[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

Macradon nodded as Kairi seemed experience in dancing at formal parties, Macradon wasn’t, he had only been to a small handful. “Aight, I’m most comfortable with just the classical Waltz” he said, taking in a deep breath as he would commence a small counting going “One, two, three, one two three …” and would raise his shoulders as he went “... one two three” and on three he would begin to take this first step. The only truly formal dance he knew was actually just the normal waltz, it was easy, covered a bit of ground and just continued in 3 steps all in all. As he looked down on his feet to make sure he stepped correctly, avoiding stepping on Kairi’s feet, Macradon would hum a small tune of a royal waltz from his real life. He would close his eyes and follow the flow of the movements and would then look up towards his dancing partner. He would chortle lightly as he would say “I hope this is sufficient enough”.

@Kairi

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She made a mistake, she did something wrong. As Saphira had asked Pin and Tsu, if they were a couple, something at Pin´s stature had changed. It took her a moment do notice it, and before she was able to say an apologize he walked fast out of the hall. And now ther was just Tsu left, saphira didn´t like the look of her eyes, she doesn´t want to know why she looked like that, but she was sure, theat she was one of the reasons. Tsu looked with angry eyes on Eatos and her, and kinda angry she asked why the two did ask this kind of question. Then she followed Pin outside. - I made a mistake, I didn´t want to hurt him or Tsu....But they looked a little bit like a couple. -
It felt like her body was ice, she didn´t really noticed the arraving of Hei and Fae, the princess of the new dawn, it just felt like a dream. As someone begun to sing a song, she wasn´t able to listen to it, sure it sounded good, but she couldn´t hear everything of it. saphira came back into the reality as Fae hugged her - Nice to see you too. - she said a little bit like a robot and patted Fae´s head. Slowly she begun to look around again, with big, shocked eyes, the voice who was singing stopped and she saw Hei coming closer to the little group. Saphira shooked her head, trying to clear her mind and to focus on the reality.
As Hei asked if he could bring some drinks she looked up - If you don´t mind I will come with you and bring some food, maybe Fae want something sweet. - She followed Hei and after some time of walking she had cleared her mind. While the short walk she looked once more around and saw a girl in some distance, which was trying to stay awake - Maybe I sould talk to her, to help her to not fall asleep. But what if I will hurt her? I already made one mistake today... - . She stopped as Hei begun to talk to a white haired boy - Is he the one who had sung? - she thought and looked at him.

@Hei@Fae@Illiure@Steel

"Hey Hestia so how do you find the event so far? Is this a first one for you, because it is for me." Kimi said trying to spark conversation. "The dress really does look great on you. Kinda wish i had one for myself like that, but i'm stuck with this." She said chuckling a bit. Kimi placed her hands behind he back and leaned in towards Hestia for a quick moment just to take a look at the intricate details of her dress. After inspecting it a little more now she looked down at Noodle who was also fashioning a nice tuxedo and tiny bandana like mask over his eyes. "What do you think Noodle?" Kimi asked her suave familiar. Noodle while standing just offered a little nod and what would perceived as a thumbs up. "He's super adorable isn't he." Kimi said giggling as she pat Noodles head.

@Hestia

Illiure started fumbling with her fingers to keep her mind busy, she was sort of kinda glad she came the ball. It gave her time to think to herself and relax, which is something she rarely does ever since the game started. She looked up from her fingers, couples laughing, groups cheering, people smiling. This was something she ever rarely saw in her life since the only emotions that were showed to her were disgust, or some form of it.

She looked back at her hands again and gave a weary smile. Certainly more cheery here than in the real world.. She thought, wish my life was like this.. 

Illiure went back to looking at the elegant design of the pillars and the ballroom and decided it was time she would actually do something. She lifted herself from the pillar and wobbly walking torwards where the food and drinks were. Halfway there she almost stumbled and feel on her face but she regained her balance in time, she gave an annoyed sigh and kept walking, her cheeks glaring under he velvet mask. I just made a fool of myself, such an idiot, idiot, idiot!

Edited by Illiure

Well i've never been to a ball, or masquerade like this before no. I say with a shake of my head. However, i did attend the halloween event though where i dressed up as the greek Goddess Hestia though. I say with a chuckle as i rub the back of my head with a smile. I know bad joke, but i had fun running with it do to my name. I say with a happy smile. At the dress comment i do blush slightly, but quickly forces it down as i look towards you. Well even if you are jealous of my dress i absolutely hate this type of clothing. Why do you think i never where any cutesy girl clothes like a skirt or something. I say with a nervous chuckle as i rub the back of my head. The only reason i forced myself to wear this thing because i felt it was a requirement type thing to go to this masquerade. So i decided to try and look my best to see if i can impress. I say in a slightly joking tone trying to hide my nervousness about that.

When you start moving in closure my face lights up in a blush as i try to stay where i am while you inspect my outfit. When you mention noodle and i see him i smile very happily. Awwwww Noodle is so cute in that little tux. I say with a big smile at seeing the cute little Shark doggo.

@Kimi

The arrival of Fae, in quite a unique fasion, well, Eatos hadn’t expected that so many members of her guild would arrive at this event. She knew it was Hei with Fae, she could recognise him even through the mask. She couldn’t not smile, after all, it was nice to see him giving this little piece of a dream to little Fae. Princess of the New Dawn. She smiled, at least someones childhood wasn’t being completely ruined by this game.

But, well, she had managed to ruin someone elses night as Pinball ran off and Tsu followed. She looked at Saphira with a guilty look, whopps? “I didn’t realize, that would end as badly as it did…” She let out a deep breath. Gods today was just falling apart? Little did she know the siniging was coming next, and, well, it was something. She wasn’t sure why a Player was singing given it would probably be an NPC to do it, but…Well, it was an event non-the-less. She smiled behind her wolf-mask up at the singer. He had courage, if nothing else.

Fae’s arrival forced, yet another, smile out of Eatos. The calling of her ‘mommy’ still left her somewhat taken aback, but she hugged the younger girl “I didn’t plan to come until the last minute so..But it’s nice to see you Fae” she said standing up. She even went and gave Hei a brief hug, thanking him under her breath for bringing Fae and giving her the grand entrance she wanted.

At the offer of a drink, Eatos nodded her head “I’ll come with you Hei, I’ve been sitting too long. I could use a little walk” she followed him, unaware he was intending to talk to the person who went up on stage. She frowned at the interactions, but stayed silent behind Hei as he talked to Steel. Fidgetting with her blue-hair, curling it around her index finger continually.

“T-that…was a good performance” she said softly to Steel, unaware of his name “The fact you, well, looked a little nervious yet performed, is impressive” She took a proper look at him now she was standing facing him. Much like her, he wore a suit but unlike her, his mask had a little bit of flare with its colors, while hers was just a plain black wolf mask. 

@Hei@Steel

Kairi had let out a giggle when he had said that he would be okay with the classical waltz, Kairi had smiled as he had made comments trying to signal when he should move, however Kairi didn't need to such a thing, when he would step she would as well, and she had moved exactly as she should as she was taught how to do formal dances growing up in a rich family. Kairi had seen him look down which she had only assumed that he was trying to make sure that he didn't step on any of her feet. Then he had eventually looked up to her and said that he had hoped that it was sufficient enough Kairi had said to him "You are doing fine, I have seen people do absolutely worse." she had smiled and as a joke he had poked a little fun saying "Also, was that my feet you were looking at or have you found something else on me you liked?" she had giggled playing fun at him with her whole large chest ordeal. However, she didn't mean to antagonize him, just poke fun.

@Macradon

Macradon averted his eyes at Kairi asked if it were indeed her feet he was looking at or it was something else he had in mind that he liked seeing. Having known someone making about the same kinds of jokes, Macradon smiled at Kairi with a confident answer “You’re making it sound like your feet is the only thing I like about you”. Thinking about it again, Macradon was way too sure it sounded cheesier than a mac ‘n’ cheese combined with a poutine. Kairi was a sweet girl, probably someone who could become quite the friend to hang out with, just like he did with Zandra back in the days. “It’s becoming quite the gathering, more people arriving fashionably later than everyone else, but who’s to blame, it’s a casual formal party, right?” he said with a smile to Kairi, addressing the fluctuation of when people arrived at the party.

@Kairi

Still being at the food table as I watch people socialize and such I chuckle lightly and picking up another cookie I start to munch on it slowly. As Marisa was looking around her gaze stops on another person walking over to the table and seeming to almost falling they right themselves and continue somewhat awkwardly over. Grabbing a couple more cookies from the platter Marisa walks over to her with a slight grin on her face. "Hey are ya alright ze? I saw you almost kiss the ground back there which woulda been a nasty experience... Probably." Seeming to think on that a second or two she then shrugs. "Anyways I'm just wonderin since I kinda noticed it. But do ya want a bit of help walkin over to the food table? Cause it's somewhat hard ta walk in heels if your not used to them." With that all said she sticks her hand out to Illiure. "Oh yeah. The names Marisa Kirisame, course I like just bein called Marisa."

@Illiure

Edited by The Black-White Human
Just addin their name at the bottom is all

Krysta blushed slightly, appreciating the compliments to her name and appearance. "Heehee...why thank you, Alex. I also think you look rather handsome and dashing." Someone announced the arrival of Fae, a player she had met earlier at a different holiday event. The setting of the place, although slightly cliché, was nice, and it began to seem more fairy tale when this happened. She smiled and waved to the little girl. "Hello, @Fae!" A player was brought up to the stage to sing, although it was eventually revealed that there was a mix-up afterwards. The song didn't exactly, completely match the kind of setting the event was in, but she appreciated the effort in improvising. Krysta looked around, noticing that things were starting to become more active. She looked at Vigilon. "Before we do anything else, do you think we should dance?" They had to look like a nice or cute couple if they were going to win. Besides, she wanted to dance anyway.

@Vigilon

Kairi had giggled when he had given her a confident answer, at least he was being honest about what he was going to say, which she had liked. He had looked to him with a smile "I didn't think you just liked my feet, at least you are being honest about it" she had let out a small giggle. She had looked at Macradon for a moment, even if he was wearing a mask he still had looked rather dashing, Kairi had smiled, she had thought that today was going to be a huge bust for her, however she had thoroughly enjoyed herself so far. Eventually he had spoke out saying that it had been quite the gathering, with people arriving fashionably later than everyone else, she had giggled and said "Well, I would guess a lot of people would want to look their very best, after all people could win a prize if they win." she had giggled, however as they had continued to dance, Kairi had just figured to ask since they had already been dancing and to prevent embarrassment "Say, you just want to be my date tonight? I think it would be a better idea to ask that way we can reply to people without embarrassment, plus I'd love to get to know you more." she had giggled.

@Macradon

Illiure's averted her eyes to the girl speaking to her and nodded. "Illiure," she said blankly. She gripped the side of the table and straightened her back. "I'm fine," she replied, "I wouldn't want my first kiss to be with the ground of a death game anyways," she said plainly with a shrug and went back to staring at the unordinary amount of people who showed up to the ball. Of course they showed up. they actually have someone to spend the time here with. She gave a heavy sigh and her  eyes went back to looking at Marisa, and then at her hand, and then back at Marisa, she reluctantly shook it and then slapped her hands back to her sides. "I'm not even hungry anymore, no thanks," she said her in her usual stoic tone.

"Wow... Nice that you could do that during Halloween. Not to sure what i would be wearing for a costume then, I've never really had a chance to go out in real life myself, but i make the best of what i got." Kimi said with a smile towards Hestia. "Well I think you look great in the dress. I've never was really given an opportunity to wear any, but now is a better time than any." Kimi said with a smile. As Kimi looked around she saw that Kairi was dancing with someone at the moment and thought to herself, "Well this is supposed to be a ball i suppose i should be dancing too." Kimi placed her hands in front of her before asking Hestia, "How would you like to go for a dance? I mean this is supposed to be a ball, and i don't wanna leave myself out of it." She said with a smile offering her hand to dance after. 

@Hestia

Not having her hand taken Marisa shrugs lightly before bringing it down. "Well it's nice ta meet ya. Also it may just be me but if the ground tasted sweet or somethin than I might give it a kiss or two. But that's just me." Giving a soft chuckle at that Marisa brings her other hand out from behind her and grabbing one of the two cookies out of it she starts to eat one. "Aww and I even brought ya a cookie as well since it looked like you were headin that way. Course I guess that just means I get ta eat two instead of one unless ya change your mind~" Saying that and seeming somewhat happy in either case Marisa would continue to nibble on the first one as she would also scan the room's occupants. After several more seconds she would speak up again. "It's just a guess since your not with anyone else right now. But I'm guessin that ya don't really know too many people here do ya? Well even if that's true or not I mainly just came here for the snacks myself, course if I happen ta meet a few people then that's just a bonus isin't it?" With the last part said Marisa gives Illiure a grin before going back to looking over the room.

@Illiure

I chuckle a little bit as a blush appears on my face as you compliment my dress as i feel my heart race ever so slightly for a moment before it quickly disappears. 'What..was that?' I think to myself in confusion as i quickly clear my mind to focus back on the girl in front of me. Well you look amazing also Kimi a true star within this ballroom. I say with a smile on my face hoping to get a reaction out of her just because of her having made me blush. At the mention of dancing though i do look out and see some tall person dancing with a very short but busty girl. 'Yep definitely Kairi.' I think to myself able to tell from how much i have spent with that girl to know her by sight at this point. At you suggesting to dance with me though my face blushed a bit more, but i do take your hand as i gaze towards you a bit timidly. Well if we do dance i might need you to take the lead since i don't know ballroom dancing just more so pop kind of dances you know? I say with a nervous chuckle hoping that at least one of us knows how to dance, so we don't end up tripping over each other during this whole thing.

@Kimi

"Nope," she replied with a simple shrug. "I don't think friends are relevant to this games situation," she said almost coldly while clenching her fists. No one should deserves to be I'm this situation. "I only came here so that I could relax, that's all," Illiure brought up her hand to adjust her crimson feathery mask. "I think I might've gone over the top especially since I'm not going with anyone here." She said pointing at her mask, she didn't want to even wear it. She just wanted to enjoy a day without worrying if she'll die in the next hour or the next few minutes. I just want to know that I'm actually safe. She thought sadly in her head.

She cupped her hands over each of her elbows and went back to staring at all the couples. So happy, it was like they were never trapped here, in this excuse for a world. Her gaze was sad but it was covered by the shadow of her mask, which she was relieved for. She tapped her fingers on her arm. After a few moments of not saying anything, Illiure replied. "You're right, they are just bonuses," she said in a dead voice.

@The Black-White Human

Edited by Illiure

"Ohhh no trust me i don't know a thing about dancing, but i just wanted to try it since it sounded like a lot of fun and also since i have you by my side." Kimi said in a low voice while smiling. "I pretty sure if we just move side so side while holding hands like in movies it would pass for dancing." She said chuckling a little bit. Kimi tried to remember the time she spent with her brothers back in the real world when she was helping them as a practice dancing partner for their prom. She took Hestia by the hand gently and walked towards the middle of the room where you dance, placed her hands on her hip and told Hestia, "Well i'm not sure where you would place your hands, but you can put place them around my neck." Kimi was blushing a bit as she did this and said in a low voice, "Don't think about the crowded too much. Its just us for now." Kimi just repeated what her brother said to himself when practicing dancing.

@Hestia

Pinball's mind was racing. He barely took notice of the rather formal acting man who greeted him. Too many things were happening, too many people were here, too many conflicting ideas and too many confusing emotions. He grit his teeth, clamping his eyes shut and slapping his hands against his head (or mask, rather). I made a mistake, coming here. He let his hands slide down his face. "Yeah, just friends," he agreed with an unhappy frown. She couldn't see his expressions behind the mask, but he was deeply sad. "Look, you should really find somebody else to hang out with. I'm not good with this type of thing, and this is... I appreciate what you're trying to do, but-" a click. All of his frustration welled up at once, and the normally timid boy snapped. "I'm not some charity case! I didn't ask for your help! Why do you care so much?!

Pinball froze. It all happened so fast. He was immediately punched in the gut with regret. She was just trying to be kind, he shouldn't be so harsh. His voice hoarse, he ripped his mask off, casting it aside. The item clattered against the floor, but was not fragile enough to break upon impact. "Why?" He stared at the floor for a moment, stuck in place. Unmoving, unthinking. On the verge of tears, to be quite honest. His fists balled up for a second... until they weren't. "I'm sorry. Just... I'm going to leave. I can't do this. I'm sorry. I really am." Pinball shoved his hands in his pockets, turning and walking off, his head held low. He didn't look back.

**Pinball leaves the thread**

@Froppy

She felt the familiar hold of Jomei's hand over hers as she was brought around in a small spin. The hems of her white dress and maroon skirt flared slightly with the motion, and Telrenya let out a shy, breathy chuckle as she turned back to face him. The first and only dance she'd shared with the Irishman was quick to come to mind--with music he had composed and recorded filling the bedroom of their Taft home, their novice waltz was a fond memory to say the least. She wasn't sure which feeling was stronger: the nervous embarrassment at the thought of dancing in such a large ballroom surrounded by so many people, or the longing to create another special memory with the man at her side through another dance in a more extravagant setting.

"A contest?" She echoed with curiosity at Jomei's mention, and she followed alongside him to approach an appropriately-dressed NPC. She smiled warmly, the expression soon turning to a short giggle with his playful attitude. Her hesitance faded with her date's gentle encouragement, and the blonde gave a nod as well. "Sure, that actually sounds fun. Does that give me a free pass to try and embarrass you more?" She teased.

[ Telrenya has entered the Best Couple Contest with Jomei ]

Moments later, the couple made their way to meet another. Despite all the masks and formal attire, Telrenya had an inkling of who the players underneath might be. As the brunette woman turned her attention on her, Telrenya took a second to absorb her words before a short laughter broke. She had brought up a free hand to cover her outburst, then bringing it back to her side to pinch at the fabric of her dress. One foot slid behind the other and she lowered into a small curtsy towards the players across from her. "Not at all. I'm Telrenya, or just Tel. Nice to meet you." The exposed half of her face smiled brightly.

I feel my cheeks heat up once more ever so slightly as i force it down once again. 'Why does this keep happening? Just make it through the night Ember. You know Kimi most likely doesn't have feelings for you beyond just a sister. You heard it yourself she sees the guild as a family.' I think to myself knowing what these feelings are, but wanting to ignore them entirely. Thinking it is just my mind playing tricks on me trying to look for someone when i don't need someone like that in my life always. Well it probably will be a lot easier with someone like you Kim instead of a total stranger. I say with a small chuckle as i follow you towards the dance floor with a smile making sure not to trip over my dress, but feeling very glad i'm not wearing heels. Not even understanding how other girls can wear those torture devices.

As we arrive at the dance floor i feel your hands on my hips as my posture goes slightly rigid in surprise at that, but i do follow your advice as i wrap my arms around your neck like you tell me to. Trusting that you know how to do this since it seems like you have experience with all of this. Just us? I say in a small voice as i blush, but continues to dance with you. Not finding it that difficult to put my arms around your neck since you are shorter then me by a few inches as i look into your eyes.

@Kimi