedral, There's a quiet ledge that rarely anyone goes up because it has a rent fee by the hour. No one up there, And the view from there out of the Stained glass over this Floor is absolutely great. If you don't like it, let me know, I can make a change of plans." He spoke now dragging her off by the hand toward the Cathedral, leaving the Festival and Kiru, absolutely hating himself for what he just did to the poor girl. "It appears I will not be going back to the Guild hall tonight," He remarked, more to himself than to anyone else.

Zelrius Exits thread.

Zero stretched when approaching Taft, the celebrations inside the town visible from a pretty good distance, and sighed not very willing to enter the now crowded settlement. The idea of going to a festival had managed to make him leave floor 5 and head all the way to Taft since he never went to one in the past, but the idea of going through crowded streets was acting as a repelling force. A slight breeze passed by forcing the platinum haired player to shudder slightly and adjust their coat, its faint burning wings keeping the cool air down. The player walked towards Taft’s entrance, though still away from anyone’s gaze, and gently tapped the necklace around their neck as they did, a faint flash covering their body before banishing and revealing a feminine figure. “At least now no one will figure out it’s me, makes this easier.” The transformed players walked into the town confidently, acting somewhat more social than before and began to go from stand to stand, looking at their wares.