Jump to content
The Shadow

[EV-F07] Storm of Shadows

Recommended Posts

UlL20gvwRGXo0XbdUGN3wmk4B4aHnl4vC9vvjT2K
<<Storm of Shadows>>

“Mamma, what’s that?”

Desiree straightened, dragging the back of her dirty hand across her sweaty forehead. The hoe she had diligently worked the soil with rested against her arm, and she rolled her shoulders stiffly as she turned to her daughter. “What’s what, Mara?”

The girl bounded up to Desiree, her curls bouncing like springs, and pointed at the sky. Dark clouds spread like massive wings across the once-blue canvas, a bird of prey that chased off the warmth and light. 

“Just a storm coming,” came the woman’s matter-of-fact reply.

Those blonde corkscrews bounced again as the child shook her head. “No,” Mara countered. “It’s wrong. Don’t you feel it?”

Something in the girl’s answer sent a chill down Desiree’s spine. At the same time, fat raindrops began to fall from the ever-darkening sky. A cold gust of wind blasted through the valley, sending the long blades of grass bowing beneath its might. The hoe fell to ground as Desiree stepped away from the garden, one hand grabbing for her daughter, and the other for her wildly flapping skirts. Her salt and pepper hair blasted back from her flushed face as she drew Mara closer. Only then did she notice the girl’s outstretched hand, and the small pool of liquid collecting in her palm. Where Desiree should have found clear rain water, there was only a thick, black ink.

Shouts went up from the nearby houses, likely from people coming to the same realization. Even the heavily-armored individuals who generally seemed at ease in their village appeared panicked by the strange phenomenon. They ran together in small packs, heading for the plaza in the town’s center. Those like Desiree, who had spent their entire lives in the same houses, now ducked into those rickety dwellings. With crashes lost to the howling wind, they slammed their doors against the strange new threat.

Desiree could see it, and she could hear it. Deep down, in the very fiber of her being, she could also feel that something was very, very wrong.
 


Rules

  • Players may only participate with one of their characters in this event. Those involved in the boss fight may participate in this event with an alt.
  • Players participating will post once per round, roleplaying their escape from the storm. They may focus on aiding other players, helping NPCs, looting buildings, saving themselves, etc. How your character reacts to the disaster is entirely up to you.
  • The shadows quickly consume the teleport gate, stranding all players on the seventh floor.
  • Players will roll the Loot Die to determine if they manage to keep going.
  • Any player that fails to post in the allotted time is assumed to have a Loot dice roll of zero. They can be saved if another player sacrifices a part of their LD to save them (read below for more information).
  • Each round will last 72 hours.
  • Players do not need to include their stats/inventory for this event - they will not be used.
  • There is no real risk involved in this event. Your character cannot die, and player level, skills, and equipment will provide no benefits. 

Mechanics

  • Each turn, every player still remaining will roll the Loot Dice to determine if they managed to escape the storm. If their roll matches or exceeds the minimum amount, they continue on with the event.
    • Should a player not meet the Loot Dice requirement, they are swallowed up into the storm. They may post once more to describe their experience in the storm. Afterwards, they may not continue posting in the event.
      • Upon becoming consumed by the shadows, players will find themselves in a place where they can't see, hear, or smell anything. The only thing they feel is a brisk cold that continues to grow colder until the player becomes completely numb to it. 
  • A player may sacrifice some of their Loot Dice roll to add it on to another player. They may only aid one person per round.
    • I.E: The requirement to escape the Storm of Shadows is a LD:10. Player A rolls a LD:12. Afterwards, Player B rolls a LD:9. Player A sacrifices part of their roll, making their LD:11 and Player B's LD:10. Both Player A and Player B continue.
  • A player may sacrifice enough of their LD to send their total below the threshold, but they will fail in the process.
    • I.E: The requirement to escape the Storm of Shadows is a LD:10. Player A rolls a LD:12. Afterwards, Player B rolls a LD:2. Player A sacrifices part of their roll, making their LD:4 and Player B's LD:10. Player B continues on, but Player A is lost to the storm.

Posting & Template

  • If you plan to give or receive LD values, you must edit your post to reflect this.
    • Both the giver and the receiver must note the transaction in their post.
    • No edits will be allowed past the deadline, so no further trading may take place.
  • All posts must include the following template somewhere. You only need to fill out the bottom two parts if you are giving/receiving.
    Spoiler

    ID#:
    Initial Roll Value:
    Giving or Receiving: List who you're giving to or receiving from, and how much.
    Final Roll Value: The value after you've added or subtracted.

     


6a150e90561f2dfc48bd3a831f223d5b.jpg

 

Round One will end in

The LD Threshold is 0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aru    0

Aru had been exploring and shopping on the Seventh Floor. He was still trying to find a few bits and pieces to his build so he could finally get started on his climb to the frontlines. Hikoru had warned him that things would be difficult at first, but once he got his bearings that things would start to run smoothly. His master hadn't given him anything to get started with. He wanted him to start like every other player, as so he could "Have equal thoughts" or something like that. Sometimes Hik didn't make sense, but he had tried to respect what he said, even if he was struggling to find help. He had met Shield and bought a few cool axes though, but their names were... interesting, to say the least. That was a start.

Suddenly, he felt the air start to grow a bit colder. The wind was starting to pick up, and he looked up to see dark storm clouds brewing. His eyebrows furrowed on his head in confusion. Was this something that happened on the 7th floor? No, no that didn't make sense. In learning about the floors, this wasn't something that usually happened. He saw some of the NPC's look a bit concerned and start to leave the area. His hand reached for his axe. Something was wrong here. He didn't know what. But his instincts told him that this wasn't a good thing. He decided to follow the NPC's for now, to see where they would end up.

ID: 176694

Initial Roll Value: 14 (I know I didn't really need to roll, but wanted to have a good start)

Edited by Aru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the sky began to darken Katoka looked up and squinted at the clouds rolling in. The wind pushing them over the town on floor 7 was colder than what she had grown accustom to the past few hours. Her skin erupted in goosebumps and she rubbed her arms as she shivered, "What the hell is this?"

The samurai had been scouting shops and things on this floor wanting to get a gift for Sam, but she had never visited this area before. As she stood outside of the shop she watched the growing mass of clouds move quickly into place, coming to almost a complete stop overhead. Arching a brow at the strange weather system she heard the cries from the towns folk and players alike as a cold rain fell upon them. The water falling from the sky felt off though, holding out her hand she caught some of the liquid in her hand and saw it's inky blackness.

With a gasp she dropped the "rain" from her hand looked around for the closest covered area. Seeing the awning of a nearby shop she raced through the crowed so she could get a better view of what was happening.

 

Spoiler

ID#: 176696
Initial Roll Value: 6
Giving or Receiving: N/A
Final Roll Value: N/A

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Ancient times, purportedly, the god of Abraham and his sons became hideously displeased with his creation. In keeping with his Covenant, he chose a handful of his people and protected them from his wrath. They were instructed to build an Ark.

When Alkor glanced up at the looming darkness, he remembered such stories. Clouds unlike anything that he had ever seen stretched out along the firmament and threatened to swallow the horizon whole. 

The clouds deprived the land of light, instead showering down tangible darkness. He stretched out his hand and cupped his palm, allowing for the strange substance to stain flesh. If it were water, it was far too foul to sustain life. Crops would wilt, man would choke. 

Alkor watched the ground run over with now steady precipitation, and a puddle quickly grew into a small lake at his feet. It did not look close to stopping. "Shit," he cursed. There was precious little time to spend on a plan. If his notion about this were correct, it would grow to a point where it might cause flood damage or worse. He had to gamble on just how bad it would get, and if his life were on the line or not.

That was a risk he refused to take..

He started to take stock of his surroundings. Each step sloshed as the ground went from slick to muck, and the dirt garbled as it clung to his boots. Alkor saw the floorboards of a building crack under the pressure of rising water levels as the grotesque, inky liquid seeped up through and pulled the wood under. As the ichor poured down on him with a mounting fury, he heard a dull creak. The building to his left folded under immense pressure from the black rain that pooled on its top. These were the weakest of the buildings, but they served as a benchmark. Over time, if this kept up, nothing would be safe.

He needed to get to higher ground.

ID#: 176705
Initial Roll Value: 8
Giving or Receiving: N/A
Final Roll Value: N/A
Edited by Alkor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Edited after Deadline, Does not count for rewards

A bitter chill on a moonlit night, the high risen moon began to become opaque as a darkness took hold. From her high-rise with her hunt of Valentina keeping her ample on this floor. "odd..." she mutters as the dusk loomed and buried sight slowly, a soft sway of wind parading over the gold fields of wheat and crags of stone. Slowly drawing from its saya, the glimmer of steel as she bit the inside of her cheek. A young night feigning midnight, the darkness and this cold to which she was no stranger. A sudden leap from roof top to another, moving toward the outer walls to get a clearer visual. No glow stone seems to light, her vision was hers alone as her breath in its white hotness mirrored floor 4's. "Let the hunt begin..." She spoke with the taste of copper lining her teeth, and with a smile she lifts the ice blue cloth over her mouth.

ID#: 176706
Initial Roll Value: 1
Giving or Receiving: N/A
Final Roll Value: N/A

Edited by Setsuna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Val ran his hand through his hair before looking in the basket again. The last couple of days have been increasingly busy. He made plans to take Grimm on a picnic today and could hardly sleep in excitement. The picnic was not the complete cause of his excitement. He had recently managed to get property on Grimm's favorite floor and planned on asking him to move in with him.

The distant sound of rain approached his ears. The sound made him sad as he would have to postpone the picnic. He sent a message to Grimm asking to meet in the village inn. It would be better for them to spend a cozy afternoon inside. Val was sure that he read up on the idea of an indoor picnic at some point. This could be a new experience for him. He would have never had a indoor picnic in such a quaint place as his current destination in the real world.

Spoiler

 

ID#: 176711
Initial Roll Value: 14
Giving or Receiving: N/A
Final Roll Value: N/A

@Grimm Reaper

 

 

Edited by Valentine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ozwald came to the seventh floor to meet Valentine for what seemed to him to be a pretty important date. There was no reason for him to have brought anything with him on this date, so he left it all at home, opting for a nice look in a flannel and tank top with black pants. The day had been nice so far so he had dressed for warm weather and was happy at the warmth that the sun was providing him and his familiar Ryoto.

This all changed in Ozwald's mind when the sky went dark as rolling clouds of pitch blackness rolled in above them. Looking up Ozwald could see some rain start to fall "That's odd, I guess our date is put on hold." Ozwald thought to himself still staring at the sky, something was off. Holding out his hand Ozwald let the rain pool on his hand, noticing that the rain was of a black darker than the armor Ozwald normally wore. Ozwald let the rain drop from his hand the first thoughts going through his mind being "Where is Val?" Ozwald was worried, this wasn't naturally and it was beginning to bother him. Ozwald walked faster to their original meeting place, too distracted to get the message that Val had left for him.

Spoiler

ID#: 176714
Initial Roll Value: 3
Giving or Receiving: N/A
Final Roll Value: N/A

 

Edited by Grimm Reaper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosa had buried herself in a cloak, a wary look on her face. The seventh floor was not somewhere she went often, in fact, she usually stayed far away... but something seemed to have drawn players here. the floor seemed... off. There was an odd rain, splashing a odd liquid that was pitch black in color on the players. She glanced at the Npc's, who all seemed to be on edge... Completely abnormal for the people here. She pulled her cloak tighter around herself, shivering, and moved under a building. It was very cold, much colder than it was supposed to be. Perhaps this was an event of some kind? It would probably be better to try and wait this out, and see what would potentially happen.

All she really knew, though, was that she hated rain. Painful memories, painful events... all those things melded together to dredge up pain, and bring a burning grief. now, though... it was left as pure cold. She held out her hand, palm facing up, so that she could catch the black water, her eyes watching as the color stayed there, even though the liquid was dripping down...

Spoiler

ID#: 176712
Initial Roll Value: 8
Giving or Receiving: N/A
Final Roll Value: N/A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When inky soot fell upon his doorstep, it was all the chef could do to look up towards the oncoming torrent.

Darkness. A hurricane devoid of life as far as his eye could see.

A puddle formed near him. Daemien gingerly stuck his boot into it. The erasure zone was only slightly sticky, pooling across the dirt with every second, a threat to invade his tiny workshop in the wild. His feet found respite onto the ground below once more, away from the weaving tide that slinked past the individual blades of emerald by his stature.

The brief moment of hesitation in his movements made his calculated moves an execution of inefficiency. A thumb lifted the patch fabric from his other eye. With it, the man analyzed the liquid around him.

Nothing but hate and a result window dipped in red text.

Ah. Perhaps Cardinal had finally decided come for him.

The drop of his finger from his face was swift, Daemien's vision stolen from the environment around him in a heartbeat. That shuffle towards his equipment was hastier, less rigid. Though he had been one unbothered by the realm around him, in that moment, the unexpected was to occur. It very well shook him to his core.

He paced like a wraith with a vengeance, the magenta blur collecting but a handful of items before retreating only his essential tools to his hold. The sleeping bag he had would've been appreciated to keep in store had it not already been coaxed in grunge when his eyes had settled upon it. In a flash, as the heavens chased his footsteps, he too would flee further into the wilderness.

Onwards. Faster. What would remain of the figure was but a trail of stained boot prints across the forest floor.


ID#: 176713
Initial Roll Value: 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Floor seven was so boring compared to the rest of the floors like it. Just another big green forest, only with a few less trees and more hills and mountains. This made it a really good place for Assassin to train her vertical movement. Climbing was difficult to do fast, so the only way she could get better at it was to practice with a little bit of rock scaling. As she made her way up the side of the mountain, she could see the dark clouds rolling in. Storms weren't very prevalent in Aincrad, or she just didn't spend a lot of time on floors where it was pretty much always raining, but something about this one didn't feel right.

Before she knew it, dark blurs of rain crashed to the ground. Drops of darkness that were as large as small house poured overhead. People below ran for their lives, seeking refuge anywhere but where they were. Assassin pulled herself on to the cliff of the mountain. She had a good head start to a vantage point, but how long would that last. Quickly, she opened her menu and pulled up Hidden's name

Spoiler

To: @Hidden
From: Assassin

If I don't make it out of this alive, I love you.

Sent, but not received. A grimace fell on her face, but that would have to go on the backburner for now. Some of the black rain was heading straight for her. Latching on to the cliff, she continued her climb, but this time for her life.


ID#: 176954
Initial Roll Value: 13
Giving or Receiving: Giving 2 to @Alkor
Final Roll Value: Assassin: 11 | Alkor: 10

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

| 177034: LD 8

"Weren't the skies clear just a moment ago...?"

Mishiro lifted her eyes from the page, slipping a bookmark beneath the line she'd stopped at. Across her corner seat, Claude distractedly reached for his coffee, but his gloved hand met only empty space.

"Good morning, Aniki."

"I wasn't sleeping," he said halfheartedly.

She set down an empty mug. "Then surely you would have been more mindful."

Outside, it started to rain. Claude stopped a passing NPC waiter, the only other entity in the little dining area still faithfully making its rounds despite the near emptiness of the second floor, and in the soft drumming of the rain against the window and the even softer murmur of the two's conversation, Mishiro thought of propping her elbow on the table and shutting her eyes like he had a few moments prior. As she returned her book to her inventory, her gaze drifted to the timepiece they'd placed at the center of the table.

It was a cold, mellow afternoon.

And in the place of raindrops, streaks of liquid darkness ran down the window.

She heard his chair slide back against the stone floor. In the time it took for her to snatch her precious masterwork from the table and push past a very confused and frightened NPC, Claude had already crossed the room and rid the window of its lock. He slammed it open to a strong gust of wind and held out a hand to the pouring rain. Mishiro thought she glimpsed a spread of system alerts over the scrawl of red characters that flooded its status screen before he dismissed it and shook the droplets out of his glove.

"It shouldn't have gotten dark this quickly," she told him, realizing her ignorance.

Looking down at the clamor in the streets below, the gray of his eyes were as dim as the stormclouds hanging heavily above. She could just barely hear a sharp intake of breath before the scout vaulted out of the window and landed, precariously balanced, on a narrow stone ledge.

The rain was unrelenting. It battered down on his cloak, shadow black stains over blood red, and without hesitation, Mishiro brought a leg up to follow.

"--Stay here." She was just as quickly stopped by a firm hand on her shoulder and the same wavering smile he wore whenever he had to leave the house for the day. Claude tugged at the edge of his hood. "Alright? I'll check it out, head back as soon as I can. You know what to do if it gets dangerous."

"Be safe." 

Something unpleasant wended its way around her chest as she watched his figure bound over the ledges and disappear beneath a shop's awning. She shut the window and remained standing by it until the rain finally dyed its glass black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a highly mountainous region, various ores and materials that could be used for smithing were prevalent. Not far outside of Nimbus, maybe a five to ten minute walk from the main settlement, the brunette found herself scrounging through the loose rocks on the side of the mountain for anything she could use. She grunted in disappointment, holding two simple rocks in her hands which she had mistaken for iron before tossing them over her shoulder. "Dammit.. am I really not going to find anything here?"

 Just then, her eyes caught a slight twinkle a couple of feet away as she shifted her position. "Bingo." she said with a smirk, cautiously stepping over the fallen debris to where she found her quarry. What looked like some sort of ore, some of it partially loosened from erosion or a previous landslide, assisted in allowing her to collect the materials without actually having to pick away at the rock. That didn't mean that her prize was not tough to remove, however. Using her curved sword, Jevi shoved the tip as much as she could behind the rock and fought to pry it out. She strained and strained, feeling barely any budge. 

Plip..plip.. rain began to gently fall from the sky as dark clouds tumbled over the mountain tops above her. At first, the woman paid no mind to it, and she continued to try and loosen the ore as much as she could. However, as the droplets of rain began to trickle down her forehead, she felt the need to wipe the beads off. It was then she noticed that this was no normal rain, but some sort of dark, shadowy substance. "W-What?" Her eyes trailed up the mountain to see clouds darker than she had expected, raining black ink down. Looking around, the cloud coverage seemed to stretch across the entirety of the Seventh Floor, expanding farther and farther. The rain also began to pick up, falling harder and harder.

"Shit.. I've gotta get out of here." She said to herself as she began to panic, fumbling over the debris and running immediately towards the town of Nimbus. Jevi was foolish to think she could outrun the storm, as her vision of the settlement became more and more of a blur, and darkness began to envelop her. 

ID#: 177039
Initial Roll Value: 8

Edited by Jevi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Standing on the second floor, she would examine one of the crystals that the town of Rig used for its lighting. It was a peculiar thing, a green glowing stone that cast a faint light over wherever it sat. Suddenly, a gust of wind threatened to push the small woman over, forcing her to lean her weight into the sudden wind. "What was that?" She would ask, casting her gaze to the sky. The sky had begun to darken, the affected areas becoming black as night. The wind that came from the storm was bitter cold, slicing through her clothes seeming to want to freeze her directly. Suddenly, it began to rain. 

'Oh, it is just rain.' She thought to herself. The rain began to pelt her and she reached out her hand to touch it. The water caught into her hand and began to form together, instantly creating a small puddle. However, something was off about this puddle. The water was dark and inky. She poured it out of her hand and found that her hand was not even wet from touching the water. "Something is off." She said to herself before stepping underneath a nearby canopy. It was a storm, all she had to do was wait it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aquarian finally decided to explore some of the other floors other than Floor 1 and Floor 22. He picked on the 7th floor because it did not seem threatening enough luckily. "Okay, now what to do." He muttered to himself, looking around the expanse of the city. He began walking towards the town edge when he looked up to see a storm starting to roll in. He smiled softly to himself, excited for the idea of some rain and to see the environment in a wetter climate. 

However, when the ink-like rain began to fall upon his arms, he quickly high tailed it back to the city center. His eyes darted to the other people who looked just as, or more so concerned than he was. Everyone was starting to come together in the city center, talking amongst themselves about what is going on. He looked to see if he recognized anyone from his guild or the few friends he has made, but unfortunately he was not seeing many people just yet.

Spoiler

ID#: 177050
Initial Roll Value: 3
Giving or Receiving: List who you're giving to or receiving from, and how much.
Final Roll Value: The value after you've added or subtracted.

 

Edited by Aquan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Food.

Koga had lost track of time out there. He'd spent far too long at the Temple of the Three. Koga wasn't really a follower of Shinto, he and Tala had both been raised in a Christian household, but the Temple was something he'd wanted to see. Tala would've probably just scoffed at it and walked away.

He'd spent a long time staring at the two remaining statues of the deities, and wondered if anything like them even really existed. Or, if he pulled back the veil, would they crumble into dust like their third companion. Once upon a time he'd believed in God. Nowadays, he wasn't so sure. He'd seen too much, and had too many things taken from him to put much stock in the idea of benevolent god.

Even as Koga reentered Floor Seven's main settlement, Nimbus, he was still thinking about gods and their cruelty. A crack of thunder shattered Koga's thoughts, the sound ripping through the air violently. Koga looked up at the sky, covered in grey clouds that seemed to get denser and denser the longer he looked at them. Koga loved storms. He loved the rain, watching the lightning split the sky and listening to the thunder crack. His bucket list even included flying through a storm to watch the lightning, as crazy as it sounded. But this storm was different. A chill crawled up Koga's spine and the ominous dark clouds cast a shadow of uneasiness over him. Then the drops began to fall. Heavy, the rain fell, and Koga caught some in an outstretched hand. The thick, black, viscous liquid slowly slipped out of the swordsman's hand, leaving a long dark trail behind it. Whatever this unnatural storm was, it elicited a single primal response from Koga.

Run!

Spoiler

ID#: 177051
Initial Roll Value: 2
Giving or Receiving: N/A
Final Roll Value: N/A

 

Edited by Koga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the millionth time, Lessa checked her messages. It was silly, of course - Bahr would never message her in the heat of battle, and there was no way that the boss was defeated yet. But anxiety still crawled across her skin like tiny bugs, and was only slightly calmed by seeing his name. As long as he still rode near the top of her friend's list, he was still alive. And that was something.

The blonde drew in a long, slow breath, visualizing a cart riding up a rollercoaster's hill. She held the air for a second, imagining herself hanging over the edge, before she slowly exhaled. As the cart raced down, and she expelled the breath from her lungs, she did her best to force out the overwhelming stress. Then, she began the process again.

I should be there. The words marched through her mind, an incessant murmuring like an alarm she can't turn off. How could you let him go alone? She hadn't been ready, and it wasn't worth the risk. She knew that, yet the guilt still weighed like bricks, dragging her down into the darkness she had only just escaped from. 

She had known this would happen, too. Lessa had known when she had said goodbye to Bahr that morning that she'd drive herself mad. So she'd reached out to someone else, who could help keep her from slipping until the worst of it was over. Someone who had always had a way of keeping her steady.

But where was Alkor? Even as she turned a slow three-sixty, dark raindrops began to pepper her exposed skin.

@Alkor

ID#: 177052
Initial Roll Value: 12
Giving or Receiving: -
Final Roll Value: -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dark-Storm-Clouds_chillcover.com_.jpg

Round Two

"Go, get inside the house!" Desiree commanded, shouting to be heard above the thundering rain and roaring wind. Black raindrops pelted her skin as she shoved Mara toward the front door. When the girl stood rooted to the spot, staring, transfixed, at the ink-stained sky, her mother simply scooped Mara into her arms. Together, the pair tumbled into their home seconds before the wind snatched the door and slammed it with all the force of an angry teenager. 

Though the sun's rays fought to permeate the darkness, clouds like columns of soot beat back the light. Thunder rolled, the low, guttural growl of a cornered animal. Even as the rain poured, and the shadows consumed the last of the light, a sense of foreboding lingered. It could get worse. It would get worse.

The NPCs huddled together in the corner of their bedroom, Mara held tightly to Desiree's chest. The girl kept her eyes scrunched closed, though she remained comforted by her mother's gentle murmuring. If only Desiree could believe those reassuring words herself. Panic coursed through her like electricity, but she could not bring herself to rationalize the situation. This isn't supposed to be happening. This is wrong. It was as if a mental barrier kept Desiree from choosing her next step, or the best course of action, so she would simply stay where she was.

A sudden cold unlike any Desiree had felt before washed over her. Trembling, she glanced upward to find a steady stream of black water leaking through her window, and pouring over her head. The storm, it seemed, had still found her.

Round Two will end in 72 hours [Nov 10th at 5pm ET]
This is the final round for players to join. The event will be closed to after this deadline.

The LD Threshold is 1.

Edited by The Shadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was then it dawned on her, the timing was off. It was this cold and this dark, but notably it was day. The katana on her hip a subtle glimmer in cyan, should she need it would be ready. A tap on her wrist draws her focus down. That which looked like oil, beads before sliding around it. It was thick like syrup or blood. Was the sun gone or simply consumed by this darkness. Sounds and outcries to her surroundings peel her senses, hysteria from the horizon just outside her purview. A faint silhouette punched along monochrome clouds, the sun was alive but buried.

She weighed her options, her life meant little to her. The choice was should she hunt in this forced atmosphere for the culprit, or should she offer aid to those that are stricken with fear. Confused she takes to the soil, flicking her arm to get the gunk from it before it starts to pick up. Her hair in white begins to be tainted, as the rainfall starts to pick up pace.

A player in clad, focused on the turmoil has a creeping beast on her flank. With one swift stroke it dissipates and without a word, the girl remains obscured.

ID#:177173
Initial Roll Value: 17
Giving or Receiving: 1 transferred to @Lessa
Final Roll Value: 16

Edited by Setsuna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rain, if that's what this was, came down hard. Koga's face was streaked with black marks, parting gifts from the dark, coal black drops. Okami ran along beside the swordsman, his white fur stained ebony. The drops pelted Koga's hood rhythmically, filling his ears with the repetitive beat that sounded all too much like war drums, their rolling ensemble occasionally punctuated by a flash of lightning, followed soon after by the crash of thunder.

Koga wasn't quite sure where he was running to. His legs seemed to move on their own, twisting down alleys, rounding obscure corners he didn't know existed, all the while slowly traversing upwards. Lightning flashed again, and the dark alleys were briefly illuminated by the ominous light. Shadows played at the edges of Koga's sight, and the panicked shouting of both players and NPCs did more than their natural share in raising Koga's heart rate. Something was terribly wrong.

Spoiler

ID#: 177174
Initial Roll Value: 4
Giving or Receiving: N/A
Final Roll Value: N/A

 

Edited by Koga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Take cover!", roared a man with a hefty build as a flood of NPC villagers swarmed into Nimbus's municipal tavern. The sudden and simultaneous slamming of the building's doors and shutters nearly caused Elora to hurl her Guinness across the bar in alarm. "Christ!", she complained as she wiped the spilled beverage from the wooden counters with the tail of her cloak, "What the fuck is going on?!" 

She stood and made her way over to one of the windows, doing her best to force its boards open against the gusts of a powerful gale. Finally managing to catch a glimpse of the landscape outside, Elora could see that a sinister storm now loomed over the viridian countryside, threatening to snuff out its sunlight within a handful of passing seconds. Players frantically darted across gravel paths in search of cover, seemingly unconcerned with using the floor's portal to simply vacate the floor. "Well...that doesn't look great...", she admitted before latching the window closed and returning to her stool, "Guess I'll just stay in here 'til it passes"

 

Storm.jpg.29f23e11431a6dd94f48f7b4c07a8b1e.jpg

 

Spoiler

ID#: 177175
Roll Value: 19
Giving or Receiving: N/A 
Final Roll Value: 19

Edited by Elora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×