It have now been three months after the failed attempt
on Aincrad Trading Post’s guild hall. Where the four tree’s
of the season’s have been defeated by half a dozen
players. The Aincrad Trading Post have got its guild hall
repaired. Thou there was still cracks and battle marks on
the wall’s surrounding it. The battlefield was thru the power
of videogames, back to normal, a lovely green field with
some forests on the sides.

A quarter of a year of peacefulness. But it was gonna change.
There have been rumors about something is going to happen
in Ydalin Forest. Whispers about some strange kind of mob,
never seen before on that floor. Huge tracks leading from
The Vale of Ruin to Ydalin. Something was clearly going on. All
these signs have been spotted by info brokers, as well as new
NPC at the warp plaza. It is redhaired woman named Hannah
with a hawk on her shoulder. She is equipped with a bow and
judging from her clothes, she have been exploring the forest.
Anyone that talks to her will be informed that there is mystical
things happening in the Ydalin forest. She want to find out, but cant
get in there alone. She will soon head out on another expedition, but
she need help, she wont make it alone.

end of the timer, thread will change from an OP to a PP. At least
at the end of yourpost, you shall be on the plaza, ready to head
out. You are free to talk to Hannah and make up your own
replies. Let your creativity flow. She talks in
‘’Green.’’ At most
one character/person.

No buffs can be used. You dont have to post your stats since
they wont be used.

Timer have been extended until Monday GMT +1

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Zandra:

Spoiler

Zandra was heading towards the warp plaza to head to floor 23. The rumors about the strange things happening there may have some connection with the attack on the trading post. So she have decided to join forces with Hannah, and see what this new, mystic thing could be.

Edited by Zandra
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Too high up" Plini muttered, scanning the area of any quests that a simpleton could do. Should there be none, he will resort to the normal material gathering. It has been years since they were inside the game and Plini was sure enough that everyone has already adapted to the lifestyle. Everyone might wear medieval equipments but the HUD and UI that they use sort of ruins the immersion.

"Why did I even went too high? I was supposed to do some errands" he told himself. The plaza was lively enough not to bore him and add to the presence of a red-haired girl who is armed with a bow and a hawk with her "we can use ranged weapons like bows here?" he thought. Plini walked slowly as he tried to eavesdrop on what the woman was saying "something something weird mobs in the forest something something" Plini wasn't sure why no one would take her easily yet, to him it was an opportunity though.

He walked closer, his usual garb of looking like some kind of alchemist or herbalist was quite obvious "you need some assistance? I can lend a hand" he told her, to which the woman replied with a smile. "Hello and thank you, I am Hannah and for that, I'm gonna have to fill you in with the details."

"Weird things in the forest, you say?"  A figure in black emerged from the shadows, as if forcefully tugging them out into light.  They hissed and slithered beneath his dark clothing, annoyed by the disturbance to their slumber.  Covered from head to toe, save the lower half of a pale and featureless face poking out from beneath a charcoal-coloured wool cowl, a hint of red could just be seen below the brim - twinkling eyes with interest drawn by the woman's comments.  He looked like a scout, by manner of dress, though a stealthy assassin might work just as well.  No weapons were apparent as he approached, but even the NPC seemed wary.

"I make it my business to watch for such things within Ydalin's bounds.  What can you tell me?  And, is there any apparent connection to the Vale of Ruin?  I have interests there that deserve my attention."  His gaze lingered on the woman's bird as he assessed her appearance, weighing her worth and capabilities.  Sparing a glance over towards Plini, he nodded at the offer of help.  Was that acceptance?  Shouldn't that have been the NPCs' choice?  Maybe it was merely acknowledgement.

"If you intend to investigate, I will lend assistance.  You can call me Freyd."

Mari wasn't in the square - that was set right smack bang in the middle of a safe zone - and despite her having broken her oath to never set foot in one earlier - that was...under different circumstances. That was to help sort out Freyd - and Chaser - even if that 'help' was to slap Chaser across the face. But this? This didn't warrant Mari risking her life. It didn't warrant her running away from guards, nor the NPCs and other players running away from her.

So - then why? Why was Mari here? Lingering on the outskirts of town, hands wrapped up in her oversized scarf, cerulean eyes flicking between the main gates to the town and to the floor. Waiting for any sign of the group. Why bother? Why try helping people who probably didn't want any whiff of her? Especially when she was so tired. So very tired. Mari hid her fatigue well. Strangers, and acquaintances would narry notice how much weight she had carried - but those who were closer - would notice the bags under her eyes - how when she thought now one was looking her shoulders drooping. The downcast gaze and sighs of exhaustion. 

All things she did her best to hide - as she would plaster across her freckled face a faint smile. A small mantra 'I can do this' echoing in the chambers of her mind.

"Why..." the word fell from her parted lips. Why was she here? To save face? To help an acquaintance, or maybe - if she kept helping others- and pushing herself to her limits - she wouldn't have the time to focus on the trouble brewing within her.

yeh, that sounded about right.

"Oh, that gear is stunning." The words were out before Lessa could catch herself. Hopefully, no one stood close enough to catch the woman mumbling to herself. But the truth was, the NPC's leather and fur made Lessa more than a little jealous. And the cloak. Lessa reached back, giving her own a quick flourish. She really did have a thing for cloaks. Like socially acceptable capes.

Interest officially piqued, the Guardian strode closer. At once, two things caught her attention. First, the familiar form of Freyd, a player who had raided with her only a short time ago, and second, the NPC's statement about the forest. "Nice to see you again," she said by way of greeting, giving Freyd a quick wave of her hand. Though she turned to Hannah, she continued to address the other player. "I've walked by this place a dozen times, and never seen this particular NPC. Wonder if this is a random event. Seasonal, maybe?" Lessa hooked her thumbs in her crisscrossed belts, loosed a quick shrug. "Regardless, I don't have anything on my plate right now. Might be kind of fun."

Finally, she glanced toward the unfamiliar player standing near Hannah. "Pleasure to meet you. I'm Lessa. I'd also be up for helping out, if you need it."

"You're telling me there is weird shit in a forest? Well call me a white person in a horror movie. I'll explore the creepy mystical forest without a second thought." He smiled and gave a thumbs up to the NPC named Hannah. "Also I love your outfit. I wish archery was a thing in this game. Even though I'm lugging all of this around." He gestures to the modest amount of tank gear that he has on his body.

Spencer opens up his umbrella and uses it as a parasol as he looks around, noticing the three other players in the vicinity. "Oh, sorry if I was interrupting you three." He looks at the three players talking to Hannah about the strange event going on in the forest. "I'm assuming you three are going into the forest to hopefully Blair Witch it up a bit? If you don't mind I'd hope to accompany you all. I haven't been on this floor in a very long time, and I don't remember my way around the woods. Besides the traveling company would be pretty nice." He paused, thinking he was forgetting something. "Oh right. My name is Spencer by the way."

Noot, his penguin, walks up to Lessa and pokes her leg. Noot looks up and waves to her and waddles around her, just living life to the fullest.

Baldur had never been above ground on the 23rd floor. He had spent as little time on the floor as possible, actually, since the below ground floors were his least favorite, but since they had dispatched the Dark Council and ended the reign of tyranny on the floor, he had no reason to not scout the above ground section of it. It was then that he saw @Mari was lingering in the area as well. She had been off for a long time now. Partly that was his fault, but he had tried to handle that in the best way possible for her. Still, it hurt him to see her the way she had been lately.

He was looking for her when he found her and a strange NPC, bearing a bow, as well as a slowly growing gathering of other players. He made his way over to the orange frontliner, and gave her a shy, but friendly smile.

"Hey, what brings you out this way?"

Edited by Baldur

Thanks to an admittedly sketchy information broker, Ariel found about a certain new NPC that was looking to mount an expedition in the forest. The details were of less importance for her than the opportunity to scout ahead and on a later date bring a couple of her students to a higher floor and see how they fare. With her white furred familiar leading not 'the' but 'a' way inside the 23rd floor's setlement, she cast a glance over their surroundings. For now it was just her, well actually a small team of two as the white lioness currently sniffing the ground would certainly dislike not being counted in any activity her owner took part. She wore .a long pristine white cape with red accents and silver trims, reaching down to ground level. The kanji "Shirajishi-ryū" on the back showed her association with the newly founded school.

When her familiar came to an abrupt stop and turned towards her, the blonde changed her focus from the beautiful scenery to the players and NPCs around them. There were several players around the NPC that Ariel recognized and she'd first wave at a more armored lady, offering her a smile if she looked her way. She would then sit on nearby bench and revise the note she had received previously: 'An NPC with a bow' her eyebrows slightly raising at the weapon choice 'and a hawk pet' then softly smile at the companion of choice 'on the 23rd's X setlement, is recruiting players for an expedition in the woods.'

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Where would they be without her?

At first glance, without even looking into the specifics of this intel, she knew it wasn't worth her time. It was only upon the roll of the die, an unceremonious decision to pick at random which lucky soul would receive her blessings that Nian was delivered straight to the doorstep of the twenty third.

Warm, dark, humid. Certainly no place for a superior like her to roam about. With a chuff, she kept her breathing shallow. A raise of her cap when she noticed the crowd gathering was enough to indicate to her the right of her presence within the area.

An emperor is never late to the party. Rather, they brought the heart of it to them. Nian strode on up right by the position of her designated NPC -- if there was a crowd, she waded on past them, elbowing through the sea with barely a modicum of grace.

"Make way...!"

No looks of disgusts from her in public. When she made eye contact with Hannah, she declared her attendance with a shout and a wave. "You'll have my support today. Be thankful, commoner!!"

"Hey, what brings you out this way?"

"Mmm?" Mari turned her eyes from the entrance to the settlement to Baldur. Someone she wasn't expecting to see. The woman felt a strange sensation, a pang of pain in her chest, followed by a wave of relief to see the man. It had been some time since their last encounter - where they had gone off to find a giant fish in a great pun war, perhaps it had been too early then - she still had semblance of feelings for him them. Whatever those things were. It felt...easier now. Maybe because she was too tired, or maybe too numb. Or maybe she had finally gotten over her childish crush. Although no one could ever get over them C L A V I C L E S Recent events had left her battered and bruised and Mari began to feel like there was not much left of her to give tot he constant out-pour of those seeking aid. Still...

"Baldur." Mari said in reply as she did her best to offer him a smile. "It's..." Her eyes traveled from his hair; tied neatly above his head, down the length of his body. "You're handsome as always." Did she sound tired? Mari hoped not. The last person she wanted to worry was Baldur. A fellow guild leader, a friend. 

Mari closed her eyes and exhaled slowly as she crossed her arms over her chest. "There seems to be some sort of rumour going around about things in the forest - strange happenstances and whatnot." If Mari didn't sound tired before, she did now. "After the sundered spire...I just ...thought maybe.." Why was she here?

Why was she bothering? Did she think herself some kind of hero? Or that the players were that incompetant that they couldn't look after themselves? (Okay, that part was slightly true)

"-I'd better check it out and make sure things are safe. but Now I'm beginning to think it may not be a good idea for me to be so close to the settlement, and to the safe zone." 

A slight shake of her head as Mari released her arms to rest easy at her sides indicated that she was doing her best to push down those doubts and insecurities. It...really was good to see him again. Mari couldn't help but catch his gaze. Eyes as blue as the sky with a warmth as comforting as the sun. She wasn't surprised he was taken. Mari cleared her throat and averted her gaze back to the towns entrance. There seemed to be a small group of players forming - but it was too far into the safe zone for Mari to know if it were for an expedition, or if it were simply some sort of street market. "What brings you here, Shinsengumi?" Came her response, the words playful - yet missing the usual jovial air she'd add to them.

@Baldur

A risen storm still left an impression on her, her absolution and tact during still left a scar. This scar being a lingering sense of pride festering within her breast for a while, only gaining strength with her successes against the tide. Through common ground, through her given tasks the girl stumbles upon a maiden seeking aid. A growing mass and notably among them, a filthy animal.

From her high rise, held aloft in the canopy above as she looked over the drabble and insistent conversation. Ever eyeing the fold with a soft chill lingering in the air. Her signature, as she loomed beyond the peripheral with a predator like gaze fixated on the affair. Where this would lead was anyone's guess, but her intentions and motives would become painfully clear if the opportunity arose. Another wolf amongst the sheep, more then likely waiting for a chance to bear fangs and strike. Too many found complacency in those monikers, but she would not be dissuaded from culling the creatures from this world. One spray at a time.

For what reason could Koga possibly be on the Twenty Third Floor for? Half the mobs on this floor could probably chunk his health, and the bosses would surely kill him. To be completely honest, Koga wasn't completely sure himself. One minute he was chasing Okami, trying to get that damned wolf to give him back his sword, the next he was here, although Koga wasn't really sure where 'here' was either. The warp plaza on Floor Twenty Three, yes, but the man knew literally nothing about the place except he would die if he left the settlement.

"Gotcha!" Koga said as he finally caught up to his familiar and wrested his weapon from the canine's mouth. "The hell's your problem man?"

Instead of answering, Okami barked at something behind Koga. The man turned around to look, spying a small crowd of people surrounding a woman with...wait, was that a bow? "There's no archery in SAO...what the fuck?" the man muttered quietly to himself as he approached.

As Koga got closer he noticed at least one person he knew he recognized. Mostly because you don't really forget someone who looks exactly like you, just taller and scarier. "Freyd? You wouldn't happen to know why an NPC has a bow and arrow when there are no bows and arrows in Aincrad, do you?" the swordsman called to the man as he approached. "...Also, do you think they're lootable?" he added quietly.

It only took a moment more for Koga to realize the lack of a particularly annoying presence, and the man quickly scanned the area near his feet, where his Familiar was usually hanging around, "Okami? Where did you-" Koga didn't even need to finish asking the question as he heard the Wolf bark, quite happily at a woman he only vaguely recognized. "Okami! Relax boy!" the swordsman chided before turning to the woman, "Sorry, about that-uh...you...seem familiar, do I know you from somewhere?"

Edited by Koga

As the time to head out got closer, Hannah could see more and more players showing up. Almost a dozen of adventurers have showed up. The intention of the special event had been to scout the area and see what the source of the strangeness was. But with this amount of players, they would maybe be able to chase it away totally, and cleanse the forest of this evil. Exactly when the ingame clock turned from 12:59 to 13:00, Hannah took a smooth jump up on a rock, so everyone could see her, followed by the hawk letting out a loud cry to silence the group of adventurers.

‘’Hello there adventurers of Aincrad. Im grateful that you have showed up to help me in my search for this new threat that have appeared in Ydalin forest. My first plans was to find it out on my own, but since several other explorers that have done the same haven’t returned even now, after several weeks, I decided to call for help. And with the help of brave heroes like you, we shall find out what this is all about.’’ She stood in silence for a few seconds, scanning the crowd. Then her eyes stopped on Mari. ‘’Hi there Mari. Good to have you with us.’’ And after that she jumped down from the rock. To the left of the her the players could see there was several racks with different kinds of weapons. She walked up to the nearest one. ‘’Everyone, you don’t have worry about not bringing you own equipment, you free to take one of these.’’ She said and held out her arm towards the racks. The different weapons to be seen was swords, axes, warhammers and staffs.

Zandra saw more and more people joining the plaza, it turned out to be quite a large group actually, much bigger then the defenders of the guild hall. She saw Mari and took a few steps towards her and was just going to greet her as she spotted Baldur as he did just that. Zandra stopped and turned around, back to seeing if there was any other familiar faces. It was a few familiar ones, but no one she really new. Except the lioness. But she seemed to be having company already, so the berserk healer kept to herself. She listened to the scout NPC to try to pick up as much useful information as she could. She looked at the amount of different weapons and walked up to them. ‘’Staff?’’ she said to herself. ‘’It may have a connection to the attack. Or what do you say Zita?’’ she finished, throwing a glance at her kings eagle. Zandra started cheking out the other weapons as well, thinking about which one to pick.

Event info:

Spoiler

This is a special event hosted by me. Your tier dosent matter since your stats(skills, mods, gear, familiar or consumable) will be adjusted to be the same for everyone but you will still use the perma roller. When it comes to weapon and sword arts, you have some different options, but it wont be affected by your skills. Each weapon have three different attacks as well as special skill. You are free to name them and describe them how you want, this to encourage rp battle. But be realistic.

The different weapon choices is:

Sword:
Attack 1: Deal 8 damage on one target
Attack 2: Deal 3 damage on up to three targets
Attack 3: Deal 5 damage and paralyze on one target
Skill: Gives Fury to yourself and 5 other players for 2 turns

Axe:
Attack 1: Deal 6 damage on one target
Attack 2: Deal 5 damage on up to three targets
Attack 3: Deal 3 damage and paralyze on up to three targets
Skill: Gives Might to yourself and 5 other players for 2 turns

Warhammer:
Attack 1: Deal 6 damage and paralyze one target
Attack 2: Deal 4 damage and stun one target
Attack 3: Deal 2 damage and freeze one target
Skill: Gives Stability to yourself and 5 other players for 2 turns

Staff:
Attack 1: Deal 5 damage and paralyze one target
Attack 2: Deal 3 damage and paralyze up to three targets
Attack 3: Deal 1 damage and stun up to three targets
Skill: Gives Resistance to yourself and 5 other players for 2 turns

The weapons deals 1 damage on other players. If you hit another player its instant discualify (you need to aim at the player to hit them, no risk to hit them if you dont want to). 

You have 72 hours to choose your weapon. Timer

"Oh, hey Koga.  Good to see you."  The similarity between them was truly striking.  Hopefully it wouldn't cause the man any problems.  Freyd grasped him firmly on the shoulder and gave a quick nod of acknowledgement to bolster his words.  "NPCs get to break the rules, it seems.  They get magic, flight, bows, all the goodies that the system reserves for itself.   We get the McStabbies."  A sweep of his arm indicated the odd array of weaponry on the table.  "Oh, and wouldn't it be nice if they were all lootable?!"

"Seems rather basic.  Why are we using this stuff, instead of our own weapons?"  Red eyes squinted beneath a tilting charcoal cowl, suspecting duplicity.  It wouldn't be the first time a group of players were lured into a trap, baited by false promises.  Reaching for one of the swords, his default, Freyd paused, inches away from the nearest hilt.  "No... not today," he spoke softly, as if settling an old and outstanding debate.  Wandering to the rack at the far end of the camp and pulled forth a six-foot long staff of purpleheart wrapped tightly with leather at the mid-span grips and shod with black iron at either end.  The colouring and strength of the wood immediately caught his attention.

"Impractical," he simply said, then grabbed the staff and walked to rejoin the rest of the group, looking oddly comfortable with the unusual weapon in his hands.

Spotting Mari upon his return, he tapped the tip of the staff to his cowl in a casual salute, and offered a silent smile.  She would appreciate not having extra attention drawn, he suspected, and only vaguely recognized the man to whom she had been speaking.  Catching a wisp of frosty wind, his eyes shot wide by half a degree and caught side of the telltale signs of miniature, frozen death lingering in the trees.  His cowl shook 'no,' then returned its attention to Orange, considering the matter to be settled.

Freyd chooses: Staff.

He must've been drunk or not paying attention, all of a sudden the crowd got a bit bigger. Players of different levels gathered where he went and asked for details about an event or quest, whatevr it was for him and them "I didn't trigger any event right?" he told himself as soon as he got what he needed to hear. Another guy appeared and stated that it was his business to know things happening around Aincrad "a private investigator? or maybe he's just trying to pull an Indiana Jones theme" he thought. He nodded at him and turned his attention to the woman clad in armor, beautiful. Plini looked at her as if he saw a knight and nodded his head to her. He could've said something but that would have to be stopped as soon as players began pouring in again.

Another woman, looks like someone who can kick his ass if he said the wrong greeting, weird assumptions but that'll do for now. A samurai joined in and somehow he felt relief "someone with a cutting edge weapon, maybe that'll make things go easy on this" Plini then was startled but another. "Commoner? make way? Kuzco?" Plini took a few steps back, it seems she had a little charisma with her to make him do that or... he's just trying to avoid unnecessary attention. A guy who asked if there are weird shit in the forest, a woman who seemed troubled or awkward, and another who seem to know the one who investigates stuff. Lastly, a girl who seem to be someone who would survive any winter the game would throw at her.

Now the briefing began and that moment Plini sighed, they don't need their own weapons. He was expecting some awesome slash moves from the samurai but it seems they have to cooperate with Hannah for this to succeed. He picked up a staff, it's weight was right. He could probably use the blunt edge to bludgeon anyone or stun them. "Ok, time to do some monk-ish moves with this weapon" he told himself as he followed the group.

[Plini picked a staff]

Mishiro: I received a notification re: a follow-up to an event I participated in a few months ago.
Mishiro: Reading through it; this seems like something to your taste.

Andromeda: :0??

Mishiro: Can you investigate in my stead? 

Andromeda: :0!!
Andromeda: i'm getting ready now! please tell me more c:

Mishiro: Okay. I can't pass the quest to you directly, but if you head to F23's teleport plaza[--]

Oh. 

The teleport plaza.

Hidden behind a corner and a little out of breath after a pointless run to and from the Trading Post's guild hall (that wasn't even on this floor; none of you caught that pre-edit), Andromeda smacked a hand to her forehead. She stewed in her solitary embarrassment. So her eyes may have completely glazed through the cafe girl's messages out of sheer excitement -- but at least her current quest-giver, as it were, had been too busy to check on her whereabouts. Definitive evidence that the trip was still a few missteps away from being a complete flop. Uncertain, and a little red-faced, An peeked around the corner and found that the NPC had started up a little speech, a sizable number of players gathered around it like greedy children waiting for the Aincrad-equivalent of candy: intangible sprinkles of SP and maybe the larger unique drop.

(Little did our sweet summer child know, almost half of them were actually frontliners--)

She moved to the edge of the crowd and started to nudge her way into the inner circle. The NPC mentioned weapons, and all around her, she felt the attention shift. A glance to the offered lineup, and the girl's hands instantly went to tug her red wool cap down. No rapiers? Skepticism colored the scarlet gaze she turned back to the NPC"Um, you say you need our strength for your expedition, but we're much better at combat using our own weapons so..."

Two players lifted weapons from their neatly sorted racks.

"..."

Staffs (i.e. staffs that were completely blunt weapons and not staffs that were modified in some weird way to function as polearms) shouldn't even register as player-wielded weapons though--?

This was a little weird, but as more players began to step forward, An shook herself out of her inaction. She hovered in front of the weapon racks and briefly pondered over her choice.

So the system assist for [Sword Arts] probably won't work with a sword, but maybe the fighting style is at least similar to a rapier—

Selected Weapon: Sword.

-- And none of the weapons provided were anywhere near her expertise. Typical! Her subjects always liked to make things hard for the monarchy, didn't they? Hell, even some of the gathered were of the right mind and objecting fiercely to the huntress' demands.

What a dumb restriction! Nian had ought to leave by now.

Instead, the player grit her teeth and pulled out one of the Warhammers from their stack. It was heftier than the other blades and the sticks, very much similar to her own coat of arms had the quest not given it the shaft. Just as the crowd started to form a line, approaching the racks with an unbridled eagerness, the little emperor had managed to weasel her way out from the cluster with barely more than a glare and partial growl. Only when she'd cleared a fair distance away from the other participants did the woman start swinging her weapon in a trial of movements.

Sure enough, the weight of the world in her hands was more than enough to convince her she was in the right. Aside from her ever-glowing confidence in her instincts, of course.

Picking up [Warhammer].

If Koga wasn't so depressed at the rest of Freyd's words, he probably would've laughed, or at least chuckled at 'McStabbies'. Heh...McStabbies...Koga would have to remember that one for another day.

However, upon being reminded all the other fun stuff that NPCs got access to that Players (and the fact that the cool stuff just flat out wasn't lootable usually) didn't Koga let out a defeated sigh, "C'mon man, you're gonna make me more depressed than I already am if you keep sayin' stuff like that."

Koga fell silent as Hannah began to address the gathered group of player. It appeared everyone was slightly confused about Hannah's condition that they use weapons she brought due to them 'not having their own weapons with them'. Despite Koga holding his own in his arms.

Koga looked over to Freyd as the man pondered the very question of weaponry. "Beats me," the swordsman replied. Quite suddenly, Koga's own katana burst into blue pixels in his hands and in a panic, he opened up his inventory. 'Oh, god, please don't tell me the event destroyed it or something.!'

"Phew..." It was still there. Just grayed out and inaccessible for the time being. "Guess that answers that question," Koga said, partly to himself, and partly to his doppelganger.

A few moments later and it was about Koga's turn to choose a weapon. The man browsed the collection quickly, giving only the briefest glance to those weapons that didn't interest him.

One, however, stuck out to him.

A katana, with red ito wrapping and white rayskin. With a trembling hand, Koga reached out towards the weapon. 'There's no way...this shouldn't even exist anymore...' The man picked up the weapon and drew the blade. It couldn't be it, could it? Koga checked the weapon's name.

<<Sanguine Katana>>

It wasn't it. It wasn't Kiba. On second glance, it never could be. This katana lacked Kiba's distinctive straight edge. Koga wasn't sure if he was relieved or not.

Quickly slamming the blade back into it's scabbard the man walked away from the weapon rack, Sanguine in hand.

---

Koga chooses a Sword

Eyeing Mari rather intently as the rest of the common rabble twist and peel varied tools of paltry design from a rack. That chill is noticed from her concealment, her captain to which she did not expect. A call to hold? or perhaps this monster was another 'acceptable' one. The thought made her upper lip quiver and she swallows hard, pressing the chilled blade back fully into its saya and shutting off the cold.

She releases the handle, latching to the branch beneath her and dropping low with a tap. A careful gaze kept over her shoulder, she'd weigh this affair. Another opportunity to prove herself in the same fashion she expected upon first meeting the whisper. Reaching down through the droves of metal, some haphazardly slung about as others shifted them looking for something special amongst the rabble. Drawing a plain tool from the pile, a metal rod she opens her inventory. A broken blade still lingered within it.

A tap of them together broadcasts its image upon the other, as if she knew more than she let on. A mirrored version of the original that she could not keep, the first weapon that was shattered. All that was missing was the muck from floor 6

Sword Claimed ~Gemini's Blade~

Before she could hear Baldur's reply, a group came out, the one she had been waiting for.

Mari shifted her gaze very briefly over the group. "Didn't anyone else from the first attack come?" She asked @Zandra. Of all the people to be called out, Mari was genuinely surprised to hear that she was the only one who had listened. Perhaps she was the only one with enough free time. "mmmm...." She crossed scratched her cheek. This, felt odd. There were so many people here, and truth be told. Mari didn't like it. It made her uncomfortable. She could feel the judging stares.

"Should I..." Mari scratched the back of her head, "Should I ....go? I mean - you seem to have a full roster of people here, and..." her eyes briefly met that of a white haired girl, if looks could kill. Mari would be dead twice over. Despite Mari's offer she found herself following the group, well - trailing behind.  Being several steps behind the larger group. Another, @Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows had given her a small gesture, a wave. His harsh words were still fresh in his mind. The stark contrast between offering her  friendship only to spew vitriol in her face. Mari knew it was too much to expect such a genuine offer. He was right, it was her fault. It was who she was.

Monster

Mari returned his gesture with one of her own, lifting her hand to give him a small wave back before quickly grabbing her scarf, letting it disappear in the folds of the material.

Slowly, the orange haired PK'er watched the others pick their weapons of choice. Normally, Mari would pick a staff, but instead - she chose sword. "The weight of the axe bothered me last time." was her reasoning, not that anyone was listening to her.

-Mari takes a sword