[PP-F1] An adventure in town! (Calrex and Teayre) (And a thirdwheel Oikawa!)

Taking the food Calrex offers her, Teayre's face brightens, her eyes closed.

"It's wonderful Cal, you try some!"

Taking the spoon from Calrex, Teayre reciprocates his actions.

"Say Ahhh."

After Calrex takes the bite Teayre, begins to cut up some of the steak. Skewering it she turns to Calrex again, a grin on her face as she sees he hasn't finished chewing.

"Callie, Ahhhhh!"

Slowly moving the steak towards Calrex, she giggles and begins to blush.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calrex nodded as he was chewing, affirming Teayre's comment that the stew was delicious.

"The flavors seem to meld together in a good way. I guess the ingredients they chose are harmonious with each o..."

"Callie, Ahhhhh!"

"Mmph!"

He tried to swallow his bite as quickly as he could before opening his mouth once again, leaning forward slightly to help guide Teayre's hand to his mouth, "Ahh."

He took a bite of the steak as his eyes widened for a second in surprise, "The steak has a nice seasoning on the crust, and seems to be cooked to a nice medium rare. It's got a nice chew, but not ridiculously chewy like it is overdone."

He game a smile as he skewered a piece for Teayre, "Of course I'm giving real life food observations for simulated food, so I'm not sure exactly how valid my points are, heh."

"Alright Teayre, ahhh."

Seizing her chance instead of taking the steak from the fork, Teayre quickly gently nibbles Calrex's hand instead.

"Hmmmm yummy."

Flashing him a cheeky smile, she blushes before eating the steak. Slowly looking Calrex in the eyes she takes his hands kissing them. 

"Say Callie, what would you like to do after we've eaten?"

Taking the cutlery Teayre dishes herself and Calrex out a reasonable size portion of the goulash and the steak. Taking some of hers she offers it to Calrex.

"Ahhhh"

"Ahh."

Calrex accepted the bite from Teayre, giving it a good chew before swallowing, "Well, I guess we should probably try and find Oikawa's forge before the pie expires. Wouldn't want to get there and all of a sudden not have it right?" He gave a small laugh at the last part of the second sentence to keep it lighthearted as he took a spoonful of the goulash before scooping some for Teayre, "Here Ahh."

"Just a thought out of context, I hope we're not being too awkward. I mean...it's really amazing to be a part of...but I do know that people can get an awkward feeling if they notice someone doing this."

As if on cue the waiter came over to check and see if everything was alright with the food. He let Teayre accept the spoonful before he gave a nod to the waiter, "Yes everything's delicious. Thank you very much!"

As the waiter gave a smile and left Calrex felt his face flush, giving a calming breath to try and regain some control, "W-Was there anywhere you wanted to stop by?"

Pausing for a moment, Teayre's cheeks began to blush,

"There is one place I'd like to go... But it'd be better waiting until we have more time than we do now... I wonder if you'd like to go there at some point, it's supposed to be really romantic."

She looks Calrex in the eye before she eats up the rest of her food.

Once Calrex had finished his food, Teayre will offer him her hand before leading him to the merchant district.

"There is one place I'd like to go... But it'd be better waiting until we have more time than we do now... I wonder if you'd like to go there at some point, it's supposed to be really romantic."

Calrex nodded as Teayre asked her question, "Sure, it sounds like it would be a neat place to check out."

"Romantic? I wonder where she's referring to..."

As the finished their meal Calrex nodded to the waiter. As he came by Calrex took care of the bill, making sure to leave a decent tip as appreciation for the great service and good. He took Teayre's hand as she led him towards the merchant district, "Now to try and find Oikawa's shop."

Nodding at Calrex, she slowly led him through the merchants area stopping at various stools and shops along the way browsing the wares. Usually going towards the stools and vendors that have the prettier items on display, she seemed like a bit of a magpie. 

"It's supposed to be on the second floor, a field that sits on a mountain top, filled with flowers and such. It's also apparently a safe zone."

She stops having found Oikawa's shop.

"Callie would you like to go in first, we'd better let him know the good news as well."

Calrex nodded as Teayre and he arrived at Oikawa's shop.

"Hm...the Gurando Foji...Grand Forge?"

He gave a small laugh that Oikawa had romanized his shop's name, "Maybe if I can brush up on my katakana I'll show him how to write it. Nontheless it is definitely catchy."

He opened the door, going inside and holding it open for Teayre. He looked over and saw the familiar blonde behind the counter, "Hey Oikawa, short time no see!" Once Teayre entered the store he would give a friendly wave. It had only been the previous day that he had entered the game and adventured with him, but it seemed like longer than that.

Following close behind Calrex, she stops taking his hand gently.

"Guess what Kawi, Cal and I got together!"

Looking around his shop in wonder,

"Wow you have a lot of neat stuff in here, oh we got you a little pressie to say thanks for the other day."

Nudging Calrex, she shoots him a smile.

Oikawa was quite surprised as he hard the bell ring to his shop. Tidying the crafting room, he emerged at the door and stared at two very familiar faces. "Well if it isn't Cal and Teardrop haha. What' is this about you two getting together? It finally happened?" Chuckling a bit to himself, he continued. "I so called it haha. Anyway, what brings you guys to Gurando Foji? Also, what kind of present?" Walking into his lobby like front room, Oikawa jumped up and sat on the counter, awaiting their response. 

Calrex smirked as he went up to him, "It's nothing amazing, but we figured you'd probably like it."

He searched through his menu, searching through his invetory, finally retrieving the gift. He pressed the button, materializing it in front of Oikawa.

"Here you go, a strawberry creme pie from the Starlight Cafe. As thanks for helping us this far in the game."

The strawberry creme pie appeared on the counter in front of Oikawa, Calrex smiling as he turned and looked over at Teayre, then looking back, "So how's business?"

Giggling, "I think we may of um... made a bit of an impression at the Starlight as well..."

Sending a sidelong glance at Calrex, she begins wandering around the shop looking at various wares.

"This is a really impressive collection Oikawa, did you make them all yourself?"

Stopping by one particular katana blade.

"Would you mind if I held this one for a bit and see how it feels?"

Oikawa was completely surprised by the gift. "Strawberry Creme Pie? For me? Oh my Dice Gods yes!!! Thank you thank you!" Oikawa grabbed the pie off the counter and placed in his inventory for later. That is gonna be so good later. Mmmmm I can taste it already. Calrex had asked how business was going. Thinking a bit, Oikawa replied. "Not too bad but I wish it was going better. I don't sell enough goods to warrant crafting daily." Oikawa then turned to Teayre to answer her questions. "Yep! Made every single one by my lonesome. And sure just be careful. That blade is a tad on the heavy side."

Calrex gave a smirk as he saw Oikawa's overjoyed reaction to the strawberry creme pie, "Geezes you made all of these weapons? That's crazy!"

"Come on Calrex, remember the fact that this is a game. The experience in here works different than the real world. Oikawa must have done a lot of practice weapons before he could get to the level you see now."

"I was originally thinking of taking up a profession, but none really seemed to call to me. Looks like you really found something interesting to do though. Everything's really well made."

He followed Teayre over to the weapon she was looking at, inspecting it from where he was standing, "Guess you really want to get that katana skill don't you Teayre?"

As he finished his sentence Calrex looked around the shop as well, specifically in the area that had the most straight sword. Since he wasn't sure if Oikawa was ok with him touching all the merchandise he was looking at them from a distance, inspecting each, "The level of detail is amazing. Even with the hyper-realism of SAO the workmanship seems on the level of a season master.

Reaching out Teayre carefully lifts the blade from its stand, stepping back she slowly swings it up and down.

"You know Kawi, this blade is quite light actually I was hoping for something a bit heavier in a katana... No matter, it is still a really high quality blade though."

Returning the blade to the stand she turns around again.

"You're right Cal, there's so much I miss about wielding a katana... once I get it I think I'll Kawi, might have to make me one... although that one is lovely it's just a tad too light for me."

"Light? That one of my heavier ones haha, Guess I'll have to work on that then." Turning towards Cal, Oikawa continued. "As far as professions go, don't become a black smith or a tailor, this profession is over crowded and the customer base is no bigger than Teayre of there haha. I'd say maybe an alchemist or a cook they seem to get good business and are extremely important in tough boss battles. Eating a cook's food yields greater benefits than eating something from the cafe. And potions are self explanatory."

Returning his gaze to the girl, he addressed her. "As for a new weapon I'd be honor to custom make either of you something just let me know!"

Calrex gave a smirk as Oikawa informed him about the already busy market for blacksmiths and tailors, suggesting him towards an alchemist or cook, "That's true...I don't know...being in a static place seems not exactly the thing for me."

He put his hands behind his head as he continued to look around, "Of course I'm also that player where if given the option of taking up a job he either doesn't or does something like hunting."

"Heh, it wouldn't be an 'official' job, but I wonder if maybe I could just get materials off of monsters and give them to shops. I mean shops are always in need of materials to perform their work, and heck I'd be getting experience fighting various monsters. It might not be a bad idea. Oh well, I'll think about it."

Calrex moved over to the armor section of the shop, looking around at the various armors that Oikawa had made. The ones that intrigued him appeared to be the ones that almost looked like a cross between a heavy and light chest armor. It looked sturdy enough to be a heavy armor, but also looked light enough for a lot of mobility.

"I don't think I would do well in heavy armor. It would probably drag me down for all I know."

"Is it? Oh.... I know it's taboo, but back in the real world I used blades about my weight... Then when swapping to a lighter blade it felt like paper as it moved through the air if that makes sense?"

Moving quietly to try and not be noticed by Calrex as she slips behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist she mutters to him.

"I'll be your armour Cal, you don't need to worry about that."

Letting go she moves over to Oikawa, jumping up on the counter beside him she leans her head against his shoulder.

"When I get the skill and the money, you -are- making me my blade okay Kawi?"

Oikawa raised an eyebrow out Cal's comment. "Hunting? Like gathering materials and maybe selling them off? If you did that I'd buy them in a heartbeat haha!" Teayre had explained why she wanted a heavier blade. Understanding, Oikawa nodded as he girl nimbly jumped to the counter and stated a question. Pretending to ponder it, Oikawa let a small smile escape his lips. "I suppose I could do that!" Jumping down, he whistled for King. The little leopard came walking a round the corner. "Just as slow as ever huh?" The cub growled and made himself comfortable on the floor next to the counter. "Well I have some more crafting to finish so I'll have to cut this meeting short."

Calrex gave a laugh as Oikawa responded to his thoughts, "Heh, I guess I'll really need to give it some thought then!"

While Teayre tried to sneakily slip behind him Calrex noticed out of the corner of his eye, but he decided to ignore it and let her get behind him. He felt her arms wrap around him.

"I'll be your armour Cal, you don't need to worry about that."

"Heh, guess you caught me looking at them. They are really well-made."

"Well I have some more crafting to finish so I'll have to cut this meeting short."

Hearing Oikawa say he needed to get back to his work Calrex gave a nod as he looked down at Teayre, "Alrighty, we'll get out of your hair. We'll see you around, and good luck with the crafting!"

With that he moved over to the door, opening it to let Teayre go first.