[OP-F20] <<21st Floor Boss Meeting>>

Domarus watched Hikoru as the player walked over to the woman and spoke to her, anger clearly on his face.  Domarus wondered how well they knew each other.  Regardless, the man turned to notice Domarus' attention towards the woman who was speaking and accused him of staring.  How annoying Domarus thought.

"I apologize if you thought I was being rude.  I was simply giving my attention to the player who was speaking.  I'm mainly here to listen and learn until I'm a high enough level to truly joining the front lines."  He bowed his head for listening to what Hikoru had to say.  He explained how the boss room was filled with webbing that could possibly slow them down.  Domarus wasn't worried about his evasion whatsoever.  Of course this was no problem for Domarus.  He intended to be completely buffed out in defense anyways.  He got thorns for a reason.  Of course this was all if they allowed him to join.  He then shared what the boss was:  A giant moth with the most health they've seen thus far.  Extremely fast so most likely high evasion.  He mentioned how it was likely that debris would fall from the ceiling.  He finished with a guess that burn effects might have an even greater effect on the boss.  He wondered if using a blade on the webs could cut them or not, but didn't speak his mind.  It wasn't time for that yet.  He'd hear other's thoughts on the matter first.  As he listened to the discussion he noticed from the corner of his eye a very small player.  He almost paid her no mind until she held up a sketch book and revealed a child's version of the moth.  He laughed hard on the inside.  This girl had perfect timing.  It was clear there was a rather dull cloud in the air and she was the perfect thing to break it up.  Out loud he smiled cheerily at the girl, clearly happy to have a young one amongst them.  He scanned the crowd again and noticed something odd about Shield.  He couldn't make out what it was but it only lasted a fourth of a second.  Most likely it happened while his attention was on the girl.  However he did noticed the man had shrunk back in his seat a little.  Why he was acting this way Domarus had no clue and most likely wouldn't find out so he let the matter drop.  The black haired man's comment was to encourage the girl rather than putting her down.  A wise decision.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Silk, actually." Baldur said a bit meekly from the back of the room. He had slipped into the meeting room just in time to hear Hikoru's explanation and someone whom he didn't recognize give their thoughts about burning damage. Standing up from where he leaned against the wall, Baldur cleared his throat and nodded to Cal before speaking a bit more firmly.

"If the boss is a giant moth, then it's silk, not webbing. Silk, at least in the real world, doesn't really burn... it... kinda melts, instead, like most organic fibers. Typically, in RPGs as well, it's spider webbing that burns... which is a bit counter-intuitive, but anyways... it's not actually the same thing..." The gaijin Samurai let his words trail off. He hadn't meant to jump into a well actually rant, but it was something he felt like explaining.

Resting his left hand on the demonic blade, Muramasa, he adjusted it so that he could lean against the wall. Calrex had beat him here, but Baldur had come as quickly as he could when he got the meeting notice. He was glad someone had managed to find the boss room, as he was beginning to worry. Had he more time, he would have scouted himself, but somehow he had gotten caught up in suddenly bustling business and in his own training and gathering preparation. Maybe he could convince Calrex to make a push on the next floor. If the math continued, they could get some great new material on the next floor, and a chance at a new tier of equipment.

The samurai wanna-be leaned back against his section of wall quietly, pulling his blue and white haori back around him, unarmored and with only the cursed blade at his side.

"Since when did we get a guild hall?" Kasier asked herself, realizing that she had been out of this game for way too long. It didn't even feel that long to be honest but two months could go by like a couple of days if they were not spent carefully and well. And spending time efficiently seemed to be the last thing that had been doing recently. Spending hours and hours, days and days inside Itzal's shop had not done her level any justice. She had stayed on the same skill point level as two months ago and progress was not being made at all. It was pathetic really, that she was still on this level - thirty-four. If she was talking from a perspective of herself from last year, she would've ever guessed to reach level thirty. Perhaps not even level twenty. However, she had already surpassed it. Now, she was aiming for a higher challenge - a higher goal that would be reached by her. That's how progress is made, through efficient time management and ambition. The drive to continue doing difficult things is what ultimately makes one stronger. And she was a failure at that. "No point in continuing to think about it." She continued talking to herself, getting changed and walking out of Itzal's shop soon after to join the first boss fight that the Celestial Ascendants would host.

She didn't know what's up with the guild. Honestly, she wasn't very pleased with the way things are going, especially the communications part of the guild. She wasn't even informed that the guild hall had already been established. To add to insult, she wasn't even aware that the guild boss had been discovered and that they would be hosting a boss meeting. It was only after hearing some rumors from low-leveled players on the first floor that she realized that there was something going on. Not that she found out, she would definitely head up there. As a paladin of the Celestial Ascendants - even thought she was a low-leveled one and a weak one... Probably the most unpopular one out of all of them as well, she would still have to join in. It was unlikely for her to join the actual boss fight though, as she was not convinced that her mitigation at the current state would be enough to keep her alive the whole time during the boss fight. And now that she had someone to live for, she swore that she will not die. 

After a long road of attempting to find this guild hall, she was finally able to do so. Reaching the high level of twenty, she silently opened the door and took a look at the scene that was playing out. Everyone seemed to be engaged in their own little conversations and not much formality was really happening. Too much people. Kasier thought, looking around and standing in the corner of the room so she can take in what the guild hall looked like. She wasn't truly needed and she was there just to be there. Also, she didn't want to interfere with anyone else's personal conversations so she would remain hidden, not attracting attention like the way that she likes it. A sigh followed as she stood on the shadow that the corner of the room provided her with. 

The blond watched as players began to file into the guildhall, all but a few players unaccounted for. There was many players there, some that he did not particularly like. His eyes caught gaze upon Calrex. The best tank in the game. The tank had the unique ability that he had wanted ever since he had heard from it. Moving further he caught something that actually ticked him off a bit. A few low levels had entered the meeting and would not be contributing at all. His eyes caught sight of a child, appearing to be drawing. He was quite fine with her, as she was not trying to be something she was not. The lowlies had no business being here. Unless they planned on joining the floor boss fight, or the next one they had no reason of being here. He would keep this to himself, as even his guild members that were not joining were not attending the meeting. The blond turned as Itzal spoke, explaining the boss and giving details. 

According to Hikoru, the boss was a large moth the looked like a butterfly. The room was to be covered by webbings, possibly burnable, and it was airtight. He smiled and listened further to hear Hikoru tell them to bring Evasion. Jonathan frowned but then chuckled as Hikoru joked about Tanks. It was a light Hall. Not as serious as the KoB, but a force to be reckoned with. The child he seen earlier spoke, and now was portraying her... er... Beautiful art work of Mothra the Magnificent. He gave a warm smile. He found that he was soft when it came to children, and then noticed the Boss was smiling. "It appears to be friendly.... Do you think we could just ask it to let us through?" He chuckled and then heard a serious comment being said next. Baldur stepped forward and added some technicalities, which really weren't to helpful, but at least he was not a low level, repeating something that was exactly just said. He was excited they were engaged, but seriously? That was what event fights were for. Kasier was seen in the background, mostly keeping to herself. "Butterfly.... Wind...." He muttered to himself. What would it possibly have? "Well if it is powerful wind gusts, I would figure that would be hard to keep single target. Perhaps it is more of an AoE boss?" He said, directing it at Hikoru. 

"Whelp, looks like the general feeling of awkwardness is ever present at these meetings, even when discussions have begun. I don't know whether to be disappointed or relieved that things haven't changed in the period of time since the last boss battle."

Course he probably had expected as much. As Ariel had pointed out, in majority of the last meetings for the floor raids there had always been some level of unease for various reasons. Of course with whatever happened between Hikoru and the self-titled "Crowned Lion"at the last battle the bluenette didn't decide to investigate, as it was likely business he didn't want to be involved with. However, that animosity still appeared to be there.

With the blonde's congratulations he gave a calm smile and nod of thanks before Hikoru began with the breakdown of the boss. From what he understood, the creature this time was a gigantic moth, with their lair being the setting for the boss room. There was already suspicion about the silk, as clarified by Baldur, set up in the area being flammable, meaning that weapons with the Burn enhancement. While it was a viable strategy, there was one significant flaw he could already foresee: Burn was unique enhancement, which meant that the only way to obtain it was by chance from appraisals or from certain quests. Of course from what quests he knew off hand, the frontline participants would have no issue with it."

At the same time he recalled the battle with Limbo, and the spider boss' ability to temporarily take people out of combat by way of wrapping them up. From what he know moths didn't really exhibit similar behavior, but of course there are games where moths and butterflies were capable of spitting silk string to bind up their opponents. To add to that, it could fly, which brought to mind the Rohk battle, where the creature could retreat to a nest and be out of range of their attacks.

He gave a smile and nod to his fellow Spectrum guildmate before acting. Raising a hand he decided to at least voice his thoughts, "If that's all the information we've been given we'll definitely need to approach this carefully. I'll just make note if we do decide to proceed with the Burn enhancement strategy, I would suggest refraining from attempting crafts to gain Burn enhancements on weapons. The Guardian of Fire quest drop provides a temporary Burn enhancement, one that should last more than long enough to be used during the battle. The quest should not be problematic for the people I see gathered today, so gaining enough Cerberus Souls needed for that should be no issue. As for the wings and strong gusts, there is the chance it could throw debris, but at the same time it could use that to keep its distance out of range of our attacks. Lastly, webbing reminds me of the Limbo battle, so there is the possibility that it can temporarily prevent single targets from attacking, just like before. It was a mechanic used in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if this boss recycled that strategy."

Itzal started listening to Hikoru as he explained the details of the boss.  A moth with a web filled room?  Moth's didn't make webbing.  They made-  His thoughts were interrupted when Eira appeared.  Itzal was surprised that someone her age would join the meeting but when he read her look he smiled and nodded.  Not too long after that she asked Itzal what a tank is and why they had to be hit.  Itzal leaned in to whisper to her.  "Tanks are players who specialize in defense.  They have the most mitigation, which reduces the damage monsters can do to them.  They take the hits because the chance of them dying is far less great a chance than if we were hit."  He didn't explain any more as he didn't want to confuse her.  Then he saw her start to draw on her sketch pad and, being beside her, saw what she was drawing.  When she showed everyone her masterpiece Itzal smiled warmly.  When she sat back down again he leaned in.  "A masterpiece.  I won't forget this artwork for years to come."  He winked to her before returning his attention to the others.  Before he could explain the part about how moth's made silk not webs, Baldur walked into the room and explained it first.  He smiled and nodded to Baldur.  Then he saw Kasier enter the room.  She didn't look happy, but then again she mentioned to him that she always kept that appearance up.  She only let herself be nice around Itzal for some reason.  He smiled and gave a small wave to Kasier.  There was an open seat beside him, but whether or not she wanted to join him would be her decision.  He would respect it either way.  He listened to Calrex and nodded as it made sense.  Itzal hoped that the webbing kept Itzal from attacking rather others since his damage was pathetic.  "I'd also suggest that we don't go to fight the boss until all of us have as many potions, foods and other equipment required.  A friend and I can go out and gather materials for the front line crafts.  Also, while I am working on it my damage is still rather pathetic, so unless this boss has less than ninety health I'll probably be more use using debuffs on the boss."

It felt good to know that I could sit down anywhere I liked to. Well, as long as I don’t try to take over. To that I couldn’t stop a small giggle. ‘’Hihi, why would I want to do that? I’m here to learn as much as I can about our next encounter. I don’t really know more then you guys do…’’ before I could continue I got abrupted by a familiar voice. I turned around and faced the lioness that I have been growing closer and closer to lately. I passively listened to her as she warned everyone present that not take lightly on the boss fights just because the last ones was without losses. Reminded that its not only the boss itself that is dangerous. That’s when I remembered the fight against the monkey boss. A sadness appeared in my eyes when remembering two of my closest friends in this game being slayed by a katana user. I let out a deep sigh. I only listened with one ear when she talked to that katana-users husband. Then she turned to me and greeted me. ‘’Hello there @Ariel - The Crowned Lion.’’ I answered and gave the blonde a warm hug. ‘’Nice to see you.’’ Then she held up a badge. A badge with two wings on it. I looked at her with a confused look. On her voice it sounded like I should know what it was. After a few seconds of thinking I answered her. ‘’Cool. It looks nice. Where did you found it?’’

Before she could answer me a male voice was herd. I looked at Ariel, then at @Hikoru and back to Ariel. ‘’Ari, why is her like this? I know you aren’t on best terms but, that was a little too rough in my opinion.’’ Then I focused back on Hikoru. ‘’Why this harsh tone against Ariel? Its not my business but I think you could relax a bit. She haven’t said anything offending right?’’

A slight nod was received, and just as well returned to Hikoru, probably saving his voice for later. Giving off a small smile as @Itzal would greet him back. “Looks like you’re still rolling on the frontlines, good to see you” he’d say. Giggling lightly, Macradon was happy that he had some acquaintances who didn’t just disappear like many others he knew. The happiness of his mind quickly shifted towards anger, hatred and wrath as he heard some words fly through the air. “... no one has died in a floor boss in a while... I cannot remember the last time a player had died …”. Macradon would grit his teeth and clench his fist. He was there, he witnessed it. Before he even got to say anything, someone else did it, someone who weren’t the most popular amongst the frontliners at the moment, Ariel. She would list some of the recent deaths of players at boss raids. He agreed that it wasn’t that well for Beatbox to say that he couldn’t remember when someone last died at a raid when it was so recent … Macradon would slowly take a breath in a keep cool.

Even though he agreed to most of what Ariel said, he still didn’t agree on the way she nonchalantly blurted it all out. With quick notion, Hikoru quickly jumped to the action and would silence the crowd as he would begin to come with info of the boss and its room. Quickly greeting all the ones he knew that would arrive at the guildhall, Macradon would stay standing at this spot he had designated himself. Listening to the details of it being Mothra and a room in webbing, it did sound like Fire could be its weakness, but as Hikoru stated, could easily be just as deadly to them. Balthazar would quickly spot someone … peculiar … someone who did not fit in with the rest of the crowd, and it seemed like she had spotted him as well. The owlbear would slant its head slightly, still not sure of how to approach this. The girl would approach the small owlbear cub, well cub was a large, or small?, word for this thing, it was quite big for being a cub, but still not overly big, the little cub would be slightly intimidated by the young figure approaching, but not too scared as its partner was right besides it … or so it thought. Macradon had begun walking over to the table to be able to discuss with the other guilds and their higher ups.

Balthazar would try to keep it cool and let the small figure pet him, his fuzzy, furry and feathered body. He would let out a small screech mixed with a small bear groan in amusement from the kind handling by the young child. She would quickly avert her attention to something else, which Balthazar was fine with, as he wasn’t too experienced with contact with living people other than Macradon. Quietly scuttling back over to Macradon, Balthazar would be sitting besides the knight in white. Quickly listening to what Baldur commented, Macradon would nod and be sure to grab a Cerberus potion with him to this raid so he had something to do other than bleed the moth to death … Having all these notes, Macradon really had nothing to say, at least not yet.

@Eira

Edited by Macradon

“Hey Itzal, glad to see that you are joining us on the raid.” The snow-haired player would explain with his eyes-half closed. He placed his right arm on the armrest of his chair, right hand balled up into a fist. The side of his head would rest against his knuckles, showing he was more or less just calm and careless about the scene. “Hm, you mention all sorts of items being carried with us, but with these prices and the current state of the economy, I don’t think it will be so easy.” He lifted his head up and placed his right fist into the exposed left palm of his hand, facing upwards. “But I don’t mind making an exception. I’ll compromise profit and sell any item and request. I think 5 materials for any item should be a good price, I could definitely use some of those anyways.”

The explanation the DPS paladin offered was clear enough, it reciprocated everything that the group was able to summarize about the boss. Some details were iffy, as he mentioned, but most of it seemed to hold up very well. If Sey had a chance to actually enter, maybe something else may have been noticed. Regretfully, he was unable to carry out that task, as he would end up being a pile of crystals should he try it. Anyways, it seemed like a decent summary anyways. He might as well add something onto it. “If you have not done it already, should the burn theory be deemed correct, I suggest taking quests such as Deforestation as soon as possible, even if you have done it. The more effects that we can stack on the enemy, the better. Even if not Burn, it can be Paralysis, Freeze, things of that nature.” He would then lean forward from his relaxed posture, folding his hands on the table as he would shift his eyes from side to side.

A sudden ginger would appear by Kyu, a small child who daringly placed her palm on the head of the white wolf. The familiar’s eyes would wince awkward for a few moments of patting. Her patience ran thin, and her growl began to reveal itself. Sey didn’t need to warn the child, as at that time, she wisely placed herself away from the wolf. Good, it looks like they weren’t going to have a scene be made out of this group of people.  “It looks like we have a decent number of people for this raid. If that’s the case…” He turned to Hikoru, only to notice he seemed to be in the middle of something with a few ladies, one who helped him with some last minute Alchemy, and one with Ariel based on the words of the Alchemist. Sey figured it was best to leave that alone. “Nevermind… I’ll figure out when we’ll be fighting it myself.”

@Eira @Itzal

Tension. Kasier's eyes glared from the darkness of the corner that she was standing in. Her blood red eyes - ones that looked like they were out for blood but was capable of kindness to anyone who deserves it. Ones that looked like they could kill on eye contact but saves others. Kasier, healer of the Celestian Ascendants - it was a shame that not many people knew who the fourth paladin was. Everyone knew who Jonathan, Itzal, and of course, Hikoru and although some of the people present would recognize the name: Kasier, most of them would be unable to match the name to face. If she walked around right now, half of the people in this room would not know who she was. And it was pleasant that way to be fair. She truly didn't like the sensation of attention. She was no one important - just another player of this jail after all. Just another player... Kasier sighed, looking up at just the right moment to see Itzal waving to her.

It was greetings but he didn't do much after that. It was a clear indication that Kasier could do whatever she wanted to do and she would always choose to sit next to Itzal. Hence, moving away from the dark corner, she sat down on the empty chair next to Itzal and inspected the surroundings. The Celestial Ascendant paladins were all here - and even some members as well. Sey, the white haired man that had proven to be quite the interesting player was here as well. This one was probably higher leveled than here already... And that wasn't a surprise at all. Kasier nodded to the man before continuing to scan the surrounding area. Zandra was here as well - someone whom she admired a long time ago... But it had been a while since she last saw her. I wonder how she's been doing? Kasier thought and when she saw a little child among the intimidating front liners, she immediately looked over at Itzal and began to whisper to him.

"What happened so far? And why is she here?" Kasier asked, staring directly at the little kid who seemed as out of place as a lion in a wolve's den.

@Itzal  @Eira

Itzal listened as only Sey really spoke out to discuss matters further.  Itzal knew that not everyone could take on the deforestation quest easily, however most of the players here should consider it a breeze.  Itzal certainly couldn't do it that well but it didn't matter anyways.  He figured he'd be going on the supporter mode this round.  Whether it was stunning the boss or throwing debuffs, whatever was needed more.  After Sey mentioned that they should try as many status effects as possible Itzal nodded.  "That's right.  The moth is an insect so it might be possible for any status condition to affect it.  Burn, bleed, paralysis, poison if anyone has a potion or the unique skill on their weapon.  Although I'm wondering if the moth will have an ability to create some sort of armor of silk to keep some of these effects off of it.  I doubt it but we should at least consider the possibility.  Also, what if the gusts of wind do more than just throw debris everywhere?  What if it lowers accuracy?  Or prevents players from attacking by knocking us back?  We need to think of every possibility, as well as what it might do to attack.  Have we considered if this boss might have simple raw damage on it's side, or if it might have a status effect like poison as well?"  Poison was often strongly associated with insects so he wanted everyone to consider this.  Then Kasier sat beside him and he was about to greet her when she asked what happened thus far and why Eira was here.  "Well we know that the boss is a huge moth and the room is covered in silk, thus we assume that there will be a debuff in evasion here.  We considered if there was a way to remove the silk but so far we don't think so.  Apparently the moth is extremely fast and it's wings cast strong gales of wind that most likely will throw debris everywhere.  Other than that we're just going off of logic, reasoning and educated guesses as to the rest of it.  We think that burn might have a strong effect on the boss though.  As for Eira here I'm not sure why she came, but she should be fine as long as she decides not to sneak along with us to the boss room."

@Kasier @Eira

Beatbox had looked over to Ariel in which had made disturbingly terrible comments to not only him but even interrupted the conversations gathered, before he could say anything Hikoru had already stepped up and said something out loud to the many. Then a bit of talking had occurred and boss chat had begun... and honestly Beatbox didn't pay much attention too it, he gathered key words but that was about it, he just thought of what could possibly going on in the mind of Ariels, or any one for that matter. There could be a whole new person coming into this boss battle that we might not know about, now would be a good time to speak up about something "Might I add something?" he said "Sorry for interrupting, however, it has come to my attention that the behavior of others seems to be... lackluster at best, and we cannot fight about who goes where and fight about it, or even potentially sabotage things. Not gonna point any fingers but we've had this happen before, and even on a boss fight to help beginner level players. And in all honesty, the only thing I can add is if someone gets a loud and disrespectful and begins to sabotage a player, they must be apprehended. I will not tolerate another commotion between us players when its our damn jobs to get the hell out of this place. If someone is not willing to work with everyone, then they might as well not follow. That is it." he took a seat and listened to the rest of the meeting, then a small child had walked in... it was... a player. Needless to say, she cannot come to boss fight and let alone bother us in the meeting, he noticed a couple of people talking about the player, so Beatbox did the one thing that he could, he stood up and opened his menu pulling out a lollipop he made a while back and offered it to the kid kneeling down giving her a smile and a pat on the head "Here, take your new friend outside, there's a swing set hanging from the cliff, go have fun... we're a little busy right now."

@Eira

Returning the hug from Zandra, the blonde was slightly disappointed that she didn't know what the badge stood for. Seems like she will have to cut the fun short for now as Hikoru decided go come and give her a warming. She let out a sigh and let her shoulder slump into a shrug as she answered the dragoness: "I don't know Z-chan... he's been like this ever since we broke up. I only wish he were this firm when we we're still a thing. It kind of hurts to see him like this now... Just let him be, he has a meeting to run." muttered the blonde, adding a silver line of honesty to her indirect reply while still having Hikoru in her sight but talking to Zandra.

Then she turned her back at him after Beatbox's reference to her actions a while back, a small 'tsk' escaping her lips. She raised the badge and initialized a trade with Zandra so that the ownership rights to the item will immediately be passed to her. She added the 'The Dragon of the Sea' badge and hit accept before the red eyed girl would make any comments. After the trade was completed, Ariel continued with a more cheerful tone: "You know, during the failed attempt at the naval event, me and that guy..." she slightly raised a finger and discreetly pointed it at Morgestern then continued: "We boarded the remaining crew less ships and brought then back to shore. The little loli gave me this in return. That badge is the proof of ownership of 'The Dragon of the Sea'. Apparently the one holding it will be the captain of the Sea dragon when the event resumes.

The blonde then cast her gaze downwards and showed some resemblance of regret, though nothing ostentatious: "I shouldn't have gave you that vanity armor... if you were in your usual gear wouldn't have had to retreat... Consider this my apology, I hope you're not angry at me and we can still be friends." She wasn't sure if an apology was warranted but she wanted to still be close to one of her few remaining friends.

At this point, whatever was discussed partially registered to her however she did picked up that the next boss would be a moth and the first question that she would pose was: "If that thing flies...how are we supposed to hit it?" almost unconsciously she slightly raised her voice when she asked. Realizing her intervention the blonde looked to the side with a frown and continued: "...you said that the boss room is a open area... Is there anything we can use as a springboard to reach it or do we just wait and hope its comes down and attack up with a close range physical attack, so we would get a chance to counterattack. Can we use light somehow to attract it?" she said in a pragmatic tone.

Gave Zandra 1x 'The Dragon of the Sea' badge. (Vanity event item)

Seul couldn’t help himself from leaning on one arm and space out just as the meeting had begun. A couple other players had wandered in but he didn't make any extra effort to address them individually. So this was the frontline now… If only all those people who lost their lives could be here now to see how much everyone had grown.

In the midst of his daydream Beatbox had approached and brought up the elephant in the room to which he only shook his head. Now wasn't the best time or place to discuss such things, but if he really wanted to know the truth would be revealed eventually.

Hikoru put forth all the information they had and the players in turn started offering up their own ideas. He felt nothing really worthwhile was said in response though. Though he didn't say it, he would have liked for the meeting to move toward a conclusion. Their job was done and the info was out there, they all just needed to decide on a day to gather at the boss room.

The explanation given to the young blonde by Itzal was confusing, to say the least. Big words such as mitigation, and perplexing terminology made it difficult for the child to understand. Deciding that it was too stressful and taxing to try to piece together and figure out, Eira went back to coloring. Upon finishing, she proudly showed off her masterpiece, and basked in the attention that followed. Hikoru, the one who at least in the child’s mind seemed to be in charge, complimented it, as did Itzal. However, the bubbly feeling of that quickly went away as a new distraction presented itself. 

“Ferret!” she squeaked in delight as the ferret crawled out of Hikoru’s jacket and approached her. Happily, she kept the small, furry creature on her and attempted to cuddle it happily. She had been around ferrets before in real life at a friend’s house. Luckily from that, she knew how to properly handle it without hurting or making it uncomfortable. Now that she was done coloring… what next to do?

Eira considered going back to the wolf who had been previously growling. She did not know why the white she-wolf growled, and could only guess it was probably having a bad day. Because of that, she wanted to do her best to cheer up the creature. Before she did, however, she overheard the blonde-haired woman, Kasier, whispering to Itzal. She was seated right next to the dark-haired boy, and picked up on the conversation. The answer Itzal gave was confusing, and rather inaccurate, in her opinion. “I wanted to color!” she explained, holding up the picture of the blue, purple, and red moth colored in a spectacular fashion with crayons. “Do you like it?”

Suddenly, another player with blonde hair and blue eyes walked over with his menu open. He spawned a piece of candy- a lollipop- and handed it to the nine year old. He suggested that she go outside to swing, though the thought was not an interesting one, in Eira’s mind. She already frequented the swing a lot, and doubted that there was a crowd of people outside around there to watch. “I don’t want to swing right now,” she replied bluntly and sincerely. It was true. She wanted to stay in the room with the grown-ups. Rarely did gatherings like this occur, and she wished to be included and to stay and watch. Besides, Aincrad had not any pet stores, so she enjoyed playing with the various animals that people brought with them.

Speaking of pets, Eira instantly spied the other one that she had missed. He was on the back of a man who seemed to be extremely quiet and somewhat timid, from what her young and innocent mind could perceive. “Thanks for the candy,” she chirped at the blonde-haired man as she began to creep out of her seat. “Itzal please don’t let anyone take my seat.”

With that, the child began to walk over towards the brown-haired man with the turtle on his back. She had not met a reptile other than Velnia, Itzal’s purple dragon. Approaching the man with the small lollipop in her mouth and the Ferret supposedly resting on her shoulder, blue eyes locked on the turtle’s hard shell. Eventually she stopped at Shield’s seat and attempted to reach out her hand to pet the turtle’s hard shell. It would not feel soft and furry, but surely still interesting for at least a little while. 

@Itzal @Kasier @Shield @Beatbox

Jonathan watched as the little girl began to bound around playfully, keeping the familiars company. His familiar remained high in the ceiling to prevent such a thing from happening to him. Everyone appeared to be saying this by themselves, and Shield was even seen grimacing in the room from a chair. 'I need to get things moving along or something' "Alright everyone, lets get things moving. So, I am going to guess as he is not attending that there shall be no Heathcliff?" He looked over at Macradon questioningly. "This means we have three available tanks to place into different groups. We need to try and get one support player per tank. Sadly, we are fresh out of healers, with Sey and Zandra being the only ones that are strong enough to got to the boss fight with healing abilities that I know of. Sey, I believe should be under Shield, and perhaps Zandra under Calrex. That leaves an empty space for myself, which I can take Itzal... or someone else if need be" He eyed around the room for and contesters. "That person can be loaded with crystals and items. 

He looked around the room to find different people. "Hikoru, Ariel, Seul, Baldur, Beatbox, Macradon and... Beat" He paused at the last name. He was a bit skeptical about putting that DPS in at such a fast place. He would have to talk to the man and ensure he really wanted to go through with this. "Can each be divided equally between tanks as man damage dealers to the boss. We will have one extra somewhere, and that one extra will be Beat. That will mean an average of four players per group, and if anyone else wishes to show from the KoB or the Spectrum that would be nice. Having Mack and Tak would be great here." 

He scanned the room. "I don't think I have missed anyone strong enough to be included. If I have missed you, and you feel like you should be in the boss fight please raise your hand" 

Hikoru listened to everyone quietly and gave a nod. A lot of good points were brought up, from Baldur to Beatbox to even Ariel, He nodded and let them go in silence while he thought of teams. He wanted this fight to be organized, and not haphazardly done like it had been at previous fights. He watched as the young girl took Sutetchi on her shoulder and went to pet the turtle, and something didn't sit right with him... Then he remembered that the turtle has a tendency to bite, as far as he remembered from the Valentine Dance not too long ago. He quickly sprinted over and picked up the girl, picking her up and away from the turtle and preparing to get bit. He held the girl up in the air, away from the jaws of the flesh-biting turtle upon Shields back. He looked at the girl as he took her away

"Now now, lets be careful... That turtle is a meanie, he'll bite you if you get close to him. Be safe okay?" He said, then sat her down back into her chair. Seeing as she didn't want to leave as far as he could tell. If she did she would have left at the voice of Beatbox's offer to go play on the swingset. While he was busy with the small girl, he heard Jonathan think of teams. He mentally kicked himself, as he had forgotten to do that. He went to his chair and sat, letting out a small sigh and looking around.

"I propose we do Guild teams, since we have all three active ones here that are on the frontlines. While that can be hard, I want to ask Shield and Beat to go and help the KoB, if they are up for it." He said with a nod. "That would leave the Spectrum with their own group, lead by Calrex, Baldur, and Takao who i'm sure will show up. You can take Zandra as your healer, and Ariel too, since I know she's close to Zandra." He said out loud, then muttered under his breath "And if I don't she might kill another person..." He cleared his throat and thought for another moment. "Then that leaves Morgernstern, Beatbox, Itzal, and myself on the last team." Then he looked at Kaiser "And you can come along with us if you feel up to it. If not then all as well." He turned to the rest "Sey can either go to the KoB or to CA, whoever may need him more as he is good in both damage and healing." He said, giving a nod to the player. "Any questions or other ideas for groups? Let's get these teams set up."

He watched as the meeting continued despite the young girl's interruption.  That was to be expected of course as these front liners no doubted wanted to get the meeting over with and clear out the next boss in order to unlock the third tier.  Yes he had indeed heard about how the third tier would be unlocked after this boss.  Domarus most likely wouldn't be able to assist them just yet but not yet.  He'd need to depend on these players to get the boss cleared out while he trained.  Besides he wasn't anywhere near the level required to use tier three at any rate.  They started by establishing that it was an AoE boss, or at least that was the blonde haired player's guess.  Morgenstern he believed his name was.  Another player spoke up who Domarus recognized as Sey and mentioned how prices should be lower for the front liners who were getting equipment for the battle to which Domarus frowned inwardly.  The front liners were strong enough to get plenty of col or materials if they actually got to it.  To give them a discount simply because players were in a rush was foolish.  They were able to pay and they weren't better than anyone else, despite what some of them might think.  Then the conversation switched from discussing what they already knew and how to work around that, to coming up with abilities it might have and discussing those instead.  It started with Sey, then the black haired player, Itzal, the player Aereth had informed him about, brought the discussion further away from the required topic.  It was almost sad to see that this was what the front lines were made of.  Then the blonde haired player...  Beatbox he believed his name was, interrupted in order to send a clear message to all players telling any mischievous players to refrain from killing others.  Domarus would watch player's reactions to see who would react and who would not.  Afterwards the blonde handed the young girl a sweet and gently told her to beat it.  Domarus knew it wouldn't work.  Children would only resist and refuse if told to leave.  The best option would be to give her something entertaining and keep her occupied.  And as he predicted the girl bluntly refused and almost immediately got off her seat to go meet someone else.  Then the blonde tank and the one who started this meeting finally brought the conversation to something worthwhile.  So he would not be participating.  Domarus had no qualms with that.  His group wasn't even ready yet.  He'd need to train anyways as he wasn't even level thirty just yet, though he was nearly there.

Baldur raised his hand slightly, but spoke without waiting for anyone else to acknowledge him. He stood up, rather than remaining leaning at the wall. He glanced towards the bluenette who was technically the leader of their guild, though that wasn't quite how they operated. The steel blue eyes of the gaijin surveyed the players assembled for only a heartbeat as he drew in his breath to speak.

"I would count on us for four. We'll have our own tank." Baldur indicated Calrex, "and 3 DPS. I'm all for taking Zandra and Ariel, so that would put us at a full six, and that would make us a perfectly balanced group."

Turning to look at the super tank, Baldur slightly raised an eyebrow at him in a subtle question of asking him if Baldur had missed anything. He was pleased with this group, as he had worked with Zandra and Ariel a lot, and it would make them the most heavily stacked group as well. They could deal with anything that came this way. They could probably even take on the boss on their own this way, but Baldur burned the thought away. Those were Azure Brigade thoughts. They didn't just need to defeat the floor boss, they needed to help those whose first fight this was get their feet under them, and then when a surprise came as it always did, they would have a full roster of seasoned frontliners.

Hakai walked into the guild hall, well aware that she was incredibly late. That was really the point though. She wasnt the sort that wanted to sit through long meetings where nothing ever actually got done. And if this was anything like the last few events/meetings she had attended.... She glanced around. Yup, being late was the right decision. She turned her eyes back away from Ariel. The woman seemed to thrive on drama. So with any luck she had skipped that part too. She didnt bother to smirk. Now she was back to this ****. She really hated the frontlines and most of the people there. She just wanted to slash some of the people here up. She scowled and turned her attention to Baldur who was speaking. She actually had no clue what was going on, although she could pretty much guess. She raised her hand to give her opinion, bluntly, unlike before when she was trying to be nice. "We all already know the plan. Im late but i already know how the fight will go. Tanks take the damage and damage dealers deal damage. Healers act like their important while not really doing much." She let out a sharp short laugh. "But whatever, continue wasting time concocting some plan that no one will actually follow. Its all about the demonics and you all know it."