[F1] Catfish Sundries (<<R5 Merchant>> & General Store) (closed for renovations)

Piers entered the shop planning to spend his newly earned COL. All of it. For a good reason of course.

"2 healing potions, please."

804 - 800 = 4 COL

He pushed his glasses up before leaning against a nearby wall after hearing the merchant's answer to await his order.

Baldur looked up from stocking his shelves and smiled at the new face. "Welcome to Catfish Forge and Sundries!" The man asked for healing potions, so Baldur made them available to him.

"Thank you and please come again!"

He then made a note in his ledger.

+0 Col gained

+2XP

Skylar was in a bit f a rush and did not have that much time to begin with. He wanted to get to work be he heard having an instrument while singing makes the crystals better. He browsed the instruments until he found what he was looking for. A standard guitar that would help him with singing. He quickly stopped by the register to drop of the required Col before leaving to his own shop.

+1 Guitar (+1 CD)

-1050 Col

Baldur was very happy to see an aspiring musician come into his shop and purchase a guitar. "You'll have to come by and let me hear you play it sometime!" He smiled and waved farewell as the customer rushed out of the store.

"Break a leg!"

+50 Col

+1 XP

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reu walked into Catfish Sundries, taking a look around, he knew what he had come for. He had recently upgraded his sword, and was now looking for either armor, or accessories. Slowly perusing Baldur's wares, Reu's hands picked up, poked, swung, and prodded anything he could find. The merchant clearly had a wide selection of goods. As he continued looking through the stores shelves, he looked up at the front of the store. There, behind the counter, was a basket of crystals. The sign underneath read 'Healing Potions - 400 Col'. Even though Reu wanted to be stronger as quickly as possible, he knew that if he didn't fork over money now for healing potions, then he would be out in the wilderness and need them. He had after all, nearly died to a small bat on one of his first entries into the steel mines. The thought of dying alone, in the blackness of those caves, sent a chill down his spine. Reu knew he needed to make a smart decision right now, and try and prepare early...

Reu walked up to the counter. "Mr. Baldur, I'll take one healing potion please."

400 - 400 = 0.

Calrex made his way once again into the Catfish Sundries. After his previous quests, he felt he needed another potion, just in case things got hairy. Now that he knew where the potions were kept he was easily able to navigate the waves of crowds to the counter, "Hello again! I just need one more healing potion please."

-400 Col

+1 Healing Potion

After making the exchange he gave a wave to the man behind the counter before setting off, "Thanks again!"

Reu walked into Catfish Sundries, taking a look around, he knew what he had come for. He had recently upgraded his sword, and was now looking for either armor, or accessories. Slowly perusing Baldur's wares, Reu's hands picked up, poked, swung, and prodded anything he could find. The merchant clearly had a wide selection of goods. As he continued looking through the stores shelves, he looked up at the front of the store. There, behind the counter, was a basket of crystals. The sign underneath read 'Healing Potions - 400 Col'. Even though Reu wanted to be stronger as quickly as possible, he knew that if he didn't fork over money now for healing potions, then he would be out in the wilderness and need them. He had after all, nearly died to a small bat on one of his first entries into the steel mines. The thought of dying alone, in the blackness of those caves, sent a chill down his spine. Reu knew he needed to make a smart decision right now, and try and prepare early...

Reu walked up to the counter. "Mr. Baldur, I'll take one healing potion please."

400 - 400 = 0.

"Thank you and please come again!" Baldur smiled and waved to the newcomer. He had hoped the player would choose a health potion rather than another piece of gear, since it was one of the most valuable items you could get at low levels. If he could have afforded to, he'd have handed them out like candy to new players.

Baldur then made a note in his ledger.

+0 Col gained

+1 XP

Calrex made his way once again into the Catfish Sundries. After his previous quests, he felt he needed another potion, just in case things got hairy. Now that he knew where the potions were kept he was easily able to navigate the waves of crowds to the counter, "Hello again! I just need one more healing potion please."

-400 Col

+1 Healing Potion

After making the exchange he gave a wave to the man behind the counter before setting off, "Thanks again!"

Baldur waved when he saw Calrex come into his shop again. He always enjoyed seeing returning faces.

"Be safe out there!" Baldur called after Calrex as he left with a healing potion.

He then made a note in his ledger

+0 Col

+1 XP

Opening the door, Teayre sees the smiling face of Baldur. With a nervous smile and a wave she approaches him.

"Heya there Baldur is it? Calrex recommend this place to me. I was wondering if you have any healing potions left in stock at all?"

As Baldur shows Teayre the potions, a smile lights up her face.

"Really? That's brilliant could I take one please? I don't want to leave you guys to look after Calrex if I die..."

Pausing for a moment she puts a hand over her mouth.

"Sorry I shouldn't be so glum, how much would it be?"

Handing over the 400 col for the item she exits the store, raising a hand as she leaves in farewell.

-400 Col

+1 Healing Potion

OOC: An excerpt from this thread: SP - F1 Starting a New "Profession"

Calrex popped into the Catfish Sundries, planning on not staying long. He looked and saw that Baldur was busy with something at the moment, so he left a small bag on his counter with a note, giving a wave before taking off. At the same time he picked up another healing potion, leaving 400 col on the table, "I'm probably gonna need this if I'm gonna start doing more gathering."

Hey Baldur, here's something as thanks and part of my first haul. If you ever need more materials and don't have the time to go out and get them feel free to let me know! It's not an official profession, but hey it'll help other players nonetheless!

Your Friendly Gatherer/Hunter Calrex

Donated 2 Materials

+1 Healing Potion

-400 Col

For the second time in less then a week, Reu found himself in Catfish Sundries. The place smelled of burning wood, and it smelled of the wicker baskets used to hold the crystals placed up near the front of the store behind the counter. It wasn't a bad smell, just more of the small shop smell. Today it was particularly crowded and so Reu was forced to squeeze through the crowds while he browsed the store. As usual, their were lots of items he was hoping to purchase, but alas, he was far from rich. Besides, Reu came here with a purpose.

Making his way to the counter, and waving Baldur the shopkeep over; Reu pointed out what he had come here for. The Thorny Rose. Smiling, he looked up at the blue-clad merchant. "For a friend!" he said excitedly!

Item-Type: One-Handed Rapier (400 Col)

Name: Thorny Rose
Quality: Rare
Shop: The Grand Forge
Description: The twin sister of the Thorny Nightmare, but this blade has a little more offensive powerTraits: +1 Damage and +1 Accuracy.

935 Col - 400 Col = 535 Col

Baldur smiled at Reu as he come up to the counter with the sword.

"A good friend of mine used that sword for a long time. Please take good care of it." Opening a trade window, Baldur clicked the accept button.

"Be safe out there!"

-1 Thorny Rose

+400 Col

Item: Thorny Rose

Item type : Sword
Quality: Rare
Enhancement: +1 DMG and +1 Acc
Shop: 
Catfish Sundries

Description : The twin sister of the Thorny Nightmare, but this blade has a little more offensive power

Approval: Re-Eval

Calrex popped back into the Catfish Sundries and looked around for a quick second to see if anything was rearranged. When he saw Baldur he gave a friendly wave and went over to the counter, "Hey Baldur I need a Healing Potion and a Field Ration. I'm helping out a new player with getting settled into the game."

-600 Col

+1 Healing Potion

+1 Field Rations

After paying for his items he gave a friendly parting wave before heading back out through the front of the store.

Calrex popped back into the Catfish Sundries and looked around for a quick second to see if anything was rearranged. When he saw Baldur he gave a friendly wave and went over to the counter, "Hey Baldur I need a Healing Potion and a Field Ration. I'm helping out a new player with getting settled into the game."

-600 Col

+1 Healing Potion

+1 Field Rations

After paying for his items he gave a friendly parting wave before heading back out through the front of the store.

Baldur waved to Calrex, "Glad to hear that! Field Rations are great for that too. Be safe out there!"

0 Col gained from Health potion

80 Col gained from Ration

+2 XP

Rebekah arrived onto this shop on the first floor, after spending what had seemed like an eternity walking around. When she arrived she noticed a small trinket, and reached into her pocket and counted 400 Col for this item. She waited for the merchant to respond.

Item: Shinigami Badge (400 Col)

Item type : Trinket
Quality: Rare
Enhancement: +2 ACC
Shop: Catfish Sundries

Description : The badge of office of the Shinigami, representing your duties as a god of death

Oikawa walks into the merchant shop. He has become quite acquainted with the owner and as such introductions were scarce. "Baldur, I have an over flow of useless weapons in my shop. I would like to unload 18 good items unto you for whatever you wish to do with them. I understand your trade-in value is quite on the low side but nonetheless, some Col is better than no Col." Oikawa readied an exchange menu and waited for the owner's response.

Name: (Lancaster)

Profession: (Blacksmith)

ID: (7797)

Roll: (8)

Item Type: (One-Handed Rapier)

Quality: (Good)

Enhancements: (None)

Description: (A basic rapier. More durable than any starter rapier, it has a silver blade and the spiral handle is blackened with grey tips.)

Name: (Brisingr)

ID: (7800)

Roll: (6)

Item Type: (One-Handed Rapier)

Description: (A basic rapier. More durable than any starter rapier. It has a green blade and the cup handle is a dim grey.)

Name: (Liberaal)

ID: (10945)

Roll: (5)

Item Type: (One-Handed Dagger)

Description: (A basic dagger infused with enhanced metals to give off a nice shine, has no traits however.)

Name: (Crescent Arc)

ID: (10946)

Item Type: (Two-Handed Curved Sword)

Description: (A basic katana made with reinforced steel. The hilt is made from onyx while the blade is made from blue obsidian. Has no traits however.)

Name: (Magna Slicer)

ID: (11196)

Item Type: (One-Handed Curved Sword)

Description: (A curved sword sporting a gold handle and a golden hilt. The blade is smoky white color.)

Name: (Reveler)

ID: (12648)
Roll: (7)
Item Type: (One-Handed Straight Sword)
Description: (A typical sword crafted to be better than your basic starting weapon.)

Name: (Solar Eclipse)

Profession: (Blacksmith)

ID: (12128)

Roll: (5)

Item Type: (Shield)

Quality: (Good)

Enhancements: (N/A)

Description: (A basic silver shield depicting a picture of a orange orb engulfed in flames.)

Name: (Lunar Eclipse)

Your Profession: (Blacksmith)

Your Rank: (5)

ID: (12129)

Roll: (6)

Item Type: (Shield)

Quality: (Good)

Enhancements: (N/A)

Description: (A basic silver shield depicting a picture of a silver orb engulfed by white wispy clouds.)

Name: (Aegis I)

ID: (12433)
Item Type: (Shield)
Enhancements: (N/A)
Description: (A silver shield depicting a green gorgon. Has no real attributes aside from its looks.)

Name: (Zeus' Shield)
ID: (12643)
Description: (A golden shield depicting the leader of Greek Gods. Several lightning bolts are engraved into the shield.)

Name: (Athena's Shield)
ID: (12642)
Description: (A crimson shield depicting a Greek female warrior.)

Name: (Ares' Shield)
ID: (12646)
Description: (A blackened shield depicting a Greek warlord. The edges of the shield are tipped with red flames.)

Name: (Emerald Ring)

ID: (7937)

Item Type: (Ring)

Description: (A silver band engraved with the word Emeraldus. A small sized emerald stone takes center of the ring.)

Name: (Cuirass of the Unscathed I)

ID: (7531)

Item Type: (Chestplate)

Description: (A basic armor made from Blue Obsidian and comforted with leather straps.)

Name: (Neptune's Chestplate I)

ID: (11709)

Description: (A deep sea blue colored chest plate. It covers the users shoulders down to their waist and all the way around to their back.)

Name: (Jupiter's Chestplate)

ID: (11720)

Description: (A royal purple colored chest plate. It covers the users shoulders down to their waist and all the way around to their back.)

Name: (Crimson Plackart)

ID: (12785)
Item Type: (Plackart-Chestplate)
Description: (A crimson metal armor that covers the torso and stomach of the wearer.)

Name: (Azure Rerebrace)
ID: (12786)
Item Type: (Rerebrace-Chestplate/Gauntlets)
Description: (Two azure armor pieces that cover the upper parts of the arm and the bottom of the shoulder.)

"Oh, hey Oikawa! Welcome!" Baldur greets his friend with a smile, but then his eyes widen when he sees the massive amount of items that his friend has brought him.

"Yea, I'm sorry I can't pay more, but business is really poor. I actually lose money running this shop." He gives his friend a weak smile.

"That said, I will definitely take these items off your hand."

He opens up the trade window and places a paltry amount of col into it for the vast bounty his friend is giving him. Almost as an after-thought, Baldur adds in a <<VIP Perfect Voucher>>.

-450 Col

-1 VIP Perfect Voucher

+18 Good items

Baldur greeted the blonde. And set up the exchange. He explained why the value was as low as it was. Understanding, Oikawa nodded and responded. "No worries man. I understand. Especially in your field. I greatly appreciate you taking these off my hands." Oikawa was surprised to see the voucher hanging inside the pouch. "Well that more than makes up for it! Thanks man. I was going to say don't hesitate in ever stopping by but then I remembered Tyger is also a blacksmith haha. Nonetheless, if you guys ever need me you know where to find me." Turning towards the door, he yelled over his shoulder. "Have a good one Baldur!" 

With that business taken care of, he left.

+450 Col

+1 VIP Perfect Voucher

-18 Good items

Rebekah had arrived onto Baldur's shop once again, the second time in a week, and asked, "How much for a Perfect Voucher?" She just wanted to change the enhancements on her shield, but wanted to keep it as a shield, and not change it into another item. She then took a look at the price tag, and realized it was there all along, and took out 400 col, waiting for the shop keeper to respond.

Oikawa once again found himself in Baldur's shop. He needed to purchase another voucher one that would allow a change in his enhancements. Walking to the ledger hosting the vouchers, Oikawa selected 1 <Perfect Voucher> and stood in line. He was surprised to see another blonde he knew there as well.I wonder what Rebekah is doing here? he glanced and noticed she had a voucher as well. Hmm so we both came here looking for vouchers haha.He didn't make his presence known to her but he'd be sure to say hello before she left. 

The doors of the Catfish Forge opened, and in stepped Azide. He briefly glanced around, then located the particular section that he was looking for today. "As it turns out, either section would work for me- but one is obviously more cost effective than the other."

With that in mind, he made his way over to what the "Sundries" sign seemed to be referring to: an area that had been relegated to selling general merchandise, which had been set aside neatly amongst the shelves. A man stood behind the counter, and it occurred to him that they'd met before, albeit only briefly. "He was one of Lessa's friends, was he not?" Speaking of which, he hadn't heard from the woman in quite a while.

In any case, he approached the front desk with a smile. "According to your inventory, it says that you still have a good supply of vouchers. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to purchase a perfect one." He pulled up his inventory window and transferred to the man 400 col, the amount for which the item had been priced.

-400 col to Baldur

Baldur's eyes opened in surprised when he saw all the people coming to his shop. He hadn't been this busy since he first opened and he was the only place in Aincrad to buy health potions. He greeted Rebekah with a smile. 

Rebekah had arrived onto Baldur's shop once again, the second time in a week, and asked, "How much for a Perfect Voucher?" She just wanted to change the enhancements on her shield, but wanted to keep it as a shield, and not change it into another item. She then took a look at the price tag, and realized it was there all along, and took out 400 col, waiting for the shop keeper to respond.

"A perfect voucher is..." Baldur went to look in his ledger, but she apparently saw the sign above him and transfered the Col into the trade window. "Ah yes, 400 Col. Just so." He accepted the trade. "Thank you, please come again!"

-1 Perfect Voucher

+400 Col

Oikawa once again found himself in Baldur's shop. He needed to purchase another voucher one that would allow a change in his enhancements. Walking to the ledger hosting the vouchers, Oikawa selected 1 <Perfect Voucher> and stood in line. He was surprised to see another blonde he knew there as well.I wonder what Rebekah is doing here? he glanced and noticed she had a voucher as well. Hmm so we both came here looking for vouchers haha.He didn't make his presence known to her but he'd be sure to say hello before she left. 

Baldur smiled, pleased to see his friend return so soon. "Did you forget something my friend?" Oikawa indicated he wanted a perfect voucher, so Baldur pulled up the trade window to exchange it for 400 Col. "Thanks for the business."

He then made another note in his ledger.

-1 Perfect Voucher

+400 Col

The doors of the Catfish Forge opened, and in stepped Azide. He briefly glanced around, then located the particular section that he was looking for today. "As it turns out, either section would work for me- but one is obviously more cost effective than the other."

With that in mind, he made his way over to what the "Sundries" sign seemed to be referring to: an area that had been relegated to selling general merchandise, which had been set aside neatly amongst the shelves. A man stood behind the counter, and it occurred to him that they'd met before, albeit only briefly. "He was one of Lessa's friends, was he not?" Speaking of which, he hadn't heard from the woman in quite a while.

In any case, he approached the front desk with a smile. "According to your inventory, it says that you still have a good supply of vouchers. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to purchase a perfect one." He pulled up his inventory window and transferred to the man 400 col, the amount for which the item had been priced.

-400 col to Baldur

Baldur recognized the final face in line, even though he had only seen the man once. Square One was a guild he was well acquainted with, even if he had only met the leader once. He bowed his head differentially to Azide. "Welcome to my shop, Azide-san. A perfect voucher? Here you are." He pulled up the trade window with a perfect voucher. "Thank you for your business, please come again!"

-1 Perfect Voucher

+400 Col

Ariel steps in the Sundries shop again. She closes in on the counter and summons 17 items from her shop's inventory, placing them in front of the brunette shopkeeper: "Told you I was going to return. I keep making items but people don't buy as before." She takes a look around "Your shop looks like it doing well. How about you get me another one of those perfect vouchers?..just tell me how much I do I have to give you."

+ 1 Perfect Voucher

1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th / 5th / 6th / 7th / 8th / 9th / 10th / 11th / 12th / 13th14th / 15th / 16th / 17th  Good Items

- 25 col

P.S: Initially I put 15 but Ariel actualy had 17 good items to sell