[F1] Catfish Sundries (<<R5 Merchant>> & General Store) (closed for renovations)

Cygnus found himself on the first floor again one morning. He finally decided to take a look at Baldur's shop and see what he had to offer. He had thought a few times to pay the elder player a visit, but circumstance always put him on a different floor from Baldur's shop. But he was here now, that was what mattered. He read the sign on the door, smiling when he knew he was in the right place. He entered the shop, finding Baldur within. He gave him a respectful bow. "Good morning, Baldur! I thought I might finally pay you a visit. You see, I find myself in the market for some--" He stopped speaking when his eyes fell on a glass case containing a suit of armor within the color of a brilliant sunset. Cygnus approached the case, staring at it. "Hey, this is some good work. Um... how much is it?" He asked, looking over at Baldur again. He mentally counted up his Col and materials, hoping he had enough.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldur smiled at his friend when Cygnus' eyes were drawn to Baldur's old armor. He had only just recently stopped wearing it. 

"You have good eyes my friend." Baldur reached into the glass case and pulled the armor out from where it had lay.

"I'll tell you what, materials are more important to me know than Col. Why don't I sell you this for 2 mats. Anything more, and you could probably go out and get your own set forged."

Cygnus almost cheered in joy as Baldur told him that this armor would only cost him two materials. He nodded his head enthusiastically, agreeing to the transaction. "Capital! You have a deal, my friend." He opened a trade with Baldur and offered him two materials in exchange for the armor. With this, Cygnus would finally consider his loadout complete. Once the transaction was made, Cygnus would immediately equip the armor and get a good look at himself. "Woah, this is great!" He gave Baldur a grateful bow. "You have my thanks. I'll be sure to come back!" He straightened his posture and waved to the higher-level player, bounding out of the shop with a spring in his step.

<<Trade Confirmation>>

Spoiler

2 Materials >> Baldur

Amateru >> Cygnus

"Baldur my merchant friend," exclaimed the blonde as he waltzed into the shop. "I have some wares for you. I'm cleaning out my shop and restocking my inventory from scratch. That said here are about 30 items I'm just flat out getting rid of. If your still doing appraisals, I'll be sure to send my unneeded rares your way and hope for the best. So how much for this lot?" Drafting the trade menu, the smith selected his shop inventory and finalized the option to sell all. Now all he needed was the Merchants confirmation to verify the sale.

Spoiler

Items: 30 (8 Uncommon, 21 Rare, and 1 Perfect)

Spoiler
  • Harbringer: (One-Handed Straight Sword)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+2 Damage) Description: (A sword forged from the soul of and <Alpha Dire Wolf>.  The blade is sharper than wolf fang ingrained into it.)
  • Calamity Blade: (One-Handed Straight Sword)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+2 Damage) Description: (A simple metal blade crafted to deal a decent chunk of damage to enemies of the wielder.)
  • Twinspark Sword: (One-Handed Straight Sword)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+2 Paralysis) Description: (A thin yellow metalloid blade crafted to induce paralysis on most hits.)
  • Magnesius: (One-Handed Straight Sword)(Uncommon)(Tier 2)(+2 Damage) Description: (Golden hilt and silver blade, Magnesius is a convenient straight sword that gets the job done.)
  • Bakuzan Koryu: (One-Handed Curved Sword)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+2 Damage) Description: (The longer half of the Katana, Bakuzan. Deals exceptional damage as it can nearly cut through anything.)
  • Lethal Scorn: (One-Handed Assault Spear)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+1 Damage and +1 Paralyze) Description: (A metal beam with a black spike on one end and a near-perfect tipped metal arrowhead attached to the other.)
  • Spear of Fear: (One-Handed Assault Spear)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+2 Paralysis) Description: (A useful spear for those who are afraid of being hit. The weapon is made from electromagnetic ore that can paralyze an enemy on contact.)
  • Iote's Claw: (One Handed Battle Axe)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+2 Damage) Description: (A grey and black dual-sided battle axe. The trim is blacker than night itself and the blade is made from metals that can cut even the thickest of dragon skins.)
  • Midas: (One-Handed Battle Axe)(Rare)(Tier 2)(+4 Damage) Description: (A golden dual-sided battle axe. The trim is blacker than night itself and the blade is made from metals that can cut even the thickest of dragon skins. )
  • Led Hamor: (One-Handed Warhammer)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+2 Damage) Description: (An enormous sledgehammer like weapon with a black handle embroidered with bronze patterns. The hammer itself is all bronze. A strap is also attached to the end.)
  • Snowpiercer: (One-Handed Rapier)(Uncommon)(Tier 2)(+2 Damage) Description: (A snow blue bladed rapier with a silver hilt and and snowflakes etched into the handle.)
  • Lizard Tail: (Whip)(Uncommon)(Tier 2)(+2 Damage) Description: (A metallic whip crafted from "Lizard Ores", a special material that allows the whip to expand and retract freely as well as repair itself with little to no maintenance needed.)
  • Thunderbreak: (Two-Handed Straight Sword)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+1 Damage and +1 Paralyze) Description: (A golden blade with lightning bolts etched into the steel. The hilt seems to flash as if lightning passes through it at all times.)
  • Hiramekarei: (Two-Handed Straight Sword)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+2 Paralyze) Description: (Hiramekarei features a wide, flat blade with two curved indentations near its base, creating a sort of cross-guard.)
  • Reapus: (Two-Handed Battle Axe)(Uncommon)(Tier 2)(+2 Damage) Description: (A black bladed battle axe with a black hilt, outlined in gold trim.)
  • Reapus II: (Two-Handed Battle Axe)(Rare)(Tier 2)(+4 Damage) Description: (The successor to the original Reapus. The blade is still black and outlined in gold trim.)
  • Thunder Grip: (Gauntlets)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+1 Unarmed Damage and +1 Paralysis) Description: (These gauntlets can almost fit any hand perfectly. They seemed to weigh a lot less when attacking and give your better aim. They also seem to be able to paralyze the opponent.)
  • Decatana: (Katana)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+2 Damage) Description: (A black and sturdy katana.)
  • Illuminateur: (Katana)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+2 Accuracy) Description: (Illuminateur is a silvery grey sword with trims of white. It's evenly balanced and quite powerful.  It is a weapon crafted with precision in mind.)
  • Yoma Blade: (Katana)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+1 Damage and +1 Accuracy) Description: (A black handled, silver curved blade with a golden hilt. Precise and deadly, the "Yoma Blade" was crafted to dispose demons quickly.)
  • Bakuzan: (Katana)(Perfect)(Tier 1)(+3 Damage) Description: (A black bladed katana. It is strong enough to cut through most armors.)
  • Albatross: (Heavy Armor Helm)(Uncommon)(Tier 1)(+1 Mitigation) Description:(A snow white helm. When worn, the user gains a modest amount of protection against blows to the head.)
  • Benevolence: (Heavy Armor Chestplate)(Rare)(Tier 2)(+36 Mitigation) Description: (A blackened armored chestplate outlined with gold trim. The markings of combat seem to be part of the initial design for this benevolent armor.)
  • Malevolence: (Heavy Armor Chestplate)(Uncommon)(Tier 2)(+18 Mitigation) Description: (A whitened armored chestplate outlined with black trim. The markings of combat seem to be part of the initial design for this malevolent armor.)
  • Helm of Heimdall: (Heavy Armor Helm)(Rare)(Tier 2)(+36 Mitigation) Description: (A durable golden helm crafted for the God, Heimdall; protector of the realms.)
  • Crimson Cast: (Heavy Armor Chestplate)(Rare)(Tier 2)(+36 Thorns) Description: Crimson plated armor covering the chest and midsection.
  • Raijin: (Shield)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+18 Damage Mitigation) Description: (A medium-sized circular shield crafted from golden ores. Tassels line the rim of metal disc, while the shield itself is engraved with Japanese characters that reflect the terms strong, victorious, and lightning.)
  • Verdalis: (Shield)(Uncommon)(Tier 2)(+18 Mitigation) Description: (A small green shield crafted from durable emerald ores.)
  • Black Thorn: (One-Handed Dagger)(Rare)(Tier 1)(+2 Accuracy) Description: (A dark black knife with a long yet slim blade. Its sleek and shiny finish remind those that view it of thorns.)

Baldur's eyes widened when Oikawa populated the trade window with items.

"Wow! Let me see here..."

Baldur grabbed a quill pen and scratched some notes into the margin of his ledger.

"Normally I take a 50% cut, but since you're doing this in bulk, and if I'll be getting your future rares to appraise, then I'll give you all the col... that comes to. 5,400 Col. Here, I'll give you 200 Col and a Dimensional Backpack instead."

Baldur completes the trade window.

Spoiler

Vendored: 8 Uncommon items (800 col), 21 rare items (4,200 col), 1 perfect item (400 col)
Baldur gains 31 XP & 200 Col, Oikawa gains 200 Col and a Dimensional Backpack

Edited by Baldur

As soon as the transaction between the blonde and Baldur was complete Calrex gave a smirk as he patted Oikawa on the back, "Grabbing some goodies too? Hey guys."

Giving a nod he swiped on his menu, "No need of potions for me Baldur. I think I'll grab a dimensional backpack, if you still have them."

Purchased Dimension Backpack
-5200 col

As was usually the case when Takao became bored with the repetition of Sword Art Online, which had become a much more common occurrence in recent times than before, a new idea had popped into his head. Exploring the limitations of the game and seeing just how far he could push them was one of his favourite ways to pass the time, and with this new idea he'd come up with he could kill two birds with one stone. No merchants had achieved a rank of particular renown due to the nature of the profession. It relied on people disposing of massive amounts of col into their coffers to buy items. Fortunately for Takao, he had both the desire and the means.

"'ey Baldur," Takao greeted as the door of his shop were opened and closed behind him, one glove-clad hand raised in a stationary wave. "I got a dumb idea 'n need your help. You ever heard of uh... of A Song of Ice and Fire? That old fantasy novel series that they made into the show?" He began his explanation, hands finding their way into his pockets. "Well, I wanna recreate the Iron Throne, so I need a whole bunch of swords 'n figured I could boost your merchant rank up at the same time. So, how much would y'need me to buy in order to top out?"

Baldur's eyes couldn't have gone wider.

"You uh... you uh... want to uh... MAKE.. the Iron thone, our of actual swords...?"

Baldur shook his head for a moment as if to clear his thoughts.

"That sounds so cool!"

Flipping open his ledger, he glanced through it and did some basic math.

"Let's see... 406 exp currently, need to hit 2,560. Which would make the difference 2,154 swords." He pronounced victoriously.

"But s-words for 400 alex, that would cost 215,400 col at cost - which I certainly have no problem selling to you at cost, but that is a lot of spare change. I haven't ever heard of anyone having that kind of money."

"I mean yeah, why not?" Takao said with a shrug. "SAO loves its old pop culture references, so I'm kinda curious if it's possible. I'll probably give it to some guild or somethin' if it is." He watched as Baldur opened his ledger and went over the math, then let his gaze wander around the shop as he waited. Patience wasn't exactly his strong suit, especially when he was excited over one of his dumb ideas.

Baldur gave the cost and Takao tilted his head slightly, exhaling a dry chuckle. "That's not nearly as bad as I thought it'd be." He responded, his right hand swiping open the menu and delving into its contents. After fiddling with a few sliders, a large and heavy looking brown sack filled with rattling coins appeared in his hands. Aided by unseen strength parameters to hold up the back, Takao set it on the counter. "...and eh. If you could keep this whole thing on the down-low, I'd appreciate it. I don't really wanna start gettin' bothered by merchants askin' me to bump them up."

- -

-215,400 col

Baldur couldn't believe what he saw. He took the Col and transfered the literally thousands of swords to Takao.

"My lips are sealed. Sounds like I owe you two huge favors now." He smiled at the man as he completed his transactions.

Spoiler

0 Col Gains (items sold at cost)
+2,154 XP (Rank 5 gained)
2,154 Basic Weapons transfered to Takao

• 4 weeks later...

Baldur walked into his shop and then straight into the back where he had a new, giant shipment of materials. With his new-found rank he had basically a limitless supply.

"Now if only I had Col..." he chuckled softly.

He grabbed (42) mats and put 16,800 Col into his shop.

"Aaannnd now I'm broke again."

+42 Mats
-16,800 Col

The bell to the shop she entered chimed, Teayre looked up seeing the Azure Chevalier. The Spectrum Coalition had come to fruition. Calrex, Oikawa, Baldur, Takao and herself. The girl let herself smile nodding at the man with a blue coat. “Hi Bal,” She walks straight over to one of the barrels that was dotted around the counters. Rummaging through it the red head finds a simple sword. The blade curving slightly. “This’ll do nicely.” Teayre mutters her eyes flicking over to Baldur. “Here.” She says throwing a pouch of col at him. Turning she heads out of the door without waiting for the man to reply. Swinging her new wakazashi the red head finds herself smiling. “This will do nicely…” Glancing back at the door that had just swung shut. Teayre shrugs before heading straight towards the boss room of the first floor. “Now to floor five.” The girl mutters quietly as she opened up her menu sending a PM to two people. The twins, Syn and Vyrtew.

-100 Col

+ Good Curved Sword (Wakazashi)

It felt weird to visit another merchant then Anise. Since Anise was Zandras close friend and they was realy tight. It was the first player she met that she knew from the real world. But sadly, Anise wasnt high lvl enough to sell what Zandra needed. Since she needed materials, and she knew about one active merchant that was up in business. Baldur. She had seen him during the last boss meeting, a very special meeting out in the wild.

Well well, Zandra entered the store and took a look on the interior. Pretty quickly she spotted the merchant and walked up to him."Heya Baldur. How are you doing?" She said with a smile on her lips."Myself Im pretty broke when it comes to materials. So I wonder if there is anychance I could buy some from you? Also wonder if there is possible to get a discount of ordering large volumes?" She filled in the transaction and accepted it. She saw the col in her wallet going down, alot. Thou she now had a bunch of materials to use in her crafting.

-40,000 col

+80 materals

On 9/4/2016 at 8:59 PM, Teayre said:

The bell to the shop she entered chimed, Teayre looked up seeing the Azure Chevalier. The Spectrum Coalition had come to fruition. Calrex, Oikawa, Baldur, Takao and herself. The girl let herself smile nodding at the man with a blue coat. “Hi Bal,” She walks straight over to one of the barrels that was dotted around the counters. Rummaging through it the red head finds a simple sword. The blade curving slightly. “This’ll do nicely.” Teayre mutters her eyes flicking over to Baldur. “Here.” She says throwing a pouch of col at him. Turning she heads out of the door without waiting for the man to reply. Swinging her new wakazashi the red head finds herself smiling. “This will do nicely…” Glancing back at the door that had just swung shut. Teayre shrugs before heading straight towards the boss room of the first floor. “Now to floor five.” The girl mutters quietly as she opened up her menu sending a PM to two people. The twins, Syn and Vyrtew.

-100 Col

+ Good Curved Sword (Wakazashi)

Baldur makes a note in his ledger

Spoiler

+50 Col

On 9/11/2016 at 4:12 PM, Zandra said:

It felt weird to visit another merchant then Anise. Since Anise was Zandras close friend and they was realy tight. It was the first player she met that she knew from the real world. But sadly, Anise wasnt high lvl enough to sell what Zandra needed. Since she needed materials, and she knew about one active merchant that was up in business. Baldur. She had seen him during the last boss meeting, a very special meeting out in the wild.

Well well, Zandra entered the store and took a look on the interior. Pretty quickly she spotted the merchant and walked up to him."Heya Baldur. How are you doing?" She said with a smile on her lips."Myself Im pretty broke when it comes to materials. So I wonder if there is anychance I could buy some from you? Also wonder if there is possible to get a discount of ordering large volumes?" She filled in the transaction and accepted it. She saw the col in her wallet going down, alot. Thou she now had a bunch of materials to use in her crafting.

-40,000 col

+80 materals

Baldur makes a note in his ledger as Zandra counts up all the mats she wants. Baldur's eyes go a little wide in surprise. Zandra had just thrown down more Col than Baldur had ever had.

"I wish I could, but no one has been buying from me lately, so unfortunately I can't even afford to give supplies or barter. I can give you a discount on your next purchase though. Or we can work out a discount trade. Where I give you a trade discount equal to a few consumables."

Baldur shrugged his shoulders with an apologetic face. He would love to give her a discount, but unfortunately he just didn't have the ability to afford doing so on his only material sale so far. He had been certain that once materials became available to buy, that more people would come around.

Spoiler

Baldur gains 80*100 Col = 8,000 Col

• 3 weeks later...

As I no longer need my light plate armor, I think of disposing it at first. But then, I realize that the quality is still good to my eyes, and it would be a waste to just dispose it like that, so I will have to use the alternative which provides a bit of COL.

I heard from several players in the Starting City that merchants will buy uncommon, rare or perfect items that players no longer use, and the prices range from 50 to 200 COL. 50 doesn't sound bad to my ears, so I look for a merchant store that, hopefully, still functions. To my satisfaction, I see a store labeled 'Catfish Sundries' and make my entrance into the building. I fish out my light plate armor and present it to the seller, hoping that he will buy it.

With my plate armor...yes, I can now be a tank that I wish to be so much in AIncrad.

Received 50 COL by selling Light Plate Armor (+1 Recovery, Uncommon)

• 2 weeks later...

"Whew, it's been some time since I last stepped in here."

As he entered into the Catfish Sundries Calrex felt a small sense of nostalgia. The last he had come to the shop was back when he was of significantly lower level, not even close to the highest in Aincrad. It was to buy a potion for a friend to use in case things went bad in combat. But now he was entering for a different reason, one that would probably make the samurai-themed swordsman's lower jaw drop.

Giving a wave to Baldur the bluenette approached and accessed the always in-stock items, "Alright...I need a hundred of these."

Selecting a hundred materials he felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head at the number. The only other item in his shared inventory reaching higher than a single digit was the number of Safeguards in there. With a laugh he watched the massive amount of col he had vanish down to a small number, now replaced by the materials, "Heh, guess I'll need to get started amassing col again. I'll see you at the raid!"

+100 Materials

-40000 col

• 2 months later...

For the second time I entered Baldurs merchant shop. For the same reason as last time as well, to buy a bunch of materials. "Hello there Baldur." I said with a smile on my face. "How is the business going?" I answerdd politely while walking up to him.

I listened to his answer and nooded. "Mhm." Then I looked to the side and scratched my neck, giving a nervous look. "Ehm... Im here to buy more materials. Going to try get a... no... dont think I should make it public just yet. But anyway, I need alot of materials for it. So here  omes my next purchse." I lpened the menu and started entering a huge amount of col into a transaction. I gulped and took a breath before pressing send. I saw my wallet getting reduced with one hundred thousand col. This was my biggest purchase thus, well except for the beach house. Without another word I bowed and left the merchant behind me.

-100,000 col (will add the extra you wants, since you said a discount mbe)

+250 materials

----------------------------------------------------

Just a few days ago, I viskted baldurs merchant shop. Today, I decided to do it again. But for a complete other reason this time. The happiness and excitment I thougth would have filled my chest, it wasnt there. It felt like any normal day, nothing special at all when I entered thru the the entrance. "Hey there Baldur. Not long time no see. Those materials thou is gone now. But nevermind, thats not why Im here. We had a little conversation thru mails the other day. I came to deliver it. "I swiped thru the menus and marked several items and add to the transaction screen. I finished off with adding a few thousands of col as well. "And the xtra col you wanted." Now, a small smile started to grow on my lips. "If you still have those VIP voucvers, that would be awesome." I said and pressed the send button.

-Holy water x2

-Potion of armoured Dragon-scale x2

-Potio  of vicious Dragon-fang x2

-18,750 col

@Baldur

Edited by Zandra

Baldur smiled when Zandra came in, "Yes, thank you!"

He accepted her trade and then made a scribble into his ledger.

"And here's your two VIP Perfect Vouchers. The last two in existence as far as I'm aware."

Spoiler

Sold 250 Materials for 118,750 Col (18,750 Profit to Baldur)

Baldur receives: 

+2 Holy water (T2 Overhealth Perfect potion)

+2 Potion of armoured Dragon-scale (T2 MIT Perfect potion)

+2 Potion  of vicious Dragon-fang (T2 DMG Perfect potion)

Zandra recieves

(2) VIP Perfect Vouchers