[OP-F24] Valentines Tournament Arc Round 1 - Opening Ceremonies and Observer Thread

Star laughed. "I don't know if I'm that good, but if I can help then I'd love to."

He'd always been more of an explorer. Aincrad was a big place and he intended to see as much of it as he could before he left. Morningstar considered the idea of joining a raid boss fight. NIGHT obviously had experience with them; maybe he could ask her to show him the ropes some day.

Morningstar viewed idly as another match came to an end. NIGHT seemed to avoid—at least partially—his question. He didn't press, but he did appreciate her offer to watch out for his friends.

"It's okay," he crossed his arms, "I don't expect them to show up; this isn't really their scene. Thanks, though."

In his head, the swordsman counted the remaining fights. It seemed like it'd be a while before the first round came to an end. Star had noticed Hirru leave the dojo after his match and he wondered if the hunter had gone to look around Baldur's beautiful estate. He looked at NIGHT, the Valentine's Day theme making him feel a bit awkward.

"I'm going to take a walk," he gestured outside, "want to join me?"

@NIGHT

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some fight began to came to a close, fights that were definitely more exciting than his own.. less embarrassing for the loser as well. Jomei almost felt himself sink further into the woodwork he leaned on as he thought about that, head slightly cocking to the side. From the mat, after their fight with Koga had finished, Jomei watched as his blonde haired opponent stepped out and immediately separated themselves from the gathering crowd. 

Though from just a glance, Jomei was unfamiliar with the man. However, after previously peering at the tournament's brackets, he knew this to be Alkor. Not much was known about him, aside from his friendship with Lessa. According to what she had told him, she had mourned his death.. but it was obvious he stood before them alive and well. The Irishman never made it a fact to follow up on that curiosity with Lessa, but maybe he could prod Alkor to see what that was about. Something else inside of him compelled him to pushed from the wall and turn to follow the man, a want to speak with the man, though about what he could not place. 

Jomei is currently unavailable for a short while

Nari’s attention focused on Koga, she’ll barely notice the newcomer arriving to the conversation. Between her original encounter with him – something that would live in her mind forever – and what he had just said about her opponent had driven her awareness of everything going on around her away.

“Fight… as those everything depends on it…” Nari mumbled the words as she thought it over. Looking up into Koga’s eyes, Nari – with a determination in her eyes and an emotionless face – will say, “I understand. If that is how he fights, then I will certainly give it everything I have.”

Nodding to Koga, Nari will glance towards the other fights still continuing off in the distance, thinking over what the man had just told her. She knew before that she had to give it her all, but Koga’s words had her realizing that this was to become a fight to – well, not the death, but something close. She had to fight as though it was a fight to the death, and be prepared to give no ground at all.

@Koga @Astreya

Spoiler

Word Count: 178

At the response from Koga regarding the fact that she'd beaten Freyd, the young woman couldn't help but to beam a smile at the other.  "Better watch out!" she spoke, grinning a bit, but the cat-like grin faded into a smile after a moment as she shook her head.  "Nah, I'm pretty sure he was like, totally taking it easy on me.  He was just kinda, like, goofing off during the fight.  And I need to get him back because he totally, like, whacked me on the ass with his staff," the girl spoke, looking somewhere between both cross and amused at the thought of it all.  

However, as Koga turned his attention toward Nari, a new individual joined their conversation and Astreya turned, glancing toward Astralin with a smile on her face.  "Heyyyy!" she called back, waving at the other girl.  "With anyone?  Um. no, not really," the dark-haired girl spoke, shaking her head.  "But like, Nari's here!  Remember her from the party?  We played blackjack!" the girl cheered, grinning a bit toward her.

As Astralin indicated Yona however, Astreya glanced out over toward the arena, before she blinked.  "Oh yeah!  She got mad at Blueberry for her little, like, slimey pet eating all of the desserts that people brought.  Like mine!" Astreya spoke, seeming to not at all mind that her deserts had been eaten.  "Huh?" she asked, as Astralin continued.  "She was gonna get mad if she lost?  She seems, like, all right to me," the woman spoke, tilting her head to the side.

Her attention was drawn back to Koga as the man's tone suddenly changed starkly as he began to refer to Alkor.  Astreya blinked, looking at him.  She'd missed Koga's fight- she had been too busy having a good fun time with Freyd in the arena.  "So like... he's... kind of serious?" she asked, frowning.  "This is like, all for fun.  He like, knows that, right?" she asked, looking over at the brown-haired man, before it seemed like Nari took that information straight to her core.

"Yikes, Nari," she spoke, giving her friend a grin.  "No need to be so serious!  You guys need to, like, totally chill out.  This is all for a fun time.  No need to take it so seriously, y'know?"

@Koga @Astralin @Nari-Lanreth

Blue's questions would reveal nothing about the white-haired woman. She wasn't in the same group as Freyd and NIGHT, but it was definitely not a personality she had dealt with in the past. It was almost as if the woman was occupying and entirely different space than her. As it was, they weren't even on the same plane of existence. Crazy people were... well crazy. 

"I just feel like they're trying to have fun. Looks like a few are trying to prove themselves. Not sure bout' the whole 'resolve' thing. Who knows, maybe your eyes are better than mine or something." A little lost, the girl attempted at a compliment. The problem with new personality types, there was no prior information to fall back on. No clear path to earn their affection. 

"Lots of people like fruit, but I keep mine in desserts normally. Everyone tastes things differently, not everyone likes eating only desserts." A small giggle. "For some reason at least." Blue took the returned half of the cookie gingerly. Nobody have given any back in the past. Next, the girl would hand her an empty glass. 'Is she just sitting up here, pretending to drink things? She's completely lost it, hasn't she?' Blue's thoughts were kept internal. 

"Names are truth, and only one is the truth? So which is it?"

Blue frowned a second. "Well, Blueberry's the whole thing so I guess that one. Hey, what's your name anyway? You never told me, wouldn't be a fair trade of conversation if you don't tell me yours." The girl looked down, pondering into the empty glass. Maybe it was one of those tea leaf glasses that let you predict the future and the girl was predicting the outcome for betting purposes?

Astreya spoke of the other player in the conversation. "Yeah, we did, that's right!" She responded.

Astreya looked over to Yona, and spoke of...Yona getting upset at Blueberry... Astralin blinked several times. "Wait...you're telling me...that the 'dessert sabotage' that Yona asked me to fix was...a replacement done by Blueberry??" She asked. "That's...that's just wrong, on both ends!" Astralin could hardly believe what she just realized. "Yona should have handled the situation more calmly, they're just sweets. And Blueberry shouldn't have destroyed what was there to replace it all with only her own!"

Astreya was a bit confused over the fact that Yona was fine even though she couldn't possibly be. "Well....not exactly mad, per se, more like...panicked." Astralin remarked. "You see, we both made a um, particular little mishap that was not reading the fine print regarding the tournament's prize...We weren't exactly interested in becoming chosen prizes by someone we didn't know or trust, so we were gonna fight our hardest. She was an absolute emotional wreck when she realized it. She kind of claimed I was 'more at risk' than she was, and when I asked why, she kind of...well, how do I put this, um, aggressively complimented me? She seemed like she really took notice of...never mind, but she did kind of seem a bit envious to me, even though she flatly said she wasn't. She also seems to have some kind of...oh, how do I phrase this, some kind of anti-inferiority complex? She doesn't like to be 'conquered'." Astralin rambled, her hands moving in gestures as she spoke.

Koga and Nari spoke about fighting Alkor, who had defeated Koga in his match. Fighting like everything...depended on that moment, like it was life or death, kill or be killed. "Whoa...he sounds dangerous." Astralin remarked as she leaned back an inch or two. "I sure wouldn't want to fight him, then." She then looked back to Yona, before looking back to the three players. "Now that you mention it...Yona kind of seemed like she was fighting as if everything depended on it." She noted.

Looking back to Yona, Astralin was still confused as to why she was looking so calm. "Something's up..." She thought aloud. "Yona, what are you up to?"

@Koga @Astreya @Nari-Lanreth

Koga chuckled a little at the mention of Freyd not taking the competition too seriously. The man had his business side and his humorous one. Both tended to be on the extreme ends on the spectrum, but, somehow the man made it work, as far as Koga could tell. "Yeah, that sounds like him," Koga said with a laugh. "I'm sure you'll get him at some point or another."

The three, well, really two girls recounted some of the events of his Christmas party, to which Koga just kinda...sat there and listened. Sorta. His mind automatically began to flashback to Kasumi just appearing at his door. God, he hoped he didn't make too much a fool of himself in front of a literal crowd...

"That's a...strange way to put it," Koga replied to Astralin. Her friend seemed...eccentric. She'd appeared so at the Christmas shindig too, but at least she was consistent about it. "She knows the worst that happens if someone asks is that she just has to turn them down, right? Like its not that big of a deal." Seriously, did no one in this entire game have any chill whatsoever? Koga was starting to feel like a zen master compared to most of them, and that was saying something.

Astreya eventually drew his attention back to the subject of Alkor, and Nari's impending fight. "Yeah, he knows," Koga answered her," but...people like us, sometimes that's the only way we know how to do things." People like himself, Alkor, even NIGHT. They didn't know anything but to put their all into whatever it was they did. That was the only way they'd ever known to live.

"Eh, anyways, don't worry about it too much. Second rounds haven't started yet, you got time. Just focus on the fight and forget about the who and why and you'll be fine," he advised Nari.

Nari gave Koga a sidelong glance as he turned his attention back to her. She wasn’t sure what to make of all this – first he had explained how this Alkor was nearly impossible to face…then focus on the fight and not whom you were fighting? Then there was Astreya – Iris – whom she had…well, the girl had said that Nari was taking it too seriously, and that she needed to relax a bit.

Am I taking it too serious? It is just a fun fight after all…but what’s the point of engaging if you don’t give it everything you’ve got?’ Nari pondered their advice as the two turned to speak with others. It was so contradicting, to say that someone else would fight as though their life depended on it but that she shouldn’t do the same.

“I’ll…I’ll try to do that, then. Thanks, Koga. And, no hard feelings?” Nari directed towards the man before stepping aside in an attempt to hide behind Astreya somewhat.

‘I won’t be able to figure anything out until I’m in the ring, maybe I should just try and relax for now…’ Putting aside all the doubt and confusion, she turned her focus back to Astreya – who appeared to have been approached by someone else. Slinking in behind the younger girl, Nari decided she would wait to be introduced – if that did end up occurring.

Spoiler

Word Count: 229

꧁༺Lessa༻꧂

Lessa, The Violet Guardian
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 47
HP: 800/800
EN: 118/118

Stats:
Damage: 28
Mitigation: 142
Accuracy: 4
Battle Healing: 44
H.M.: 8
HLY: 8
REC: 8
THRNS: 72

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Arcael's Might (T4 THSS - DMG DMG DMG HLY)
Armor: Empress Armor (T4 HA - HM HM THNS THNS)
Misc: Neutron Star Necklace (T4 TRINKET - ACC ACC REC REC)

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Straight Sword R5
Heavy Armor R5
Battle Healing R5
Energist
Fighting Spirit
Charge

Active Mods:
Impetus
Emergency Recovery
Justified Riposte

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Iron Skin
Ferocity
Stamina

Active Extra Skills:
Parry
Survival

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal x5
Mass HP Recovery Crystal x2

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:
Helping Hand: Lowest-leveled guild member receives +10 bonus Exp at the end of the thread. At least half of the thread's participants must be guild members. Limit one use per month, per character. [1/1]

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

//i.ibb.co/JkxXyt1/rsz-b001.jpg

"Right over left, or left over right?"

Lessa stared at her reflection in the mirror, each hand gripping a panel of her floral Kimono. A pained expression stained her face, still faintly flushed from her earlier duel. Perhaps the woman should be feeling a little more celebratory after a victory. Or, at the very least, already socializing with the other patrons in Baldur's immaculate home. Instead, she had hidden away in a distant corridor, exposed to potential passerbys as she stood before the ornate mirror. Well not exposed exposed. In preparation for her visit to Baldur's estate, Lessa had spent hours conducting research on Japanese etiquette. She had even had a tailor crafter her a juban to wear beneath her kimono. Not that Baldur would be worried about her undergarments (right?), but she would feel better knowing she was being as respectful as possible. Except the underwear. She drew the line at going commando in a room full of people.

Gritting her teeth, Lessa shifted the fabric, alternating one side over the other. "One is correct," she muttered, "and one is a serious insult. One is for living people, and one is for dead people. Right over left? Left over right? Left over ri-" Like the sun emerging from the clouds, Lessa's entire face brightened. "Leftover rice!" That was what the tailor had told her. A handy way to remember the panels is leftover rice, or left over right.

Brimming with new-found assuredness, Lessa draped herself correctly in the light blue silk. It was a full ten minutes before she managed to secure the accessories, and despite her best efforts, the entire getup was slightly askew. But she had done her damnedest, and if a crooked kimono was a ticket to Hell, she was likely bound for the fiery pits anyway.

Tucking a comb into her slightly-sweat-slicked hair, Lessa rolled her shoulders, drew a deep breath, and made her way into the heart of the party.

Most of the competitors still wore their dueling gear, and while she had expected this, it drove her anxiety through the roof. Suddenly feeling like she stood beneath a spotlight, she shuffled her way toward the refreshment table. Impress Baldur, she thought to herself, but run the risk of looking like an idiot. Or not even run the risk - just look like an idiot. Impress Baldur with your idiotiness. Idiotism. Idiocy? Not ideocracy, that's a government...

That sharp gaze still fixated focused down on fighters, still battling it out with tenacity. "Fun, or testing their mettle? Testing their strengths and their reliance. They aspire hope in one another, understand one another far better than any conversation could ever convey." As she lifted that empty cup with an index and thumb, she'd move it to her lips again, as if pretending something was there.

"What of you?" The woman looked over as if expectant of some answer, a bit of almost a mischievousness to her tone. "Could you stand with them? Fight in that mixture of blood and sweat." A glint of silver scatters across a sapphire eye, as her attention moves back to the matches as they unfold. "My name is not yet important, as it has yet to be heard by some." Scooping another cookie out of the girl's bag, snapping it in two and finding one more partial to the other.

Behind her, it's set, and the woman leans uncomfortably close. "Not yet, but perhaps soon. Or perhaps not." A pure white light casts her vision, as if it could see through all. Some skill presumably. "Time will tell, Fate continues ever forward." If Blueberry moved for her half of the cookie, instead she'd find but a single petal of a cherry blossom tree. A trade?

The white-haired woman turned to her with an expectant gaze as she spoke her question. The tone of voice had an uncanny hunger to it. "Nuh uh. Sorry, I don't fight. I can cook though." Holding out her hand, a small blue light would gather in her before a small blueberry would form. "I can also heal people like this. I don't do anything else." Just the idea of fighting made her a little nauseous. What if she hurt them?

The woman for some reason was unwilling to give her name up. This... bothered the pink haired player a bit. "Come on, wasn't it you that said names 'are truth'? Does that mean you're lying to me now? Not very nice." She watched as the unnamed woman grabbed another cookie and broke it in half. Did she just enjoy sharing or was she trying to be polite? It was hard to read the girl. She nothing like anyone she had experienced before. What was the way to act to break through? How could she even be friends with the girl if she was unwilling to give her name even?

@Snow

His eyes continued to scan the participants and their combat movements. There was most certainly a cast array of differing arts on display, some proving to make interesting matchups. It seemed like there was much he could gleam from the bouts. He gave a calm laugh at Snow's comment, referring to the first time they ever interacted "Heh, if only that were the case. Everyone is on the same playing field with these duels, so in the end I was merely lacking the skill. If anything, it probably just goes to show my in-game abilities have been serving somewhat like a crutch. Probably once this little event is over, I'll start working on getting myself back up to snuff again."

The bluenette's focus paused for a moment as the young woman addressed him, suggesting he take a seat while also offering tea as a refreshment, "Oh, that would be nice. Did you need a hand? I know everyone's been busy with keeping people entertained and satiated, so since I'm out of the running I can lend my assistance if it would help."

Snow shook her head.

I doubt it had to do with your skills,” she replied to @Calrex. “Those aren’t in question. If anything, it has to do with your movements versus your foe’s. You’re leagues above myself, but that doesn’t mean you’re invincible nor can you predict the unpredictable.

The blonde cast her eyes to the floor for a moment. The words that left her lips took to the air with a personal weight. She looked back up to him with an ounce of cheer missing from her eyes.

But you know that every time you and the others face a floor boss.

The air soured from Snow’s rough interjection of reality into the lightness of the festivities. She straightened her posture, lifted her chin, and resumed a smile.

Tea,” she stated. “If you’d like to help, follow me. I could use another pair of arms to carry the sets.

Without further pause, Snow bowed to @Baldur and dismissed herself toward the guild kitchen where @Cordelia slaved away to make all the ramen for the day. The rich aroma of handmade stock and tonkotsu pork thickened the air as she approached. She offered a nod to Baldur’s protege as she slipped past to the several sets of cast iron kettles and ceramic cups. With hot water already prepared thanks to Cordelia’s labors, Snow ceremoniously prepped the tea. She took extra care to hold her sleeves as to not get them wet with tea or water.

Once prepped, she set hot kettles filled with the brew of loose green tea leaves and stacks of traditional ceramic cups on two trays— one for Calrex, the other for her.

All set,” she remarked. She lifted one and presented it to the partially clothed bluenette. “Here you go. Just make some rounds and see if anyone needs some tea. It’d be a good way for you to introduce yourself to some of the other contestants. Maybe you’ll find a sparring partner for the evening.

Snow chuckled. She knew how much time Calrex spent in the dojo and how much he would not turn down the opportunity to spar.

Edited by Snow

"Right!?" Astreya responded to Astralin, the two more upbeat girls seemingly being able to keep up with talking a mile an hour with one another.  "Yona like, totally flipped out about it.  I thought she was going to blow a gasket.  But like, the desserts I brought were honestly kinda bad in comparison, so like, that was kind of a net win.  Shame about the other ones though," the girl spoke, giving a small sound of disappointment.  "But like, yeah, they almost got into it for a second, and then like, you showed up with more desserts to save the day!" she cheered.

At Astralin's words, Astreya gave a small sound as she continued about the 'being a prize' for someone else.  "But like, it's not a slave thing," she began, before Koga noted as well that they could just decline, and she gestured toward Koga.  "It's not like a 'you gotta do what they say' or anything.  It's just like, a date.  Have some dinner and chat with someone, like, have fun!  Maybe I'll nab Yona then if I, like, make it to the winner's circle," she spoke, giving a slightly mischievous grin to the blonde girl.  

"Ooh, ooh!" she spoke on the heels of Astralin's words regarding Alkor.  "Maybe I could ask Alkor!  You think he'd give it all in a date?" she asked, tilting her head from one side to the other as she considered it.  Internally, however, Astreya was trying to see if she could figure out Astralin's style without coming out directly and asking about the fight she'd had with Calrex.  She seemed light on her feet and quick, and with how big Calrex was, it had definitely been a matter of speed beating strength.  

But as Koga began to respond, she watched him, not letting the sunny smile drop from her features.  He was talking about a serious topic, but all the same, Astreya couldn't let herself show any of that negativity.  If she let it showed on her features, the others might see her as having those negative thoughts as well- and she couldn't help but think that would make people unhappy with her.  She had to keep the bright disposition on the outside, otherwise it threatened to ruin what she'd built.  "Well, like, having that much focus and dedication on something is like, totally awesome," the girl responded, bouncing a little in place.

"I'm like, all over the place all the time," she continued with a little laugh.  "Comes with being a scatter-brain, I guess!" She didn't really want things to have any sort of negative pall in the air- she'd just wanted to help Nari get some advice.  "But like, I'm just here to have some fun, y'know?" she cheered, the sunny smile still present on her features as she clasped her hands just before her in her excitement.

Hearing that a few more of the matches had finished, the hunter would give a slight grin before looking back to the pond.  He was still sitting in the back of the dojo, so all he could hear was the cheers, and the sound of the water flowing along.  He still wasn't good with socializing, but the last party they all had helped him a little bit.  He wasn't as boisterous as Mack and as fun loving as Mac.  He couldn't talk to a crowd anymore, without the guidance of Baldur.  He couldn't understand the world around him anymore.

Though, this activity, although he had taken it to improve his appraisal abilities, has brought him more peace of mind than any other.  This was his space, his world where all that mattered was him and the water's surface.  Although, there may have been nothing coming up, it was fine.  Hirru could wait, for as long as he wanted to.

That being said, he did wonder if he could get a few others to join him.  It would be a nice change of pace, but there was one problem.  Who did he know that could fish, as well?

Spoiler

Fishing Exp: 92

Rank 2 - Journeyman Angler: Successfully fish up a material on a CD 7+. Critical catch a treasure chest on a LD 11+

Practiced Angler: +2 EXP & +1 LD & CD to attempts

[ID: 203549] [CD: 2+1=3] [LD: 9+1=10]  | Nothing 3+2= 5 Exp

New Exp Total: 97 EXP

Edited by Hirru

A walk did sound nice. Especially around a plot of land as grand as Baldur's -- the last time she'd been here, NIGHT had been confined to several meeting rooms. Also, the haori tradition on this island.

On the other hand, she didn't want to get lost on the isle. NIGHT shook her head at Star's offer, releasing an exhale. "My round's starting soon. I'd give it a moment before leaving the vicinity. I heard it's against another veteran, so I'm not looking forward to it." She needed time to steel her nerves than maintain a steady adrenaline train.

The player nodded towards one of the exits of the room, however. "Let me know if you find anything interesting. Though, I think there're some rooms for helpers in here. As long as you don't wander into them, you should be good." She paused, thinking, before giving the man a shrug. "Don't know where those are, however..."

Morningstar returned a smile. "Thanks for the tip. Maybe we'll get the chance to fight later."

He waved lazily, heading towards the exit she'd gestured to. Honestly, he almost felt disappointed that NIGHT wasn't joining him. But he understood. The first round would be ending soon—why risk missing the next? Besides, some time alone to clear his head seemed like an opportunity to prepare for his own match. At this point, it was hard to tell who he'd fight. He wasn't worried.

The sun was high, although it felt like he'd been there for an eternity. Star wandered away from the dojo, staying close enough to hear Baldur's announcements. The water surrounding the various buildings was calm. From the stone walkway, he stared down at his reflection. He wondered what Lexa would have thought of the tournament. She would have competed—he had no doubt. Star smiled at the thought, taking a seat in front of the still water. He dipped his fingers in, the cool pond engulfing them. Birds chirped from somewhere in the distance. It was peaceful, although he felt a bit melancholic.

Perhaps it was the exhaustion from his first match bringing it all back. It was more likely the fact that the anniversary of Lexa's death was on it's way. It'd been nearly a year and he still experienced the sudden waves of emotion.

If only he could be like the water, calm and steady.

Star had met friends and they had helped him through his endeavors, but it was the time he spent alone that felt the hardest. He explored less, afraid of repeating old mistakes. He trusted less, leaving no room for others to disappear from his life. He thought less, avoiding the experience of grief and mourning.

Maybe he was wrong. He felt wrong. Star removed his hand from the pond, drops of water falling to his kimono and the stone below him. This was the first time he'd thought about how he felt in a long time. A bird landed next to him, meeting his eyes for a moment before scanning and pecking at the ground.

"Sorry," his tone was quiet and hushed, "I wish I had some food for you."

The bird's sudden arrival changed his expression. It was a pretty creature. It's back was azure blue while it's underside was half red and half white. He recognized it: an eastern bluebird. The bluebirds lived somewhere deep in his childhood memories, although he wasn't sure where specifically. Maybe he'd seen them while visiting a relative or during one of many poorly-planned vacations in the east of the United States. He reminisced, his eyes gently fixed on the bird.

Star wondered if his parents kept his old bird book. He'd have to go looking for it when he could.

"Oh right sure thing."

Following the blonde into the guild's kitchen area, greeted with the smell of ramen broth. If he was being honest, just the scent alone was enough to whet his virtual appetite, "Really glad @Cordeliawas able to put all of this together. If there's any left over I might have to help myself to some as a late night snack, heh."

A bead of sweat formed on the side of Calrex's head for a moment as @Snow immediately took to assembling a tray and handing it to him, the bluenette giving a nod, "Roger that, I'll see about making the rounds."

He gave a calm smile before making his way back out into the gathering area, giving a small sigh to re-center himself, "Okay...so...go and see if people needed more tea...the question is where to start..."

His eyes scanned across the groups. Some people seemed to excuse themselves, excluding them from potential people to approach, "Well, guess that really makes things simple then?"

Walking over to a group ( @Astralin @Koga @Nari-Lanreth @Astreya) He gave a small nod, "Hope you guys are enjoying the festivities so far. Were any of you in need of some refreshments? I've got some tea here if you'd like, still nice and hot."

-- After thread with Alkor--

"I should probably return this to Baldur.." Jomei said to himself as he eyed the finely crafted, wooden sword that he held across the palms of his hands. Rather than shoving the sword back into the cloth belt of his hakama for show, he allowed to bokken to retreat into his inventory, vanishing from his hands with a flash of white light. A slightly defeated sigh eased through his slightly parted lips, "Probably not going to need it anyway" his voice defeated, but not discouraged. Retrieving his green cloak from his inventory, he allowed the garment to fall over his shoulders, before unclasping the enclosure at the neck so it would sit more like a robe, attributing more to the traditional attire with his own signature flare. 

The conglomeration of sounds coming from the central dojo became more distinguishable as he approached. The clashing of wooden weapons, unseen behind shoji panel walls, mostly masked by cheering and clapping for the remaining combatants. Conversations happening all around, from those watching the fights, to those standing off to the side recovering from their own bouts. He wondered who came out victorious while he was off chasing Alkor. 

A curious brow rose as he looked around, seeing who was still there, and who had stepped out of the dojo sine he had left. Hands reaching behind the back of his head, his fingers fumbled as they pulled the band that held his tuft of hair free. A fiery waterfall of ginger strands fell across the sides of his head and in front of his face, his right hand running through his bangs and pushing them atop his head to tousle and bunch them into their normal, over-the-eye position as he would let them fall back into place. 

Everyone but the violet eyed girl, Nari, had something to say to Astralin in response to her words. Speaking of Nari, she seemed to be hiding behind Astreya. Poor thing must have been shy. Astralin gave her a short wave and a smile, but nothing more if she wasn't in the mood for conversation.

Astreya gave her thoughts about what happened at the Christmas Party. "Yeah, at least everything turned out alright."

Both Astreya and Koga were confused when Astralin explained why Yona should have been panicking right now. "Hmm, I'm not sure...maybe she's just considering the worst-case scenarios and just not feeling prepared?" Astralin asked, realizing she was just as confused. "Oh, like a sort of 'friendship' date? I mean, I can't deny the possibility, I've just never heard of it. In that case, the worst I'd possibly have to worry about is if the other took it the wrong way...hmm, maybe that's part of what Yona's worried about, not that it matters at this point." She said in response to Astreya's words. Astreya then considered the possibility of selecting Yona if she wins. Astralin laughed. "Good luck trying." She began. "If Yona's thought process is what I think it is, you might not get anywhere with her...then again, I'm not actually sure what Yona's preference is...It's not like I've known her for that long...besides, someone would have to beat me in order for you to win. I may be fighting with honor in this tournament, but I don't exactly go easy against others on purpose." She explained. "I'm normally not one to boast, I'm just saying my opponents will be in for a rough fight." She added with a shrug. Astreya then considered choosing Alkor as the date. "Wait, didn't we just cover that he's dangerous?" Astralin asked, somewhat worried for her friend's safety. Koga spoke some more, Astreya then added her thoughts to those words, and also remarked that she was a bit of a scatterbrain. "It's totally fine, just be sure not to spread yourself too thin...tried that once, not fun." Astralin chimed in, giving a mild sigh at the end. Astreya then noted she just wanted to have fun in the tournament. "Yeah! That's why I came in the first place, to have a fun challenge and test myself, to see how far I've come!" Astralin beamed. "I may have won in the first round, but I can't rest on my laurels yet!" She added.

Calrex, who Astralin had defeated earlier, came around to offer tea to the players. Astralin appreciated the offer...but she wasn't that much of a tea person. "I'm good, but thanks for offering!" She answered, declining politely. "You were a great sparring partner, by the way!" She remarked.

@Nari-Lanreth @Koga @Astreya @Calrex