Post per level graphic

why the hell is everything else consistent but 7-8

Through a little bit of research into looking at the furthest back these forums go, I would assume that people started to hit level 7 and at the time didn't know how many posts were required to get any higher. The management at that time probably through out some higher numbers in order to slow things down and make them take longer :P the graph then averages out because they probably sat down and really thought about it, but didn't go back and change the existing numbers.

I wasn't here then, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. I was surprised when I saw this. I knew it was pretty huge, but the graphic just really shows it in a way numbers alone can't :)

I had a text copy that I made on my phone with the gaps and the 188 post peak threw me off the first time. Thought I had mathed wrong, but boy oh boy, I'm about to have to overcome that hurdle. Just gotta get to Level 10...

What's really scarey is that going from 7-8 is almost exactly as many posts as it takes to get from level 1 to level 7. It's enough to get you from level 8 to level 10. And beyond that, it's about 4 levels anywhere after that.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't want to side track the other thread about weapon tiers.

So I came up with some interesting results.

SAOAdjustedposts_zpsb8295e65.jpg

You'll probably want to download the image, or just look at the pretty lines. The blue lines are the current posts per level. The thin black line is the adjusted average of our current system. The red line is what I would propose. The biggest steeper ramp ends at level 10, where the slope then matches the higher levels, basically cutting out the peaks and valleys.

This would really affect those going through the low levels, though almost everyone would receive a bump.

Currently:

Level 6 is 93 posts

Level 7 is 184 posts

Level 8 is 372 posts

Level 9 is 469 posts

Level 10 is 568 posts

and then it normalizes for a while.

Under a revised, more consistent scale. The first 5 levels are more difficult, but consistent (each level requires 5 more posts than the last). They meet at level 6, which require about 100 posts.

However: 

level 7 only becomes 137

level 8 only becomes 177

level 9 becomes 222

Level 10 becomes 270

This would put people currently 7 up into the 8 to 12 range

People currently level 8 would go up into the 12 to 14 range

level 9s would go into the 14 to 16 range

It very quickly normalizes after that.

Nooo!! don't normalize puberty!!!! it should be difficult, as it was when we all passed it. Keep it!!!

As motivation for all them young ones:D

//I know you like your statistics and congradulate you, that one course has been like hell to me last year. But it wasn't all for nothing since I can actually understand what those lines represent and your reasoning. BUT:

There is no reason for level 7 to be the same as 10 levels anywhere outside of that range  :P

puberty - it happens whatever we like it or not